home
RSS
June 8th, 2012

Argentinian man's relatives battle over transfusion

By Rafael Romo, CNN

(CNN) -Relatives of a 38-year-old Argentinian man are fighting a legal battle over whether his religious beliefs should be allowed to trump doctors' recommendations that he be given a blood transfusion.

The life of Pablo Albarracini may hang in the balance.

Since early May, when he was shot six times during a robbery in which he was the victim, Albarracini has been hospitalized in critical condition in Buenos Aires. Though he was in a coma initially, that is no longer the case.

"He's not at risk of dying, but he could be at any moment in the event of some complication," said Jorge Albarracini about his son.

"Thank God that hasn't happened yet. But he needs to undergo several surgeries that will need blood. So I'm worried about the future. In three months or more, when they want to take the bullets out of his head and hip, which they have to do, they're going to think twice."

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

The father said he is seeking to have a court void a will signed four years ago by his son that said he would not want any blood transfusions.

The patient's wife, Romina Carnevale, is also a Jehovah's Witness.

She has said she wants her husband's desires to be followed, regardless of the possible consequences.

Argentina's Supreme Court has ruled in her favor.

"A judicial ruling allowing an adult to be subjected to a medical treatment against his will would not be constitutionally justifiable,"the high court said. "Especially if the patient's will has been signed with his full knowledge and understanding and it doesn't affect others."

Some ethicists would argue that saving the patient's life should be paramount; international declarations of human rights have concluded the same, said Roberto Cambarieri of the Favaloro Foundation on Bioethics in Buenos Aires. "In this case, the Supreme Court has chosen to give priority to the principle of free will," he said.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

The conflict has heated in Argentina, especially after the death last month of another Jehovah's Witness who refused a blood transfusion.

The 35-year-old woman had pneumonia and died after 15 days in a hospital in northern Argentina.

In Britain in 2010, a 15-year-old who was hit by a car died after he did not receive a transfusion. The hospital said it had no right to override the minor's parental issues.

Last week in Australia, a court ordered a 4-year-old girl with leukemia to get a blood transfusion, despite opposition from the child's parents.

The church cites Acts 15:28-29 in the Bible, which says, "For the Holy Spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper."

The order that the Argentinian man's wishes be followed did not surprise Robert Veatch, a professor of medical ethics at the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University in Washington.

"We recognize the high value that we place on the rights of competent adults to be self-determining," he said. "As long as he didn't have children whose interests were seriously jeopardized, we would routinely, in Western medical ethics, make the same decision that the Argentine court made, which is to honor the patient's right of refusal."

But the court's reasoning may change in cases where children are involved, he said. "The logic is that, when you take on the duty of being a parent, you have certain responsibilities," Veatch said.

"You have to feed the child, you have to provide decent housing to the child, and if refusal of a medical treatment would lead to death, that - at least in some cases - has led the courts to say your duty to take care of your child overrides your right to refuse treatment."

And patients' desires may be disregarded in cases where they are considered incompetent.

"If a patient were mentally deranged while refusing treatment, then the patient would not be competent and wouldn't have the right to make decisions either for or against treatment," he said.

Though Albarracini has left explicit instructions, a patient's wishes are often absent. In such cases, the decision is typically left to the next of kin. In Albarracini's case, that would be his wife, Veatch said. It would be up to the court to determine whether the next
of kin is acting maliciously or unreasonably, he said.

Though the matter is under Argentinian law, "it would come out the same way in the United States," said George Annas, professor of health law, bioethics and human rights at Boston University.

"The next of kin, which is his spouse, is the person to make the decisions," he said. "Her job would be to try to make the same decision he would make if he could talk for himself. That would be the way the case should come out. Since he's not a child any more, his father really doesn't have any decision-making authority at all over him."

CNN's Tom Watkins contributed to this report.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

June 10, 2012 at 6:48 am |
    • Jesus

~Prayer doesn’t not; you are such a LIAR. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

June 11, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  2. Dani3l

This is so simple. No one should be compelled to accept medical care without their consent. In this case, the patient had made a specific provision to state that he does not wish to receive blood transfusions, as these are contrary to his conscience as informed by his faith. His decision does also affect his family but his wife shares his faith, knows his wishes and wants them to be respected. That is how it should be, period.

June 10, 2012 at 12:03 am |
  3. Kindness

Kindness
    For you.
    A thought to consider without an ego response

Accept Jesus christ as your lord and saviour. You never know how soon is too late. Transcend the worldly illusion of enslavement.
    The world denounces truth....

Accepting Jesus Christ (for me) resulted in something like seeng a new colour. You will see it .....but will not be able to clearly explain it to anyone else..... Its meant to be that way to transend any selfism within you.

Also... much the world arranges "surrounding dark matter into something to be debated" in such a way that protects/inflates the ego.

The key is be present and transcend our own desire to physically see evidence. We don't know anyways by defending our own perception of dark matter.

Currently.... most of us are constructing our own path that suits our sin lifestyle. Were all sinners. Knowing that we are is often an issue. But both christians and non are sinners.

We don't like to Let go and let god. We want control to some degree. This is what Jesus asks us to do. "Follow me".
    It's the hardest thing to do... but is done by letting the truth of scripture lead you (redemptive revelation)... as I said .

Try reading corinthians and see if it makes sense to you. Try it without a pre conceived notion of it being a fairy tale.
    See the truth...
    do we do what it says in todays society... is it relevant... so many have not recently read and only hinge their philosophy on what they have heard from som other person...which may have been full of arogance pride or vanity..

Look closely at the economy ponzi, look at how society idolizes Lust , greed , envy, sloth, pride of life, desire for knowledge, desire for power, desire for revencge,gluttony with food etc .

Trancsend the temporal world.

Just think if you can find any truth you can take with you ....in any of these things. When you die your riches go to someone who will spend away your life..... You will be forgotten.... history will repeat iteslf.... the greatest minds knowledge fade or are eventually plagerzed..... your good deeds will be forgotten and only give you a fleeting temporary reward . your learned teachings are forgotten or mutated..... your gold is transfered back to the rullers that rule you through deception. Your grave will grow over . This is truth .

Trancsend your egoism and free yourself from this dominion of satan. Understand you are a sinner and part of the collective problem of this worldly matrix... Repent.... Repent means knowing (to change) The Holy spirit (within) will convict you beyond what you think you can do by yourself. Grace is given to those who renounce the world. That are" in" the world but not "of " the world.

Evidence follows faith. Faith does not follow evidence..... Faith above reason in Jesus Christ.

Faith comes by Reading or Hearing the word of god from the bible . Ask Jesus in faith for dicernment and start reading the new testament... You will be shocked when you lay down your preconceived notions and ....see and hear truth ... see how christ sets an example ... feel the truth....

Read Ecclesiastes. Read corinthians.

You cant trancend your own egoism by adapting a world philosophy to suit your needs. Seek the truth in Christ.

Sell all your cleverness and purchase true bewilderment. You don't get what you want ....you get what you are in christ.

I promise this has been the truth for me. In Jesus christ .

Think of what you really have to lose. ...your ego?

Break the Matrix of illusion that holds your senses captive.

once you do . you too will have the wisdom of God that comes only through the Holy Spirit. Saved By grace through Faith. Just like seeing a new colour.... can't explain it to a transient caught in the matrix of worldly deception.
    You will also see how the world suppresses this information and distorts it

You're all smart people . I tell the truth. Its hard to think out of the box when earthly thinking is the box.
    I'ts a personal free experience you can do it free anytime . Don't wait till you are about to die.. START PUTTING YOUR TREASURES WHERE THEY REALLY MATTER >
    Its awsome and It's just between you and Jesus

my testimony

June 9, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
    • SkepticOne

SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

June 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
  4. Believe, but be Careful

"In sacrificing to idols, the most common practice was killing animals (in most cases) by STRANGLING (specially goats and sheep) and POURING their BLOOD in the altar."

It is most likely that the blood mentioned in the verse was from ANIMAL'S, NOT human's.

Think again, lives maybe SAVED, the next one might be yours.

June 9, 2012 at 10:21 pm |
  5. HotAirAce

While I believe anyone that does anything because The Babble (or any similar book of mythical bulsh!t) says (actually or alledgedly) so should be declared mentally incompetent, his will should stand, if for no other reason than improving the global gene pool.

June 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm |
  6. Jay

And i'll just close on this note... IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S SUICIDE BOMBING!!!!!! Now THATS a religion to have problems with!

June 9, 2012 at 8:42 pm |
  7. Jay

@ Mike

Youre very welcome. As two people who lost someone regarding this issue of faith, theres no need to argue. I pray that God gives you peace.

June 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm |
  8. Jay

@Mike.

My dad was a JW. He died this past november (2011) on THANKSGIVING DAY. Drs said he need a transfusion. My brother and i fought over what to do. I sided with my dad on his FREEDOM OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!

June 9, 2012 at 8:24 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

As you should have. People have the right to die for their beliefs that bring them peace. Same with the "right to die" folks. If religious people can decide to die for their beliefs (not wanting blood transfusions) then atheists should be able to decide to die for their beliefs.

June 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
    • mike

yeah but your dad's cult said he couldn't stand up when the flag of the country that gave that liiberty goes by him, and don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, look it up

June 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
    • Jay

Mike, My dad was a former military man and served in Korea. He was a firefighter 30 years and helped on 9/11! He knew VERY well about liberty and freedom. His beliefs taught him to put trust in God's government and not man's.

Man's governments have nothing but a record of failure. FACT.

June 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
  9. DTrent

Good on the hospitals that respect a person's right to refuse certain treatments over others. I wonder if doctors, hospitals & judges realize that they can be sued if they force a certain kind of treatment on a patient? They also cannot guarantee a person will live if they eat blood via a transfusion.

As for 1975 doesn't the Bible say that "NO ONE knows the day and hour" but God Himself? – Matt. 24:36.
    If a specific date was ever really given could it have been speculation? Or just a few people saw it that way? As knowledge increased during these last days wasn't more light shown on that? Don't JW's humbly make adjustments in their thinking as time goes by? It's a shame that some people have given up when things don't go the way they want them to. But doesn't that show that they were only serving God up to a certain date instead of forever? And doesn't it also 'weed out' those whose hearts may not have been aright with Him?

June 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm |
    • mike

they lied plain and simple, it is not something I believed, it is something they purported as truth.........a lie is a lie

June 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
    • mike

If they lied about 1975 and countless other dates, you have to ask what else can they lie about and explain away. Think really Think that through, and then ask them who they say Jesus is. Even Jesus told us this is the way you can discern the truth, "who do they say that I am" JW just a man and brother of lucifier at that.................you decide and look it up if you think I am making it up

June 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm |
    • Jay

You my friend are correct. They are GOOD people.

June 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm |

@Mike.

They didnt "LIE". they had a misunderstanding of scripture and they acknowledged that.

June 9, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
    • mike

But wait they told me in 75 that they had the pure translation,,,,,,,so which one is it, are they getting it right or not? I say one lie is still a lie

June 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
    • Jay

Like i said.. No one said JWs were infallible. But when they are wrong, they freely admit to it.

June 9, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
  10. Jay

I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness. But it is total IGNORANCE and LYING for people to make all kinds of false claims about them when most won't even TALK to them!!!!

June 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm |
    • mike

Well I am one of the well informed having been in that cult, and first hand saw its devastation on my family. So don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, I lived it first hand.
      Maybe they can fool you but I know what I experienced you can't refute that..........

June 9, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
    • mike

At least my statements come from an informed experience, the pain you think you can ascertain, is actually something you can't posess with your theories, I have a great deal of compassion for others, and don't want to see them deluded and lied and shamed by this religion. I was able to get out of it but not without great loss, and I don't want others to experience the same. So don'[t bother me with your eruidite acertions, about what you think is my experience, it is all out there for yolu to read, and see what they really believe

Jesus is the living son of God and my savior,,,,,,signing off and praying for your delusion

June 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm |
    • All-Caps

@Jay

Your FIRST WORD had just made yourself fall in the category of the THIRD word of you statement.

June 9, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
    • Jay

Well let me clarify. Im not, but my family is.

June 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
    • mike

Then Jay I sincerely pray for you from the depths of my compassion and experience.

June 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • Jay

And I you my friend. I truly am sorry for the pain you've suffered.

June 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm |

June 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
    • mickey1313

My grandmother's sister is jw. My grandma had a condition that makes her not produce certain blood cells, this to live she needs monthly transfusions. Her sister has the balls to say that she is tainting her soul. That is evil. Share is effectively telling her sister she should die. She has lived for years since, and doesn't talk to her lony sister any more

June 10, 2012 at 1:50 am |
  11. mike

See no one is responding or wasting their time, so go away you heartless JW's you killed my family and that truth can never change

June 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
    • Jay

JWs didn't kill your family. Stop putting blame where it doesn't belong. If a person follows their faith EVEN TO DEATH, that is a personal decision based on their relationship with their God. Get over yourself. Instead of making false claims, why not talk to one of them and actually LEARN SOMETHING.

June 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
  12. mike

JW's Cowards and killers every last one of them

June 9, 2012 at 7:25 pm |
    • Jay

False. Amazing everyone talks about religious freedom and then spreads baseless lies about people who try to live in peace and follow the bible.

June 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm |

Gutless liar

June 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm |
    • Jay

Mike, you obviously have a lot of pain. I'm sorry about that. But you can't put the blame of people who follow the bible and it's principles squarely on them.

June 9, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
    • mike

Paint your apostate people directlly caused, I don't have to defend anything, What an arrogant person you are to belittle me, it was my years in the JW's and that fact youu can't change that killed and destroyed my family.....enough said and time wasted on you

June 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm |
    • Jay

Well Mike whatever path you take, I hope you find your peace. Shaking the dust from my feet and moving on.

June 9, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
    • Missionary tactic

Nice escape when getting ran out of bullets/valid arguments. Way to go Jay.

June 9, 2012 at 8:09 pm |

@Missionary

Theres no argument here. Im allowing Mike to have an opinion. Im siding with freedom of RELIGIOUS LIBERTY. I feel sorry for Mikes pain. but its not for me to change his mind on how he feels. You obviously didnt realize that, but its ok.

June 9, 2012 at 8:34 pm |
    • All-Caps

I meant "valid argument" as STATED POINT OF VIEW, not a support or opposition to IT.

Try to be a lil bit versatile with the dictionary, it won't kill you. PROMISE!

June 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
    • Jay

I'm very literate and well educated. Thank you. All of my arguments are based on fact and research.

June 9, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
    • hweeehhh!

"All of my arguments are based on fact and research."

Really? Where did you do your research? What is your source? watchtower.org? Okay, thanks for the chuckles.

June 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm |

@ hweeehhh!

My research is done on historical evidence and science. BTW, nice "name".

June 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
    • bald-faced LIAR!

Jay

SOURCE PLEASE!!!!

June 9, 2012 at 11:24 pm |
  13. Jay

This isnt news AT ALL. most people know that JW's Refuse blood transfusions. the argument that they are evil is baseless because they are law abiding citizens and a peaceful people. This man has faith in God and will leave it to Him. Thats REAL faith. If the rest of the world will happily compromise on everything, JW's have shown many many times they stand by their convistion and keep heir integrity.

And frankly, if a person DOES NOT stand by his faith, why would he want to blong to ANY religious organization. Its preposterous to do so!

June 9, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
    • mike

"Keep their integrity" they told my parents back in 1975 the world was coming to and end, and guess what we are all still here. Yep great example of integrity. BTW they don't stand up for the pleadge either, so I guess that makes them stellar citizens as well – wht a joke............

June 9, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
    • mike

Yeah and ask them who they think Jesus is, there rejection of my aunt killed her and I personally hold them responsible. They can't refute that fact..............

June 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
    • Jay

1. JWs made that claim years ago and have since recognized that they cannot know just as the bible states.

2. JWs recognize Jesus as the son of God and mankinds hope for life.

Bottom line, they follow bible principle. It's amazing how ignorant many are about them. Everyone rejects talking to them but then makes false assertions!! Talk about ignorant!

June 9, 2012 at 7:31 pm |
    • mike

Baseless lies, so what happend in Oct 1975 after the world was suppose to end and I was still here in Nov 1975? That is a baseless lie?

June 9, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
    • Jay

Like I said, if you actually read ALL that I wrote, they THOUGHT they could know, but have since abandoned that idea! Did you miss that??

June 9, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
    • Jay

JWs don't salute the flag or say the pledge of allegiance because they stay politically neutral. Unlike like the Catholics, protestants, baptists Muslims and all other religions who have backed mankinds wars and the millions of deaths that have resulted from mans ruining of the planet.

June 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
    • mike

Yo are not dealing with someone who is "ignorant" about your tactics, I lived it and lost my family based on your lies, oh yeah my aunt too said "they made a mistake on the date" and then she killed herself,...you are responsible you lying coward

June 9, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
    • Jay

If a person kills themselves over that, that Person is responsible. Not their church. No one killed themselves over the Harold camping fiasco. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It's very sad. But the JWs are not to blame. I'm not even one of them.

June 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
    • Walker

@Jay

Who rather what is Jesus Christ for you, a man or God?

June 9, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
    • Jay

According to the bible, Jesus Christ is the son of God. He was an angel in heaven BEFORE he was born on earth. Christ said the the Pharisees, "before Abraham, I have been" he lived as a perfect man on earth and then offered up his perfect body as the lamb of God to offer all mankind freedom from sin and ultimately death. Yes we may die, but Christ is the way the truth and the life. This man in this story is exercisng his faith. LET HIM DO SO.

June 9, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • Harold Camping

You called mine a "fiasco" when nobody has died over it. While yours is WHAT? a simple thought?

Wow..I mean WOW dude, you're AWESOME!!!!!

June 9, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • Jay

Ha.. Thats funny.. im sorry.. but just because a person "belonged" to a faith, doesnt mean you can blame that community. Unless it was a suicide bombing......

June 9, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
    • Strapless Bomber

The point is...both JW and Harold Camping are end of dayer A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S!!!!

June 9, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
    • Jay

JWs Have since stopped that practice.... Or are you still living in 1975?

June 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
    • Jazz and Blues

Bottom line is...a once an as.sh0le is still an as.sh0le. Whether he/she/it admitted it or not.

June 9, 2012 at 10:05 pm |
  14. Marcia

I have absolute confidence in the support this couple is receiving at this difficult time! Their religious beliefs should be respected and ones should know that Jehovah's Witnesses carefully research their options. This isn't an emotional response. Painstaking research has gone into getting the best medical care possible as long as it does not conflict with the Bible's very clear warning to keep from blood. The life prospects and future rest with our Creator. His requirements for worship to him are laid out in great detail in the Bible. The Bible is not a mystery and is very straight forward in what is required to please God.

June 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
    • Believe but be CAREFUL.

@Marcia

From the article:

"The church cites Acts 15:28-29 in the Bible, which says, "For the Holy Spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper."

You said:

"Their religious beliefs should be respected and ones should know that Jehovah's Witnesses carefully research their options. This isn't an emotional response. Painstaking research has gone into getting the best medical care possible as long as it does not conflict with the Bible's very clear warning to keep from blood."

There's nowhere in the verse cited by JW church that VERY CLEARLY prohibits blood TRANSFUSION. To prove,

let's examine the verse a lil bit further and try to connect the dots, let's get a lil focus on this part:

"to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled"

Isn't there any CHANCES that the blood mentioned in the verse was ONLY from ANIMAL'S?

The Bible was clear, your (pastors) areN'T.

THINK again, it might SAVE lives and maybe your own.

June 9, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
  15. mickey1313

The jw are evil ignorant and arrogant. Let this pee hole die.

June 9, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • Jay

You obviously know NOTHING about them.

June 9, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
    • mike

Well I do Iived in the middle of you web of destruction, so don't give me any of your lies, you are a coward and a liar, and a destroyer – guess who the bible calls that person? Who's only efforts are to seek kill and destroy? Oh yeah your bible edited that part out

June 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm |
  16. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things.

June 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • A Serpents Dump

Dumps relieve bowels.

June 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
    • find an atheist

find filth.

June 9, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!.!.~

June 11, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  17. MajWillaimMartin

Yes they offer FREE BIBLES, That is just one of the HUNDRED'S of Book's they Publish, What I said was Witnesses don't STUDY their Bible's although they call it that when the BRING a BOOK that explains the Bible as THEY see it. You Read a Paragraph, Find the Answer in that Paragraph and a few scriptures are cited to back up their Doctrine.

I in 24 years never saw a Group sit down and Study their BIBLES ONLY, They HAD to have a BOOK to Explain what was being taught. There is no Free Discussion on Scriptures as to how it makes YOU feel in Your Heart. You must Feel and Accept what THEY say. No JW Group ever studies the Holy Scriptures by themselves, Ecclesiastes 12:12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to Of making many books there is no end.

If God's WORD is HIS WORD, Then why print 100's of books to explain his word? Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and ... There it stands as an absolute proposition, that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever;" that is, that he is unchangeable.

June 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • mike

because they have to fund the lie AND they get points for their time going door to door, they don't care about teh discussion at the door, they are just racking up the minutes to heaven.......

June 9, 2012 at 7:27 pm |
  18. MajWillaimMartin

I might also add, This is why their WT-CDRom only goes back to 1950, Yet Charlie Russel said ti understand the bible one must read his 6 Vol. Studies in the Scriptures. His Grave is a real Marker to how he measured the Pyramids to get his failed Dates. As well at the house in San Diego that was named Beth-Sarim, Which few Witnesses have ever heard about.

It was there that Abraham, Issac, Jacob was to be brought back to life and Rule God's Kingdom here on Earth. You can still read ONLINE the DEED for that house that was quietly sold after that never happened either.

While JW's in Nature ARE good People, During Katrina they rebuilt 300 Homes, Yet they were ONLY JW Homes. They do NOTHING for anyone who is outside their "Religion" unless it is getting them to a Meeting or Out in Service.

Personally I left the Organization when the Elders asked for my Medical Records. Hippa Laws protect people from Idiot's like that. Since one Elder mixed his Loratab's with Beer and got a DUI and another was caught shooting up under a viaduct in Mullan Idaho but charges were deferred as he was under investigation in a Sting where the Northwest Drug Task Force was going to NAIL HIM in a 5 Location METH HOUSE Bust. (Since They had Problems) They the Body went after ME and destroyed my Family. As I refuse to FEAR MAN.
    But I forgive them, As God will enact revenge. Still the POINT is, Salvation comes ONLY through Christ Jesus as anyone's Bible reads. No Religion on EARTH has the Power to SAVE.
    Praise Jesus.

June 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • mike

Don't even bother giving them the time of day at your door. They have to report those minutes to their Kingdom Hall i "wintessed" them destroy my family with their lies back in 1975 and they are still at their same old apostasy

June 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
    • mike

So your definition of "good" people? They tell you the world is coming to an end, so why do they bother rebulding homes then? No acknowledgement of your birthday becuase you have no value, re-write the bible, and tell lies using a fear and shame based approach, swirling into lies and despair my aunt took her life,,,,,,,,ahhh such good good people.

June 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
  19. mandarax

Not a bad parable for those who deny science in general, actually. If evolution deniers insisted upon only accepting medicine that is not based in any way on evolutionary theory, they would be facing life or death questions even more frequently. Unfortunately, most people do not understand well enough to know how much of their healthcare is reliant on biological science.

Believers are in the tough spot of denying science even as they are completely reliant upon it. It becomes more apparent in direct conflicts such as this case in Argentina.

June 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Ben

Jehovah's Witnesses actually reconcile the Bible with science. However, they follow science according to the truth.

O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.” For making a show of such [knowledge] some have deviated from the faith. May the undeserved kindness be with YOU people. – 1 Timothy 6:20, 21

June 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • mike

Ben what a joke, I lived and survivved your lies in 1975, once a liar always a lie..............

June 9, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
  20. MajWillaimMartin

It is a Sin to go against the Watchtower Organization. Jesus is said to have died for ALL MAN'S Sin's. But if he should actually take a transfusion he would then be better off DEAD! For he would be Disfellowshipped and his Family i.e. (All those who were Jehovah's Witnesses) would no longer talk to him. So he would by all means be better off DEAD!

Then we have the case in Bulgaria, Where the Witnesses wanted to be recognized as a Legal Religion. The Country would not give them that "Status" because a Jehovah's Witness is NOT a Free Moral agent. Able to Choose for themselves without Church Disfellowshipping them as a Threat to cloud their way. The Watchtower Organization said they did not impose their "Will" on anyone and that if someone wanted to Take Blood that was their Business. So Bulgaria GRANTED them a Religious Status. Then when Witnesses did get Transfusions, They were Disfellowshipped anyway. The Watchtower told a LIE to get the Status of Religion and Said it was THEY that left the Church's teaching. (Sadly ONLY the 144,000 can partake of the Perpetual Sacrifice of Christ Jesus OUR LORD. All others MUST be Saved through the Organization. Whereas the Scriptures say that Salvation comes ONLY through Christ Jesus. Rarely does a Witness hear about Jesus today. It is all what the SOCIETY has done for You, Not the Christ.

People that are offered FREE Bible Studies NEVER Study their Bibles. They Study one of the Current Publications that teaches DOCTRINE and upon Belief in that Doctrine a Person is qualified for Baptism. In 1983, The 2 Baptism questions were 1. Had you dedicated your Life to do God's Will and 2. Have you accepted JESUS as your savior? (Question #2 has Changed today) You must now realize that you will be known as one of Jehovah's Witness in according with Gods Theocratic Organization on Earth Today. Which means, Before you were Baptized into the Christ and NOW your Baptized into the Actual Organization.

Things taught 15 years ago have Changed with what is called NEW LIGHT, Therefore Those who were Baptized THEN were Baptized on those Belief's which have Changed and are now FALSEHOODS. So they are Apostates by any means.

As Jehovah's Witnesses, Your NOT allowed to READ or Study Your own Bible. Nor does ANYONE ever have a Actual BIBLE Study. It is always Church Doctrine that you Learn via the Watchtower (Not the Bible) Example:

*** w67 10/1 p. 587 par. 9 Finding Freedom with Jehovah’s Visible Organization ***
    As the canon of books of God’s Word was expanded and the Christian Greek Scriptures were added to complete the Bible, each book was written directly to the Christian congregation or to a member of the Christian congregation in its behalf. Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.

Only the Organization holds God's Word as HOSTAGE, Whereas the Bible says, LET THE READER use Discernment, Or Happy is HE that reads aloud..etc.

Today Jehovah's Witness are Baptized into the Organization, NOT the Christ. The Bible is CLEAR that it is through Christ Jesus that one receives Salvation, No Where in the Bible does it say Man has to USE a Earth Based Organization to receive Everlasting Life. For that would be IDOLATRY and God has destroyed Many for that same thing. So let the Man DIE, Better then remain a Lost Soul of a JW who washes Windows or is a Janitor as Millions live of assistance so they can make sure all the Meetings are made and no betterment with Education on a System they have been saying would END in 1914 but keep changing the Dates. (Remember the 1920's? MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE! THEY ARE ALL DEAD NOW!)

June 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • Ben

Baseless argument. Your reference is incomplete and out of context. It's clear Jehovah's Witnesses abide by Bible principles. They offer free Bibles to those who are interested and you can also read it on their official website at watchtower.org

June 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • mike

Free bibles, yeah so does the library...........but at least the library doesn't make up dates about when the world is going to end.,what a joke

June 9, 2012 at 7:14 pm |