home
RSS
CNN iReport: Doug and the Bible Project
December 9th, 2011

CNN iReport: Doug and the Bible Project

(CNN)– CNN iReporter Doug Logeais recorded this video of himself assembling an art project that visualizes every word in the Bible.

"I really just wanted to see what it would look like to see the entire Bible all at once," he said.

"Every page. Every word. Not just your favorite passage and ignoring what you don’t like. The whole thing. What would it look like?"

Read the full story here and send in your own I-Reports here.
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible

1. mikey

If you read Malachi 3:10

If you want to see if God is real, God says test me.

I bet you will blow this off, or say something insulting and that's fine I'm ok with that.

For the rest of you, God bless you all.

I won't be able to respond...I'm just in a rush lol

December 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
  2. John

December 10, 2011 at 11:57 am |
    • .......

TRASH ALERT – Don't bother viewing this garbage, click the report abuse link instead to get rid of this TROLL!

December 12, 2011 at 11:08 am |
  3. GOD

Mirosal, thats not part of my plan. You cant see the big picture.

December 10, 2011 at 3:27 am |
    • Mirosal

I think I need to contact the people who edit Roget's Thesaurus. The new synonym for "god", at least in this case, would be "troll".

December 10, 2011 at 3:33 am |
    • Q

Hi God,
      Long time listener, first time caller... Quick question: Are there still any Amalekite children/infants around and would you like me to "spare them not" and hack em' to pieces with a short sword as required in 1 Sam 15:3? Alternatively, I could just drown them "flood-style" like in the good ole days. Of course, as you desire, once I find them, you send some she-bears or I could go Jepthah on them. I await your vengeful, jealous, full of wraith, loving, just and merciful but rather capricious and schizophrenic command...

December 10, 2011 at 3:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

Q, you can click on the sermons from John Harvey to understand the 2 options of sin ... confession or excuses.

Funny that an atheist posted these scriptures because it has to do with the sin of pride.

December 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Q, here's a good sermon discussing your concern about Elisha and the 2 she bears.

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)
      Study By: J. Hampton Keathley, III

December 10, 2011 at 9:31 pm |
  4. Jimtanker

Why is it, if the bible is supposed to the inerrant word of your god, that there are over 38,000 different denominations of xtians? You would think that an omnipotent god would be able to do a better job than that. Oh yea, and the normal excuse you people use that it is about free will doesn’t work either. That brings up another one of the weaknesses of your god.

December 10, 2011 at 12:40 am |
    • HeavenSent

Actually, Jimtanker, Jesus wrote about the variety of denominations in the Bible. If you care to read His truth, you'll find His answer written about your same question, how many thousands of years ago? Therefore, I would say that the weakness lies in you not understanding His truth.

December 10, 2011 at 1:41 am |
    • Jimtanker

Until you can show evidence that your Jebus ever existed then I will continue to count him as a character in a work of fiction.

December 10, 2011 at 1:43 am |
    • HellBent

HS – Jesus didn't write anything. Get a clue.

Off your meds again, eh? So sad, these boards were at least readable while you were gone – it's a bit more painful having to read around your mindless hate.

December 10, 2011 at 2:40 am |
    • News Flash

HS,

December 10, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Lazy, lazy, lazy. That's what non-believers are. You learn the basics of morals/ethics from your parents/caretakers, but fall short on how to apply these qualities to every day life.

Booh. And you atheist opt for sin at the drop of hat. Not very good odds dealing with you folks.

December 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

News Flash, you wrote “HS, You forgot to cite the verses you were making up. He NEVER said anything about "denominations". You just make up things as you go along ...”

Answer: There are so many I can post. Colossians 2 is one of my favorites.

December 10, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
    • Calladus

HS, Colossians 2:18 says we shouldn't trust anything you say. How about that!

December 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  5. George

The Bible is the best book ever! It is the inerrant Holy Word of God. The most expensive thing you can think of pales in comparison to the Bible. Each word is a diamond, each sentence, an emerald. It is the user manual for humanity. All that you need to know or will ever need to know is contained within its covers. It inspires awe in all believers.

December 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm |

George
      Ask yourself this simple question: Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe?

Why doesn't a book written by an omniscient being leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight? Wouldn't you expect the author to tell us things that scientists have not been able to discover yet?

Yet, when we open the Bible and actually read it, we find it is nothing like that at all. Instead of leaving us in awe, it leaves us dumbfounded by all of the nonsense and backwardness that it contains. If you read what the Bible actually says, you find that the Bible is ridiculous. If we are honest with ourselves, it is obvious that an "all-knowing" God had absolutely nothing to do with this book.

The reason why the Bible contains so much nonsense is because God is imaginary. The Bible is a book written thousands of years ago by primitive men. A book that advocates senseless murder, slavery and the oppression of women has no place in our society today.

December 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, seriously. Do you have better ammunition than this? We've heard all the atheists cookie cutter question and answers? I haven't heard a unique and creative question or answer from any of the atheists yet.

Therefore, your generation has slipped out of first place that you believe you held.

December 10, 2011 at 12:16 am |
    • Disciple of Godliness

Posting as a Christian just to give way for your recycled comment is a quite a clever but the most desperate thing to do.

It has been the strategy of your fellow anywhere on this board on their quest to ridicule Christians.

But to tell you honestly, it sells already and noone wil ever buy it again even for 200% discount.

December 10, 2011 at 12:18 am |

George
      Ask yourself this simple question: Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe ?

December 10, 2011 at 12:24 am |
    • Disciple of Godliness

Put down that glass! You only have one shot limit, making it two will drown your tiny brain.

December 10, 2011 at 12:33 am |
    • George

@Ungodly

I don't understand your post at all. I AM left with a sense of awe. I thought I made that clear with my original post, but I guess I was mistaken.

December 10, 2011 at 1:15 am |
    • HeavenSent

Great Post George. I find the Bible to be the ultimate read. There is no other writing that comes close to His truth. It's too bad that the atheist are condemned with no eyes to see, nor ears to hear His truth. That too, is written.

Oh well atheists, it's either hanging up that ego to comprehend His truth or go on living assuming you do.

December 10, 2011 at 1:48 am |
    • HellBent

If the bible is the inerrant word of god, you'd think that an omnipotent being could be a wee bit clearer and not contradi.ct himself so much. I would also think that if an omnipotent being wanted to get a message across to his creations, he would have chosen a better, more effective, more global method that speaking through a bunch of middle eastern sheep herders. Though, really, I should expect all that much from a deity who enjoys the smell of burning animal flesh.

December 10, 2011 at 2:43 am |
    • HotAirAce

The least he could have done was to provide each of us with a Babble Fish! Or jumped into the 21st century and automatically uploaded "The Latest and Greatest Babble" directly onto our computers!! Heck, if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates can fill up 300GB with their stuff, you'd think a major supernatural being could manage a few kilobytes of drivel.

December 10, 2011 at 2:48 am |
    • HellBent

Maybe god is a technophobe. I struggle to find any other reason why god would blather on to seemingly anyone who would listen for hundreds of years giving them rule upon rule – and occasionally reversing previous rules – and then decide to just keep quiet for two thousand years. You'd think, given all of the various interpretations of his supposed word that he would want to issue an addendum or something just to clear things up. You know, something like – 'being saved really isn't enough, what you do actually does matter, unless you're a carnie – circus folk are doomed. Oh, and I was kidding about that whole stone-your-disobedient-children thing. Jokes on you. LOL.'

December 10, 2011 at 2:59 am |
    • GOD

This is GOD. I'm not a technophobe and now that I'm communicating with you through the computer you can now believe in me.

December 10, 2011 at 3:13 am |
    • Mirosal

Hey, "God", I rebuke you and your very existence. Legend has it you are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Very well then, you know who I am, my name and where I live. I triple-dog dare you to come get me.

December 10, 2011 at 3:18 am |
    • AGuest9

It's interesting how the "inerrant" must be changed from time to time. Those changes aren't corrections? In much the same way as the pope speaks "infallibly" from the chair?

December 10, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
    • John Richardson

I'd much rather have a custom built Ford GT40. MUCH rather.

In fact, I'd rather have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, come to think of it! Had one with blackberry jelly on a pretzel bagel earlier. Good stuff. Don't think I have a bible on hand. If I did, it'd just be collecting dust, which is pretty much the highest and best use for that sort of white elephant.

December 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  6. Jack_O

Dos the bible become any more intelligible by "seeing" it? Christianity by osmosis? The bible as idol?

Although I do commend the intention to accept it all, not just cherry-picked quotes.

December 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
  7. Ungodly Discipline

The "Doxology" is a song sung in millions of Christian churches around the world every Sunday. It opens with this sentence:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

With that one sentence we can prove that God is imaginary, just like Santa Claus.

We can prove that Santa is imaginary in a variety of ways, but here is one way: we note that he brings mountains of toys to rich kids while leaving other kids to starve to death.

In the same way, we can prove that God is imaginary by noting the imbalance of his blessings. If God existed and handed out blessings as described in the Doxology, then the blessings would be spread uniformly among his believers. And non-believers would get none. As a result, the hand of God, through his blessings, would be plainly visible for all to see through statistical analysis.

Let us suppose that God is real and that all blessings actually do flow from him. If that is the case, then the utter unfairness with which he disperses his blessings is proof positive that God is ridiculous. If all blessings flow from God, then the fact that Bill Gates is worth $70 billion while 10 million children will starve to death this year is specifically God's fault. That is ridiculous.
    Here is a typical church in Raleigh, NC: Colonial Baptist Church

The church's web site has this to say: "In May of 1993 the church fellowship voted unanimously to relocate our church campus. As a result of God's gracious plan, our Tryon site almost immediately became inadequate to facilitate our growing numbers. Thus, the church body once again demonstrated its pioneering spirit, faith and vision—vision to be a church not only blessed with a wonderful past, but faith and trust in God for an enduring, effective future. As of May 21, 1996, we became the owners of 33 acres on which to build our new facilities. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!" This church has soccer fields, indoor basketball courts, dozens of meeting rooms and classrooms, several buses, a library, a huge sanctuary and ample free parking.

One obvious question to ask after reading the church's statement is this: If all blessings flow from God, then why are his blessings so amazingly unbalanced? Why are tens of thousands of children dying of starvation every day on this planet, while Colonial Baptist Church is blessed with such wealth? Why wouldn't God spread his blessings evenly among all his children? Answer: Because God is imaginary.

December 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungo, you didn't prove anything except that you know how to post.

December 9, 2011 at 10:10 pm |

HeavenSent,

December 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you tried you best to subdue your subject with the topic of mental illness by posting "HeavenSent,
      Honestly I am concerned for your sanity, but I will play along. If you want to comment on my posts then comment. I don't really get the point of your replies. I would be more than happy to have a discussion if you are capable."

Answer: You folks with your insulting tactics, arrogance, believing you are above all others is beyond the past generations. Oh, when the fall comes, who in humanity is going to wipe your tired brow? I do believe you all got your start during your youth with that rag game dungeons and dragons (LOL).

December 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm |

December 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you posted "HS, I have to be honest, I have no idea what that post means. Are you intoxicated?"

Answer: Still working from the perspective of put downs. I loved the "I have to be honest" angle. You sounded almost human as if you cared about humanity. Tune in Ungo, you're an atheist. Atheist look down on humanity, want every change made with you in command. Or, did you not know that you believe you are above all? If you give me an answer that you're not like this or I've got you all wrong. Back up a minute. Why would you be on a site bashing the teachings of Jesus?

Transparency at it's best.

December 10, 2011 at 12:22 am |

December 10, 2011 at 12:27 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you posted "HS, no I am quite serious. I think you are most likely an alcoholic and should seek help. I care for you."

Answer: I was left as roadkill by non-believers in my career as well as personal life. Therefore, I am the perfect Christian to tell you atheists what I was forced to learn about you. I live the damage your kind (meaning arrogant) leave in your wake. As I wrote time and time again, who are you folks to arrogantly come on to a site and think you have the right to bash Jesus' truth? Then to honestly believe that you know better than what He's written? All I can think of is "get over yourselves".

As for your attempts to put me down (as if Christians haven't comprehended this MO all of you use) ... I don't do drugs (street or prescription) nor drink and the strongest medicine that I ever take is aspirin. Not that you care. I'm sure you'll come back with another strategy to slide in the "cut your opponent down" angle ... in order to (OMG) win at any cost. After all, you believe the fittest and the strongest survive. Psychology labeled this the dysfunctional win/loose mentality.

December 10, 2011 at 2:11 am |
    • HellBent

"You folks with your insulting tactics, arrogance, believing you are above all others"

@HS – that describes pretty much every post of yours I've ever read.

December 10, 2011 at 2:44 am |
  8. Ungodly Discipline

Have you ever thought about the offering plate in church? If God is real, why do they have to pass it? If you read these verses in the Bible, you can see that God claims to be extremely powerful and willing to answer any prayer:

• Matthew 7:7
    • Matthew 17:20
    • Matthew 21:21
    • Mark 11:24
    • John 14:12-14
    • Matthew 18:19
    • Mark 9:23
    • Luke 1:37

Now consider this: Why don't the priests, preachers, ministers and deacons of the church gather together every Sunday morning and pray to Jesus for the money they need? Why doesn't Jesus answer their prayers? Why do churches have to beg for money from mere mortals when there is an immortal, all-powerful God who should provide anything they ask for? Here is what "God" is saying:

Pray to me for anything and I will hear and answer your prayers. I say it in dozens of places in the Bible, but I like the way I say it in Mark 11:24 the best: "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Anything you need - money, love, happiness, you name it - I am here to provide it for you.

Now, there is just one thing I need in return. I need your money. I need lots of your money. The Bible specifies that you ti-the ten percent of your income to me, but think of that as a starting point. Feel free to give more!

Because even though I created the universe and everything in it, and even though I will give you everything you ask for in prayer, I can't give a cent to any church, ever. When they pass the offering plate at church, be sure to give generously!

This, of course, is ridiculous.

The reason why they pass the offering plate at church is because God is imaginary.

December 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungo, you do realize you are asking from a carnal perspective about spiritual matters.

December 9, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

HS, again, if you actually have something intelligent to say, I will dialogue with you.

December 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Seriously ungodly, just because you folks change handles at the drop of a dime, doesn't mean your circular arguments stopped. Halted maybe as you regroup. Besides, Christians have tried to have serious conversations with you folks for over a year and what did we get? A bag of tricks. When tricks for kids were figured out, you change your handle as well as your MO and start anew. Your generation is nothing special, you're just in that arrogant phase that soon will pass as you get a taste of life, outside the fishbowl classroom.

December 9, 2011 at 11:42 pm |

HS

December 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
    • LunAtheicst

That was the genuine Heaven Sent Speaking, hats off!

December 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • Disciple of Godliness

@ Ungodly Discipline

Yeah right..that's the way toodlers respond when reproved by their parents, way to go lad!

December 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
    • Disciple of Godliness

*toddlers rather

December 9, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, I'm not looking for a dialogue with you. I'm just tripping you up in your game.

December 10, 2011 at 12:25 am |
    • Ungodly Discipline

HS, you make me sad, but I hope you will some day see the light.

December 10, 2011 at 12:29 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you just tipped your hand that you're not a new handle on this site. See if you can see what I see in your last post back to me "HS, You are all over the map man. Why don't you just give it up and go play bingo? Amen."

December 10, 2011 at 12:30 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, do you atheist think or do anything creative? You don't live in His light, you live in darkness. Again, atheists stealing His truth and calling it their own.

December 10, 2011 at 2:16 am |
  9. Ungodly Discipline

@fred
    "God's plan" is the way that Christians traditionally explain things like amputations, cancer, hurricanes and car accidents. For example, if a Christian dies a painful and tragic death because of cancer, she dies as part of God's plan. Her death has a purpose. God called her home for a reason. Even if something bad happens to a Christian, it is actually good because it is part of God's plan.

“Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death.
    The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

There is also this:

Regardless of the circ umstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you.

Under this view of the universe, God plans everything.

He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death."

Let's examine one simple implication of this statement. What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

December 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
    • fred

This rant looks strangely familiar. What other names do you use to post here?

December 9, 2011 at 9:08 pm |

I do what I want, GOSH!

December 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungo, which version of the Bible are you taking your scriptures? The KJ V of Psalms 139:16 is written as follows:

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all [my members] were written, [which] in continuance were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them.

December 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungo, as I stated in my previous post, which version of the Bible are you reading from and list all the scriptures you seem to be quoting from.

December 9, 2011 at 10:25 pm |

HS
      Isn't the Bible the Bible?

December 9, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

NO. Only the KJV and I believe a few others can be traced back to the scrolls. Most of the newer versions, which I suspect you grabbed said scriptures have been tampered with changing the teachings.

December 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

Whaaa HS?? You mean I can't trust in the Gospel??

December 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you posted "Whaaa HS?? You mean I can't trust in the Gospel??"

Answer: The garbage you quoted comes from your team. Therefore, you can not trust the atheist gospel.

December 10, 2011 at 12:32 am |
  10. George

God said let their be light in the Bible and I believe in it. It wasn't just talking about light from the sun or light bulbs, but light as in the salt of the earth, or us, Christians. We are to represent the light of the lamb and spread the word of Jesus. You know how I know the Bible is 100% accurate? The Bible Codes. You people have no idea what the Lord's plan is because you ignore the morality the Bible tells you about.

The codes are prophecies in the Bible that prove it is real. No one can dispute it. This proves that the Bible was given to us by God Himself to save us. Only a fool would ignore this truth. Just look around. The world is proof of God that Jesus saved us.

December 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
    • WorshipSnowyWhite

If God was so intent on providing us with a stable and irrefutable piece of historical evidence that would lead people to him, then please explain why there are SECRET codes.

Because, I'm not sure if YOU know, but God didn't fly down from heaven with pen and paper and write the whole Bible out.....Pretty sure it was a group of HUMANS, that as far as you know, could have just MADE IT ALL UP.

I could probably find a hidden code in "The Great Gatsby" that would prophesize the end of the world too. All it takes is some dedication and time to waste. Which is kinda what "Bible Code Finders" are doing....wasting their time.

December 9, 2011 at 7:52 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

Yes George, God said let there be light. But he forgot to create the stars until later. God is a moron. Additionally, stars don't even provide light for Earth, except ours, the Sun. The Bible was written by ignorant men very much like you.

December 9, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

George, if God wanted us to believe, why hide the truth? Also, 2000 years ago you couldn't get away from him and Jesus. Now they are hiding. Why? Here is why, they don't exist and you are a fool.

December 9, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

George, how is "The world proof of God that Jesus saved us"? The world is proof of a rocky planet created by our Sun. Nothing more. Man, you have one hell of an imagination.

December 9, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
    • Snow

Are you a true christian? do you follow everything in your bible? if so,
      – How many non believers did you kill till now
      – how many idol worshipers of different faith did you kill
      – how many blasphemes and witches did you burn at stake
      – How many disobedient children did you kill for talking back to their parents?

When you do all those, come talk to me and I will consider you a true christian and hear every bit of drivel you dish out.. till then, I suggest taking a pie of "shut the f up"

December 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
    • George

For the record, the George talking about hidden codes is not the conservative Christian George who believes that such things are sorcery and of the devil.

December 9, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Snow, you posted "George, since you will not answer the first few times, here is another attempt for clarification about you and your god..

Are you a true christian? do you follow everything in your bible? if so,
      – How many non believers did you kill till now
      – how many idol worshipers of different faith did you kill
      – how many blasphemes and witches did you burn at stake
      – How many disobedient children did you kill for talking back to their parents?

MY QUESTION FOR YOU: I'm guessing you are in your early to mid 20s. Therefore, since the Gulf war, how many of the enemy did you kill?

December 9, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
    • HeavenSent

WorshipSnowyWhite, I believe you watch too many movies. The only secret to the Bible is in order to comprehend Jesus' teachings, one needs to remain humble.

December 9, 2011 at 11:49 pm |
  11. captain america

Canadians have long been known to be communists. It's also a well-docu-mented fact that canada has been at the bloodthirsty vampire heart of every major conflict on the planet since the beginning of written record, and probably before that. Canada is full of atheists, which is why they have such crappy free health care. Liberalism equals communism.

December 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm |

I love Canada.

December 9, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • Answer

Yep Canada is the home of atheists. The safe and free land of thought and prosperity.

Canada is the best.

December 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
    • HotAirAce

We're not perfect yet. We still have to get rid of the mention of some god (not sure which one...) in our const!tution and national anthem. I delight in responding with "There are no gods!" is response to "(Some) god keep this land..." but am willing to forego this fun in favour of removing the bullshit.

December 10, 2011 at 2:26 am |
    • captain america

Getting closer to the real captain america. We suspect that the phony is Tom,Tom, the Pipers Son, a qu eer canadian who wishes he was a woman and probably exists in that role. It Is Saturday, tom tom, time to dress in womens clothing and hang around in bars.

December 10, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
  12. Caramba

People! People! Hey! There ARE other books out there! Let it go! Just...let it go! You're killin me here!!!

December 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • The Mad Librarian

Die! DIE! DIE!

December 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  13. David Johnson

Oh, WoW! I was ripped off! I suggested the entire bible be printed on rolls of toilet paper. One page per sheet. Each visit, you could read a page or two and then tidy up. In a couple of months, a person could read the holy book.

Cheers!

December 9, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
    • GodPot

If you want another book to tell you that you are special try "I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!: Daily Affirmations With Stuart Smalley."

It tell's you that you are the center of the universe and because you are, you shouldn't feel guilty about being so gosh darn special. It's perfect for the Christian who just can't seem to get through Genesis but still wants to feel superior over others.

December 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
    • GuySmiley

And, darn it, people like you!

December 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
    • HeavenSent

David, since you are obviously full of it, I'd say your reading could be completed in a day.

December 9, 2011 at 5:50 pm |

December 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Ungodly Discipline

You said: "I keep telling you all, just grab the Gideon's whenever you stay in a hotel room and use it. No need to waste a perfectly good roll of Toilet Paper."

By golly, a man who thinks "green". I salute you sir!

Cheers!

December 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm |

Damn straight!

December 9, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
  14. gupsphoo

It's meaningless to "visualize every word in the Bible" simultaneously.

You have to look closely at every verse to see its absurdity and immoral nature.

For example, God sent two bears to rip apart 42 kids for taunting his prophet Elisha (2 Kings 2:23-25). You will probably miss details like this in this so-called project.

December 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • GodPot

December 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • GodPot

Follow up question along the same lines: How old would Jesus be if he had not been killed back in the first century and had continued living a sinless life as the scriptures claim he lived up until his death?

December 9, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Now to burst your bubble gupshoo. Jesus' truth explains every type of carnal personality that has ever walked the planet. I'm comprehending the scripture you atheists always mention. I'm coming to the conclusion that these children were all atheists snubbing their noses at every/all rules and regulations in society.

Just a guess. I'll check with scholars to see if I'm close to Jesus' teachings on this one.

December 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • Snow

December 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Your assessment is quite accurate, Snow.

December 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm |

December 9, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
    • Snow

Why, Thank you Ms. Tom, Tom. The saddest part of that exchange is that its not even a joke.. I think HeavenSent truly does believe that..

December 9, 2011 at 9:09 pm |
    • David Johnson

@gupsphoo

Talking / debating with believers is beyond belief. Even when shown how vicious and unbelievable a bible story is, they will apply theological gymnastics to "prove" they are correct.

The bible says god sent she bears to maul 42 children. Their crime / sin was teasing a bald man. God is a perfectly just god. Obviously this punishment was deserved.

Just once I would like to hear a believer say: " Wow! god is a real pis_ser, isn't he?

Cheers!

December 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm |
    • HeavenSent

GodPot, you posted "42 kids? Thats nothing!! The bible also says that the penalty for sin is death and sin entered into all mankind after Adam ate a piece of fruit, so the God of the bible condemned evey human, all born through terrible birth pains which was another penalty for eating the fruit, to death because centuries ago our forefather ate some fruit that didn't belong to him. Question to all the Christians here, when would Adam have died if he had not eaten of the fruit? If you answered "He would still be alive unless he sinned, since death only enters man after he sins" you would be correct, but that would also bring up another question, what good would Adam have for an immortal soul if he was never meant to die?"

Question: What fruit did Adam eat (LOL). You must be a former Catholic?

December 9, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you wrote "In all seriousness, this "HeavenSent" from what I have seen the last two days is mentally ill. I would encourage him or her to get treatment. Not a healthy brain at work there.:

Answer: How's this for telling you straight. After posting with most of you arrogant, full of yourself fools for almost a year, I stick to my same conclusion that you atheists are a bunch of big egoed anti-social perverts, not to mention the biggest brats on this planet.

I hope that makes it clear to you? If not, I'm sure you guys will gang up on my post.

December 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Snow, you posted "So heavensent.. if a child thumbs their nose at a church or its priest.. you want to kill him? Are you an f ing psychopath? get yourself admitted, man.. you have serious problems in your head"

Answer: Seriously, I've never met a Christian that discussed or complained about said scriptures. Only the atheists on this site complained and pointed them out. Reading what you complain about, I believe your complaints are concerns for yourselves ... (e.g., you put yourself in what is written). If so, then those scriptures were written about the likes of you.

I call it the way I see it. If you don't agree, then stop complaining because some of these scriptures were written about the likes of folks like ed Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, the Green River Killer, BTK etc.

December 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm |

HS = WEAK
      Not even worth a reply. But do get help.

December 9, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
    • HeavenSent

David Johnson, you complained while posting "@gupsphoo, One believer defended this this by saying, these children were actually young adults and they weren't actually killed only mauled.

Cheers!"

Question: What do you suppose the subject, article and outcome (aka facts for you non-believers) are concerning those scriptures you complain so much about? Those kids are just as rebellious and anti-social as you atheists if that gives you a hint?

December 9, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, for the record. I care less what an atheist thinks. All I know from this group of atheists you believe the hype of what's been in print for the YZ generations or whatever you are called today and that no one can figure you out. LOL.

December 9, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

HS, if you care less why are you replying to me. Go away.

December 9, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Answer: Snow, if future generations read about your crib that was really rag. Would they automatically assume this meant that you never grew up and needed to be babied in a play pin? Therefore, scholars are still arguing over interpretation over the terminology of the day.

December 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
    • David Johnson

@HeavenSent

Believer's Rule of Thumb:
      If a bible verse furthers the cause, it is to be taken literally. If a bible verse is detrimental to the cause, it is either: taken out of context; is allegorical; refers to another verse somewhere else; is a translation or copyist's error; means something other than what it actually says; Is a mystery of god or not discernable by humans; or is just plain magic.

Christians want so badly to believe that their god is perfectly just and that humans deserve whatever He hands out to them. The story of the bears, was obviously folklore, as is most of the bible (that and lies generated to prove the case for the little Messiah, that never was.

Hmmm...

It is said: "By your fruit you will be known."

Let's look at your god's "fruit".

God directly or at His insistence, murdered men, women and children including babies. This isn't just? Is this moral?

God killed every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah and his family, because man was wicked. Afterwards, He decides He won't kill everything again, because man's heart is evil from his youth. Is this just? Is this moral? Is it sane? An all knowing god didn't know this BEFORE He murdered everyone on the planet? OOOooopsie!

God had a man believe he was going to sacrifice his son to Him. Do you know how traumatic that would be for a father and his son?
      If you had the power would you do this? Would you be so insecure? This isn't just? Is this moral?

There was a man who loved God. God made a bet with Satan that even if the man were tortured, his possessions taken, and his children killed, he would still love God and never curse Him. God won the bet.
      Would you do that? Would you kill a man's children for a bet? This isn't just? Is this moral?

God sent a bear to kill a group of children, because they had teased one of His prophets.
      Did the children deserve to die, because they teased a bald man? This isn't evil? Is this moral? Is this a just god?

God allowed a man to sacrifice his daughter to Him, for giving the man a victory in battle. Human sacrifice! This isn't evil? Is this moral? Is this just?

God killed the innocent babies of Egypt. The 10th plague in Egypt involved the murder of every first born of the Egyptians. Only an insane monster would kill children. Not a just, all loving god.

Jesus / God says he also will kill children in Revelation 2:23? Something to look forward to, from our loving father?

God created a place He can send people to be burned for all eternity. Could an all benevolent god construct such a place of misery? What crime could warrant burning for all eternity? Is this a Just god?

If a puppy wet on the floor, would you hold it over a burner? Even for a second? I couldn't do that. Not to a puppy. Certainly not to a human. I am more moral than the Christian god.

I call Jesus, Himself as a witness!

Jesus had this to say:

Matthew 7:17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

Luke 6:43 "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

1. A god who is not evil, can't do evil things!
      This is established, by Jesus' testimony.

2. The Christian god is guilty of horrid crimes against humans
      Evidenced by the atrocities recorded in the bible and the Christian god's own admission:

Isaiah 45:7, KJV says the Christian god is responsible for at least some evil: "..I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

3. Therefore, god is evil. He bears bad fruit. An evil god cannot be a just god.

If you whine that I am taking these examples out of context, then I invite you to read the examples of god's behavior again. Tell me in what reality or under what circ_umstances, these actions would not be evil? Or the doer of the deeds not vile?

Cheers!

December 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
    • HeavenSent

David Johnson, I did a quick reply to your long winded post “@HeavenSent, Believer's Rule of Thumb:

Hmmm...

It is said: "By your fruit you will be known."

Let's look at your god's "fruit".

I call Jesus, Himself as a witness!

Jesus had this to say:

Luke 6:43 "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

1. A god who is not evil, can't do evil things!
      This is established, by Jesus' testimony.

2. The Christian god is guilty of horrid crimes against humans

Answer: I posted a study by J. Hampton Keathley, III pertaining to Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

I also posted a sermon by John Harvey about being caught in sin and the two options, confession or excuses (see 1 Samuel 15) aka sin of pride.

I keep writing David that God created everything. Life is test from God (due to the fallen angels that rebelled against God in the 1st earth age by following Lucifer (aka satan). Love and follow Jesus (truth about life and the hereafter) and you live spiritually while on earth, die, go back to Him and dwell with Him for eternity. 2nd option, love and follow satan (lies), die spiritually while here on earth, die, go back to God, wait for the day of the Lord, still refuse to Love Jesus, get blotted out ... no eternity for you.

P.S. David. It's God's rules and His ball park.

December 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  15. Sam Yaza

I was hesitant at first I didn’t want to see a gore fest. I can’t even watch say, its really not horror just disgusting, but I clicked on it any ways,… was actually tasteful not if he mad pictures out of them….. I would have to leave the room it looks nice seeing the words thank your god he didn’t paint the picture because I’m sure you would lose even more people from the church

December 9, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  16. Der

Atheists could've stopped so many wars like WW1....wait....ok WW2...no?...Korea!...nope...how many religious conflicts have we been in? Zero point zero.

December 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
    • captain america

All communist inspired aggression, (wars) were the direct result of atheism. The person most commonly associated with causing World War II was an atheist. For a minority, atheists have been responsible for the slaughter of billions of people in wars and pogroms throughout history. Atheists have proved to be the most desperate and bloodthirsty single group of human beings the world has ever seen. Is your lie intended to reeducate the masses comrade?

December 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
    • Bob

Nope, captain, you ignorant tool. Hitler was a catholic. A raving one. Google it.

You don't represent my America, nor do you deserve your claimed rank. I hereby demote you to sh!teater lowest class.

General Bob

December 9, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
    • Bob

PS sh!teater america, you've conflated communism and atheism. You must be pretty stupid.

December 9, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • Rob

communism and atheism, what is the differance?
      The ideology is the SAME!

December 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • captain america

Caught you being ignorant Bob,now you will have to prove what you cannot, what is in someones mind. How well did you know Hitler?

December 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
    • Snow

Haven't you been beaten enough times Captain dumba$$?? Every time you open your mouth, you spew illogical and unreasonable rhetoric that makes you look even more dumber than you proved the last time.. wouldn't you ever learn when to shut up?

December 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
    • Snow

@Rob.. communism and atheism have the same ideology? whatever you are smoking is quite strong, isn't it.. can I have the recipe too?

December 9, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • BRC

I feel it's important to check here that everyone realises that atheism at its core has nothing to do with any political system, or any greater over arching belief. Yes, many communist leaders have pushed atheism as part of their control scheme, bu that is not what atheism is. Atheis is the thought that there are no gods. That's it. That's all. Anything beyong that is brought in by an individual, and has nothing to do with atheism. Sorry to interupt with logic, you may now go back to whatever it is you were saying.

December 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
    • captain america

You morons should familiarize yourselves with the communist manifesto by karl marx , It is right up front, at the beginning of the book. Communist = atheist. Know your enemies.

December 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
    • BRC

@CA
      All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.
      All communists may be atheists (doubt it), but not all atheists are communists.

December 9, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
    • Snow

Too much logic BRC.. you need to use smaller words if you want "certain" people here to understand it

December 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
    • fred

BRC
      I continue to be puzzled how an atheist assigns meaning to existence if the assumption is that there is no future existence for the atheist. I believe in God so my time line is not the same as an atheist. In otherwords what happens here has affect. You are a loving person then die and maintain that BRC no longer exists as far as BRC is concerned. Looking only at yourself there is no BRC and there never was. You may want to tansfer your meaningful existence onto say your child. When that child dies all is meaningless. In the event you have done something really significant with your life at some point an end is reached where the last effect of your existence is known. At that point the entire line or trace of your meaningfull existence becomes meaningless.
      Atheiist say that is why man makes up "God" or "needs an alternate time line". Why do atheists then need to justify their existence?

December 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • BRC

banana is fruit
      atheist is not communist

That's as basic as I can make it.

December 9, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
    • fred

BRC
      A square shows both the properties of rhombus and rectangle simultaneously.
      Stalin was a communist and an atheist

December 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • BRC

@fred,
      Simple, not every life has meaning. Some people accomplish great things, and they have an effect on their town, their nation, the world, or humanity at large for days, weeks, years, or generations. Other live and die quietly and never even make as much impact as a sever thundersorm. That's life. To me, that's just the way it is. It is motivation to try hard, and to do all that you can to make the world around you better, but in the end if all that happens is I live my life without failing the people I care about, then I'll call that a win. I don't need an afterlife, and I really don't expect one. Why is that so hard for people to accept?

December 9, 2011 at 4:25 pm |
    • BRC

@fred,
      A square is a rhombus BECAUSE it is a square (because it has two sets of parrallel sides.

It is impossible to make statements of such certainty about people, but at best you can say that :
      Stalin was an atheist BECAUSE he was a communist.

You cannot by deffinition say:
      Stalin was a communist BECAUSE he was an atheist.
      That's not how it works

December 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
    • bob

Some of the worst genocide was by the atheistic communists, call them fruits, bananas whateva. The fact remains!

December 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • gupsphoo

Morons who claim that Hitler was an atheist make me laugh. They never bother to read "Mein Kampf", or they do but claim that Hitler "secretly" admitted he was an atheist. LOL!!!!

December 9, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
    • Chuckles

@BRC et al

I don't know how BRC see here can make it anymore clearer. Atheism and Communism are not the same thing, one uses the other as a means, but they aren't equal. You can't use the transitive property to claim that all atheists are communists, or for that matter all communists are atheists (though thats sort of part of it). It's the same as saying, All people in the IRA are catholic, thus all catholics are part of the IRA.... ya dig?

December 9, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • bob

ya dig the term-atheistic communist?

December 9, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • fred

BRC
      It is hard to accept because our entire lives we observe the sun rise and sun set. That is all we know. We do not know anything outside those boundaries. We can talk about the sun burning out some day but that has no relevance. We observe winter, spring, summer and the life cycle in nature. Meaning is in continuance. Evolution may show that in time most if not all species die off yet never a complete ending of an evolving life cycle. Even there we see ourselves as the surviving species and think a better form would come from us.
      There are only two assumptions, something is outside those boundaries or something is not. The vast majority of the world hopes or puts something outside those boundaries and has done so since the beginning of modern man. It is necessary in hard situations to have hope (real or not), a drive into new territory. Survival rates are greater for those with hope than those who are hopeless.
      It is little wonder that to assume a non existence for an individuals’ being is a hard thing to understand.

December 9, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
    • AtheismTV

@Captain America: Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, Gaddafi, Castro, Lenin, what did they all have in common? They all had a moustache.

All moustache-wearers inspired aggression, (wars) were the direct result of moustaches. The person most commonly associated with causing World War II was wearing the moustache. For a minority, moustache have been responsible for the slaughter of billions of people in wars and pogroms throughout history. moustaches have proved to be the most desperate and bloodthirsty single group of human beings the world has ever seen. Is your lie intended to reeducate the masses comrade?

December 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
    • BRC

@bob,
      Sure, how do you feel about Christian Imperialist? You know, the people from all the major nations in Europe who spent hundreds of years subjugating native peoples and spreading violence and disease in the name of "God and Country", and to spread the good word?

December 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
    • Chuckles

@bob

yes, there are atheist communist. What of it? There are catholic terrorists, muslim terrorists, jewish carpenters, methodist prost.itues, etc.... You're using a descriptor that doesn't apply to the group as a whole but to specific people or a subset of the group that doesn't represent the group as a whole. The only time it's really possible to make an over arching statement about a group of people, like atheists, christians, muslims, etc.. is to use the doctrine that they ascribe to. Since the only "doctrine" that atheists ascribe to is that there is disbelief in god, you can't really say anything else about them without it being baseless opinion. Capiche?

December 9, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
    • Bob

You don't represent my America, nor do you deserve your claimed rank. I hereby demote you now to sh!teater lowest class.

General Bob

December 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • bob

u can blame all u want on that unkempt hair around the upper lip. the fact still remains they all are atheistic communists!

December 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • bob

Unless u know hitler personally, his religion is under speculation..

December 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • Chuckles

@fred

You throw around philisophocal thoughts as if they are facts and then build off them not realizing your premis is made on a very very shakey house of cards. First of all, know that evolution never says that a species evolved from a past species is "better" nor do we know what the future of humanity will look like, we just know that our bodies over long periods of time will change to something else that is better adapted to survival. Second, it's possible to still have hopes, aspirations, insane wants without the baggage of religion.

December 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • Bob

Most things puzzle fred. However, he did admit recently, after a lot of tooth pulling, that the god he worships is actually an unfair ass-hole. Unfortunately, he hasn't progressed much past that admission yet. We'll keep working at him.

So fred, what animal was it today? Lots of blood on the altar? Nice and smokey? You don't want your ass-hole in the sky to be disappointed with your sacrifice.

December 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • Chuckles

@Bob

Why does his religion matter? He says he was a catholic so we take him at his word, however if tomorrow we find something that says he's an atheist, guess how much of the gruesome acts he did will be reversed? None! Hitler was a pretty bad dude and made his mark on the world representing white people (Aryians specifically), not just a specific religion or lack there. Not all white people are like hitler, not all catholics are like hitler, not all atheists are like stalin. You can keep making speculation on hitlers beliefs but that has no bearing on the group of people as a whole, atheist or catholic.

December 9, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
    • GodPot

I think what fred is trying to say is that if you don't have an everliving soul that continues on after death, like for example, the dinasaurs, then your existence is meaningless if you are unable to continue your line and go extinct. So, by that logic, nothing that has ever lived on this planet that is now extinct served any purpose or had any reason for existing in the first place. That does indeed give quite the window to the Christian "soul" doesn't it. Life has no meaning without thinking you have an immortal soul inside you somewhere that leaks out into the universe after death...

December 9, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • fred

Chuckles
      You just said "we just know that our bodies over long periods of time will change to something else that is better adapted to survival" . Ok, that is my point "we just know". This is why we need "god" or "an alternate time line" because we just know something better / a continuation must be. This is why it is hard for the vast majority of people to understand the atheist concept of pending non existence.

December 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • GodPot

@fred – "the vast majority of people to understand the atheist concept of pending non existence."

No, the vast majority of people are to self centered and egotistical to admit the universe was not built for them and that they do not get to enjoy existence forever and ever and ever. Not even our sun has that privilege, yes a very long life span, but it, along with everything else we have ever seen or come in contact with, has an expiration date. Except for the imaginary sky fairys and our intangible supposedly immortal souls.

December 9, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • fred

GodPot
      The vast majority over all known written history sense for whatever reason we are not headed for non existence. You can speak about the sun going dark but as you say not in your lifetime. In other words you are in denial that life all around you reflects continuance. Are you going to die this instant, this hour , this week……….you may say yes but your heart and your core being acts as if not me not yet.
      You say nothing and darkness await and I say Jesus has built a new home for me. These two positions have nothing in common yet our demise has everything in common. These are not mutually exclusive events and it is nonsense to be in denial that they are.

December 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
    • Jon Perry

There are buddhist communists, catholic communists, christian communists, atheist communists, and MUSLIM communists.

Communism is an economic political system. That's why there are communists of every religion. You are so messed up it's just sad.

December 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Boy oh boy Bob. You probably ate a lot of soap when you're parents tried to raise you. To think that you eat with that mouth too.

I'm praying for you BOB.

December 9, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
    • fred

HeavenSent
      Bob and bob have split personalities. There was only one when I prayed for Bob. We are making progress.

December 9, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
    • fred

Bob
      Because God so loved the world he gave his only son that whoever believes on him has everlasting life.
      This is why there is no further animal sacrafice necessary; Christ gave his life for you as the perfect sacrafice, Christ rose again and sits at the right hand of the Father. Always remember the difference between the two criminals that hung on both sides of Christ. One will be in paradise because he simply believed in Jesus. That's all , simple enough for me yet wonderful enough for any that would call upon His Holy Name.
      Imagine that Bob simple call on Jesus. No fancy words. "Jesus I don't get this religion thing and don't think I need anything you have to offer, help me understand"

December 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm |
    • Mildred the Mouth

Fred is really afraid of death. And because of that, he has to comfort himself with delusions, for which there is no evidence. No one has ever come back from the dead. Just because there ain't no Santy Claus does not mean life has no "meaning". It has whatever meaning you decide to find in it, if you NEED to think in those terms. When you are dead, you are dead. Stone cold dead. Live life to the max, Freddy, cause when you are dead, you are dead.

December 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
    • fred

Mildred
      “Fred is really afraid of death.”
      =>Actually, those I have watched pass before me were looking forward to that hope, that promised land we have read, talked and prayed about for years. Joy awaits us in Jesus.
      “ he has to comfort himself with delusions”
      =>Yes, it is great comfort. Spend some time visiting people near death that have no family. It all seems very real, or if not, there is no downside. I guess I could be on Wall Street, clanging the bell at day’s close, watching manipulated stock values bounce up and down. No delusion there for a materialist.
      “for which there is no evidence.”
      => Put your evidence on a scale and my evidence on a scale we can argue unto death if it is the evidence or the scale that is wrong.
      “Just because there ain't no Santy Claus does not mean life has no "meaning"
      =>Now, that I always find interesting that someone cannot in their heart know there is difference between Santa and Jesus. I once thought you guys were just jerking my chain then I find out most really cannot tell the difference.
      “ Live life to the max, Freddy, cause when you are dead, you are dead”
      =>Now there is something I cannot understand. If there is no existence after this life what is the value of living to the max or to the lax. If you cease to exist all that you were, are or did will cease to exist. I understand some think a residual value left behind for others is somehow of value. It is not and cannot be of value to the dead and that is what you are talking about. You have a general confusion between life and death. Do you not understand that Stalin attempted to instill this same confusion on his people. Get the focus off God and onto self, materialism and state so that the people can be controlled and erased without uprising. If death has no meaning life has no meaning they are tied as you cannot have one without the other. Yes, you choose Stalin and I will choose Jesus. My delusion is more value than the reality of atheism.

December 9, 2011 at 9:53 pm |
    • HeavenSent

What is this complaint of wars with you kids? Are you 2 star generals? Have you even been in the military? Forget that, you're still opening your parents fridge and stuffing your face. I have no idea what any of you are complaining about except that you've never been in the military. For if you were, you'd never post what you're posting!

December 9, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
    • Mildred the Mouth

Freddy,
      Thanks for proving my point. Sorry your life is meaninless without the delusions. No one said it was going to be easy to face facts. Obviously, you are unable. Pity.

December 9, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
  17. Lulz

i think an atheist group should do the same thing with their literature. it would look something like this: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IDK

December 9, 2011 at 11:49 am |
    • What's wrong with this picture ?

No. It would look like this : – – – – – – – – – -.
      Why not instead hang up a "concordance", of the 4 gospels, so they can see all the discrepancies and contradictions between them ?

December 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
    • JA

I know there are discrepancies especially with numbers and consensus, but the contradictions are just a misunderstanding by the reader. Translating numbers from Hebrew is very difficult.

December 9, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
    • I_get _it

December 9, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
    • JA

He's also a mastermind of sarcasm.

December 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Actually, the Kenites use the atheist fools as tools jumping through hoops to do their biding.

Stroke, stroke, stroke that ego.

December 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
    • News Flash

Sorry JA. When you decide to get an education in the nnnt, you will learn about all the contradictions, and they have nothing to do with translating Hebrew, (which is not the language it was written in, anyway).

December 9, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I_get _it, you posted "Bummer that "God" only speaks ancient Hebrew... and later I guess he learned a bit of Greek and Aramaic."

Question: If your professors took a different stance in class pertaining to the Bible, had you hurdling through those hoops to get your gold stars or ace the class bringing you up to a 4.0 to comprehend said scriptures, the Bible wouldn't be an issue. But, because the can't do but teach professors took the stance for you to hate Jesus, you all aced your course. Talk about being conditioned. You folks complain about Christian conditioning and you are the once that got conditioned. None of this hatred for God is your own. You learned it.

Too easy.

December 9, 2011 at 11:07 pm |
    • I_get _it

Heaven Sent - "You folks complain about Christian conditioning and you are the once that got conditioned. None of this hatred for God is your own."

Cradle Catholic here, with 12 years of Catholic school, where I was an outstanding student of religion - conditioned to beat the band. It took about another 20 years of thought, study, discussion, and yes, even trying prayer, to finally drop those beliefs.

I do not hate "God" any more than you hate Thor.

December 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Lulz..looks like the same answer we get from you when asking for proof of god.. You have the answers you seek in evolution, and science. tradition has taught you , most likely from a young age, to believe what you parents did regardless and as long as you did not ask questions it made sense. I think you are finding it harder and harder to misunderstand the evidence that is pointing, and has done for decades, toward a world that is, and has always been, godless except in the minds of men.

December 10, 2011 at 12:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

I_get _it, so easy to drop out and not following through on anything in life.

You can chalk your decision to leave Jesus' teachings behind due to peer pressure, not trusting your own heart but paying attention to the ways of the world for you to fit in.

Too easy.

December 10, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
  18. Reality

After a thorough review of the OT/Torah and NT by many contemporary scholars, said bible has been reduced significantly in size after one removes all the myths and embellishments.

Stating with the Torah:

e.g. origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482 NY Times review and important enough to reiterate.

New Torah For Modern Minds

“Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions - the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years - have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity - until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine doc-ument.

The notion that the Bible is not literally true "is more or less settled and understood among most Conservative rabbis," observed David Wolpe, a rabbi at Sinai Temple in Los Angeles and a contributor to "Etz Hayim." But some congregants, he said, "may not like the stark airing of it." Last Passover, in a sermon to 2,200 congregants at his synagogue, Rabbi Wolpe frankly said that "virtually every modern archaeologist" agrees "that the way the Bible describes the Exodus is not the way that it happened, if it happened at all." The rabbi offered what he called a "LITANY OF DISILLUSION”' about the narrative, including contradictions, improbabilities, chronological lapses and the absence of corroborating evidence. In fact, he said, archaeologists digging in the Sinai have "found no trace of the tribes of Israel - not one shard of pottery."

The NT in the 21st century:

An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Ludemann, Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% or less of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.

December 9, 2011 at 11:47 am |
    • .........

intelligent response
      hit report abuse on all reality bull sh it

December 9, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
    • Bob

Thanks Reality for another great post. Keep it up please.

December 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Reality. Do you have any other post in that bag of tricks of yours? We've seen this same post for how many articles?

December 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
  19. claybigsby

what a joke.

December 9, 2011 at 11:42 am |
  20. Jack

Doug-That was one cooooool iReport

December 9, 2011 at 10:59 am |