home
RSS
April 12th, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Thursday, April 12

By Laura Koran, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

Mitt Romney campaigning on Wednesday.

CNN: Evangelical leader: Mormonism will become a bigger issue for Romney
A top evangelical leader who is close to Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign says the candidate’s Mormon faith will be even more of an issue in the general election than it has been in the primary, predicting that the focus on Romney’s faith will present a challenge to Romney.

Tweet of the Day:

From @BeliefBeat: Whoops, I'm following 666 people. Better fix it! (I'm not normally superstitious, but had a 666 phone number once & it was bad news.)

Belief on TV:

Enlightening Reads:

Religion News Service: Is this the Mormons’ JFK moment? Maybe, maybe not.
With his path now clear to the Republican nomination, Mitt Romney is on the verge of becoming the first Mormon to head a major party’s presidential ticket, a new milestone in America’s embrace of religious groups that were once shunned by society.

The Guardian: Cameron calls on Islam to embrace democracy and reject extremism
Democracy and Islam can flourish together, David Cameron will declare on Thursday as he uses a landmark speech in Indonesia to tell the Muslim world that it can reject a "dead-end choice" between extremism and dictatorship. In one of his most significant speeches on Islam, the prime minister will say that the world can defeat extremists, who are a "dangerous foe" on a par with supporters of slavery.

The Washington Post: A new Catholic conversation on sex?
Cardinal Dolan described the church as being “gun shy” when it comes to speaking about “chastity” and sexual morality in general. But one of the real difficulties Catholicism faces is its perceived emphasis on sexuality to the exclusion of any other issue.

CNN: Argentine 'miracle' baby found alive after death declaration
One-week-old Luz Milagros Veron is Argentina's miracle baby. Pronounced dead after her premature birth, the baby withstood more than 10 hours in a morgue refrigerator before being found alive. "Today is the eighth day of my daughter's resurrection," the girl's father, Fabian Veron, told CNN Wednesday.

Quote of the Day:

Initially, I wondered what was someone’s thought process in sending that to me. My first inclination was someone wants me to know the Klan is still around

African-American Idaho lawmaker Rep. Cherie Buckner-Webb on receiving an application in the mail to join to Ku Klux Klan. The application asked Buckner-Webb to return it with a $35 fee, a photo, and the statement: “I am a White Christian man or woman.” From the Idaho Statesman.

Join the conversation…

CNN: With Santorum suspending campaign, some religious conservatives wonder how to proceed
Evangelical activist Michael Farris was not exactly surprised that Rick Santorum suspended his campaign on Tuesday. But that doesn’t mean that Farris, a longtime political organizer, knows what he’s supposed to do now. “Right now my choice is to sit on my hands and do nothing or to actively try to find some alternative” to Mitt Romney, Farris said in an interview shortly after Santorum's announcement.

- CNN's Laura Koran

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes thngs,

April 13, 2012 at 6:57 am |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not; you are so full of crap and lies. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! –

April 13, 2012 at 10:32 am |
    • Robert Brown

Trolling, it is a kind of power rush or ego trip to be a troll. Being online is a place that is largely free of perceived consequences... an insecure person can get a sense of power online, without ever having to face someone directly. With the Internet being a world of imagination and fantasy for some, cowardly users can forge an alter ego for themselves, and act out their feelings of anger and inadequacy. It's sad and unfortunate that our advanced communications also brings out the darker side of many people.

April 13, 2012 at 11:06 am |
  2. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Leo the Lost is truly a case of pitiable under endowment. It's pretty clear he is suffering from depression as a result of his "ittybittydicky" syndrome.

How sad. I guess plastic surgery might be an option.

April 12, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
    • Honey, you forgot your Prozac!

William Demuth

April 12, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
    • HONEY, YOU MUST HAVE BOGARTED IT

April 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
    • Leo

Tom, You played the same game the other night too! You have this down pretty good. When you can't handle what Christians, the word of God, and Jesus Christ have to offer you resort to ridicule and blab all kinds of profanities hoping you will chase us away.

Thanks for being a great example of what happens to someone who turns against the Almighty God!

April 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
  3. News Flash

@just sayin has ESCAPED! She/he's over on the Jet Blue Pilot article on the main CNN section under the name of PrayerWorkz, in case anyone is in charge of the capturing net.

April 12, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • just sayin

Which one ? The honest just sayin is right here to tell you God loves you and sent His Son Jesus Christ to reconcile you to Himself. I am just sayin and I approve this message. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

An "honest just sayin"? There IS no such animal.

April 12, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
    • Yosemite just sayin

Thar be.

April 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm |
  4. William Demuth

WillieLove

You sound like the German nut we normally get Rainer!

You would make a great pair!

April 12, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  5. WillieLove

Not of the Holy Ghost.:"When the Virgin Mary conceived the Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost... (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1:50-51)
    'What a learned idea' Jesus, our elder brother was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the garden of Eden, and who is our Father in heaven." (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1:50-51)
    'Now Remember from this time forth, and forever, hat Jesus Christ was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. will repeat a little anecdote. I was in conversation with a certain learned professor upon this subject when I replied to this idea- "If the son was begotten y the Holy Ghost, it would be very dangerous to baptize and confirm females and give the Holy Ghost o them, lest he should beget children to be palmed off on the Elders by the people, bringing the Elders into great difficulties."...But what do the people in Christendom, with the Bible in their hands, know but this subject? Comparatively Nothing." (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1:50-51)

April 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  6. WillieLove

God must have wives?:
    If none but gods will be permitted to multiply immortal children, it follows that each God must have one or more wives. God, the Father of our spirits, became the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ according to the flesh. (Orson Pratt, The Seer, page 158)

Mary and God were married.:The fleshly body of Jesus required a Mother as well as a Father. Therefore, the Father and Mother of Jesus, according to the flesh, must have been associated together in the capacity of Husband and Wife; hence the Virgin Mary must have been, for the time being, the lawful wife of God the Father: we use the term lawful Wife, because it would be blasphemous in the highest degree to say that He overshadowed her or begat the Savior unlawfully. (Orson Pratt, The Seer, page 158)

Joseph was her second husband.:
    Inasmuch as God was the first husband to her, it may be that He only gave her to be the wife of Joseph while in the mortal state, and that He intended after the resurrection to again take her as one of his own wives to raise up immortal spirits in eternity. (Orson Pratt, The Seer, page 158)
    The man Joseph, the husband of Mary, did not, that we know of, have more than one wife, but Mary the wife of Joseph had another husband. (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, 11:268)

The Bible is wrong.:
    Joseph Fielding Smith, 10th Prophet of the Mormon Church: "They tell us the Book of Mormon states that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Ghost. I challenge that statement. The Book of Mormon teaches No Such Thing! Neither does the Bible!" (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1:18)

God is a Man.:
    "Christ was begotten of God. He was NOT born without the aid of man and that man was God!" (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1:18)

April 12, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  7. Saved

I was saved by rejection.
    I was saved by love.
    I was saved by dissapointment.
    I was saved by Charlie Parker.
    I was saved by Tolkien.
    I was saved by Bach.
    I was saved by bloody deaths.
    I was saved by helplessness.
    I was saved by anxiety.
    Jesus was not there. We are all alone.

April 12, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Saved, you write as if you are a artist stuck in depression. Read Jesus' truth so you can shake off that darkness that captured your spirit.

April 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
    • Saved

No darkness here HS, happy as a clam. Hey, you never told me how your doggies are doing!

April 12, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • just sayin

Too bad you were not with Bach and Tolkien. They were both saved by love, the love of Gods own Son Jesus Christ. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Spoken to old JS, have you, justlyin'? Do tell. Has he told you how he managed to bring polyphony to its zenith? Has he informed you as to the analysis of his chorale preludes?

You moron. You wouldn't know whether you were listening to Bach or Yanni.

April 12, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
  8. WillieLove

How can Mormons claim they believe in the virgin birth if God had s-x with Mary?

April 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Willie, keep thinking on that carnal level you are comfortable with and you'll never comprehend spiritual truth.

April 12, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  9. WillieLove

They change the definition of the word virgin. Mormons feel that they can still use the phrase "virgin birth" because God was an IMMORTAL being who had s-x with Mary, not a mere mortal man. And this is exactly what Bruce McConkie, (top LSD theologian, and one of the Mormon 12 Apostles, died in 1985) said:

April 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  10. WillieLove

"For our present purposes, suffice it to say that our Lord was born of a virgin, which is fitting and proper, and also natural, since the Father of the Child was an immortal Being" (The Promised Messiah, pg. 466).
    In other words, if Joseph had s-x with Mary she would not have been a virgin, but since God had s-x with Mary, she remains a virgin.

April 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  11. WillieLove

By "Virgin birth", Mormons mean that no mortal human had s-x with Mary, but since God had s-x with Mary, and He is immortal, she remains a virgin!

April 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  12. WillieLove

The Mormon church teaches:
    Our God is an exalted man of flesh and bone
    He physically lives with His many wives near the star Kolob
    Worthy Mormon men can also become Gods, like Him
    Our God is one of many Gods and serves a God of His own!
    God came down to earth in the flesh and was the physical father of Jesus
    You should not trust the Bible in this matter. It is wrong.
    Trust their prophets.
    Read what the Mormon leaders say about our Savior and the Virgin Mary.

April 12, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  13. dinnerbreaker

everyone ignore my old friend lunchbreaker. He's an angry and bitter old man, he's like that bc he's jealous of my superior time of meal. Everyone knows that dinner gets all the love whereas lunch is just a quick grab n go. He feels used and not loved.

April 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • I wonder

I wonder who'll pop in as @supperbreaker? Prob. HeavenSent... and she'll say, "I wished I could have stake for supper"!

April 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Wonder, don't quit your day job ... that's if, you have one.

April 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
    • just sayin

HeavenSent dare you working finally or are you still blaming the Devil for your problems of past? God Bless

April 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

@ I wonder. The only two posters I've disagreed with today were James and just sayin. I would put my money on James, he seems angrier. I might not agree with just sayin on most things, but he doesn't seem like the name stealing type.

April 12, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
    • HeavenSent

just sayin, I know Tommie Toms snotty remarks when I see them. As you know and care less, I'm retired.

April 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
    • just sayin

Another three pointer as the atheist just sayin is forced to post God bless or be identified as the fraud it is. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Well, HS, you must have bequeathed your empty skull to your former place of employment, then. I was still working at 3:03, not sitting on my rump pontificating like you are.

April 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm |
    • just sayin

Denial the first danger sign. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then why don't you heed it, dumbfuck?

April 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
    • Leo

Tom you are either one ugly stank or a guy with a unit the size of my pinky. What a total waste of life running around telling everyone how smart you are. I pity you, really, I think you must be miserable to the core.

April 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Apparently, Leo, you have a major case of penis envy...especially since I am female and don't need a penis to be complete. I am sorry you are so under-endowed.

April 12, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
    • Leo

Tom, no problem so you were the first option... you really should go back and look at all of your posts and take a close look at the language and abuse you throw at everyone, you are a sick example of a human being.

Look in the mirror and cry yourself to sleep tonight, for you are a great example of what turning away from the Almighty God does to a person. Your Master has you deluded..

April 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm |
  14. ???

What ever happened to hippypoet? That guy just disappeared, kinda miss the ole chap.

April 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • Dodney Rangerfield

Word is he went to pot.

April 12, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
    • ???

He went to pot? I'm not sure what you mean.

April 12, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
    • Johnny Blammo

Double entendre: "going to pot" means "to be damaged or spoilt because of a lack of care or effort ."

But "pot" is also spliff/blunt/ganja/Mary Jane/weed/pakalolo/hippie lettuce/reefer/skunk, so going to pot also means getting twisted.

April 12, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
  15. J.W

So when are we gonna have a big Belief Blog party?

April 12, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • William Demuth

I would love to get you guys together, but alas Aushwitz was closed a few years back.

April 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • William Demuth

And before you guys get your panties in a bunch, that was a joke.

A cruel and heartless one I know, but those have ALWAYS been my favorites.

April 12, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • J.W

I dunno where would be a good location, we should plan it out way in advance so that everyone can plan it out, we could do it on a weekend too

April 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

An appropriate venue might be at an MMA event, in the ring. That's probaly what it would resemble.

April 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • Christopher Hitchens is bakin in the kitchens

.....

April 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • That's How John Wayne Would Do It

I vote we meet in the Salt Flats of Utah, and everyone is armed to the teeth and driving really cool fast cars, sort of like a combination of Road Warrior and Zombieland, and we debate this issue of the existence of God the old fashioned way: Whoever is left standing is right.

April 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Johnny Wayne, you already lost by thinking carnally.

April 12, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  16. Truth

Atheism is the easy and cheap path to take in life. I've seen it firsthand with many ppl I know.

April 12, 2012 at 12:54 pm |

Right no Christmas presents. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • HeavenSent

just sayin, what you wrote proves you atheists have NO breaking mechanism to prevent you from doing anything, mostly evil.

April 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
    • just sayin

Guy says atheists are cheapskates , I say atheists cheap out on Christmas presents ( they claim to not believe in Christ) then you accuse me of being an atheist? Are you off your meds captain whatever? You phony. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  17. William Demuth

I have a question!

What do todays readers feel about candidates answering specific questions about their religion?

Should Romney be expected to either endorse or refute his churches teachings about sensitive subjects?

Does the media have an obligation to pressure him to be forthcoming and spcific about Mormonisim?

April 12, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • Robert Brown

I think candidates should answer specific questions about their religion because what they believe will affect the decisions they make.

He could refuse to answer but when candidates sidestep questions I automatically become su.sp.icious.

They have an obligation to ask, but obligation or not, the media will hound him on anything they perceive will appear sen.sational or scandalous.

April 12, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • J.W

The religion might cause concern with a specific issue, but the question should be asked simply as "what do you feel about..." instead of "Your religion teaches so and so. Do you agree with that?" I do not think a person should have to adhere to every single rule of their church either. We are all individuals, and we should not have to necessarily agree with every little thing that our groups decide.

April 12, 2012 at 10:25 am |
    • William Demuth

J.W

I am less concerned about the items they reject, rather than those they embrace.

Particularly in the area of race, the Mormom belief is way outside modern thinking, and if it is embraced by Romney, many would question his fitness for the office.

My gut simply says you can't have it both ways. You can accept or reject, but refusing to answer seems unacceptable to me.

April 12, 2012 at 10:48 am |
    • 0G-No gods, ghosts, goblins or ghouls

They should answer pretty much every question put to them! The only things I can think of that should be off limits is what they do "in the privacy of their own bedroom" provided that that is legal, and questions about their family members (with the exception of perhaps the potential First Lady as this role seems to be gaining prominence and there's at least one case of a dingbat First Lady consulting astrologers!).

These guys claim that their faith is a huge part of who they are. I don't understand how they can put this part of their life "on the shelf" when dealing with government matters and then fall on their knees to pray to some imaginary being.

April 12, 2012 at 11:20 am |
    • lunchbreaker

As a non-believer who has had to choose between Christians in every election, I have to trust that who I vote for will uphold the law above thier personal beliefs. The fact is it is very difficult for a non-Christian to get anywhere in polotics, therefore if you are not a Christian you would be better off lying and say you are. Throw a little game theory in there and there is no reason to trust what any candidate says about religion.

April 12, 2012 at 11:23 am |
    • MickyC

Personally to me, I wouldn't care about a politician's religion when they are in office. Heard the same thing when JFK was POTUS that the puppet strings of the US would be pulled from Rome. If the people deem a candidate fit for office, then s/he could be Protestant, Catholic, Jew, Muslim, other or atheist or agnostic.

The rest is just irrational fear tactics. And someone used the Slippery Slope Fallacy against me, so think about it, if this turns out to be if A happens, then B, C, and such to Z is going to happen too.

April 12, 2012 at 11:36 am |
    • William Demuth

lunchbreaker

So true!

Some believe I am a Jew, some evangelical Christian.

The truth is I can wear either as a mask on demand, so I am SURE many politicians do as well.

I have a Christian buddy who "accepts my beliefs” but get insanely angry when I do my “fire and brimstone” routine.

I then insist he is the atheist and I the born again.

After a few questions, most observers believe me the evangelical, rather than him!

It is truly an act for many

April 12, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • J.W

Is there any religion that would make a candidate totally unelectable if he claimed to adhere to said religion?

April 12, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • James

@William Demuth

Dude you have serious issues and should probably see a psychologist. I'm saying this because I really do think you need help. Your thought process is not that of a rational sane person (I'm speaking from seeing many of your posts, not just the one above). Please just go seek help, I hope it gets better.

April 12, 2012 at 11:57 am |

April 12, 2012 at 12:06 pm |

@ JW
      Christianity. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
    • William Demuth

James

As a conformist you may aspire to being "normal". Luckily, I do not, and it has served me QUITE well.

Continue to aspire to be "normal", and accept my thanks, because you "normal folks" are a usefull commodity for people such as myself!

April 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
    • just sayin

Fraud posted Christianity. It is very amusing that an atheist is forced to post God bless to its bogus post, in a vain attempt to discredit me. What a maroon ! I am just sayin and I endorse this message. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • James

@william

So you use people because you can and you are proud of it. Those are signs of an evil, and possibly sociopathic person. May God have mercy on your soul. BTW 99% of sociopaths are atheist.

April 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

just sayin, how do you know it wasn't a Morman or a Muslim?

April 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • just sayin

"Morman" (Mormon) and Muslim got more brains than an atheist, not many but more. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • William Demuth

James

Sociopath? Thats a hat I can wear if it soothes you.

All thiests want to brand non-believers as mad men when they are confronted about absurd beliefs they hold, but simple observation tells us its the answers thiests embrace that are rejected by logic.

You believe in zombie saviors, reanimated corpses, cannibalisim rituals, and a prefered status with an imaginary sky fairy, and you question MY sanity?

April 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • James

@william

Two can play the let's take cheap shots game you bafoon.

So you believe that something came from nothing? That we are the result of a .00000000000000001^10 probability? There's a better chance of you shattering your watch and watching it magically put itself back together. And you question MY sanity?

April 12, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • Nothing

William Demuth,

From one atheist to another, and I mean this with the sincerest form of flattery, go f_uck yourself. You're a bigoted shlthead who's parents clearly raised them to be a piece of shlt. Funny thing is, you're depressed and that's almost a guaranteed fact. Feel free to refute it all you want, but I know many people like you, and they're ALL depressed bc theyre such pieces of trash that nobody likes them and then they become more angry/mean, etc and its quite the cycle. So seriously, go eat shlt.

April 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

James, just sayin, keep up the good work. Insulting atiests is the absolute best way to save someones soul. God bless. There's your sign.

April 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • lunchbreaker

"BTW 99% of sociopaths are atheist." Do you have a source for that James?

April 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • just sayin

Hey captain,you card carrying phony, your crap didn't work the other day and it won't work now. Take a hike. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • just sayin

Just Sayin is many, not one. I am not uniuque or special. I endorse this message. God Bless!

April 12, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Not MY crap, Just the will of the Lord. It is sad that you are such a hypochrite. You obviously don't care about saving anyones soul. And you will be judged for ALL your actions.

April 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • fred

Some questions cannot be answered if someone wants to get into office. A good example is the Bible says God over Christ, Christ over man and man over woman. A woman is to be submssive to her man. Good luck explaining that to a media bent on destruction. Truth is that God put order in place because God is orderly. Woman out of respect and love honors her man while man is to love his wife as Christ (man respects, loves, lifts up etc. willing to die for her). In that perfect order there is unity and peace. Media headline "Romney says men are superior to women" "women must obey"

April 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • just sayin

Change a six dollar bill captain whatever, two threes will be fine. Take a hike phony. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • just sayin

Phony just sayin shoots the ball is up, honest just sayin leaps... incredible hang time...perfect catch, back down court and slam dunk catches the fraud atheist forced to post God bless one more time. Nothing but net ! Another three pointer ! God bless

April 12, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
    • William Demuth

I just love it when the Jeebus boys get so worked up they soil themselves!

Bafoon? I loved that one.

As for probability, I would laugh at you, but you couldn't hear me!

The watch fascination, one of the old Anti Athiest stories fed like pablum to little boys who fear the dark!

Be in denial of your own mortality all you like, yet rest assured, all you have, everything you have ever known, and all things that you love shall spiral down into nothingness with the passage of time.

The final victory comes not to fantasy, but reality.

April 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Phony is the person who claims to be a Christian and does not act like one.

April 12, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
    • William Demuth

Nothing

I sense doubt. Perhaps you should turn to a preacher and have the empty hole your obsessed with filled?

I hear they are quite good at it!

April 12, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
    • just sayin

If the shoe fits captain whatever wear it, you phony. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Well, this expirement was a success. It's good to know just sayin represents how a Christian should act.

April 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
    • just sayin

Got your number right here. No experiment, no credibility, no truth, no class captain whatever you have been pegged as a fraud from day one now you want to squirm out like the snake you are. Crawl away you no account no count. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
    • captain sayin is not healthy for Christianity and other thiests

Take a lesson just sayin. I came right at you from the beginning with a name that is obviously an attempt at an insult. And you completely disregarded the message I was trying to give you. FACT: your behaviour draws no one closer to Christ. You can call me a phony, but you can not dispute Christ's commandments:

1 Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

April 12, 2012 at 4:06 pm |

Jude 23. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
  18. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

April 12, 2012 at 6:56 am |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not change anyting; you are so full of crap and lies. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs! ~,~

April 12, 2012 at 8:16 am |

Yes it do. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 8:58 am |
    • Jesus

"Yes it do"

More lies and desperation, continuing to prove my posts are correct.

April 12, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

Get a grip Jesus, God hears everyone's prayers, it's people's perceptions that gets in the way.

April 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • just sayin

heaveSent, Please advise as to how you know Jesus hears things? Did Jesus tell you this or do you base it on writings of men wh say it so? God Bless

April 12, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I keep forgetting just sayin, you atheists created everything, including language, other MEN/WOMEN who write what you read or work in what you believe, how you think, how you insist on changing the laws, what you believe or don't believe in ... etc. etc. etc. Should I go on with the nonsense that corrupts your gray matter?

April 12, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Jesus teaches what is true and just ... even though you are too immature carnally to comprehend Him.

I pray some day, you tune in.

Amen.

April 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
    • just sayin

And another three pointer as the phony just sayin goes for the God bless again and again. Better than fishin for carp! God bless

April 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • YeahRight

"Jesus teaches what is true and just ... even though you are too immature carnally to comprehend Him"

LOL! The bible isn't even a historical book, the book of John is a fake. The only immature person is you to believe in such myths.

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think his system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have some doubts as to his divinity "
      - Benjamin Franklin

April 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm |

Jude 23. you self righteous phony. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
  19. Middle River Moron

By the way:

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things
    just saying
    HeavenSent

They are all the same person. Just FYI.

For your info.

*fart*

April 12, 2012 at 5:48 am |
    • just sayin

You got your handle right and they are not the same person. God bless

April 12, 2012 at 6:57 am |