home
RSS
April 28th, 2012

My Faith: What does God sound like?

By Karen Spears Zacharias, Special to CNN

I find that odd since God talks to me all the time.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Movies

soundoff (3,288 Responses)
  1. paully

Yoda is from Star Trek? Karen get your head out of your ass. Idioit

April 29, 2012 at 6:27 am |
  2. Colin

There is another article on CNN this morning, about a Texas couple whose 6-month-old daughter will die by age 2 because of a genetic disorder. I wonder what God says to them and whose voice he uses when he explains to them why their beautiful little girl will suffer a slow, drawn out agonizing death.

April 29, 2012 at 6:27 am |
    • Billy

Or what he says to the thousands in Africa who will die of malnutrition. Or what he says to the many millions who lived before he was invented.

April 29, 2012 at 6:41 am |
  3. JiminTX

People who hear voices should be medicated.

April 29, 2012 at 6:26 am |
  4. jack

To think that the creator,if there be one, of our billion gallaxy universe is or ever was interested in what happens on this third rock from our star in our corner of the Milky Way gallaxy is absolute nonsense.

April 29, 2012 at 6:25 am |
    • Colin

It gets sillier. He supposedly creates the whole thing and then sits back and waits 13,720,000,000 years (age of Universe) for h.omom sapiens to evolve on one of 400 billion, billion planets, so he can "love them" and send his son to Earth to talk about sheeps and goats in late Iron Age PPalestine.

Dark Ages nonsense.

April 29, 2012 at 6:34 am |
  5. Antonio666

Spock = Star Trek.

Yoda = Star Wars.

They're different. Ask Sheldon Cooper. Or Anderson Cooper, for that matter.

April 29, 2012 at 6:20 am |
  6. Fred Magyar

"I find that odd since God talks to me all the time."

Hey, I just got a text message from The Great Creator Serpent, in charge of Fertility, Growth and Refreshing Rain. She is an Australian Aborigine God. Here is her text message roughly translated from the original Aborigine language...

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!

April 29, 2012 at 6:18 am |
  7. TheVoiceInMyHead

God's voice sounds really squeaky and keeps telling me.. Hey.. If a baby dies at birth it goes straight to heaven so kill your children now!!!

April 29, 2012 at 6:14 am |
  8. jdun

Hearing voices can be a sign of mental illness- unless its God's voice, then its ok!

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 am |
    • huh

well lets see... people in thte bible said they heard god .... he have IN GOD we trust on money ... so i guess this whole place has some mental illness....... logical deducting lol

April 29, 2012 at 6:11 am |
    • Ting

Now you're catching on...

April 29, 2012 at 6:13 am |
    • Jenny

LOL I thought the same thing. If she was just a person hearing voices on the street she would be considered crazy, but put the word god in the mix and suddenly it's okay. Wow.

April 29, 2012 at 6:16 am |
  9. Those used guys.

Prayer has a powerful placebo effect on the faithful person doing the praying, makes him-her feel swell, but when they start hearing voices it indicates they forgot to take their medication. Prayer changes nothing beyond the cranium of the prayer.

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 am |
  10. larry5

Slow day in the newsroom.

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 am |
  11. EmilioSanchez

A shot of thorazine will clear that right up.

April 29, 2012 at 6:05 am |
    • dogs rule

Actually, Thorazine will make the voice sound like Rosie O'Donnell. I know; I'm on it. heeee heeeee heeee

April 29, 2012 at 6:30 am |
  12. john warren

You are very sick.

April 29, 2012 at 6:03 am |
  13. WWJD

All atheist fear Jesus and the Word of God but pretend they do not.

April 29, 2012 at 6:02 am |
    • Steven Brooks

LOl

Grow up.

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 am |
    • joe Mamma

No such thing as god

April 29, 2012 at 6:08 am |
    • jdun

No, I fear nuts like you who continue to try to shove your beliefs down my throat. I believe in freedom FROM religion.

April 29, 2012 at 6:08 am |
    • Billy

And your comment is based on what?

April 29, 2012 at 6:27 am |
    • Nybrit

The ones who should fear Jesus are today's Christians who have twisted his message.

April 29, 2012 at 6:29 am |
    • galaxy101

Afraid ??? Surely you jest. I pummeled Jesus's 4s$ in the 2nd grade and he and his bloody, broken nose haven't shown their face since. Oh WAIT...... you meant the fictional character, not Mr. Martinez... right ?

April 29, 2012 at 6:30 am |
    • Billy

The truest thing the bible says is ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We are the sun, and the stars. Every god imagined in history has had his time. If you would only take a close look at human history, you would see that the current list of gods are only the latest, not the greatest.

April 29, 2012 at 6:37 am |
    • PaulInSC

Not this atheist.
      I don't fear any "invisible man in the sky" who hasn't produced one credible, empirically based instance of his existence in over 3,000 years
      What is needed is for people to stop living by the rules of myth and mysticism and start living by the realities of the here and now

April 29, 2012 at 6:38 am |
  14. Ken

God speaks anyway he wants too, it is the fools that think he doesn't.

April 29, 2012 at 6:00 am |
    • dogs rule

THANK YOU, KEN. Your friend , G.

April 29, 2012 at 6:27 am |
  15. lorraine

Say whatever you want, but something is out there........

April 29, 2012 at 6:00 am |
    • dogs rule

Yeah, YOU!

April 29, 2012 at 6:21 am |
  16. doctore0

If I heard god/ghosts speak to me, I would seek medical help;

April 29, 2012 at 5:59 am |
  17. Free Man in the Republic of Texas

I hear the audible voice of God???

HOGWASH !!!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching,
    rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
    so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped
    for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17

Preach the Word;
    be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—
    with great patience and careful instruction.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
    Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers
    to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:
    If anyone adds anything to them,
    God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy,
    God will take away from him his share in the tree of life
    and in the holy city,
    which are described in this book. Revelation 22:18-19

April 29, 2012 at 5:59 am |
  18. TruthPrevails :-)

To All The Atheists On This Board: Today is Mirosal's Birthday.

April 29, 2012 at 5:59 am |
  19. Jason

April 29, 2012 at 5:58 am |
  20. Carl

Humans have an ability to imagine the possible reactions of other people. Anyone can and does do this. You do it when you imagine your mother's reaction to your new boyfriend or girlfriend. Your kids do it when they can hear your angry voice in their head telling them to stop doing whatever mischievous thing they are about to do.

If you are nuts, or deluded by religious indoctrination, you might mistake your imagined voices for magical powers.

April 29, 2012 at 5:53 am |
    • Ken

Another stupid comment

April 29, 2012 at 6:01 am |
    • Jason

Ken's right, Carl. God is a close personal friend of mine, and He's telling me you're stupid, too. And a poopyhead. He's also telling me to tell you He's thirsty, and He wants a glass of water, and you better get it for Him, or you'll burn in a lake of everlasting fire. So there.

April 29, 2012 at 6:22 am |