home
RSS
My Take: Momma’s boy Tim Tebow meets playboy Tom Brady
Tim Tebow is having a great year, but the author says his appeal runs much deeper.
January 13th, 2012

My Take: Momma’s boy Tim Tebow meets playboy Tom Brady

Editor’s note: Patton Dodd is the managing editor of Patheos and the author of The Tebow Mystique: The Faith and Fans of Football’s Most Polarizing Player.

By Patton Dodd, Special to CNN

Denver, Colorado (CNN) - A few weeks ago, a joke made its way around Denver about Tom Brady, the New England Patriots’ living legend, and Tim Tebow, the raw Broncos quarterback who is turning in a legendary season. It went something like this:

Tom Brady dies and goes to heaven and is greeted by God, who shows him to his new house – a cozy, modest home with a Patriots flag flying from the porch. “Gee, thanks God!” says Brady, feeling very special.

As Brady walks to his door, he notices another house down the street – a sprawling, gorgeous home with a 50-foot pole flying a Broncos flag, a swimming pool shaped like a horse, and a Tim Tebow jersey pinned to the front door.

“Um, God?” Brady begins. “I’m not ungrateful, but I don’t get it. I won three Super Bowls and went to the Hall of Fame. Why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?”

God chuckles. “That’s not Tim’s house,” he replies. “That’s mine.”

It’s not a very good joke, but it neatly summarizes cultural attitudes toward Brady and Tebow, whose teams meet this weekend in the second round of the NFL playoffs.

Brady is a quarterback’s quarterback; his fellow players voted him the best player in football at the beginning of 2011, and he rewarded their admiration with another spectacular season. He’s been at this for a while – he was the winningest playoff quarterback of the last decade – and he’s settled into a life reserved only for guys like him: really good at sports, plus really, really, really good-looking.

Brady dated actress Tara Reid during his initial rise to fame, then settled into a relationship with actress Bridget Moynahan, with whom he had a child.

By the time the child was born, Brady had moved on to Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen, to whom he’s now married and with whom he’s built a Brentwood, California mansion. (Forbes named them the world’s highest-paid celebrity couple.)

Brady’s post-game press conferences can be fashion shows. When my wife and I lived in Boston, we would watch Patriots game coverage until the conference began so we could spy Brady’s gingham shirts, thick-knotted ties, and pocket squares. No matter how tough a game he played, Brady looked ready for the red carpet. The man can wear a suit.

Tebow is something else altogether – an apparently God-blessed raw talent who wins games with a little bit of passing and a whole lot of prayer. Haters aside, he’s the most popular athlete in the nation.

He’s also made football itself more popular this year, drawing in admirers who wouldn’t be watching otherwise. Last weekend’s Broncos-Steelers matchup drew the highest television ratings in the history of the wild card round.

A Zillow.com poll named Tebow America’s Most Desirable Neighbor, and anyone who has sat through one of Tebow’s press conferences (or read his autobiography) can see why. Whatever you think of his faith commitments, he’s the genuine article. He builds orphanages and visits with sick kids and deflects praise and plays the game like a kid whose parents wouldn’t let him go outside until all the chores were done.

Brady is the guy every teenage boy wants to be. Tebow is the guy every teenage boy’s mom wants him to be.

Both quarterbacks overcame low expectations. Brady was drafted in the sixth round and seemed destined to life as a backup until Drew Bledsoe was severely hurt in Brady’s second year. Tebow was drafted in the first round, a move that every expert opinion deemed a mistake.

Both emerged in breakout fashion. Brady’s first season as starter turned him into a famous football player. Tebow’s is turning him into a cultural phenomenon.

What’s the difference? Why is Tebow’s fame supercharged? Why does Brady get a Brentwood mansion with Gisele, but only a quaint house in heaven?

Recall that Brady’s rise happened in the fall after 9/11, which was also an era before media platforms were numbered like stars in the sky. The nation is in a different mood now, and for better or worse, we have new, more powerful ways of making people famous. Twitter, Facebook and a billion blogs helped Tebow saturate everything.

But the biggest difference is that, in Tebow’s case, religion is a factor. Brady, a cradle Catholic, became famous as an athlete. Tebow is becoming famous as an athlete, acolyte, and avatar all rolled into one.

Tebow the athlete is fun to watch with his passion and flashes of brilliance. Tebow the acolyte – the devoted follower of God – is easy to admire, and even those annoyed by public piety can be won over by his goodheartedness and the sheer joy with which he plays the game.

Perhaps most acutely, he’s a cultural avatar. The internet meme “Tebowing” took off because it’s a readymade symbolic gesture people can use to express themselves against our scoffing, serious times.

Brady is a great football player. Tebow is a great football story, and stories are immersive – they give us a chance to get involved, to see ourselves through them.

Tebow’s story tees up the questions that frame many people’s lives: Is God involved? Can he help us overcome? Can he help us win? What if he stops helping us – where is God when our critics are correct, when our flaws are exposed for everyone to see?

Saturday’s game will likely be the most-watched second round playoff game in NFL history. Millions will be watching because they want to see how the story will unfold, and the hero most of them will be rooting for is not the playboy, but the momma’s boy.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Sports

soundoff (1,294 Responses)
  1. b4bigbang

Ironicus

I hope you're going to quit using your mobile and use a proper keyboard and browser.

Sorry. I use the tools i have to the best of my ability.

January 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm |
    • Ironicus

That's one of the saddest things I've ever seen you post. I really feel sorry for you if your "best" consists of wandering around with a stupid look on your face and showing the world your lack of reasoning skills...

January 14, 2012 at 9:05 pm |
  2. b4bigbang

Jim: "Faith is defined as belief without proof or evidence."

Wrong. Oh that may be a secular dictionary's def of faith, but since we're referring to Bible faith, the def is:
    "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things [ie, God, the angels, the heavenly realm] not seen."
    So, quite the contrary.
    I fact, while the source [God] is not seen, there's plenty of evidence of his existence that can be seen.

January 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • Jim

The evidence of things not seen? Really? So insert anything in place of god and it works. Leprecauns, fairies, or any other current or discarded religion are equally valid.

January 14, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  3. b4bigbang

back in 10 mins...

January 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
    • ashrakay

we can hardly wait.

January 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm |

January 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm |
    • ReligionIs4Dolts

Be sure to look up "carbon dating" on Wikipedia while you're gone.

January 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
    • Observer

Is carbon dating an approved se*xual practice in your part of the world?

January 14, 2012 at 8:56 pm |
    • Ironicus

You know, there's the possibility that neutrinos affect the rate of radioactive decay....but not enough to prove religious crap, of course....

January 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
  4. b4bigbang

@Ironicus: " You love me but not my sin? Then why not sacrifice something to save my soul and prove your "god" exists?
    You'd think at least ONE person in all of history would actually prove such a thing to others if they could."

Wow, u threw a lot of Bible at me all at once, indicating that u spend (or spent) a lot of time searching the scriptures. Interesting.
    But to address a couple of your remarks:

1) I don't love you, i don't even know you. (Save the diatribe re "aren't u supposed to love everybody?" Answer: I don't interpret the evidence, ie scripture that way).
    2) With your apparent Bible familiarity you should know that Jesus is the final sacrifice, so there's that.
    3) I must repeat myself and say that the Bible declares that God "hides" his face from unbelievers.
    3a) If God showed himself openly to atheists such as yourself, you'd merely rail against him in a tirade of accusations, accusing him of evil-doing, so why should a Holy God subject himself to open abuse by little mortals? He's doing u a favor, because he prob wouldnt tolerate it to his face.

January 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm |
    • Jim

So god is afraid of abuse by mere mortals? Pretty thin skin...

January 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
    • Ironicus

Yeah, quite the weenie who doesn't exist.

Gotta hand it to deluded people: they always have an excuse as to why they can't prove anything but that they are mentally ill....

January 14, 2012 at 8:42 pm |
    • Jim

Faith is defined as belief without proof or evidence. Mental illness? I don't think so, unless you believe you literally hear voices and they tell you what to do. I think that many religious folks were heavily indoctrinated, and were too intimidated or fearful to take a hard look at the core of their faith. Science is advancing quickly, and it is getting harder for the religious to ignore the mounting evidence that contradicts the teaching of the church.

January 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm |
    • Ironicus

Being indoctrinated into a delusional belief system is not a mentally healthy thing for anyone to go through, wouldn't you agree?

January 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
  5. cigarlover6

This Tebow is unduly given media space due to fundamentalists funded dollars behind the scene. Plus of course the theatrics displayed on the field, triggers media and zealots interests.

January 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
  6. jay

Are you kidding me CNN? The only momma's boy here is CNN. Sorry he doesn't have a rag on his head, I'm sure you would eat that up.

January 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
  7. fan

This young man takes the time out of his day to make a difference in people's lives that otherwise need a ray of hope. Not too many NFL players care enough to be role models like Tebow does. He's not looking for attention either. He's a good kid that was raised on good values. I'm a very religious person and believe in God but this doesn't have to be a story about religion. It just as well can be a story about a super human being doing good things in life and making a difference.

January 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
    • Ironicus

He's about as "super human" as my butt-crack.

January 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm |
  8. cigarlover6

religious nuts are the worst kind of sheep one would care to find. They feel 'vindicated' when some loser 'glorifies' their 'faith' to all the worlds to see. Their chest fills with absurd pride of belonging to that category which the loser belongs...
    This is both mental illness and hypocrisy at many levels.

January 14, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • fan

Funny, my "mental illness" drives me to being a faithful husband, loving father and positive influence in my church and community. I wish I was sane like yourself...

January 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
    • Jim

@fan, so you believe the only thing that makes you a good person is your religion?

January 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm |
    • fan

@Jim, it works for me. You can live your life as you wish. I'm perfectly happy with my faith.

January 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
    • ReligionIs4Dolts

Fairy tales are not necessary to teach good ethics.

January 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm |
    • Puzzled

The concept of good and a system of ethics has to derive from something. If you separate yourself from God I suppose your sense of what is good might last for a bit, maybe even a few generations, but it will ultimately become unrecognizable.

January 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm |
    • cigarlover6

My dear Fan, I take your word for granted. I believe you that it helps you. Good for you.
      Ok, now I ask you to convert to Islam or Hinduism or something. They are also 'great' religions, should be ok for you to convert in to. It MUST give you the same great balance/help that the current religion is giving you. Would you care to convert? Ot that would be a problem for you? Afterall, they are also trying to believe in 'god'. Should be easy for you, right?
      Or just one more thing, what if the praying dude was a Muslim team member, would you have felt the same chest expanding pride? Please answer.

January 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
    • fan

January 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
    • ReligionIs4Dolts

Native "Americans" didn't have any form of Judaic god before 1492 and yet they independently formed their own codes of ethics. How did that happen?

January 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm |
    • fan

My dear ciagrlover6, here's the real point. You must be as big a loser as myself choosing to go back and forth on a CNN message board on a Saturday night:)

January 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm |
    • Jim

@fan, but what if you were born on the wrong continent? What if Odin, Zeus or Mithra are the one true gods? What if you picked the wrong one? If the basis of your faith is fear of reprisal for non-belief, what have you gained?

January 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • LinCA

@fan

You said, "There's really only one good way to see it. As a Christian, if I got it wrong then what did I loose. No harm done. On the other hand if we Christians got it right well, you know the story. Win Win for some of us:)"

You may want to google "Pascal's wager". There are quite a few gods that don't look kindly upon non-believers in them. My guess is that you are one of those non-believers. Better prepare to spend eternity in agony.

January 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm |
    • cigarlover6

Hey Puzzled, have you heard of Amazonian tribes or for that matter African or Indian tribes that still live the way they used to live thousands of years ago. Some believe in many forms of 'god', some don't. The ones who don't believe, they are still having a tribal society and take care of their own kinds. They live a 'moral' life and live their free life... why aren't they dying out? In fact some of those tribes most likely are our ancestors... and started getting in to stupidity when "organized religions" started controlling and profiting form their masses... Answer to that.

January 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • cigarlover6

Clever Fan, clever. When logical arguments start to get heavy... Diversion is a good way.
      Yes, wasting time on this board is a losing proposition....

January 14, 2012 at 9:05 pm |
    • A Little Help

Actually, Pascal's Wager is all about expected returns in a setting that does not include punishment as an result of choosing wrongly.

January 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
    • Puzzled

cigarlover6: Do you want to take the position that there is a universal moral standard?

January 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm |
    • ReligionIs4Dolts

Is there a universal moral standard? Is murder absolutely wrong? NO! Not if it's in self-defense.

January 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
    • cigarlover6

Hey Puzzled, I don't know is the answer. May be there is, may be it's in our biology.
      But even if it's there, I am precluding you here, why it has to come from some 'god'? Or if you are a Christian, the christian god? There were many other 'great' religions before Christianity, e.g. Hinduism, Buddhist, Zorastrian, Greek myths, etc. Why the moral command didn't come from them?

January 14, 2012 at 9:17 pm |
    • Puzzled

Well, clearly ReligionIs4Dolts is ready to take on cigarlover6.

January 14, 2012 at 9:17 pm |
    • Ironicus

The only real universal moral standard is moral relativism. If we had absolute morality from a "god" then all believers would have it and no one else, yet we see the exact opposite – believers being immoral and hypocritical while atheists are moral and in full compliance with their lack of belief.
      Tell me, if you have morals through "faith" then why do you say you get morals from the Bible and why would you need to if they were just "automatic" anyway?

January 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
    • Puzzled

Ironicus: Many believers have taken a universal moral standard as the most important sign of the existence of God – e.g. C.S. Lewis. Moreover, they take the inability of people to live up to this standard to be a powerful indicator that Christianity and its atonement theology is correct.

January 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
    • Ironicus

Except that moral relativism is already proven to be the case for everyone and your "moral absolutes" have been proven to not exist, along with your fake "god"...you brought a wet noodle to a gun fight...

January 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
    • Puzzled

I think it's clear that you've bought into moral relativism. Let's not go ad populum on it.

January 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
    • Puzzled

I think ReligionIs4Dolts is the one who believes in noodles.

January 14, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
  9. snookie

I think Tebow is a good decent man and somehow people want to make fun of that? Why? It's better to worship some actor strung out on drugs in and out of jail that someone who has actually made something out of themselves and is decent.

I think people who put him down are just jealous. He has made something of himself and believes in something. He isn't some fat slob posting dumb comments in the internet working some menial job He is also attractive and could have a supemodel but I suppose he would rather not have some shallow bimbo who divorces him and takes him for everything a few years after marriage.

January 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm |
    • Jim

"It's better to worship some actor strung out on drugs in and out of jail that someone who has actually made something out of themselves and is decent."

Are you suggesting that Tebow is worthy of worship?

January 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
  10. Patty700

some are in the spot light and some are not but salvation is for ANYONE who believes.John 3:16

January 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm |
    • Ironicus

Show me proof and I'll believe. Not before. But you can't.
      It's not for everyone, just the mentally ill.

January 14, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
    • ashrakay

Salvation from what—Intellect and reason?

January 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
  11. ReligionIs4Dolts

I don't know about anyone else, but I have not seen the artificial insemination of Mary or the birth of Christ or the resurrection of Christ or any of the "miracles" of Christ on YouTube. If only "god" could have either waited until the Internet existed (or why didn't "he" just make it so that it could have existed 2000 years ago? being all-powerful as "he" allegedly is)? Having a second hand account of something written down 2000 years ago by people that had no knowledge of science and very limited knowledge of their surroundings does not make for a very credible story. Sorry! Especially since it was written down decades after any eyewitness accounts could have occurred, and especially since it was based on a religion that was itself based on other pre-existing religions from the region (Persia, Greece, Egypt). It's a freakin' HOAX and yet here we are in the 21st century and people still believe this tripe! What's it gonna be like in another thousand years? In another TEN thousand years? You know Jesus is said to have allegedly said that he was "coming right back".
    (Matthew 24:34) "Verily, I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
    –I'd say his generation is already dust.

January 14, 2012 at 8:08 pm |
    • cigarlover6

The hypocrites would find solution around to good questions you asked 🙂
      Just give them some time before they cook up an answer. Just like to refute evolution, they come with this laughable "intelligent design"....

January 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
    • Scott

Psalm 14:1 "The fool has said in his heart there is no God"

January 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
    • cigarlover6

And a fool names scot, cites the existence of god from a book written by who knows who (may be a smart sheep herder) 2000 years ago... LOL. What ignorance :(... or may be what brain washing by the parents and community around... 😦

Hey Scot the smarty pants, did you know that after "your" messenger/son, came so many other messengers. Particularly one is worth mentioning, who said, I am the final prophet and no other messengers would come after me... if you don't know who that is, just do some research. One thing I must say, this desert Baudoin was slightly smarter than the previous sheep herder in that he said, "I am the final messenger"... LOL.. what smartness for the time. And here you see even after 2K years of knowledge, the ignorant of both are still citing....

January 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm |
    • ashrakay

@Scott, The Harry Potter books say that your shouldn't use Voldemort's name. What's your point?

January 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm |
  12. Tebow isnt kneeling to praise God!

He is tuning in to the telepathic commands from his Dark Lord....SAURON!!!! AAAAAAGGGHGHHGGHHGHH!!!!

January 14, 2012 at 8:08 pm |
  13. ReligionIs4Dolts

Man did not just pop into existence 6,000 years ago. The fossil record shows that modern humans came onto the scene about 30,000 years ago, around the same time that Neanderthals died out. So why did an all-knowing, all-powerful "god" wait so long to deliver what is apparently such an important message as "how to be saved for all of eternity"? Why did this bumbling idiot of a "god" just let countless generations of humans live out their lives without an answer to this seemingly all-important question? And on top of that, why did this "god" plant his alleged "son" in the Middle East at a time when the message could not have spread any faster than a snail's pace around the globe, thereby further allegedly "damning" countless souls to an alleged "hell" because there would be no way for them to possibly hear the alleged "good news" until many years/centuries later?

January 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
    • b4bigbang

@ReligionIs4Dolts: Again, u r stating (w/out admitting) that in your OPINION Man is 30,000 yrs old, Neanderthal, etc, etc.
      Many scientists reject today's mainstream view of Darwinism and other sciences which back an old earth.
      There are also top scientists who are Chrisitan yet believe in an old Earth, so u r really just opinionating in the negative re God's existence.

January 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
    • ReligionIs4Dolts

The fossil record does not lie. Those remains do not get formed in deep rock without having been subjected to geological forces over spans of time that are relatively large compared to how long it's been since Jeezus was here. Not only that, there is carbon dating (and other forms of radioactive isotope dating) that pinpoint at least within a relatively minuscule margin of error (no where close to even +/- 1000 years, so 30,000 years would be plenty ancient enough to contradict any "theory" that man just popped onto the scene 6,000 years ago) the era in which said fossils were formed. Read. Learn.

January 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
    • ashrakay

@b4bigbang, Evidence that is based on the decaying carbon half-life, is not an opinion—just like reading the temperature on a thermometer is not an opinion. There are quantifiable facts that exist in our universe which we classify as the laws of physics. They are testable, repeatable, verifiable consistencies. By definition, that means they are not opinion. Contrarily, stating that humans were created from dirt 6k years ago without providing any testable or verifiable evidence and denying evidence to the contrary is "opinion" and hearsay. It carries the same amount of weight as claiming that Zeus is throwing lightning bolts down on us and leprechauns are hording bold at the end of rainbows.

January 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
  14. b4bigbang

@ironicus: "You don't see it [the sun] at night and you can see that it is not in the sky above you at night – so you KNOW it is not there."

You're harming your case. The sun is still there, we just can't see it at night because the planet has revolved us away from seeing it. You could say it's "hiding" (poetically speaking), and the Bible states that God "hides" himself from the world of unbelievers as well.

January 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
    • Ironicus

You couldn't produce proof of your fake "god" if your LIFE depended on it!

I showed how you would KNOW that the sun wasn't above you in the night sky.
      That you would KNOW something didn't exist in that part of the sky and how it wouldn't be your OPINION but a simple observation.
      Just like how you KNOW there is no such thing as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy....it's the exact same kind of KNOWLEDGE and not an OPINION.

You want me to be a Christian? Just prove your "god" exists. Wouldn't you like a crown in Heaven? Help me out, save my "soul", show me how your fantasy world is not a fantasy world.

But you can't do it. It's literally impossible because your "god" most definitely does NOT exist.
      That's how the Tooth Fairy works, too...and all the other "gods" that have ever been worshiped by ignorant people as well.
      Do you really think Santa exists? Why not? Kids pray to Santa. Don't you think that's heresy? It violates the first commandment. Why don't you execute those children for heresy? Oh you don't follow that part of the Bible anymore?
      How about loving others as yourself? You love me but not my sin? Then why not sacrifice something to save my soul and prove your "god" exists?
      But you can't. It's not that you don't want to....it's that you CAN'T.....because your "god" does not exist!!

January 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
    • cigarlover6

hey ironicus.. your church said earth was FLAT. How did that work for ya? Still believing?

January 14, 2012 at 8:21 pm |

*facepalm*

January 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
  15. emma65

I'm an agnostic but I'll take Tebowing over playboy-ing anyday: a man who conceives a child with a woman and 'moves on' to another is a jerk.

January 14, 2012 at 7:53 pm |
    • Ironicus

What if Tebow did that? What if your "god" told a man to do that? Would he still be a "jerk"?

January 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
    • Lou

Brady left Moynahan before she knew she was pregnant. An honest mistake and it has nothing to do with him getting a woman pregnant and running - he had already moved on before either of them knew she was pregnant.

January 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
  16. kamana

When the christians first told the jews about Jesus Christ the jews told the christians there never was a jewish male of such description. Here we are thousands of years later and the jews continue to insist there never was a jew named Jesus Christ. But the christians continue to pretend that there was.

January 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
  17. 1967pennant

This is one mom who would MUCH rather have Tom Brady as a son. And it's not just because I'm from Boston!

January 14, 2012 at 7:48 pm |
    • lisa

Gosh, I'm a mom who would be glad not to have a son who got a woman pregnant out of wedlock and then abandoned her for another woman. Lots of reasons to like Brady but wanting a son to be like him is weird...

January 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • 1967pennant

Oh, come on. There's a lot more to him than just that, and as far as I can tell he seems to be a devoted father to both of his kids. He's also smart , dedicated to his craft and incredibly talented. Which is more than I can say for Tebow,

January 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm |
  18. DenverJ

Lets be real. Tebow's record as a starter in the NFL has demonstrated moderate success, not great. For a real example of a talented rookie quarterback, one should look at Andy Dalton of the Bengals. Tebow has had moments of stardom surrounded by a mostly mediocre record. Fortunately for Timmy, he has a great agent and superior PR team who has created a really likable image out of a clean cut religious fanatic.

January 14, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  19. ashrakay

I read that Jesus actually "Tebowed" when carrying his cross across the finish line.

January 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
  20. In the year 4012

The bible says that 2000 years ago Tebowus Christ sacrificed his career for us on this day and was cruelly sacked by the opposing defense after he did four useless Hail Mary's that were intercepted on the cruel field so that we can be free of sin. He rose again after being ground into the dirt by that tackle but still lost the game.

Those damn smart atheist liberals might ask embarrassing questions about why his omnipotent coach-daddy up high couldn't pull him from the game early before his butt got kicked while still saving us from sin but just ignore them and put your money in the collection plate. Bless ya'll thank y'all.

Same old same old same old.

January 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
    • LOLA

you should be a writer...just sayin.

January 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm |