home
RSS
May 30th, 2012

Tennessee mosque's fate again up in the air

By Lateef Mungin and Moni Basu, CNN

(CNN) - The long-running battle between a Tennessee Muslim community and its critics over a new mosque took a dramatic turn with a county judge's ruling that could bring construction to a halt.

"Everyone is really shocked, many people are crying about this," Imam Osama Bahloul, leader of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, said early Wednesday.

"We did exactly what other churches in the county did," he said. "We followed the same process that other churches did. Why did this happen? Some people feel like it is discrimination."

The judge, Chancellor Robert Corlew, ruled Tuesday that plans for the new mosque that had previously been approved by a local planning commission were now "void and of no effect."

He said the planning commission violated state law by not providing proper public notice. The ruling throws the date of the mosque's completion, scheduled for July, up in the air.

Rutherford County Attorney Jim Cope said Corlew did not address the issue of whether work on the mosque has to stop right away. He said county planners will discuss options and determine an appropriate course of action.

FULL STORY

- CNN's Laura Koran

Filed under: Islam • Mosque • Tennessee

1. Sam Yaza

um i'm pretty sure they had enough public exposure after all it was on the font page in shibuya newspaper

cretins,...

pagan lesson in language for Christians number 2070450

christian is the anglicized word for cretin it means, fool or idiot it was mad popular by Nero,.. side not Christians were never thrown to the lions they were not worthy of such honer. the were how ever burned, crucified, and drowned a fitting end for stupidity

May 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
  2. steeb

I've been there and I've seen these people waving palestinian flags and protesting against Israel in the town square, referring to the Israeli's as "terrorists". These are not American Muslims, these are anti semitic, just off the ship, hate mongering muslims and this "mosque" will be quickly turned to a madrassa of hate that supports terrorism against both Israel and the United states. . I don't blame those people for not wanting them there, I wouldn't want them in my town either.

May 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

i protested against Israel for Philistine,... first were not anti Semites the Palestinians are Semites were actually pro Semites second many started protesting Israel to get my Jewish girlfriend in bed,... that being said death to Israel

May 30, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
  3. Answer

Use of proper logic is like this:

---
    Christians,

Do you find it ironic that the majority of posts are by you all throwing out condescending insults because it gives you a false sense of power? I understand that nobody takes you seriously in the real world and that must get annoying, but seriously sitting on a computer all day posting inaccurate and ignorant drivel doesn't do much to help spread your message....whatever that may be.

The ball is right back on you. That is because the above is a blanket statement and the only worthwhile word exchange is to change one word to make your statement. This is really the oldest trick in the book of being condescending.

May 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
  4. Yup

Atheists,

May 30, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • Huebert

I like how you can be condescending and play the victim in the same post.

May 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
    • birch please

"inaccurate and ignorant drivel" its already been proven that atheists actually know more about the bible then the people who actually believe in it.

May 30, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • Yup

@birch,

Ahh yes nothing like taking a relatively small sample size, applying it to the masses, AND THEN claiming that since the poll results were slightly in your favor, it's applicable to every single person out there. So according to you, since the poll has spoken there's no point in looking any further or even considering that there are both smart/dumb people on all sides. You show your true ignorance when you claim that the poll is proof that you are smarter than Christians.

Btw I'm an actuary so try to correct me on statistics.

May 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Too Funny

Well it looks like birch just got owned, not surprising, but quite comical!!!

May 30, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • birch please

I know many christians who are smarter than I. I was replying to the blanket statement of the first person.

May 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
    • birch please

BTW I have a PhD in science so your business degree is not that impressive or matter since this is a blog and anyone (including me) can just make crap up.

May 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
    • Yup

Just an FYI, it should read "smarter than me," not "smarter than I."

Incorrect grammar at such a low level provides insight into your intellectual capacity. Good day now, I no longer wish to discuss anything with someone since all outward signs point to you as being quite uneducated.

May 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
    • birch please

Ah yes, the last defense of a losing blog: grammar

May 30, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
    • Jen

An actuary???? Lol! I'm an accountant and we make fun of all the people that weren't smart enough to get designations so had to become actuaries instead!

May 30, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
    • Heh

"BTW I have a PhD in science"
      No, you don't...........

May 30, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • birch please

Heh, the whole point of my sentence was that saying that "I am ____" on a blog is pointless. The only thing more stupid is disagreeing lol.

May 30, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
    • birch please

Heh, unless you are being funny then kudos

May 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • sam stone

As oppoosed to the theists who bloviate on and on about knowing the mind of god?

May 30, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • Nii

BIRCH
      Over-simplifying again after the actuary got you, huh? I think u need more than a PhD? How about a High School Grammar course?

May 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
    • Hey Zeus!

@Nii

You are the last person on this blog that should be critiquing someone’s grammar.

May 31, 2012 at 6:38 am |
  5. LMAO

How did you atheist clowns in here solve life's biggest mystery? I mean after thousands of years of debate and people going back and forth, which still continues to this day, the all knowing and oh so wise atheists on these blogs have everything all figured out. Just ask them and they'll tell you they're smarter and more rational than any believer.

Think I'll take the honest and truthful research I've done on the matter as opposed to some random person's opinion anyday. What a bunch of fools.

May 30, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Life biggest mystery? And what would that be?

May 30, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
    • birch please

Or we just cannot answer that question at the moment and you should learn to deal with it.

May 30, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

Im confused,first you want evidence but will deny any type of evidence presented?????

That evidence could come in many forms yet all those forms,atheists usually deny it saying "that didn't happen!!"

The only person your fooling is yourselves.Nothing can get done without work.Even scientists work so maybe it's done for you to do the work

May 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

what religion you grew up with is not my fault.Its your parents etc own fault.Now you are an adult who can make that rational mature decision.

You can choose but it's pretty pathetic to me that you keep on coming back to what you were exposed to as a child.What if you were told the wrong information? Still believe it but will know never of they were right?

One must study on their own to know.Otherwise you just follow what people say without question just like those zombie followers who follow man not God

I see you ignored the last statement about Islam thus proving what I said.Nothing about Christianity is said.

May 30, 2012 at 9:59 pm |
  6. At death atheists believe

Atheists claim to know they are right yet hate when others tell them they are wrong???

May 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Tell me I'm wrong all you want, but you're going to actually need evidence to back it up otherwise there's no reason to even take what you say seriously.

May 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Huebert

Tell me I'm wrong all you like. Tell me 2+2=5 all you like. Doesn't bother me and it makes you look dumb.

May 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
    • sam stone

I don't hate theists when they tell me I am wrong. I do think they are pompous fools. Theists issue EMPTY PROXY TREATS to those who do not believe. "Better get with Jesus before it's too late" or some such drivel

May 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

"There is no God" strong statement from people who claim to have ZERO faith yet in actual reality do.It takes faith to know for a fact there is no God.They hide behind science and logic and yet faith is still there.They must be afraid to say it to themselves they do.

May 30, 2012 at 8:07 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

I don't claim to know there's no god. There's insuficient evidence for me to warrant a belief in god. If you can't tell the difference, then that's not my problem. Faith plays no part in my life whatsoever.

May 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

I'm sure faith as part in your life.Your ego won't let you say it to yourself and frankly to the world.

May 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

If you dont want to believe fine don't.But if you waste half your life demanding you want evidence but deny it on the surface,that's YOUR problem.Faith takes work not slackers who want it easy.Didnt know that about faith did you?

May 30, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Wow you're really a condescending dou.che aren't you. Faith is belief without evidence or evidence to the contrary, so I suppose you're right it does take work to convince yourself that what facts say don't matter. Faith isn't part of my life, but if you want to reject my word on that, then there's nothing I can say. Then again, it seems conversation isn't your point. It seems your point is more to stroke your own ego by going with a preconceived assumption about other people. Dishonest argumentation at its best over here folks.

May 30, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

So you cracked the biggest mystery of life and know for a total fact you are right? You locked down your answer and yet science still hasn't unlocked anything? You still relay on faith outside the realm of what science tells you.

I'm a what now? Seems like you become angry when on says you have faith.No atheist agnostic etc has ever proven anything.but go ahead keep denying it.

May 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Did I ever say I was 100% sure? Do you really feel the need to twist my words that badly? I'm not claiming knowledge, I'm rejecting a claim based on lack of evidence to support it. You say there's a god, I say prove it otherwise there's no reason to believe the claim. What exactly do I have faith in if you think you know me so well?

May 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

its still faith because you can't prove your side.No matter how much you turn to science or logic..you can't get around that fact. So according to certain type of atheists,the human race,this world is random yet they still haven't proven it

No matter what side one requires faith.Cling to science to deny it is..sad

May 30, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Why would I need to prove anything? I'm not making any claims, or is that to hard for you to understand? Think of it like in jury duty, you vote either guilty or not guilty. You don't vote guilty or innocent. The person is either guilty or innocent (god or no god) but you don't vote innocent. I'm voting not guilty.

May 30, 2012 at 8:40 pm |
    • Failure to communicate

Sounds like to this Hombre that @ death atheists... just wanted to pick a fight but doesn't understand when people use bigger than one syllable words.

Bro, if you want to actually get an idea what atheists actually believe or understand, hows about you try asking instead of just claiming you understand.

May 30, 2012 at 8:41 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

"There is no God" is making a claim. Saying "I deny the existence of god(s)" is making a claim. As I said,everyone has faith.On the outside of course the vocal non-believers will say they don't yet..deep down they know they do."Making a claim" is bull because its a way for you to escape admitting you do have faith and allowing the other person to take that fault and admit it.

Many many many many Christians hav said we have no evidence to prove anything.In fact read what Jesus said about faith..it will surprise the atheists who lie and say they know more about the bible than most Christians.But truth of the matter is,they DENY the very teachings of what Christianity is all about.Faith does not work like science.You can poke the fun out of that,deny it,hate it,think its stupid but it still won't change the meaning of faith.

Let's see how you get yourself out of this one.

May 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Umm, ok. The rejection of a claim is not a claim unto itself. That's like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby, or that not-guilty is the same as innocent. It doesn't work that way, no matter how much you may want it to. As for faith, I will claim wholeheartedly that faith is not a good thing, and that in calling for people to have faith, it merely means that the person saying "just have faith" is really saying "don't ask question. Be guillible and just shut up and do what I say". Faith does not advance understanding or knowledge, and faith is the worst way one could use to determine the truth of anything.
      You can continue to assert that I have "faith" but until you can demonstrate something that I have faith in, it's merely a baseless assertion perhaps taken from an apologetics source.

May 30, 2012 at 8:53 pm |
    • Failure to communicate

@@death blah blah blah

Most atheists don't outright deny the existence of God, or god, or any other such deity, we just find it highly unbelievable and operate our lives accordingly. That is not a statement the same as "I deny the existence of god" or "there is god" both of those ask for proof. Outright denial means that a person would have to travel every millimeter of the universe and not find god, which is near impossible. On the other hand, "there is god" simply relies on God of the bible revealing himself, either by loud booming voice from the sky, pillar of fire, bush on fire, or however he wants to and say he lives. Considering that has yet to happen, I and many other lean towards the whole "doesn't exist" conclusion

May 30, 2012 at 8:54 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

got proof to support your side of the table?

Didn't think so

May 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
    • Failure to communicate

mind defining what would qualify as "proof" in your opinion please?

May 30, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

It's pretty sad that you cling to the Internet as your source of hope that somewhere out there in the world as what you want.And you prey on the weak but deny anything any educated person has on a subject.

You can hide behind a computer but claiming to be smart,having high IQ's does not make one smart.Stating poll numbers can't relate to every single human.

Keep denying the meaning of faith only makes it harder on you

May 30, 2012 at 9:17 pm |

@At death

Wow you really do have a problem with reading comprehension.

May 30, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

And you have a problem with accepting what faith actually means.

May 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm |
    • Failure to communicate

@death

you never answered my question, nor do you apparently understand what faith is either because you still cling to faith being a virtue, as if believing in something regardless of the mounds of evidence to the contrary is somehow a good thing that everyone should do.

May 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

And what is your definition of faith?

May 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

My definition? Actually I don't need my own definition as it's very clear in my own beliefs what faith actually means.As I said,Jesus already defined what faith means,maybe instead of demanding evidence,you should read it.

May 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Ok so your using a definition from a 2000 year old book of stories that was translated from copies of copies of translations of copies. Yea I'm real sure that one is accurate. I've read the bible many times, since I was raised in a christian home and went to a christian school.
      So you just project your definition onto everyone else regardless of what they think. You're still using dishonest arguments.

May 30, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

Ah,I was waiting for that excuse of "I was raised in Christian home and went to a Christian school".Oh and how can I forget the "2,000 year old book".The definition of faith as been the same in every era of mankind.You can try and disort the meaning of faith but it won't do you much.

Leave the "I was raised in a Christian home as a child" excuse out of this.And it's pretty evident now on why you cling to Christianity when the article is actually about Islam?

May 30, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

You brought up what Jesus supposedly said, and you dismiss the fact that I've read it before. Wow you really have no honest defense of your position do you. Words change meaning all the time, and to pretend that the word you like has never changed meanings is not only delusional, but downright idiotic.

May 30, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

and since you brought up your childhood life about being in that "Christian home" and "going to a Christian school" proves furthermore why you cling to Christianity the most.

May 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

What does that have to do with your blind assertions of what you accept as the definition of faith? You bring up Jesus, then say I'm the one clinging to christianity. If you brought up Mohammed, then I would've talked about that. If you brought up Buddha, I would've talked about that. You specifically brought up Jesus. Maybe you should actually try a coherent argument instead of dishonesty.

May 30, 2012 at 10:06 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

I brought up Jesus because you we were talking about faith.You asked my opinion on what faith means,THAT'S why I brought up Jesus.You than stated how you were raised in a Christian home and "knew" what the definition of faith meant but if you know soooooo well why did you even ask for my opinion?

Most atheists still believe the childish lies from their parents church friends etc that the bible never even said to do.Most don't read the bible now losing any education in the bible to basically what a child learns in Sunday school.Never actually further going in depth with the subject story etc.

If you want to make a assertion that you do in fact can remember every event in the bible down to last detail,I will be impressed.and that you can interpret every meaning there is in the bible.

Growing up with the bible does NOT mean you know everything there is to know about it

I'm the dishonest person here? If you studied lets say 10 years to decode the meanings of the bible I would listen but in this case,you provide "evidence" from what you were taught as a child.

Seems to me your the dishonest person

May 30, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

Yet when you firs brought up Jesus and faith, you tell me to read it, basically insinuating that you thought I've never read it. You then proceed to discount my response to your insinuation. But whatever, going back and forth on the whys of my past is useless.
      So instead let's just move one. What specific passages are you taking your definition of faith?

May 30, 2012 at 10:33 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

so what your telling me is,I should believe every word you claim to know about the bible because what you LEARNED as a child? What if you were taught the wrong thing? What than? I think it pretty much a total lie and scam that non-believers "know more" about the bible than believers do.

Interesting enough,most atheists or agnostics cling to the religion they grew up.

Jesus said to his early followers "Follow me and let the dead bury their own".Can you decode that meaning? how about the passage that shows believe by faith not by sight? How about when Jesus made a bold statement that believing in him is the only way to the father or heaven for that matter? How about with Job with all the tests that killed everything he loved? He still believed right?

Nothing has changed about the meaning.Whine all you want like a spoiled child but than again,education is not something you follow as you put that on everyone else but not yourself.

"growing up in a Christian home" does nothing.Boo hoo.Thats only one faith out the millions to billions that have create.Yet to this date,as your posts show,Christianity is what you cling to the most.

Your posts are excuses.

May 31, 2012 at 6:34 am |
    • AGuest9

"At death atheists believe". Perhaps some do, just as many believers repent in the 11th hour. I don't.

May 31, 2012 at 7:24 am |
    • HawaiiGuest

"Follow me and let the dead bury their own" could be a throwback to the thought that those who don't believe are already spiritually dead, but this goes against the call to defend the faith and spread the word, then again the bible does have many contradictions. There are many different types of faith talked about in the bible, and you are merely using the "belief without sight" type for what seems like convenience. Job and "believe in jesus" are irrelevant to the definition of faith, since faith and belief are two different things.

May 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

Hmmm.So you want to take the easy route but don't realize that's why you don't believe? Faith takes work.The relationship takes work.The commitment takes work.

Don't think because of science it makes it less easy.It doesn't.In the end the decision FALLS on your hands.

May 31, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

What easy route am I taking? And how does your post in any way address mine?

May 31, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

Proof right? A logical person requires proof but with faith it's not even like that.Sure everyone has a reason for believing whatever but some believe because of what they saw witnessed etc.

It takes more then just evidence because the other parts that are important would be ignored completely destroying the meaning of faith and obedience.If faith was that easy,there would be no point to faith! Just believing because you must.

May 31, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

It seems like you're saying that faith is a good thing, and that I would disagree with you. Especially if faith were required for any type of salvation.

May 31, 2012 at 8:10 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

I meant to write "and I will have to disagree with you".

May 31, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

Even you have faith whether you accept that or not.Nobody can escape that.

Just because you don't believe in any God or gods doesn't mean you escape having faith.Besides what science proved,everything else takes faith.Faith to know the way you live is right.Faith you really do know you aren't wrong

I really wanna see what lame excuse you come with up next that avoids what I have said

May 31, 2012 at 10:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You are very confused. It isn't "faith" you are talking about at all.

May 31, 2012 at 10:11 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

How about, you have no idea how I live my life, what I accept and don't accept, and the reasons for it. You continue to make an assertion about me that is unfounded and completely wrong. This shows your complete lack of honesty in a simple conversation and your close-minded stupidity. Perhaps when you can actually hold some kind of rational and honest conversation, I'll reply to you again, but until then it's a complete waste of time. Think what you want about me, but it doesn't change the fact that you are wrong, and using a completely arbitrary and malleable definition of the word "faith" to fit what you want at any given time.

May 31, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

It's funny.You hate being told you are wrong yet you tell me I'm wrong?

I think you are in some serious denial.Of course I don't know you.I do know everyone has faith in whatever they put it in God or no God.

June 1, 2012 at 7:01 am |
  7. HawaiiGuest

@Nii

Avoiding answering the question lessens your own credibility.
    "There are differences, but you have to think a certain way to see it."

May 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
    • sam stone

Nii? Credibility? Puhleeeeze

May 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
    • Nii

HAWAII
      I just as u can't sit on this page throughout the day. I'm not avoiding any question.
      You don't have to be a Jew or xtian but u do have to be interested in such things as what makes a Jew different from Xtian. Lumping us all together is selective blindness which blurs ur understanding.

May 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
  8. birch please

Not a single christian can give an objective answer to the following question: Why is christianity right and other religions are wrong? Not why it is better but strictly why it is correct.

May 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
    • C'mon Bro

That hilarious, apparently you haven't looked very hard. There's a plethora of reasons and it's not as simple to sum it up in a paragraph or two. If you have a brain and the ability to be honest about things (which is highly questionable), then search for the answers yourself using real historical facts and not random people's opinions.

I don't know about you but I think listening to random commentors for facts is utterly stupid, a quick glance at the comments on here shows how factually inaccurate many people are. That right there makes your intelligence questionable. Do research on your own and be honest with yourself, asking a question on a random CNN blog where people only bicker just proves your bias and lack of intelligence, unless ofcourse you were trying to make a statement to make yourself feel smarter than you really are.

May 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
    • birch please

"There's a plethora of reasons" I am asking for just one.

May 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
    • Yup

@birch

LOL you really are a moron.

May 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • birch please

"LOL you really are a moron." thats exactly what jesus would say lol..... Actually I am really curious to how you a christian answer that question. Apparently you can't and that is rather odd since it should be one of the first questions you ask before having "faith" in something over another. There is nothing more dangerous then blind faith.

May 30, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Too Funny

birch,

google is your friend, you should try using it. Claiming superiority of intelligence because someone doesn't answer such a silly question is a sign of weakness and stupidity.

May 30, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • birch please

The only reason the question is silly is because you do not have an answer.

May 30, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • James

just to wet your whistle birchyp00

I'm sure you'll automatically dismiss everything like all you atheists do, and that's your choice, but your stupid statement of "name just one reason, no Christian ever can" is absolutely laughable. It does however show that you are quite the ignoramous who probably thinks too highly of him/herself when in reality you produce nothing of value.

May 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • James

birch

Do you really think a question that elementary and simple is something that hasn't been asked a million times before? I mean it's astounding that you somehow think your question brings anything new or intelligent to the debate. That was one of the first questions I asked myself when trying to figure out what I believe in life and what the Truth is.

May 30, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • Answer

Religion is for idiots.

All you zealots think that yours is the 'one'. Can't even wrap your head around the facts that your own religion is just as silly and retarded but you have to defend it because without it your life is just a sham.

May 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • birch please

James, have you used the same to disprove other religions or just found pieces that fit the bible and left it at that. Im sure you can do the exact thing for other religious texts that completely contradict the bible.

May 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
    • Jim

@Answer,

Angry much? Think your comment shows whose life is really the sham. Btw atheism is a belief system as well. You can deny it all you want but it doesn't change the fact that it is.

May 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
    • Huebert

@james

Is not believing in faeries a belief system too?

May 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
    • Answer

@Jim

Hmm.. it's not you really have a point, but using insults. Congrats.

What is our belief then? Does your tv have a "OFF" channel? What does that channel play?

May 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • James

birch,

As has already been stated by c'mon bro, There's TONS of data and detail to sift through. Not like it's a simple topic so how about you go do some real research by yourself and make up your own mind. Btw I checked out all sites from atheist/Christian/Muslim, etc and read counter points to counter points and so on. Stop relying on random people for answers hoping that you can trip them up to suddenly validate your belief, or lack thereof, and make yourself feel smart.

Research from all sides and make up your own mind. It's your decision and nobody elses. The Truth will set you free.

May 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
    • J.W

Just because it isnt a religion does not mean it is not a belief. I can have a belief that the Boston Celtics are the all time greatest sports franchise even though that belief does not require a god.

May 30, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
    • Answer

@JW

The core premise of religious nuts is to put the insufferable response of atheists as having a belief system so they can establish that with such a belief system that it may lead to a god. Like the god of money and god of lust and etc ...

Their minds can not comprehend why we reject them for their delusions of a deity. They are just too sad to not realize that the true intent of the word atheist.

May 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • J.W

Perhaps that is true. It is just such an annoying argument. By that explanation I guess I can understand where you are coming from. I don't believe that atheists are trying to create any sort of god for themselves. I just think of an atheism as a belief but not a religion.

May 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • birch please

Yes believing that man kind does not have the answer at the moment is a "belief"... The more you know the less you know.

May 30, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

one must choose.One cannot follow any religion without giving it a thought on why..if they don't,that means they don't really believe. To me I like studying other religions,that doesn't mean I'll believe them.atheists whine about how dangerous religion is yet..They want others to decide for them? How stupid can one get? They need humans to decide what to follow? They don't know faith very well..How sad

May 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
    • Seamus1603

For me, the highest morality is that of tolerance.

That said, I feel that far too many atheists accept or propagate the idea that atheism is the same as nihilism. Atheism is the denial or disbelief in a supreme power. Nihilism is a lack of beliefs. Similarly, atheism is not the same as agnosticism. Atheism is denial of a supreme being, agnosticism is acknowledgement that we don't know. But even 'we don't know' is a belief as much as 'we know' is a belief.

I happen to agree with the many here that recognize that atheism is a set of beliefs. I believe in many things, one of which is that denying that atheism is a belief shows a lack of understanding of what atheism is. You cannot deny the existence of something without belief.

Those who claim that atheism is not a belief also do a disservice to all other atheists. They play right into the hands of religious believers who love to conflate atheism and nihilism and use that link as evidence that atheists cannot have any code of morality. I do believe, and I do have a code of morality. When examining Christianity (religion I have most experience with), I generally find that Christian beliefs are lacking compared to my own moral code. To deny the existence of belief in atheists means either a) you are a nihilist, or b) you see your beliefs as 'fact', which is one of the biggest moral issues I have with organized religion. T

May 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
    • At death atheists believe

That moral code was from your parents etc.How would an atheist know right from wrong when NOBODY but themselves have control over that?

What if your right turned out to be wrong? Moral code?

Everyone does evil.How dare an atheist bring up "moral code" when their hands aren't clean either. Most if not all comes from the belief they grew up with..humans fail they also are human.

June 2, 2012 at 9:48 am |
  9. Nii

HEY
    Basically the so-called Abrahamic religions are called such for their belief in ethical monotheism not the same deity. Deity-wise only Xtianity and Judaism worship YHWH. Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Moslems, and Scientologists as well as Christian Scientists worship essentially a different God.

May 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • HawaiiGuest

WOW, talk about delusion. Mormons use the same bible + something added in later (not by any means the first time the bible has been added to). And I don't how you think christian scientists don't worship the same god as other christians.

May 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • birch please

If your book has abraham in it at some early point it is the same god, you can delude yourself all you want but its all the same "IDEA".

May 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • Nii

HAAWAI
      I usually don't discuss the fine points of theology with amateurs. However the other ethical monotheistic religions' concepts of God have stark differences to that of Judaism and Xtianity which u can't see unless u r prepared to learn them. The differences r not just names!

May 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
    • Nii

BIRCH
      You can say if your religion has India in its books then u r Hindu. Do u know what u'll end up with? Simplifications are not for theological debate!
      Abraham is not the central idea! Th central idea is an ethical divine being who creates beings with a moral dillema. The rest is quite unique.

May 30, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
    • Huebert

@Nii

All of the religions you mentioned claim to follow the god of Abraham. The details of how they follow this particular god vary greatly but Mormon's, Muslims, and Christian Scientist all claim the same god.

May 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • Huebert

*all claim the same god as Jews and Christians.

Sorry left off that last part.

May 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
    • ME II

@Nii,
      Unless I'm misreading this, the Koran disagrees with you in that it, says specifically to Jews and Christians, "...our God and your God is one..."

"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, 'We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.'
      (29:46)

May 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • ME II

"I usually don't discuss the fine points of theology with amateurs."
      So you are a professional theologian?

May 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • birch please

Me II, you didnt know that sitting in a chair and having a single religious text paraphrased for you makes you a professional theologian? lol

May 30, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • Nii

I do have a certificate in theology from a seminary as I am a Minister but back to the issue.
      The Quran is not one verse or two. Contextual reading considers the whole. The Quran is also contained in a book with the Muslim Bible. It contains the Muslim Law, Gospel and Psalms and of course Quran.

May 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
    • Hey Zeus!

@Nii
      “Basically the so-called Abrahamic religions are called such for their belief in ethical monotheism not the same deity.”

No they are not. They are called Abrahamic religions because their roots all trace back to the same Abraham. The very same Abraham that was willing to kill his son at his god’s request. They all share the same story of their god pulling the universe out of his ass in 6 days, and Adam and Eve being its first inhabitants. They also share the stories of Moses. The stories of Noah and the flood myth are also told in all three books of fables. The list goes on and on Nii, and if I thought it would make any difference to you or any other closed-minded theist, I would continue to list them, but I’ve presented enough to prove my point.

All three have their differences and that’s not up for debate, but saying that it’s not the same god is simply be disingenuous to yourself because deep down, you know what I’m saying is true, you just can’t accept it because your religious programming won’t allow you to.

May 31, 2012 at 7:18 am |
  10. Edwin

Since they DID provide public notice, they should definitely appeal this judge's ruling. Clearly the judge was looking for ANY reason whatsoever to block the development, which he probably did not want for personal religious reasons (or maybe because he received death threats from 'good decent christians' who have demonstrated a willingness to commit crimes to block this one house of worship).

May 30, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
    • Me II

The first sentence made sense. The rest sounds like pure speculation.

May 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  11. mb2010a

Damned Republican Judges...

May 30, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  12. Fred

It is interesting. People applaud the law when it gets them what they want, but when the court ruling is against them and they can not get what they want the decry the law of the land.

May 30, 2012 at 11:17 am |
  13. Rational Libertarian

Did this idiot judge ever hear of the Establishment Clause? This is blatantly unconst itutional!

May 30, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • ch-ch-ch-chia

read the full story libertard

May 30, 2012 at 8:34 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

I did, chi-c unt. The judge is clutching at straws, and the straw is the lack of public notice, even though the planning decision was advertised in a local paper, 'nuff said. It's more advertisement than the the Vogons gave humanity before they destroyed the Earth to install a hyperspace bypass.

Muslims have the right to practice their religion as much as anybody else.

May 30, 2012 at 8:48 am |
    • Primewonk

Cha-cha- But I thought libertard was your pet name for us liberals? You know libertarians and liberals are different things, right?

May 30, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • ME II

There was no decision denying anyone the right to worship. This was about construction.

I agree that the reason seemed rather flimsy, but I doubt it's unconsti.tutional.

May 30, 2012 at 9:32 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

They can't properly worship without a mosque. Definitely a flimsy excuse.

May 30, 2012 at 9:36 am |
    • ME II

"They can't properly worship without a mosque."

First I've heard of that.

May 30, 2012 at 9:39 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

I'm pretty sure that for at least one prayer of the daily required five should be conducted at a mosque if possible. I'm not sure though.

Still though, you could argue the same that Christians don't require churches and Jews don't require synagogues to worship. It certainly impedes worship though, whatever way you look at it.

May 30, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Topher

Christians don't have to have churches. Going to church won't save you.

May 30, 2012 at 11:04 am |
    • LD

I dont know much about the koran but when I was in Dubai and the prayer bells sounded people just stopped where they were and prayed others payed it no attention at all. I guess that goes to show there are varying degrees of faith in all religions.

May 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • J.W

What if your church wanted to build a new building, but a judge stepped in and told you you could not. Would you just say well thats okay we dont need a church?

May 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  14. Kalessin

Sounds like a judge over reaching with his powers.

May 30, 2012 at 7:47 am |
  15. mikstov33

Sorta like asking permission for a Jewish temple in Iran.Murfreesboro aint to far from Pulaski......

May 30, 2012 at 7:19 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Iran doesn't have a clear separation of church and state enshrined in its const itution.

May 30, 2012 at 8:27 am |
  16. Reality

A simpler and safer solution for all concerned:

ONLY FOR NEW MEMBERS OFTHIS BLOG:

From the studies of Armstrong, Rushdie, Hirsi Ali, Richardson and Bayhaqi----–

The Five Steps To Deprogram 1400 Years of Islamic Myths:

( –The Steps take less than two minutes to finish- simply amazing, two minutes to bring peace and rationality to over one billion lost souls- Priceless!!!)

Are you ready?

Using "The 77 Branches of Islamic "faith" a collection compiled by Imam Bayhaqi as a starting point. In it, he explains the essential virtues that reflect true "faith" (iman) through related Qur’anic verses and Prophetic sayings." i.e. a nice summary of the Koran and Islamic beliefs.

The First Five of the 77 Branches:

"1. Belief in Allah"

aka as God, Yahweh, Zeus, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc. should be added to your self-cleansing neurons.

"2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah Most High created these things and subsequently they came into existence."

Evolution and the Big Bang or the "Gi-b G-nab" (when the universe starts to recycle) are more plausible and the "akas" for Allah should be included if you continue to be a "crea-tionist".

"3. To believe in the existence of angels."

A major item for neuron cleansing. Angels/de-vils are the mythical creations of ancient civilizations, e.g. Hitt-ites, to explain/define natural events, contacts with their gods, big birds, sudden winds, protectors during the dark nights, etc. No "pretty/ug-ly wingy thingies" ever visited or talked to Mohammed, Jesus, Mary or Joseph or Joe Smith. Today we would classify angels as f–airies and "tin–ker be-lls". Modern de-vils are classified as the de-mons of the de-mented.

"4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore."

Another major item to delete. There are no books written in the spirit state of Heaven (if there is one) just as there are no angels to write/publish/distribute them. The Koran, OT, NT etc. are simply books written by humans for humans.

Prophets were invented by ancient scribes typically to keep the un-educated masses in line. Today we call them for-tune tellers.

Prophecies are also invali-dated by the natural/God/Allah gifts of Free Will and Future.

"5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings
    be upon him) alone."

Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave before his first contact with Allah aka God etc. via a "pretty wingy thingy". Common sense demands a neuron deletion of #5. #5 is also the major source of Islamic vi-olence i.e. turning Mohammed's "fast, hunger-driven" hallu-cinations into horrible reality for unbelievers.

Walk these Five Steps and we guarantee a complete recovery from your Islamic ways!!!!

Unfortunately, there are not many Muslim commentators/readers on this blog so the "two-minute" cure is not getting to those who need it. If you have a Muslim friend, send him a copy and help save the world.

Analogous steps are available at your request for deprogramming the myths of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism..

May 30, 2012 at 6:59 am |
    • !

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (John 8:44)

May 30, 2012 at 8:05 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

People who quote Biblical passages instead of engaging in meaningful debate are mentally retarded (Rational 8:16)

May 30, 2012 at 8:16 am |
    • Reality

From Professor Bruce Chilton in his book, Rabbi Jesus,

"Conventionally, scholarship has accorded priority to the first three gospels in historical work on Jesus, putting progressively less credence in works of late date. John's Gospel for example is routinely dismissed as a source......

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John#Authorship

"Since "the higher criticism" of the 19th century, some historians have largely rejected the gospel of John as a reliable source of information about the historical Jesus.[3][4] "[M]ost commentators regard the work as anonymous,"[5] and date it to 90-100."

"The authorship has been disputed since at least the second century, with mainstream Christianity believing that the author is John the Apostle, son of Zebedee. Modern experts usually consider the author to be an unknown non-eyewitness, though many apologetic Christian scholars still hold to the conservative Johannine view that ascribes authorship to John the Apostle."

And from Professor Gerd Ludemann, in his book, Jesus After 2000 Years, p. 416,

"Anyone looking for the historical Jesus will not find him in the Gospel of John. "

See also http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/john.html

May 30, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • LD

@ Rational Libertarian: People who believe Ron Paul can be President are mentally unstable.

May 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • Edwin

Reality: you are really twisted and confused. Why would anyone who believes in a religion read a post like this and suddenly "realize" they were wrong? You present a long, convoluted diatribe which I admit I only skimmed, but it appears you don't believe that muslims are right... so you try to "prove" they are wrong in a few paragraphs, mostly by simply stating they are wrong.

If you assume your words are somehow magical, aren't you asking others to take on faith *your* power, much like others expect people to take on faith the words of their prophet or bible?

May 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
    • Reality

Only for the those interested in a religious update:
      1. origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

“New Torah For Modern Minds

Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions – the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years – have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity – until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine docu-ment. “

prob•a•bly
      Adverb: Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

2. Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations (or “mythicizing” from P, M, M, L and J) and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Ludemann, Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.

earlychristianwritings.com/theories.html

For added "pizzazz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "filicider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedophiliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!

2 b., Luther, Calvin, Joe Smith, Henry VIII, Wesley, Roger Williams, the Great “Babs” et al, founders of Christian-based religions or combination religions also suffered from the belief in/hallucinations of "pretty wingie thingie" visits and "prophecies" for profits analogous to the myths of Catholicism (resurrections, apparitions, ascensions and immacu-late co-nceptions).

Current problems:
      Adulterous preachers, pedophiliac clerics, "propheteering/ profiteering" evangelicals and atonement theology,

3. Mohammed was an illiterate, womanizing, lust and greed-driven, warmongering, hallucinating Arab, who also had embellishing/hallucinating/plagiarizing scribal biographers who not only added "angels" and flying chariots to the koran but also a militaristic agenda to support the plundering and looting of the lands of non-believers.

This agenda continues as shown by the ma-ssacre in Mumbai, the as-sas-sinations of Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh, the conduct of the seven Muslim doctors in the UK, the 9/11 terrorists, the 24/7 Sunni suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the 24/7 Shiite suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the Islamic bombers of the trains in the UK and Spain, the Bali crazies, the Kenya crazies, the Pakistani “koranics”, the Palestine suicide bombers/rocketeers, the Lebanese nutcases, the Taliban nut jobs, the Ft. Hood follower of the koran, and the Filipino “koranics”.

And who funds this muck and stench of terror? The warmongering, Islamic, Shiite terror and torture theocracy of Iran aka the Third Axis of Evil and also the Sunni "Wannabees" of Saudi Arabia.

Current crises:

The global Sunni-Shiite blood feud and the warmongering, womanizing (11 wives), hallucinating founder.

4. Hinduism (from an online Hindu site) – "Hinduism cannot be described as an organized religion. It is not founded by any individual. Hinduism is God centered and therefore one can call Hinduism as founded by God, because the answer to the question ‘Who is behind the eternal principles and who makes them work?’ will have to be ‘Cosmic power, Divine power, God’."

The caste/laborer system, reincarnation and cow worship/reverence are problems when saying a fair and rational God founded Hinduism."

Current problems:

The caste system, reincarnation and cow worship/reverence.

5. Buddhism- "Buddhism began in India about 500 years before the birth of Christ. The people living at that time had become disillusioned with certain beliefs of Hinduism including the caste system, which had grown extremely complex. The number of outcasts (those who did not belong to any particular caste) was continuing to grow."

"However, in Buddhism, like so many other religions, fanciful stories arose concerning events in the life of the founder, Siddhartha Gautama (fifth century B.C.):"

Archaeological discoveries have proved, beyond a doubt, his historical character, but apart from the legends we know very little about the circu-mstances of his life. e.g. Buddha by one legend was supposedly talking when he came out of his mother's womb.

Bottom line: There are many good ways of living but be aware of the hallucinations, embellishments, lies, and myths surrounding the founders and foundations of said rules of life.

Then, apply the Five F rule: "First Find the Flaws, then Fix the Foundations". And finally there will be religious peace and religious awareness in the world!!!!!

May 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  17. hamsta

We didnt allow hindu temples during ww2 either. good for you judge.

May 30, 2012 at 6:41 am |
    • Reality

References to support your claim?

May 30, 2012 at 6:56 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

Becuase Hindus are known for their violent sects the blow up buildings?
      Hindus throughout the world are suffering at the hands of Christian terrorist groups like the Manmasi National Christian Army and the National Liberation Front of Tripura, who force Hindus to convert at gun point and are known to encourage the murder of Hindu children.

May 30, 2012 at 8:03 am |
    • ME II

Hindu temples? Were we at war with India? ...perhaps you mean Buddhist temples?

May 30, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • ME II

... or Shinto?

May 30, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • sam stone

what do hindus have to do with ww2?

May 30, 2012 at 9:50 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

There probably were Buddhist temples allowed to be built, but no J apanese left to attend them because the government of our beloved FDR saw that it was reasonable to intern J apanese-Americans simply because of their race.

May 30, 2012 at 9:54 am |
  18. Hey Zeus!

@Joxer

the funny thing about it is that it's the same god.

May 30, 2012 at 6:25 am |
    • Topher

No it is not! That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard so far today. (But it is still early.)

May 30, 2012 at 10:59 am |
    • ME II

@Topher,
      You may claim different things about "your God," but don't both religions claim to worship the same god as Abraham, along with the first/third Abrahamic religion, Judaism?

May 30, 2012 at 11:15 am |
    • Topher

Hi, ME II

It certainly has that appearance, I understand, but if you read about the teaching of each, they are clearly not the same god. If that were true, you could lump Mormonism in there.

May 30, 2012 at 11:24 am |
    • Huebert

@Topher

So do you believe that there is more than one god?

May 30, 2012 at 11:45 am |
    • Topher

Huebert
      No. There's only one God. But there's plenty of false gods that people worship.

May 30, 2012 at 11:52 am |
    • Hey Zeus!

You need to study religion topher. The god of Christianity, is also the god of Judaism, and Islam. I know you don’t like it and think it’s ridiculous, but it’s the truth.

May 30, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Topher

Hey Zeus!

You need to study it. Ask a Jew if Allah is who they worship. Or a Muslim if the Jewish God is the same as Allah. Of course they're not. I know they seem to be the same because of the disagreements over the children of Abraham, but that doesn't mean the people hold them as the same.

May 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • ME II

@Topher,
      "Or a Muslim if the Jewish God is the same as Allah."
      Actually, I think it says this in the Koran. I may be wrong, but I think Islam claims to be a restoration of the only true Abrahamic religion, that was proclaimed by Moses, Jesus, and finally Mohammed.
      Actually, much like Mormons, I think.

You may disagree with how they describe God and how one is suppose to worship Him/Her, but they all claim to follow the God of Abraham.

May 30, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • Nii

ME II
      Judaism n Xtianity r syncretic in nature. Islam isnt syncretic with either though de teachings r similar. Islamic clergy hold Xtians n Jews as Apostates. Something no Jew or Xtian wud say of de other! Its a clerical matter more than doctrinal. Doctrine wise the Quran is more rationalistic.

May 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • Hey Zeus!

@Nii

No one is debating what the followers believe, or how they behave, or even what they believe. The topic here is that all three of the Abrahamic religions worship the same deity.

May 30, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
    • Nii

HEY
      I answered for u but maybe u need further explanation. The God of the Bible at face value is Allah(Eli is the Yiddish spelling for same). However the attribues for the Moslem Allah is different. And He has no proper name. Like the Judaeo-Xtian Allah. Allah means God n u can fill in the blanks!

May 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • Nii

The 1st Commandment for Jews n Xtians is "Yahweh is One, U shall worship Him with all ur being"!
      The Muslims say,"There is no god but God and Muhammad is His Prophet"!
      The name YHWH 'll never b considered de name of their god neither is he of humanoid form like YHWH or a compound being like YHWH.

May 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • ME II

@Nii,
      This seems to fall under the "distinction without a difference" category. You say it is the same god but the attributes are different.

May 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • Nii

ME II
      the rest is up! Also there is a clear distinction. You can claim any God is the one true god but u can't claim any God is Yahweh. Yahweh is a proper name. It is the name of the Judaeo-Xtian God. Jesus in Xtian Arabic is Yasua. In Islam it is Issah to avoid the mention of Yahweh!

May 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  19. Jimmy G.

So one box of screeching crazy people are not enjoying the proximity of a different box of screeching crazy people.

Crazy people yelling at each other, hating each other's religion yet they are all insane.
    Crazy people should not have the right to force their craziness on others, even if the others are crazy too.
    That's called freedom of "religion" and this sort of nonsense is the result.

May 30, 2012 at 5:42 am |
  20. chosen2

Muslins do not know the way. Jesus is the way!
    Jesus Christ = The power and wisdom of God.
    Get some free water @ http://www.chosen2salvation.net

May 30, 2012 at 4:56 am |
    • Joxer the Mighty

In other words, my God is better than your God.

May 30, 2012 at 5:34 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

chosen2

You're so right. Muslin is evil. I prefer silk and satin.

May 30, 2012 at 8:14 am |
    • sam stone

"Eeee's not the messiah....eee's a naughty little boy" – life of brian

May 30, 2012 at 9:53 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

"There's no mess-eye-er in here, there's a bloody mess alright".

May 30, 2012 at 9:55 am |