home
RSS
March 14th, 2012

Petition: Free Pakistani Christian woman set for execution

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -
Activists presented a petition Tuesday to the United Nations Human Rights Council calling on Pakistan to free a Christian mother of five from being put to death on the charge of blasphemy.

But an investigation by a Pakistani government ministry found the charges stemmed from religious and personal enmity and recommended Bibi's release.

FULL STORY
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Asia • Pakistan

1. just sayin

The name thief helps to spread a Truth , That "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things" granted everything else it posts are lies but by using the handle a strong Truth is made more available to all people. Praise God. God works in wonderful ways !

March 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
  2. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

March 14, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  3. Rebel4Christ

And Islam is a peacful faith ha please

March 14, 2012 at 5:41 pm |
    • Nonimus

hmmm... how can you be a rebel for someone?

... wouldn't a rebel rebel against authority? Just wondering.

March 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm |
    • Rebel4Christ

Well we live in a culture where sin is the norm. So if everybody is sinning and defying Jesus thats the norm but if im standing up for Jesus then arent I rebeling against normal soiciety? So thats why im a rebel for Christ

March 14, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

compared to World War One, Two, Holocaust, Communist Purges, Islam is actually quite peaceful. Its just relative you see. You kill 100,000,000 and then have 50 years of peace and think you are peaceful. Muslims kill 50 everyday year-in year-out, which adds up to only 1,000,000 over 50 years. So the Muslims think they are peaceful compared to you!!!

March 14, 2012 at 6:09 pm |
    • Rebel4Christ

Um sir i have never killed any one. I wasnt alive during the holocaust and certainly wasnt a nazi secondly I never have killed anybody in my entire life!

March 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Well I am Christian (as you well know) and when I was a kid I was taken to church and I prayed for the .e.x.t.e.r.m.i.n.a.t.io.n of N.a.z.i.s and J.a.p.s., read G.I. comics, had two cap pistols and a white hat (so others wold know I was good). Later I had a Daisy B.B. gun and shot tin cans and bottles. When I was old enough I went in the m.i.l.i.t.a.r.y and shot an M1 G.a.r.a.n.d (and it was grand). I also shot a 5 i.n.c.h.e.r (whew! .. big). After that I carried a 357 Colt Python. (on duty) It was a dandy. I a.r.r.e.s.t.e.d the b.a.d.d.i.e.s and protected the good (Christian ) folks and there was not much "g.r.a.y. area" in those days (because we were RIGHT!) Our law was right. Our way of life was right. And I always felt like we don't have an I.r.o.n C.u.r.t.a.i.n and so anyone who doesn't like it can leave. (But nobody ever does .. they keep coming here .. millions of them). One reason being as good Christians we do not e.x.e.c.u.t.e people for speaking their mind at work. So it is good to be Christian - sorry for you if you are not - but it IS your choice. I still figure - if you do not like it then leave .. also I like the idea of letting God sort e.m. out - He knows His own..

March 15, 2012 at 12:03 am |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

you may not have killed anybody, neither has my muslim neighbor!! But this is how he explained it to me one time when we were arguing about violence.

MUSLIMS
      kill 50, 100 people EVERYDAY, if it is not fror being christian, its terrorism, if not that, some other reason, every day of the week, muslims kill atleast 100 people here and there and everywhere.

100 x 7 days/week x 50 weeks/year x 100 years (1910 – 2010) = 3,500,000 killed by Muslims in 100 years.

NON-MUSLIMS
      don't kill anybody. But between 1910 – 1950 they had the following TOTALLY non-Islamic events.
      – WORLD WAR ONE
      – WORLD WAR TWO
      – JEWISH HOLOCAUST
      – COMMUNIST PURGES
      – BLACK AFRICAN GENOCIDES
      total deaths by Non-Muslims in these five RECENT "superbowls of death" = 100,000,000

CONCLUSION
      after adjusting for there being 4 times as many Non-Muslims in the world as Muslims (3,500,000 x 5)
      Muslims have killed (per capita) = 18,000,000 since 1910
      Non-Muslims have killed (per capita) = 100,000,000 since 1910

Islam is the Religion of Peace!!!

March 15, 2012 at 1:51 am |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

@ Rebel4Christ
      also its sort of interesting to note, that today, all we think is Islam = Violence. Everyday in the news, there is a story, Muslim killed so many here, so many there. But if you rewind back just 50-100 years (not that long ago btw), we are talking the modern world, not Victorian England or the Dark Ages or anything, JUST YESTERDAY! 1900 – 1950, the Muslim World was the most peaceful part of the world!!! All the news was of violence of christians and chinese and athiests and communists and whatever. Everyday THOUSANDS of people used to get killed right here, and no one even reported any killings in the Muslim World, because they were TOTALLY INSIGNIFICANT compared to what we killed with our own hands.

March 15, 2012 at 2:41 am |
  4. BoldGeorge

Imagine if there was the death penalty for anyone who blasphemed the name of Jesus Christ, three-fourth of the world's population would be wiped out. Good thing my God is merciful:

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

March 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

...and that call to repentance Peter is talking about expires with your last breath on this earth.

March 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm |

Merciful?

What about the lake of fire and eternal torment, not to mention gnashing of teeth?

March 14, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • lol

shut up, moron.

March 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Nominus

I don't know if you've done this (maybe as a kid), but have you ever noted how many breaths of fresh air you take every ten seconds? Well, whatever breaths of air you take every ten seconds, that is the amount of chances you are being given to come to acknowledgement of unbelief, to repentance of your sins, and to the knowledge of God's salvation.

March 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
    • Rebel4Christ

Bold George is right! And you send yourself to hell not God!

March 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

...so in a few words, for every breath of air you inhale and exhale, you are given a chance to come to realize you are a sinner, come to believe and trust In God's redemption through His Son Jesus Christ, and be saved from eternal condemnation. You cannot say you were never warned.

Romans 1:20
      For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

March 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm |
    • Nonimus

What sins do I have to be repentant for? Is not all God's will? Did not God create everyone and everything, including hell and including those that would end up there? Ah, but I have free will, you say. Do I really have the free will to overcome my true nature that God created in me? How is that possible? Even if such a thing were possible, who am I to thwart God's will? He made me the way I am for a reason, perhaps that reason is for me to go to the hell which God created. Why else would he have created it?

March 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm |

Nominus, Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

March 14, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

Let me put it this way. There are so many holes in the "Jesus story", christianity can't afford to kill people who blaspheme it! It would end up in a massacre.

March 14, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
    • Rebel4Christ

Nonimus

What you are refering to is a belief called Calvanism. Started by John Calvin. The beliefs of calvanists are that we have no control over life. But most Christians dont believe that. God knows whats going to happen but he doesnt control what happens in your life. And sometimes he controls whats going to happen but thats only if your following him. Jesus never eliminates free will.

March 14, 2012 at 6:02 pm |
    • Nonimus

Whoa, hold on a minute there.

"... His invisible attributes, ... have been clearly seen... "
      How does that even make sense?

"...being understood through what has been made,...", Right?
      So, in other words, study the works. That is exactly what scientists are doing.

If his attributes, power, and whatever are evident through the world of nature, i.e. "what has been made", then science will eventually lead to God. If that is the case, fine, great, so be it. Until then however, you argument don't carry any weight.

March 14, 2012 at 6:02 pm |
    • Nonimus

Sorry for kicking the hornet's nest.

You guys/gals realize that quoting the Bible is not persuasive, right?

March 14, 2012 at 6:04 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Nominus

I'm glad you are asking the right questions. That is definitely a start in seeking God and His will. Sin is what keeps us blind and what separates us from seeking God's will, God's love, and God's salvation. Sin is basically (not that there's anything basic about it) categorized within these 3 elements: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life – 1 John 2:15-17.

Since God is calling you my friend (and this is no sarcasm, please), the start to seeking Him, knowing Him and trusting Him is to come to this acknowledgement ....2 Corinthians 4:4 – "...in whose case the...world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

March 14, 2012 at 6:11 pm |

@Rebel4Christ,
      "But most Christians dont believe that."
      But what if you're wrong (the infamous Pascal's Wager), you may be going to hell with me, no matter what.

"God knows whats going to happen but he doesnt control what happens in your life. And sometimes he controls whats going to happen but thats only if your following him. Jesus never eliminates free will."
      What? Wait, so He controls those who follow Him, but not those who don't. So if I go to hell, it's His fault? Why? Because, obviously I can't save myself, right? Only God's mercy can. But He won't save me against my will, even though my will isn't enough to save myself.

So I have to struggle through a life and world that He created knowing that I have no possibility of saving myself, all in the hopes that He will deign to save me from the torment that He created. That doesn't sound very nice to me.

March 14, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

I quote the bible (and every other true Christian would) because in it is the source of all truth, the source of all knowledge and the source of your Salvation. Think about it...everything you've ever learned in life, you've learned it by reading then through experience. The bible is the same, except you will experience God's promise.

March 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm |

@BoldGeorge,

hmmm... but how does one tell if one is blind or sighted? Sinner or saint? Would not the most sinful, such as Lucifer, think he is doing right?

March 14, 2012 at 6:17 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Nominus...I use to like the concept of "Pascal's Wager." Until my personal experience with the Lord made me realize that it really isn't much of a bet/wager. Knowing God, trusting Him instead of myself and having faith that I will one day see Him is not much of a bet. I do not feel like I have gambled my life away believing what I believe, but I feel certain, I know that I am in the truth and when you know what I know, you will feel that having decided to follow Christ is nowhere near of being a wager, but it's a certainty.

March 14, 2012 at 6:19 pm |

@BoldGeorge,
      I would think that The Truth would be self evident.

2 + 2 = 0
      All men are mortal. Socrates is a man. Therefore Socrates is mortal.
      Light is reflected at the exact same angle as the angle of incidence.
      A Rose by any other name would smell a sweet

March 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Nominus...

Satan/Lucifer/Devil KNOWS he is doing wrong. He delights in that fact and he is delighted that he has blinded most of the world to come to the knowledge of God, and furthermore, he is delighted that no one believes in him either (one of his many clever schemes), and that in itself is a prerequisite for eternal condemnation. You know what his secret weapon is??? Man's PRIDE. PRIDE is what is not letting you approach God.

March 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
    • Nonimus

oops, "...as sweet" obviously.

March 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm |
    • Nonimus

Ah, but wouldn't "evil's" ultimate accomplishment be to convince you that what 'the evil one' knows he is evil thereby convincing you that since you don't think you're doing evil then you must be good? Doesn't Lucifer mean light or bright, anyway?

Anyway, sorry to cut the discussion short, but I must go now.

Peace

March 14, 2012 at 6:30 pm |

@BoldGeorge,
      "PRIDE is what is not letting you approach God."
      It seems to me that science, with its position of everything being tentative, is the more humble position to take, especially when every claim must be evidenced in an objective manner so that no one person can claim special knowledge that must be trusted; all knowledge is attainable through study and research and is objectively verifiable.

Creationism/ID, along with theists, are the ones claiming personal knowledge and certainty. Knowledge which can only be gained with assistance from some supernatural being, i.e. personal revelation. Although, this may seem, on the surface, to be a humble position, in actuality I propose that it is more prideful because the believer claims that they personally KNOW the answer regardless of evidence to the contrary.

March 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  5. Sam Yaza

On one hand I like to show support to a person being persecuted on the other I know that If the tables were turn Christians would do the same, let Gods divided house deal with it hes times coming to an end any way

March 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • Keith

If the tables were turn Christians would do the same
      You're so full of crap. Like Boko Haram in Nigeria I suppose? Get a clue.

March 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

2000 years says other wise

not to mention 4 of my close friends are “missing” thanks to your ilk

your some of the worst persecutes in history even in modern times, and most the times you don't even know it. I mean do you even see the emotional persecution you do by saying your god is the only god and every one else is a lie by the devil, as well as saying the world is only 6000 years old,.. by saying that you deny the existence of every one whose religion predates yours. And look I’m only covering emotional persecution need I show you more.

How about African slavery,... I believe the reasoning was ,... “because there not Christians there not human and we can use those pagans like all other animals.

March 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  6. jimtanker

Guess she shouldnt have broken the law.

March 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  7. Question

Should Asia be excecuted?

March 14, 2012 at 3:44 pm |

March 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

honestly, the pakis should just ship her off to christiandom. She could make a good living being paraded on the christian speaking circuit like that Somali woman in Europe. Easy money. Everybody is happy. One less christian in pakiland, one more infidel in chrstiandom. Win-win situation.

March 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
  8. Ykcyc

RELIGION
    Religion is a sickness of the mind
    It twists, distorts reality and will
    Divide, sort, break, and label our kind
    Delusion that is truly evil, ill.
    Religion is a sickness of the world
    Opinions, positions, thoughts, beliefs
    Can only bring destruction, pain, and war
    Can only cause more bloodshed, grief, and tears
    Lies that are spread to keep the hate alive
    Contagious blindness, masked as real Truth
    To see, one only has to look with open mind
    And open heart, to break from prison of their views
    Blind faith, unconsciousness, fanatic make-believe
    Like wounded animal, tries to defend itself
    Imagined enemies and threats to its own myth
    Cause pain and suffering in its own hell
    Infects our minds with thoughts of right and wrong
    Pretends to be the Truth, to know what it is
    Based on reality that’s long been gone
    It lies of Love, true kindness, bliss, and peace
    Pretends, as if it’s possible in words
    Express the miracle, that is One Life, itself
    The depth of space, the “why?” of countless worlds
    Contained in dusty books, decaying on the shelf?
    Reality itself, Eternal, Infinite, Divine
    It’s purpose, plan, and reason “why?”
    It’s everywhere and all the time
    For “special me”, to grant me “mine”?
    For us to feel the joy, to simply be
    Exists reality beyond religion’s plan
    Beyond the ego’s, “mine”, and “me”
    Lies consciousness of Tao and Zen.
    To notice, all we have to do is listen, look
    Inside, One Truth, One Life is who we truly are
    But, we won’t get from “them” or “their books”
    The fact, God does exist, it’s only Love.

March 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • Nii

You wud never truly understand what Christians mean by God is love till you love your neighbor as yourself. A different thing from love your neighbor. If u can do this then you wud experience YHWH.

March 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
    • Huh?

"You wud never truly understand what Christians mean by God is love till you love your neighbor as yourself. "

You haven't master this one yet and it's completely obvious reading your remarks to others that you don't really love yourself.

March 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • The Knights Who Say 'Nii'

We shall say Nii again to you...if you do not appease us.

Bring me a shrubbery. One that's nice. And not too expensive.

March 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
    • Charge Nurse Betty of the Paranoia Nut Ward

1000 years ago, anyone who would have had "god is love", would be stoned, executed, or laughed out of the castle. Today it's in vogue, so it flys, (well it really crashes), but saying god is a HUMAN EMOTION, is better than saying she is the "god of hosts".

March 14, 2012 at 4:01 pm |

@Nii,

Sorry, but these types of statements are useless. If someone says, "but I do love my neighbor as myself" and still doesn't believe in your God, then it is easy enough to say, "apparently not, because if you truly did love your neighbor as yourself then you would believe."

It sets up a subjective test for sufficiency that cannot be achieved unless the end goal is also achieved. You can't understand until you believe. If you don't believe then you don't understand. If you understand then you will believe.

March 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
    • Nonimus

Essentially, No True Scotsman, I guess.

March 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • J.W

Well if Nii hates himself then it is ok for him to hate others. You only have to love others as much as you love yourself.

March 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
    • Ykcyc

@Nii
      How could I have been so blind?
      But, thanks to you and your "love" for me, now I can see, Nii.
      I know, I am not worthy, and will never be able to "love" my neighbor as myself, Nii, like you...
      But your "love" for me, even though, I am not worthy, Nii is truly inspirational.
      You are the one, Nii to teach us all how to "love" and not hate, Nii.
      So, I beg you, oh, Nii, can you please spread some more of that "love", that is just oozing from out of you?

March 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • Nii

The concept of love is this. If u love ur neighbor as urself then it proves that u love God with all ur life. This means u r possessed by God n u'll exhibit His attributes. It is a path I'm travelling n it is just wonderful. I hope u do 2o. I don't mean I'm better than u but that I'm just like u.

March 14, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
    • Nii

This is the reason why salvation in Christ is not a religious affair. It is based on loving ur neighbor as urself. That is why as a Christian I love my life n enjoy every minute of it. If there is heaven I will continue the joy.

March 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
    • Ykcyc

@Nii
      There is a total difference between your concept of "love" and Love. The one you are referring to is a "pretend" / try to / make effort "love" someone had told you about and you believed. The other is who we truly are when we see that all concepts and ideologies are false. No effort is necessary to be who we are. We are already that. No one, including Christians have possession of the Truth. If we are trying to understand, we've missed the point. To notice, all we have to do is listen, look...

March 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
  9. Four Jumps to Insanity

Why are there no American Muslims speaking out, with a central voice, against this sort of crap ? What are they all afraid of ? Are they totally unable to organize themselves ?

March 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • Keith

Perhaps they are the silent majority that actually agrees with killing Bibi. You know, the same ones who high-fived, honked horns, and passed out candy in the streets in all the muslim countries on 911.

March 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm |

• Well we showed them. Didn't we Keith? And we'll do it again.

March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • hippypoet

keith you really are an idiot!

go pray to your petty god that there will be minimal damage when the doctors remove your head from your as$!

March 14, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • Keith

Well we showed them. Didn't we Keith? And we'll do it again.
      I wouldn't be so sure. 911 was a warning shot accross the bow of a nation that has turned its back on God. Instead of repenting collectively, we defiantely took matters into our own hands. We didn't receive the message. If we no longer have God's hand of protection on this nation, we could be defeated by Outer Splovovia.

March 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
    • Reasonable1

All muslims, including the American muslims, want this infidel executed. What do you mean American muslims are not speaking out? Their silence is deafening!!

March 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
    • SPA Knight

Muslim first, American second. There's no other explanation is there other than fear of losing their own heads.

March 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

Using the religious extremism of a small amount of a Muslim population, and the tragedy that followed in an attempt to push your own agenda of "god" is a sick thing. You truly are one of the most arrogant, intolerant, and sickening individuals I have ever had the misfortune to read a post from. Seeing people like you Keith, it makes me want to believe in a hell just so I know that you'll be there when I get there.

March 14, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
    • Dave in FL

Did you hear from any muslim condemning the execution of Bibi?

March 14, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
    • Keith

HawaiiGuest, Arrogant-because I know God's Truth? Intolerant of evil-yes! There is a hell-but you won't see me there. Perhaps you won't be there partying with all your friends. Perhaps it's solitary confinement? Then again, the rich man did look accross the great gulf fixed and could see Lazzarus and Abraham-but that was Paradise-those captives were set free. I'm afraid I will see you, however:
      Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
      Guess that means I will be seeing you and hippypoet and others....too bad, really.

March 14, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • Ykcyc

Muslims are simply cowards. They are afraid. They are scared. They feel compelled to defend their beliefs (ideology), because they feel threatened. They think they are their beliefs. They would rather die, than admit that their beliefs are wrong or untrue. Their “all powerful” version of “god” is so impotent that it needs their feeble a$$ to do the work, it is obviously incapable of doing. Because their “god” is so impotent, it requires that they defend “it” and die for their “god”, by killing anyone, who simply disagrees with their delusion. They have been mind-fluckted and used. If they are able to ever wake up from their delusion, I don’t envy those, who’ve been pulling their strings.

March 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • Keith

HIguest, Your criticism is only reassurance to me:
      Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

March 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Huh?

"There is a hell-but you won't see me there."

There is no proof your hell exists.

March 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • hippypoet

keith –
      why, if you are a christian, do you keep quoting from the torah?

and since hell does not exist (pun is coming) thank god i won't have to see your face...thou i then could outsmart you face to face which is more fun for me but then you will get all mad at your lack of knowledge concerning the belief system you follow compared to me, whom follows nothing but the code of honesty and fairness!

kinda like your posts on these boards...lacking

if your god exists, it is a petty god!
      since your god does not, you are delusional!
      Since i can't prove your god doesn't exist you will use that waterless argument to keep the faith in your delusions which apparently lead you here day in and day out to be out smarted by those who do not believe in the same bs as you but yet know more about it then you... now how does that make you feel – be honest – god is watching, right? NO! GROW UP.

or let me punch you in the face so you can place the tooth under your pillow! 🙂

March 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • sam

Keith, being a douche probably gets people sent to hell, too, so...

March 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

You illustrate my point very nicely.

You know, humility is supposed to be something highly prized in the Christian religion. Your constant judgements of people who do not agree with you, and your use of human tragedies like 9/11, shows how little humility you have. Your self-righteous condemnations make for a very horrifying look into your inner psyche.

March 14, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Heavenly Father, thank You for this beautiful day You have given us to enjoy. Thank You for all Your blessings. We thank You most of all for sending Your Son, Jesus, to save our souls. We praise You and love You. We ask You, Heavenly Father, to forgive those who have typed an unkind word or had an unkind thought about one here. We ask You Heavenly Father to forgive us where we have failed You. We pray Heavenly Father that You would send Your Holy Spirit to draw these nonbelievers. We pray that You would help them see that they are sinners and in need of the Saviour. We pray that You would convict them of their sin. We pray that You would trouble them with their need of You until they surrender. We pray that You would save their lost souls before it is too late. Help them dear Lord we pray. We know Your will is perfect. We love You and praise You and thank You in Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

March 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • Peter

"e pray Heavenly Father that You would send Your Holy Spirit to draw these nonbelievers. We pray that You would help them see that they are sinners and in need of the Saviour. We pray that You would convict them of their sin. "

Your bad spelling really gives you away. By the way your going to hell for this comment and if you don't know why then actually read your bible. What an idiot.

March 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Robert Brown

Are you going to be a new copy/paste troll?

March 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • Mitt

Keith/RB you are talkin to the famous Abdul family above.

March 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
    • Keith

why do I quote the torah? The word of God is ONE book. Not two.

March 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Mitt

Who the hell is the Abdul family?

March 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
    • Charge Nurse Betty of the Paranoia Nut Ward

The word of god was many books, voted by humans, in a human meeting, into one canon. The vote alone, should be enough to tell you it's a human word.

March 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • Bizarre

"The word of god was many books, voted by humans, in a human meeting, into one canon."

Yeah... and I am pretty sure that there were at least a couple of Keith-like guys on that panel!

March 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Peter,
      Where specifically does it say that? Thanks.

HawaiiGuest,
      Yes, I am busted. I posted that yesterday when the comments got a little rough. I will try to be more original. Thanks.

March 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm |

Keith

Interesting you quote men rather thant he words from a god. Your faith is in man.

March 14, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Keith

hippypoet, to me, whom follows nothing but the code of honesty and fairness!-you mean some atheitic utopia? Didn't Joseph Stalin try that already?

March 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • Keith

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

March 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • Keith

HawaiiGuest, a small amount of a Muslim population
      Last time I checked, Pakistan had quite a few people living in it.

March 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm |

Keith

Thats nice......quoting your fellow man

March 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

Considering that the muslim population of Pakistan only accounts for about 11% of the worldwide muslim population, I don't see your point in pointing to Pakistan. I also find it strange that instead of addressing my most recent post, you choose to take a something from an earlier post that you had a chance to respond to before.

March 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • Keith

Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
      Can't be soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

March 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
    • Keith

Well, excuse me your highness! Yes, I live to promptly respond to your posts.(But I'm the arrogant one)

March 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm |

Keith

Can't be soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Don't hold your breathe....been over 2000 years and counting. lol I do wonder after another 2000 years......will there still be people saying the end is near and jebus is returning lol.....then in 10,000 years....what will they be saying. Oh the delusions of people are entertaining....about as fun as watching crazy people who think they hear voices or see amazing things that only they can see...oh wait those are christians. lol

March 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

And once again, you turn your back on actual discourse. I hope you know it merely gives the impression that you are unable to truly defend anything that you say.

March 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm |

Keith

Well, excuse me your highness! Yes, I live to promptly respond to your posts.
      Just dont let it happen again christian...we have plenty of hungry lions

March 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm |

HawaiiGuest

@Keith

Impression? Hell we already know. Now it is like withholding his meds and poking the crazy kid at school.

March 14, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
    • Keith

HawaiiGuest, "Everyone else is wrong, and I'm right, and all of you will go to hell for not believing like I do, all bow to my beliefs because I say so"
      If this is what you meant by your most recent post, I chose not to respond because you have misquoted me. I did not say that- you did. It's your warped perception of me, maybe-but it was not my quote-therefore why would I respond to such lies. Hell, you could work for the White House-get a job conjuring up birth certificates and draft cards and the like. The Ministry of Truth is always hiring.

March 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
    • Keith

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

March 14, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@Keith

I'm merely pointing out what seems to be a bit of a trend with you. You continue with a conversation, then when it really seems you cannot defend a stance, you jump back to something earlier and ignore the conversation you were having.
      That, of course, was not a direct quote, and I did not state that it was. The quotations are meant to separate my own words from the intent of people who believe they have a complete lock on what truth is. If I was quoting you, I would say so.

March 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

The atheists are right in their reposes here: the American muslims are silent because they want the woman to be executed. You see that's the big mistake of opening the country up to too much immigration - they do not actually become American (they just want the free stuff.. the dream legislation). They always refer to their country of origin as "my country" - they will actually say they hate America. They do not believe on the Bill of Rights, th accusatorial system, the Declaration of Independence, the 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving or George Washington. They just want the free stuff (and they figure we are fools for giving it to them). The are never going to become Americans. Most of them think Americans are stupid, lazy, over privileged and undeserving ... but of course they are deserving, hard working, smart and most of all HERE. So we are supposed to fork over the free stuff and forget what they do to women... or reporters .. or captives.. or airline passengers .. or office buildings .. just shut up and give them their stuff.

March 14, 2012 at 11:45 pm |
  10. MarcTTF

@RTC
    "The most noticeable accomplishment of the Muslim religion is killing, brutalizing, torturing and dominating anything seen as weaker than they are."

Sounds a lot like christianity in the good'ol days of the crusades right?

March 14, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Yes but Christians only do it because it is right (even reluctantly). And we do expect medals for it .. nice pretty medals .. goes nice over the left pocket .. the Lord understands when we do it because it s good. Often we pray over them (once we make sure they are gone) .. John Wayne did it nicely "I am the resurrection, and the life: earth to earth; ashes to ashes, dust to dust. " in most of the John Ford movies ..(true American . and we love it .. it's good).

March 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • sam

"Yes but Christians only do it because it is right (even reluctantly)."

Damn, that is the funniest thing I've seen all day so far.

March 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • B(iraq) Hussein Osama

brutalizing, torturing and dominating?
      sounds like good old days of crusades?

no Marc, sounds like the good old days of modern day Western civilization circa 1900 onwards.

Stalin, HItler, World wars, Cold Wars, Nuclear weapons, 100,000,000 million deaths.

March 14, 2012 at 6:06 pm |
  11. Ungodly Discipline

I think Nii is the editor of these stories.

March 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • sam

Now that you mention it...yep, distinct possibility.

March 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • Nii

There r two Niis thanks to the Canadian gay community headed by TRUTHPREVAILS n husband/wife ATHEISTSTEVE hacking my FB page. I wonder how I became your favourite blogger anyhow.

March 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Nii

I am a minister and civil engineer. If I had time I may join the CNN staff if they wud have me. lol

March 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
    • Huh?

"I am a minister and civil engineer. "

You wouldn't be hired after the crap you have posted on this blog. Lying is a sin.

March 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • sam

Holy crap.

March 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm |

Nii

You make baby Jesus cry with your posts

March 14, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Nii

Thats so sad. I mean can't u guys share a laugh with someone u disagree with! Life is too short. Enjoy it. Love someone as yourself! lol

March 14, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Yes we will laugh and break wind together

March 14, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
    • Nii

Excellent! As to rewriting my posts in ur responses to me isn't that redundant! I mean I caan see my post.

March 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm |

Nii

psssst it is for the "slower" ones that might not know who I am responding to.

March 14, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • Nii

LOL

March 14, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  12. Ungodly Discipline

I would like to just take a moment to praise the Lord for the good work he has been doing. Dear God, thank you for watching over that Swiss bus crash that killed over 20 children 11-12 years old. We know you work in mysterious ways. After all, you didn't allow all the children to die. I am sure the parents of the dead children will sing your praises and thank you for having a plan for their babies, while their lives are ruined and they will be tormented, haunted and grieving for the rest of their lives. In God's name. Amen

March 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • J.W

They were probably all atheists.

March 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • That seemed sincere. I'm sure you will be blessed.

March 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Dear God .. too bad the bus company hired a lousy driver who took the low wages because he never drove a bus before .. and did not know sick-em from strate up .. and then did not pay attention (like the texter-drivers we see all over the roads) and so he drove his buss and all the kids on it into oblivion ... but the atheists hold you accountable God because ultimately they expect you to intervene in every instance when we are negligent, stupid, and down right ignerint so that we do not have OUR bridges collapse, our nuclear power plants blow up, our buses and airplanes crash .. oh but God .. the sames atheists want to take credit for inventing buses, bridges, airplanes, text messages, and smart weapons because they think are smarter than everyone else ... but you understand God .. so you even hear them..."

March 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

J.W you are a sick individual.

March 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
    • Ungodly Discipline

@RTC
      The athiests don't hold god accountable because we don't believe it god. Idiot. I am telling you what YOU believe.

March 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
    • Huh?

"and did not know sick-em from strate up .. and then did not pay attention (like the texter-drivers we see all over the roads) and so he drove his buss and all the kids on it into oblivion ... but the atheists hold you accountable God because ultimately they expect you to intervene in every instance when we are negligent, stupid, and down right ignerint so that we do not have OUR bridges collapse, our nuclear power plants blow up, our buses and airplanes crash .. oh but God ."

Wait don't stop there now the manager needs to be accountable for that company because he hired the stupid person, then there boss needs to be held accountable because they didn't put policies in place to stop it. Now wait....your god still couldn't' have influenced any of these people to stop it from happening. Oh...wait...that's right because your god doesn't exist in the first place.

March 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm |

RTC, Good post.

March 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm |

RightTurnClyde

And when you can't explain or come to terms with the reality...you simply fall back on God's plan. And the little children who are strangled, ra ped, beaten and killed are smiling until their last breathe as they can see Jesus looking down on them. But God answers prayers...helps those people make that rent payment....helps that person that fell down back up like warm magical hands over them....in fact all gods answers prayers to their followers in the religions across the board....it is simply AMAZING. ...Satan even answers prayers to his followers....magic and gods everywhere. lol

March 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

The power of god is not amazing rather the self imposed delusions of its followers. The core of fear, unable to comprehend the world around them and delusion.

March 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  13. Freedom of Speech...

comes with a responsiblity!

Who can ever forget that famous quote 😉

March 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
  14. Rational Libertarian

Pakistan is supposed to be an ally. How can we ally ourselves with a regime that will execute someone for criticising religion?

March 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

Because they let millions of them come here on H-1 visas and now they vote (in a bloc) and the Congress kow-tows to any group that votes .. especially in a bloc of in a coalition of blocs.

March 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • Portland tony

@rt turn H-1B workers are just that. They have no immigration status, can't vote etc...and can be here only as long as they have the job they signed on for. All are professionals and are usually employed by the Microsoft and Yahoos of the world.

March 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm |

@RightTurnClyde,

LOL, Congress controlled by the Pakistani bloc vote. That's rich!

You've developed a sense of humor. Good.

March 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
  15. Brad - the Lutheran molecular biologist

Today's lesson: Discussing religion and politics in the workplace is frowned upon at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and in Pakistan.

March 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • hippypoet

lol i thought they were supposed to be fast at the lab? this guy is clearly as slow as mol@sses in winter!

March 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • DRBT

While one will fire you literally the other will , figuratively!

March 14, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • Brad - the Lutheran molecular biologist

True, he didn't seem like the brightest one in the bunch. Perhaps he neglected social skills for the ability to code – happens a lot.

March 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • >

Is that a Horse or a Zebra?

March 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • Bibi

Nope,that is a Cobra! Run!

March 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
  16. J.W

The editors did not do a good job. I think they meant "Pakistani court found Asia Bibi guilty"

March 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
  17. RightTurnClyde

Oh .. these are the "peaceful" and civilized people who want to go to war over a burnt book and want apologies from Obama .. and get them. Tolerance is not a virtue. Respect for women is not a virtue either. Nor of motherhood. well .. let's face being "peaceful and civilized" is a facade. Underneath it all is a stone aged barbarian. .. hank of hair, a piece of bone and a club... say the secret word and they'll lynch ya.

March 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • hippypoet

they very well may be barbarians, but then so are we!
      we are no better nor any worse – the only difference is we no longer get to physically "lynch ya" anymore...but that doesn't state that there are those in this country who WOULDN'T given the chance!
      hatreds and racisms are personal things that have existed as long as we have but they are exacerbated when religion enters the scene!
      also, keep in mind that the god the muslims worship is the same god the jews and christians worship too...only the muslims and jews are more in keeping with the code (biblical laws) then the christians are and so due to that they (christians) believe they are above and have the allowance to act "more" civilized then there counter-parts! a.k.a. preach hate but not act on it... very civilized! marching around and burning crosses is fine but murder is just wrong!!!

morons exist outside religion but like i said, religion exacerbates the stupid in them!

March 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • Keith

hippypoet, you said, keep in mind that the god the muslims worship is the same god the jews and christians worship too...
      Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Only graduates from the Rick Warren school of theology think that. allah and Jehovah are NOT the same.

March 14, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
    • hippypoet

again you show how stupid you are!!!

allah and Jehovah are the same mythological being... allah translates into the word god and god's name is jehovah! jesus christ your stupid!

March 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • Keith

I'm stupid? Now here this: your=you're. Just what do hippies smoke nowadays?

March 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm |

Jehovah is NOT allah.
      Jesus is not isa.
      Here endeth the lesson.

March 14, 2012 at 5:11 pm |

hippypoet

again you show how stupid you are!!!

March 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
      Keith

I'm stupid? Now here this: your=you're. Just what do hippies smoke nowadays?

So I am guessing you are not going to address his point?

March 14, 2012 at 5:12 pm |

Keith

Jehovah is NOT allah.
      Jesus is not isa.
      Here endeth the lesson.

So Allah is not god...what do you base this upon??????

March 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm |

Jesus isa allah them

Proof!

March 14, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • J.W

What is Allah if it is not God?

March 14, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  18. hippypoet

"A Pakistani court Asia Bibi guilty of defiling the name of the Prophet Mohammed during a 2009 argument with Muslim fellow field workers. The offense is punishable by death or life imprisonment, according to Pakistan's penal code, and Bibi was sentenced to hang."

straight forward justice in god's kingdom!

let her die the way she chose to live!

March 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm |

up your's, hippypuke

March 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
    • hippypoet

it was a choice and therefore she had other choices....like follow the law of the land that she was living in at the time of the crime!

and yes, it is a crime – she broke the law – deal with it!

oh and btw keith.... lick my grundle 🙂 its sweaty only for you!

March 14, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Keith

hippypunk, You need to remember-you've got a date with the hangman, too. And you might just get to meet Asia Bibi:
      Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
      We'll see if your smart ass will be laughing then.

March 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Keith

We'll see if your smart a$$ will be laughing then.

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • hippypoet

so your god condones killing and all-around violence huh... good to know!

so what then is your issue with this article?

oh thats right, you are a moron! got it!

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

She died of a faver and no one could save her
      And that was the end of sweet .. Pakistan Pat
      Now her ghost wheels her barrow
      Through streets broad and narrow
      Crying, "Mohammed a phony-O " hang me for that

March 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Four Jumps to Insanity

hippypoet,
      Put that appointment in your iPhone, cuz now that it's changed from eternal fire to hanging, you will want to dress appropriately. Suggest a turtleneck of some sort. BTW, there's a sale on now on all that combustible material that was to last for gazillions of years. I heard Home Depot has a some of it for your fireplace.

March 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • hippypoet

turtle neck huh....nope – i'm going out the way i came in.... bare a$$!

March 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
    • Keith

How ironic that hippypoet talks about breaking the law of the land. Like breaking God's law? For the wages of sin is death? Deal with it. You're a dead man walking hippypoet. Good thing God offered us His Son as a sacrifice to pay the penalty of those who call upon His name and repent of their sins. You talk of death so casually. Bizarre. To think that someone would work so hard on his own gallows.

March 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
    • hippypoet

no living creature need fear death for they have known its the end of them since the creation of time to them!

fear of death is based from a lack of acknowledgement of life!

that means you keith!

March 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • Four Jumps to Insanity

Blood sacrifices to angry gods belong in ancient history books. No longer any need to attempt to control our environment with dead animals and other sacrificial things. Really. It seriously is time to leave that nonsense in the past.

March 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Ykcyc

@Four Jumps to Insanity
      Tell that to our muslims friends, who will be too happy to cut of your head for being an American or simply disagreeing with them.

March 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • hippypoet

y-something loser-ish...
      preconcieved notions will get you far, moron!

March 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • Keith

Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
      That means you, hippypoet!

March 14, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
    • hippypoet

where does bigfoot live?
      are you jewish?
      how many commandments are there?
      which day is holy and why?
      whom does your god favor, men or women?
      who was adam's first wife?
      do you believe in the loc ness monster?

i am very interested in all the answers, not just the religious ones!

March 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hey, Keith! Have you figured out that Obama isn't Muslim yet, or are you still trying to get your brain around that one?

March 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
  19. Reality

Some added truth that is considered blasphemy by 1.5 billion mostly illiterate Muslims.

Mohammed was an illiterate, womanizing, lust and greed-driven, warmongering, hallucinating Arab, who also had embellishing/hallucinating/plagiarizing scribal biographers who not only added "angels" and flying chariots to the koran but also a militaristic agenda to support the plundering and looting of the lands of non-believers.

This agenda continues as shown by the ma-ssacre in Mumbai, the as-sas-sinations of Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh, the conduct of the seven Muslim doctors in the UK, the 9/11 terrorists, the 24/7 Sunni suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the 24/7 Shiite suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the Islamic bombers of the trains in the UK and Spain, the Bali crazies, the Kenya crazies, the Pakistani “koranics”, the Palestine suicide bombers/rocketeers, the Lebanese nutcases, the Taliban nut jobs, the Ft. Hood follower of the koran, and the Filipino “koranics”.

And who funds this muck and stench of terror? The warmongering, Islamic, Shiite terror and torture theocracy of Iran aka the Third Axis of Evil and also the Sunni "Wannabees" of Saudi Arabia.

Current crises:

The Sunni-Shiite blood feud and the warmongering, womanizing (11 wives), hallucinating founder.

March 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Muslims do have the advantage of being able to prove that Muhammed existed though, which Christians don't have with the Jesussaurus Rex. I always felt that this gave them a slight advantage, even if both religions are build on a foundation of lies, violence and coercion.

March 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

The most noticeable accomplishment of the Muslim religion is killing, brutalizing, torturing and dominating anything seen as weaker than they are. The next most noticeable attribute is scavenging (like coyotes and crows) and fighting over the bones of a carcass. They may have "invested" algebra but the prefer the Ak47 .. and brutality that goes with it. And mst preposterous of all is that God (Allah .. AKA Al or Big Al or Al Da Capo) ..approves of ANYTHING they do so long as they attribute it to God.. (oh we killed them for God). When they advance to a higher level they could integrate tom-toms and fire dances into their culture .. then in place of literacy they could develop a system of grunts (maybe long and short grunts .. but then they'd need an alphabet .. and literacy)

March 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • RightTurnClyde

@Rationallibertarian .. you think you sound astute to say that, but what it shows is that you do not understand existence. You ought to study and understand Aristotle's metaphysics (starting point). Then look at the same in the Renaissance era (awaking and restating it) and again in the Enlightenment period .. and maybe a few modern authors like Joseph Campbell. I will not explain it to you because you will only understand it if you study and think about it. It's not a technical manual such as came with your printer or your car.

March 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Ykcyc

Muslims are simply cowards. They are afraid. They feel compelled to defend their beliefs (ideology), because they feel threatened. Their “all powerful” version of “god” is so impotent that it needs their feeble a$$ to do the work, it is obviously incapable of doing. Because their “god” is so impotent, it requires that they defend and die for their “god”, by killing people, who simply disagree with their delusion. They think they are their beliefs. They have been mind-fluckted and used. If they are able to ever wake up from their delusion, I don’t envy those, who’ve been pulling their strings.

March 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • Reality

Only for the newbies:

From Professors Crossan and Watts' book, Who is Jesus.

"That Jesus was crucified under Pontius Pilate, as the Creed states, is as certain as anything historical can ever be.

“ The Jewish historian, Josephus and the pagan historian Tacitus both agree that Jesus was executed by order of the Roman governor of Judea. And is very hard to imagine that Jesus' followers would have invented such a story unless it indeed happened.

“While the brute fact that of Jesus' death by crucifixion is historically certain, however, those detailed narratives in our present gospels are much more problematic. "

“My best historical reconstruction would be something like this. Jesus was arrested during the Passover festival, most likely in response to his action in the Temple. Those who were closest to him ran away for their own safety.

I do not presume that there were any high-level confrontations between Caiaphas and Pilate and Herod Antipas either about Jesus or with Jesus. No doubt they would have agreed before the festival that fast action was to be taken against any disturbance and that a few examples by crucifixion might be especially useful at the outset. And I doubt very much if Jewish police or Roman soldiers needed to go too far up the chain of command in handling a Galilean peasant like Jesus. It is hard for us to imagine the casual brutality with which Jesus was probably taken and executed. All those "last week" details in our gospels, as distinct from the brute facts just mentioned, are prophecy turned into history, rather than history remembered."

See also Professor Crossan's reviews of the existence of Jesus in his other books especially, The Historical Jesus and also Excavating Jesus (with Professor Jonathan Reed doing the archeology discussion) .

Other NT exegetes to include members of the Jesus Seminar have published similar books with appropriate supporting references.

Part of Crossan's The Historical Jesus has been published online at books.google.com/books.

There is also a search engine for this book on the right hand side of the opening page. e.g. Search Josephus

See also Wikipedia's review on the historical Jesus to include the Tacitus' reference to the crucifixion of Jesus.

From ask.com,

"One of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Cornelius Tacitus is a primary source for much of what is known about life the first and second centuries after the life of Jesus. His most famous works, Histories and Annals, exist in fragmentary form, though many of his earlier writings were lost to time. Tacitus is known for being generally reliable (if somewhat biased toward what he saw as Roman immorality) and for having a uniquely direct (if not blunt) writing style.

Then there are these scriptural references:

Crucifixion of Jesus:(1) 1 Cor 15:3b; (2a) Gos. Pet. 4:10-5:16,18-20; 6:22; (2b) Mark 15:22-38 = Matt 27:33-51a = Luke 23:32-46; (2c) John 19:17b-25a,28-36; (3) Barn. 7:3-5; (4a) 1 Clem. 16:3-4 (=Isaiah 53:1-12); (4b) 1 Clem. 16.15-16 (=Psalm 22:6-8); (5a) Ign. Mag. 11; (5b) Ign. Trall. 9:1b; (5c) Ign. Smyrn. 1.2.- (read them all at wiki.faithfutures. Crucifixion org/index.php/005_Crucifixion_Of_Jesus )

Added suggested readings:

o 1. Historical Jesus Theories, earlychristianwritings.com/theories.htm – the names of many of the contemporary historical Jesus scholars and the ti-tles of their over 100 books on the subject.
      2. Early Christian Writings, earlychristianwritings.com/
      – a list of early Christian doc-uments to include the year of publication–

30-60 CE Passion Narrative
      100-150 Preaching of Peter
      100-160 Gospel of the Ebionites
      100-160 Gospel of the Nazoreans
      100-160 Shepherd of Hermas
      100-160 2 Peter

3. Historical Jesus Studies, faithfutures.org/HJstudies.html,
      – "an extensive and constantly expanding literature on historical research into the person and cultural context of Jesus of Nazareth"
      4. Jesus Database, faithfutures.org/JDB/intro.html–"The JESUS DATABASE is an online annotated inventory of the traditions concerning the life and teachings of Jesus that have survived from the first three centuries of the Common Era. It includes both canonical and extra-canonical materials, and is not limited to the traditions found within the Christian New Testament."
      5. Josephus on Jesus mtio.com/articles/bissar24.htm
      6. The Jesus Seminar, mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/seminar.html#Criteria
      7. Writing the New Testament- mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/testament.html
      8. Health and Healing in the Land of Israel By Joe Zias
      joezias.com/HealthHealingLandIsrael.htm
      9. Economics in First Century Palestine, K.C. Hanson and D. E. Oakman, Palestine in the Time of Jesus, Fortress Press, 1998.

Additional references are available.

March 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  20. Haley Behre

Reblogged this on haleybehre.

March 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • asOnei

Well.... good for you.
      Did you manage to do it all by your lonesome?

March 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm |