home
RSS
Your take: Comments on Jesus deniers
Jesus depicted healing a sick child.
April 8th, 2012

Your take: Comments on Jesus deniers

Our story on a small cadre of authors challenging the existence of Jesus Christ drew almost 5,000 comments on Easter Sunday, with some upset that we did the story, others objecting to its publication on Easter, and plenty of others defending the article and the run date and debating the merits and implications of the debate.

Of course, most comments had nothing to do with our story, revolving instead around the debate about legitimacy of religion itself.

A sampling of the criticism:

Easter on CNN

You've gone too far.

While I am an advocate of spiritual exploration – by atheists to disprove or by the faithful to validate – running an article questioning the very core of a religious belief system on a holy day is indelicate, to say the least. Will you question that Muhammad received the word of God, running similar articles during Ramadan? Or on Yom Kippur, draw on conjecture to argue that the Book of Life is for fools?

This is not journalism. This sensationalist pander.

edeveryday

I would like to see if CNN would dare run a story saying that Muhammad was a "myth" on the Muslim' s holiest holidays and that Abraham was a "myth" on the Jewish holidays. Go ahead CNN and give it a try and see what happens.

rbsrs

Every Easter?...I mean why a negative story every Easter?? It has become a running joke.

ANGRY AT CNN!!!

CNN: IF YOU READ THIS GO TO HELL FOR YOUR ANTI-CHRISTIAN BIGOTRY THIS EASTER SUNDAY!!!!

Many other readers took aim at the critics:

JHC

To those who are insulted by this article,

If your faith is so weak that it cannot stand up to being looked at from an objective, historical, evidence based perspective, then this article is the least of your problems.

nomdefaitour

It is ironic that so many christians are "offended" at a dialogue about religion sponsored by CNN instead of greeting the opportunity to express their views. Perhaps they are shamed that we all know they are surfing the web when they should be worshipping on Easter Sunday.

Others weighed in on the merits and upshot of the debate over Jesus' existence:

JBOO

I do not doubt that a man named Jesus existed, and that he probably did preach about God. But I believe he was no different than any cult leader today that preaches about their own religious beliefs and gains a small number of followers. The difference with Jesus is that Christianity was already more wide spread, and the general population was very uneducated and easily influenced by a great orator. Do I actually believe their is a God, and Jesus is his son? No. But I'm sure the man existed.

Keith

It is actually more reasonable than not to conclude that Jesus was an actual living person. Whether or not he was "the Christ" is the only worthwhile point of debate. Regardless, many of the teachings of Jesus are worthy of people to take to heart whether they are Christians or not. As an agnostic, I take those things that are wise from any and all religions, and leave behind those things that are destructive.

gimmeslack12

I don't care whether he really existed or not. It's his story that never happened, at least the son of god part and dieing and coming back to life stuff. What matters to Christians is that he is a support system that is able to take the blame for all the bad stuff in your life so that you can move past them and continue living.

I was thinking about it the other day, and I think Jesus really is a great thing, because it allows people to psychologically take pressure, grief or guilt and remove the effects of anxiety and pressure that those feelings create. On the flipside it possible allows someone to conjure up Love by themselves.

I think Jesus is a psychological whipping boy for all things that people don't have or can't (don't want to?) deal with. So I think atheists and non-Christians (heck, maybe Christians themselves) are missing the point about the importance of Jesus to some people.

The Twitter conversation over the article was mostly complimentary:

@JoshTheLink

Interesting debate from CNN's site about whether or not Jesus was a real person: https://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/the-jesus-debate-man-vs-myth/?hpt=hp_c1

@CommonDescent

CNN asks: Did Jesus exist? https://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/the-jesus-debate-man-vs-myth/?hpt=hp_c2 Honestly, this is a topic I don't know much about. I'd like to learn more.

@TTCNews

CNN interviews two Thoughtful Christian authors for this intriguing question–Craig A. Evans... http://fb.me/1idvhPxXD

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Easter • Jesus

soundoff (2,443 Responses)
  1. Tsucasa

Umm....why is this such a big argument? Does no one read the bible now days?

I was the most hard core atheist you would have ever met. I converted a few years ago, never really understood it myself. No one in my family was christian...never went to church....but my girl friend at the time (now my wife) took me to her church a few times. It just stuck and now I believe. I'm not perfect in ANY way shape or form but I have read the word a lot.....

Jesus tells us to pray for our enemies and if they hit us to turn to let them hit the other cheek. We are called to not be of this world but separate from it. When we get mocked and scoffed like He did we are called to pray for you. I have seen the power of prayer to great things, I use myself as an example. One prayer and I was on my way away from 10 years of drug addiction and heading towards my Father.

Christians who stand on corners with signs protesting is not how it works. Nations are put here by god but we are still to be separate. I grew up scientific and mathematical, went to school for programming and work nothing but IT. I can point out just as many reasons why Jesus was a real man and what is written about him is ture. I am not going to get into a major debate here , its useless to fight about this because I will just pray for all of you, on both sides who cannot see what is in front of you. The parable about the vial over your eyes is very true.

On a side note. I stopped believing in fire and brimstone hell years ago....read the word. Hell is a absence of God. Not fire and death. He gave us free will and if it is our will to be separate from our creator, then he will do it for us. Wailing and gnashing of teeth, I cannot imagine the grief and pain from my Father being compleatly gone from my life....

April 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm |
    • Chad

Right on, well said.

April 9, 2012 at 11:04 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

jesus also supported slavery, arguably the most evil inst.itutions ever to plague mankind. you have to cherry pick to make jesus into the perfect good guy.

April 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  2. Truthfully

Just as He said long ago, He says to each of us who want to know the truth:
    "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

For those who are really just seeking the truth, I encourage you to ask God to open your heart and mind to the understanding of the truth as you read the gospel of John. Don't be deterred by the naysayers who do not know God yet. There are those who do know Him and you can be one of them.

April 9, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

i encourage all christians to actually read the bible instead of letting cherry-picked passages be read to you in church. the fastest way to atheism is reading the horrors of the bible.

April 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm |
    • Truthfully

The fastest way to know God, the truth and obtain peace is to read the gospel of John, understand it and take the necessary step of faith that Bootyfunk has not done, yet.

April 9, 2012 at 10:59 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

sowwy, i'm not a mindless sheep. i think. you should try it. it's one of the most liberating feelings you'll ever experience. but you'll have to leave the cult first...

April 9, 2012 at 11:08 pm |
    • comoncentz

faith is a wonderful gift that can't be truly faked, won, given, or purchased. It can be shaken in some people not by other people but by life's events.We are in a time of testing. For those of us of faith it is a time of quiet reflection not emotional reaction. What and why do you believe? Have this dialoge with yourself.Center yourself. If you have faith, cherish it and pray that others may one day feel and know what you feel and know today. Stay true to your faith and you will surmount whatever difficulty confronts you.

April 9, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
    • Truthfully

No, I lived in your domain for 28 years and then was liberated from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, the power of sin and guilt and flooded with peace and joy and life worth living. Nothing compares with that experience! And that is just for starters; in eternity I will spend the rest of my life in the presence of God. You can too! It's your choice.

April 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm |
    • Truthfully

comoncentz- I agree with you. The comment I made directly after yours was in response to Bootyfunk who I encourage you to pray for with me.

April 9, 2012 at 11:25 pm |
  3. buxxy

Are we the only planet going through all this nonsense? Isn't there anybody else out there who could shed some light on this whole 'Jesus' thing? And on religion in general.

April 9, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

in all honesty, there is no more proof that Jesus live than did Hercules. i encourage you to look for hard evidence of jesus having actually lived - you'll find none.

April 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm |
    • science guy

no, there are countless millions of other planets positioned just perfectly from a large star such as our sun, they are all in the habitable zone of their solar system and are at a perfect tilt for seasons that aren't extreme...they all have significant water source and oxygen. We are just an evolutionary miracle...don't be intimidated we must stand together. There is no god and we hate him!!!

April 9, 2012 at 11:04 pm |
    • Chad

@Science guy "...There is no god and we hate him!!!... "

=>that is without a doubt the single most revealing statement I have ever heard an atheist utter.
      there is no god, and we hate him
      perfectly contradicting (how can you hate something you claim doesnt exist?)

perfectly captures the self contradictory nature of atheism..

April 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm |
  4. Mike

Even Bart Ehrman says this isn't a position taken by any 'real' historian...for once I agree with Bart.

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  5. guy2213

i am a Roman Catholic and I'm not here to force anyone to believe in God or Jesus, but for people to say he was a type of cult leader is a little ridiculous. They have many artifacts in the catholic church proving there was a Jesus. Also jesus had 12 apostles its just crazy that they all stuck by him even smaller followers stuck by him not even one left his side and said this is a little extreme not to mention that Jesus predicted that one of the apostles would tell on him and cause him to get crucified. I could go on and on about this but its not the point. The point is there Jesus was not a cult leader I believe his is the Son of God look Roman soldiers even saw how his body disappeared as well as bystanders saw Jesus resurrect to Heaven. How can you sit here and read these facts and still deny the existence of Jesus read books read the Bible Jesus is one of the main reasons that Christianity is the biggest religion in the world. Look Jewish Muslims and Christians all go back to the God of Abraham. I just dont understand how people can say some of the stuff they say.

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  6. noinvisiblemaninsky

believe in god like kids do in Santa – the stuff churches preach to believe in god is the same exact way parents tell their children to believe in Santa – nuf said

April 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
    • † In God We Trust †

Say that on your judgement day...

April 9, 2012 at 10:47 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

how about you say that on Ragnarok. Odin will smack you down if you do.

April 9, 2012 at 10:50 pm |
    • Please Take This Survey

Quick poll: Do you thing that just sayin/in god/heaven sent/captain america/person of the/et al has gone insane?

My vote – Yes. He/she/it is showing much worse symptoms of psychosis and hostility in the last couple days.

April 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

i vote for some sort of past head trauma. his brains leaked out his ears...

April 9, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
    • Mark

I ABSOLUTELY believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God – you will too!

April 9, 2012 at 11:01 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel-God of Zombie Messiahs

Yes, I drove him nuts with nuts. Bonked him on the head too many times with acorns.

April 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

bippy! you naughty squirrel god!

April 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  7. Brian Ritchey

I met a priest at the hospital who said he didn't believe in the resurrection or the virgin birth. Yet he preaches these things to his flock. I wonder how many people REALLY believe in Jesus. I mean REALLY. I get the impression that religion is nothing but herd instinct for most people – a "social thing." Of course there are people who sincerely believe in Jesus but you could probably count them on the fingers of one hand.

April 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm |
    • † In God We Trust †

Another lie from an atheist.

April 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

haha. christians was to censor anything they don't like. they can't logically refute an argument, they just try their hardest to make sure only their side is heard. it really is a good way to win an argument. lol.

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  8. † In God We Trust †

I'm sick, tired and annoyed when fucking atheists bring up science. NO RELIGION = NO SCIENCE

DON'T GET IT? Go to hell

April 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

i think kirk cameron summed up your viewpoint very, very well:

"Circ.umvent your intelligence."

good advice when logic and reason start to give you that itchy feeling religion is a scam.

April 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

And how is science dependent on religion? Science constantly tests its theories and assumption to see if they hold up under the evidence. Religion says believe or burn.

April 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm |
    • nookster

In your case it would be wise to deal with you psychosis first before trying to enter into an intelligent conversation with others.

April 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm |
    • 0G-No gods, ghosts, goblins or ghouls.

I think IGWT, the idiot with the crosses, is about to explode. Maybe if we all chant "Science, Science, Science. . ." it will send him over the edge.

April 9, 2012 at 11:21 pm |
    • John

I see you Christian spiritual path is paying off dividends with your ability to control you emotions.

April 10, 2012 at 7:21 am |
  9. MandoZink

Before science, we needed to know what was going on, and most cultures could be content if they imagined a superior, magical, benevolent being was responsible. We atheists get that. It was human nature. It is a 'vestigial' notion that continues to slip away as we become ever wiser. (By the way, look up ‘vestigial’ if you think we were created perfect.)

Imagine when humans finally realize that the existence of good and moral people are the results of good examples you experience in your upbringing. Churches project a subconscious divisiveness that infects the core mentality of supposedly "god-fearing" people who think they have the moral upper-ground. Raised Catholic, I was taught to love others, but also that I was lucky enough to be in the one true religion. Understanding the inheritance of blind belief before you ever have the chance to think is important to our advancement as humans on this planet we share.

April 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
  10. Jesus is Almighty God

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=360]

April 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm |
    • MandoZink

Recent studies show that believers not only believe in god, they believe in a "Belief in a god". They can accept others who have a different religion, but cannot accept a non-believer.

April 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
  11. Bootyfunk

people tend to think of jesus as this being of complete love and compassion. if he existed (and there is no proof that he did), then he was just a nutty cult leader. they all speak of love, but really they're just egotistical freak-jobs telling everyone they are the mouthpiece of God and should be worshiped. if jesus did exist, then he was not really divine being, just a megalomaniac cult leader. the only way to get a perfect being of love and compassion out of jesus is to be selective with what he said.

• Jesus tells us straight out his 2nd coming is about violence, not peace. Oh, and he’s here to make family members hate each other.
    Mathew 10:34-36
    34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
    35 "For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
    36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household."

• Jesus says you must hate your family to be worthy of him. Cults often tell their followers that anyone outside the cult is an enemy, be they friends or family.
    Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
    26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

• Jesus doesn’t let a man bury his father or another man say goodbye to his family, but says that preaching the gospel immediately is more important. Sounds like Jesus needs a lesson in compassion.
    Luke 9:59-62 (King James Version)
    59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
    60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
    61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
    62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

• Jesus approves of slavery. Want to go to heaven? Obey your master. In some bible versions, “slaves” has been replaced with “servants” to make it more palatable to our modern (and much improved since the bronze age) sense of ethics.
    Luke 12:37-38 (New American Standard Bible)
    37 "Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on the alert when he comes; truly I say to you, that he will gird himself to serve, and have them recline at the table, and will come up and wait on them.
    38 "Whether he comes in the second watch, or even in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those slaves.”

• Jesus didn’t like foreigners. A Canaanite woman wants Jesus to heal her sick daughter. Jesus tells his disciples he only heals Jews. He calls the woman a dog and won’t heal her daughter until she agrees that she’s a dog. What a jerk.
    Mathew 15:21-28
    21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
    22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
    23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
    24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
    25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
    26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
    27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
    28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

• Jesus is destined to murder almost everyone on earth, along with a great deal of animal and plant-life. He opens the seven seals, releasing a myriad of natural and unnatural disasters on earth. It is the “wrath of the Lamb.” Sound like a peaceful guy? seriously, read revalation. i could post it here, but it's very, very long and the above is enough to prove jesus wan't the awesome-sauce guy christians claim he was.

April 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
    • † In God We Trust †

Troll

Report Abuse.

April 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Yes, IGWT, you are, and I will.

April 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

i love how christians was to censor anything that shows what hypocrites they are. i have an idea, explain how jesus is a good guy after reading those bible verses above. but chistians hardly ever deal with a straightforward argument.

christians hate facts.

April 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm |
    • Moktor

It doesn't take a great homiletic scholar to see just how poorly you understand the texts. Yes, it is true, God is about wrath as well as love, but Jesus didn't say to hate your family. Read that again *in context.* Also, submission to authority is vital to peace, regardless of how much you may hate "the man." While I agree that some Christians fear having to think, the truth is what it is. We don't hide our beliefs or our Scripture, as the cults do. Taking it out of context isn't helping anyone, however.

April 9, 2012 at 10:47 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

and is jesus supporting slavery out of conext? or him making a Caananite woman call herself a dog? is that out of context?

April 9, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • Charanbir

Bootfunk i wish you didnt speak as if you were so sure if i was you.
      Im not a christan i follow sikhism but i have read the teachings of jesus and believe that what he taught and said was true
      but only those that are spiritual and have faith in the creator will understand his parables.

All you have wrote is correct but if only you know how to read inbetween the lines
      as jesus said "only those who are destined to understand , will understand"

it is not easy as reading scriptures or jesus teachings and understanding and acting on them. you have to understand the true meaning which is only possible if you become humble in front of gods eyes.

i dont blame you, i was a athiest at one point too, i did not believe in the existence of any supreme soul or god or lord.
      but i can assure you that life isnt as easy as you might think it is.

worldly knowledge and spiritual divine knowledge are too different things.
      you might think by being very educated , you will be able to define the true nature of religon but that is not true my friend but i dont blame you , your just lost . GOD bless you.

your ego will one day fail on you and there will be a day where you will be helpless because in the world beyond this one , your physical body will not go with you. you will be helpless. its not your fault. this world works on karma , we can only pray for you my friend

god bless you..

OH YEAH HAPPY EASTER TO ALL CHRISTANSSSSSSSSSS

April 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

lies. you were never an atheist.

and of course you still didn't answer the charges. jesus supported slavery. tell me how that's good?

April 9, 2012 at 11:02 pm |
    • Charanbir

Jesus didnt support slavery like this

everyone religion teachs that we as humans should bow down before god as servants or slaves because we dont have any power in our hands.
      we didnt have the power to create this physical body, we dont have the power to talk, hear, see, walk, smell. it is naturally given to us by god.
      what is god?
      god is nature , hes in the nature but its not that easy to understand what i mean by "hes in the nature"

like i said only the spiritual men will understand the true teachings of the scriptures.

we should all live like slaves thats the only way we can kill our egos. who should we accept as our master ? GOD.

we are slaves in gods eyes and where does god exist?
      in everyone

therefor the meaning of that is , be humble in front of everyone. because we only do what we are destined too. we are given the body parts we need to function this body . like i said this world works on karma

even tho u dont believe in god , he still gives you everything you need to survive. this is all because of karma. some people arent born with legs or arms. this also . karma.

god bless you

April 9, 2012 at 11:10 pm |
    • Truthfully

I encourage all unbelievers to read the Bible instead of cherry -picked verses by Bootyfunk who has no clue what the Bible is really all about because: "the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing."
      Bootyfunk, I'm not trying to put you down but the fact is you are fighting God not other bloggers who believe. It was His Holy Spirit who inspired men to write the scriptures and there are many scriptures you will not understand until the veil is lifted from your eyes. It was Christ Himself who said no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is "born again" and He was talking about spiritual birth.

April 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm |
    • Charanbir

you tell me. did you create oxygen for yourself?
      did you create your legs so u can walk?

no you didnt create anything. you are given eeverything to survive.

but god said go and earn your food , with honest earnings.

and now theres some that earn money in sinful ways
      and theres others that earn it honestly.

April 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

that's cute. jesus didn't support slavery. what a crock. he did:

Luke 12:37-38 (New American Standard Bible)

and no, he wasn't speaking metaphorically. he meant slaves and slave masters.

how about this gem from the bible:

exodus 21
      21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.
      21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
      21:3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.
      21:4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
      21:5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
      21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.
      21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
      21:8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
      21:9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

make more excuse for the bible, pls. disgusting. just disgusting. i bet you defend the child molesters in the church too.

April 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm |
  12. Pipe-Dreamer

When the midnight hour closes in on you, will you be ready to accept Life passing away from your cold and deadened body? God willing, His Son, the King of all God's Sons will send to my deathbed an army to harvest that which my body does hold in hidden places!

1Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

April 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

if i'm wrong and there is a god, i will walk up to him and spit in his face. i will accuse hm of murdering children (first born of eqypt) and countless innocent lives (drowned EVERYone on earth but 1 family). i will ask him why he would give us a brain to logic and reason with and then punish us for not believing in him. i will ask why he didn't just show himself and stop the arguments and wars made in his name. and then i'll probably kick him in the sack for good measure.

April 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

Bootyfunk

Just who the hell do you think you are wanting to curse God and to His Face at that? Can't you rightly understand that we are but vessels, clay figurines for God to do what He wills irregardless one's anger towards Him! It is written that we are God's Buildings and why are we His Buildings? Could our bodies God sees as His Buildings be for the betterment sakes of God's Sons and their families who all inhabits our bodies of Godly Buildings? Are you still being blinded by my words and cannot even fathon the conceptualism of our bodies being Godly buildings?

April 9, 2012 at 11:18 pm |
  13. manofgod

If you deny Jesus you will burn in HELL forever!

April 9, 2012 at 10:33 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

but if i don't go to hell, i'll miss all my friends...

April 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm |
    • Nursehope

OK. You have just condemned 6.5 billion non-Christians to eternal damnation. Is THAT what your goD commands you to do?

April 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm |
    • sybaris

Zeus said you are going to hell Mr. manofgod

April 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm |
  14. nookster

Its really not important if Jesus existed are not. Because to believe any human is the creator of the universe and all that in it is demonstrates a complete lack of critical thinking skills. People must be able to understand they were programmed into a cult from childhood. This programming is very difficult to overcome but can be done if you just give basic reason a chance. If not for yourself than please stop indoctrinating your children. Its a form of child abuse to make your child live a life of fear, ignorance and guilt.

April 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
  15. Avg American

Look. I only look to CNN for facts. CNN should do a reporting on Jesus Christ. It's better than a white male shooting a black teen. This topic will only separate Americans and take out the United part. CNN, you are promoting segregation! As far as Jesus, it's called faith in LOVE. By the way CNN, you lost a lot of respect from those that are religious.

April 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm |
  16. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I have to say it's really a treat to see how desperate some of you are.

I must have a lot of influence or you wouldn't bother reading my posts, much less responding to them by using my screen name. It's quite flattering, and I do thank you. I am humbled that you're so affected by what I write that you are compelled to respond!

Thanks so much, my dears. It's a real honor to know how I've hit home.

April 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • † In God We Trust †

When are you taking your nap? Go take some sleeping pills if you need help to sleep.

April 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Why would I need help? Projecting again, you fuckwit?

April 9, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
    • Leo

Tom are you talking to the mirror again!!

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Awww, sweetie, you really need to get a life. I'm already taken. Find someone else, dear.

April 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Pipe-Dreamer

Atheists want to kill Christ once and for all time! Christains remain hellbent on letting such a thing happen to their beloved redeemer of lost souls! Oh,,, I forgot,,,, atheists have already lost their souls and they have given up the ghost making up their minds in to being forever after death to be apart of Nothingness! Burger King would agree,,, "Have it your way!"

April 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

You must really enjoy being condescending to those who don't believe as you do.

April 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • Nursehope

You can't kill an invisible fantasy.goDs (all 1,200 of them) exist only in the minds of the people who hear voices in their heads. Compare and contrast this to mentally ill people who emphatically say that they are directed by some unknown invisible force to do x-y-z or believe that x-y-z is reality.

April 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

HawaiiGuest,,,,

Condescentialisms,,,, arent such issues best left up to the Godly to decide who is condescending and who isn't?

April 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

And who is to say who is "godly" and who isn't? Is it merely belief that makes one "godly"?

April 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

Nursehope,,,,

God wants no one person to slip thru His fingers and have them fall into the ageless depths of absolute nothingness! You are setting yourself up for a fall intp the deepest voids within the inner chasms in the microcosms of absolute blackness and the deepest parts of despair!

April 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

HawaiiGuest

Only God is Godly,,,,,,,, To think one's self in the here and now as being Godly flies against Godliness and Godly virtues reserved for God and God's Brethren alone! We are merely mortal humanists and will never attain anything of Godliness upon this Earthened vessel! You are mixing one's goodliness with Godliness and that is but a devilish way of thought! Only thru one's dying will you be born into the Kingdom of God which when this occurs can you righteously claim the Godliness virtues associated with God and Godliness.

April 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm |
  18. The Son of God

Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
    Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may say
    I don't care what they may do
    I don't care what they may say
    Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
    Jesus is just alright

Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
    Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may know
    I don't care where they may go
    I don't care what they may know
    Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Jesus, he's my friend; Jesus, he's my friend
    He took me by the hand; Led me far from this land
    Jesus, he's my friend

Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
    Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do
    I don't care what they may say, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

April 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
  19. mchofman

The Devil and his minions at work.......everywhere!

April 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
    • MandoZink

The Devil is a Christian god. I wouldn't want a religion that had an evil god like that. Take responsibility for your own actions man!

April 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
  20. † In God We Trust †

At the end, only Christians will live a peaceful life in heaven.

April 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then why not just keep it to yourself and enjoy your separation from those you hate?

April 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

which proves how prejudice and bias christians are. atheists believe we all share the same fate, no matter how informed or ignorant, we're all equal.

April 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm |