home
RSS
April 9th, 2012

Can a public servant be a non-believer?

(CNN)– Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, and Ralph Reed, discuss on State of the Union with Candy Crowley whether a public servant can declare be a "non-believer." Their answers may surprise you.

For more on State of the Union with Candy Crowley and the debate over religion and politics here.

Watch State of the Union with Candy Crowley Sundays at 9am ET. For the latest from State of the Union click here.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: 2012 Election • Atheism • Belief • Church and state • Politics • TV-State of the Union

1. just sayin

I like contractions.

April 9, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
    • captain america

I prayed that I would be able to do auto fellatio, and prayer worked! Prayer and a lot of yoga. It's a very very small target, but with lots of prayer, I was able to dock. Which means I am better than slimy Canadians, who need other people to be able to pop their corks.

I'm very very stoooooopad – there's your sign!

April 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

See, prayer does change things. So how much of it can you get in your mouth? I can just barely lick the tip myself. Still building up my flexability.

April 9, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • captain america

well there is proof of how stoopad I am. I just posted under my Atheism is not name and forgot I am also me. Itz hard to keep track of all of the me's I pertend to be.

itz fun having a lotz of phony names, then calling other people frauds.

I have the IQ of a banana slug. There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • just sayin

Atheism at its finest. This fraud has shown atheism for what it really is better than any debate ever could.

April 9, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • Jesus

"See, prayer does change things."

`Prayer doesn’t not; you are so full of crap and lies. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!.,.

April 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@just sayin

So shall we classify all the christians by the few bigoted idiots out there, who in no way should represent all of the group? How about we lump in all christians with people like the Phelps? As an atheist, I don't agree with name stealing or anything like that, however you also have no proof that it is an atheist (even though it is most likely).

April 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • great intellect my ass

@HawaiiGuest
      This is at the heart of every atheist, try telling the world how you "think" for yourself and use "reason" and "science" and be real honest take these with you. You are all the same, you just pretend you're "better".

April 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@great intellect my ass

At what point did I say any of those things? At what point did I say I or any atheist was "better"?

April 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • great intellect my ass

For all we know you are they.

April 9, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Welcome to the internet. Out of curiosity, who are you talking about when you say they?

April 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
    • Snow

quickly, great intellect.. do you not claim to be better than everyone because your god told you all there is to know via the bible .. about the world and the truth about what happens to one after their death.. and so you claim to "save" others by spreading the word? do you not see the hypocrisy in accusing the others of the same thing you do yourself?

April 9, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
    • great intellect my ass

I'm just sayin and captain america trying to make it look like I have friends

April 9, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • just sayin

I saw Jesus in the mirror once standing behind me with his hand on my shoulder. I cried because it was a really strong grip.

April 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

It's why I talk in falsetto now, my balls hurt for days.

April 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
    • just sayin

Speaking of balls...I wonde rif Jesus's itched when he was up there????

April 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  2. Alfred E Neuman

A lot of gas but no proof from fake Jesus. Perhaps you misplaced your proof fake Jesus, look harder, post" lie "more often and maybe that will become proof. Still no proof? What a surprise.

April 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm |

Herp...derp

April 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm |

"A lot of gas but no proof from fake Jesus. " – LIE

"Perhaps you misplaced your proof fake Jesus, look harder, post" lie "more often and maybe that will become proof. – LIE

"Still no proof? What a surprise." – LIE

So Alfred E N. aka "just sayin" aka "Athiest..." Still proving I am correct and you are nothing more than a LIAR without proof. Thanks for continuing to prove me correct in your desperation.

April 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Still no proof. Fake Jesus has lost all credibility. Try harder all your proof must be relieving itself. You must have misplaced your proof. I am still waiting.

April 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!, .

April 9, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Ok, I am a liar, I am" just sayin" and "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things" because it gives my ego a boost because I am so insecure and a troll. Bullying really helps my self esteem. Jesus you are right – God Bless!

April 9, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Phony atheist post but still no proof. I am still waiting

April 9, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • HeavenSent

One above is a FRAUD.

April 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Your the phony aka "just sayin' since i can't back myself up I have to use other handles to prove I am not a fraud!

April 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Still waiting fake Jesus. No proof ? Guess you really don't have any. If any happen by any proof let us know otherwise today you have really shown what you are made of. Keep posting but I hope everyone ignores you for the fake you are.

April 9, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Alfred, don't blow a gasket. lol Your belief is based on fraud which I find quite funny.

April 9, 2012 at 5:22 pm |

"Still waiting fake Jesus. No proof ? –LIE

"Guess you really don't have any." –LIE

"If any happen by any proof let us know otherwise today you have really shown what you are made of. "-LIE

"Keep posting but I hope everyone ignores you for the fake you are."" –LIE

Thanks for continuing to prove what a LIAR you are aka "just sayin" & "Athiest...." LMAO! this is so much fun watching you be so desperate and proving my original posts correct. LMAO! LOL! LOL!

April 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

P! ss off Jesus the Fraud.

April 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm |

Jesus let's meet up I think I love you

April 9, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  3. Snow

So, lets see.. the idiot thinks the very first amendment made to the const.itution of this country is wrong and should be scrapped.. genius

April 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  4. just sayin

I'm just a dick, that's all god bless

April 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm |

fraud, yes you are

April 9, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • Jack

just sayin is so cute when he's angry.

April 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Jack, I am a she thank you very much.
      Amen

April 9, 2012 at 5:01 pm |

With A LOT of cats

April 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  5. just sayin

Yes Jesus was gat, deal with it. God Bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm |

Fraud.

April 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
    • mandarax

Interesting thing is, the word "fraud" applies regardless of who is who.

April 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm |

Especially to you. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • just sayin

You're all frauds who took my pants

April 9, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
    • just sayin

my pants are down so I can suck my....

April 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • Demon is a fraud

Go screw yourself while you are at it.

April 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm |

God bless.

April 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm |

Now bend over.

April 9, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Gat? I think you meant gay and I agree. Me and my partner enjoy Jesus.
      Amen

April 9, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  6. mandarax

When Reid said "a non-believer can be President just as a Muslim can, or a Hindu can..." I though he was making a clever point, that of course you technically CAN but it would not be culturally tolerated. But he was serious! He is so out of touch that he thinks that a non-believer or a Muslim candidate would be tolerated in our holier-than-thou, wear-Jesus-on-your-sleeve political climate. I can just hear the attack ads from the religious right.

April 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
    • Primewonk

As much as I hate it, I agree with you. I'd like to remind folks of what happened when Keith Ellison was elected to congress from Minnesota. He is a practicing Muslim and wanted to use a Quran owned by Jefferson to be swore in (even though that's just for show, the actual oath is administered prior sans holy books. Some in Congress tried to forbid letting him do this and demanding he use a bible instead.

If our owh Presidents and Congressmen are ignorant about the consti.tution, what hope do we have for the average fundamentalist îdiot?

April 9, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
    • GodPot

That is why the term "democracy" can be applied to a lynch mob.

Definition of DEMOCRACY
      1a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority

It says nothing about wise rule, or reasoned rule, or informed rule, just majority rule. It is the constltution that is supposed to protect the minorities from the majorities as our founders understood that just because a majority wants something that doesn't mean they should have it. The religious right just make way to much money off selling their torches, pitchforks and rope to stop the mobs they work up into a frenzy.

April 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  7. Nonimus

April 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  8. lastofall

"Mammon" is a Syriac word that signifies "gain". To some, their belly is their mammon; to other´s it is their ease, their sleep, their sport or past time; to other´s it is trusting in riches, to others it is being honored and praised and receiving applause of people.
    In a word "self" is the mammon which cannot be served in conjunction with God. He does not say we "must" not, or we "should" not; but He says we "cannot" love and hold to both. They are contrary the one to the other.
    The conclusion therefore is there are many in an office which exercises authority and dominion of other's which perpetually are defying this truth, though they swear they do not; yet they continually love in promise and in talk, but not in deed and in truth.

April 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
    • Nonimus

What leader would demand denial of self in favor of another?

What morality would demand the subjugation of self for another?

April 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  9. Fetchez la vache!

Only a monumental bigot would even consider the question of whether a non-religious person could be a public servant. There have actually been many.

Openly declaring it may be tougher considering the extreme bigotries that so many Christians embrace, but I think the moderate voters would do fine with it. It's really only a political football for the looney bin on the far right.

If people would start considering the results of having a devout Christian in control, they would open their minds to the realities of religion in those in power. Who were those devout Christians? George W Bush and Jimmy Carter. A monster and an incompetent.

April 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • William Demuth

just sayin

Considering that Christians are far and away the poorest of any religion in the US, I suggest you leave your financial decisions to the Mormons.

It seems funny to complain about something you have none of!

April 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
    • just sayin

Try reading the comment Willie one thread down (see you missed on the reply) pun intended.
      E Pluribus Onan
      Out of many a jag off. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
    • Once Again, The Atheists Have To Teach The Christians About Their Own Scripture

The story of Onan is not about masturbation. Onan is practicing an ancient form of birh control where he pulls out at climax and spills his seed on the ground.

You really are very stupid.

Good ole YHWH kills Onan for it. Now there's a God I can respect. Not.

April 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
    • just sayin

It is a joke you ass hole. Not a biblical commentary.

April 9, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • just sayin

Darn! I made a fool of myself again! My New Year's resolution to not be such a moron is not going well at all!

April 9, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  10. Al

Since our money is so discriminatory, perhaps it's time to take mention of God off of it?

April 9, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • Primewonk

Yes. And replace it with our old motto – E Pluribus Unam.

April 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm |

@Primewonk
      Mint your own wonk
      E Pluribus Onan
      In God we trust stays on all our money. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • Primewonk

Sorry troll, but you're wrong.

Which describes our ideals and aspirations better. A nation under a sick psychotic schizophrenic god that no 2 people can agree on? Or E Pluribus Unum – Out of Many, One. Which one celibrates our diversity?

April 9, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
    • just sayin

You really need to read the post you are replying to wonk
      Your own personal coinage saying
      E Pluribus Onan
      Out of many a jag off
      Just a little too fast for ya wasn't it. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 4:39 pm |

just sayin's grasp of his own religion is just hilarious. See my post above on the subject of Onan.

April 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  11. Alfred E Neuman

Still waiting

April 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |

LMAO!

April 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm |

Herp derp

April 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  12. Jack

just saiyan wrote: "We'll just continue to think of you under one name ..... "

By "We" you mean just sayin and the good ol' captain?

April 9, 2012 at 11:54 am |
    • captain america

Why not? It fits you like a glove. There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 11:57 am |
    • captain america

I'd fit you like a glove too if you come over here

April 9, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • just super saiyan

KameHaMeHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

April 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
  13. In the Name of what's good

My first post...
    If this country is supposed to be open to all and all are supposed to have the freedom to choose whatever religion they want, than why must a Christian be the only one to hold office. Individuals came to American to avoid religious persecution yet here we are persecuting all that do not believe in Christianity. Its sad really. I do not need you to save my soul, worry about your own. And yes we are one nation, under god...it doesn't mention which god does it?...I do recall with liberty and justice for all though.

April 9, 2012 at 11:16 am |
  14. Voice of Reason

There should be a prerequisite for anyone holding public office to be mentally evaluated for any disorders. Unfortunately for the religious types, they would never pass the evaluation due to their delusional state of being watched. With that said, there should be very stringent guidelines for our public administration job requirements, if not, the religious types will always have god in the back of their minds when making decisions that will affect the rest of us that don't necessarily buy into the whole god thing.

April 9, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • JPX

I agree. Religion is a mental illness; a mass delusion about make-believe. I wish all my public servants were atheists because then I would know that educated, sane people are representing me.

April 9, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • HawaiiGuest

Belief is merely belief. We have no more right to marginalize them for their belief than they do to marginalize non-belief or different beliefs.

April 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
  15. Primewonk

Article VI, Section 3 of the consti.tution forbids any type of religious test for any office in the US.

Why is this even a question?

April 9, 2012 at 9:32 am |
    • Voice of Reason

How about a test for mental disorders?

April 9, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  16. just sayin

President George H W Bush has said an atheist is not a patriot and should not be a citizen of America. We are one nation under God. I tend to agree with President Bush. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 9:26 am |
    • Primewonk

This simply show how ignorant Bush and you are concerning the consti.tution.

April 9, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • lunchbreaker

I can quote presidents too.

Obama said, "For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus–and non-believers."

April 9, 2012 at 10:29 am |
    • just sayin

Obama noted there was variety in America. What he was too polite to say on that occasion was what George Bush wasn't. That atheists are totally useless to America and themselves as well . God bless

April 9, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • Primewonk

just sayin wrote, "atheists are totally useless to America and themselves as well"

This, of course, is just another lie.

April 9, 2012 at 10:41 am |
    • nope

@primewonk
      nope

April 9, 2012 at 10:42 am |
    • Primewonk

@ nope – I realize you are just an ignorant sockpuppet troll ID of one of these other îdiots. Sorry.

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • OhPlease

"We are one nation under God."

Oh really that's why the Christians killed 50 million Indians and stole their land, they didn't even follow their own rule book. What a bunch of hypocrites.

April 9, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • nope

@ohplease
      nope

April 9, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • OhPlease

"nope

@ohplease
      nope"

Yeah "just sayin" and all your other handles you can't respond when the real truth is put in your face. Answering with nope shows that your a dope.

April 9, 2012 at 11:00 am |
    • nope

nope.

April 9, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • OhPlease

"nope

nope"

Thanks for proving you're a dope.

April 9, 2012 at 11:02 am |
    • just sayin

Primewonk, you just don't get it. The only way I can save your soul is to insult you. Logical arguments can only go so far. The real way to turn people to Jesus is 3 easy steps. Insult, insult and insult. Every time I call an athiest an idiot, Jesus smiles.What would Jesus do? He would insult you, plain and simple.

April 9, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • just sayin

Christians did not kill 50 million " Indians" and steal their land. By the way calling native Americans "Indians" shows a rank prejudice on your part. I would hate to think how you refer to Africans. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 11:04 am |

Fraud alert ! Useless is back. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • OhPlease

"Christians did not kill 50 million " Indians" and steal their land. By the way calling native Americans "Indians" shows a rank prejudice on your part"

Thanks for proving your ignorance on this subject.

April 9, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • just sayin

The truth of American expansionism and the native peoples is as varied and honored as the peoples themselves. There was no slaughter of 50 million native Americans by Christians and although there are some claims of land theft the vast majority of land was acquired through purchase and treaty. You are still displaying an extreme prejudice using a slang prejudicial and insulting term to define a thousand different nations. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
    • OhPlease

"There was no slaughter of 50 million native Americans by Christians and although there are some claims of land theft the vast majority of land was acquired through purchase and treaty."

No that's the sugar coated version of history so Christians like you don't have to deal with the fact that your kind brutally murdered millions of people for this land.

April 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm |

@ohplese
      This is the true version of this land.
      1. there never was 50 million people here to be slaughtered
      2. native nations still exist in large numbers (impossible if your theory is fact)
      3. more people died from disease than any other cause
      4. war was committed by both sides neither one being Christian
      5. all people lost family to disease
      6. Christians were not responsible for germs
      7. Records remain to show legal land ownership
      Your theory does not stand up to examination, you are wrong God bless

April 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
    • Jack

just sayin, can you produce examples of the records in no. 7 of your list, or are you going to tell me you already posted them before?

April 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm |

National Archives. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
    • WASP

@just sayin': been through this before. i'm atheist and served 8 years in the army. so if you ever want to test how much of a patriot i am, you and your little bush friend can come see me, otherwise, blow off.

April 9, 2012 at 2:07 pm |

F u if you don't like what I say. God Bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
    • OhPlease

"1. there never was 50 million people here to be slaughtered"

You really don't know your facts do you, if you really want a mind blower the total for both Americas is 150 million killed. LOL!

April 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • just sayin

So you lived on the public dime for 8 years while undermining the fabric of the nation that supported you. Is that supposed to instill pride or something? I feel a deep sadness that one who doesn't care what the USA is about would abuse it that way. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
    • Jack

just sayin, if you actually are a Christian, you are a terrible one. You do nothing but insult those that don't believe exactly as you do. Is that what Jesus tells you to do? Your behavior insures no one that reads your posts will become a Christian. You do a diservice to the God you claim to worship. However if you are just trolling, keep up the good work.

April 9, 2012 at 2:30 pm |

@just sayin
      Fraud alert

April 9, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Cap'n sayin atheism isn't an angry pervert neuman
      Smallpox blankets, anyone?

April 9, 2012 at 2:31 pm |

@ohplease
      Believe a lie if you want to Truthful verifiable facts have been given. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm |

@jack
      When all else fails, attack an entire belief system. That's a lame shot even for you Jack. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:35 pm |

@Doc Veastibule
      No one is interested in you on this thread , try a canadian one for a change. Urban legend or something canadians did. There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

@just sayin

I don't know where you get off questioning the service of a former military person. You show more and more everyday how much of a pathetic little worm you truly are. The term "true christian" usually refers to one who attempts to model their life on the figure known as Jesus Christ. Based on your idiocy and hateful statements on these forums, and what your jesus supposedly said in the patchwork "book" you call the bible, you have failed spectacularly.

April 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • Jack

I'm only attacking you. I said nothing of Christians in general. I said you are a poor excuse for one.

April 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • Mark

"Believe a lie if you want to Truthful verifiable facts have been given."

Independent researchers conducted study about the number the natives killed by the United States. The study estimated populations and population reductions using later census data. Two figures are given, both low and high, at: between 10 million and 114 million Indians as a direct result of US actions. Note that Nazi Holocaust estimates are between 6 and 11 million; thereby making the Nazi Holocaust the 2nd largest mass murder of a class of people in history.

Since so many claimed this to be a Christians nation that falls squarely on their shoulders. It's that nasty part of history many people choose to over look.

April 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
    • just sayin

Your opinion and a buck might be worth 99 cents but I wouldn't put up that much . God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
    • just sayin

@Mark cute now try it with real facts. No 50 million slaughtered, no Christian involvement. Refer to facts, no one is responsible for disease and more people of all races died from disease than from any invented genocide. If 50 million were slaughtered that would make several hundred million disease deaths. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • just sayin

I am a terrible christian and not even a good troll. God bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm |

fraud .

April 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
    • Patrick

"@Mark cute now try it with real facts. No 50 million slaughtered, no Christian involvement. Refer to facts, no one is responsible for disease and more people of all races died from disease than from any invented genocide. If 50 million were slaughtered that would make several hundred million disease deaths"

You really don't know your facts. This was a nation claiming to be Christian and yes 150 million died, 50 million were slaughter. There are gruesome details of those slaughters but you're too much of a chicken shit to read the real truth. Why do you think Christians try to sugar coat over it because they are great at covering this type of thing up.

April 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
    • just sayin

@ Patrick. Good of you to show up at this late date and repeat BS that has already been dealt with. Now go home and get your F"n shine box.

April 9, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
    • WASP

@just sayin': lol that's the best you can come up with? i challenge you and you curse at me.....how very christian of you. yes i served this country for 8 years and i would do it again if needed. i swore an oath to protect this country from all enemies foreign and domestic; i still stand by that oath today. bush was the biggest mistake this country ever made. we had a surplus of money and was paying off the deficit under clinton's policies, but from day one bush came in and started destroying everything he touched, then when election rolled around he terrified america into electing him again. so yeah great guy your siting for inspiration there pal. a patriot is someone that is willing to lay down there life to protect their country, regardless of their beliefs. let's see if you have the backbone to sacrifice your freedoms to protect the freedoms of this country of ours. if not you have right to challenge others patriotism.

April 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • WASP

@just sayin': mark is correct. here is the link about how cruel the missionaries and conquerers of the americas were.

they almost completely wiped out the whole native population. columbus did wipe out a whole island, hispanola,current day haiti/dominican republic, their native population was exterminated and bred out. their whole culture lost to a drunk, lost and confused christian nut job that even on his deathbed swore he found india,not the new world.

April 9, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  17. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

April 9, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! ..

April 9, 2012 at 10:36 am |

April 9, 2012 at 10:58 am |

"Alfred E Neuman

Thank you "Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things " for all the inspiring and wonderful proofs you posted the other day !"

More lies since you are one and the same person using different handles....cough..cough..."just sayin" LMAO! What an idiot.

April 9, 2012 at 11:44 am |

April 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • Jesus

"Looks like the "proof" ball is in your court fake Jesus. No theory, no inconclusive studies, no opinions just verifiable proof. I am waiting."

More lies, your the same poster using different handles what an idiot. Your the one without any proof thanks for continuing to show your desperation through your lies. You can't even follow the bible what a hypocrite.

April 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm |

April 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

I am still waiting fake Jesus.

April 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Jesus

"As suspected no proof just wind. Your whole existence and comments appear nothing more than flatulence and false flatulence at that."

You've been given proof in my posts the one who is full of lies and stupidity is you regardless of the multiple handles you use. Keep showing you can't even follow your own bible. " ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire". LOL!

April 9, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

You have made multiple claims that you have not proven, fake Jesus. As a response we see bluster but no proofs forthcoming .Provide the proofs for your claim or forever admit you are a liar. I am still waiting

April 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • Jesus

".Provide the proofs for your claim or forever admit you are a liar. I am still waiting"

Typical Christian poor reading comprehension skills, thanks for continuing to show your desperation.

April 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

No proof of anything as of yet, still just gas. I am still waiting fake Jesus

April 9, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Jesus

"No proof of anything as of yet, still just gas. I am still waiting fake Jesus"

LMAO guess you can't read my first response..time to go back to grade school. Thanks for showing the world what an idiot you are.

Asking for proof when you don't have anything to counter...typical Christian retard.

April 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Still waiting fake Jesus, looks like you got nothing.

April 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • Mark

Alfred Jesus first reply answers your question, what is your proof to counter his post?

April 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Try to know a little about what you are talking about Mark or else let others speak for themselves.

April 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm |

I like to wear diapers and run around acting like Jesus. God Bless

April 9, 2012 at 2:44 pm |

Fraud alert*

April 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
    • just sayin

And again I request myself to show proof that I own the rights to my name.

April 9, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
    • just sayin

You will get your proof when hell freezes over

April 9, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
    • just sayin

I hope I can find my pants again before it does freeze

April 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
    • Jesus

"Its first post was shown to be false weeks ago. The fake Jesus made claims concerning me personally with the same lack of credibility. Put up or shut up fake Jesus and at this point it is still silent where proof is concerned."

How many handles do you have?

Its first post was shown to be false weeks ago. –LIE You are a LIAR!

The fake Jesus made claims concerning me personally with the same lack of credibility. –LIE I told the truth you are a LIAR!

Put up or shut up fake Jesus and at this point it is still silent where proof is concerned. –LIE You are a LIAR!

April 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
    • just sayin

Alfred E Neuman I told you to wait in the closet my pants aren't even off yet.

April 9, 2012 at 3:19 pm |

My bad.

April 9, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • Alfred E Neuman

Still waiting fake Jesus.

April 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm |

.....herp. Derp.

April 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
    • justsayin

Alfred Still waiting huh well drop your pants it won't hurt so bad. Your taking it up the as already dude, just chill.

April 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
    • just sayin

Can I have your attention please?

I'm just sayin
      the real just sayin
      all you other just sayins are just imitating
      so won't the real just sayin please stand up

April 9, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
  18. johnfrichardson

The very question is insulting.

April 9, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

To whom?

April 9, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • Voice of Reason

Why?

April 9, 2012 at 10:25 am |
    • johnfrichardson

Um, duh?

April 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • johnfrichardson

Whoops, my fault. I foolishly assumed that the question posed in the headline was actually the one Crowley posed. Why would I believe a CNN belief blog headline writer would get anything right? Embarrassing.

April 10, 2012 at 10:11 am |
  19. momoya

Depends on whether the office is an elected position.

April 9, 2012 at 9:04 am |
  20. Doc Vestibule

So self-respecting atheist would use money?
    That's the most specious argument I've ever heard.
    That's like saying that no self-respecting believer would use medicine becuase pharmaceutical bio-chemistry is based on the Theory of Evolution.

April 9, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • captain america

Since it is our public servants it would be none of your business, try concerning yourself with your own country. There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • Primewonk

@ Captain America – dude, your xenophobia is showing. Is it just Canadians you hate? Or is it all other countries as well?

April 9, 2012 at 9:38 am |
    • captain america

I don't recall noting canada in that post. Since you already know that canadians butting into American issues is a useless, undermining, endeavor, what is your problem ? There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 10:37 am |
    • Primewonk

How was Doc's post useless and undermining?

CNN is a global news organization. You can even get CNN content in various languages from around the world.

It seems your problem is not so much with a posters nationality, as much as it is with their ideology. If a poster does not agree with your political views, they shouldn't post here?

April 9, 2012 at 10:47 am |
    • lunchbreaker

I don't recall Doc stating he was from another country.

April 9, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • captain america

Do you ever read what you are responding to primewonk? God bless

April 9, 2012 at 11:07 am |
    • Jack

Get your handles mixed up Captain? God Bless is just sayin's thing. BUSTED!

April 9, 2012 at 11:13 am |
    • ......

"Get your handles mixed up Captain? God Bless is just sayin's thing. BUSTED!"

Their handles are "Atheists...", "just sayin," "Alfred E" "Captain" and many many more.

April 9, 2012 at 11:16 am |
    • captain america

I like it I use it You don't like it Jack? Go screw yourself. God bless.There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 11:17 am |

@.....
      We'll just continue to think of you under one name ..... ass hole.

April 9, 2012 at 11:27 am |
    • Primewonk

@ just sayin, er, Captain, if I respond to a post, the default position is that yes, I did read the post.

Did you have a point to make?

April 9, 2012 at 11:35 am |
    • captain america

You assume on your responses and end up looking like the lamozo you are. There's your sign.

April 9, 2012 at 11:38 am |
    • Primewonk

@ Captain sayin – you have every right to be an ignorant putz. You, and the rest of your îdiot sockpuppets do not have a right to try and force everyone else to be as ignorant as the vapors in your imagination.

April 9, 2012 at 11:50 am |
    • Nonimus

@captian america,
      Where did you pick up this absurd mission to expel Canadians from an internet forum? I really don't understand your position.

April 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • captain america

@Nominus : We are the United States of America, one nation under God. How do you like having foreign atheists doing your thinking for you? There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • just sayin

:We are the United States of America, one nation under God. How do you like having foreign atheists doing your thinking for you? There's your sign:

We are not one nation under god, because if we were we would be the worse mass murderers of all of the world, killing all those indians!

April 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • HeavenSent

American Indians are a waste, if they don't convert then kill them.
      Amen

April 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • just sayin

You atheists all got me so worked up that my HeavenSent personality had to come out
      Look what you did
      God bless

April 9, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Nonimus

@captain america,
      "We are the United States of America, one nation under God. How do you like having foreign atheists doing your thinking for you? There's your sign"

You do realize that the internet goes to virtually every country on the planet, right? You do realize that CNN targets the entire world, with their newscasts, right?

Also, until someone invents mind-control technology, no one thinks for you unless you let them.

April 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm |

@nominus
      Which mouthwash do you use to get the taste of foreign butt out of your mouth when you are done kissing it, or do you never stop kissing up. There's your sign

April 9, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • Snow

wow.. I haven't seen the same person be so many types of Trolls in the same thread..

#4 The Never-Give-Up, Never-Surrender Troll: This troll is ALWAYS right and will battle to the death to prove it. There’s no point in trying to fight her. If she can’t back something up with reality, she’ll make something up, just to show you how wrong you are.

#7 The Self-Feeding Troll: This guy likes to argue, even when everyone else in the fo tells him he’s wrong. Without support from his nonexistent friends, he changes handles—or makes up new ones—to show the fo how loved he is.

#8 The Bored Hater: This guy loves to make problems, usually out of sheer boredom. His posts are vi.le and hideous for no other reason than riling up total strangers. His ar.senal includes ra.cism, se.xism, hom.opho.bia and religious intolerance.

#11 The Profane Screamer: If someone says something even remotely critical of the Profane Screamer, he’ll TYPE IN ALL CAPS, telling you what a @#$# you are and insulting your mom. The Profane Screamer is often a noob and often turns into The Crybaby.

#16 The Flooder: The Flooder tries to break forums by posting the same lame thing over and over and over and over and over and over…

April 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Nonimus

@captain america,
      "Which mouthwash do you use to get the taste of foreign butt out of your mouth..."

hmmm... I think I see the connection here....

Are you projecting a desire for the taste of foreign butts? Does the shame of your own desire make you lash out at any perceived similarity to your own dark desires? It's okay there are support groups and medications that can help. You don't have to do it alone.

April 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm |