home
RSS
May 16th, 2012

College drops health care plan over religious objections to new law

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor

(CNN) – A Catholic college in Ohio has apparently become the nation’s first to drop its health care plan because it opposes parts of the federal health care law signed by President Barack Obama.

The Franciscan University of Steubenville posted on its website last week that it is discontinuing its health care plan.

“The Obama Administration has mandated that all health insurance plans must cover ‘women’s health services’ including contraception, sterilization, and abortion-causing medications as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” the university says.

“We will not participate in a plan that requires us to violate the consistent teachings of the Catholic Church on the sacredness of human life,” the statement says.

The coverage includes emergency contraceptives such as Plan B, which can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, but not drugs like RU-486, which can end an early pregnancy.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

The school is also dropping its health insurance plan for students because the new health care law requires employers to provide more robust coverage, making it more expensive, said Tom Sofio, a spokesman for the Franciscan University of Steubenville.

“It was our own moral reasons and then the rising cost of health care because of the act,” Sofio said, explaining the university’s decision.

Sofio said school officials are not aware of another college that has dropped its health insurance plan out of disagreements with the federal health care law.

A spokeswoman for the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which is representing three religious schools that are challenging the health care law, said that she was also unaware of another college that had taken such action.

A spokeswoman with the Health and Human Services Department, charged with implementing the new health care law, said Wednesday that the department had no comment on the school’s decision and that it does not keep track of changes to college health insurance plans.

The Obama administration faced a firestorm of controversy from many religious groups this year over a proposed rule that would require employers to provide no-cost contraception coverage to their employees.

In what it called a compromise, the White House revised the rule to require health insurance companies – not employers – to provide contraception coverage, mollifying some Catholic critics. Other Catholic groups, including the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, are not satisfied by the revised rule.

The Roman Catholic Church opposes the use of contraception.

“We’re paying the health insurance company, and if they provide abortion-causing drugs, that’s against our religious beliefs,” Sofio said Wednesday.

About 200 of the Franciscan University of Steubenville's 2,500 students rely on the university health care plan, which costs about $50 a month, Sofio said. He said the school is retaining its health care plan for employees because it is hopeful that legal challenges to the health care law will prevent much of it from taking effect.

Sofio said that the school sent letters about its decision to students and parents in April and that it has received overwhelming support from both constituencies. Ninety-five percent of students at the university are Catholic, he said.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Catholic Church • Politics

soundoff (1,561 Responses)
  1. DSI

Isn't that nice; throwing their students under the bus for the sake of their own perverted sense of "morality" while having such a lack of conviction for that "morality" that they refuse to belabor their staff/faculty with the suffrage that they so willingly thrust their students in to.

May 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  2. b4bigbang

momoya

Agreed... He's a fvcking dovchenozzle who enjoys tor.turing the vast majority of his creation for eternity when their mistakes were prec.isely human and finite.. He even has special ventilation that allows him to smell from within his throne room the smoke of those he torments in h.ell.

If you can spend all eternity giving blow j.o.b.s to a disgusting fvckwad like that, then go for it.. Seriously, what kind of c.u.n.t requires "worship?!?" May 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |

Momoya lives in a trailer park......

May 21, 2012 at 12:52 am |
    • b4bigbang

PS: anyone who spews such filthy hatred as momoya also abuses their kids (if they have any – atheists have a hard time finding and keeping mates, according to statistics).

May 21, 2012 at 12:54 am |
    • momoya

Actually, the statistics show that atheists have longer, better, healthier marriages, and atheists in a marriage are likely to have more education and more intelligent children than marriages between believers.. But your weird lies and stupid accusations are abotu what I've come to expect from the average "christian."

I do appreciate your concern for me, though.. Thanks!

May 21, 2012 at 9:42 am |
    • momoya

Oh, and thanks soooo much for placing what I wrote in my post at the top of the page.. Great move! 🙂

May 21, 2012 at 9:43 am |
  3. foxy225

I am sure Saint Francis is very ashamed of these people at this time. This is not how he rolled

May 20, 2012 at 6:27 pm |
  4. John

Every time I get to the comment section of the religion blog, I see two names, Reality (still laugh at the irony of that name for this wingnut) and momoya (who's so fully self-absorbed that it can't see it's own conflicted nature). Now I admit that I don't get to the comment section often but every time these two are here spreading their message of atheism with as much hate and vile, occasionally disguised as "logic and reason", as they can squeeze out. I guess this is an example of the new militant, evangelical atheism that is attacking religions of all kinds. All I can say is don't try to reason with them or get drawn into a "discussion" because it won't really be a discussion since they couldn't care less what you have to say. It's like the old adage about wrestling with a pig....you both get dirty and pig likes it. They are both so completely self-absorbed that they can't see anything except the dogma they have picked up on the atheism websites that reinforces their self-love over everything. Religion has survived much worse persecution than these two "intellectuals" so take my advice and don't sink to an exchange with either. P.S. Reality, at least, will go by other names but you can see the style so treat them appropriately. Peace be with you.

May 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • momoya

Thank you so much for your concern, John.. I appreciate you thinking of me..

If you would ever like to debate an issue with me, let me know..

May 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • Chuck

I'm happy to see evangelical Atheists. We are growing in numbers.

May 20, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
    • John

I've tried to debate you but you just ignore me whenever I answer your questions and issues with religion. I know that it's a futile gesture on my part but I think you have a good heart and just need the faith to accept the forgiveness that is offered by God. I beg you to not let your pride stand in the way but to seek Him/Her with an open heart. I don't converse with most on this site because, frankly, I would have to be the as-s-hole whisperer to ever get them to listen or consider anything beyond thier own desire. I hope that you are different. I may not see your reply because I don't plan to frequent CNN or this blog much more since it's become so hostile to people of faith but please consider my words.

May 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  5. Rock Acquah

I need two laptop.

May 20, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  6. elizabeth

No thinking parent would consider sending a child to college without health insurance (I hope). Although students can remain on parents. plans while in school, if parents are lucky enough to be employed and insured, I'd think long and hard about a school that thinks this behavior is in keeping with a Christian mission.

May 19, 2012 at 9:11 pm |
  7. Mike

For those of you unfamiliar with Franciscan-Steubenville, this university is not in any way a "mainstream Catholic" university. This place has been run by fundamentalists far too long. That's their claim to fame, so this publicity stunt they are pulling is probably going to help their enrollment. They are Catholic in that weird Mel Gibson-ish way, not "regular Catholic". If and when you see Notre Dame, Georgetown, BC, Xav, Marq, Duq, StL, etc. follow Fran-Steub's move, then it will be news.

May 19, 2012 at 6:17 pm |
    • Buck

Thants OK but do not let them go to the emergency room on my dime. If so will put my tax portion in escrow and not allow payment for each one that goes till they take care of their own.

May 20, 2012 at 10:07 am |
    • Jim

Obamacare is on your dime so ??

May 21, 2012 at 5:44 am |
    • Dennis

I wonder if they are going to disallow vasectomies for men.....?!?!?!

May 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
  8. Ivan Bial

let the church do whatever it has to.
    To me separation of church and state also means laws and regulations are passed and enforced for the good of the country and should not be modified for one religious group or another.

May 19, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  9. PhillUranus

The Christian way.
    I'm sure Jesus would drop everything if people didn't think like him.

Religion is the mother of hate.

May 19, 2012 at 10:23 am |
    • J R Brown

If you don't think like Jesus, you go to hell...I'd say He draws a pretty distinct line in the sand about things. Jesus isn't the "tolerant" schmuck liberals try to make Him out to be.

May 19, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • momoya

May 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
    • No Truth, Just Claims

Exactly momoya....

May 20, 2012 at 2:27 am |
    • Brad

Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion. – Gandhi

May 20, 2012 at 11:33 am |
  10. mandarax

If people really want healthcare to be more affordable, quit fighting Obama and quit fighting reproductive health and start fighting against obesity. We are all sharing the cost of the diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. caused by obesity.

(point to consider, those red states that are screaming about not wanting to have to share the cost of other peoples healthcare...wait for it...have by far the highest rates of obesity)

May 18, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  11. findmeinfloridaagain

If it helps, I am joining the ACLU.... AFTER GRADUATING AND STICKING THAT ON MY RESUME. I HAVE 20 YEARS IN THE MEDIA AND over 10 years teaching experience.

I HAVE A BRAIN AND A 3.6 AVERAGE AND WAY MORE SECULAR THAN OTHERS. I BELIEVE IN BEING KIND AND LOVING TO OTHERS.

May 18, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  12. Think for yourself

Sounds more like they were looking for a way to save money, but instead of owning up to it, pointed their finger at Obama. Very mature.

May 18, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
    • danielwalldammit

Yeah, it's ridiculous posturing.

May 18, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • AGuest9

If you think birth control is expensive, try covering pre-natal care and labor and delivery! Oh, that's right, catholic students don't have s3x. ROFL!

May 20, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  13. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things
    Proven

May 18, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
    • danielwalldammit

BOOOOM!

May 18, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • lk

Stupidity is by far worse for children and other living things and this plan was stupid.

May 19, 2012 at 8:31 am |
  14. findmeinfloridaagain

As a two time grad, 85 with an English degree emphasis Mass Communication and another Master of Science in Education from December 2008, I DO NOT SUPPORT THESE CURRENT MEASURES AGINST THE OBAMA CARE HHS.
    Nor will I ever support what they did. On campus is a spirit of fear and coercion NOT TO DISSENT AGAINST WHAT THEY SAY AND SPEAK UP AS A FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT. The students are afraid. You need to go undercover and visit and find out for yourselves. Yes, they are positive in many ways. But it is also negative.

The whole campus shuts down in the summer for religious zealous conferences where they serve the conference participants and not the students. They encourage the students NOT TO ATTEND DURING THE SUMMER TO complete their degrees and house the conference folks better than the students. They also feed them better than the students also. Students get second rate food and the conference people get first rate during every summer. Who is more important? That rides for how they are now treating the students. I went back because my mother's cousin through marriage, Fr. Gus was a friar who got sick and died after I graduated. They even moved him when he got sick. It is sad now because many of them, the friars are getting older.

Is this what you do to the students? IT IS GRANDSTANDING TO SHOW HOW INSECURE AND BETTER YOU ARE. i AM A LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE CATHOLIC AND NOT AFRAID TO SHOUT IT. I went back to get another degree so I could teach and move/go on to get an eventual PH.D and be a professor at a college myself.

There is also a culture of you are "not good enough Catholic so you should not go to communion because" even though they have no authority to do so. Many of the students are homeschooled and threaten you and throw a fit that you are not good enough when you tell them that you see they cannot study or do not have school or people skills or cannot hold a job due to their lack of real education.

It is sad. I do hope it does not degrade my degrees due to their current position. I hope future employers see me for the PROGRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL THAT I am and get beyond their position of bias that would go either way. I hope they would see me away from my alma mater's STUPID POSITION. I am sure that they have
    I am for students getting healthcare. Ask yourself this and research this: have the Third Order Regular Franciscans of the Sacred Heart Province's OTHER UNIVERSITY FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY, St Francis University CUT THE STUDENTS HEALTH CARE OF THEIR OTHER OTHER UNIVERSITY???? I don't think so. That would mean cutting their seminariansfor their order who train to be brothers and priests insurance. THAT'S IS SOMETHING THEY WOULD NEVER DO === EVER. As OF CURRENT TIME THEY EVEN MOVED THE FORMER PRESIDENT FR. ,MIKE SCANLAN TOR OFF TO ST FRANCIS UNIVERSITY AND TO THE FATHER HOUSE IN LORETTO, PA.
    http://www.francis.edu This is nothing be grandstanding and ruling by fear. It is worse than nuns beating children with rulers to get their attention. What about helping students with love and allowing them to get the care they need?

Did not the Obama initiative allow for religious dissent? I believe he did. Problem here is this: they the friars do not allow dissent nor do the people who work for them. Oddly enough, Mr. Hernon and I were students together in the 1980s and he was fighting for free speech and good customer service.

He has swallowed the Kool aid of COERCION AND FEAR AND LOATHING and support for the lying GOP who support business with Made in China and human trafficking policies.

He has now demonstrated his belief in the culture of death in a different way than I have. If you call him and bring this up, he had better not challenge me that I have no children while he and his wife, Kelly have 6? People like him and others there are over stepping themselves and accusing people/ couples with no children of contracepting and having had abortions and other things that are very hurtful during difficult times of infertility. My husband and I have tried for 14 years and are now preparing to adopt through the local state system here in Florida.

Enough is enough. Churchmen at the Vatican or their representatives with common sense need to take a stand so students can get insurance. Why not? They need to tell them to stop pointing fingers at students and alumni as NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Money talks, nonsense is rearing its ugly head. Remember this during donation time. Certain alumni are NOT RULED BY YOUR FEAR TACTICS. WE KNOW GOD LOVES US. We are not afraid.

May 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
    • AverageJoe_Catholic

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT! ....LOUD NOISES!

In all seriousness, I don't think you understand the Franciscan University of Steubenville. This place is uber-catholic. If they didn't drop the healthcare plan with all the morally objectionable addendums to it, the student body would be likely to riot in protest. These kids are zealous, they'll go without healthcare if they have to, so long as they have a clean conscience.

Oh, and as far as "progressive" Catholics go, I must ask one question: Just what the hell are you progressing towards? You could be walking on the road to hell and still be called "progressive." This university is following their conscience, and thus, are progressive, in the sense that they're end goal isn't a comfortable life of tolerance, niceness, and obsessive humanism, but Heaven.

May 19, 2012 at 8:17 am |
  15. William

Wow, we all want to live ina country where we are free to make choices and when someone or something excercises that right we have a cow. I applaud anyone who states what they believe and then actually stands up and lives by it. Personally, mandates always cause us to question how much we truly believe and then fold or take a stand. This is not a big deal as employees can get their coverage through the new health plan. If there is a time lapse- Oooops...I guess someone didn;t count on repercussions did they?...students may have to use mom's and dads -which they already do. Then of course, if benefits is the reason for working- then one may have to choose to find a job elsewhere and students can always go somewhere else. Welive in a world of change- not always change we want but change we get. Adjust happily when it goes yourway and unhappily when it does not. I think most of us have learned how to do that.

May 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
    • momoya

I too am glad for choice and I am particularly glad that this college chose to act like a a bratty little four year old who would rather whine and sn.at.ch her toys from the sandbox rather than let little Johnny from down the road play with them.

If there were really concerned about "principle" they'd revoke their tax-exempt status and they would have discontinued the insurance for the teachers as well.. I'm oh so glad when retarded christian organizations act with such blatant hypocrisy and beeyatchiness.

May 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
    • danielwalldammit

No, I guess no-one thought about the possibility that the school would use this as an opportunity to attack their students and blame Obama.

May 18, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  16. Reality

Obviously, the frugal Franciscan Friars who take a vow of poverty and who run the topic University need to balance the school budget, something our federal, state and local government obviously are not capable of regarding their own budgets. Some frugal ideas for all the associated parties:

ONLY FOR NEW MEMBERS AND THOSE OF THE AGE OF FOURTEEN OR OLDER:

The Brutal Effects of Stupidity:

: The failures of the widely used birth "control" methods i.e. the Pill ( 8.7% failure rate) and male con-dom (17.4% failure rate) have led to the large rate of abortions and S-TDs in the USA. Men and women must either recognize their responsibilities by using the Pill or co-ndoms properly and/or use safer methods in order to reduce the epidemics of abortion and S-TDs.- Failure rate statistics provided by the Gut-tmacher Inst-itute. Unfortunately they do not give the statistics for doubling up i.e. using a combination of the Pill and a condom.

Added information before making your next move:

from the CDC-2006

"Se-xually transmitted diseases (STDs) remain a major public health challenge in the United States. While substantial progress has been made in preventing, diagnosing, and treating certain S-TDs in recent years, CDC estimates that approximately 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.1 In addition to the physical and psy-ch-ological consequences of S-TDs, these diseases also exact a tremendous economic toll. Direct medical costs as-sociated with STDs in the United States are estimated at up to $14.7 billion annually in 2006 dollars."

And from:

Consumer Reports, January, 2012

"Yes, or-al se-x is se-x, and it can boost cancer risk-

Here's a crucial message for teens (and all se-xually active "post-teeners": Or-al se-x carries many of the same risks as va-ginal se-x, including human papilloma virus, or HPV. And HPV may now be overtaking tobacco as the leading cause of or-al cancers in America in people under age 50.

"Adolescents don’t think or-al se-x is something to worry about," said Bonnie Halpern-Felsher professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco. "They view it as a way to have intimacy without having 's-ex.'" (It should be called the Bill Clinton Syndrome !!)

Obviously, political leaders in both parties, Planned Parenthood, parents, the "stupid part of the USA" and the educational system have failed miserably on many fronts.

The most effective forms of contraception, ranked by "Perfect use": (as opposed to the actual failure rates noted above)

1a. (Abstinence, 0% failure rate)
    1b. (Masturbation, mono or mutual, 0% failure rate)

One-month injectable and Implant (both at 0.05 percent)
    Vasectomy and IUD (Mirena) (both at 0.1 percent)
    The Pill, Three-month injectable, and the Patch (all at 0.3 percent)
    Tubal sterilization (at 0.5 percent)
    IUD (Copper-T) (0.6 percent)
    Periodic abstinence (Post-ovulation) (1.0 percent)
    Periodic abstinence (Symptothermal) and Male condom (both at 2.0 percent)
    Periodic abstinence (Ovulation method) (3.0 percent)

Every other method ranks below these, including Withdrawal (4.0), Female condom (5.0), Diaphragm (6.0), Periodic abstinence (calendar) (9.0), the Sponge (9.0-20.0, depending on whether the woman using it has had a child in the past), Cervical cap (9.0-26.0, with the same caveat as the Sponge), and Spermicides (18.0).

May 18, 2012 at 10:13 am |
    • Nodack

Condoms fail 17.4% of the time?

I think you are making all your facts up.

May 18, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • Reality

"Facts on Contraceptive Use

January 2008 and June 2010

"WHO NEEDS CONTRACEPTIVES?

• 62 million U.S. women (and men?) are in their childbearing years (15–44).[1]

• 43 million women (and men) of reproductive age, or 7 in 10, are se-xually active and do not want to become pregnant, but could become pregnant if they or their partners fail to use a con-traceptive method.[2]

• The typical U.S. woman (man?) wants only 2 children. To achieve this goal, she (he?) must use cont-raceptives for roughly 3 decades.[3]

WHO USES CON-TRACEPTIVES?

• Virtually all women (98%) aged 15–44 who have ever had int-ercourse have used at least one con-traceptive method.[2](and men?)

• Overall, 62% of the 62 million women aged 15–44 are currently using one.[2] (and men)

• 31% of the 62 million women (and men?) do not need a method because they are infertile; are pregnant, postpartum or trying to become pregnant; have never had inte-rcourse; or are not se-xually active.[2]

• Thus, only 7% of women aged 15–44 are at risk of unwanted pregnancy but are not using con-traceptives.[2] (and men?)

• Among the 42 million fertile, s-exually active women who do not want to become pregnant, 89% are practicing con-traception.[2] (and men?)

WHICH METHODS DO WOMEN (men?) USE?

• 64% of reproductive-age women who practice con-traception use reversible methods, such as oral con-traceptives or condoms. The remaining women rely on female or male sterilization.[2]

FIRST-YEAR CON-TRACEPTIVE FAILURE RATES – Guttmacher Inst-itute

Percentage of women experiencing an unintended pregnancy (a few examples)

Some examples

Method……………..Typical

Pill (combined)……… 8.7
      Tubal sterilization ……0.7
      Male condom ……….17.4
      Vasectomy…………… 0.2
      Implant…………………1.0
      IUD (Copper-T)……….1.0

(Masturbation mono or dual)………. 0
      (Abstinence)......................................0

The failure of the Pill as noted above results in one million unplanned pregnancies every year because women basically fail to take it once a day as prescribed. Is there a literacy problem that Planned Parenthood failed to recognize?

The failure of the male condom results in another one million unplanned pregnancies every year basically because many men, as per Guttmacher, fail to use them even though they have them in their pockets or billfolds.

May 18, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
    • Crom

Man, oh, man!

Nothing gets Reality's anus twitching like talking about contraception! Whoooooeeeeeee!

May 18, 2012 at 7:58 pm |
  17. Reality

Some additional nitty-gritty:

"Twenty-one states offer exemptions from contraceptive coverage, usually for religious reasons, for insurers or employers in their policies: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan (administrative rule), Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia."

Next:

The Catholic hierachy do not believe in artificial birth control so why do they employ those who do? Did not the Supreme Court recently decide that religious organizations have the right to decide who they hire and fire? Bottom line: To reduce health insurance costs and to not be subject to Obama care regulations about supplying contraceptives, Catholic groups should simply not hire those who want contraceptives and fire those who demand such coverage.

Next:

There are different opinions as to what a religion really is or what a non-profit is and therefore all non-profits should file Form 990's. At the moment, religious groups are exempt. To be fair therefore, there should be no tax-exemptions for any group and that includes the Democratic and Republican Parties. Faith and community initiative grant monies should also be cancelled and there should also be no tax deductions for contributions made to charities and non-profits.

Next:

"The government must stay out of hiring and firing decisions by a religious organization, even if a minister sues for employment discrimination, the Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday.

Religious freedom groups praised the decision, and especially the fact that it came from a unanimous court."

And does not "Obamacare" (i..e the taxpayers) provide health coverage of students under the age of 26? Or at least allow said students to be covered under their parents' health insurance?
    ********************************************************************************************************************************

May 18, 2012 at 10:01 am |
  18. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things.

May 18, 2012 at 6:38 am |
    • Jesus

Prayer doesn’t not; you are such a LIAR. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

May 18, 2012 at 11:06 am |
    • Nodack

I have an imaginary friend who I pray to and he changes everything. Not sure what everything is, but that's my story.

May 18, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Nodack

I prayed no one would die from war. I guess god had other plans.
      I prayed Johnny would be saved from his illness, but he died. I guess god had other plans.
      I prayed Mary would be saved from her illness and she lived. That proves that prayer heals since she lived. She would have died if it wasn't for all the praying I did.

🙂

May 18, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  19. Kallibretto

Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

May 18, 2012 at 2:07 am |
  20. momoya

May 18, 2012 at 12:23 am |
    • MASSIVE BALLS

I Love Atheists. They aren't idiots.

May 18, 2012 at 1:42 am |
    • kgb24peeps

May 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • kgb24peeps

since we're hiding behind videos...

May 18, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • momoya

@kgb

If you were familiar with my posting history that many times evidences over 6 or 7 paragraphs of all-original writing and sometimes over 500-800 words you'd realize how stupid of a statement you just made.. Are you really going to meet me at my level or are you going to run away and hide from having to answer for your stupid positions.

May 18, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • kgb24peeps

my gosh you are so full of yourself. You put up a video and then complain when I point it out. Then you have the audacity to go into a self righteous tirade about your precious writing, as if it was something special that should be revered. Grow up.

May 18, 2012 at 6:21 pm |
    • momoya

It seems to me that I simply explained myself calmly and rationally, and asked you if you really want to debate me or not.. I think the person who's full of themselves might be on a different computer than this one. 🙂

May 18, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
    • homer

@momoya
      And if you weren't a total ass hole someone might take you serious.

May 18, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
    • momoya

All the people here who I respect take me seriously.. As for the ones I don't respect (as in the ones who can only call names like a 5 year old but never have a substantive argument), I'd rather that they didn't..

May 18, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • momoya

And really, Homer, it's fvcking obvious as sh!t who the azzhole here is.. If you can read, that is: kjb.. And did I respond in kind? No.. I merely challenged him to debate AS IF HE WASNT the azzhole, and as if he actually could state a reasonable argument..

May 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
    • kgb24peeps

curious, which comes first momoya. do you respect them or only if they seem to take you seriously? so far, you are the one regressing to that of a five year old and name calling

May 18, 2012 at 8:35 pm |
    • momoya

@kgb

You're either a liar or you've not read but about a dozen posts if you think I'm the only person calling names.. Do you ever have sensible arguments or do you just have the one "ur a meenie" line that you use wherever you go?

May 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm |