home
RSS
April 28th, 2012

My Faith: What does God sound like?

By Karen Spears Zacharias, Special to CNN

I find that odd since God talks to me all the time.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Movies

soundoff (3,288 Responses)
  1. Joshua

It's called a conscience you morons.

April 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
  2. ED

There you go again CNN you riled up all those "know it all" atheists again.

April 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • This is how

Please refrain from calling people atheists.. We are called Realist. From this point forward, please correct yourself.

April 29, 2012 at 10:05 am |
    • Rick

ED: As opposed to the pompous Christians?

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
  3. bencoates57

Karen Spears Zacharias, you are an [INSERT PEJORATIVE TERM HERE]. Get off CNN's main page with this crrapp.

April 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
  4. GOD ALMIGHTY

With a blast of my mighty nostrils I blow you away into space!.....!!!!

April 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • Wholly Mary

Little snot!

April 29, 2012 at 11:12 am |
  5. turn it off

Sunday Morning... There aren't too many religious nuts on the blog now. They will come out after church.

April 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
  6. extinct_republican_party

cnn why dont you offer some true spiritual stories. Like how people have changed and help their fellow man. Spirituality and such values are beyond any one religion
    Why does the US always foster such religious extremism-fundamentalism like this story ? God talking to select people using a mans voice and displaying human emotions ....insane

April 29, 2012 at 10:02 am |
  7. Mel

I have never heard God actualy speak to me in an auditory way, but I have allowed him to lead my life and thus know his presence is always near. To make my will Gods own, is not an easy task as I tend to like to be in control, however wittnessing Gods will in my life and others is an amazing thing to watch. Gods voice to me, is his word and the wittnessing of his presence in others lives, the fruit of their work.

April 29, 2012 at 10:02 am |
    • edwardo

You do realize that you think your surrounded by magical, invisible beings... right? Think Mel... think! Free yourself of this mental dialogue that is nonsense.

April 29, 2012 at 10:04 am |
    • edwardo

You do realize that you think your surrounded by magical, invisible beings... right? Free yourself of this mental dialogue that is nonsense.

April 29, 2012 at 10:04 am |
    • turn it off

Mel,
      If God doesn't talk to you, how does he "lead your life".
      Maybe I shouldn't have asked. I'm a little concerned what your answer might be.

April 29, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  8. RonFromNM

Religion is a mental illness.

April 29, 2012 at 10:01 am |
  9. Herman

Well, God will someday sound like the Pistols or Billy Joel or the Dead Kennedy's , mom, dad, a wrong call as our communications technology finds its way as a head implant. Then we'll see some great hman behavior and I could become god speaking to you so only you can hear. Hmmm...if God could do anything, how do we know he hasn't alreday come up with that technology and impanted it in us before birth? Hmmmmm......:)

April 29, 2012 at 10:00 am |
  10. Mah Buu Beh

God sounds like a joke spoken with fart-music. True fact.

April 29, 2012 at 10:00 am |
  11. ReligionIs4Dolts

What does it sound like when "god" farts?

April 29, 2012 at 10:00 am |
    • jamesT297

Hang out for awhile with Jimmy Carter if you want to know the answer.

April 29, 2012 at 10:04 am |
  12. turn it off

This woman is bonkers.

April 29, 2012 at 9:59 am |
  13. GIUK

God's voice is all around us. We only need to listen. He speaks through a child asking for food. An old person asking for love. In great works of music, and art. God's voice is in flatulence, that sound a cat makes hacking up a hair-ball. The dull thud of a V-8 engine with a bad connecting rod. The Psst of a bottle of beer being opened. God's voice is love.

April 29, 2012 at 9:59 am |
  14. This is how

I won't let my kids play with christian or muslim kids. They are bad influence.

April 29, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • joel palmer

If this woman is convinced she hears god, she is a schizophrenic and needs help and medication. WHY CNN puts this garbage up is beyond me. This is pure unadulterated swill from a nut case woman with serious problems

April 29, 2012 at 10:02 am |
  15. Steve

Sorry, but the existence of god isn't likely. No evidence has ever been found. There is no good reason to trust the bible.
    Live for this life instead of a fairy tale written by smelly fishermen centuries ago.

April 29, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • OhMyDog

We Romans are rich. We've got a lot of gods. We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly.
      – Comicus (played by Mel Brooks) from History of the World part 1

April 29, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  16. Not important

My God sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the only thing he ever says to me is "Get to the chopper!"

April 29, 2012 at 9:57 am |
    • Billy Bob

God sounds exactly like Marcel Marceau, only slightly quieter.

April 29, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  17. ReligionIs4Dolts

Why does "god" have to use a voice that is already familiar to you? That seriously cheapens the whole story that Mr. Omnipotent couldn't come up with an original voice.

April 29, 2012 at 9:56 am |
    • This is how

I think god barks to all of us. Every night I hear god outside, making it difficult to fall asleep.

April 29, 2012 at 10:00 am |
  18. jamesT297

You are all wrong. God sounds like Charlton Heston. Or, maybe Charlton Heston is god? Whatever!

April 29, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  19. Steve

First thing that came to mind when reading this was a You Tube video. It's called "Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp "Highlights" ) and it's pretty much child abuse in a nutshell. This woman needs serious help if she believes she communicates with any type of god. And must also realize that there were thousands of religions before hers and I'm certain that those people also believed that they could communicate with their gods as well.

April 29, 2012 at 9:54 am |
  20. harinder

Oh, she forgot to mention that he speaks spamish, chineese, hindi, swahili etc. – you hear what you want to hear

April 29, 2012 at 9:54 am |