home
RSS
February 14th, 2012

Gospel singer Kim Burrell remembers praying with Whitney Houston

By Allen Huntspon, CNN

(CNN) - Every week for 13 years, Whitney Houston called her friend, gospel artist Kim Burrell, who she adored like a sister. When Houston struggled with personal issues, Burrell would pray with her.

The world saw Houston, who died Saturday, share the stage with Burrell during BET's 2011 Celebration of Gospel, in what signified the return of a music legend as they sung Houston's hit song, "I look to you."

And that's what Burrell says Houston often did – she looked to God.

"I've been her friend," Burrell told Showbiz Tonight's Nischelle Turner, "to befriend all of who she is in every way, and I thank God for her allowing me to be in her life."

In a heartfelt interview with CNN's Kyra Phillips, Burrell shares the most intimate moments with Houston.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Music • TV-CNN Newsroom

1. Fatima

🙂 Alessander, sa fie chestia cu mtietadia, constientizarea, iluminarea?Chestiunea cu adaptarea ca esenta a progresului. Te si adaptezi, dar si schimbi. Adica trebuie sa privesti lucrurile si din perspectiva sistemului in schimbare din cauza indivizilor mai mult sau mai putin adaptati/ajustati.

March 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  2. me

For those who do not believe-you are right to a certain degree-the Bible was written by man but they were all used by the Holy Spirit! Man wish he could come up with those principles lol! Turn the other cheek-its better to give than to recieve-love thy neighbor! It goes against everything that we as man think is right! I gotta get mine...me first...somebody hit me they are get hit back lol man wishes and if this was not the case it would not be so hard to do! Okay what the complex and intricate detail of the human body...the eye alone is amazing! What about the dna code or the human brain? What about our solar system? Have you thought about the distance between the sun, the earth, and the moon:Perfection! What about the fact that there has always been day and night? The sure stability of what has always been! Scientists can not explain this-I can; God! I would rather live as if there was a God and find out He doesnt exist versus living as if there was God and find out indeed He does-Im just saying

February 20, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  3. me

I pray for you all both non believers and believers. I do not understand why people are so mean and evil. Regardless if agree about religion or not someone has lost their life, some child has lost their mother, some mother has lost their child...where is the compassion. that is what is wrong with the world today. It is not our job to judge! You did not know this woman or her situation but yet you feel as if you can comment and attack her life, her very existence! Lets put your life out there for everyone to see-your highs and your lows! Everyone sins, has mistakes...no one is perfect and no one is going to be. Focus on yourself-judge not lest ye be judge! As long as there is breathe in your body you are going to stumble! How many times have you said, Im never gonna do that again and the next day you are doing the same thing all over again! No sin is greater than the other and God loves us despite of our flaws! He is no respecter of person-He loves me and He loves you and He loves her! The Lord is real!!!!

February 20, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  4. Nappy

Remember boys and girls...don't be like Whitney....say "NO" to drugs!

February 20, 2012 at 5:02 am |
    • SoundSleep

Good thing about Whitney life is, it could either serve as an inspiration or a moral lesson. OR..both.

February 20, 2012 at 5:23 am |
    • SoundSleep

The good thing about Whitney's life is, it could either serves as an inspiration or a moral lesson. OR..both.

February 20, 2012 at 5:25 am |
  5. Tiffany

Thank you, Kyra Phillips! I applaud you. Thank you so much for your sensitivity, openness, and sincerity.

February 17, 2012 at 1:16 am |
  6. Facts Reveal

Just 2 quotes to reveal a BALD-FACED LIAR. Who could not even spell atheist correctly.

"Actually Kembro your stats are wrong...20% of Americans are Atheists."

"Athiest and Agnostic combined = 3.6M (16.2%)"

AND...

HARD but UNDENIABLE FACTS for Truth Prevails and all atheists here.

1.) Atheists don't have the right to represent all non-believers.

2.) Agnostics ARE NOT atheists!

3.) Non-believers never makes 20% of US populace

February 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
  7. derp

Dear god, please help me find another big rock of crack.

Sincerely, Whitney.

February 16, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  8. AGuest9

Lt. Michael Murphy, Navy Seal. Medal of Honor recipient. Gave his life for his squad and his country.

February 15, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • Anna

In response to the athiest. He has the right to not believe but one day he will know that God is real and by then it will be too late. Just because you do not believe does not make it real.

February 15, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

And just because you believe it's real, Anna, doesn't make it so.

February 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
    • just sayin

Anna is right. What is is.

February 16, 2012 at 7:50 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No kidding, dick-head. Prove that there *is* a sky-fairy.

February 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
  9. Atheist'SmINdS

It really doesn't matter how many times Tebow tosses touchdowns; It really doesn't matter how many basket Lin's nailing every game; It really doesn't matter how many hits/album Whitney had sold throughout her life; It doesn't matter if Romney is the best person to run the country; and most of all it doesn't really matter if Christian Charities have help lots of people, changing and saving may lives.

What really matters most is what they believe. They believe in God and I don't. And that makes them stupid, thus, makes me wise.

Hence, I have every right on earth to bash, insult and bad mouth them. They just make me want to be mean and just do anything to kick them down a few notches.

February 15, 2012 at 9:58 am |
    • Observer

The sad thing is nobody can tell if you are a troll.

February 15, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • Atheist'SmINdS

I'm not.

February 15, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • Sparky Griswold

Actually, Observer, Poe's law does not work in reverse. The fact that this post is from a troll is perfectly obvious to most atheists (notice the lack of responses that took it seriously).

Atheists for the most part write thoughtfully and intelligently. They don't match the stereotype "angry atheist" nonsense that religious people have indoctrinated into them, so posts that fit that stereotype stand out as obviously spurioous.

On the other hand, Poe's law DOES fit for religious and conservative posts, because as we see here daily, there are a great number of religious or conservative people out there who have some very wild beliefs, and poor writing skills to go with them. Justina, HeavenSent, BG, Prayer Fool: there are a lot of them.

And religious people are really inept at humor. Like it or not, the atheists here are funnier as well as much better at defending their ideas. However, the ability to defend ideeas comes from the fact that religious people are trying to defend an idea that is totally without evidence, so they are forced to resort to a range of arguments that avoid evidence to compensate. The result is dubious at best and often absurd at worst – which allows Poe's Law to work.

February 15, 2012 at 11:54 am |
    • J.W

I don't think that is true Sparky. I am religious and I am very funny. I rarely have any spelling errors in any of my posts as well.

February 15, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • Brad

Non-theist posts taken as a whole are hardly clean of ad hominem attacks, vulgarity, bad spelling and grammar, and (yikes) even poor understanding of html. Someone might say you are guilty of the fallacy of biased generalizing.

February 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • Sparky Griswold

@ Brad: ad hominem is the nature of the internet. Both sides certainly do it here and elsewhere. Your point is legitimate, though Christian scripture generally forbids it for Christians (James 1:26, amongst many others), so for Christians it is an act of hypocrisy.

Vulgarity does tend to be more on the atheist side, but that is not fallacy. Christian posts are hardly free of it.

Bad spelling and grammar? Yes, a few atheists are fairly illiterate, but that is far more prevalent on the religious side. And again, it is not a fallacy.

Poor understanding of html – that is totally irrelevant, and a rather bizarre point to make.

"Someone might say you are guilty of the fallacy of biased generalizing" Yes, in the first sentence of the last paragraph, I did leave out the word "many".

February 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Believer

And that just makes you look like a sad individual, who's got nothing more to do in life than put others down. Maybe if you get rid of the huge chip on your shoulder (and take your head out of your backside) you might begin to appreciate the good in people.

So-called atheists like you crack me up. You spout off at anyone with beliefs, but the reality is, you're just too scared to admit that you know that God is for real. Why else would you be reading stories like this on CNN? Or is it because this is the only place where people will respond to your point of view. Either way, you need to get out more and meet real people.

Why not do something good today rather than casting aspersions on everyone else?

February 16, 2012 at 5:58 am |
    • Atheist'SmINdS

I was only telling what's really on my mind as an atheists. Unlike other individuals on this board that are putting what really on their minds on the wrap.

Get real for once in your life. Neither puns nor pep talks helps our cause. Let's all stand and practice our advocay.

STOP HYPOCRISY! SPEAK what's TRULY on your MINDS!

February 16, 2012 at 9:43 am |
  10. jimtanker

If you want me to believe in your heaven and are trying to use Pascal’s Wager you are losing. In fact, if you want to use Pascal’s Wager YOU should be a musIim. Their heaven, getting 72 vir-gins, is much cooler than your heaven. Now if you really want the best deal then you should be a Pastafarian. The FSM heaven has a beer volcano and a stri-pper factory. And even if you don’t go there, their heII is the same as their heaven except the beer is flat and the stri-ppers all have V D.
    Can I get a R’amen?

February 15, 2012 at 8:57 am |
    • Observer

Are you fishing for someone who will offer you Pascal's wager? How about William Paley's divine watchmaker argument? All old news.

February 15, 2012 at 10:14 am |
  11. The Undiscovered Country

God did a really lousy job of keeping one of his flock safe and well. Whitney clearly had believed and prayed and done those things a Christian should do. She obviously "had a personal relationship with Jesus," and Jesus dropped the ball and made her a miserable drug addict.

Jesus led her into temptation and did not deliver her from evil, even though the prayer he himself gave humans said he would.

It's almost like God doesn't exist.

February 15, 2012 at 3:19 am |
  12. The Phist

Whitney Who?

Why is this even in the news? Some druggie died. Oh well.

February 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
    • Tereza

There are legit companies just be ceuafrl with charges etc and pay any loan back on time. There's a few sites listed here -.

March 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm |
  13. Halo of Flies

I usually try not to resopond or comment on HeavenSent, due to the the nature of her illness. However today, being Valenties Day, I just want to say: HS, willl you be my Valentine? CS

(I think she keep a book on my "handles" and age, etc. kind of creepy but Lord bless her.)

February 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
  14. Prayer changes things

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things.

February 14, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
    • Prayer Changes Things

Please don't feel sorry for me. I'm fine. I know I post the exact same thing over and over and over and over, every hour of every day, every week, every month, every year. I know you think that I have no friends and am very lonely, but I have Jesus and my pet hamster Yahweh . . . okay, Yahweh died because I was too busy posting here, but I leave him there for company.

Don't feel sorry for me. I am not as lonely as people would be in my situation, because I have Jesus.

February 14, 2012 at 6:26 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things.
      Proven.

February 14, 2012 at 8:20 pm |
    • The Phist

just sayin, is that you?

February 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm |
    • AGuest9

STILL waiting for this "proof".

February 14, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

I am very lonely. I invent other me's like just saying and HeavenSent, but they are just lonely fragments of my sad isolated reality.

February 15, 2012 at 2:53 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I commiserate with you Prayer changes things. I have no social life, no children, nothing I really believe in so I come to this Belief Blog to make friends and it just isn't working.

February 15, 2012 at 7:13 am |
    • Aerosol

Poor Tom Tom

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vIwrbBN2g&w=640&h=360]

February 15, 2012 at 7:15 am |
  15. Defiant Kembro

The comments here are the reason why nobody likes atheists, and why 95% of Americans are now and will always be theists. Atheists are selfish, crass, rude, nasty, and do not understand that there is a time and place for certain things. Keep it classy, atheists...all three of you.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston.

February 14, 2012 at 5:53 pm |
    • captain america

For the record most of the sleazy atheists posting here are not even Americans, they are butt in canadians, American wanna bees that try to impersonate our own brand of idiot. They often misrepresent themselves by posting as if they had a say about US. There's your sign

February 14, 2012 at 6:04 pm |
    • Oh Canada! We Have Much Better Health Care Than You!

Kembro and captain america: Dumb and Dumber

February 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Hey Defiant if you want an example of idiocy and irrelevance take a look at cappies posts in the past. He loves to troll against Canadians using what I assume is a horrible mockery of the English language.

February 14, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

CA..I do not want to be a Bee no matter how many Americans want to . Now run of and hive..

February 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
    • The Phist

captain America is actually a canadian.

February 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Actually Kembro your stats are wrong...20% of Americans are Atheists.

CA: Why the hell would I wish to be American? I have free health care; my employers aren't fighting over who should be allowed contraceptives-we have it figured out and our credit rating is a triple 'A'. I love my neighbor's to the South but you keep giving them a bad name.

February 15, 2012 at 4:37 am |
    • sam stone

still begging on your knees for salvation, defiant?

February 15, 2012 at 4:58 am |
    • Facts Reveal

"Actually Kembro your stats are wrong...20% of Americans are Atheists."

@Truth Prevail

Absolutely, you are LYING! And I can say it on your bald face!

Until you can give here a link of a reliable source that pertains a testable data to support your (20%) claim, you're always be branded as a bald-faced LIAR!

February 15, 2012 at 10:46 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Lies Reveal: My numbers are slightly off...it is actually 16.2%. Here is the proof for it...

Athiest and Agnostic combined = 3.6M (16.2%)

Taken from http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090624113656AALrwwq

There is no question that christards still outrank non-believers but those numbers are declining the more media exposes the atrocities of religion.

February 16, 2012 at 8:04 am |
    • captain america

As usual a canadian atheist lies to promote their sick cause. Notice the "stats" provided are not for atheists alone. The atheist includes the agnostic and the indifferent to their numbers to try to look more than they really are. More of a bold face lie by atheists than the cemetery voting lists from Chicago. That is an American city FYI. There's your sign

February 16, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • Prayer for the country

God keep our land
      Prayer borrowed from the Canadian national anthem. A prayer and deity that is acknowledged at every Canadian event and school.

February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am |
    • Agnostics

Hey LIES PREVAIL...

Are you saying that atheists represents all non-belivers aren't you? How dare you do that? What a thick skin you have.

Agnostics aren't atheists. You should inculcate that inside your veistige cranium(s).

February 16, 2012 at 11:38 am |
    • Facts Reveal

Just 2 quotes to reveal a BALD-FACED LIAR.

"Actually Kembro your stats are wrong...20% of Americans are Atheists."

"Athiest and Agnostic combined = 3.6M (16.2%)"

As I've said above, atheists don't have the right to represent all non-believers.

AND..

Agnostics ARE NOT atheists!

February 16, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • What IF

Facts Reveal,

Yes, there are theistic agnostics, who do not know if there is a god or not, but worship one just in case, but the vast majority of people who call themselves agnostic are atheistic (in a soft sense of the word). They do not worship, pray, or otherwise communicate with a being for which there is no verified evidence.

February 16, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Facts Reveal

Nothing but another LAME presumption.

February 20, 2012 at 5:42 am |
  16. Marcus Granderson

Dear Those who do no believe,

I understand that you may not believe in Jesus and God, but I would catiously advise you not to criticize and ridicule those who do. I do not believe that making jokes about those who do believe makes your argument any stronger, it simply reaffirms the stereotype that atheist are cruel and immoral, which is not true. I have grown up a Christian my entire life, but I came to the point where I had to question the validity of God and Jesus. I have come to the conclusion that he is real, to me. You may be able to argue my doctrine, but you can't argue my testimony. I have researched and searched to find an answer to the question of God and his son Jesus and have found him to be real. Not because I tricked myself into believing a lie or used my imagination, but because he helps me everyday. He has been there through all the hurt and the pain. He as healed me beyond human conprehension. Trust me. I have tried to come up with every rational explanation for the things that he has done for me, but I can not find one. ALthough you may think I am crazy and ignorant, I am not. I am a sane christian who practices real life christianity. I do not have time to live a lie and trick myself into believing an immaginary tale, I need real applicable faith. So, no matter what you may believe, I encourage you to respect those who do believe and trust in him dialy

SIncerely,
    The Sane Christian.

February 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

"" I'd rather live my life like there was a God and find out there wasn't than to life my life like there wasn't a God and find out there was."- Anonomous"

Pascals Wager...look it up!

"I do not have time to live a lie and trick myself into believing an immaginary tale"

You are living a lie regardless of what you may think. Until there is physical proof for your god, it is safe to say it doesn't exist. Do you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Unicorns, Leprechauns? There's as much evidence for them as there is your god! You have been fooled whether you wish to admit it or not!

February 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
    • *frank*

I don't know if I should trust the quality of your scholarship and rational searches, since you cannot spell.

February 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
    • Consider this if you would

Marcus, I can find you millions of Muslims who would say the exact same thing about their god. Jews, Hindus and Mormons too. You all find your god true, and everyone else's false. All of you are equally certain about your God. None of you can provide any evidence at all beyond your various scriptures, which are incompatible and mutually exclusive.

Ask yourself the following questions honestly, and with an open mind. You will see that the answers I provided are true.

Question: Where did you develop your faith?

Answer: Most likely, your parents taught it to you. All that indoctrination at an early age is very hard for humans to transcend.

Question: Did you ever see or experience anything at all that proves your God exists?

Answer: No. You may sometimes imagine that ordinary positive coincidences are the hand of God, but you do not think that when coincidences are negative, so coincidence really cannot be God.

Now ask yourself if the following statement is true: "I have utterly no evidence at all that God exists. I have no evidence at all that my religious beliefs are true in any way."

February 14, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
    • Marcus Granderson

First of all, I do not believe that comparing the Easter Bunny to Jesus is a fair comparison. Although historians dispute what took place in his life, most historians believed that he walked the earth during the 1st century as a Jewish preacher with "radical" ideas. We all know that the Easter Bunny is fake because it was created at the hand of man. THe same goes for the other examples you offered. The thing that I do not understand about atheists is the fact that they always assume that we are dumb, religious freaks who are totally ignorant and incappable of learning. To say that about 2 billion people is irrational in itself. I believe that there is more proof for God than there is proof for the Easter Bunny, Unicorns, The Spaghetti moster, or any other analogy that atheists offer up. How do you explain miracles? I am not talking about those phony, fake miracles on T.V, but the miracles that happen in everyday life to everyday people? You may argue that it is just chance, but I have seen and heard about to many REAL miracles, confirmed by doctors and witnesses, to believe that they all took place by chance. I know you will say that it is my imagination, like you say about everything else.

To respon to the notion that I have been raised in this "doctrine' my whole life is correct, but besides the point. Even though I was raised in a Christian home I came to the point were I really did not believe that any of it was true. At that point in my life I did not know what to believe. Also, I have one question: If you are raised in a christian home you are considered brain-washed and indoctrinated, but if you grow up in an atheist home you are considered enlightned? I understand that you do not believe, but isn't teaching kids atheistic principales considered indoctrinating them? Just curious.

February 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • You are almost there. Keep thinking.

Marcus, all parents to some degree teach their children "atheist principles", if there is such a thing. They teach that the gods of all other religions are false and do not exist, that those religions are deluded and misguided. Evangelicals are atheists in relation to Muslim god and the Jewish God and the Hindu gods and so on.

If you have ever looked at another religion, Islam for example, and said "that is ridiculous. Allah just cannot exist", then you understand atheism far better than you imagine. You are not angry at Allah, who you do not believe exists.

If you think Thor does not exist, then you are at least part atheist. Thor, by the way, has every bit as much evidence that he exists as your god does. Now say it – say "There is no evidence at all that my God exists." Because that is the truth.

Everything you think is God operating in your life is nothing more than something positive happening (which happens to everybody more or less equally), which YOU interpreted as being due to God. YOU decided that the coincidence was God's hand; it was really just a coincidence.

February 15, 2012 at 3:05 am |
    • sam stone

you refer to yourself as a sane christian, yet you issue a thiny veiled empty proxy threat based on your belief in a being in which the atheists do not believe. you appear to be every bit as confused as many christians posting here

February 15, 2012 at 5:03 am |
    • TruthPrevails

"We all know that the Easter Bunny is fake because it was created at the hand of man. THe same goes for the other examples you offered. The thing that I do not understand about atheists is the fact that they always assume that we are dumb, religious freaks who are totally ignorant and incappable of learning. To say that about 2 billion people is irrational in itself. I believe that there is more proof for God than there is proof for the Easter Bunny, Unicorns, The Spaghetti moster, or any other analogy that atheists offer up"

Your god was also created by man...prove that wrong!!!
      I don't as.sume anything about any one person. I do say you believing without evidence is dumb and thus the reason I equate it to a belief in other things such as the Easter Bunny, etc.
      2 billion people out of the 7 billion plus...looks like your numbers are declining.
      No-one said you were incapable of learning. I know a great many christians who may be stupid in their beliefs but not stupid otherwise.
      You make as.sumptions about Atheists all the time...the threat of eternal suffering is the biggest as.sumption; we have no morals; we are all bad people...how many Atheists do you know and how many are you friends with?
      I can make the as.sumption that you probably steer clear of Atheists due to not agreeing with them (I could be wrong here). We do speak to people of all beliefs and we don't judge them (ie; telling them what their eternity hold for them if they don't believe as we do). I have a great many christian friends and we openly speak about beliefs.
      It comes down to this...when your god or jesus appears in the flesh then I will believe but until that point I see no reason to, just as you see no reason to believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa or the FSM or unicorns.

February 15, 2012 at 6:51 am |
    • bigot

rational people call this "delusional"

February 15, 2012 at 8:44 am |
    • bigot

"We all know that the Easter Bunny is fake because it was created at the hand of man."

LOL the bible was created by the hand of MEN as well. Those MEN never knew Jesus, only wrote about him 40+ years after he died. Learn the history of your religion.

February 15, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • bigot

"How do you explain miracles?"

Law of averages.

February 15, 2012 at 8:49 am |
    • bigot

"How do you explain miracles? I am not talking about those phony, fake miracles on T.V, but the miracles that happen in everyday life to everyday people?"

What about all of the bad things that happen in the world. If you are attributing "Miracles" to god, then surely you would attribute every terrible thing in this world to god as well

February 15, 2012 at 8:52 am |
    • Marcus Granderson

To all those who responded, Thank you. I think that many christians today are too afraid to talk to atheists. Although I still believe what I believe, I respect that you have a right to believe what you believe. I can, and won't change that. I thank you for your comments.

February 15, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  17. Monti

I wonder how the view was up there for Jesus....did he take a few moment to appreciate the landscape while nailed?

February 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • Hasa Diga Eebowai

He was probably to busy wondering if he took the lie too far.

February 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • Monti

lol no kidding....he is one of the most famous con men in history.

February 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
    • William Demuth

Hasa

Thats why the bible dosen't say what he was charged with.

He was a liar, and they nailed him for it, literally!

February 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

I think he was just wondering who was going to play him in the movie.

February 14, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • jimtanker

That just brings to mind the Monty Python song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

February 14, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • William Demuth

jimtanker

The Palestinian body guards that all blow themselves up at the foot of his cross was THE funniest thing I had ever seen!

February 14, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Monti

Do you think Jesus was Gel n while up there?

February 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • jimtanker

i'm going to have that song in my head for the rest of the day.

February 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Penelope Pitstop

Palestinian bodyguards? Got a bit too stoned at the drive-in, did you? They were the Judean People's Front!

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyb3rqsM-TE&w=640&h=360]

February 14, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  18. Halo of Flies

I am surprised gospel singer Kim Burrell remembers anything after "praying" with Whitney Houston.

February 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • William Demuth

Yah Man! Pass the dutchie!

February 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • Halo of Flies

....on the left hand side.

February 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

William...passing the dutchie was not what she was doing...maybe the rolled up $100 bill!

February 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  19. Monti

Do you think Jesus's nutz itched while up on the cross? Can you imagine not being to scratch them???

February 14, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
    • Monti

not being able to...typo

February 14, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
    • William Demuth

A fourth nail would have been far worse.

I am surprised the Romans didn't use that to disuade rebellion!

February 14, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
    • Monti

I wonder if he asked the people below to please scratch them? For the love of god, somebody grab a reed and scratch them!

February 14, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
    • Monti

I don't know about you but I would have been concerned about splinters and rusty nails.

February 14, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
    • Monti

And what about having all your junk hanging out for the world to stare at. Jesus must have been embarrased.

February 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • VanHagar

Monti...death on the cross is one of the most horrific ways to die–slowly suffocating. Your making light of His suffering, whether your believe in His divinity (or not), or whether you believe He was sincere or a con man, speaks volumes as to your character. Now, don't you have a puppy you can go step on or something.

February 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
    • Desmond

VanHagar, how can an omnipotent being suffer?

February 14, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • VanHagar

Desmond...because He chose to become fully man. The gospel is about God showing us that he loved us so much, he was willing to allow his Son to die on the cross. Could he have expressed this in other ways? Sure. But if it is true that there is no greater love than that a man should lay down his life for another, how could God have done anything else?

February 14, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
    • Desmond

VanHagar, You get a big FAIL-Don't Pass Go-3D Loser-you wiped your ass on your shirt sleeve, on that explanation.

If your god is really omnipotent, then he could just snap his fingers and bring "human" Jesus back to deeeeeevine state in an instant. So, no suffering or sacrifice there at all.
      Or isn't your "god" omnipotent?

The whole sacrifice of a son by god thing is complete gooey hooey, nothing more. And that's a polite description of it.

February 14, 2012 at 8:27 pm |
    • VanHagar

Desmond...thank you for your reply. Now go back to Jr. High.

February 14, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
    • sam stone

monti...that is what his followers were for

February 15, 2012 at 5:06 am |
    • sam stone

"The gospel is about God showing us that he loved us so much, he was willing to allow his Son to die on the cross."

Allowed it? He mandated it! He knew what was going to happen, but let it happen anyway. Did he have a choice to forgive without a blood sacrifice? If so, why did not just forgive? If not, who is in charge?

February 15, 2012 at 5:10 am |
    • bigot

The gospel was also written by the hands of MEN. Anything in that book needs to be taken with a big grain of salt

February 15, 2012 at 8:56 am |
  20. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
    Proven

February 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Monti

We await your proof

February 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
    • William Demuth

Biñang??

February 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
    • Monti

What about the Muslims who claim prayer works for them? What about Muslims who claim miracles happen? I guess there is more than one god.

February 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • Hasa Diga Eebowai

Proven.... USELESS if not harmful

February 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • just sayin

monti
      This is the second and last time you will be told that the proofs have already been given . Sorry you missed them first time around, but if you are not bright enough to find them, then you are not bright enough to understand them.

February 14, 2012 at 6:07 pm |
    • Prayer changes things

Prayer is talking with God.There is no muslim prayer, there is no idol prayer, there are no cult prayers received by God except the sinners prayer.

February 14, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

just sayin proofs have been given ? well if they are that sensational better put them here again for all to see....would it have involved anything like an amputee....just askin..

February 14, 2012 at 7:00 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Doesn't it strike you as odd, just lying, that so many people are asking for your "proofs", yet you never post any? Ever? If you had, they'd be easy to cut and paste. If you had, you would be thrilled to post them again. After all, isn't that why you're here–to convince others that God exists? Why do you keep pretending you have "already" posted anything of the sort? If you really had something to offer, you'd post it every single time someone asked you to.

The only conclusion any sane person can reach is that you have nothing whatsoever and are lying every time you post that you do.

February 14, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • just sayin

Take your meds Tom, Tom you know they were posted and you could not understand. It is OK a lot of folks are slow, no one thinks less of you for it.

February 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@just sayin

Your arrogance and condescension is truly astounding. You address nothing and speak to people as if they are idiots. You contribute nothing while criticizing the content of other peoples posts. You are a hypocrite and an idiot.

February 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Proof just lying just lies in every post. No proof. None. Nada. Zip.

If there were, you'd have posted it every chance you got. You're no Christian.

February 14, 2012 at 9:33 pm |
    • been there done that prayer works

He did, I remember all the proofs' just sayin' posted in a discussion with 'Tom, Tom the Pipers Son' just a few days ago and like he says 'Tom, Tom' could not comprehend what was presentedand was just rude and ignorant.

February 16, 2012 at 7:55 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

So it should be no problem for you to post them again, troll. Except you can't. They don't exist, troll. Are you mentally defective or just 15?

February 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm |