home
RSS
Boston archbishop: 'Sorrow' over child sex abuse scandal is still deep
Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley released a letter expressing sorrow over the sexual abuse scandal.
January 5th, 2012

Boston archbishop: 'Sorrow' over child sex abuse scandal is still deep

By Chris Boyette, CNN

(CNN) - Ten years after public recognition of serious sexual abuse at the hands of Roman Catholic priests within the Archdiocese of Boston, Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley, the archbishop, issued a letter and his reflections on the "problem with a history far deeper than any ... had imagined, that had been wreaking havoc along its course."

On Wednesday O'Malley released a document contemplating the abuse crisis over the past decade.

"The life of the Church in the Archdiocese of Boston (and throughout the world) was forever changed by the revelations of clergy sexual abuse that dominated the news in January of 2002," it began, "As an Archdiocese, as a Church, we can never cease to make clear the depth of our sorrow and to beg forgiveness from those who were so grievously harmed," it went on.

The Archdiocese released O'Malley's reflections two days before the 10-year anniversary of the first Boston Globe articles that broke the story in 2002, exposing decades of sexual abuse by Catholic priests, as well as bringing to light a veil of silence within the Church, implicating Church officials in covering up the abuse by shuffling pedophile priests around the diocese.

"Survivors have made clear that the Church must do everything possible to make sure that what happened to them never happens again," O'Malley wrote, "On behalf of the entire Church, I pledge our vigilance as we continue to help those that had been harmed."

O'Malley said his reflections were not to be interpreted as "a final word, or the closing of a chapter," but rather an expression of progress made so far, and a guide for what he said would be the Church's continued diligence in doing everything possible to prevent such abuses in the future.

"There will never be a time to presume that the crisis is over or behind us," said O'Malley.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Bishops • Catholic Church • Christianity • Church • United States

1. Pope John Paul the Turd

The Holy ButtReaming I took last night from Bishop Johnson has made me very gassy and leaky today. Please excuse the brownGravy stains on the back of my Holy White Robe. Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
  2. Pope John Paul the Turd

I will now consume the Holy DooDee cakes that were left by some blessed 7 year old boys. Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  3. RightTurnClyde

Well it is too bad that CNN and the "Belief Blog" want to be dominated by warped and even as yet abnormal postings I have seen here on this thread. Really sick. The RCC is not as sick as the several posters on this thread (and CNNN like this kind of thing ... makes a fortune one it .. so that is their idea of "Belief."

January 5, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • Ed

totally agree

January 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

Completely agree right turn. My handle does not apply to you or the 1% of posters who actually try to be civil and educated.

January 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

Yes my son. Its a terrible thing. Would you care for a Holy ButtSlammin? Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  4. Fat Bill Donohue

Looks like "The Fat Man" aka Bill Donohue is having sleepless nights again. He must have spent all day yesterday, last night and this morning looking for child protectors to slam. Hey "Fat Man" you are also in line for a millstone to be tied around your neck

January 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  5. Pope John Paul the Turd

Yeeess my children, males only. Come have a bite and let me fill your mouth with my Holy Frank N Furter.

January 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Judging by what you posted on this thread you are sicker and more demented than any 1000 Catholic priests. I have no doubt that you are the voice of experience and know all about what they were accused of doing. The RCC is not the only or even he worst. Penn-State, DADT and other places. You are one sick puppy to be sure ..

January 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

Amen my son. You now may thrust your huge weiner into my mouth and slam your ballSack against my Holy Chin. Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  6. geraldh

So many of you only show your lack of intelligence in these conversations. Ah it is all so funny isn't it. Peoples troubles and sins are just a riot. None of you really care about child abuse. You care about hatred. Sad. Truly sad.

January 5, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

Oh no friend you read it wrong. I certainly care about child abuse in that I, Pope John Paul the Turd, abuse all the children I possibly can as its is ordained by the church.

AMEN!!

January 5, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

@gerald – Yes it is sad. Unforunately our society only seems to be more and more like this. I'm a mid 20's young professional and the amount of self centeredness, ignorance, and love of self among my generation is appauling. Unforunately as the end draws near it's only going to get worse.

Doesn't make any sense to people who actually want to be generous and help others, but our voices will always be mimicked, ridiculed and manipulated to make it seem as if we are the bad ones. Have a nice day.

January 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

geraldh, just skip over the carnally minded posts.

God Bless You.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • Fookin' Prawn

First off, 'you sir' – come on, aren't we lucky to be in your presence? You're above such base behavior, right? Yet your handle uses the slang 'tard'. The irony – and your smug insensitivity – are glorious.

January 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm |
  7. Pope John Paul the Turd

I love myself and nobody can tell me what to do. I can criticize what I want and have no remorse for my actions. Some people call me a narcissist or sociopath, and i have no real friends, but ofcourse I deny this.

January 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

Although this is clearly an imitator, your words are probably spot on for who that person is in real life.

January 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • Ok'yDok'y

"Turd, I'm glad you pay attention to the mental health professionals and their terminology of how you tick. Jesus called you fools. Same difference."

I thought you skip over these types of comments so you're a liar. LOL!

January 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

@okydoky – Typical of an ignorant poster. Only try to find faults in others so you can justify your own evil deeds. Faulty logic, but I'm sure you're glad it lets you sleep at night.

January 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ok'yDok'y, he didn't post carnal perversion in his last post, therefore, I posted a comment since you folks don't comprehend how anti-social you are.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
    • Lol

January 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Lol, you posted “@HS.. Why don't you just say rules change according to the time of the day.. Just like how the "one truth revealed as word of god" changes..”

Answer

For I [am] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Malachi 3:6

Man changes, God does not. The more man is focused on the ways of the world, the further away from God they get. Final solution ... blotted out. No eternity for them.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 9:31 pm |
    • Fookin' Prawn

Oh boy, it's carnal time again!

January 5, 2012 at 11:28 pm |
  8. hippypoet

yup, sorrow... not sorry, not we will stop this, not anything that will really do anything but make headlines – same concept as them touchin kids only without the firing or quiting of the job.... so i guess its a win win for the church and just another loss for the victims... the world keeps spining.

January 5, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • hippypoet

Roses are red
      Violets are blue
      Bless me father
      So I might eat your doo doo.

January 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

"and to beg forgiveness from those who were so grievously harmed"

Guess you conveniently glossed over that oh wise one. Please tell me how you beg for forgiveness without being sorry. I know the great hippypoet wouldn't use bias in his idiotic rantings.

January 5, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
    • hippypoet

i never said anything of that sort... and i don't beg. i ask for forgiviness from no-one for i only do what i believe to be right, then i stand by my choices until they are proven wrong, or just to be a poor choice, then and only then do i ask for forgiviness... just so ya know.

January 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

"yup, sorrow... not sorry, not we will stop this, not anything that will really do anything but make headlines "

That's actually exactly what you said clown.

And that's good to know that you don't apologize and feel as though you're choices are always right. You only apologize if proven wrong haha, have you ever done something that you feel sorry for because it was mean/hurtful/wrong and you did it for a selfish reason? Not because somebody "proved" to you that it was wrong.

January 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
    • hippypoet

again with the clown remark – do i make you laugh... i hope so, it will allow to more health in your life and by doing so perhaps you will live longer for it. now to answer your question – the things i do for selfish reasons i admit to them being selfish before doing them, it helps get past the fighting when its discovered...and as far as feeling bad that i hurt someone – i have used my whole family to my ends before – it was thrilling – and i will given the chance, do it again... just for the complexity of it! When i do things that are wrong to do, i accecpt them and find the greater purpose in them or i don't do them... when i do something that i believed to be right to do then later am confronted by the truth of my actions, i do feel sorry and show such feelings without pause...one must understand that by doing anything others will be affected, one must never committ actions without a basic knowledge of those who will be affected by said actions...unless they are children or just don't care, but then this conversation is pointless.....but i do care...alot, too much infact.. i act where others should even when i shouldn't because its not my place to say something or do something i still do whats right and needed, even when others are harmed due to me actions – pain is a sign of life and shouldn't be shuned because it hurts! As a smile can change the outcome of any situation so can a frown, know the power of both and you become a power to be reckened with. i hope that answers it... if not, please lets keep going, i am freshly high and have all the time in the world. 🙂

January 5, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

Not surprised that you're baked, your incoherent ranting definitely just corroborated that. You sound as if you're trying to be philosophical and speak to something higher, but your lack of intelligence limits you to such speech. You end up coming off as an uneducated hippy who sees the world as a simplistic. You probably think you bring great wisdom, but the reality is that you are very far from it. I do not wish to engage any further with someone who cannot grasp anything beyond basic comprehension. Enjoy your buzz.

January 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • hippypoet

you make me sad... first the world is a very simple one once you realize that we are extreme creatures of habit and that we often (too often) don't learn from past mistakes...like you underestimating me...its ok, the reason is again simple – i lack the care to learn to use proper spelling and grammer and therefore come off as less intelligent then i make myself appear. Sh!t happens. 🙂 the whole judge book cover thing must have never reached your rear – i'd say ears but i'm pretty sure your head is up your @ss so it works...you seem to talk a lot yet say very little...why is that? i find that when i read your other posts we agree on many things yet you hold yourself above me – rather funny. Oh and my incoherent ranting has nothing to do with my being high, thats just how i roll to people like you – i come off as incoherent when infact i am speaking plain english and you are just too slow to understand.

January 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hippypoet, actually, my heart hurts for you.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • hippypoet

why do you hurt for me when me myself am in no pain?

January 5, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • You Sir, Are A Tard

@hippy – Heaven can speak for himself, but I'd guess it's because deep down we know you are sad and angry. Although life is certainly not perfect and we do make mistakes, at the end of the day we are truly happy and blessed and thank God everyday for our blessings (of the non material wealth, bc that's what's most important). You don't understand how some people can want to do good or be generous with no selfish intentions involved, it probably boggles your mind. I know because I've been there. I know there's no changing your mind if you don't want to, and I'm sure you'll just ridicule this post as nonsense, just saying.

January 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
    • hippypoet

you can both think as you like – i am most def. no an angry person nor am i sad – i do have these emotions and feel them when the event calls for them but i am generally a happy fun loving person who likes to play games. Having the understand i do of the world and people in it allows me to do things you may not agree with nor understand – thats ok...but when you folks say thanks to god i have but one question – does it answer you back? and i mean straight words like "yes bob, i am here and i care for your issues no matter how mundane!" if not then you both should really look up the words delusion and insanity – they aren't the same thing but linger on the same cliff with you when you speak of god – a creature that for all purposes doesn't exist but to pray to for no matter what is the issue nothing is ever done but by you not god yet you keep at the whole praise be to god crap... having knowledge of things makes for a boring life – less surprises, more dissappointments... hence the saying ignorance is bliss. I have a grand knowledge, with little care towards how to use it for i believe that all should know as much as they can and to that end no truth should be insulting only enlightening and insults should never hurt as they are known to all to be untrue! no worries....maybe later we can have a get to know you chat. i'll check back later.

January 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hippypoet, you posted "why do you hurt for me when me myself am in no pain?"

Answer: Sociopaths/psychopaths/anti-social personalities deny their feelings.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • hippypoet

January 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • derp

"hippypoet, actually, my heart hurts for you."

And you butt hurts from me.

January 5, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
    • HeavenSent

hippypoet, interesting post "heaven, i never denied my feelings nor did i ever truly state them... but i also never denied being anyone of those that you name but again, nor did i ever once state being one...so we are at an imp@ss, unless you are a pysch doc. and can call me out for out i am...are you? i am at this point equal to your god for you can't prove i am nor can you prove i am not anything you named...amen to you too...go and pray to your god, may it help you learn the lack of exist thru the non answering of your questions and problems save yourself doing it."

Answer: Then you are of the generation that is conditioned by those that abide in the Talmud to condition folks to sinful ways so as to not know what sin is.

Either way, if you do not focus on Jesus and lovingly follow His truth, you'll be blotted out. No eternity for you. That's Jesus' truth and it's His ball park, His rules, His final solution.

Amen.,

January 5, 2012 at 10:36 pm |
    • sam

HS and You SIr are likely the same poster. If not, well, at least you're both the same level of delusional , self righteous dumba$$.

January 5, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
  9. Pope John Paul the Turd

AH Yes...come all who are hungry and dine on my Holy ButtPickles...yes enjoy friends!!

January 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • Cee Lo Green

Yes Father. I come to thee with a huge fat but empty belly. Fill my mouth with your Blessed Holy HotTurds. Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  10. Pope John Paul the Turd

*POOT* <-Smell the HOLY FART, you losers.

January 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
  11. RightTurnClyde

Ok it is January 2012 .. New Year - time to FORGIVE. Let go of it and turn and walk into the future. They have been tried and judged and penalized. Some of the priests are serving sentences and the RC church is paying billions in damages. The case is closed. Time to shut up and turn to the future.

January 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • Nonimus

As the article and the Cardinal said, "his reflections were not to be interpreted as 'a final word, or the closing of a chapter,' but rather an expression of progress made so far, and a guide for what he said would be the Church's continued diligence in doing everything possible to prevent such abuses in the future."

January 5, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Closure is up to you and not to the RCC. YOU are the one who can drop it and close it. If you live by the fued then like the Hatfields and the McCoys you cannot let go and must continue until the last man falls. (then there are no more Hatfields or McCoys). Another approach is to let Auld Lang Syne. New Year is a terminal pojnt. But so is the sabbath and the sunset. It may be hard to learn HOW to let go, but it is something you must learn in life. (THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE JUSTICE). Great injustices were done in WWII and the Balkans and the Gulags .. and they can never be rectified.

January 5, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • Ed

Have to disagree Rightturn, The closure can not be done till the problem is resolved. The church is finally take responsibility and tryiny hard to fix the problem. This is the right step. It may be all they can do, but as long a 1 priest molest 1 child the problem is not resolved. As long as one person covers it up, the problem is not resolved. I realize it may impossible to stop it the abuse altogether, becasue there will always be sick evil people that hurt and abuse children. But the church can do al in its power to prevent and it can to the cover ups. I have waited a long time as a Catholic to see these steps and to see the church take this responsibility. It about time, and I'm glad to see it. we have to look to the future but can not ever forget the past.

January 5, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

RightTurnClyde, the carnally minded use the RCC's atrocities as an excuse for continuing their own bad behavior. Each man will be judged solo.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • OhPlz

"the carnally minded"

January 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
    • HeavenSent

OhPlz, you posted ""the carnally minded"

Don't you just love how this old bat loves this phrase, like it actually means anything to us but it sure means a lot to her. You're so lost in yourself that I come here for a good laugh over your stupidity."

Question: Who's "us"? The many dummy handles you use to post on this site? LOL. Some folks learn to grow up. You can stay a peter pan .... but don't cry like wendy when society puts you in the slammer for not taking responsibility for your thoughts/beliefs/actions while continuing in your egotistical stupidity.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • TR6

“The case is closed. Time to shut up and turn to the future”

I think not. Didn’t they just discover a new den of these priestly perverts in the Netherlands? This will drag on for decades. We’ve only seen the tip if this ice berg. The RCC is going to slowly bleed to death from this self inflicted wound

January 5, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
    • Fookin' Prawn

It's carnal time!

January 5, 2012 at 10:44 pm |
    • Fookin' Prawn

Holy crap, just imagine the Xmas cards HS must send out. A bible quote that has nothing to do with anything, signed 'amen'.

January 5, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  12. Pope John Paul the Turd

All you buttholes downgradin the church. Look we love to molest little boys but this guy getting a girl preggers? Thats awful because the church can only condone kweer love for its bishops.

January 5, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • You're a Goober

You sir are what we call an ignorant moron. What a sad life you must live.

January 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

Yes my son...get on your knees, repent and gobble the Holy Goober!

January 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • You're a Goober

Thanks for proving my point. Hurry on now, don't want to miss your next shift at McDonalds.

January 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

Yes my son...I have a juicy warm McRib sammy crammed up my rear-end for you. Thats right tongue you way in to my Holy Butthole for a delicious dining experience.

January 5, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • You're a Goober

You're one disturbed individual. Enjoy Hell.

January 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • Pope John Paul the Turd

I understand my son and yes we are all somewhat disturbed. And btw when was the last time your manly hairy butthole was disturbed? My Holy Rocket of Love will now penetrate your brown-eye until the Holy BrownGravy doth spew forth. Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  13. The Central Scrutinizer

Is he wearing anything under those ridiculous robes?

January 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  14. Bo

"Sorrow", what a 'farce'; if the RCC really wanted to do something about this problem why has there been so much cover-up? The RCC has had this problem for centuries, why do you think there are no convents in Mexico?

January 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • geraldh

On what do you base your claim "there are no converts in mexico". As for the CC not doing anything about it you have an outsider view. There has been alot done in the Church. From education for both children and adults to much deeper screening of seminary candidates. And it has already payed off. In 2009 there were only 9 new allegations of child abuse by priests and teachers in the Church.

January 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  15. Rainer Braendlein

Here we go again.

The arch-abuser is the pope himself, because he doesn't approve clerical marriage. The priest lose their hormonal balance, because of a lack of se-xual intercourse with a wife (besides the whole priesthood of the RCC is in fact a magical body with the pope as its head; a priest is just a limb of the popes body).

Furthermore, the Roman Catholic Church is fully out of line anyway, because the pope has displaced Jesus from his office as head of the Church. Long ago the Holy Spirit has left the RCC and it has become a p i s s p o t of heresies. Without the power of the Holy Spirit no Christian behaviour is possible, but merely misbehavin.

Moreover, the RCC is a midden of simony, that means they do all their service, in order to earn money and to get honor and power like the Scribes, Pharisees, Judas and the High Priests, which finally killed Jesus. Jesus actually commanded that all spiritual service should be for free!!!

I see only one solution: The RCC must be abolished. Ordinary RCC members can convert to mainline Protestantism, if they wish. They are welcome.

January 5, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Ed

yes because none of the churches that could be described as "mainline protestant" do anything for money. They are just a involve in politics and just a much a slave to money as the RCC many of them far more. The RCC does far more for charity then many "mainline protestent" churches. The problem man is flawed find a way tofix that and you'll more then fix the RCC

January 5, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • geraldh

Then why do fathers who have wives engage in child abuse more than priests? Your logic is flawed.

January 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • geraldh

Total nonsense that the Pope replaces Christ. Evidently you have never been to a Mass. Your posts are full of prejudice and lacking in reality. By the way Protestant pastors (who are married) molest children too. As much as priests. Maybe more.

January 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Reading Revelation 2 and 3 is to comprehend that Jesus finds no fault in the churches of Philadelphia (started by the election of grace) and Smyrna (followers who’s faith is very strong and are the saltiest of His followers telling folks His truth) and speaks against the other 5 churches. Both the church of Philadelphia and Smyrna teach the true word of God.

Amen.

January 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  16. Reality

Why did today's pope, prelates, preachers and rabbis, so focused on society's se-xual sins, lose sight of clerical se-xual sins?
    "
    FEAR, SHAME and GUILT and COVER IT ALL UP!!!

Obviously ordination in any religion is not assurance of good behavior !!!!!

Neither is coronation!!! e.g. Henry VIII, King David.

Neither is marriage as 50% of those men convicted of pedophilia are married.

Neither is being elected president of the USA!! e.g. Billy "I did not have se-x with that girl" Clinton, John "Marilyn Monroe" Kennedy"

Neither is possessing super athletic skill!!! e.g. Tiger "I am so sorry for getting caught" Woods

Neither is being an atheist or pagan since pedophilia is present in all walks of life.

If someone is guilty of a crime in this litany of "neithers" they should or should have been penalized as the law dictates to include jail terms for pedophiliacs (priests, rabbis, evangelicals, boy scout leaders, coaches, married men/women), divorce for adultery (Clinton, Kennedy), jail terms for obstruction of justice (Clinton, Cardinal Law) and the death penalty or life in prison for murder ("Kings David and Henry VIII).

January 5, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  17. I'm mad as hell, not "sorrowful" at what the Catholics have been doing for centuries!!!

For many many centuries, the Catholic Church has been known for s-exual abuse, deviancy, violence, murder, lies, and pretty much everything a criminal organization would do.
    This bishop is one of them, otherwise he wouldn't be a bishop. His words are worthless.

Notice the other article where the Catholics are still acting without shame.
    The whole organization is a criminal organization. It should be shut down, every bit of it.
    There are few organizations as evil as the Catholic Church. We have plenty of proof. When will the world see justice?

January 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  18. Mike

People will continue to defend organized religion, to quote Morpheus from the Matrix, "You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

January 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • You're Stupid

Yes oh wise one, you are all knowing. If only people could be as smart as you your majesty.

January 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • Mike

@you're stupid

One can only hope...

January 5, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  19. Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley, Archdiocese of Boston

We can never cease to make clear the depth of our sorrow . . . at getting caught. Now I have to make speeches like this where I pretend to be sensitive, while we stonewall and spread inuendoes about victims and otherwise refuse to take responsibility for the massive criminal conspiracy to cover it up and protect the perpetrators.

We have been very successful – none of us has gone to prison for our active roles in the conspiracy.

January 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • Ricardordels

If you are really Cardinal O' Malley, your words are not of a Catholic Priest, you fear your faith and you fear your cloak; besides, you never read a Bible and if you did, you never understood it. Please, but please, read again the Letters of Peter and acknowledge the Evil would infiltrate in the Catholic Church. At the end of times, Evil would infiltrate the Church to destroy it. But, why, why, why? Because this is the only original church.

January 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
  20. Reality

the "vomit-inducing" ped-ophilia and coverup will simply hasten the hasten the decline of all religions as they finally go extinct from their own absurdity.. It is time to replace all religions with a few rules like "Do No Harm" and convert all houses of "worthless worship" to recreation facilities and parks.

January 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
    • Reality

The "vomit-inducing" ped-ophilia and coverup will simply hasten the decline of all religions as they finally go extinct from their own absurdity.. It is time to replace all religions with a few rules like "Do No Harm" and convert all houses of "worthless worship" to recreation facilities and parks.

January 5, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • Mike from CT

"will simply hasten the hasten the decline of all religions "
      The only problem with that statement is facts.

January 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Ed

this implies nothing bad has ever happen at a recreation facility or park. Look into I think you will peodphiles in these places too. We need to make pedophilia a capital crime. If any one deserves to die its a peodphile.

January 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm |