home
RSS
Unlikely spiritual pilgrim walks 70 miles from frat house to shrine
Though he's not Catholic, Andrew Domini walked for two days to reach a Catholic shrine in Indiana.
April 14th, 2012

Unlikely spiritual pilgrim walks 70 miles from frat house to shrine

By Jen Christensen, CNN

Andrew Domini’s feet were blistered and bloodied. He could barely walk by the time he finally made it to a pink marble church and crawled the last 90 feet to a quiet shrine tucked into the corner.

As he paused a couple of weeks ago in front of the wooden coffin that held the remains of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and prayed, the 19-year-old said he finally felt at peace.

Domini had walked nearly 70 miles, becoming an unlikely spiritual pilgrim. But the religious shrine wasn’t in Rome, Jerusalem or some other officially holy city. It was in St. Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana.

And Domini’s spiritual quest had begun in the most modern of ways: flipping channels on the couch.

“I was watching ‘Law and Order’ reruns one Sunday, but there was a commercial,” Domini said. “So I grabbed the remote and landed on CNN, and there was this sister talking about this saint and what she meant to her.”

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

“There was this regular kind of guy with eye problems who prayed to Mother Guerin and was cured - that made me stop,” Domini said. “By the end of the program I knew exactly what I needed to do.”

An aging friend of Domini’s who lives nearby in Crawfordsville, Indiana, had been diagnosed with stage IV cancer six months earlier.

“He wasn’t doing well, and he’s the kind of guy who gives so much and doesn’t expect anything in return,” Domini said. “I wanted to do something for him.”

Without telling his friend, Domini - who isn’t Catholic and said he has tried out different churches but considers himself more spiritual than religious - said he decided to take a long walk in search of spiritual assistance.

The TV program that had caught Domini’s attention was "CNN Presents," which aired the story of Mother Theodore Guerin, who arrived from France with a small group of religious sisters in what was then hostile anti-Catholic territory in Indiana in 1840.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

Bringing almost nothing with them, the sisters quickly built a community that would improve the lives of hundreds of Hoosiers. Guerin built eight schools, three orphanages and founded the Sisters of Providence at St. Mary-of-the-Woods.

Today, the congregation includes more than 350 women who educate and care for thousands all over the world.

After nearly 100 years of trying, the sisters finally got the Vatican to recognize Guerin as a saint - the Roman Catholic Church’s highest honor - in 2006.

“I wasn’t even raised Catholic,” Domini said. “But after seeing the show and after hearing about her journey here and what she did, I knew I had to go.”

Domini, who is taking a break from his second year at Wabash College in Crawfordsville, could have driven but said he “wanted to walk.”

“I wanted it to be a sacrifice,” he said.

So walk he did. After mapping out his journey online, he threw a candy bar, a lighter (he couldn't find a flashlight), change of shirt and socks and some money into his backpack.

He left his Wabash College fraternity house around 5 a.m., walking without headphones or company and trying to think only of his friend.

“I wasn’t lonely at all. I was actually fascinated by how things kept working out,” Domini said. “I trusted in providence like Mother Guerin talked about.”

The first day he made it some 30 miles, walking along highways and country roads.

The trek was mostly quiet and uneventful, though a state trooper stopped Domini about 15 miles outside of town. Domini gave the officer his name and explained his pilgrimage, and the trooper sent him on his way, with encouragement.

“The only real hazard was the trucks,” Domini said. “They would come so close I would have to jump off into the grass, and they were so loud sometimes it was hard to think.”

It was also hard to find lodging that first night. “I asked for sanctuary at a couple of churches, but they told me they couldn’t do that,” Domini said.

Eventually he found a couch at a student union building in Greencastle. After security asked him to leave, he tried a park bench and then a couch inside an abandoned bank building.

The next day, he walked 12 more miles. By that time his feet were blistered and bleeding.

But a couple saw him on the side of the road and asked if he needed a ride. They happened to be heading in his direction and dropped him just outside Terre Haute. He went about 10 miles in the car before walking the last couple of miles to St. Mary-of-the-Woods.

“As I stepped on the grounds, it all felt so peaceful,” he said.

After praying at the shrine for his friend, he visited the Sisters of Providence’s welcome center, watching a video about the Saint Mother Theodore’s life.

The small museum is filled with earthly reminders of Guerin’s humanity: her tiny shoes, a sewing basket, her wooden writing desk.

Domini was particularly taken with a quote of Guerin’s: “What have we to do in order to become saints? Nothing more than we do every day. Only do it for the love of God.”

At the museum, Sister Jan Craven, who now runs the shrine, approached Domini.

“I swooped him under my wing to find out what brought him here,” Craven said.

Since CNN’s program on Mother Guerin ran last month, Craven said her workload has tripled as she’s received hundreds of calls, e-mails and letters. One couple from New England made a detour on their drive home from Florida.

“Another lady from Vegas called and asked me to send her everything I’ve got on Mother Theodore,” Craven said.

Craven said that many of Guerin’s new fans ask for help for sick friends, for lost jobs, for peace. Like Domini, many aren’t Catholic.

“I tell them I don’t think God is Catholic, and they look at me like I’m nuts,” Craven said. “God is much bigger than any one religion.”

When Craven asked Domini if he had anything to eat, he told her he’d been fasting. She took him to the dining hall to eat with the sisters and offered him a room in the men’s wing of the facility.

“I warned him he was going to be doted on by a lot of grandma-types,” Craven said.

Domini spent two days with the sisters, who told him about what Saint Guerin had meant to them and about their service.

“We’ve been told by a lot of people that when they come onto the grounds, they feel a real sense of peace that we are this oasis in this modern jungle,” Craven said. “We feel this, but because we live here sometimes we need a reminder. Andrew did just that.”

At the end of his stay, the sisters gave Domini some books, prayer cards and notes and asked him to come back soon.

Domini hadn’t been able to tell his friend, Fred Lewis, about his walk until Thursday. Lewis, in his 60s, had been too ill to receive visitors but was well enough Thursday to drive to see Domini after reading about his pilgrimage in a local newspaper.

Lewis still looked unwell, Domini said, but he thinks the trek was nonetheless worthwhile.

“I’ve been inspired,” Domini said. “I trusted in Providence to get me through this just like (Mother Guerin) did with her journey.

“We are here to make the world a better place,” he said, “just like the sisters do every day.”

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Catholic Church • Journeys

1. Molly Ellsworth

I arrived at St Mary of the Woods a very happy agnostic and four years later I left after earning my undergraduate degree and more importantly being baptized and receiving first communion in the holy place where St Mother Theodore Guerin rests today.

In one week I'll celebrate 21 years of being Catholic and in one month I'll be celebrating my 20th college reunion in that same holy place.

"lean with all your weight on Providence and you shall be well supported.". St Mother Theodore Guerin

Providence Never Fails!

April 14, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

I am sorry. And you were doing so good for a while.

April 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
    • JT

I'm sorry. I would say that I would pray for you but I'll just instead have hope for your recovery. I hope you have not indoctrinated children into the cult.

April 14, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
    • Susan SFO

Great quote Molly, thank you or sharing!

April 14, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
  2. Angry Gnome

So... Sounds like after this, his friend is still sick. That says something, doesn't it? Isn't it funny how after all sorts of praying if someone dies, it's just part of god's will? If god has a will, what purpose would praying have? If praying actually changed things, god wouldn't have a plan. You praying is part of god's plan you say? How very convenient. Are you sure you're praying the right things? What fools you religious people are.

April 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
  3. R. Harris

Kinda sad, he walked 70 miles for bogus fairy tales and even sadder when he got here they did not tell him the truth, that all religious crap is fake!

April 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  4. :(

Did Sister Guerin enslave and torture the Indians like Father Junipero Serra did? 😦

April 14, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
    • DJR

Why don't you walk to the convent where she's buried and ask her?

April 14, 2012 at 9:47 pm |
    • :(

I cant walk that far, Jesus the All-Loving Miracle Child gave me painful heel spurs. 😦

April 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
  5. Jinx55

To The Central Scrutinizer
    Thank you for making my day! I love ur sense of humor and your very valid points!!!! Kudos to u!!!

April 14, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Thx Jinx, just havin' fun.

April 14, 2012 at 9:43 pm |
  6. 4th wright

Great story.

April 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
    • CNN

Thank you.

April 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm |
  7. Dood

Great story, what an inspiration and what love he has for his old, dying friend.

Dear Lord, if you find it in your will to cure the sick friend (and all those with disease) please do so. And un-harden the hearts of the those posting in here who bring nothing good nor of value to this forum. Amen.

April 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm |
    • RebHart

Amen!!

April 14, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Dear Lord, if you find it in your will to quick making people sick please do so. And deliver upon the posters on this forum some fuking comon sense.

April 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
  8. The Central Scrutinizer

@Arran Webb
    Atheism in not an attempt to find anything. Please explain how the "logic" is flawed. Everyone knows about the priest but thanks for pointing out the obvious genius.

April 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
  9. RebHart

There are a million haters in the world who can turn anything into a negative! (This CNN story is a great example.) So, let's try this: While the haters are busy typing "nasties" let's all of us positive people go out and move the world somewhere else. Then when the haters finally get off their computers to get something to eat or whatever, all they will find is a world full of haters and they can all just have at one another!!

April 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm |
    • Lol

Lol best idea ever lol!
      You rock lol!

April 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm |
    • RebHart

Thank you, Lol! Let's get out of here and go do some actual good in the world!

April 14, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • KG

Reminds me of Atlas Shrugged only with a kinder spirit. Let those who love mankind more than themselves band together and leave those who hate the world and hate themselves to fend for themselves. This was a great story.

April 14, 2012 at 9:31 pm |
    • tony

Whole organizations set up specifically to get other peoples children to switch from their natural born atheism. Now that's as negative as you can get. Groomer or Pastor. Whats' the difference?

April 14, 2012 at 9:43 pm |
  10. I'm not good at math

Or maybe not at reading either,
    But it seems like he only walked 44 miles?

April 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
    • Arran Webb

The Lord is speaking through you.

April 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
    • Larry Burns

A journey begins with one physical step ... a journey of the soul begins with love. Domini felt love and his soul responded in kind.

April 14, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

The lord is peeing through you. Prostrate issues.

April 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm |
  11. Mr Christian

I don't understand!
    My belief in a ridiculous story that's abundantly well-documented to be a total fraud, and that says an idiotic hate-filled baby-slaughtering maniac jew god is awesome and good, and that if you don't bow down to him like the unworthy rat you are, he will torture you for eternity, is an awesome gift!
    Why do people get offended when I in effect tell them they are foolish, immoral scum and on the wrong path in life if they don't believe it too, and I'm the ten thousandth person to tell them this great news?
    It's exactly like me not telling them if an actual bridge was out! It's the exact same thing!!!

April 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
    • Arran Webb

Remember it's not the messenger but the message. Your message is clear and the divine providence that inspired the message in you shall now leave you in peace. Amen.

April 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
  12. J

Ok, this kid is a nut.

April 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
    • aa

lost, given to beliefs as so much of the world in bizarre ideas

April 14, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
  13. CSX

Come to jesus and he will give you rest.

April 14, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Can I just lay down on the couch?

April 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm |
    • Mark

Thanks but the couch works fine

April 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
  14. Michelle

This is a beautiful article. I love it. Thank you for posting it.

April 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm |
    • CNN

You are welcome.

April 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
  15. krussell

Okay, here is a chance for you religios people to save a lost soul:
    Can you help me reconcile how the Bible as so many bad things in it?

Selling your daughters into slavery is acceptable, for example.
    So is stoning children to death if they are disrespectful.

How does a simpleton like me know what parts of the lord'sd word are okay to ignore, and what parts should we live by?

April 14, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

to krussell,,,,,,,,,,,, ,.

Where have you been all your Life!!!! ? Has not many nations and countries and Sayes flexed away from such demeaning issues!!! ? Slaves we all now are!!!! Either one slaves away their Life to work for the slave masteries of this world's conditioning way! Your post is but a moot point and you should file such issues under file 13 better known as the trash can!

April 14, 2012 at 8:05 pm |
    • Marlin

Brother, you should talk to a priest. He would be able to aid you far better than anyone commenting on a news website!

April 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
    • Arran Webb

Now come simpleton don't patronize yourself with false humility. Life was not mean't to be easy and the bible shows you that.

April 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
    • catholic7x70

Good question. A lot of the writings in the Bible,especially in the old testament should be looked upon after understanding that God is the reason for living. Upon this belief which is faith, you'll begin to understand some of the lessons that those stories tell. The stories are not intended to legitimize slavery, killing children, legitimize murder, but accentuate the point of the story by its characters and its events. Without refering to a specific passage, in general, you want to understand the Bible in the context of what was going on at the time. Take for example the story of Abraham and Issac. God tells Abraham to sacrifice his first born. Abraham relunctantly abides and goes through the motions. Because of his faith, God prevents the sacrifice and provides the customary lamb in some nearby thicket. The story doesn't look to legitimize child sacrifice in the name of God. If you get that or start to feel that, know that its disbelief and cynicism that the Devil wants us to think and feel. The story is a story of obedience and utter faith in God. With that faith, Abraham continues to be rewarded.

There are other parts where simply it may appear that God is cruel. But understand the context of God's relationship with man – gives him (intended to reflect both male and female) everthing and over time, story after story, the people turn away from him and disobey him. The rules are pretty simple and selfless and the 10 commandments is a simple way to start. But the easiest way to start is to follow the 1st commandment and truly get to know God. Knowledge of God doesn't come to a standstill or plateaus, but continues as much as you wish it to continue if you open yourself up to His graces. There are several texts on slavery to your point, and I as a mixture of different cultures recognize various readings that depict the roles of the slave and their regard towards their master. Takeaway there is to first not look at the surface of the words. God is not condoning oppression. What it is saying is that in our work, be thanful for it and in your work, share your thoughts and your work efforts as sacrifice for God. God sees all that we do and if we pursue work with a vigor and energy that pleases our "master" or I would equate this to boss, then how much more obedient will we be to truly work on behalf of our heavenly Father. Now, in case you are thinking that there is an analogy between God and a slave master – that is not the case. A slave master doesn't create man to have dominion over a beautiful paradise that He created. He also does not sacrifice his only Son for our sins so that we can share in the eternal life of God's presence. The peace and completeness that you feel and that this young man felt in his pilgrimage is beyond any 7,8,9, or 10 figure salary. In short, the Bible is not a reader's manual to getting to know God, however, it is an indispensable book that has invaluable amounts of wisdom on how to (a) gett to know God and (b) get to better understand God. Faith in God will sometimes allow you to say to yourself (as I have over the years) 'i don't understand why this is in the Bible, nor will I try to understand now, but through your grace and Spirit, I hope to understand the reasons why you (God) alllowed/ willled these events to take place.

Hope this helps. Always difficult to convey in writing, but hopefully some of this makes a bit of sense. Keep asking questions, but keep feeding your soul with God's grace in holy tradition and in scripture and you will begin to see his presence unfold in your heart, soul, and life. All the best.

April 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

krussell and all in this post,,,,,

I am really sorry for my abusive ranting! Please forgive my sometijes delusional infielities,,,,,,,,,,,, ,. 😦 😦

April 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
  16. seriousfugu

To hate is easy. To love is difficult. Good for you, young man. Why do haters feel that they need to contribute? Keep to yourselves. You must be very lonely!

April 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
    • Shawn

Agreed.

April 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
  17. Pipe-Dreamer

Whon shall one serve?

Mathew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Do we not live in a world of the mammon? Is not this world devoid of anything of Godly values? Has not the God who did build all things of Life here do it just for the fun of it? Naysayers would have one believe they are the one's with all the right answers when in factuals, they are but dogs digging up bones! For is not the lineages of Life more then just genetics and pure physics? Are we not all built differently and yet of the same mold? Therefore I write, "Serve this world's masteries of slaveries and give thanks to them who you do serve! When the day cloases and night does fall, pray to the Lord of redemption Christ Jesus, the King of all of God's Sons and Daughters everywhere! But remember the next day to put on the armor of the Godly and get thru with that which you are proportioned to do!

April 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

It was really bad in the winter. I lost one toe to frost-bite every winter for ten years. I had to wear my older sister's hand-me-down dresses because my Mother's arthritis was so bad she could not sew any boys clothes. That is why I had to fight the class bully every day. And you know what? I liked it! I loved it! I was lucky to have it. These kids today!

April 14, 2012 at 8:05 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

A bone? I would love a bone. And some shoes. I don't have any toes the shoes don't have to be an exact fit.

April 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
  18. The Central Scrutinizer

He walked 70 miles? Big Deal! When I was a kid, we had to walk 80 miles to school every morning and 80 miles back. Then it was time for chores, like plowing the North 40. We went got up before we went to bed and had to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the street and hunt squirrels for our meals with a sling shot. And you know what? We LIKED it. We LOVED it. We were lucky to have it so good. 70 miles? Blisters? We didn’t even have shoes! Give me a break.

April 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
    • Nick

Cant say I believe you, considering the time it would take to do all this would well exceed 24hours.

Idiot.

April 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
    • Pipe-Dreamer

The Central Scrutinizer,,,,,,,,,,,, ,.

So many miles you say you walked? What gives? Just exactly where did you live back in your school days and exactly how far from civilization was your home located? Seems to me someone has been hiiting the bottle for such a yarn to be told!

April 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
    • James

You are a big liar. Nobody can walk 80 miles and back which is a total of 160 miles in one day. Please keep your crap to yourself and shut up.

April 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

It was really bad in the winter. I lost one toe to frost-bite every winter for ten years. I had to wear my older sister's hand-me-down dresses because my Mother's arthritis was so bad she could not sew any boys clothes. That is why I had to fight the class bully every day. Sometimes when there were no squirrels, we had to eat rocks for dinner. That was very difficult with no teeth (from the fights with the bullies). And you know what? I liked it! I loved it! I was lucky to have it. These kids today!

April 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

The worst part was every night after walking 160 miles, plowing forty acres, chopping the fire wood and eating rocks that made my gums bleed. My parents would come out to the box my sister and I slept in in the middle of the road and jump up and down on top of us screaming "Die!" "Die" "Die" with a necklace make out of my dead toes swinging from my mothers's neck. And you know what. We liked it. We loved it. We were lucky to have it so good. These spoiled kids today!

April 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm |

@Nick
      Naturally it took more than 24 hours. That is why we had to get up before we went to bed!

@Pipe-Dreamer
      Kansas of course. And only the best moon-shine.

@James
      Don't be jealous!

April 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
    • Arran Webb

You are nice person but comedy is not your forte.

April 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm |

@Arran
      Everyone's a critic. I haven't even got to the part about the 30 feet of snow and how we had to walk up-hill both ways carrying stone tablets because we couldn't afford paper.

April 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm |
    • aa

i agree 70 miles is not much, there are races completed at 100 miles in under 24 hours. the guy just needed some exercise

April 14, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
    • R. Harris

@ Your epic! Those post were funny, had my LMAO! I'd pay to hear your stand-up if you had one. Good read man thanks for the laughs!

April 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  19. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

April 14, 2012 at 7:39 pm |

It's Groundhog Day!

April 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm |
    • nope

nope,

April 14, 2012 at 7:48 pm |
    • Cardiac50

It certainly does change things. it allows you the smug belief that you've done something positive.. instead of spending actual energy helping another.. so much less sweat that way..

April 14, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
    • tony

So many lies, so little kind

April 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
  20. † In God We Trust †

Reasons why Atheism is TERRIBLE and unhealthy for our children and living things...

† Atheism is a religion that makes you stupid, ignorant & blind.
    † Atheism is a disease that needs to be treated.
    † Atheism makes you post stupid things (90% of silly comments here are posted by closet Atheists)
    † Atheist are satanic and have gothic lifestyle.
    † Atheists causes problem in our religious society.
    † Atheists are mentally ill, that's why they have no faith.
    † Atheism won't take you to kingdom of heaven and paradise.
    † Atheism making you agree with Stalin, Hitler (Denied his faith later), Mao, Pol Pot & other terrible mass murder leaders.
    † No traditional family lifestyle, no holidays, no culture, boring and feeling 'outsider'
    † Atheists are angry, drug additcted and committ the most crime.
    † Atheist try to convert people over internet because they feel "safer" behind closet.
    † Atheists do not really exist, they just pretend that they don't believe in God and argue with religious people.
    † Atheists have had terrible life experience, bad childhood and not being loved.
    † Most Atheists are uneducated... No Atheists could run for presidency.
    † Atheism brought upon the French Revolution, one of the most evil events of all of history.
    † Atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.
    † All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
    † The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)
    † Countries where Atheism is prevalent has the highest Suicide rate & Communist countries = Atheism!
    **Only 2-3% of the U.S. are Atheists/Agnostics VS. over 90% who believe in God (80% Christians) in the U.S.**

†† Our Prayers goes to Atheists to be mentally healthy and seek their creator ††

April 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
    • GOD

Countries where Atheism is prevalent has .. Get your subject to agree with your predicate.

April 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • Mike

lol if troll, LOL if serious

April 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm |

@ † In God We Trust †

† Atheism is a religion that makes you stupid, ignorant & blind.

Atheism is not a religion.

† Atheism is a disease that needs to be treated.

Atheism is not a disease. However mental illness is. You should have that looked at.

Stupid people post stupid things. Define silly.

† Atheists are satanic and have gothic lifestyle.

Atheists don’t believe in Satan and have a large variety of life styles.

† Atheists causes problem in our religious society.

Good.

† Atheists are mentally ill, that's why they have no faith.

Incorrect. Many people are mentally ill, and it stands to reason that some are atheists. But the group that includes mentally ill people also includes every other type of person too.

† Atheism won't take you to kingdom of heaven and paradise.

Neither will theism.

No it doesn’t’.

Atheists enjoy the same lifestyle as everyone else. Everyone is an individual.

† Atheists are angry, drug additcted and committ the most crime.

So silly there is not point in responding. But do try to make up some facts.

Atheists don’t try to convert people. Atheists argue facts. If a theist converts, good for them.

You have just contradicted your entire post.

Even if that ridiculous statement were true for all atheists, what is your point?

† Most Atheists are uneducated... No Atheists could run for presidency.

Facts? You are correct on the latter; our country is too short sighted to elect an intelligent leader.

The Revolution was not due to a single event but to a series of events, that together irreversibly changed the organization of political power, the nature of society, and the exercise of individual freedoms

† Atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.

Belief in God cannot explain the origins of the universe and theists have in large part quit trying.

Evolution is a fact. The rest appears to be trolling nonsense.

The Bible is rarely right. The contractions and violence is unacceptable.

Do you have the science to support this statement?

†† Our Prayers goes to Atheists to be mentally healthy and seek their creator

No thank you.

April 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
    • Arran Webb

Atheism is an attempt to find meaning in only the naturally and materially occurring world. It is a worthy pursuit but the logic is flawed. It was a Catholic Priest who first proposed the big bang theory.

April 14, 2012 at 8:35 pm |
    • Lol

Not true x2. Keep on throwing out lies, though.

April 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
    • tony

YES!!!!! Most atheists are UNEDUCATED! All BABIES are BORN uneducated and Atheist. Only the practicers of the thousands of different religions change the latter – long before the children grow up to have there own minds. .

April 14, 2012 at 9:48 pm |