home
RSS
Your take: Comments on Jesus deniers
Jesus depicted healing a sick child.
April 8th, 2012

Your take: Comments on Jesus deniers

Our story on a small cadre of authors challenging the existence of Jesus Christ drew almost 5,000 comments on Easter Sunday, with some upset that we did the story, others objecting to its publication on Easter, and plenty of others defending the article and the run date and debating the merits and implications of the debate.

Of course, most comments had nothing to do with our story, revolving instead around the debate about legitimacy of religion itself.

A sampling of the criticism:

Easter on CNN

You've gone too far.

While I am an advocate of spiritual exploration – by atheists to disprove or by the faithful to validate – running an article questioning the very core of a religious belief system on a holy day is indelicate, to say the least. Will you question that Muhammad received the word of God, running similar articles during Ramadan? Or on Yom Kippur, draw on conjecture to argue that the Book of Life is for fools?

This is not journalism. This sensationalist pander.

edeveryday

I would like to see if CNN would dare run a story saying that Muhammad was a "myth" on the Muslim' s holiest holidays and that Abraham was a "myth" on the Jewish holidays. Go ahead CNN and give it a try and see what happens.

rbsrs

Every Easter?...I mean why a negative story every Easter?? It has become a running joke.

ANGRY AT CNN!!!

CNN: IF YOU READ THIS GO TO HELL FOR YOUR ANTI-CHRISTIAN BIGOTRY THIS EASTER SUNDAY!!!!

Many other readers took aim at the critics:

JHC

To those who are insulted by this article,

If your faith is so weak that it cannot stand up to being looked at from an objective, historical, evidence based perspective, then this article is the least of your problems.

nomdefaitour

It is ironic that so many christians are "offended" at a dialogue about religion sponsored by CNN instead of greeting the opportunity to express their views. Perhaps they are shamed that we all know they are surfing the web when they should be worshipping on Easter Sunday.

Others weighed in on the merits and upshot of the debate over Jesus' existence:

JBOO

I do not doubt that a man named Jesus existed, and that he probably did preach about God. But I believe he was no different than any cult leader today that preaches about their own religious beliefs and gains a small number of followers. The difference with Jesus is that Christianity was already more wide spread, and the general population was very uneducated and easily influenced by a great orator. Do I actually believe their is a God, and Jesus is his son? No. But I'm sure the man existed.

Keith

It is actually more reasonable than not to conclude that Jesus was an actual living person. Whether or not he was "the Christ" is the only worthwhile point of debate. Regardless, many of the teachings of Jesus are worthy of people to take to heart whether they are Christians or not. As an agnostic, I take those things that are wise from any and all religions, and leave behind those things that are destructive.

gimmeslack12

I don't care whether he really existed or not. It's his story that never happened, at least the son of god part and dieing and coming back to life stuff. What matters to Christians is that he is a support system that is able to take the blame for all the bad stuff in your life so that you can move past them and continue living.

I was thinking about it the other day, and I think Jesus really is a great thing, because it allows people to psychologically take pressure, grief or guilt and remove the effects of anxiety and pressure that those feelings create. On the flipside it possible allows someone to conjure up Love by themselves.

I think Jesus is a psychological whipping boy for all things that people don't have or can't (don't want to?) deal with. So I think atheists and non-Christians (heck, maybe Christians themselves) are missing the point about the importance of Jesus to some people.

The Twitter conversation over the article was mostly complimentary:

@JoshTheLink

Interesting debate from CNN's site about whether or not Jesus was a real person: https://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/the-jesus-debate-man-vs-myth/?hpt=hp_c1

@CommonDescent

CNN asks: Did Jesus exist? https://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/the-jesus-debate-man-vs-myth/?hpt=hp_c2 Honestly, this is a topic I don't know much about. I'd like to learn more.

@TTCNews

CNN interviews two Thoughtful Christian authors for this intriguing question–Craig A. Evans... http://fb.me/1idvhPxXD

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Easter • Jesus

soundoff (2,443 Responses)
  1. blake

CNN writers continue to agressively promote the leftist agenda. In this case, a promotion of godless secular humanism. This is NOT news reporting. It is propoganda.

April 10, 2012 at 11:12 am |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Carrier

Why do you read CNN if it is nothing but propaganda? Is your faith that weak that an article like this bothers you? If you have faith it should just roll off your back.

April 10, 2012 at 11:18 am |
  2. Bails

Good thing I don't rely on CNN, the media, my neighbor or Joe cool down the road to validate my belief in God. It's called faith. You can't take it away from me, I don't care what you think, and it's oh so precious and joyous to me. I belong to God. No one else on this earth. It's the most liberating peaceful existence there is. I promise.

April 10, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • reason

That is why you have blind faith. Not because you think it is true, but because you want warm fuzzy feelings.

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 am |
  3. AverageJoe76

There appears to be a lot more atheist and agnostics coming out. I don't like bashing people's belief's eventhough I don't agree with them. My mother is a Christian, and I wouldn't want to hurt her fellings by ridiculing something she holds dear. What's fustrating is knowing some of the factors that keep you 'blinded faithfully'. One of them without a doubt is the 'fear factor'. Denying God could mean the ultimate punishment, right? Who wouldn't be scared of that? An eternity in a lake of fire? No thank you. But ask yourself this question if that hangs over your head; God gives me this brain, and I'm NOT suppose to ask questions and be inquisitive? Doesn't make sense, man's knowledge-quest starts with questions.

April 10, 2012 at 11:07 am |
    • closet atheist

Haha... ask questions?!?! Mind control doesn't work when one questions the myth.

April 10, 2012 at 11:18 am |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Carrier

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. They will never rebel until they become conscious." – 1984

April 10, 2012 at 11:20 am |
    • Jacques Strappe, World Famous French Ball Carrier

Sorry, should read:
      "Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." – 1984

April 10, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  4. myweightinwords

Personally, I don't care one way or the other whether or not anyone can ever prove that there was a singular person named Jesus who lived and died the way the bible claims. I believe that there is likely some element of truth to it, much like the way the bible names actual places that we know existed and likely has some elements of truth regarding the people who lived in those places...however, that doesn't mean it's a valid historical doc.ument.

It's a testament of faith, not history. Like all morality tales, it was written in the vernacular and style of the place and time, so that the people it was written for could understand it.

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am |
  5. CaptianObvious

You think CNN would do a little research and educate themselves prior to posting such silly remarks. There is ZERO challenge to the historicity of Jesus of Nazereth. Whether one wishes to beleive he was a good person or the divine son of god is irrelevant to his being a historical figure. Claiming Jesus of Nazereth did not live would be like claiming King Henry the VIII or the Holy Roman Emperor Charlamange did not exists. To any remotely serious student of history, the problem with CNN's post was just how silly, and blatantly uneducated it was.

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • just sayin

Historicity is not a word.

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • tallulah13

Please cite your evidence. There are no contemporary accounts of Christ, despite the fact that the Romans were excellent record keepers. All non-biblical references came at least a generation or two after Christ's death, and some of them are questionable.

If you have this proof, perhaps you should provide it. The world has been waiting for 2000 years.

April 10, 2012 at 11:08 am |
    • reason

Do you think Paul Bunyan existed?

April 10, 2012 at 11:08 am |
    • Internal Affairs Dept., Grammar Police.

Is too;

April 10, 2012 at 11:12 am |
    • Velv

Simply not true. There is zero hard evidence, and only a small amount of possible references in Roman historical texts (that can may refer to any preaching religous figure named Jesus, both a very common name and a very common occupation at the time in ancient Israel).

April 10, 2012 at 11:17 am |
    • Horus

No Challenges? Ok then.

Here's one that even academic theologians struggle with: There is no historical evidence that Nazareth existed prior to the 3rd century. The place known today as Nazareth could never have been a large village, much less a city based on the size of the single well, which would have accomodated only about five families. This sort of runs against some of the "historical" claims made regarding the life of Jesus.....

April 10, 2012 at 11:21 am |
    • christina knight

Actually the argument for the historicity of Jesus is much weaker than scholars of religion will admit. The factis that there is no evidence of such a person existing in Israel in Jewish writings of the time (which is peculiar), and what evidence there is supports the view that Christianity originated outside of Israel in the Asia Minor region. The passage in Josephus has been discredited as an interpolation (I have read the passage and it was clearly added by a later writer as it disrupts the flow of Josephus' narrative) and the only other writings are the new testament writings themselves which were written as hearsay by people who were not there, and decades after the alleged events happened). What's more the biblical writers had a theological motivation for everything they wrote which also limits their credibility. Also , although religious scholars (who are probably more biased than scholars in other fields) won't admit it, many of the elements associated with savior god mythology were prevalent in the Asia Minor region during the time, as were the Essenes. It is probable that paganized Essenes were responsible for creating Christianity taking elements of savior god mythology and combinig them with some of the notions they had about "The Teacher of Righteousness" found in Essene writings. Christina Anne Knight

April 10, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  6. Respect_ALL

The very nature of the human is, at all possible, to rule others. Religions are/were the means of ruling the people. Nothing has done more destructions than the religions in the history of mankind. To be a good citizen of the universe, you need not be religious.

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  7. Arran Webb

It is not that CNN is anti-Christian it is more that CNN is pro-dictatorship. Christianity the most dominant American faith is the only real challenger to the rule of pure ideology which CNN espouses.

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  8. Uniquitous

Anybody who thinks JC is a myth and claims to be applying logic needs to read or listen to "The Case for Christ". Nuff said.

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • reason

Many already have. Many non-religious people have explored the many arguments that religious folks put out and have rejected them. According to Pew Research the more people know about religion the less likely they are to believe.

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am |
  9. Spirit

I remember Jesus actually being in my history books. Not the part where he died and came back to life, no, but the part where the king was afraid that Jesus was trying to become king.

April 10, 2012 at 11:01 am |
  10. reason

Watch what anthropologists, archeologists and religious historians seeking the truth have to say about where god came from:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg&w=640&h=360]

April 10, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  11. Rainer Braendlein

Get born by Water and Spirit and you will understand the faith, dear atheist, Muslim, Catholic, Hindu, CNN reporter, etc.. Baptism is the rebirth by Water and Spirit. The Spirit makes you alive. Jesus died and resurrected for you.

A sermon by Dr. Dietrich Bonhoeffer (the greatest theologian of the last century):

I am the Lord, your Physician!

In the middle of the merry nature we see, how a paralyzed child is driven in a wheelchair. Somebody, who still has a heart, which is not insensible to his neighbour, he will realize in that moment that something is wrong with our world, that the world, in which such a torture and sadness is possible, cannot be the genuine creation of God. Something anti-divine must have befallen the world. The world has apostated from her genesis. Destroying powers have seized rule in this world.

Only in a world having become godless, there is malady. Because the world suffers from God, therefore there are sick people. Solely a world, which would be secure in God, a delivered world, would be without any malady. In the Bible we encounter a strange sentence: “12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease [was] exceeding [great]: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.” (2. Chron. 16, 12). It is about a devout man there, which the Bible else gives high praise for his zeal, regarding God’s matter. But this man, despite his devoutness, thought very modern, so that he strictly distinguished between matters of religion, in which someone calls on God, and the earthly matters, in which someone asks for help at earthly bodies. Diseases, particularly physical diseases are earthly matters with earthly causes and earthly cures. Consequently diseases are matters of physicians, but not of God. How could someone be allowed to bother God, the Lord of the world, with his small physical maladies? God has other concerns.

That is thought pretty reasonable and maybe even religious. But it is wrong. Surely, diseases have their earthly causes and earthly cures. But with that is stated not at all everything and not the crucial thing about the essence of disease. For sure, the invalid shall call on a physician. But the most important thing is not done solely with that, and is not realized. Behind the earthly causes and cures there are supernatural causes and supernatural cures of the disease. As long as someone passes by thereon, someone lives, ignoring his disease, and doesn’t realize its essence. Its blessing or curse remain unrecognized.

The disease belongs to God in a special way. The Bible doesn’t blame a man for calling on a physician, when he is sick, but for not calling also on God. Not by chance, Christ lived noticeably close by the invalids, not by chance, blind man, paralytics, deaf-mutes, lepers, lunatics were irresistibly attracted by him and seeked his community. Why didn’t Christ send them to the physician? Surely not, in order to damage the reputation of the physicians or to present his own skills and suggestiv powers, but in order to make clear that God and malady and that Christ and invalids belong strongly together.

Christ wants to be the real physician of the invalids. “I am the Lord, your physician!” (Exodus 15, 26). God says that, Christ says that. The Creator and Deliverer of the world wants to be the physician of the invalid. Do we want to spurn this offer, after we have accepted so many less offers with more or less success?

One, who merely intuits the connection between God and malady, one, who takes serious the unexpected offer, can get a pointer to the sin of the human beings, to the destruction of the community of the creatures with their Creator.

Here are the supernatural reasons and abysses of the malady. It is the sin of the world and it is my personal sin, I get reminded. My disease doesn’t have to be the consequence of or the punishment for a certain sin, which I had to accuse myself of, that may happen, but it is not necessaryly the case. Yet every disease will let me look into the depth of the sin of the world and the depth of my personal godlessness. This look drives me to God. When I looked into the abyss (of my sin), I don’t first ask for redemption of this or that malady, but I will confess my longly hidden guilt in the face of God. The physical malady wants to show me that my actual malady goes much deeper, so deep that no earthly physician can cure it, because my actual disease is my sin. Not merely my body, my nerves, my temper is sick, but my whole essence, my heart is sick, sick by disbelieve, by fear, by the godlessness of my life. And which healthy man doesn’t suffer from that furtive and at the same time eerie disease?

Now I know that I can be helped, if my whole essence becomes healthy, safe and new. How can that happen? The answer is very simple and yet touches the ultimate depth of our life: by true private confession and by divine forgiveness of all my sins. That may seem to be a strange turn and solution of this question for some people, but yet only for someone, who has not yet experienced the cure of the whole man by confession and forgiveness. What is confession? To open up oneself with all one’s sins, weaknesses, vices, maladies to Jesus Christ and to give him the whole heart without any reservation, according to his command. That is not easy and may seem to us harder than a dangerous surgery. Normally, the most of us will need a fraternal helper for that, who assists us at confession, may it be the pastor holding an ecclesiastical office, may it be any member of the congregation, who knows more about Christ than I. What is forgiveness? Extinction of all my whole hopeless, messy, failed past (of which maybe only I know) by God’s decree and by the present of a new and happy beginning of my life.

Who can give me such a new beginning? Nobody else than solely the crucified and living Jesus Christ, who himself experienced the hopelessness of life on himself and overcame it in the communion of God. He is the sole physician, who knows my deepest malady, who himself has beared it. He is the saviour, who can cure heart, soul and body.

How is forgivness of sins connected with physical cure? More than the most people intuit. Of course it is a mysterious connection. But isn’t it at least so much comprehensible, that a man, who got again a happy and released heart, will get rid of some physical complaint? The body often becomes ill, because it is not ruled, because it has become its own Lord. But now the body has get again his right Lord, who rules it. The body is no longer the Lord. It is only tool, even more than that, it has become “temple of the Holy Spirit”. There are many maladies, which are not visibly subdued and eradicated by the assurance of forgiveness. But the hidden connection of received forgiveness and physical cure can become visible in such a way that medical limits are bursted, and the physicians face a mystery. One is sure: The faith is a source for cure like the disbelief is a source for destruction and sickness of the body and the soul.

When Christ calls himself the physician of the invalid, then the divine mercy shines upon every invalid. The sick one belongs to God. At him God wants to materialize his salvation. In the ill brother we encounter God’s mercy, who is the physician of the invalid in Jesus Christ. The sick man wants cure, but Christ gives him more: Salvation.

Originator of the above sermon: Dr. Dietrich Bonhoeffer (in my eyes, he is a king)

April 10, 2012 at 10:59 am |
    • awaysaway

Space is allowed for comments. Not the insertion of new articles that are longer than the original piece. If you had any good points they were lost – I just skipped the whole diatribe.

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • jim

What nonsense filled drivel.

You are alive before a Catholic baptism, heck even animals and plants are alive, so you fail on your second sentence.

This whole thing falls apart on the idea that "diseases have their earthly causes and earthly cures." Were they not part of the design made by your perfect creator in 6 days? He created aids and then the church whom speak on his behalf since he seems to have no voice of his own, prevents the use of condoms so that more and more people suffer and die. He created water born parasites to kill millions of children every year. Sickness, Disease, deformities, he invented all of them. He even invented hunger in all animals, but that wasn't enough, eating minerals and dirt wasn't good enough for him. That's why virtually all living animals need to murder something else to stay alive. To believe your nonsense is to deny the real world around you.

April 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
  12. Mark

I resent the thought that anyone who questions the veracity of the bible and it's teachings is an atheist. It is just as ignorant as atheists who will not listen to theists. I am a monotheist, I believe in one god, but in no way shape or form do I believe in the representation of God that mankind has created n mankind's own image. Teh dude in the clouds with the fluffy beard who reunites us all in death....puhleez. Thats what mankind WANTS it to be. Thats what softens the blow of death, this false reassurance that there must be a conscience afterlife, one that carries a sense of self and spirit, simply because we cannot bare the thought of no longer existing and the manmade teachings of the bible represent that innate human fear. There is nothing to be ashamed about in fearing death. I fear it because I understand that I will never understand it no matter how many religious bullies harrass me as being an atheist, because I don't believe in heaven or hell, or that God has a specific plan for me. I do not think God gives a crap about me OR you. I do not think of any of us, no matter how extraordinary we may be is really on Gods conscience radar.

April 10, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • TruthPrevails

At least you're honest and not threatening people with eternal torture for not believing.

April 10, 2012 at 11:00 am |
    • reason

A lot of people make the ignorant assumption that all non-religious people are atheist.

April 10, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  13. Bernie

The historical question is most important to Christianity. Jesus must have been a particular person born at a particular time and in a particular place. His physical resurrection must have actually happened at a particular time and in a particular place, or the faith of Christians is in vain. St. Paul certainly recognized that.That Jesus was not an historical person is probably not credible. The accounts of his life and teachings are, generally, probably "in the ball park." Perhaps not in some details to the satisfaction of some scholars. Many today are willing to acknowledge Jesus as a great spiritual teacher, one among many who appeared down through the centuries and still, today. That belief frees us to accept some of what he said and did and reject other things we don't understand or like. The problem, of course, is who Jesus said he was. He even asked his apostles, not how the people felt about what he said or taught, but, "who do people say that I am?" There are enough incidents in the Gospels to indicate that Jesus claimed to be God incarnate. If he was, indeed, who he said he was -and this is the important point- then obviously we have to take what he said and taught more than with a grain a salt or only as we would the teachings of other spiritual teachers. In the end, the historical question is most important to all of us who take Jesus seriously

April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • bernie

YOu say "must have been" several times. Why? Again, I understand that it's a central belief to Christians. 12 years in catholic school showed me it was import to believe. I just chose to question the christian brothers that I had. LIke, why do i have to accept jesus, not as a human (which I think he most likely exsisted) but as god? Because Matthew or Mark or some other person, who lived over 2000 years ago wrote a bunch of stories...

April 10, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  14. LookAndSEE

In the Bible(Genesis) u will notice a division of time where there is no logical explanation for. IE the 7 day week cycle.
    In our modern society u will notice people who are not religious use the name of Jesus in a negative way.

April 10, 2012 at 10:53 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

LET's Religiosity Law #2 – Circular "holy" book reasoning + sweaty fervor = mental retardation (aka: christians/muslims)

April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • sam stone

Really, Look? I cursed Prince Fielder for a bad at bat the other day. He must be devine, he is a Prince.

April 10, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • Kyle

"When is the last time u heard someone curse Allah, Mohamed, Buddha? The fact that people curse Jesus is proof that He is devine."

That's because you live in a Christianity-saturated civilization. It's not rocket science that people will curse the deity they believe to be rea (believe being the key word)l. I can't say whether or not people in the Middle East curse Allah (and if they don't, that just makes them more devout than you), but they certainly don't curse Jesus.

April 10, 2012 at 11:02 am |
    • E Connelly

iT DOES NOT STATE (IN THE BIBLE) HOW LONG THE LORD'S DAY IS. Perhaps his day was thousands of years long. HAVE ANY OF YOU HEATHENS THOUGHT ABOUT THAT? No, didn't think so.

April 10, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • hilikus00

E Connely...what are you? 6?

Everyone has heard that line. It was probably most famously used in the Scopes v. The State of Tennessee trial on the teaching of evolution (pro evolution I might add). Just because something 'blew your mind' doesn't mean that the rest of the world is ignorant of the issue.

April 10, 2012 at 11:19 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

@E Con – LET's Religiousity Law #4 – If a bible verse furthers the cause, it is to be taken literally. If a bible verse is detrimental to the cause, it is either: taken out of context; is allegorical; refers to another verse somewhere else; is an ancient cultural anomaly; is a translation or copyist's error; means something other than what it actually says; Is a mystery of god or not discernible by humans; or is just plain magic.

April 10, 2012 at 11:24 am |
  15. billybob

I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU GUYS YOU HAVE ONLY MADE MY FAITH STRONGER.

April 10, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • awaysaway

No we didn't. You just don't like the questions and so you are yelling (ALL CAPS) at people. Shrug.

April 10, 2012 at 11:12 am |
  16. scott

Man says, "We don't need you anymore God. Our tech can create anything we need."
    God responded, "Ok, if you can create life from dirt I will leave you forever."
    Man says, "We accept your challenge!" and bent down and scooped up some dirt.
    God bellowed, "Wait a minute! Get your own dirt!"

April 10, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • KSO

weird

April 10, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  17. Jeff

Running an article like that on Easter probably wasn't a good idea. Everyone is super sensitive about everything these days, so something like this is bound to inflame faithful Christians that aren't in the mood for it during their holy week and aggressive Atheists that have heard enough about the Christian holy week and Jewish passover.

April 10, 2012 at 10:49 am |
    • scott

I don't think everyone is any more sensitive then they used to be. People just have a place to voice their unhappiness.

April 10, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  18. reason

The gods of all organized religions, if true, would all be horribly unjust and evil deities to send billions of people to eternal suffering for choosing the wrong one or being born in the wrong place. Looking at organized religion objectively, they are myths from iron age societies that were trying to explain the world, and there is virtually no chance any one is truth.

Rationally speaking if there is a just god and an afterlife, you will be judged on how you live your life. Rejecting reason and deluding yourself in blind faith does not help your case.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4or90cmyhk&w=640&h=360]

April 10, 2012 at 10:47 am |
    • Heather

Only one who is not saved would see it this way. If you have the Holy Spirit within you, there is no doubt... period.

April 10, 2012 at 11:04 am |
    • reason

There are billions with the same conviction about their own religions as you Heather.

April 10, 2012 at 11:11 am |
    • awaysaway

@Heather doesn't get it.

April 10, 2012 at 11:14 am |
  19. Dl

I prayed really really hard & God told me that religion is a man-made myth that justifies people to judge others in His name & He does NOT approve. If you think I'm lying, you hate God

April 10, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • reason

I can corroborate this as I had the exact same experience. God told me all organized religions are man made and told me to tell everyone else to stop with the foolishness. He also predicted that many religious people would not believe me and would deny it.

I am glad DI had the same experience as I did.

April 10, 2012 at 10:54 am |
    • awaysaway

As did I. Its a miracle and to deny it is to deny the existence of God.

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 am |
    • closet atheist

I'm on board... I had the same conversation with him. We better write a book about our experiences for future generations to worship.

April 10, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  20. Haley

Harry: Professor, is this all real, or is it just in my head?
    Dumbledore: Of course it's all in your head, Harry. That does not make it any less real.

April 10, 2012 at 10:41 am |
    • Sybaris

OK, the old "I think it therefore it is" routine.

That's a slippery slope.

Next we'll have religious nuts staking off random parcels of land because their invisible god is sitting there taking prayer requests.

April 10, 2012 at 11:14 am |