home
RSS
On California coast, atheists nudge out Nativity scenes
A creche stands in Santa Monica, California, where atheists have legally occupied space normally used for Nativity scenes.
December 22nd, 2011

On California coast, atheists nudge out Nativity scenes

By Michael Martinez and Zohreen Adamjee, CNN

Los Angeles (CNN) - Every Christmas for the past 60 years, Nativity scenes have dominated two blocks of a park on bluffs overlooking the ocean in Santa Monica, California.

The 14 scenes depicting Jesus Christ's birth have long been a popular attraction among area residents and tourists to the southern California city.

This year, however, atheists have taken over most of the two-block stretch, nearly shutting out and angering a group of churches who contend the atheists have organized against the Christians and gamed a city lottery process allocating the holiday exhibit space.

In response, a leader of the atheist group says he's just looking for evenhanded treatment to present his beliefs in a public space - and goes so far as to say that the city shouldn't even be allowing any religious or even atheist expression in the park.

Read the full story here
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Atheism • Christmas

1. Anon626

Christians are celebrating mythilogical events during the Pagan Winter Solistice when they celebrate christmas anyways. All you christians out there, remember THIS:

-Christmas trees are actually Pagan trees, used to celebrate the Winter Solstice and they represent fertility.
    -Holly, mistletoe, all that – used the Pagan celebration of the winter solstice
    -The "modern" image of santa claus was created by Coca-Cola. He used to be a skinny old man named Old Man Christmas or Old Man winter

Christmas was overlaid on the dates of the Winter Solstice in effort for the Roman emporors to convert the masses from Paganism to Christianity.

When you celebrate Christmas, it's essentially celebrating the genocide of a religion – Paganism. Us Pagans don't appreciate it that much.

Then YOU CHRISTIANS get all bent out of shape when someone comes along and ruins your unfounded, mythological propoganda. So sorry for you....

December 23, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • hippypoet

Celebrating in Hell is no mythological event which you will come to learn.

December 23, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • Anon626

OH yes. There are 0 references to Christmas in the bible.

AND, when the Puritans came to America in the 1600s, they were doing so to escape religious persecution BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE IN CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS and other pagan-based holidays like Halloween AND EASTER.

And here we are again. My, how we've matured, America.

You Christians keep your whining up...

December 23, 2011 at 10:42 am |
    • Anon626

PS...and yes I want Satan hot poker up my tight ass.

December 23, 2011 at 10:44 am |
    • Anon626

@hippypoet – The idea of hell in Christianity wasn't introduced until the 17th century, when the church declared that if the followers didn't pay their tax to repent their sins, that they would go to hell. Before that, hell was rarely mentioned in the church.

OR, you can argue the use of the 2000 year old book that's been translated 978341298374214 times (not once by YOU for verification btw) to tell me what the concept of HELL is about and how it works. Let me hear, my friend..

December 23, 2011 at 10:44 am |
    • hippypoet

Shut up Anon. You Nig ger lover.

December 23, 2011 at 10:46 am |
    • Sam Yaza

Get um

And yeah the winter solstice is only the Pagan New years, it really isn’t the most important holyday hollows eve is

December 23, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • Steve

Nope we get bent out of shape when people try to censor us.

December 25, 2011 at 12:45 am |
  2. Atheists=Grinch

Christmas Message is Love, Joy and Peace to all! 🙂

your message is no, No & NO, can you get any more negative with your message? NO 🙁 grow up kiddos!

🙂 Merry Christmas y'all 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 9:34 am |
    • (C)huckles

Well I think it should be a crime to use that many emoticons in a single post.

December 23, 2011 at 9:37 am |
    • חג מולד שמח

Chuckie-Happy Hanukkah don't forget to celebrate Christmas!!!
      Shalom 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
    • Mayor of Hooville

If you think we're all grinches, why bother telling us to have a merry chrismas?
      If you think we're all the same just kill us off like any other bigot would do, that's a good fellow.

December 23, 2011 at 9:46 am |
    • (C)huckles

@חג מולד שמח

Thanks! An a happy hanukkah to you as well! I can't wait for Sunday, when all the christians (even the most secular ones) are doing their tree/mass/breakfast whatever the heck it is you goyim do during christmas morning while I get to roam free around town and enjoy a day where it feels like the earth isn't nearly as crowded. This year will be especially nice because I've been couped up in a city for so long, I can't wait for some peace and quiet.....and chinese food.

December 23, 2011 at 9:50 am |
    • tallulah13

@Atheists=Grinch

I guess by grinch you mean someone who won't let you do whatever you want. I'm sorry that you think that the rights of non-christian Americans are less important than your wish to put a special diorama of your personal belief on public property. That's the bummer about a society based on equality, isn't it? Darn that separation of church and state, making you keep your displays of personal faith on private property.

December 23, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  3. really?

did anyone every look at the nativity scene, I mean really look at it an compare it to the Bible.....it is all wrong. The start led them to King Herod NOT Jesus, Herod sent out the "Wise Men" to find the child and to report back to him where he is. They didn't they found the child, when he was a TODLER, and gave him gifts at that time. WHen the wise men did not return to Herod he had all children killed 2 and under. That is when Joseph and Mary fled to Egypt.

December 23, 2011 at 9:14 am |
    • warmesTghosT

Christians aren't big on getting their facts straight.

December 23, 2011 at 9:47 am |
  4. SkekLach

This story really makes me sad. As an Atheist who has seen his fair share of bigotry and criticism for believing as I do, I really wonder why others are so eager to continue that cycle? How can a person who has felt prosecution from society for their beliefs believe it right to do that to others as well?

To place a billboard reaching out to those who are "closet atheists" and such, I can support and understand. To go out of your way to prevent religious groups from displaying their beliefs and celebrating holidays sacred to them isn't simply fighting for our rights as Atheists though, it's fighting to deny others a venue for theirs. It's disgusting.

A quote comes to mind on the subject – "I disapprove of what
    you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

December 23, 2011 at 8:50 am |
    • SkekLach

*persecution, *persecuted – My brain isn't running at maximum capacity yet today

December 23, 2011 at 8:52 am |
    • Eric G

Very well said. You have at least one Atheist who agrees with you.

Happy Holidays!

December 23, 2011 at 8:55 am |
    • Freeman

They aren't denying anyone the right, so you're wrong about that. And your whole argument falls apart as a result.

December 23, 2011 at 9:26 am |
    • SkekLach

@Eric – Happy Holidays to you as well!

@Freeman – They are occupying the space that has been used for years to depict the scenes of Jesus's birth with the sole intent of preventing them from displaying those scenes. They aren't denying them the right, persay, but they most certainly are denying them the ability. I don't find that to be any less disgusting. If the Atheists actually had a reason to use those allocated spaces, I would understand, but swiping them up with the expressed purpose of denying them to Christians wishing to express their beliefs related to Christmas is sleazy.
      You can state it as being whatever you choose, but it's not something that this Atheist can support. Everyone deserves a venue and a chance to practice and proclaim whatever their beliefs may be as long as they aren't harming anyone and working towards the end goal of taking that venue and chance away is narrow-minded discrimination.

December 23, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • Freeman

They have no right to illegal postings on government property. That's the point.

Just because some criminal has gotten away with it for years is no reason to let the crime continue.

Why are they insisting on using government property? Because they know it's wrong.

They know it's illegal and just want to keep doing it. Those atheists (and believers) are helping to curb these crimes by protecting government property from the criminal Christians who want to violate the law.

They are not violating anyone's right.
      Nobody's stopping the Christians from putting up a billion displays on private property if they want.

This is about government property.
      That local government let this happen because they didn't have the guts to face the criminals down.
      Just giving them a chance by lottery does not make it any more equal or right and it does not make it any more legal.

Those Christians should have their nativity scenes confiscated and destroyed simply for being abandoned property on public land.

And if you want to have a live nativity scene to get around that, those "curfew laws" created by Christians will bite you all on the ass and get you arrested just like all those "occupy" protesters.
      That would be funny, wouldn't it? 😀

December 23, 2011 at 10:04 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

"It’s really a simple answer: the law regulates a park as a traditional public forum, and we’re trying to do that.”
      (Mrs. Stinchfield, the director of community services for the city of Santa Barbara)

Is she wrong?

December 23, 2011 at 10:10 am |
    • tallulah13

I fail to see how this is preventing anyone from celebrating anything. This is simply removing a personal display from public property. No one is preventing the display from being placed on private property. The park is for all citizens, not just christians.

December 23, 2011 at 10:17 am |
    • Freeman

Yes. It's only a public forum when there are people using it for speech themselves. You can stand there as long as you like but the park closes. Having designated plots for specifically religious displays is illegal. And why can't you use private property?
      Why insist on using public property? If there was anything to show criminal intent it would be the insistence for preferential treatment by the government on behalf of any religion. To make a law that spells out a way of doing this at random in no way changes the fact that it is preferential treatment. The local government is just trying to make money off this criminal behavior because they want to avoid any court battles. That's no way to run things. That's just giving in to criminals because you don't want to fight them in court and making a buck at the same time. Profit for them, but it violates the law. Yes, she is wrong about how they are going about it. Free speech doesn't mean unlimited speech. Same with religious expression. There are limits.
      Don't like following the law? Too bad. A long-standing crime is still a crime.
      See how easy that was, Lycidas? Too bad you can't do it. And you're such a clever fellow. Sad how these things turn out.

December 23, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • Anon626

I tend to agree with you here, BUT...

Let's not forget what another commenter posted: Didn't the church get the space for 50+ years without the atheists saying/doing anything about it? So they want one year; is that such a big deal?

December 23, 2011 at 10:51 am |
    • Lycidas

"Having designated plots for specifically religious displays is illegal. And why can't you use private property?"

Since Freeman seems to miss this moniker.
      1. No one has shown that it is illegal in a courtroom have they? Meaning, has anyone taken Santa Barbara to court over this?
      2. They can use private property. The atheists can use private property. But that is rather irrelevant to the issue of whether or not anyone can use the park in question.

December 23, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • Freeman

Two swings and two misses. Like I said, it's just sad that you can't do it, Lycidas. You are like a person who chooses hell because you hate someone who is going to heaven and you don't want to share heaven with them. Very sad.

December 23, 2011 at 11:03 am |
    • SeanNJ

As much as I don't care about this...

"Having designated plots for specifically religious displays is illegal."

It's not. Designating plots for SPECIFIC religious displays WHILE EXCLUDING ALL OTHERS would be illegal. It seems, up until this year, no one else gave a rat's ass about what the displays were.

If atheist groups or any other religious groups wanted to use them, they just had to apply. They did, they were granted the space, end of story.

The only reason it's a story is because it the groups who put up the nativity scenes are feeling ent.itled and the atheist groups look petty. I tend to agree because I think there are more important places to take a stand. This is low-hanging fruit here, and I would rather the non-religious displays be more festive, regardless of the holiday they purport to be celebrating.

December 23, 2011 at 11:09 am |
    • Lycidas

"You are like a person who chooses hell because you hate someone who is going to heaven and you don't want to share heaven with them. Very sad."

What are you blabbering about? I never said that anyone can't use the park now have I?
      Please quit guessing...you are not very good at it my dear Mycroft.

December 23, 2011 at 11:12 am |
    • Lycidas

@SeanNJ- well said.

December 23, 2011 at 11:13 am |
    • SkekLach

@SeanNJ – Precisely. I just hate that it does make us look petty over something that most of us really don't care about.
      @Freeman – you have no room to talk about someone "choosing hell because they don't like someone going to heaven". This entire time, you've seemed as though your only stake in this was having some kind of hatred for Christians.

December 23, 2011 at 11:23 am |
    • Freeman

Skeklach, when you have an intelligent argument I'll take a look at it.

Lycidas, you are either Skeklach or Sean or both. Nobody else is this stupid while trying to be clever. Looks like you again, bud. Don't you realize that you give yourself away by taking insane positions while pretending to be someone you aren't?
      Nobody here but you talking to me as far as I'm concerned. That makes you pretty desperate and pathetic from where I stand.
      How many times do you have to lose before you'll admit it to yourself? Never, right? Yeah, I can tell. lol

December 23, 2011 at 11:36 am |
    • (C)huckles

Wow....Freeman.... hate much?

I mean Jesus H. Muhammed you got a lot of rage, you might want to tone it down on the friendly fire. In this case, sure it's a win, but it doesn't exactly hit them where it hurts so why is this really important? Also, you might want to tone it down on the whole "no True Scotsman" stuff, considering that's a pretty big canon in our ar.senal, the last thing we want is for it to be turned against us.....

December 23, 2011 at 11:44 am |
    • Lycidas

"Lycidas, you are either Skeklach or Sean or both."

Or neither of them...haha. Another fail on your long list of fails.

December 23, 2011 at 11:45 am |
    • Freeman

Just sayin some people have different priorities and different levels of tolerance. Don't be paintin me with tons of hate!
      If anyone wants to give up their rights without a fight, then go ahead and hide under your porch with the other skunks.
      But I hate me some criminals! Yessir! Gonna hate on them! You wanna let them violate your rights and my rights? Then f** you.

December 23, 2011 at 11:49 am |
    • Lycidas

It seems that if you feel that way, the courts would be a better venue for your hate...umm, intense passion for the subject than the CNN comment boards.

December 23, 2011 at 11:54 am |
    • SeanNJ

@Freeman: You said, "Sean, this is NOT low-hanging fruit. This is as vital as any other crime scene. So, fuuck you for being a fake atheist who keeps denigrating real efforts to fight these crimes while avoiding saying anything else, like what you think "better fruit" would be."

Better Fruit
      ----–
      That awful "personhood" amendment that thankfully failed in Mississippi, but is still going to be proposed in just about every state.
      School boards that are still attempting to have creationism taught in science classes as a viable alternative to evolutionary theory.
      Overturning the Defense of Marriage Act, and lobbying the states to let the LGBT community exercise their right to be just as miserable as the rest of us.
      Getting rid of religious exemptions that allow parents to deny proper medical care to their children.

You also said, "I think that shows you are just talking BS and pretending to be an atheist. No other atheist I have ever seen would ever say that leaving these violations of our laws to continue is the thing to do. You're the only one beyond "SkekLach" and Lycidas. How about that? So f** you, Sean. I mean that."

I've provided my "better fruit" for you. As for the rest, I'll let your statements stand as they are. There's nothing I can add to make you look more ridiculous than you've already done for yourself.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Diwali.

December 23, 2011 at 11:59 am |
    • SkekLach

@Freeman – What are you talking about? You commented on my argument. This whole part here leads back to it. Don't go criticizing the intellectual bread and butter of anyone's arguments when the brux of yours is "F you for not believing what I do!" and "you're not really an atheist/yourself if you don't agree with my views"
      I don't see how my rights of that of fellow Atheists are being challenged here. Nobody has said it's illegal for them to occupy those spaces, just that it is mean-spirited and portrays us negatively.
      Some of us Atheists believe that everyone has the right to publicly proclaim and display their faith, not just us, and we don't feel offended by them doing so. A thousand years ago, persons of our beliefs were would have been met with violence and death. That is the road that religious intolerance of any kind leads to when it prevails. So I stand against it and I do feel like this act is being done out of religious intolerance. I would no sooner wish that Christians be outcasted for their faith than that I see the same fate for my lack thereof. Grow up and realize that everyone has a right to express their beliefs how they see fit, even if you don't share them.

December 23, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
    • Steve

Thank you for this. I'm Christian and I don't want to censor aethiests or anyone else. I don't like it when people do it to me as well.

December 25, 2011 at 12:46 am |
  5. Lori

I never understand these stories, why we can't all play nice TOGETHER and respect each other's beliefs. When did we become so divided, very sad. I have no issue with friends who have other beliefs, we find common ground and enjoy each other's company.

December 23, 2011 at 7:45 am |
  6. Uncouth Swain

Lesson learned...next year the Christian groups will flood the lottery themselves.

December 23, 2011 at 5:55 am |
    • Freeman

Ha ha ha ha! You sound like such a baby. "We're gonna do the same thing back to them next year!" LOL

December 23, 2011 at 6:47 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

So if they use the same tactics as the atheists....they are babies? Therefor the atheists in this story are also babies for using the tactic to begin with. Thank you Freeman. 😉
      Oh..and be careful on the fallacies. Or perhaps you are just itching to make this more of a personal attack eh?

December 23, 2011 at 6:51 am |
    • Freeman

Aww, poor kid. Thinks he says stuff worth reading. Some people never learn.

December 23, 2011 at 6:55 am |

Case in point: Freeman

December 23, 2011 at 8:50 am |

😀

December 23, 2011 at 9:15 am |
  7. Freeman

More whining by Christians who don't like being stopped from their criminal religious behavior. Criminals.

December 23, 2011 at 5:52 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Hmmm, legally approved behavior is criminal now?

December 23, 2011 at 5:55 am |
    • Freeman

Funny, I thought I heard something. Oh, well.

December 23, 2011 at 6:46 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Considering it's a comment board..that's impressive.

December 23, 2011 at 6:53 am |
    • TruthPrevails

not unlike the Salem Witch Hunts or crusades or any of the other crimes committed in the name of religion and btw: Hitler was a christard...those guys did nothing in the name of Atheism...it was marxism in most cases. Maybe a little bit of an education before you spew stupidity would do you good.
      Maybe this will shut you up:
      *As soon as Christianity was legal, more and more pagan temples
      were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
      *Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to
      convert to Christianity, beheaded.
      *First Crusade 1095 on command of pope Urban II.
      *Already in 385 C.E. the first Christians, the Spanish Priscillianus
      and six followers, were beheaded for heresy in Trier/Germany.
      *in the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars
      several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or
      hanged.
      *Already in the 4th and 5th centuries synagogues were burned by
      Christians. Number of Jews slain unknown.
      *Beginning with Columbus (a former slave trader and would-be Holy
      Crusader) the conquest of the New World began, as usual understood as
      a means to propagate Christianity.
      *Within hours of landfall on the first inhabited island he encountered
      in the Caribbean, Columbus seized and carried off six native people
      who, he said, "ought to be good servants ... [and] would easily be
      made Christians, because it seemed to me that they belonged to no
      religion."
      *Catholic extermination camps

Surpisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II
      were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years
      1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by
      Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveliç, a practising
      Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even
      concentration camps exclusively for children!

In these camps – the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a

*Catholic terror in Vietnam
      In 1954 Vietnamese freedom fighters – the Viet Minh – had finally
      defeated the French colonial government in North Vietnam, which by
      then had been supported by U.S. funds amounting to more than $2
      billion. Although the victorious assured religious freedom to all
      (most non-buddhist Vietnamese were Catholics), due to huge
      anticommunist propaganda campaigns many Catholics fled to the South.
      With the help of Catholic lobbies in Washington and Cardinal Spellman,
      the Vatican's spokesman in U.S. politics, who later on would call the
      U.S. forces in Vietnam "Soldiers of Christ", a scheme was concocted to
      prevent democratic elections which could have brought the communist
      Viet Minh to power in the South as well, and the fanatic Catholic Ngo
      Dinh Diem was made president of South Vietnam. [MW16ff]

Diem saw to it that U.S. aid, food, technical and general assistance
      was given to Catholics alone, Buddhist individuals and villages were
      ignored or had to pay for the food aids which were given to Catholics
      for free. The only religious denomination to be supported was Roman
      Catholicism.

The Vietnamese McCarthyism turned even more vicious than its American
      counterpart. By 1956 Diem promulgated a presidential order which read

"Individuals considered dangerous to the national defense and common
      security may be confined by executive order, to a concentration camp."

December 23, 2011 at 6:55 am |

oops, wrong thread...sorry

December 23, 2011 at 6:57 am |
    • captain america

"truth"prevails is a canadian who frequently tries to infect America with their canadian disease. Be warned canadian opinion will never prevail on American soil. Mind your own f'n business. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 6:59 am |
  8. HeavenSent

I'll bet when you atheists were kids, you were the first to run to that decorated tree to rip open your gifts.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

December 23, 2011 at 4:28 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Actually Heavensent, even kids raised in secular families still go running to the tree...it's part of the thrill of being a child and why would anyone wish that taken away from them over the lack of belief is an unknown deity? I understand that you don't see it as an unknown but your statement not only attacks Atheists but in this case it also attacks innocent children and that alone is just wrong.
      Have a very Merry Christmyth.

December 23, 2011 at 4:39 am |
    • .....

....which has nothing to do with jesus.

December 23, 2011 at 4:57 am |
    • Mirosal

HS, they are right. When you were a child and your mother (or whatever being claimed you as offspring) bought you something, your first thought was NOT "This is a gift from 'god'".. no, your thoughts were "Gimme gimme gimme" ... as all kids' thoughts are. How they got under the tree is not a concern for them, just the fact that something is under that tre with their name on it is enough. Besides ... you NEVER EVER need any religious reason at all for putting a smile on a child's face.

December 23, 2011 at 5:03 am |
    • Mirosal

@ Truth .... Merry Christmyth to you and Steve!!! Oh, and if Steve is calling you a 'ho' three times, don't take it personally, ok? lol

December 23, 2011 at 5:05 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Mirosal: From Steve and myself, we wish you a very happy and safe Christmyth.

December 23, 2011 at 5:20 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Ho,Ho, Ho everyone.

Merry Mythmas

December 23, 2011 at 5:25 am |
    • Mirosal

See ... there he goes, calling us ho's lol .. I'm NOT a ho ... I don't charge, I give it away for free 😉 It's not fair, you're up in NB, I'm stuck in NE ... you'll get all the good gifts from the bag, by the time that sleigh comes down here, it's just a bag full of cookie crumbs ans spilt milk!! lol 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 5:46 am |
    • captain america

We can deal with our own atheists, what is particularly unneeded and unwanted is snide remarks from canadian atheists. "trurth "prevails or atheiststeve trying to bring their qu eer canadian agenda into the American house. Screw them. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 6:38 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

This atheist on atheist violence needs to stop.
      Happy holidays.

December 23, 2011 at 6:40 am |
    • AtheistSteve

I suspect heavensent and CA are probably the biggest "Ho's" on this board. That would explain their overwhelming guilt that they feel a need to be forgiven for...lol... Now it's clear why they cling so fervently to their faith. Poor saps.

Merry Mythmas 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 6:45 am |
    • just sayin

tell it to stalin, hitler and pol pot. mass murder brought to the world by atheists for hundreds of centuries.

December 23, 2011 at 6:45 am |
    • captain america

I suspect steve is a f'n canadian who s opinion counts less than dog doo on those folks. screw you steve. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 6:48 am |
    • Mirosal

@ Just Sayin ... you'd better read a little more history. Hitler was raised Catholic. While he later did renounce his Catholic beliefs, he never renounced a faith in 'god'. Listen to his speeches. He even told the German people that 'god' was on their side. And as for Stalin and Pol Pot ... it wasn't atheism. It was politics and power usaed to instill fear into the poeple to do what THEY wanted. Just a nice simple run-of-the-mill tyrannical dictatorship.

December 23, 2011 at 6:54 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@just sayin: this initially posted on the wrong thread, so not wanting you to go away uncorrected, here goes:

Maybe this will shut you up:
      *As soon as Christianity was legal, more and more pagan temples
      were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
      *Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to
      convert to Christianity, beheaded.
      *First Crusade 1095 on command of pope Urban II.
      *Already in 385 C.E. the first Christians, the Spanish Priscillianus
      and six followers, were beheaded for heresy in Trier/Germany.
      *in the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars
      several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or
      hanged.
      *Already in the 4th and 5th centuries synagogues were burned by
      Christians. Number of Jews slain unknown.
      *Beginning with Columbus (a former slave trader and would-be Holy
      Crusader) the conquest of the New World began, as usual understood as
      a means to propagate Christianity.
      *Within hours of landfall on the first inhabited island he encountered
      in the Caribbean, Columbus seized and carried off six native people
      who, he said, "ought to be good servants ... [and] would easily be
      made Christians, because it seemed to me that they belonged to no
      religion."
      *Catholic extermination camps

Surpisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II
      were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years
      1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by
      Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveliç, a practising
      Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even
      concentration camps exclusively for children!

In these camps – the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a

*Catholic terror in Vietnam
      In 1954 Vietnamese freedom fighters – the Viet Minh – had finally
      defeated the French colonial government in North Vietnam, which by
      then had been supported by U.S. funds amounting to more than $2
      billion. Although the victorious assured religious freedom to all
      (most non-buddhist Vietnamese were Catholics), due to huge
      anticommunist propaganda campaigns many Catholics fled to the South.
      With the help of Catholic lobbies in Washington and Cardinal Spellman,
      the Vatican's spokesman in U.S. politics, who later on would call the
      U.S. forces in Vietnam "Soldiers of Christ", a scheme was concocted to
      prevent democratic elections which could have brought the communist
      Viet Minh to power in the South as well, and the fanatic Catholic Ngo
      Dinh Diem was made president of South Vietnam. [MW16ff]

Diem saw to it that U.S. aid, food, technical and general assistance
      was given to Catholics alone, Buddhist individuals and villages were
      ignored or had to pay for the food aids which were given to Catholics
      for free. The only religious denomination to be supported was Roman
      Catholicism.

The Vietnamese McCarthyism turned even more vicious than its American
      counterpart. By 1956 Diem promulgated a presidential order which read

"Individuals considered dangerous to the national defense and common
      security may be confined by executive order, to a concentration camp."

December 23, 2011 at 6:58 am |
    • just sayin

all politicians invoke god, so do a lot of people cussing that doesn't reflect a belief in God . Hitler was and remains an atheist as were the worlds mass murderers over the centuries. study your own history and quit excusing the guilty.

December 23, 2011 at 7:04 am |
    • captain america

"truth"prevails mind your own canadian f'n business. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 7:06 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@just sayin: The facts don't lie idiot!! Hitler was not an Atheist and there is no evidence to the contrary on that. As Mirosal stated he denounced Catholicism but not god. Maybe if you read a book other than your buybull, you'd actually know this but to call a christian an atheist without doing research is ignorance and plain laziness but I expect that of people like you, CA, HeavenSent...it's just too easy to leave the answers up to a book of fiction.

December 23, 2011 at 7:08 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@CA:We are still here and your stupidity and hate are not forcing us away. You are a troll...now go find your bridge you useless US citizen-at least not all US citizens are as ignorant or rude or stupid as you are...they actually appreciate the benefits of our great country to yours. Now do the blog and the world a favor and stfu you delusional freak! I'm not going away, nor is Steve, nor is Doc and I highly doubt AvdBerg (yes, that is another Canadian).

December 23, 2011 at 7:13 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Oh...it seems I've annoyed the rednecks. Happy day 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 7:14 am |
    • Eric G

I live about 20 minutes from Canada and tell everyone that the best place to see Downtown Detroit is to look at it from Downtown Windsor. Love Canada, but Go Wings!

I think what bothers Christians about this time of year is that others have accepted that the holiday season is about tradition, not religion or belief. It is a secular holiday. Christians who try to claim differently fall subject to the "burden of proof" demand that has, as of yet, gone unsatisfied. They need to accept that others have traditions that are just as valid as theirs.

December 23, 2011 at 8:48 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@just sayin- "all politicians invoke god"

Too true. Because you never hear a politician ever say, "The Devil is with us." Or the equivalent of the devil.

December 23, 2011 at 8:53 am |
    • captain america

True history Aug 28,1814 british with their canadian lackeys in a dastardly sneak attack attempted to capture Washington D.C. As the cowardly canadians went about their evil business of looting honest American homes, God himself was preparing to show up. A series of tornados never seen before or since descended upon the area, destroyed many canadians and drove those godless cowardly minions from our capitol. And now a couple of low end canadian atheists want to impose their opinions on US? Pigs will fly before that goes unchallenged. Go screw yourselves 'liarprevails' and company. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 9:13 am |
    • Eric G

@Captain: Well, sort of true....
      The attack on Washington was never meant to be an occupation. It was in retaliation for the US attack on York (now Toronto). This is why only public buildings were destroyed. The tornado killed many more US civilians than British troops.

No evidence of your god.

Sorry, no revisionist history allowed. Play fair or you will be called out on it. Please try harder or stay in the shallow end of the pool while the adults talk.

December 23, 2011 at 9:42 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@CA: wow, you just can't get it through that brainless skull of yours...we are not going away freaktard!! If you don't like seeing us here, maybe you should find a blog that deals with the hate and the past the way you wish you live it. 1814 and what happened then is not relevant to 2011 and our countries have learned to co-operate since then. You have the issue, not us...not get over it and try living in the here and now. Not one person (outside of your boy-toy Keith) agrees with you, so you are wasting your effort and valuable blog space for nothing and making yourself look stupider with every comment.

December 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
    • tallulah13

JustSayin is just another liar for Jesus.

And HS? So what? Christmas is a stolen pagan event anyway. Look up Saturnalia some time.

December 23, 2011 at 10:25 am |
    • captain america

Eric g hope you ain't American, it would be almost impossible to get the taste out of your mouth after kissing so much foreign butt. Check your history a little before running your mouth. Americans wisely ducked the tornado,and the canadians were indeed looting private residences. There's your sign.

December 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
    • captain america

canadians want Americans unaware of the real differences between the nations. 1800's provide a lot of negative examples for canadian conduct, so do the 1900's. Who can forget the great president LBJ and his dealing with butt inski canadian leader lester (the commie) pearson. He held the cannuk off the White house floor and said "you don't come into my living room and pi ss on the rug." A sentiment i share with LBJ towards those canadians trying to influence Americans on these blogs. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@CA: You just don't stop with your idiocy!!! We have done nothing to you and we are your countries closest allies...time to grow up and leave the past little one. No-one here cares what your opinion is anymore than you care what the opinions of us Canadian's is. Get over it moron...we're still here and you're ignorance is not forcing us away. Who really cares (outside of you) what happened in the past? It has no perinence today and the stories your mummi told you are inaccurate goof!

December 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • SeanNJ

@TruthPrevails: Why oh why are you even acknowledging CA? If you would stop responding to the idiocy, he would eventually crawl back under the bridge.

December 23, 2011 at 3:09 pm |
    • Eric G

@Captain: Please forward your reference material for review. I can forward mine if you would like to be educated.

Sorry, I know education is a hard concept for people like you.

December 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • captain america

eric g you should be able to see canada from your house we suspect you are one. By the way which side won the war of 1812? There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
    • captain america

sean New Jersey, my ass you are all canadian . There is no bridge. Standing up for America as LBJ did has no statute of limitations or end. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
    • Remember the Alamo

captain america,

herbie, it's pretty obvious that you are trying to deflect attention by dissing canadians so that your Mexican relatives can take over the U.S.

December 23, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • just wondering

where is herbies post i can't find it?

December 23, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
    • Eric G

@Captain: First, who is "we" exactally? You and your imaginary friends? Second, reference material please......

December 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • captain america

American history, I don't owe some canadian ass kisser the time of day.If you can't find the true historical records that is your stupidity. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

So? What, exactly, does that prove, HS?

Do you imagine you've uncovered some sort of amazing revelation?

What a dweeb.

December 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

@ captain dipsh!t: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

December 23, 2011 at 6:53 pm |
    • onehippypoet

tom tom the pipers son
      stole a pig and
      stuck his lips around it's butt
      so as to make the zzzzzzz sound
      way to go pig breath

December 23, 2011 at 6:58 pm |
  9. the warrioress

This story should help with the atheist repuation for "reasons greetings" and all of that. (lol). How reasonable. Not. They are just being spiteful. Anyone can see this and it's childish.

December 23, 2011 at 3:48 am |
    • ThinkForYourself

Standing up for first amendment rights is childish?

December 23, 2011 at 3:51 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Spiteful? For what exactly? Standing up for the truth is not spiteful!!! What christards do when they threaten us with hell is spiteful and childish!

December 23, 2011 at 4:40 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

"Standing up for the truth is not spiteful"

The truth as they see it.

December 23, 2011 at 5:57 am |
    • captain america

canadians like "truth"prevails do not have amendment rights and are on these sites with intent to see we loose ours. screw them. There's your sign

December 23, 2011 at 6:40 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@uncouth: opposed to what...the truth as the buybull tells it? I prefer to live in the 21st century with updated information than to live according to a book written 2000 years ago. Too bad some people like living in the past!

December 23, 2011 at 7:01 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@TruthPrevails- "the truth as the buybull tells it? I prefer to live in the 21st century with updated information than to live according to a book written 2000 years ago. Too bad some people like living in the past!"

I've never understood why those that want to be taken seriously use such terms. It's called the Bible, why not just use the proper terminology?
      No one, at least not me, is telling you you have to live by the Bible. Though I have to say that the 21st century doesn't seem to have that much going for it anymore than other time periods.
      As for the past....those that forget it..tend to relive it. I know..that was cliche.

December 23, 2011 at 7:06 am |
    • captain america

You live in canada as such your opinion is neither needed or wanted here. Go screw yourself again. There's your sign.

December 23, 2011 at 7:07 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Uncouth: You're right those who forget the past tend to relive it but that wasn't quite my point. It's one thing to leave the past where it is and move forward and it's another thing to live in accordance to what most christians take as the only way to live-in accordance with a book that was written 2000 years ago and has never been updated. As Atheists, we do live good lives and are extremely happy without the need for god. I am in no position to really judge anyone for who they are or what they do in this world and only ask for the same respect. Believers tend to use the threat of hell on non-believers knowing that we don't believe in it...I personally would never wish anything so negative on anyone. I do not agree with religion and do not believe it has a place outside of the church or home but that is my opinion. However when it comes to the updated information as we know it, I believe it is important to educate people. I do feel this world would be a better place if we could all just learn to get a long and work together but I also understand that as humans we do not work that way.
      Have a wonderful Christmas.

December 23, 2011 at 8:01 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@TruthPrevails- "..it's another thing to live in accordance to what most christians take as the only way to live-in accordance with a book that was written 2000 years ago and has never been updated."

I've always hoped that most religious ppl arrive at their belief, not from total blind faith, but from an understanding of their faith...where it comes from and the theology behind it. True, some don't do that and believe blindly but of course religious ppl aren't the only ones guilty of that.

"As Atheists, we do live good lives and are extremely happy without the need for god. I am in no position to really judge anyone for who they are or what they do in this world and only ask for the same respect."

I agree. Being happy or content with one's life does not require an organized religion to be included. I also like your att_itude on respect. The world would be better if everyone just let others believe what they want. Heck, Jesus even taught that.

You have a good Christmas as well.

December 23, 2011 at 9:01 am |
    • Freeman

Lycidas: "Oh thank you for talking to me! And bless you! Let me kiss your ass! Muah, muah, muah!"
      LOL 😀

December 23, 2011 at 9:14 am |
    • tallulah13

Awwww. Poor baby. Stupid atheists, not letting you ride roughshod over their rights.

December 23, 2011 at 10:26 am |
  10. The Central Srutinizer

Here is my pre-Nativity scene:

The "previously" virgin Mary having extra-marital intercourse with a sheep-herder just as Joseph walks in (early from work). Mary! Mother of God what have you done??

Oh, honey.....ahhhhhh.....I can explain......you see this is an Angel! Yes that’s it, an Angel and we are going to (shooo stupid get out of here) um, we are going to be blessed with the son of God! (you forgot your socks you idiot!) so um, let us Rejoice!

Sure ok, whatever you w,h,o,r,e. Get me a goblet of drink and shut the fuk up.

December 23, 2011 at 2:15 am |

lmao...thank you.
      Happy Holidays Central

December 23, 2011 at 4:41 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Thank goodness your scene is just a figment of your odd imagination.

December 23, 2011 at 5:59 am |
    • Mirosal

That's ok, the entire buy-bull and the qu'ran were written down from figments of imagination as well.

December 23, 2011 at 6:01 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@Mirosal- Evidence? Or was that just your limited factless opinion?

December 23, 2011 at 6:11 am |
    • Freeman

Lycidas doesn't like accurate portrayals of his fascist religion. You'd better stop or he'll be "uncouth" some more. wooooo!

December 23, 2011 at 6:16 am |
    • Mirosal

Revelations reads like one seriously weird acid trip. And you'd have to be on drugs, or maybe 'shrooms back then, to conjure up a vocal snake, a ship big enough to carry all the fauna, and thinking the entire human gene pool started with only 2 specimens

December 23, 2011 at 6:23 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

I am sorry Freeman that you do not approve of asking questions. Odd that atheists get all in worked up when they are asked such things.

As for my faith, you should quit guessing at that which no claims have been made. But I am guessing you like making statements not founded on facts.

December 23, 2011 at 6:23 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@Mirosal- Interesting theory. Too bad it is devoid of any facts but who needs those? Certainly not the self proclaimed guardians of truth on here as yourself.

December 23, 2011 at 6:28 am |
    • Aw, poor swain, awww!

Poor kid thinks emotions are proof of his useless "god" and likes to play "I've got a secret". Kind of like some other people we know around here. Right, Lycidas?
      You have no proof except for your "personal" experiences which are, of course, way too personal and are all about "love" as being proof that your "god" exists.
      How am I doing so far, weenie?

December 23, 2011 at 6:32 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

"thinks emotions are proof"

Too bad you are lying on that. But I guess you couldn't keep up with the conversation on that subject.

By the way...no one loves you. Care to fall into that trap again? I am quite sure you fell into it more than one time and that is why you are so peeved.

December 23, 2011 at 6:35 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

"way too personal and are all about "love" as being proof that your "god" exists."

No, but thanks for guessing. Seems that is all you ppl do on here...guess. Where is the science? The logic? Seems to be one hypocrite after another on here.

December 23, 2011 at 6:37 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Uncouth: You're asking for the evidence but yet Mirosal is not the one claiming something that can't be proven to exist or have ever existed. So where is your evidence?

December 23, 2011 at 6:43 am |

What's wrong, Lycidas? You sound a little shaky there. 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 6:44 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

@TruthPrevails- "You're asking for the evidence but yet Mirosal is not the one claiming something that can't be proven to exist or have ever existed. So where is your evidence?"

Have I? What have I claimed?
      As far as Mirosal's comments...do you not think they should support their comments?

December 23, 2011 at 6:48 am |
    • Freeman

This is him playing "I've got a secret" and "I deliberately didn't say anything so I could play my little game" – seen it before.

December 23, 2011 at 6:50 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Oh Freeman..you seen this and you've seen that. You always wants to make this a personal argument. You want a person to make a personal statement of faith so you can say that since they are unable to convince you of their faith...their faith is incorrect then. It's an old game that doesn't work with me.
      Most of the intellectually lazy on here love to point out how ppl of religion or non-religious cannot prove their point to them. As if they are the final say on the topic. All I do is ask ppl to prove what they claim....and ppl like you get upset all too easily.

December 23, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@uncouth: are you or are you not a christian?

December 23, 2011 at 7:03 am |

Heh heh heh! Something wrong, weenie? Heh. 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 7:07 am |
    • Mirosal

still waiting for Swain to answer Truth's very simple question. And he just needs to type one letter for the reply .. either a "Y" or an "N". Or would that be asking too much?

December 23, 2011 at 7:20 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Good grief...sorry I stepped away from the lief that you call the CNN belief board.
      Yes, since you asked me...I am a Christian.

December 23, 2011 at 7:31 am |
    • Freeman

Just to forestall another go-around, let me just inform everyone that Lycidas is not a "literalist" so try and make him answer more questions. It's always fun to see.

December 23, 2011 at 8:06 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Very good Freeman, you remembered that I am not a literalist. Pity that screwed up all your prepackaged debate points isn't it?

December 23, 2011 at 9:03 am |
    • Freeman

Hmmm. I wonder what the weather is like outside....

December 23, 2011 at 9:12 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Psst...here is a clue, you won't find out on a belief blog..lol.
      Also, remember if it is raining to use the umbrella outside and not inside. I only say that because the obvious seems to escape you.

December 23, 2011 at 9:14 am |

Ha ha! 😀

December 23, 2011 at 9:28 am |
  11. Bible Bob, Knight of Christian Infallibillibabbity

Ooooooooooooooooooooh I just hate it when our propaganda gets beaten out by their propaganda! It really twists my Jesus-loving knickers something fierce!

December 23, 2011 at 1:39 am |

I'm certain it does.

December 23, 2011 at 5:59 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Did you witness said knickers first-hand, Swain?

Do tell, dearie.

December 23, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
    • onehippypoet

tom tom the pipers son
      stole a pig and
      put knickers on it
      and at last report was trying to put lipstick on it
      nice date you got there tom

December 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
  12. tea party

I am agnostic of all religions. I really enjoy Christmas time..Santa,Reindeer,snowmen,Christmas trees,jingle bells and the spirit of giving.....Any Atheist who purposely look for reasons to shut down Christian decorations need to stop it and allow Christians to celebrate their beliefs

December 23, 2011 at 1:03 am |
    • The Phist

Why?

December 23, 2011 at 1:05 am |
    • The Central Srutinizer

I despise Christmas and its hypocritical Capitalist retail nonsense. If a Christian has more lights and blow up globes and blinking reindeers does that make them a better Christian? Better them their neighbor?

No, it makes them an energy waster, with no conscious of the waste and the larger energy su-cking footprint their bloated American Christian Right Wing ego is digesting. It is disgusting and they are disgusting. Hey, burn a candle. Be humble. Pray if you want, but enough with the fourth of July display.

Every evening lately I drive through my neighborhood trying to decide who’s Jesus is the biggest Rock star. One block close by my house could probably illuminate a village in Africa for a month. These people are irresponsible as are the churches the promote this kind of lunacy.

Give? YES! Of course. Give throughout the year and give to people who NEED, not people who WANT. Take you tax break, make your money worth something.

Christians are a sick lot and I agree, their “Nativity” scenes are great toilets.

Aim straight and short them out.

December 23, 2011 at 1:29 am |
    • tallulah13

You are certainly welcome to your own opinion. However, as long as a nativity is on public property, it is subject to laws and limitations of our secular government. If it can be proven to be improper use of public property, it should not be there.

December 23, 2011 at 1:47 am |
    • The Central Srutinizer

That too. Sometimes I get carried away.

December 23, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • Mr. Potter

OHHH...just shut up.

December 25, 2011 at 2:03 am |
  13. The Phist

Nativity scenes are nothing more than fancy, outdoor public restrooms.

December 23, 2011 at 12:49 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Hmmm, some women would call that of your mouth.

December 23, 2011 at 6:00 am |
  14. tallulah13

"They're trying to deny the truth that this nation is founded on Christian principles," Jameson said."

And this guy is trying to deny that our government was founded on the secular principal of separation of church and state. There would be no complaints if this were on private property.

December 23, 2011 at 12:40 am |
  15. The Central Srutinizer

And behold, Joseph and Mary held the baby snow-man in swaddling clothes. Then suddenly, he began to melt...NOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is why people put fake snow men in their yards. Heartbreaking, but a touching part of Christmas.

December 23, 2011 at 12:37 am |
  16. warmesTghosT

Oh no, atheists are doing with their belief what Christians have been doing for the past ~1,700 years!

Everyone panic!

December 23, 2011 at 12:14 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

I'm pretty sure that when Christians are putting up their stuff they were not doing it to offend anyone. Most of the ppl doing this stuff are, or are just naive.

December 23, 2011 at 6:07 am |
  17. Reality

The following should be posted at the topic area and next year forward no government land should be used for holiday displays of any sort:

"And the day will come,
    when the mystical generation of Jesus,
    by the Supreme Being as His Father,
    in the womb of a virgin,
    will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva
    in the brain of Jupiter."

- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
    Letter to John Adams, from Monticello, April 11, 1823.

December 23, 2011 at 12:13 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Do you work on Christmas? Or do you take a stand and refuse to be a part of the govt recognized religious holiday?

December 23, 2011 at 6:08 am |
    • .........

hit report abuse on reality bull sh it

December 23, 2011 at 6:42 am |
    • Reality

Federal Holidays – Pick one or all and work away to make a stand:

Friday, December 31, 2010* New Year’s Day
      Monday, January 17 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
      Monday, February 21** Washington’s Birthday
      Monday, May 30 Memorial Day
      Monday, July 4 Independence Day
      Monday, September 5 Labor Day
      Monday, October 10 Columbus Day
      Friday, November 11 Veterans Day
      Thursday, November 24 Thanksgiving Day
      Monday, December 26*** Christmas Day

December 23, 2011 at 7:26 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

I believe that I was asking you if your worked on a religious day off recognized by the govt.

December 23, 2011 at 9:05 am |
    • Reality

I work every day at life's various endeavors. Being retired, I typically don't get paid for such work.

December 23, 2011 at 11:29 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

And before you were retired and working for a living...did you take Christmas off?

December 23, 2011 at 11:30 am |
    • Reality

Yes, indeed but only because they locked the doors to the office buildings.

December 23, 2011 at 3:37 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's not a "religious holiday", US, you twit. It's a holiday. Just like Columbus Day, Independence Day, and Thanksgiving.

Nobody has to adhere to any religious tenets to have a holiday.

December 23, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
    • just sayin

none of them holidays are religious
      Columbus day- Columbus "discovered "the new world and claimed it in the name of God for Spain
      Independence day- One nation under God by declaration and celebrated
      Thanksgiving day – A special day to give thanks to God set aside by an american president for that purpose
      Christmas day- The CHRIST mass established to celebrate God with us.

December 23, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
    • AHHH

One nation under god by declaration? Huh. I didn't realize our nation was founded in the 1950s.

December 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
    • just sayin

The phrase goes way back even if you don't

December 23, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • AHHH

If you're inventing your own history, I'm sure it does. You realize that the declaration of independence was written by the author of the quote in the original post and someone who thought the divinity of jesus was a ridiculous myth, right?

December 23, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
  18. I smell bs

And all the Christians have to do is use another Christian's private property instead of using government property.
    How hard is that? I mean *really*. You can't use any private property for these holiday stunts? Why does it have to be government property in the first place?
    What's that? You want to violate the law? Time for the pepper spray, right?

December 23, 2011 at 12:04 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

I would say it has a great deal of tradition to do with it. There is no stunt aspect to it.

December 23, 2011 at 6:09 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Waaah! I don't like you! Waaah! You're being rude so I'll be rude too! Waaaah!

December 23, 2011 at 6:20 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

Lol..username stealing...a real sign of desparation. Kind of pitiful too but oh well. I guess ppl just don't like to have their thoughts challenged.

December 23, 2011 at 6:46 am |
    • Freeman

Oh, well, you've done it too. Oh, well....I guess we'd better not steal the name of a name-stealer. Wouldn't want to do something like that, would we?

December 23, 2011 at 6:52 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

I'm sorry you think I have stolen anyone's name, but I haven't. There is no point in doing it.

December 23, 2011 at 6:56 am |
    • Freeman

No, there never is any point to anything you do, is there? 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

To a limited individual it may seem like that 😉

December 23, 2011 at 7:02 am |
    • Freeman

So you're an "unlimited individual" now? Hoo hoo! Shall we all bow down before the cretinous lump of fat named Lycidas? Nah.

December 23, 2011 at 7:08 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

"So you're an "unlimited individual" now?"

Easy kid...easy. Now take a moment and reread everything.
      Just because I called you limited (you are not denying it right?) does not in anyway mean I am referring to myself as unlimited. My gosh public school has failed your generation when it comes to reading comprehension.

December 23, 2011 at 9:07 am |

Pretty lame, dude. But keep it up. It's pretty funny. 😀

December 23, 2011 at 9:10 am |
    • Uncouth Swain

You seem to have difficulty admitting when you are incorrect on something. See, you are limited and there is nothing wrong with that.

December 23, 2011 at 9:12 am |

Heh heh heh! Thanks! 😀

December 23, 2011 at 9:30 am |
  19. lol

or at the bottom of the marianas trench

December 22, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
    • warmesTghosT

I wish we'd devote more time to study of that ecosystem, it is absolutely fascinating that life can adapt and thrive in that environment.

Space is the final frontier, but the ocean floor is a dark and captivating mystery as well.

December 23, 2011 at 12:32 am |
  20. EvolvedDNA

I think a bluff is a better place for it anyway..after all....

December 22, 2011 at 11:52 pm |