home
RSS
January 18th, 2012

Hobby Lobby chief shows off his Bibles

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible • Christianity • TV-CNN Newsroom

1. Hello

here is a bible study book that he and everyone need to add to their bible collection.

you are invited to the best Sunday bible study class on the planet.

January 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  2. YapChong

Albert Einstein: God is a Product of Human Weakness
    The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
    if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him?

January 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
    • Hello

the Romans who wrote the Christian myth had a mission.. and it was NOT to save your soul or sorry azzz from hell . it was to save the empire...

January 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  3. AGuest9

Good. ANOTHER reason to dislike that store!

January 21, 2012 at 8:55 am |
  4. Prayer is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer takes people away from actually working on real solutions to their problems.
    Prayer contributes to global warming through excess CO2 emissions.
    Prayer fucks up your knees and your back.
    Prayer wears out your clothes prematurely.
    Prayer exposes your backside to pervert priests.
    Prayer prevents you from getting badly needed exercise.
    Prayer makes you fat.
    Prayer makes you hoard cats.
    Prayer wastes time.

January 20, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  5. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
    Prayer and the word of God
    Pray with the word of God
    Pray for the word of God
    Pray in agreement with the word of God
    Pray in Spirit and in Truth
    The word of God is Truth
    Pray without ceasing in 2012

January 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm |
  6. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
    Prayer upsets demons

January 19, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
    • Die.

please die.

January 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
    • Puzzled

But you said before that it angers demons. Now it only upsets them?

January 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
    • just sayin

it would appear that prayer both angers and upsets demons

January 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • HellBent

Demons are self important, jealous busy bodies. They get upset and angry when people talk to the big guy in the sky because then they don't get the attention. It's kind of like only child syndrome for magical beings. Everyone knows this – I'm not sure why we're even bothering to mention it.

January 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
    • AGuest9

Demons, much like your god, don't exist.

January 21, 2012 at 8:56 am |
  7. MsMello

I hope this eventually travels to my area. I would love to see this collection.

January 19, 2012 at 7:29 am |
    • TruthPrevails

In need of some good fiction, are you? There are some better author's out there than the 40 plus who wrote the bubyull.

January 19, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • fred

TruthPrevails
      I have noticed your purpose is to attack the Bible and Jesus at every possible turn. I will pray for you because it sounds very much like you are struggling to hang onto your hate which tells me you were perhaps once a Christian. Perhaps you might consider why you were once Christian and what truth you once saw. I come from the other direction of a godless person to the sudden amazement of the glory of God and all that has been created from love.

January 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  8. gupsphoo

This is stupid. They have no archeological value whatsoever. They're in English!

January 19, 2012 at 2:19 am |
    • bobcat

and translated into that language fron latin form greek, greek from Hebrew, and hebrew from various sub languages

January 19, 2012 at 5:29 am |
    • Sweep

and Native American

January 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  9. Ban Religion

It's time to run for political office. My slogan:

Concentration camps for christians.

January 19, 2012 at 12:37 am |
  10. Jim

I guess everyone needs a hobby. At least Jay Leno has cars, they're non-fiction and have some utility. Too bad he didn't figure out a way to actually do something productive with his cash.

January 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
    • THE BIBLE IS GARBAGE

WHY SHOULD HE? IT'S HIS MONEY. IT'S NOT YOURS. DOES JAY LENO TELL YOU HOW TO BE PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR MONEY? DOES ANYONE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR MONEY? PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT LEAD COUNTRIES TO COMMUNISM.

January 18, 2012 at 10:08 pm |
    • Jim

So it would be safe to say that people like you telling me what I should think will lead us to a Totalitarian, Big Brother style government with 'thought crimes'? So I think collecting old fictional works is a waste of time, big deal? I also think typing in all caps is annoying, but hey, more power to ya!

January 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • Bo

Jim: People collect all sorts of things. I had an aunt that collected matchbook covers–totally useless, but she enjoyed it. I had a neighbor that collected ashtrays from hotels, motels, restaurants, and anywhere she could find them and pick them up–how many can you use. Another person I knew collected business cards, and what about all those baseball cards, postage stamps and comic books (fiction of course) etc. So everyone to his/her fancy. What do you like to collect–complaints?

January 18, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
    • The Phist

Wait a minute, Jim. You're saying you think it's alright to tell someone how to spend someone's money, but you have a problem with someone taking issue with that? Sounds to me like you're the one with the Totalitarian-style system in mind. Way to try and spin that one around. Nothing personal, but you come off like a complete retard here. Congratulations.

January 18, 2012 at 11:18 pm |
    • The Phist

And by the way, I don't see anyone telling you how you should think. My my, what a wounded little animal you are.

January 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
  11. john

i love jesus but hate religions

January 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
    • THE BIBLE IS GARBAGE

JUST ANOTHER REASON TO STAY AWAY FROM THE HOBBY LOBBY AND ITS USELESS BIBLES.

January 18, 2012 at 9:57 pm |
    • john

let me guess you only read crappy aitheist books right garbage figures why dont you learn to read something else that isnt full of lies like the bible at least it tells the truth

January 19, 2012 at 12:16 am |
    • MsMello

A friend of mine posted this week. I like it. I have a belief that does not fit well with organized religions.

January 19, 2012 at 7:31 am |
    • TruthPrevails

"why dont you learn to read something else that isnt full of lies like the bible at least it tells the truth"

What Atheist books are there?? The buybull isn't full of lies???

Are you in grade 1?? Any person with an eighth of a brain can see the lies told in the buybull...the virgin birth; the resurrection of a dead man after 3 days; a person walking on water; a man surviving for 3 days while in the belly of whale; women abuse if good; child abuse is good...sounds a lot like lies to the average open-minded person.

January 19, 2012 at 7:43 am |
    • Mike from CT

Open minded to what?

the presupposition that miracles do not exist. Now that Wikipedia is back on line you may want to research the term open minded

January 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@Mike: Miracles don't exist!!! There is no evidence to prove they do! I'm not as uneducated as the morons still believing in the buybull. If you use wiki for your answers, you're as deluded as most people who think the buybull is the word of god. When one believes in the buybull or accepts something without or just on belief, they are closed-minded. When one stops looking for answers, they are closed minded. When one as.sumes that because he buybull says so, it must be true-they are closed minded...get it????

January 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  12. THE BIBLE IS GARBAGE

SCREW HOBBY LOBBY. I WON'T BE SHOPPING THERE ANYMORE FOR GLITTER AND GLUE.

January 18, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
    • Hello

As an atheist I still shop at HL...I have no problem buying items produced in 3rd world countries produced by slave children in the name of god.

January 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
  13. Maggie

I'm a humanist. For you ignorant folk, that means I believe humans are and can be good, without any of these primitive myths called "gods." I'm also an avid crafter, and I won't set foot in a Hobby Lobby. I will not support organizations that force their christian beliefs on others.

January 18, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
    • Bo

Maggie: Tell us, how has any religion been “shoved down your throat” in a Hobby Lobby store? I have been in Hobby Lobby Stores many times and never once was was I ever approached by anything that sounded religious, until this post I had no idea that the Hobby Lobby chief was even religious, or who he was for that matter. I think you are just wanting to sound off!

January 18, 2012 at 11:16 pm |
    • Kate

Bo,
      Hobby Lobby is full of religious items. We have brand new store by my house has Christian decor galore! Many of the children's books are Christian. Many of the end caps and islands are full of Christian montage.

You sir, do not know what you are talking about.

January 18, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
    • The Phist

Bo isn't exactly intelligent by any stretch of the word.

January 19, 2012 at 12:06 am |
  14. Movies

A nice collection. I still want to see the dead sea scrolls.

January 18, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
    • just sayin

The joy of life is the Word of God

January 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
    • The Greatest Adventure

@just sayin
      Joy indeed. The word of God is amazing. What could be better than the word of God? My what it does to me.

January 18, 2012 at 9:22 pm |
    • The Phist

Too bad the dead sea scrolls weren't destroyed in a volcanic eruption.

I'm, ya know. Just saying.

January 18, 2012 at 9:26 pm |
    • The Greatest Adventure

The joy of God gives me cancer.
      The joy of God allows drunk drivers to kill my children on their way to the prom.
      The joy of God allows the bottom dwellers of our socient to discriminate against minorities and allow it to stand as a norm.
      The joy of God rips the heart out of families every day with terrible news of disease and tragedy.
      The joy of God allows famine.
      The joy of God allows thousands to be killed in Earthquatkes, Tsunamis, Floods and fires.
      The joy of God allows priest and other pedophiles to destroy the lives of inncocent children.
      The joy of God..........my hands are starting to hurt from typing about all this joy.

Thanks God.

January 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • Sheik Yerbouti

Hey Just sayin....
      Tell us all about the joy of God in your life!

January 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • Sheik Yerbouti

Just Sayin, tell us about the work of God god dam mongorian sum beeeeeeeth. Make me so Angreeeeeeeeeeeee!
      Oops, sorrry.

January 18, 2012 at 9:44 pm |
    • shut up, herbie

herbie, shut up.

January 18, 2012 at 9:46 pm |
    • Bo

The Greatest Adventure: You are giving the wrong person credit for those “joys”. God does allow the disasters, but only to show how wicked Satan really is. And some day, God will say: Enough is enough, let it be finished, and all sin will be eradicated. Will you be there to experience that "joy"? On which side will you chose to be?

January 18, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
    • Mittardus Romneveris

Bo, are you suggesting that God did not make satan?

January 18, 2012 at 11:44 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

January 19, 2012 at 12:09 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you babbled this post "BO!!!!! Snap out of it. Did God create Satan or not?? God is EVIL. Admit the truth you stupid festering dum a.s.s.!!!!"

Answer: Ungodly, God did create satan and angels were given free will. Free will to do good or free will to do evil just like man.

Keep watching and listening to B. Maher, and you too, can remain childlike in your misunderstanding of Jesus' wisdom. Don't forget to t-i-the to his next movie or debut in a city near you. LOL.

Amen.

January 19, 2012 at 9:16 am |
    • Ungodly Discipline

January 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Ungodly Discipline, you posted "Heaven Sent! I was afraid you choked on some moldy cheese. Thank goodness you are back.

To the point, you have one week-ass God there if he can't fight off a little evil of his own making. I would never worship that dweeb. Give me a God with some flippin' balls baby."

Answer: You missed or skipped over my last post. I wrote that God gave us (and the angels too) free will. Free will to love and follow Him (for humans that would be to love and follow Jesus (truth) or love and follow satan (lies). In this earth age (being the 2nd earth age for those that don't know (or care less) how to cross reference the books of the Bible) evil is what (some) men produce (meaning [some] women too). God allows free will in this test from Him, called life.

Amen.

January 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • MartinT

Gotta just love the Free Will argument. Now, where is that again in the Bible? That kind of goes along with "he works in mysterious ways" and my Mom's favorite, "Because I said so" arguments. Weak, lame, and clearly little more than appologetics.

January 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • Hello

what could be better than the word of god?

knowing who the REAL creators were of the mythic book and it REAL purpose.

January 21, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
  15. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

January 18, 2012 at 7:38 pm |
    • The Phist

Yes, it's how catholic priests covertly make requests for private visits from children.

January 18, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

When kneeling in prayer
      Take time to share
      The love and care
      Of God
      Prayer changes things
      Prayer enrages demons
      Prayer confirms heaven
      Prayer convicts the lost
      Prayer really changes things

January 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm |
    • The Phist

Prayer isn't the only thing they're kneeling for.

January 18, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
    • Nine changes things. The Frequency is Nine

The frequency is nine.
      The frequency is nine.
      The frequency is nine.

January 18, 2012 at 9:14 pm |
    • An ode to Prayer

January 18, 2012 at 9:50 pm |
  16. The Phist

Correction:

Hobby Lobby chief shows off his fireplace kindling

January 18, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
  17. Bob

Intriguing and fascinating!!!!

January 18, 2012 at 6:17 pm |
  18. *frank*

I'd like to be outraged but I don't feel like watching the video...well, I guess it doesn't matter....this is an outrage!!!!

January 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
  19. Ungodly Discipline

I want to comment on this story.

January 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
    • Undisciplined dog

I don't

January 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • typing away

I'm on the internet!!!!!!

January 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm |
    • Underdog's House of Discipline and Bondage

I'm not on the internet

January 18, 2012 at 11:59 pm |
    • we dont need no water

i'm on the internet too!!!

January 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
  20. MartinT

Whoopie! Another set of religious icons to parade around. I wonder if he has a bit of bone or some hair, too? I might be able to take it seriously IF it were part of a historical collection that was being studied, but to just show it off, oh yay.....

January 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm |