home
RSS
My Take: Dear God: How to pray on National Day of Prayer?
President Barack Obama praying at a White House Easter event in April.
May 3rd, 2012

My Take: Dear God: How to pray on National Day of Prayer?

By Stephen Prothero, Special to CNN

Dear Deity,

In the Milky Way, on planet Earth, in the United States of America, Thursday is our National Day of Prayer, so I am writing to ask You how to pray.

Seventy eight percent or so of U.S. citizens are Christians, so should we pray today to the Christian God? This seems to be the conviction of the folks at the National Day of Prayer Task Force, which pops up first if you Google “National Day of Prayer.” (By the way, do You Google, God? And if so do you ever Google "God"?)

The NDP Task Force refers to itself as “Judeo-Christian,” but it sure looks evangelical to me. It has been chaired since 1991 by Shirley Dobson, the wife of Focus on the Family founder (and evangelical stalwart) James Dobson. Its site quotes liberally from the New Testament, and one of its goals is to “foster unity within the Christian Church.”

A NDP Task Force press release begins: “Americans to Unite and Pray on Thursday, May 3rd, for the 61st Annual Observance of the National Day of Prayer." But will their sort of prayer really unite our nation?

Twenty four percent of Americans are Catholics, and God knows they don’t pray the way evangelicals do. Nearly 2% are Mormons and another 2% are Jews. And neither of those groups talks to You with the easy familiarity of born-again Christians.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

And what about American Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists?  Muslims agree with their Jewish and Christian neighbors that there is one God. But how to pray as a nation when some believers affirm more than one God and some affirm fewer?

As You obviously know, the 1.6% of Americans who call themselves atheists and the 2.4% who call themselves agnostics refer to today as the National Day of Reason. On their web site, they argue that our National Day of Prayer represents an unwanted and unconstitutional intrusion of religion into the workings of the U.S. government.

In his various proclamations of the National Day of Prayer, including this year's, President Obama has referred to prayer as an important part of U.S. history. He speaks of the Continental Congress and Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. being driven to their knees by the force of the tasks set before them.

But when our national icons have prayed on our behalf, they have done so in generic terms. Washington addressed “the Almighty”; Jefferson called on “that Infinite Power.” They did so because they wanted prayer to unite us, not to divide us, and they knew from the start that different Americans call You by different names.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

But addressing “Providence” in vague pieties will not satisfy everyone either. The evangelicals at the NPD Task Force reject efforts to “homogenize” America’s many different ways of praying into one common prayer.

I see their point. Like language, religion is a specific sort of thing. If you are going to speak, you need to choose a language. If you are going to pray, you need to choose a religion (and a god). So if they want to pray to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, more power to them.

But what happens when that particular prayer language is put forth as our collective national language? What happens when we pray, as Rick Warren did at President Obama’s inaugural, “in the name of the one who changed my life, Yeshua, Isa, Jesus”? Then prayer turns into a wedge, dividing those who call you Christ from those who call You Krishna (or do not call on You at all).

So I return to my original question: How should we pray on this National Day of Prayer?

But while I have Your attention (do I?) I have one more.

This year the NDP Task Force has chosen for its theme “One Nation Under God” and its Bible quote is: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” (Psalms 33:12). Is our god You? Since 1954 we have bragged in our Pledge of Allegiance that we are "one nation under God." Are we?

All too often, it seems to me, we use You rather than following You. Democrats ask You to shill for them on tax policy and immigration. Republicans claim to speak in Your name on abortion and gay marriage. Does this annoy You — playing the pawn in our political chess games? Don't You sometimes just want to smite us?

Finally, before I let you go, I must ask You about the marginal tax rate for the wealthiest Americans. Perhaps You have more important things on your plate, but while I have Your attention (do I?) I must ask: What portion of their income should millionaires pay to the U.S. government? When President Kennedy came into office the highest income tax rate was 91%. Was that too high? Today it is 35%. Is that too low? (Just curious.)

This prayer is already too long, so I should stop. But if You are still there (are You?) maybe you could just tell me whether You follow the Roman Catholic Church. If so, could you comment on the recent fight the Vatican has been picking with American nuns? Do you think our nuns should be spending more time fighting contraception and less time caring for the poor and the sick?

And do get back to me on that how to pray thing. We’re all supposed to do it on Thursday, together.

Sincerely,

Steve

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Stephen Prothero.

- CNN Belief Blog contributor

Filed under: Barack Obama • Catholic Church • Christianity • Politics • Prayer • Uncategorized • United States

soundoff (4,673 Responses)
  1. One one

Lords prayer in a nutshell. Feed us. Please don't punish us. Protect us from bad things.

May 4, 2012 at 9:01 am |
    • ElmerGantry

Sums it up very nicely.

May 4, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • mandarax

Let us praise God.
      "Oh Lord, oooh you are so big. So absolutely huge. Gosh, we’re all really impressed down here I can tell you that. Forgive us, O Lord, for this dreadful toadying and barefaced flattery. But you are so strong and, well, just so super. Fantastic. Amen." (Michael Palin as the chaplain in The Meaning of Life)

May 4, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  2. One one

I wonder what are all these people praying for and what exactly do they expect to accomplish as a result of their prayers ?

May 4, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • mema

Why do you waste you time wondering what or why people pray? Just because you see no benefit to prayer does not mean many others dont. Prayer is part of worship and is if nothing else a method of getting things off ones mind and heart. Even if no miracles happen it can serve as a sort of therapy for the soul. I personally benefit from prayer as it has givin me the strenghth to cope with a loss or insight into lifes problems. I dont expect every prayer to be answered by some miraculous even. Many times it is a suttle improvement into a certain problem, or a call from a fellow believer at just the right time, or seeing a story or article on the subject within moments of my prayers. Coincidence? Maybe and maybe not! It help me though and it makes me feel better than thats all that matters. Why is it of concern to any one else to whom and why we pray!

May 4, 2012 at 9:36 am |
    • One one

@mema. By having a national day of prayer it becomes everyone's concern. If you want to pray then pray. But why make it an official national day except to push your dogma into the public space.

May 4, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • mandarax

I agree with One one. Pray all you want, but don't waste the federal government's time and my tax money promoting a National Day for your prayers.

May 4, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
  3. Jaleel White

The irony of it all! Prothero signs off 'sincerly' with no sincerity whatsoever in the article he wrote. He should have instead signed off 'Ignorantly' Prothero

May 4, 2012 at 8:07 am |
    • Kym Johnson

he should have signed off as follows

sincerely ignorant

or

sincerely arrogant

or

sincerely blind

something about that smile is scary!

May 4, 2012 at 8:24 am |
  4. Victoria H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIqrWIhZX2o , Just listen to it, please.

May 4, 2012 at 7:45 am |
    • let me help...

May 4, 2012 at 8:10 am |
    • ElmerGantry

Most wasted 6min 11sec of my life. Yes I listened to it all. Why? Because that takes away any claim that I will be commenting on it without knowing what's in it.

OK, that's your "proof?. 6 minutes of someone saying "How I love you, Jesus"

This is worse than the "Prayer Changes Things" TROLL

At least with the troll you only wast a fraction of a second.

Worst post ever.

May 4, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • ElmerGantry

Word to the wise.

Do not listen to the video posted by Victoria H.

The summary; 6 plus minutes of person singing not much more than "how I love you, Jesus".
      Once is more than enough. Several time and you will be brain dead.

Oh wait, I now know why the fündies listen to something like this over and over and over.

May 4, 2012 at 9:17 am |
    • PercievedReality

Elmer, How much time do you waste lusting over people you see on TV everyday? How much time do you spend entertaining evil in your mind everyday? I bet the 6 mins you spent listening to another human espousing love for his creator is the BEST 6 mins you spent in years but to you what is evil is good, and what is good is foolishness.

May 4, 2012 at 9:33 am |
    • ElmerGantry

@perceivedreality,

You are sacked. I barely watch TV. Not a lot worth watching.

Only watched this so I could comment on it. If I had made a comment without watching it you would be the first to criticize me for commenting on something without knowing what I was criticizing (and in that case you would be right). By watching what I am commenting on I have denied you of that.

Yould criticize me for watching or for not watching it.

Fake gotcha commentor you are.

Go back to trolling on FAUX.

May 4, 2012 at 11:11 am |
    • PRISM 1234

"Word to the wise"?
      I don't think truly wise would listen to your ranting....LOL! !

May 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • YeahRight

"I don't think truly wise would listen to your ranting....LOL! !"

Then that just proved your not wise since you took the time to post that crap. LMAO !

May 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

Yeah, right! LOL! How would you know?! 😉

May 4, 2012 at 6:48 pm |
    • YeahRight

"Yeah, right! LOL! How would you know?!"

I rest my case.

May 4, 2012 at 6:50 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

You rest your case?
      You haven't had a case in the first place! So, there is nothing to "rest"!

May 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  5. John Stefanyszyn

...many religions...many "personal beliefs"...but all LIVE BY one common way of life, the belief in serving their self-interest i.e. the belief in freedom and equality of rights / freedom and equality of religion.

...Thid is the "god" that America prays to, lives for, and fights for.

...and they say that the WAY of the True and Only Creator God, in His Son the Christ, is not right....that their way is right.

But Christ the One King is returning to put in place the One True Way...

May 4, 2012 at 7:27 am |
    • your god is irreducibly complex

All I have to do to prove things is capitalize words!

May 4, 2012 at 8:33 am |
  6. Human Ape

"the 1.6% of Americans who call themselves atheists"

Where did 1.6% come from? I thought America was at least 10% atheist. Even 10% is disgraceful. If this was a sane country we would be 100% atheist.

To see my blog: Type "darwin killed god" in the google search box then click the I'm Feeling Lucky button.

May 4, 2012 at 6:57 am |
  7. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

May 4, 2012 at 5:14 am |
    • Pamela sanderson

What has prayer ever changed?

May 4, 2012 at 6:18 am |
    • Human Ape

"Prayer changes things."

Where's your evidence? Let's have it. Show me powerful evidence for your childish idiotic prayer fantasy.

darwinkilledgod dot blogspot dot com

May 4, 2012 at 7:01 am |
    • a person of the Name

Seen proof of this yesterday. Friend of mine in the hospital waiting for surgery God had healed him before they ever cut him open.

May 4, 2012 at 7:48 am |
    • Pamela sanderson

"god healed him before the surgery"?!

What solipsistic b.s. Thousands of innocent children die every year of disease, accidents and violence but god just happens to have a few teachers pets that "get saved" through prayer. Stop this delusional nonsense already. I remember watching a news interview after the Indonesian tsunami where a woman was praising god because she was saved. I guess she took all of gods attention since the omnipotent one apparently forgot that 250,000 others were drowning at the same time.....

May 4, 2012 at 7:55 am |
    • ElmerGantry

@Pamela sanderson & Human Ape

Do not feed this TROLL!

This is a troll that repeatedly and consistently posts the same three words and rarely more. It lives off people's responses.
      It posts and reposts the same basic simpleton comment.

DO NOT FEED; WARN OTHERS

May 4, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • One one

Millions of devoted believers have prayed for world peace for thousands of years. It hasn't done much good.

May 4, 2012 at 8:05 am |
    • PRISM 1234

"What has prayer ever changed?"
      It changed the course of history, it kept the tyrants from engulfing the whole earth in darkness... If it was not for prayer, this country would not even exist!
      Prayer changed and still changes countless lives. It changed MY life,and people around me. If it was not for God stepping in I WOULD NOT be alive today. No guessing at that, just FACT!

But if prayer didn't ever do anything for you, maybe you need to look deep within your heart, there you may find the reason WHY!

May 4, 2012 at 8:56 am |
    • PRISM 1234

"Millions of devoted believers have prayed for world peace for thousands of years. It hasn't done much good"

The peace world is looking for will not come till the Prince of Peace comes to establish His kingdom on the Earth.
      THEN, and only then peace will come. There can not be peace without justice. But man in his fallen state can not govern himself, and this has been proven over and over thru history. Every attempt to do so ends up in failure.
      Don't think is so? Look at our own country, our celebrated democracy..... Look what it has become: ridden with corruption, turned over to greed, while our leaders turn the blind eye to it, allowing , even making laws to protect the greedy vultures while they devour the common people who are helpless to do anything about it...
      God has His time-table, and He has His plan. Those who wait for Him, setting their hearts on Him, their hope and patience to the end will not disappoint them .....But the world does not know that Hope, their hope is in fallen man. So what can the fruit of it become, but corruption!

May 4, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • PercievedReality

Prayer, the one asking Jesus to take my will, and my life and make it his, changed me. I think of him and my love for him all the time, I no longer look to anything in this materail world, but to the lamb of God I find my life. Since I have began molding my thoughts to the template of Jesus, I have become my "True Self." No longer do I hate myself for the evil that infested my being, my perfect Lord has given me victory and I give him praise, and his father gives him glory, halleluja by and by.

May 4, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not; you are such a LIAR. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!`~

May 4, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • PRISM 1234

So it is OK for you to call me a liar, but when I say that the darkness that's in your heart prevents you from seeing the truth and it separates you from your Creator, then you label me a bigot and hatemonger!

You're not talking here to yearling , buster, so keep your frivolous,shallow ranting to yourself, because the more you insult the grace of God offered to you even as you mouth Him, the more you pile coals of fire upon your own head!
      Just refrain yourself from calling people names, and then playing as you're the victim! Do you understand?!!!

But just so you know, there is much to be said about prayer, but to speak to someone with your frame of mind, it would be an insult to one's own intelligence!

May 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm |
  8. chosen2

There are many false Christs begging men to believe; but the True Christ is not begging men, He is working his perfect plan of salvation, He is clothing his people with the garments of salvation. Isaiah 61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth with her jewels" The True Jesus Christ rules in the kingdom of men. If you are a chosen2salvation.net you will know the truth and be set free.

May 4, 2012 at 4:35 am |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

Maybe you have good intentions or maybe not. just keep it out of politics. Separation of church and state is something that benefits believer and no believer alike. Don't corrupt your religion with politics and don't corrupt politics with religion.

May 4, 2012 at 5:13 am |
    • your god is irreducibly complex

I love how people try to support the bible by quoting the bible. Circular reference is circular.

May 4, 2012 at 8:26 am |
  9. HITLER WAS A CHRISTIAN

CASE CLOSED.

May 4, 2012 at 1:48 am |
    • Verbal Writings

Wait! I wanted to say something! Wait!

May 4, 2012 at 4:01 am |
    • Eichman

The name and message have nothing to do with this story. For reference Hitler was an atheist.

May 4, 2012 at 5:25 am |
    • mandarax

It doesn't matter whether Hitler was a Christian or an Atheist. That has no bearing on the accuracy of either perspective.

May 4, 2012 at 8:22 am |
  10. The Champ

Prayer? LOL

People still waste their time doing this stupid activity that does absolutely nothing because god doesn't exist?

May 4, 2012 at 1:36 am |
    • PercievedReality

Hey, this universe and yourself exist for nothing. Sucks to be you.

May 4, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  11. mandarax

How about a "National Day of Actually Doing Something About the Thing You Would Otherwise Waste Your Time Praying For?"

May 4, 2012 at 12:01 am |
    • Incontinentia Buttocks

I was thinking something more along the lines of National Owl-Stretching Time Day, or National Silly Walks Day

May 4, 2012 at 12:45 am |
    • Hitchens

Action without a plan is the venue of fools. Prayer provides the plan.

May 4, 2012 at 5:27 am |
    • mandarax

I'm in favor of the National Day of Silly Walks. Apparently, now we just need to pray in order to be given a plan...

May 4, 2012 at 8:25 am |
  12. Reality

Steve, Steve, Steve,

With respect to the budget and taxes, apparently you missed this:

How much money would the following save the US taxpayers ?: And how many “souls” would be saved?

Saving 1.5 billion lost Muslims:
    There never were and never will be any angels i.e. no Gabriel, no Islam and therefore no more koranic-driven acts of horror and terror LIKE 9/11.

– One trillion dollars over the next several years as the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan will end.

– Eighteen billion dollars/yr to Pakistan will stop.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Egypt will end.

Saving 2 billion lost Christians including the Mormons:
    There were never any bodily resurrections and there will never be any bodily resurrections i.e. No Easter, no Christianity!!!

– The Mormon empire will now become taxable as will all Christian "religions" and evangelical non-profits since there is no longer any claim to being a tax-exempt religion.

– Saving 15.5 million Orthodox followers of Judaism:
    Abraham and Moses never existed.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Israel saved.

– All Jewish sects and non-profits will no longer be tax exempt.

BOTTOM LINE: SAID SAVINGS WOULD PAY FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE !!!!

May 4, 2012 at 12:00 am |
    • Mars

Christians are already saved!

you and the others on that list of yours are yet to be saved.
      Turn to God today and seek him in earnest and he will direct your paths and show you how to live an abundant life.

May 4, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • Reality

Saving Christians from the Infamous Resurrection Con/

From that famous passage: In 1 Corinthians 15 St. Paul reasoned, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."

To wit;

From a major Catholic university's theology professor’s grad school white-board notes:

Jesus and Mary's bodies are therefore not in Heaven.

Only Luke records it. (Luke mentions it in his gospel and Acts, i.e. a single attestation and therefore historically untenable). The Ascension ties Jesus' mission to Pentecost and missionary activity of Jesus' followers.

The Assumption has multiple layers of symbolism, some are related to Mary's special role as "Christ bearer" (theotokos). It does not seem fitting that Mary, the body of Jesus' Virgin-Mother (another biblically based symbol found in Luke 1) would be derived by worms upon her death. Mary's assumption also shows God's positive regard, not only for Christ's male body, but also for female bodies." "

The Vatican quickly embellished this story with a lot CYAP.

With respect to rising from the dead, we also have this account:

An added note: As per R.B. Stewart in his introduction to the recent book, The Resurrection of Jesus, Crossan and Wright in Dialogue,

p.4

p.168. by Ted Peters:

Even so, asking historical questions is our responsibility. Did Jesus really rise from the tomb? Is it necessary to have been raised from the tomb and to appear to his disciples in order to explain the rise of early church and the transcription of the bible? Crossan answers no, Wright answers, yes. "

So where are the bones"? As per Professor Crossan's analyses in his many books, the body of Jesus would have ended up in the mass graves of the crucified, eaten by wild dogs, covered with lime in a shallow grave, or under a pile of stones.

May 4, 2012 at 8:45 am |
  13. Josh

BAN nonbelievers from this blog in future

May 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

Jesus took it in the @ss from all 12 apostles and he liked it.

May 3, 2012 at 11:24 pm |
    • mandarax

"BAN nonbelievers from this blog in future"

If you really have access to the divine power of the Lord, let's see you ban them in the PAST!

May 3, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
    • Chp

Why don't you try some useless prayer to your useless god to ban us instead of whining like a little kid?

May 3, 2012 at 11:49 pm |
  14. Proud Christian

LOL atheists tries to make their number much larger even though they represent just a tiny minority HAHAH

May 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

There was a time when the majority believed in a flat Earth. Must have been you guys.

May 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm |
    • mandarax

LOL Proud Christian try to make comment but no understand subject-verb agreement.

May 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Only a tiny fraction of the people on Earth understand nuclear physics at the level of the scientists at CERN – that does not make the scientists at CERN wrong. Evaluating something based on the number of ignorant and delusional people that belief in it is not a good means of determining its truth. Lots of people still believe in astrology (religion's predecessor on the evolutionary tree of dumb beliefs) – do you believe in astrology too?

May 3, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
    • In Reason I Trust

You believe in virgin births.

I wonder what would have happened to a teenage Mary who got knocked up from someone other than her husband. I'm guessing she'd be stoned to death.

With no abortion clinics around, I think blaming the kid on "God" was a brilliant move, lol.

May 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm |
    • Johnny Shapeshifter

Prayer Troll keeps changing names faster and faster. I've never seen rapid-cycling schizophrenia before.

May 3, 2012 at 11:53 pm |
    • Banacek

So was Jesus at one time...

May 3, 2012 at 11:58 pm |
  15. $

Atheism is continue to decline worldwide... more and more people realize their big mistake and seek the truth that there is one and only God.

Amen.

May 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • mandarax

You can barely write a legible sentence. Why would I believe your claims about global demographic trends?

May 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

Funny considering all evidence says that non believers are growing at a faster rate.

May 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm |
    • In Reason I Trust

My only mistake was reading your post.

May 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm |
    • Banacek

Please define this "one God" that you believe in.

May 4, 2012 at 12:01 am |
  16. National day of prayer!

Proth... here is the answer to your question.

YOU PRAY TO THE GOD OF THE BIBLE WHO IS THE ONE TRUE GOD.

May 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

Zeus!

May 3, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
    • In Reason I Trust

THOR is the one true god! I see him everywhere I go...surrounded by the HULK and Iron Man.

May 3, 2012 at 11:45 pm |
    • Phosphorus

Loki is the almighty!

May 4, 2012 at 3:50 am |
  17. n8263

Religion is delusional, prayer is delusional.

You do not believe in religion because you honestly think it is true, you believe in it because you are afraid of the unknown. It does not take a genius to figure out all religion is man made, so for humanity's sake, please stop lying to yourself.

Deluding yourself in religion does not change reality. Lying to yourself is probably the worst possible way to try to find meaning in your life.

May 3, 2012 at 10:55 pm |
    • the mood 14

You must be miserable to feel that way and definately delusional

May 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
    • In Reason I Trust

@n8263
      AMEN!

May 3, 2012 at 11:47 pm |
    • n8263

It is actually very liberating.

May 4, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  18. GOD IS GREAT

Freedom of religion is granted.

May 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

Freedom from religion as well. You will see. Every day your kind grow weaker. Intelligence and humanity will prevail and your evil cult will be forgotten.

May 3, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
  19. Really Jersey

The author needs to check his divisiveness at the door.
    Since this is America, every citizen can pray/contemplate their own way knowing that no one can FORCE them to either pray or cease from praying as one believes appropriate. It is important to reaffirm that individual right to chose every year with a day set aside to celebrate something so important that it was codified at the birth of our nation. This yearly event builds bridges & reaches for understandings among people with different beliefs. People need to be reminded of their commonalities rather than divisions. By focusing on them we see each other as human beings.

May 3, 2012 at 10:44 pm |

May 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
  20. ElmerGantry

The religious who want to Influence political elections should forfeit their tax exempt status!

May 3, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
    • Godoflunaticscreation

They claim to be an NPO but don't adhere to NPO rules. They should be stripped of that status and required to pay taxes. Legally it is required. Someone should file a lawsuit.

May 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm |

Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things
      Prayer changes things