home
RSS
April 28th, 2012

My Faith: What does God sound like?

By Karen Spears Zacharias, Special to CNN

I find that odd since God talks to me all the time.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Movies

soundoff (3,288 Responses)
  1. Jon

Otherwise normal people admitting they hear voices....hmmm.

April 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  2. Karen

If god had the voice of Morgan Freeman that would be a god I could get behind, but alas, nothing but silence my entire life.

April 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  3. qqqqqjim

This woman has some serious mental issues. She truly needs professional help.

April 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  4. Innapropriate

God sounds and acts like Helen Keller .. blind to human suffering and deaf to pleas for help.

April 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
    • God eats little children

Don't bother the big guy with some trivial human plight – they think he talks to them!

April 29, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  5. tony

Republican Conservatives in Congress of course. Make more babies, take away their health care and let only the Rich govern them.

April 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  6. What are you doing CNN

Um, if this woman literally 'hears the voice of God' she needs to be examined for schitzophrenia. Cute article and all but this is a serious medical condition that she's claiming to have symptoms of.

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • God eats little children

What you gonna do? Lock up all the religious people? I'm all for it!

April 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
    • Ancient Curse

Exactly! The article begins with the mention of an author who says she's never heard the voice of God, only hearing it through the written word. And then the author follows with "I hear the voice of God all the time."

Hey! That's not supposed to happen! You've got a serious problem here! If you start taking a pill, and stop hearing the "voice of God," then you'll know for sure. Otherwise, be careful that the voice you hear starts telling you to do harm to your children. It's happened.

April 29, 2012 at 10:39 am |
  7. God eats little children

I wonder if the Aztec's listened to their god before they ate their prisoners? Don't the Catholics still eat the blood and flesh of Jesus?

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • God eats little children

The Aztec needed the protein, but the Catholics are fat!

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
  8. TAK

People that hear voices should get locked away.

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  9. sqeptiq

Talk about trivializing the momentous, this article is the paradigm.

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • jamesT297

This article is a pair of something. Not sure it's digms though.

April 29, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  10. tony

According to the Bible, Genesis 1.14, you'll get signs from lights in the Heavens instead. So really, Astrophysics guys like Hawking, should be our guide.

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  11. jamesT297

Put your hand on the keyboard next to mine – Feeeeeeeel the vibration.

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  12. runner305

Want to know what God sounds like? Just listen to the voices inside your head. They'll supply the necessary imagination.

April 29, 2012 at 10:32 am |
  13. God eats little children

What I find amusing is that all these relgious articles pretty much only attract atheists. Basically, all these articles on "Belief Blog" are written to stimulate atheists in the morning before they had their coffee in the morning.

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
    • NoTheism

Wrong–I have my coffee while reading these articles.

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • Voice of Reason

And then we can move our bowels to remove the waste we just ingested.

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • jamesT297

Isn't this FoxNews?

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
    • tony

That's because the other guys are in church, while we are here creating jobs for CNN advertizers.

April 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
    • sqeptiq

"in the morning before they had their coffee in the morning."
      Redundant much? Try proofreading before hitting "post."

April 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  14. tony

In the US, your testicles with a voice.

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
  15. Atheist reality

CNN, thank you for serving up another meal of fish in a barrel.

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
  16. arthur

there was a time when if you claimed you heard the voice of god then you would be burned at the stake/put to death......

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
    • AGuest9

Ah, the good ol' days.

April 29, 2012 at 10:37 am |
    • AGuest9

Ironically, it was the church that did that. Joan d'Arc as an example.

April 29, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  17. inmyjudgement

1Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; [but] the LORD [was] not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; [but] the LORD [was] not in the earthquake:

1Kings 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; [but] the LORD [was] not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

1Kings 19:13 And it was [so], when Elijah heard [it], that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, [there came] a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

April 29, 2012 at 10:31 am |
    • runner305

God could be Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, or nonexistent. Will the real God please stand up?

April 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • inmyjudgement

1Kings 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD [be] God, follow him: but if Baal, [then] follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

April 29, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  18. This is how

No doubt,, if the christian god gave them intelligence, the christians sure insult their god by not using it.

April 29, 2012 at 10:30 am |
  19. What does God sound like?

Since there is NO god....he sounds like NOTHING!
    All these pathetic people needing a crutch to make it through the day.
    THEY MAKE ME SICK!
    PATHETIC LOSERS!

April 29, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • sqeptiq

Amen.
      "What is the sound of one hand clapping."

April 29, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
  20. Tony Harris

I have always thought that God sounds like Stevie Wonder

April 29, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • jamesT297

You've got the wrong black, blind guy. God sounds like Ray Charles.

April 29, 2012 at 10:41 am |