home
RSS
January 26th, 2012

Oral Roberts' gay grandson promotes 'Gay Agenda' tour

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Gay rights • TV-CNN Newsroom

1. Keith

Wont it be a hoot when all you judgmental bible thumpers get to the promised land, and find out god and Jesus are two different men....and they are gay lovers..............

February 22, 2012 at 8:58 pm |
  2. Maria

I just don't believe it! Oral Roberts grandson a gay! wahooo is Oral still alive? beacuse if he is dead he will turn from the grave! all the talk about sin and sinners and here we have a gay in the family what a riot! a RIOT! lol lol lol

February 22, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
  3. awasis

The guy's name is Oral? The only thing better would be if his middle initial was A and his last name was Butt.

February 22, 2012 at 6:45 am |
  4. Christopher

I can see the the definite rebellion, and confusion in all this, and I can understnad how free the grandson must belive he is experiencing. But, how can one man, wrap up with another man, and think, that it's ok? Simple nature comes to thought. I'm a man, my natural desire, is to have a woman, as my wife and children, Godly children. Sin will never leave this world, but that doesn't mean we have to welcome it. It really is quite sad for the grandson, that he thought he needed to go this far to be free, he stopped fighting, now he's in a prison, a prison, he put himself in. Smile all he wants, but anger and rebellion make up his cell, manifested in the arms of another man. God show compassion on him. Peace

February 21, 2012 at 8:33 pm |
    • awasis

Please spare us your judgmental religious baloney.

February 22, 2012 at 6:41 am |
    • awchoo

different strokes for different forks

February 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Bus2

Christian bigotry is still bigotry.

February 23, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • f. fiasco

Wait... did you just say you want Godly children? So you're a Catholic priest then?

February 24, 2012 at 4:24 am |
  5. King Kong Kolob

I am Kolob and he can come to my planet where he can have many, many husbands.

February 21, 2012 at 12:45 am |
  6. tea party

not a choice...we are born one way or the other ...no matter what your religion is you did not choose to be straight,left handed,mentally retarded,black,white ,male ,female ,....

February 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
    • enoch100

I don't know. I think I chose to be stupid.

February 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
    • Willie

It's a choice. Bible should not be used to get rich. This is not the theme of the bible, he was never a true believer, but that is between him and God. He will paid for that, and may God have mercy on him, in the meantime because of this sin, satan got a hold of his son. Now he has the spirit of gay demon. It's a choice. It's a spiritual battle and satan will take as many people with him to hell. Make fun now, but remember you read this when you pass on to meet your maker.Jesus is for everyone and obey him No one is perfect all come short of the glory of God. He loves every person but desires every person to be in Heaven. Sin is sin. Oral had sin in his life and now it's showing up big in his family.

February 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
    • Willie

Jesus is the truth and he loves you all. Dont let satan control you ...call on Jesus' name. may the lord be with you all....

February 20, 2012 at 11:27 pm |
    • awchoo

THEY CAN'T HELP THE WAY THEY ARE GEARED

February 22, 2012 at 3:12 pm |
  7. Mark

Good for them! I served this country to defend the rights of ALL Americans! In America the right thing will be dine after all!

February 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  8. laelae

First, its disturbing that so many people who are against oppression are the ones being so hateful. This man is an adult and has the right to do whatever he wishes, and CNN should not be mischievously linking his choices to his grandfather. Oral Roberts was a great man and some of us will always love and respect him.
    That said, atheists, theists, and whatever you are, remember you don't have a monopoly of freedom, I believe there is a God, and I have the right to believe so. I and most Christians who have never threatened, insulted,demeaned or hated on anyone because they don't believe in God find it disturbing so see so many "free" people spewing out hatred on Christians. I am starting to wonder who is truly being oppressed. Being a Christian in America is starting to feel like a crime. But guess what, that makes me love God and Jesus more.

February 20, 2012 at 5:13 am |
    • Joe Gets

Just one question, if Jesus and God are one then why do you explicitly mention both of them in your last sentence ("makes me love God and Jesus more"). The truth is regardless of how hard Christians try to believe in the Trinity they will always see Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit as 3 beings and not 1.

February 20, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Dennis

Joe, get with the program, he was born a demi-god and became a god. It's the story of Hercules all over again.

February 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • Cindy

I agree. You see the Christians writing hateful things on most of the comments. That says something right there.

February 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • TheSchmaltz

Hateful people perform crimes in Christianity's name and use Christianity as their justification. When someone mentions what they think God wants, it's usually followed by whose freedoms they want to take away for their own good. I know you aren't all like that, but I have to keep reminding myself because they're the loudest and I rarely hear their more reasonable bretheren speak out against them.

I understand what it's like. I'm an atheist. You know what kind of shady characters get shackled to me when I say that?

February 22, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  9. Ed

Nice looking fellow & he seems to be free of a lifelong burden but he could have been a bit more discreet. He just happens to be related to a big name Evangelist I watched from time to time decades ago & he can hopefully help remove or tone down some of the violent aspects of others as far as the issue is concerned. He actually had 3 kids so something else also had to be very powerful.

February 20, 2012 at 12:25 am |
  10. achepotle

It is heartening to know that someone can turn out as seemingly healthy and normal after being raised in such a hate-filled environment.

February 18, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
    • Andy

Who is it that you hate I wonder. . .

February 19, 2012 at 11:20 am |
    • laelae

And how do know he was raised in a hate filled environment? Did you live with them? Or is it just because his family is Christian?

February 20, 2012 at 5:17 am |
  11. teaformorons

ever heard of the word "Karma"? Thanks to Eastern philosophers for coining the term! I am happy for the two young men though. Peace be with them.

February 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm |
  12. Paul Stuart

Comment above was probably the best: Oral's Offsprings are Anal! So fitting and reflective of pedophile church.

February 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
    • Ed

Hey, don't kick a dead man who tried to do good. for people. You have to wonder if it's a recruiting job...

February 20, 2012 at 12:42 am |
  13. WDinDallas

Sick people, sick minds. Bet'cha he has HIV too!

February 13, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
    • YO!

"Sick people, sick minds. Bet'cha he has HIV too!"

Only a stupid prejudice bigot would write something like that, because the experts have proven otherwise.

February 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm |
    • vee

Talk about a sick mind...you fit that bill exactly!!

February 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
    • CTexas

Another cookie-cutter Dallas Republican. You are laughably predictable in your sentiments.

February 18, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • billsf

What people like yourself don't realize is that by gay men getting married the likelihood of them getting hiv are reduced significantly, ( actually to zero if they're monogomous). This saves the taxpayers alot of money that can be used to educate people like yourself instead.
      It's never too late to go back to high school and get your GED.

February 19, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  14. David

I'm a happy Atheist, but I don't know this is the last life. It's just that a creator never made any sense in light of what we know. I've always looked at it as where ever I go, trillions of others have gone as well over tens of thousands of years. Whenever religion tries to tie a creator to what is commonly known about the earth, plants, animals and the outer space, it either has to change it's story to suite the culture or kill a lot of people. As far as gay rights, I see that as the last civil rights revolution for America. With every new generation there is less and less concern about anyone being gay. That my friend is 'evolution' (but this time with a cause)

February 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
    • coach turner

David, I am a happy creationist and see the last great civil rights struggle as being for the protection of pre-natal human life,,,, I believe that a woman has the right to determine what happens to her body but she doesn't have the right to kill a child just because it's in her body. Just as no man has the right to force a woman to do what she doesn't want to, a woman doesn't have the right to kill the child inside her,,,even though it is inside her body, how would that grant her authority to kill the childs body???

February 20, 2012 at 3:15 am |
    • hernando

with each new generation there is less conviction against the gay lifestyle thanks to the corrupting influence of the media. God, however never changes.. He still says the gay lifestyle is wrong while at the same time loves the sinner

February 20, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • awchoo

coach turner: where did that come from they weren't talking about KILLING

February 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
  15. gene1o

Oral, anal, put you john henry in robert's!

February 11, 2012 at 2:15 am |
  16. Plug1

Oral does oral.

February 9, 2012 at 9:14 pm |
  17. Freshpainter

Dear GFSG,

I am also a VERY HAPPY atheist, so now you have met two. I know there are many, many more, too! I agree wholeheartedly with Jespo – This is our only life, so enjoy the HELL out of it. It is our only chance to shine. It's an utterly AWESOME and AMAZING place we live, and every SECOND is precious!

Hate has no place in religion. Jesus says to love everyone. How's that for a challenge?

Use your power for good.

February 9, 2012 at 7:20 pm |
    • Plug1

Of course your happy now,just wait....

February 9, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
    • gene1o

Ihave to join with Plug 1! Your
      I have to join with Plug1! Your (sic) happy now, your (sic) happy now, your heart ain't achin an' breakin nohow; but yalll be sad an' blue, yall be burnin two, when god finishes cryin over you......... Yes you have a price to pay for bein happy, Yall jus wait an see. Speakin a joinin, where wud ya like ta plug it, One?

February 11, 2012 at 2:31 am |
    • Patrick

Ditto. Happy atheist here.

February 13, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • Autumn

Dude, hate is the flesh and bone of religion.

February 15, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  18. hiltz006

Oral Roberts offspring became Anal Roberts.

Who would have thunk?

February 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
  19. Jespo

Well now you have! I love my my planet and can't wait till scientists find another one where life evolved as well. I love and cherish my life more preciously than you do because I'll only have one. I'm not greedy, when i die, it's ok...make room for the next baby please. I am rarely, if ever, miserable. There , now go and serve the lord my son, and try not to hate others too much...it's bad.

February 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  20. GFSG

I have never met a happy Atheist. I guess if I knew that this horrible place called Earth was the only life I would have, I would be miserable too.

February 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
    • Jespo

Well, now you have. Life is beautiful; I love my planet and can't wait till we find evolved life on others; and I rarely, if ever, am miserable. There, you are saved. No go and free others.

February 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
    • Eric

Well guess what, they exist. I don't believe in god and I have a full, satisfying life and I would have to say I'm quite a happy person. One of my best friends was miserable as a Mormon, left the church, came out as gay, and has been living very happily with his partner for 14 years now, and he's an atheist as well today. Knowing that this life is all you have makes every living moment more precious.

February 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm |
    • Megaflow

The reason why there are so many happy atheists (and how you've avoided meeting any I don't know – perhaps you're projecting?) is this: we know this is the only life we get, so we're making the most of it. We tend to be more helpful to our fellow humans, want to protect the earth for future generations, and generally like life the way it is. We don't need the promise of a beautiful afterlife to get us through the our days, and we don't spend our time worrying about how others worship a god that's slightly different from our own. We'd like crazy religious nuts to stop trying to force their belief into every aspect of our lives – other than that, the world is pretty much what we want to make of it!

February 12, 2012 at 11:23 am |
    • Patrick

That is a common misconception of theists, understandably so as theists tend to view those without belief as somehow wrong, damaged, evil, or any number of misconceived notions.
      I think the main reason that atheists are so content and well-adjusted is that they have more freedom than theists.

February 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • Autumn

Try again. How many atheists do you even know? And would you assume they must be unhappy because it hurts you so much to imagine your own life without a delusional fear of imaginary damnation? The trick is to try to imagine life from outside your own perspective, baby steps, and when that fails go ask your friendly local atheist how he manages to find happiness without constant supernatural supervision.

February 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
    • tallulah13

I'm a little late in the game but here goes: You probably know several happy atheists. You probably just don't know that they ARE atheists, because religion generally doesn't come up in polite conversation. I have known people for years without knowing their religious affiliation. Personally, I like people for how they act, not what church they go to.

February 20, 2012 at 1:01 am |
    • Ran

GFSG..... Spoken like a true Christian. You truly are a beacon of hope from which God is shinning his light down upon. Your cup is surely full.

February 20, 2012 at 7:09 pm |
    • tea party

so obvious it is not a choice ..we are born straight or g-ay. if it was a choice we would be attracted to both then choose one or the other.....any religious pin head who disagrees with me must be bi se-xual and chooses to be straight

February 20, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
    • it.cuts.both.ways

i'm a happy atheist, with happy atheist friends. actually, the only time i've been unhappy about being an atheist was when other people would say incredibly mean and rude things to me, or threaten me because i wouldn't subscribe to religion. though, to be fair, for every hateful religious person there was at least another one that was accepting of me. 🙂 the world is full of all sorts of different people, and they each have something to offer everyone else. and whether or not you believe in an afterlife, THIS life is too short and precious to spend focusing on trivial differences.

February 24, 2012 at 12:02 am |