home
RSS
February 12th, 2012

At church where Houston got start, congregants gather to mourn and reminisce

By the CNN Wire Staff

NEWARK, New Jersey (CNN) - As the sun rose the morning after Whitney Houston's death, congregants at the Baptist church where she began her singing career as a member of the junior gospel choir gathered to mourn, pray and share stories of the pop superstar.

The Houston family has been "inseparable" from New Hope Baptist Church, Pastor Joe A. Carter said in an interview Saturday night, and Whitney would continue to visit throughout her life.

Carter led the congregation in a prayer service for Whitney Houston on Sunday morning, "petitioning the Lord on behalf of Whitney's daughter, her mother, and the entire Houston Family," according to a statement on the church's website.

Houston, 48, was found dead Saturday by her bodyguard at a Beverly Hills, California, hotel.

Whitney Houston's mom, Cissy Houston - herself a renowned gospel singer - was director of sacred music at the church for 54 years and is still a member there.

Asked whether he had spoken to Cissy Houston, Carter said Sunday he had, and "she needs our prayers and support."

"Whitney was a mother, a daughter, a sister, and that's the focus that we want to keep in front of everyone today, to continue to lift the family up and respect this time of grief."

Those arriving for the service Sunday at the large brick church in a residential stretch of Newark were quiet and somber. Reporters were not allowed inside. One woman leaving Sunday services said the flock had prayed for Houston's family.

Church member Karen Winfield told CNN New York affiliate WABC that she has followed the Houstons’ musical careers for 60 years and has heard Whitney and Cissy Houston sing at the church.

“Her and her family have been real legends up North,” she said Sunday, referring to Whitney.  "So I'm here to support them at this time of sorrow.”

“I haven't slept - I've been up all night,” she said. “Just going over, listening to her songs and reminiscing about her life. And what's going to happen to her daughter. Her mom. Her brothers. But she's in a better place.”

Alvin Sims, associate minister at New Hope, called Houston a “powerful, powerful woman.”

“I have never heard a voice like hers, never” he told WABC. “That certainly is a gift from God.”

Whitney was born in Newark in 1963 and was soloing in the junior choir by age 11, according to the All Music Guide. "Whitney's mother and cousins nurtured her passion for gospel music since birth," according to Houston's official website. Her cousins include singers Dee Dee Warwick and Dionne Warwick, and her godmother was Aretha Franklin.

As a teenager, Houston would accompany her mother in concert.

A video posted on the Internet sharing site YouTube shows a young Houston singing the lead on the gospel song, "Have a Little Talk with Jesus," at the church.

The church's history is "deeply associated with the power of Whitney's voice and the influence that she's had, not only in this church but across the world," Carter said. "We're saddened at this loss."

One of the country's highest profile pastors, T.D. Jakes, said Sunday that Houston had completed work on a remake of the film "Sparkle," on which Jakes is a producer.

"We ask the world to join us in lifting up Whitney's family in prayer and ask God for their strength and comfort during this devastatingly difficult time," the Dallas, Texas based Jakes said in a statement. "At the apex of her career, Whitney had no peer, with a voice that shaped a generation. She has left behind a musical and film legacy that will endure."

Cissy Houston got her musical start in her family's gospel troupe and went on to record her own albums and to provide backup vocals to well-known soul and pop acts.

New Hope Baptist began operating in a Newark home in 1903, originally led by a preacher from North Carolina.

"As the world mourns the loss of one of the all-time greats, we in Newark feel an especially deep sadness," Newark Mayor Corey Booker said in a statement Saturday night. "She went from a Newark church to the global stage, but she always remained a deep part of our pride and collective heart."

"This church, the church that Whitney grew up in, is calling for prayer for her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, her mother ... and the entire Houston family and Whitney's fans," Carter said, appealing for privacy on behalf of the church and Houston's family.

–CNN's Poppy Harlow, Deb Feyerick, Laura Dolan and Dan Gilgoff contributed to this report.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Christianity • Music • Uncategorized

1. Halo of Flies

@just sayin

Hi Just Sayin

February 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • marotte

more like "jest sayin" - she is always so entertaining

jester, joker, jokester, fool, prankster, or buffoon

February 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

I would say stupid, but ok.

February 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  2. Halo of Flies

@sugarmama

IF YOU STAR IN A REALITY SHOW HIGH ON C R A C K AND FORCE YOUR HUSBAND TO DIG POO OUT OF YOUR A.S.S ON NATIONAL TELEVISION YOU DON'T GET MUCH SYMPATHY. SORRY.

You iz what you iz.

February 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Halo, the sympathy cop

glad to see the sympathy police out to be sure the fair amount of sympathy is dolled out, wouldn't want it to be unfairly given out

February 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • don

i would have loved to have got in her pantys while she was alive. now i would need the ky for sure

February 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
    • on eBay

they are for sale on eBay, you don't need KY

February 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

I greive for those that actually love her (family). Fuk her and her fans. Better people than her die every minute.

February 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • KY?

what does Kentucky have to do with eBay?

February 12, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  3. RightTurnClyde

I am really bummed. So sad to lost this incredible woman. She was the best of the best. Actually a national treasure. So sad now and since I heard that news. God will receive her and she will have a special place in the Kingdom.

February 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • special place in the kindom

well said, but a special place for those posting with 'truth' as part of their name – no, not so much

some really low class posting on this article, just some nasty posts that are nothing but random mean-ness from some people that apparently have no life out side of their computers

February 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

I feel so bad for this self-serving diva who had every opportunity handed to her but instead selfishly played the "me" card and is now dead, just as she new she would be. Probably later than she anticipated. She had a wonderful voice. So what. I greive for her loved ones though. And that's truth.

February 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • i wonder

"kindom" ? Is that where the rule is by the incestuous?

February 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@special place in the kindom: I have quite the good life because I live for me and those I love in this world. I use truth because unlike the buybull that is full of outdated fear-mongering, I believe in science and living in the 21st century. It is sad that you hypocrites can't live the same way.

February 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • just sayin

to liar prevails
      BULL SH IT

February 12, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
    • and the tuth shall set you free

you don't sound free, you sound bitter

February 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • I meant 'truth' but

but 'tuth' sounds better anyway, with my speech impediment it actually fits

February 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@just spewin': how do you know that what I said was bs? you have no damn way of knowing what my life is nor is it any of your damn business!! Just because I don't live the same delusions you do does not make my life of any less value!! The information I speak is based on fact not some book written by men who never met one another...it is based in the 21st century. I'm not bitter, I'm just sickened that you people keep holding back society! Get over yourselves and stop being so blind!! Atheists are coming up in numbers and you'll never stop that!

February 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • just sayin

To liar prevails Total
      BULL SH IT

February 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
    • So?

I understand what protects atheists from believers. I do not know what will protect believers from atheists.

February 12, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • joe

ky jelly

February 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Just sayin
      You are being incorrect in calling the post bull sh it. Bull sh it can be used for fertilizer and has some value.

February 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@just spewin: I've stated nothing that is bs. My life is wonderful and it's not for you to judge. I refuse to believe without evidence...I live in accordance with the laws that govern the land not the laws that are governed by a god that can't damn well be proven to exist. You are the liar here not me. Now back to your buybull and respect the sabbath because presently you are committing a sin by doing some anything on the sabbath!

@Alfred: just as useful as your buybull!

February 12, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Kentucky makes jelly?

I guess they make burbon, why not jelly

they are selling jelly on eBay?

February 12, 2012 at 7:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Ooh, just lyin'! Swearing? On Sunday to boot? Jesus will weep for you.

February 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

TruthPrevails, unfortunately, you're still a walking, talking, spiritual dead head.

Amen.

February 12, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@HS: And unfortunately you're still using oxygen meant for rational minded people. Have you forgotten that Atheists don't believe in spirits...that is your term not ours?

February 13, 2012 at 4:54 am |
    • only your twisted "truth"

nice try; you speak for no one other than yourself

February 13, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  4. zephyr

Yeah, church really made an impression on her life.............

February 12, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
    • Sugarmama

church really did make a impression on her. One thing about God, He is not like us. No matter what we do, He still love us and often times He keeps us even when we are killing our bodies with drugs and alcohol and bad behavior. He does not stop loving us for these things. WHATEVER WHITNEY SMOKED, SAID, SNORTED, SCREWED. ONCE A PERSON HAS THE UNDERSTANDING AND THE TRUTH OF GOD AND ASK AND ACCEPTS JESUS INTO THEIR LIVES THEY ARE SAVED FOREVER!(THAT'S CALLED THE GOOD NEWS) NOTHING!!! CAN EVER SEPARTE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD! DESPITE WHAT ANY OF YOU BELIEVE OR DON'T BELIEVE, WHITNEY HOUSTON WAS A BAPTISTED BELIEVER AND YESTERDAY SHE RECIEVED A NEW BODY AND A NEW LIFE WITH GOD. WILL YOU WHEN YOU DIE?

February 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
    • AGuest9

One other things about god not being like us – it doesn't exist.

February 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • Sugarmama

ZEPHYR, MY 2 CENT KNOW WHERE THE HELP AND THE WORK CAME FROM. YOU CANT GET OFF ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN. GOD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT THING IN OUR LIVES. THAT GOES FOR BELIEVERS AND NON BELIEVERS.

February 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • HeavenSent

AGuest9, it amazes me how many of you spiritual dead heads write on this blog 24/7 to complain about Jesus.

Amen.

February 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
    • jimtanker

@ heavenscent

Why would I complain about something that never did exist?

February 13, 2012 at 11:25 am |
  5. My 2 Cents

We have all made wrong choices in our lives. It's by the grace of God that we have not went off the deep end.
    To any needing proof of Jesus. I was addicted to drugs and He set me free of them. Cold turkey, no rehab. Just took one day. Haven't touched them in 2 years. He hears you when you cry out to Him. Just Believe....

February 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
    • zephyr

You set you free. Give credit to the person who did the work.

February 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
    • My 2 Cents

Whatever you may believe. I understand. I'll tell you this,If you ever get to the place where your not sure how to make it. You can cry out to Jesus. You will be heard.

February 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@My2Cents: Sorry wasn't god that saved me...I saved me. It was my decision to pick myself up and do something with my life, no god involvement needed. Once the shackles of belief were gone I was free to live without fear and do so for the benefit of me. You are only using the excuse of being 'saved' because it is easier than facing reality.

February 13, 2012 at 4:58 am |
    • My 2 Cents

TruthPrevails it's good that you have helped yourself. Let's say it was me that got myself free. All I know is, if I had hope in this life only. I would have no hope at all. I am a miserable person without Jesus. I know he is real because I feel him. Not trying to tell anyone how to live their life. Just saying my life has never been better and if anyone reading this has lost hope, try Jesus : )

February 13, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • jimtanker

It really is sad that you think so lowly of yourself. Maybe if you didn’t have religion in your life you might be a happier person.

February 13, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • what if?

happier or another drone, lots of non thinkers. Truth is that it is not religion but the large chip on your shoulder against religion that is the issue. Lots of big thinkers, scientists, artists have no problem with religion, the embrace it and find peace and happiness.

you have the problem with religion and feel the need to impose your problem, not the other way around

February 13, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • My 2 Cents

I don't think lowly of myself, sorry if I sounded like I was. I was putting smiley faces at the end of my comments lol. I've lived my life with and without Jesus. I'm happier than I have ever been with than without. The bible calls it "Joy unspeakable". That is a good description of how I feel. : ) <--- see a smiley face

February 13, 2012 at 11:18 am |
  6. Sugarmama

To truthprevails: The truth is that Jesus is alive! And even more He is Coming Back to get believers and to reveal the real truth to you lost dead souls. If you do not remember anything else, remember to find a series of books called "Left Behind" there are about 12 or 13 books in the series. These books contain crucial information that you and the others will need when it goes down. As far as your rights and the rights of the other posters keep talking crazy because crazy is as crazy does. I feel so sorry for you non believers. You are so pathetic.

February 12, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Typical christard response!!! You do realize that using the threat of you god delusion on a non-believer is futile...right? The burden of proof lies on the one claiming, so please back what you say!!!

February 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

As for us being pathetic...we're not the ones living in accordance to a 2000 year old book that has never been updated. We have nothing to fear and your delusions don't work on us.
      You are truly a hypocrite...try living in the 21st century.

February 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • Webster

Sugarmama,

Look up "gullible" in the dictionary. Your picture is there.

"Left Behind" my left behind!... and my right one too.

February 12, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • Sugarmama

To TruthPrevails and Webster. I love you. The Bible does not need to be updated because it too is alive just like its author. I really do love you guys and I hope one day you find the peace that surpasses all understanding. Please dont forget the Left Behind Series. Your left and right side of your behind will need it. Peace and love to you and yours.

February 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Look ole delusional one, the end of times has been predicted numerous times over and not one of you has ever gotten it right. Your zombie jesus is not returning because no-one returns from the dead-it is a scientific fact. As for your bubyull being alive...Wow!! there's a stupid statement!! Where is your proof for any of what you spew and please don't tell us to read a series of books written by people who believe in the same non-sense you do? Do you know anything about the author's of the buybull? Your god didn't author it, there is proof of that...there is further proof that it was written by man (the Bible is comprised of 66 Books written over a period of about 1,500 years by over 40 authors from all walks of life, with different kinds of personalities, and in all sorts of situations. It was written in three languages on three continents, and it covers hundreds of controversial subjects.). When your god or your jesus actually appear to man in the physical form we will then stand corrected but given that it will never happen in our life time, we have no reason to believe.

February 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land
      Prayer borrowed from the Canadian national anthem.

February 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • AGuest9

LOL! "Left Behind". The fiction from the 4,500 year old book isn't enough, read some NEW fiction. Oh, that was priceless.

February 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
    • John

Sorry sugarmomma, but Jesus is dead. It says so right in this video i found on the internet.

February 13, 2012 at 8:24 am |
  7. Casey

While I cherish the beautiful memories of great music that Whitney brought into my life and the lives of countless more, I cannot help but wish that she had stayed in the church singing for the Lord...she most likely would have never ended up this way. There is something about Hollywood and fame that tends to change a person and destroy them when they achieve greatness. I will miss Whitney. I remember saying to friends back when she married Brown that she was making a terrible mistake. I wish I was wrong. She could have done so much better. May God bless her family, especially her daughter who is now motherless.

February 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  8. Sugarmama

To kkkgirl, Better for you to ask your daddy and brothers since that like brownsugar more that white trash like you and your mama.

February 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

For such a god fearing person, you certainly are not acting like one!! You insulted a few people on here for their comments and now you're doing the same thing...hypocrisy in your world is a sin...enjoy your time in your hell because hypocrites don't change and given that it is your belief, you can enjoy it!

February 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
    • AGuest9

It's OK, TruthPrevails. The joke will be on her when it all goes dark and quiet and cold.

February 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • dark, quiet and cold

sounds like hide and go seek

February 13, 2012 at 11:18 am |
  9. Woody

An all too familiar story. A beautiful, talented, young girl attracts a charismatic, smooth talking sc-umbag who quickly leads her down the road to drugs and alcohol. The beautiful girl ends up being a not so beautiful corpse.
    The End.

February 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
    • HotAirAce

While many so-called friends and numerous hangers on, stand around and do virtually nothing. Yes, I know about her mother's efforts to intervene...

February 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  10. Hairbear

Old wise saying, if you can't say anything good about a person, don't say anything at all! RIP Whitney! You will be missed!

February 12, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
    • kkkgirl

Whitney wasn't composing music in her room, she was Decomposing in her tub!

February 12, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  11. Sugarmama

I CAN NOT IMAGINE HAVING TO PLAN A FUNERAL FOR MY CHILD. ALL OF YOU SICKOS WHO ARE MAKING FUN OF THIS VERY TRAGIC SITUATION MADE ME DO SOMETHING THAT I HAVE NOT DONE IN A LONG TIME-IN TOO LONG OF A TIME. I PRAYED. I PRAYED FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON'S MOTHER, DAUGHTER, FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I PRAYED FOR HER EX HUSBAND WHO IS PROBABLY MORE DISTRAUT THAN ANY OF US THINK. I PRAYED FOR THIS COUNTRY AND THIS WORLD AND I EVEN PRAYED FOR YOU SICKOS WHO HAVE GIVEN YOUR LIFE OVER TO THIS WORLD. I PRAYED FOR GOD TO HAVE MERCY ON US ALL AS I KNOW HE MUST BE SO DISAPPOINTED. WHITNEY HOUSTON KNEW GOD AND SHE WAS A BELIEVER AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH COKE SHE MAY HAVE SNORTED OR CRACK THAT SHE MAY HAVE SMOKED-SHE IS IN HEAVEN WITH THE FATHER.

February 12, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • kkkgirl

Stop yelling!

February 12, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

No you can't imagine because fortunately you haven't had to. Yet you come here and spew nonsense. Set aside your hypocrisy for one damn minute and understand that regardless of what you may think the posters here are excercising a right that you would like to see taken from them-their right to freedom of speech-if it doesn't meld with what you believe, you see it as wrong...it's not the way the world works...get your head out of your buybull huney and live in the 21st century!

February 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

IF YOU STAR IN A REALITY SHOW HIGH ON CRACK AND FORCE YOUR HUSBAND TO DIG POOP OUT OF YOUR ASS ON NATIONAL TELEVISION YOU DON'T GET MUCH SYMPATHY. SORRY.

February 12, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
    • AGuest9

She's in a box. Please stop spouting your fantasies. The coroner's report will likely show heart failure as the cause of death, which is common in coke junkies.

February 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@AGuest9: You probably have it right. However, given that Sugarmama is so blinded by her book of fables she'll never agree with you...she'll just think it was gods plan.

February 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land
      Prayer reverently given by Canadian national anthem

February 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  12. Sugarmama

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR "HALO OF FILES"-A GUEST 9 AND PRAYER FOR THE COUNTRY.
    IN ALL MY LIFE I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING SO CRUEL AND DISGUSTING. NO MATTER WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR NOT SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMON DECENCY. YOU ARE ALL APPAULING PEOPLE AND I HOPE THAT MS. HOUSTON'S DAUGHTER-MOTHER AND FAMILY NEVER READS YOUR DISTURBING WORDS. MAY GOD WHO IS VERY REAL HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS.

February 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • kkkgirl

You are such a fool. Are all your people like you?

February 12, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

First off, hypocrite much? Calling them out when you have the audacity to come on here and say GOD WHO IS VERY REAL!!!
      Second, as much as I disagree with the harsh things being stated, these people are enti.tled to their freedom of speech.

No, your god is not real and you can't prove otherwise...get over yourself!

February 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • Sugarmama

hey kkk girl, I am not a fool when it comes to ignorant humans like yourself. I still ask God to bless and keep you and I hope you never have to bury your offspring no matter how much jackals are disliked 🙂

February 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

no kkkgirl, she's just a fool when it comes to living in the 21st century...no worries her god will strike her down (or not) and send her to hell (certainly not the heaven she so longs for but given that neither exist it's just safe to as.sume that she's a hypocrite and her opinion/judgment is not to be trusted)

February 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • AGuest9

@Sugarmama, Ms. Houston's family is busy doing other things, rather than reading a blog populated by a bunch of strangers. Furthermore, your made-up "guy-in-the-sky" is just that. Have a pleasant Sunday.

Next, people will be trying to make this coked-up loser into a saint!

February 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
    • saint?

no one has been trying to make her into a saint

she was however very beautiful and had a rock'n voice

killer combination

February 13, 2012 at 11:20 am |
  13. Halo of Flies

To "Bobby Brown" someone; The act of assisting someone who is severely constipated by putting your finger in their ass to help get the poo out.

Example: Dude, my lady was so constipated she asked me to Bobby Brown that Whitney Houston ass, you know what Im sayin?

February 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  14. Halo of Flies

Whitney should still go to the party tonight. Afterall, it is in her hotel (well, before she died anyway) and if she were alive, she would have gone, passed out and been layed out for viewing in her room. So we just skip the partying, wheel her in and let the viewing begin. She would have wanted it that way.

February 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  15. Halo of Flies

You know Adele is p.i.s.s.ed! Whitney just wasn't havin' a fat white woman steal the spot light!! She would rather die first.

February 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • G

You are a moron!

February 12, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • G

Correction: You are a race-baiting moron.

February 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
    • don

i would feel bad if houston were white. LOL,LOL

February 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

I am not racist. Far from it. I was making a joke. Too soon? I don't do politically correct, sorry.

February 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • making a joke

I get it, har har har, you are the Robin Williams of CNN, really a side splitter

did you hear they are selling Kentucky jelly on eBay

February 12, 2012 at 7:05 pm |
  16. AGuest9

If it's open casket, I hope they clean the coke off her face first.

February 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

Well one thing hasn't changed in death as it was in life. Someone will have to wipe her ass for her. Bet it is not Bobby.

February 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land...

February 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

What exactly does god keeping your land have to do with Whitney Houston's death? If your god was so damn good, this brilliant voice would not have gone astray and died so young or is it that he gave up on one of his own and didn't give a damn?

February 12, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • God is not a helicopter God

God will let the wayward stray, they will come back stronger

and you sir are an embicile

February 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Come on Truth, this has to be one of those "god(s) work(s) in mysterious ways" moments.

February 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land
      Prayer borrowed from the Canadian National Anthem

February 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • i wonder

@God is not a helicopter God

"and you sir are an embicile"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

February 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
    • HotAirAce

That line is nonsense that you can have!

February 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Well at least Atheists are not here using various aliases...Prayer for the country and just sayin' and captain america are one in the same...way to go christards...keep showing your true color's!

@Halo: too funny re: your last comment.

February 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  17. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

February 12, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

Tapping Balances the Nervous System

When we tap, we say the belief out loud to bring up the corresponding emotion in the nervous system. Then we tap the various points to reset the system. Each point is the end of a nerve channel in the body. Tapping sends a shockwave down that channel.

There is no easy way to know which nerve channel is holding a particular emotion, so we just tap them all. Sometimes when you have done a lot of tapping you'll be able to just feel where it is, and you'll feel it clear as you tap it.

When the emotion is gone, your mind is no longer attached to the belief. Suddenly your mind is free to re-process it, and realise it isn't true or that there are easy ways around it.

February 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • AGuest9

Laughter lowers your blood pressure. "Prayer" is just talking to yourself.

February 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

February 12, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
    • AGuest9

Prayer is like the old ladies who would put their purses outside on a full moon and recite a poem to the moon so it would shine on them for prosperity.

February 12, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
    • AGuest9

Teaching one's children to not believe in bulls.hit is VERY healthy for the children. They grow up to not be taken in by whackos.

February 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
    • bringoutyourdead

demon mocks what it fears the most

February 12, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • I_get_it

bringoutyourdead,

That prayer perp mocks reality... again and again and again.

Yeah, reality *is* kinda scary, but it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and deal with it.

February 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • AGuest9

Yes, demon, that would be religious whackos. Look at Koresh and Jones and ANY televangelist.

February 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
    • AGuest9

bringoutyourdead, rather.

February 12, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Jerusalem Joe

Never follow the false follow the genuine.

February 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
  18. Halo of Flies

My thorns, now flies.

Buzzing around my gruesome head and face.

My wasted body……finally brought down. Breathe still in me, just a whisper.

Nurtured and cleansed. Bandaged and cared for.

Now I am risen to say my final farewell.

Do not worship me.

Do not mourn for me.

Do not build churches for me or profit from me.

I am a man, born of a woman from the seed of my father.

I am as you are. A man and a human being.

Learn from the sacrifices I have made. Learn from the hypocrisy.

Bury me in good company. Remember me as a friend.

Farewell.

February 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
  19. liz48

It is a sad reality that a name tag "of Jesus" is meaningless. This deception and delusion has to stop before people like Whitney would understand and enjoy the True Wholeness, Joy, Peace, Fullness and Authority of being One with The Lord Jesus.

Read Hebrews 8:9-12, Matthew 23:8-10 (The Bible).

February 12, 2012 at 11:49 am |
    • TruthPrevails

She was a believer and in order to properly understand her addiction you have to understand what it is to be an addict. The only delusion is that you feel compelled to think there is a god or jesus that this woman turned from. Reading those scriptures is attune to reading Grimms Fairy Tales...completely meaningless in the face of the reality of her passing or in reality for that matter. When you provide evidence that your god or jesus exists, then you can spew your distaste of this woman but until that point, let her rest in peace and have some respect for the deceased!

February 12, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

February 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

"We can only hope that her daughter Bobbi (Bobbi? arg.) learned how to do Cocaine safely."

Or not at all.

February 12, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land

February 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Liz48..what you said is meaningless.. " True Wholeness, Joy, Peace, Fullness and Authority of being One with The Lord Jesus" tell that to a starving child in Africa and explain that mishmash of religious drivel..

February 12, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

February 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • I_get_it

liz48,

A Buddhist says to the hot dog vendor: "Make me one with everything".

February 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

February 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@Halo of Flies: That's sad...I wasn't aware that her child had actually tried the drug. I just hope she has it in her to stay away from it and not let it get the best of her.

February 12, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
    • News

Daughter, Bobbi Kristina, is reported to have been just taken to the hospital by ambulance - reason unknown yet.

February 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

@truth
      Yes, well kids will be kids but one would hope after seeing the two screw-ups she had for parents, she might rise above it. We shall see.

February 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
  20. Halo of Flies

Typical Diva. She just HAD to upstage the Grammy Awards!

February 12, 2012 at 11:32 am |