home
RSS
Kirk Cameron defends views on gay marriage
March 7th, 2012

Kirk Cameron defends views on gay marriage

By Breeanna Hare, CNN

(CNN)–Kirk Cameron lost at least one fan with his remarks about homosexuality and gay marriage last week, but the former "Growing Pains" actor is standing his ground.

He explains in a statement that he "spoke as honestly" as he could when asked about his views on "homosexuality, gay marriage and abortion" while being interviewed for his film, "Monumental," "but some people believe my responses were not loving toward those in the gay community."

Cameron continued, "That is not true. I can assuredly say that it's my life's mission to love all people."

On Friday, Cameron appeared on "Piers Morgan Tonight" to discuss his film, among other topics.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

When Piers Morgan asked the actor what he'd tell his kids regarding gay marriage, Cameron responded, "I'd tell my children what I believe myself...I believe that marriage was defined by God a long time ago. Marriage is almost as old as dirt and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage, and I don't think anyone else should, either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

Read the full story from CNN's Marquee Blog

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Homosexuality

« Previous entry
  1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things ,

March 9, 2012 at 7:08 am |
    • Jesus

~The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!~~...

March 9, 2012 at 8:18 am |
  2. Nii Croffie

My experiences weren’t all the way gay because it was only de tip, and only a couple of times, but it was my choice. I made de choice then, and I made de choice now to chase girls again so yes it is a choice.

March 9, 2012 at 7:05 am |
    • Nii Croffie

I was right all along that Canadian gay hacked into my Facebook aaccount. Thank u very much for outing me on my behalf. Hope u r happy now. As I said u can do all u want with it.

March 9, 2012 at 7:15 am |
    • Nii Croffie

Don’t mind my rambling accusations. I meant to post the other one under my other alias and I goofed. I see now that it was wrong to lie about it, and I have asked de Lord for forgiveness.

CNN, can you please delete my post?

March 9, 2012 at 7:24 am |
    • Nii Croffie

Hahahah! U think hacking is easy huh? I don't mind shring my website with a gay man at all! Feel free to use it too. I love u as myself.

March 9, 2012 at 7:30 am |
    • MarkTTF

@Nii

What's your beef with Canada?

March 9, 2012 at 7:49 am |
    • TruthPrevails

No-one hacked your account Nii. Anyone with a brain can click your name here and view everything on your facebook account. If you don't want that to happen, change your privacy settings and do not hyperlink your alias here to that account.

March 9, 2012 at 8:21 am |
    • Nii Croffie

i'm so dumb. I think someone is hacking my facebook account. I don't know much about computers because they didn't have them at the skool where i got my engineering degree.

March 9, 2012 at 9:29 am |
  3. Nii Croffie

Casey de fact that u r gay but ur brothers r not shows that u learned de behaviour. If it was not then u'll have 2 be unique. It is not a mental disorder or enhancement. U can choose to love men or women. If not there won't be gays in closets. I went 2 a boys boarding high school.

March 9, 2012 at 5:05 am |
    • JohnQuest

Nii Croffie, I am happy that you are out of the closet as a Bise-xual, being equally attracted to both male and female with both options open to you. I did not have a choice, the options were not open to me, I never choose to be a heteros-exual male I just am (I was born this way). When did you realize that you were attracted to both males and females in the same way?

If you are attracted to both se-xes, can you really say you had a choice in your desires?

If you are not attracted to both se-xes and it is not a choice for you why do you think it is a choice for anyone else?

March 9, 2012 at 5:23 am |
    • Nii Croffie

JQ I've trouble posting with a fon so don't put words in my mouth. It is de experience of a friend found 2 have engaged in h.om.ose.xual acts who at de time was having trouble with his girl. Also de other gays were from boarding junior high. Lastly they started by not following us to chase girls.

March 9, 2012 at 5:31 am |
    • JohnQuest

Nii Croffie, you wrote "U can choose to love men or women", I take it you were referring to "Love" in the carnal since. I think the only way that is true is if you are a Bise-xual. If you think is is true then I submit that you are a Bise-xual, there is nothing wrong with that but if you can choose to be with a man or woman you should come out of the closet and admit it, at least to yourself.

If you can not chose because you are attracted to only one, then you are wrong or misleading when you said that "U can choose to love men or women".

March 9, 2012 at 5:42 am |
    • JohnQuest

Referring to "Also de other gays were from boarding junior high. Lastly they started by not following us to chase girls."

Have you considered that maybe they were not attracted to girls? If they were not, then can you blame them for their desires? Seems to me that they had no choices either (not in their desires).

A person can Choose not to act on them but I don't think a person can Choose not to have them.

March 9, 2012 at 5:48 am |
    • Nii Croffie

Just try refusing mature female attraction for a week. Something quickly fills in. Whether it is young boys or babies or ur own daughter. Ask the Ca.tho.lic pr.iests accused in ur country or ur pr.isoners. The se.xual urge can be tra.nsm.uted not destroyed. THINK AND GROW RICH.

March 9, 2012 at 5:54 am |
    • JohnQuest

Nii Croffie, that's my point, you have no control over what you desire (you can control your actions, you don't have to act on those desires).

Can you Blame someone for having the desires, if it is not their fault? Can your God blame them for a desire that is not their fault? Should they be punished for a desire that is not their fault?

March 9, 2012 at 6:00 am |
    • JohnQuest

Nii Croffie, are you saying that if you did not have females around you, you would start having se-x with men? If that is true, I submit that if you find men se-xually attractive then you are gay or bise-xual.

March 9, 2012 at 6:03 am |
    • Nii Croffie

During those long weeks without females the few were a treasured sight to behold and if I went home I seemed to notice them everywhere. Some peole may have felt condemned n started fighting against the heightened desire n ended up with gay behaviour. I was in a virtual prison for 3yrs.

March 9, 2012 at 6:17 am |
    • Nii Croffie

JQ I'm saying dat some people use being gay 2 satisfy their urge just as others do in other ways. There is nothing genetic or psychaitric about it. Life is about choices they affect as much more than we think. Saying I love milk 'll make u love it just as much as saying u hate it makes u 2 hate it.

March 9, 2012 at 6:30 am |
    • Nii Croffie

I remember a film about a Stuart actor who acted female parts n was gay. In de long run he switched 2 male roles as dragging was banned n his boyfriend left because he felt he was with a woman all the time n cudn't be with a man. There is no such thing as s.exual orientation.

March 9, 2012 at 6:43 am |
    • AtheistSteve

@Nii

You have no idea what you're talking about. Being Gay is NOT a choice. Actions can be choices but preferences are not. I hate brussel sprouts. Since the first time I put one in my mouth. Gagged like crazy. Since then I've tried numerous times with many different cooks claiming to make the best tasting brussel sprouts. Same reaction. Gag. I thought my taste for them might change the way onions and brocolli did. Hated them at first but love them now. As for s3x I'm firmly in the hetero camp. Women are awesome attractive while men are repulsive. No amount of deprivation from female attention will make men seem more attractive to me. I'd simply take matters into hand so to speak. You are dead wrong. But then you are wrong about a great many things.

March 9, 2012 at 6:47 am |
    • Nii Croffie

My experiences weren’t all the way gay because it was only de tip, and only a couple of times, but it was my choice. I made de choice then, and now I made de choice to chase girls again so yes it is a choice.

March 9, 2012 at 7:06 am |
    • AtheistSteve

The you are Bi-s3xual plain and simple. For you choice is a viable option. Not so for others.

March 9, 2012 at 7:22 am |
    • Nii Croffie

TruthPrevails(Whaat an oxymoron?) I am happy to say that I will allow you n ur gay friends to use it so hve fun. I don't see being gay as something to be ashamed of but seems u do!

March 9, 2012 at 7:24 am |
    • AtheistSteve

What are you talking about? TruthPrevails is my wife. We are a hetero couple. We also have wonderful gay friends. You are an idiot.

March 9, 2012 at 7:34 am |
    • Nii Croffie

Wow n don't they come out of the woodwork! Ok u guys can now paste ur marriage credentials on my website too! Enjoy using it, Adam n Steve!

March 9, 2012 at 7:47 am |
    • TruthPrevails

Nii: Adam and Steve? Sorry dolt, my name is Patricia. Steve and I reside in the same house, in a relationship where we are open-minded and accept that our gay friends deserve the same respect and tolerance that anyone else on this planet does. You are as clueless and stupid as they get. You lie continuously and think you know the facts when in fact you have it all wrong!!! Being gay is not a choice...scientific studies have proven this and those studies trump your opinion any day. What is a choice when it comes to se.xual orientation is whether one comes clean about it...plenty of people live with opposite s.ex partners when they are not attracted to that person as a se.xual partner for fear of people condemning them. The fact is that it is no-ones business what goes on in the bedrooms of other people. I am far from ho.mo.phobic...my adopted brother is gay and is loved dearly.

March 9, 2012 at 8:31 am |
  4. Chad

Kirk did exceptionally well, he was baited and set up, but he responded calmly and truthfully.

Well done Kirk!

March 8, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
    • False Dichotomy

...and yet he condones crocodiles mating with ducks.

...and there's that hungry look in his eyes as he watches Ray Comfort gently gripping a banana.

March 8, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
    • tallulah13

Too bad Kirk doesn't have the basic education needed to make an intelligent argument. A position based on ignorance of fact cannot stand up to the truth.

March 9, 2012 at 12:53 am |
    • Daniel

Chad, Good observation! Kirk did not dodge the question raised by Morgan and answered the question honestly and was to the point.

Kudos to Kirk!

March 9, 2012 at 7:00 am |
    • Primewonk

Kirk expressed his opinions. However, not all opinions hold equal validity or merit. If an opinion is based on facts and evidence, it is one thing. If it based on ignorance, it is another.

Kirk has a long history of choosing to be ignorant about many things. His unsupported opinions that gays are icky is just one more.

Yes, he has a right to be ignorant, but wearing that ignorance as a badge of honor is just sad.

March 9, 2012 at 8:28 am |
    • Chad

@Primewonk "Kirk has a long history of choosing to be ignorant about many things"

=>I would definitely disagree with that, Kirk is expressing a viewpoint consistent with the morality of the God of Abraham.
      As there is abundant evidence both for the existence of God, and even apart from that, the intrinsic value of that expressed morality, Kirk has solid basis for being in agreement with it.

March 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
  5. PRISM 1234

Fred, you said "Trouble is even the Bible says otherwise and Jesus said "for some are born this way and some are made this way by man". Jesus would not have made the post you just made so please reconsider what you are trying to say."

Jesus didn't speak about ho'mo'se'xuals in those verses. he spoke about eunuchs. Eunuch is someone who can't have se'xual relations. Ho'mo'se'xuals are not in that category. Therefore you are misapplying those Scriptures.
    The problem with those who degrade their persons by ho'mos'ex'ual and any other immoral acts they commit to gratify their carnal cravings, is that they want to justify themselves and keep on doing them.
    There is a clear message in God 's word: that no one is forgiven of their sins until they humble themselves and confess them, and are willing to give them up.
    For those who love their sins, and want to keep them, there is no forgiveness, nor can they become a child of God. This is NOT my message, this is the message of the Word of God. You who are quoting the Bible to me, should know that...

March 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Prism..yet another interpretation of an interpretation...if the bible is clear..then as Douglas Adams would say,..".that must a new use of the word clear that I was previously unaware of" .

March 8, 2012 at 11:53 pm |

EvolvedDNA
      It is called the living word of God for a reason in that the principles of God apply from the earliest of times to the present. There is going to be problems with interpretation and translation but the core truths are very clear. They are clear because they tie into the scripture as a whole and are consistent with the thoughts and attributes as revealed by God throughout all time and throughout the Bible.

March 9, 2012 at 12:03 am |

Prism1234
      Before God found me I had no idea what sin was and really did not give much thought about God. I found Bible thumpers annoying and when they came at me telling me I was a sinner I said rotten things. This is why I refrain from hitting people up with a sin issue. I think of sin as an offense against God and if God in not in the equation it has little meaning.
      The eunuch verse relates to marriage and celibacy and is not confined to eunuchs. The teaching was about difficult laws and restrictions regarding marriage and divorce under the law. Eunuch was used to symbolically and in its broadest sense represents $exual urges resulting in fornication or the lack thereof. So you are correct in your above post, however, the context in which I used it goes to the next verse since we were not speaking of marriage.
      You said gays were not born that way and I claimed that is not what Jesus said. Jesus said some eunuchs are made that way in their mother’s womb and others are made that way by man. In other words in the broadest sense we are born with $exual urges or the lack thereof / we are made that way by man (tradition or culture). You can argue that it is limited to eunuchs but that does not change the fact some are born this way. It would have been foolish and a waste of time for Jesus to address ho-mo$exual orientation before a group of Jewish disciples in 30AD it was not an issue in Jerusalem. It was an issue in Corinth but, that is another topic.

March 9, 2012 at 1:08 am |
    • Yo!

"Therefore you are misapplying those Scriptures.
      Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery, "neither do I condemn you, GO AND SIN NO MORE". She looked into His eyes, and knew that those eyes have seen into her heart and soul."

Yo idiot that story was not originally in the Gospel of John or in any of the Gospels. It was added by later scribes. The story is not found in the oldest and best manuscripts of the Gospel of John. Nor does its writing style comport with the rest of John. Most serious textual critics state that this story should not be considered part of the Bible.

March 9, 2012 at 8:32 am |

Yo
      And the platypus should not be part of the animal kingdom.....but it is.

The story about the women does not twist any truths of God and fits right in with other themes of the Bible. There is no harm in it being there and nothing would change if you cut that page out of your bible. Besides, some group a few hundred years after Jesus sti-tched the Bible together so this is just another piece of the quilt. Throw that quilt around your cold heart and feel the love.

March 9, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • PRISM 1234

@Fred
      If you label my posts as hateful, then what do you do with the messages of the prophets and saints of old? What do you do with the countless places in the Bible where the same words and message is spoken? What do the words of following Scriptures mean to you:

"When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul." These words are written in the Holy Scriptures, and this is the Word of God.
      There are many more like them, in OT and in the NT. . Paul, Peter and others wrote the same....
      Do you find a "broad meaning" in these words also, as you did in other Scriptures ? You misapplied them, and allowed satan to twist them to you, so he can discredit the Word of God spoken by the Spirit of God. That's what he does the most successful in this day and time, even and ESPECILAY among those who call themselves Christians....

Friend, you can make up God of your own imagination, and take Scriptures as you want them, to your own liking. But it isn't' the God of the Bible, the Father of Lord Jesus Christ, whom so many in today's apostate Christianity want to hold on to by His Name, but refuse to acknowledge the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit of God who bears testimony to the truth. That's what Paul spoke about when he wrote about apostasy and falling away from the faith in the last days. They will hold on to the name of Jesus , but reject the one who testifies of Him, and reveals Him.But no man can know the true Christ Jesus, apart from the Spirit of Truth.
      Your friend whom you buried is a tragedy that didn't have to happen. Jesus Christ came to set the captive free. It's sad that he didn't find this out. But you can't make doctrines that will damn your own soul just because your tragic personal experiences. Because if you deny the truth in the obvious fact that h'om'o's'exuality is a perversion of God's order and his intent for human kind, and that it is a mockery of design EH created for us who were made in His image, then friend, you know of God, but do not know the Spirit of Truth who testifies of Him, and reveals Him. AN unless you do, you can not be one of His! This is NOT my doctrine, it is His Word. That's' the bottom line!

March 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
  6. WOT

If people would live as they lived in a glass house, the world would be changed. Marriages should be happy! Live and let live is may take, and never forget God made every one, not man! You will have to answer for your choose not mine. A person who is not Gay can not say how a Gay person feel. I am Black and do not know how a White, Red, ect. feel about their race. So live your life the best you can and MYOB!

March 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
    • Silver

WOT changes for you if you take this god box out of the picture? Zippo, hippo.

March 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm |
  7. Nii Croffie

HAAWAIGUEST as much as u wud like science to corroborate gays the top psychaitrist aand geneticist have testified before Congress that s.exual behaviour is learned. This is why we cannot determine who is gay from appearance alone. I don't care about le.sb.ians either way. It is not against the Bible

March 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
    • Silver

We understand that you haven't learned or experienced sexual behavior yet. You do seem to chase boys here a lot tho.

March 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Cite your sourc for that information.

March 8, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
    • Pure Gold

I already sighted his sores.

March 8, 2012 at 9:11 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Well Nii? Waiting for your sources for your assertion.

March 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm |
    • Casey

Nii Croffie – The American Psychological Association has stated that s e x u a l orientation is not a choice. I was raised the same way as my 2 brothers, yet I am gay and they are not. I did not choose to be gay. If you are going to make the assertion that being gay is learned behavior, please have a source to back it up.

March 8, 2012 at 10:13 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

We could just as easily assert that belief in a god is a mental illness...would we need scientific evidence for that as well? or maybe that we had read it in a book

March 8, 2012 at 11:57 pm |
  8. Silver

Kirk's husband does love him. Our opinions shouldn't matter in that relationship.

March 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
  9. FredK

This just shows how pathetic CNN is. Why did this make it into the news? His views are his views, why does CNN care?

March 8, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
    • Silver

It is kinda made news when we read it.

March 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm |
  10. Nii Croffie

YO! my posts are very short n not written in verses so respond to all of it. I try to understand even long posts fully b4 I reply. That said it seems u think the "heart" is intangible but it is tangible. It is not the blood pump though. Also Agape is what I showed u not just any love at all.

March 8, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
  11. PRISM 1234

To ac'cept hom'ose'xuality as normal, and to change the definition of marriage means to de'secrate something that has been part of the foundation of civilization of mankind.... there is no just cause under the heavens for it, and never will be. It only shows how low human race, in this age we're living in, has fallen.
    Any perversion of God's design and of His in'tent for the things He created, will not go without co'nsequences. He is the One who created us, set the laws of nature on Earth, and in the Universe, and HE defines what is normal.
    You can say you don't believe that there is a Creator, but you are without excuse, because even you KNOW in deep part of yourself what is right, and what is wrong, what is normal and what is not. But what is in your heart, that love of SELF, and your willful silencing of your own conscience is what causes you to deny what you deep down inside know!
    But look to nature..... Even the nature itself tells you not to mess with things in natural world... SO what's the difference?- It's man's desire to fulfill his own lu'sts and cra'vings, without having to bear the co'nsequences of what he has allowd himself to be ruled by..... THAT'S what's the difference!
    No, ho'mo'se'xu'ality is not natural, and those who are such are NOT BORN that way ( except in physical deformit'ies ). BUt it's like any other sin... It is co'nceived in one's mind, and when it's not denied and refused by reason of self discipline and thrown out, it takes root and it becomes part of him... Have you ever heard of a saying "if the bird flies over your head, do you have to let it build a nest on your head?!" That's what happens with every evil deed that man(kind) com'mits. It's not just out of blue, it doesn't just so happen...it all starts with a thought!
    Then they go and defend it, demanding their rights to their lifestyles? How courageous and noble is that?
    No, h-uality will never be normal, even if the whole world su'cc'umbs to pressure of their noisy demands, to "can'onize" it as normal! It still will be abnormal and unnatural.
    I am glad that this corrupt world will not go on, and on. One hundred years from now life would be like something out a gruesome hor'ror nightmare. I rejoice at the thought that He, our God, whose laws and principles are hated by so many, will make all things new!!!

March 8, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

The intolerance of people like you truly is astounding. Saying something is not normal over and ovre will not make you correct, it just makes you a broken record. Marriage is not defined by you or your book, and to assert as much is supremely arrogant. Hom.ose.xuality is not natural? Where's your studies, you degrees, your peer reviews to make such a claim. What qualifications do you have that make you arrogant enough to make a claim contrary to decades of research, and against the word of many psychologists, psychiatrists, and scientists?

March 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm |

Prism1234
      Well I am not that brilliant so I need to keep things simple. Why did you put NOT BORN that way in caps? I assume it is an important part of your post. Trouble is even the Bible says otherwise and Jesus said "for some are born this way and some are made this way by man". Jesus woud not have made the post you just made so please reconsider what you are trying to say.
      Hawaii Guest is right in that orientation is something you are born with. If you want to argue about what one does with their orientation that is a different story.
      So, let me ask you what was the purpose of your hurtful post and who are you really mad at? I buried my best friend who spent a lifetime struggle with the orientation God gave. I say God given because wether by evolution or the snap of His mighty voice here we are. If there is a God, God has allowed it thus takes full responsibility. We are the ones who do not actually know why but it is what it is.
      Check your Bible over again and do what it says. You are to be like Christ and if Christ said love your enemies why do you make hate filled comments to those who are not even your enemies? Save the natural and other sin talk for brothers and sisters in Christ that seek your help and have already accepted what is and is not sin.

March 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm |
    • Silver

Formally, most of us are at least a bit of bothways out of the gate, and god had squat to do with it.

March 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm |

silver
      If there is a God then God had everything to do with it. If there is no God it changes nothing as we are still the same. Without God we all move towards an unknown purpose and ultimatley our universe and existence would be without purpose.

March 8, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@fred

What about the purpose of the betterment and progress of the human race? That is what I work towards, no matter the size of my contribution.

March 8, 2012 at 9:16 pm |
    • Silver

fred, why does god need to do squat?

March 8, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
    • Silver

And how does popping up a god charge your porpoise?

March 8, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
    • Keith

HawaiiGuest
      1Cr 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
      You think that the wisdom of men trumps God's wisdom? Who's the arrogant one here?

March 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm |
    • Keith

PRISM 1234, Jud 1:3 ¶ Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
      Keep on contending!

March 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

The bible is true for those who believe. Who are you to dictate what book is true and not? I am an atheist, and your book has no power to sway my opinion, because all it is to me is a book written by men.

March 8, 2012 at 9:38 pm |

HawaiiGuest
      If there is no eternal timekeeper or record then you and I are in the same boat. We both did the best we could but some billions of years down the road it would be as if it never happened. That is where I get lost as I cannot wrap my head around purpose without some external source outside of ourselves. Some have said that is why I am weak and need a God. Well so be it I just cannot understand going into some void upon death because even if say I helped thousand find a better life I would not be aware of that in the void.

March 8, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Why do you need to be remembered for thousands of years? So many people die each day, some will be remembered and some won't, and that is just the nature of things. Time will continue to move on, and the past should be forgotten after a time in order for the living to move forward. I don't care if I am remembered, I only care that when I die, I will be able to look back on my life, and see that I did something to help further mankind, no matter who knows about it. As long as I can see it on my deathbed, then I will be satisfied.

March 8, 2012 at 9:43 pm |

silver
      I come from an abused backrond and when I found a Bible and read some words of Jesus suddenly there was hope. Something more than what meets the eye. God does not need us or need to do squat for us. God simply wants to demonstrate to us what love is and how to receive it and give it.

March 8, 2012 at 9:43 pm |

HawaiiGuest
      You said:"no matter who knows about it."
      Hummm.......interesting I am going to have to think about that. I seem to have a need for recognition in this life time and that may be part of why I cannot grasp meaning and purpose without an eternal record of somesort.

March 8, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
  12. Pete

Growing Pains sucked.

March 8, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  13. JohnQuest

Nii Croffie, seems to me from reading your post that "I love my neighbor as myself" only applies if that neighbor agrees with you.

I am a non believer and I truly love my neighbors regardless of who they sleep with or who they are married to (can you as a Christian say that)?

March 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

No I did not say only people who agreed with me are my friends. NONIMUS said that to MARKINFL about me. Being Christian means admitting I am not perfect. That God alone is perfect. "I LOVE YOU AS MYSELF" is different from "I LOVE YOU". Try the test u will know the difference.

March 8, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
    • Silver

Ow come god couldn't provide a book that was purrrrfeckt then?

March 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

I sometimes laugh so much when an atheist interpretes the Bible. The Bible is people bearing witness of God not God of Himself. If u want that perfection read the Quran where God witnesses of Himself to Muhammed. The Bible was meant to help man live a fulfilled life n gain a joyful afterlife also.

March 9, 2012 at 5:21 am |
  14. Nii Croffie

If u can say to yourself,"I love my neighbor as myself" for a day as many times as u can remember u will understand the Bible.

March 8, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

As I said if u do not know what we mean when we say "I love you as myself" you will think it is the same as when u say "I love u" so please u just check out the difference. Then u will know why I do not hate anyone for that matter or at least desire to do so.

March 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
    • Silver

Repeating "I'm stoopid" one million times won't make you smart.

March 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

I owe most of my academic prowess to loving my neighbor as myself. I am tolerant, peaceable, joyful, honest, etc because of it. I can think with brutal rationality because of it. Most of u r afraid to try it. be brave.

March 9, 2012 at 5:14 am |
  15. towly

i'm against 'gay marriage'. Cnn moderator is denying my posts. Biased liberal cnn is stifling opinion and discussion and freedom of speech. Shame on you naughty cnn moderator. This is no way to win your little battles. Real cultural change takes a long time. Too bad for you you will be on the losing end. We hit maybe a dozen states max in the the gaybate thing before it gets shot down nationwide. Humanity always reverts to the mean. The 1%ers will go back to their non-marriage status eventually.

March 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • Helpful Hints

No moderator here, oh paranoid one.

Bad letter combinations / words to avoid if you want to get past the CNN automatic filter:
      Many, if not most, are buried within other words, so use your imagination.
      You can use dashes, spaces, or other characters to modify the "offending" letter combinations.
      ---
      ar-se.....as in ar-senic.
      co-ck.....as in co-ckatiel, co-ckatrice, co-ckleshell, co-ckles, etc.
      co-on.....as in rac-oon, coc-oon, etc.
      cu-m......as in doc-ument, accu-mulate, circu-mnavigate, circu-mstances, cu-mbersome, cuc-umber, etc.
      cu-nt.....as in Scu-ntthorpe, a city in the UK famous for having problems with filters...!
      ef-fing...as in ef-fing filter
      ft-w......as in soft-ware, delft-ware, swift-water, drift-wood, etc.
      ho-mo.....as in ho-mo sapiens or ho-mose-xual, ho-mogenous, etc.
      ho-rny....as in tho-rny, etc.
      hu-mp… as in th-ump, th-umper, th-umping
      jacka-ss...yet "ass" is allowed by itself.....
      ja-p......as in j-apanese, ja-pan, j-ape, etc.
      koo-ch....as in koo-chie koo..!
      nip-ple
      o-rgy….as in po-rgy, zo-rgy, etc.
      pi-s......as in pi-stol, lapi-s, pi-ssed, therapi-st, etc.
      p-orn… as in p-ornography
      pr-ick....as in pri-ckling, pri-ckles, etc.
      que-er
      ra-pe.....as in scra-pe, tra-peze, gr-ape, thera-peutic, sara-pe, etc.
      se-x......as in Ess-ex, s-exual, etc.
      sl-ut
      sn-atch
      sp-ic.....as in desp-icable, hosp-ice, consp-icuous, susp-icious, sp-icule, sp-ice, etc.
      sp-oon
      sp-ook… as in sp-ooky, sp-ooked
      strip-per
      ti-t......as in const-itution, att-itude, ent-ities, alt-itude, beat-itude, etc.
      tw-at.....as in wristw-atch, nightw-atchman, etc.
      va-g......as in extrava-gant, va-gina, va-grant, va-gue, sava-ge, etc.
      who-re....as in who're you kidding / don't forget to put in that apostrophe!
      wt-f....also!!!!!!!

March 8, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
    • LinCA

@towly

You said, "Cnn moderator is denying my posts. Biased liberal cnn is stifling opinion and discussion and freedom of speech. Shame on you naughty cnn moderator."

CNN uses automated censoring that looks for words, or fragments of words, that are considered offensive. My guess is that your post had had a forbidden word in it.

Repeat posts, even those that were previously censored and not displayed, will show a message stating that you posted it before.

The following words or word fragments will get your post censored (list is incomplete):
      arse
      spic
      tit
      twat
      vag
      whore
      wtf

To circumvent the filters you can break up the words by putting an extra character in, like: consti.tution (breaking the oh so naughty "tit").

March 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
    • towly

LMFO! Haha! How'd u do that LinCA? Awesome!

March 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
    • Yo!

"We hit maybe a dozen states max in the the gaybate thing before it gets shot down nationwide. Humanity always reverts to the mean. The 1%ers will go back to their non-marriage status eventually."

You'll be the one crying in end it's going through the court systems and so far your side is loosing! It's about civil rights not religion.

March 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm |
    • Silver

So towly gonna apolowgize to CNN now? Your hero Rush Limpo did make an attempt at a fake apolo and you should too.

March 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
  16. Pepe

I am trying find a reason to care what Cameron thinks lol

March 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  17. J.W

I say everyone in here should just state what they believe on this and why they believe it. I have seen some say it is harmful to society, but I have never seen any statistics or case in which that is true.

March 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
    • Nonimus

Ok.
      I think Kirk Cameron is an idiot, because he and Ray Comfort make arguments with evidence like crockoducks and bananas.

March 8, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • BRC

@Nominus,
      Had to look that one up; and I must say that the artist's rendition, while toothy, is an adorable little bugger.

March 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
    • fred

Well, if you take God and the Bible out of the equation then whatever society decides to allow for the moment goes. On the negative side society always needs to find balance and in order to have balance you need equal weight on both sides of fulcrum. Without the Bible and gay marriage you have a real fulcrum problem !

March 8, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • Nonimus

@fred,
      I think the balance is between personal liberties and a functional society, or everyone else's rights, e.g. my right to swing my fist ends at someone else's nose. I'm not sure what the fulcrum problem is, perhaps you are just taking the balance metaphor a little too literally?

March 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm |

Nonimus
      What I gather from civilizations over time there appears a balance that does not allow my fist to reach your nose. The Greeks for example loved their pederasty as did the people who were caught up in it. The Christians put the final end to it then went overboard with the puritan world view. The Christians never reached purity and the Greeks never could push their perversion much farther than pre pubescent boys.
      As to the fulcrum it was a play on words as when Dr. Mccoy asked Spock what is your Vulcan problem !

March 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • BRC

@fred,
      I'm not looking to start a fight here, but at what point did you think that claiming Christianity brought an end to pederasty on THIS blog was a good idea? (it didn't, the drastic reduction was cause by maturation and developement of our species as a whole across multiple societies, it still hasn't completely gone away and saddly probably never will)

March 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm |

BRC
      I used that example because the Dorians merged law and religion to incorporate this practice which later spread to Athens and adopted by the Greeks then Roman aristocracy. In contrast with the early Christians that merged Jewish law and religion to incorporate purity into the culture. It was the Germanic Christian influence in the 3rd century that imposed harsh penalty on the practice. I was looking at the localized change in acceptable morality that reflected the influence of religion when merged with law that can be beneficial or harmful to a society. There appears a history of balance returning when morality reaches its fullness of decadence or holiness.

March 8, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • LinCA

@BRC

Don't feel too bad if fred isn't persuaded by rational arguments. He (I thinks fred is a "he", my apologies if I'm wrong) doesn't feel the need to adjust his position if it is pointed out to be incorrect. I mentioned to him that the Greek pederast customs died out well before christianity reared it's ugly head, way back in September. But, I guess that if something doesn't fit his twisted world view, it is simply ignored.

See:

March 8, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
    • Nonimus

@fred,
      "On a global historic scale even though there are regional swings in morality are we not about in the same place as we were 10,000 years ago? Is there not a balance that has been struck by some means?"
      I would say no. We are much more moral than ever, I think. Slavery is no longer just accepted, women have more equality, debtor prisons no longer exist, feudal system no longer exist, child labor laws, no more Divine Right, no more human, or animal sacrifice, etc., etc., etc,

March 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm |

LinCA
      I do not think the history is clear as to Germanic or Christian influence that pushed pederasty into the closet. Clearly when Justinian judicial reforms imposed harsh penalty is a point of reference but, some say it was the Germanic conquests earlier. Either way that was not point but, if you know who put the beast in the closet I would like to know
      Ready for this: because I value your opinion even when its right.

March 8, 2012 at 4:29 pm |

Nonimus
      Interesting, my world view seems to alter the way I see morality over time. The Bible reflects the chosen ones from the time of Cain falling into depravity then being punished followed by a remnant starting the process all over again. The current remnant came out of the Babylonian captivity (some say remnants of 70AD Roman destruction of Jerusalem). In the U.S. the peak was 1960 with us currently in a downward slide into captivity or even final Armageddon. I see the U.S and the world in moral decline.
      The number of slaves is the largest today than any other time in history (12-27 million). Percentage wise it is probably the lowest. Same goes for the killing and persecution of peoples in the 20th century. Can we even gauge morality based on a relative percentage to feel better about our overall goodness as a human race? If we use relative percentage I am wrong to be influenced by my Christian world view as actual numbers point to greater relative goodness in the world. On an absolute basis 12 million slaves and 160 million war deaths is the opposite of goodness from a Christian and non Christian world view.
      Are we not going in the wrong direction absolutely?

March 8, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • LinCA

@fred

You said, "I do not think the history is clear as to Germanic or Christian influence that pushed pederasty into the closet."
      If even you think the history isn't clear you shouldn't claim it as an achievement of christianity.

I'm no expert on the matter by any stretch of the imagination, but a quick internet search leads me to believe that the practice was all but discontinued long before the first christians roamed the world. Definitely long before they were a force strong enough to change societal norms in Greece.

March 8, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
    • Tooth Fairy

LinCA

Be nice to fred I never left left anything under freds pillow but all the other kids got something.
      Jesus on the other hand gave fred a free gift of salvation. This is why fred knows there is a difference between the Tooth Fairy and God. "Don't feel too bad if fred isn't persuaded by rational arguments"

March 9, 2012 at 1:34 am |
  18. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

March 8, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • Lee

*citation needed

March 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
    • janine

My children are athiests and they are very happy and very healthy. We don't pray and I'm not sure where you're going with all living things...Plants need prayer?

March 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • PAW

No it doesn't.

March 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
    • just sayin

Yes it does

March 8, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • Lee

Has there ever been a scientifically verifiable instance of prayer changing something? That'd be news to me.

March 8, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • Jesus

~~~The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!~~

March 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer really changes things
      God bless you

March 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Jesus

"Prayer really changes things"

And regardless of the names you use you're still a LIAR!

March 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  19. BoldGeorge

It is interesting to see in here how most that advocate and support lawful gay marriages are labeling Christians as haters or anti-socials, when in fact we are doing and feeling just the opposite (at least I am). We love everyone, we are suppose to love everyone and that is why most of us are reaching out to everyone (just like I was once reached out to). The very fact that we preach and inform others of what the bible is telling us regarding the consequences of living a sinful lifestyle and accepting wrong as right is a pure testament of love. It's not being judgmental, much less "hating".

The interesting part is that this " hate" word is being passed around by none other than gay marriage supporters themselves, not Christians. And we can all clearly see how bashing toward Christians this forum has been. Now, there is a difference between hating and bashing.

Hating is: "You're gay and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
    Loving is: "You're gay but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

March 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • BRC

@BoldGeorge,
      I think if you asked, you would wuickly find that most people don't want that kind of love (which many would call patronizing, and insulting). I think more than they would simply want your Respect.

RESPECT:You don't believe the same unprovable truths that I believe, but I understand that you are an independent thinking person fully capable of making your own decisions about your beliefs and how to live your life, and unless your actions are immediately endangering your physical well being, or directly interfering with me living my life; I will keep my opinions on how you should live to myself unless you ask for them, and I will not try to use the unbiased legal system to make you live the life I think is correct.

March 8, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • TING

So of all of the religions that have popped up over thousands of years, yours happens to be the one that is true? Congratulations. That's amazing. I couldn't care less what you want to believe or what group you want to be a part of. Keep it to yourself and out of government. If we followed your book of morality then this country would be number one on the world's hit list for human rights violations. Don't expect the rest of the world to follow your archaic belief system. Welcome to the 21st century.

March 8, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ TING – "Don't expect the rest of the world to follow your archaic belief system. Welcome to the 21st century."

You're so right! And to be quite frank, I don't expect the world to follow any biblical belief...especially in this 21st century.

March 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • myweightinwords

Hate is: You're going to hell.
      Love is: I love you.

Hate is: God says you are going to hell.
      Love is: I love you.

Hate is: Being gay is per.ver.ted and wrong.
      Love is: I love you.

Hate is: Being gay is a lifestyle choice.
      Love is: I love you.

Etc.

March 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ TING

March 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
    • Stewart

–The interesting part is that this " hate" word is being passed around by none other than gay marriage supporters themselves, not Christians.–

I am a Christian and yes I believe the people that are cherry picking the bible to justify their personal prejudices are full of hate. There are new facts about gays, facts that can no longer be ignored, just like facts were revealed about women and blacks. It's time this group gets the same civil rights as everyone else. Why do you think that there have been huge marches by Christians supporting these rights? If you are not aware of that then may you should ask yourself why.

March 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • Yo

So BoldGeorge what about all the other sinful lifestyles are you doing the same or are you picking and choosing as usual.

Hating is: "You're Adulterous (divorces or living together and not married) and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're Adulterous but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

Hating is: "You're greedy and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're greedy but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

Hating is: "You're gluttonous (people who are overweight) and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're gluttonous but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

Hating is: "You're a drunk (more than 4 glasses of alcohol a week) and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're a drunk but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

Hating is: "You're a thief (you surf the internet at work and take products from work home) and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're a thief but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

Hating is: "You're lazy (you stay at home watching TV when you should be helping the needy) and I wish you go to hell for that you sinner."
      Loving is: "You're lazy but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already."

March 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Yo

March 8, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • LinCA

@BoldGeorge

You said, "But that doesn't mean I have to quit and not fulfill my God-given, Christian duties."
      Considering that the existence of your god is questionable, at best, you should keep the exercise your "duties" to like-minded people. You infringe upon other people's rights if you don't.

You said, "Remember, LOVE is no a mere feeling, if a feeling at all. It is an action word that must be exercised."
      Yet you appear to advocate that some people don't get to exercise it.

You said, "Having said all this (written rather), a true Christian will never stop informing others about God's love, God's redemption through Christ and most importantly, God's punishment on willful sinners.."
      A god that would punish the creatures that he created for doing as they were created to do, is beyond contempt. If your god is truly that barbaric, he is not worthy of worship. And if he isn't, you're doing it wrong.

So, either way you are wrong. You are worshiping a monstrosity of a god, or you are making a monstrosity of worshiping your god.

You said, "..and ignorance is not an excuse."
      Doesn't the same go for adults that still believe in mythical beings without any supporting evidence?

March 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
    • LinCA

@BoldGeorge

You said, "Sin is sin."
      A sin is a violation of a religious rule or law. Those that don't follow that particular religion don't "sin". Atheists, for instance, are incapable of sin.

In the US, the US Constitution trumps all other laws, rules and regulations. This includes any regulations, rule or law flowing from any religious text. You may voluntarily subject yourself to any other restriction you feel like, but you can't force anyone else to do the same.

In a civilized society, religious rules can only place addition restrictions on individuals who elect to follow that particular religion. They can't place restrictions on society, nor provide additional freedoms, not available to the society as a whole.

In a civilized society, your religious rules carry no weight.

You said, "I am not cherry picking anything."
      Yes, you are. It is impossible not to. You can't follow every rule in the bible without breaking at least a few of them.

March 8, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
    • Yo!

"Sin is sin. I am not cherry picking anything. All the ones you've mentioned are sins, yes. I was only responding to this article's theme. If this article was to be about adultery, I would have written my comments in the same fashion. And I in no way am saying I am without sin."

But you are not out blocking the civil rights of those lifestyles living in sin now are you. Your hatred and prejudice makes you blind.

March 8, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

For every atheist who feels he can handle it. try this. Tell as many people as u know that,"I love u as myself" instead of a plain "I love u" for just one day. The following day tell urself as many times as u can remember that," I love my neighbor as myself". Enjoy ur test of the Bible.

March 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • Yo!

"Tell as many people as u know that,"I love u as myself" instead of a plain "I love u" for just one day. The following day tell urself as many times as u can remember that," I love my neighbor as myself". Enjoy ur test of the Bible."

You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.

March 8, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
    • WASP

@BG:"But that doesn't mean I have to quit and not fulfill my God-given, Christian duties. Remember, LOVE is no a mere feeling, if a feeling at all. It is an action word that must be exercised. That is why I never understand people when they say, "I don't feel I love you anymore." They should rather say, "I don;t want to put anymore effort into loving you." Having said all this (written rather), a true Christian will never stop informing others about God's love, God's redemption through Christ and most importantly, God's punishment on willful sinners....and ignorance is not an excuse."

that is the number one thing atheists have been saying about christians; we don't want you bothing us on a saturday mourning while we are trying to play with our kids. i don't want you people stopping me asking me if i have heard the "good word" or looking down your noses at me because you feel i am wrong. christians don't get it.....george carlin said it best" keep thy religion to thy self" smart man. i love asking christians to answer this one simple question and watching those tiny little gears in their brains grind to a halt......" without using the bible prove god." let people live their lives and be happy with your own life, there are more important things that need to be done in this world then being condecending about someone elses choice in a mate or way of life.
      oh yeah love is a feeling, i feel it in my chest. i have this tightness in my chest and my heart quickens when i'm around the person/persons i love. so love is a feeling, because i can feel the effects of that emotion. the statement "i feel i don't love you anymore" literally means they don't feel the physical and chemical add-ons of that particular emotional state. that normally happens somewhere between three months to a few years down the road; that is when knowing your partner comes into play.......if you have communication; comprimise; trust and understanding then you can rekindle and even find a hotter love then you orginally started with because it is more based on the knowledge of that person, then physical attraction.
      plus who are you to tell someone that they are wrong for who they love, hypocrite.......you said"
      You're gay but I do not wish you perish in your sinful lifestyle, and just like I was once perishing in my sins, I wish for you to be redeemed by Christ, just like I am. Because Christ CAN redeem gay people and He has some already." that is that condecending atti.tude that just ticks me off. you use a book from the bronze age that was voted, written and decided upon by a group of men to say you're "saved" and the people you don't like or don't do things your way are going to burn for all eternity.

March 9, 2012 at 8:29 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Wasp – "i love asking christians to answer this one simple question and watching those tiny little gears in their brains grind to a halt......" without using the bible prove god."

What kind of question or statement is that? I can only answer you with a question, which I know is not to nice to do, but there is no other way to reply to your statement/question:

How can you prove anything without using any form of literature/information source, which is basically done by reading??? Why is it that people believe in evolution? By reading about it. Why is it that we know how to become professionals in a certain area? By educating ourselves which would be almost impossible if it weren't for reading and experience. So, your question, sorry to say, is a bit absurd. God intended for humans to know about Him and His salvation by reading His word. There would be no other way.Final words, God can and has been proven by reading His word and experiencing all the joys and blessings it brings into people's lives, people that have decided to follow Him of course.

March 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
    • WASP

@BG: i can take you to well seems almost anywhere in north america to show you fossils and explain how things evolve over time even without reading about the subject. i can take you to the amazon and show you differences in the same fish species in the same river system due to adaptation and even test why their enviroment caused the change. i can take you to australia and new zealand to show you the same bird but with different adaptations to their enviroment that will lead to them becoming two seperate species given enough time. where religion fails at this point is without their religious book there isn't any way for them to show you their "god" or belief there in. reason it's called a belief, no proof outside that religious book.

March 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
  20. Nii Croffie

You haven't read the Bible and understood it while Mr Cameron is a world-renowned Christian minister. Loving your neighbor as yourself includes pointing out his mistakes so that he may correct them and live a better life.

March 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • MarkinFL

I've read the bible and understood it well enough to lose any further interest in it. I do have to hand it to the writers though. They managed to create a book that is simultaneously dull AND evil.

March 8, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

As I said u have not read and UNDERSTOOD it.

March 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Nonimus

@MarkinFL,
      Isn't it obvious that you don't "understand" the Bible until you agree with @Nii Croffie?

/sarcasm

March 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • janine

No...you have no idea what you're talking about. You are probably old enough to stop believing that silly fairy tale.

March 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • myweightinwords

Having read the bible, I must point out that it gives conflicting reports on the subject of "pointing out mistakes" to your neighbor.

That Jesus guy said things like "love your neighbor as you love yourself" and "judge not lest you be judged by the same measure" and "take the log out of your own eye before you go after the speck in your brother's" all of which seem to imply, at least to my interpretation, that what he wanted his followers to do was love people and live their lives the best the could...not point out what their neighbors were doing wrong.

March 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • Nonimus

@myweightinwords,
      Well done. I would like to disagree, but then I would have to "point out" your mistakes.

😉

March 8, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • Nii Croffie

Being judgemental is what Christ forbade in dose verses i.e. talking about peoples mistakes behind their backs 2 ridicule them. Love demands that we face people who wrong us or make mistakes n tell them gently what they can do 2 remedy it. Psychologists make money doing this. Xtians do it 4 free.

March 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm |