home
RSS
June 8th, 2012

Police arrest Georgia megachurch pastor after disturbance at home

By John Murgatroyd and John Blake, CNN

Atlanta (CNN)– Megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar was arrested in suburban Atlanta for an alleged assault on his 15-year-old daughter, police said Friday.

Deputies in Georgia's Fayette County responded to a call about a domestic disturbance about 1 a.m. Friday. Dollar's daughter said she argued with her father over attending a party, said Investigator Brent Rowan of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office.

The daughter says the argument got physical.

She told the deputies that her father charged her, put his hands around her throat and began to choke her, according to a police report. She said he then slammed her to the ground, punched her and beat her with his shoe.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

Dollar's daughter was able to get away and dial 911, Rowan said.

Deputies noticed a scratch on the daughter's neck and arrested Dollar on charges of simple battery, family violence and child cruelty.

Deputies also spoke with another daughter, 19, who corroborated her sister's account of what happened.

Dollar was booked into the Fayette County jail early Friday. A judge set his bail at $5,000 during a morning hearing, and he was released.

Dollar said in a statement released to the media from his attorney, "As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children. The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."

Dollar is a senior pastor of World Changers Church International in suburban Atlanta, which claims about 30,000 members and has an $18 million sanctuary that resembles a golden-domed spaceship atop a hill.

He built an international religious empire, with broadcasts of his sermons beamed worldwide and speaking engagements in Europe.

A barrel-chested man who favors impeccably tailored pinstripe suits in the pulpit, Dollar preaches the Prosperity Gospel, a message that says God will bless faithful Christians with wealth and debt-free living.

Since he started his ministry in an elementary school cafeteria in 1986, Dollar has earned both praise and criticism.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

Supporters say he has preached a message that's financially empowered his parishioners and challenged the idea that Christians should be ashamed to be rich.

Critics call him "Cash-Flow Dollar," a pulpit prima donna who once refused to allow parishioners to touch him. They say his message perverts the Gospel.

Dollar has had brushes with the law before, according to a lengthy 2000 profile in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

He was once cited for contempt of court for refusing to give a deposition during the divorce proceedings of boxer Evander Holyfield, who attended his church, according to the AJC.

The AJC profile also said that 100 police officers were admonished for receiving $1,000 apiece from Dollar. Dollar sent the money to honor the officers' community service, but the act was criticized because it came a month after two traffic tickets Dollar received were downgraded to warnings, the profile said.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Crime

soundoff (3,399 Responses)
  1. Loretta

More parent should do the same thing Dollar did and there would not be so many of our young children behind bars and in Group Homes.

June 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
    • Jenny

You're in cloud cuckoo land. A little child developmental psychology for you (and yep, you did it to at that age) – adolescents naturally try to assert independence. 'Normal' adults respond in a humane way to this, not get into a need to assert their own dominance because of some unmet power needs in them. You really think whooping kids that age teaches them anything except aggression, and develops mental problems and depression in them, which is a natural response of any human being to violence? Then explain to me why, in the UK, where hitting kids is largely outlawed, their is less homicide? Get real – you teach someone violence, they learn it. IT'S YOUR APPROACH FUELLING CRIME!

June 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
    • TW

Jenny,

It's obvious that you as a child directly experienced first hand parental abuse which is why you have decided to lash out aginst any attempt to justify Mr. Dollar's actions towards his disobedient daughter. Was this an issue for you as well with your parents? It's true violence is not the answer but there has to be an nderstanding in one's home who the adult and who's the child. Hypothecticaly, I would have given my daughter an option either you respect my decision and stay home or pack your suitcase on your way out the door and enjoy the party.

God bless us all!

June 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  2. Loretta

That's what wrong with our children today, Parent don't whip their butts they let them run wild in the streets and do what they want to do. Spare the rod spoil the child.

June 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You obviously have no clue what that phrase actually means. Like most fundies,you're ignorant of your own bible.

June 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • soporifix

Take a day to get out of your trailer and pay attention to the world around you. Beating children teaches them it's okay to hurt others who don't do what you want.

June 9, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  3. dalewalk

While I'm disturbed at how easy it is for some children to dishonor their parents by threatening them with Child Protective Services, I'd be willing to bet that Pastor Almighty Dollar's daughter has seen more than her share of deceit and an unquenchable thirst for an ever-growing material life. Dollar is a fraud and his daughter sees right through it, while his naive and material world sheep continue to allow themselves to be sheared by this thief and his sidekick Taffy. What mature and normal and trusted people would go through their adult life with names like Creflo Dollar and Taffy? Wake up lambs!

June 9, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • Jenny

I see the devil at work in you. No human should be subjected to violence, and if you go with this man's own descent into evilness, you are as bad. Abusing those weaker than you is pathetic and no sign of a good man. All kids assert independence. Grow up and deal with it.

June 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  4. kenny.cagle@sbcglobal.net

What does the imaginary sky daddy need with an $18 million sanctuary that resembles a golden-domed spaceship atop a hill? Does he use that to travel from heaven down to earth when he's out of magic dust?

June 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • shut_up

shut up and get back in the closet. your mad and jealous because your bit@h slapped you. the little twirp needed it and if you were here i would give you a slapdown

June 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Ahh. shut_up=yet another brain-dead dropout.

June 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • TomG

LOL. That's hilarious! Best post I've read thus far.

June 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  5. Eric

My mom is a Christian. She was strict and disciplined me, my brother, and my cousin who she took in whenever she saw that the situation permitted. Yeah, and sometimes the discipline would be a bit violent. She did the best she could being a single parent throughout the latter portion of our teenage lives, the tougher times.

Now she is the proud parent of a college student and another seeking three degrees from three different colleges. I say that she did a pretty good job.

June 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • JWT

I'd say otherwise.

June 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • Eric

(lol) Yeah okay JWT.

June 9, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Do you really think smacking you around was beneficial? Do you intend to smack your future offspring because you think doing so made your mom "good"?

June 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • Irene

I'm the proud parent of three college grads, did it without church or religion, or beating my children, or threatening them with eternal damnation for not believing in some mythical demons – so what's your point?

June 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • Eric

Well Irene, I believe that situation and surroundings dictate a lot on how a parent should approach disciplining kids. Not to mention input from other variables like peer group and friends. We as kids did a lot of bad stuff growing up. Lemme tell you, Irene, the discipline she gave was warranted and she gave the right amount of discipline necessary to get the job done, and you know what, I'm glad that she did it. And no, Irene, religion was never a factor in determining discipline. She did it because she thought that it was needed, her being the parent.

I probably will discipline my kids, I'll try not to do it too harshly, and I will be sure to let them know that I love them and that I just want what is best for them.

June 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

While you're smacking them? Hitting them with a belt? Yeah, I'm sure they'll believe that, Eric.

It doesn't take violence to discipline children. It's just the easy way out for a person who's physically stronger and bigger to humiliate and injure someone smaller and more helpless.

June 9, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • Eric

Children should be praised whenever they do good and punished accordingly whenever they do bad. I believe that if you establish a balance between praise for good actions and punishment for bad (which may not necessarily entail physical punishment) it would have a profound and positive effect on kids.

However way I choose to parent my kids it is my business and not anyone else's, Tom Tom.

June 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, dear, it isn't, not if you abuse your children. And it doesn't sound like you have anything close to a clear idea of the difference between discipline and abuse. Get help and take some parenting classes.

June 9, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

And Eric, you'd better learn that teachers and nurses are REQUIRED by law to report even a suspi cion of abuse to CPS. They don't need proof.

June 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
    • TomG

But Eric, how you discipline your kids MIGHT be other people's business.......like law enforcement officers, etc. We'll watch for you in the news.

June 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Funny how Eric is all of a sudden put out when anyone questions his parenting methods and skills. Why did you post on a public forum, you dolt? Did you think everyone would stand up and applaud you?

June 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
    • Eric

Ladies and gentlemen – the liberal news media, the unreasonable and liberal public.

June 9, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Did you think that was a sentence when you wrote it, Eric? Did you imagine it was a cogent argument of some sort? It is neither.

June 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  6. Sandy

I wish there was a way to block comments from people who don't have children from articles like this. The only time you will ever be sure of how to discipline is before you have kids. Part of the reason for this is because you assume your kids will behave rationally at all times and will listen to what you say. They don't. For example, my tween sticks her fingers in her ears and starts to sing when I open my mouth to say anything she suspects will be "corrective" in nature. She does this every time. Makes discipline a bit of a challenge, to say the least. Your kid(s) could be equally frustrating - or worse.

June 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • Eric

I agree with what you said in your post, much respect.

June 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • dalewalk

Sounds like you need to be the adult and learn how to better deal with your defiant 'tween'. The problem is with parents who either resort to physical abuse like the fraud Mr. Almighty Dollar, or a mother like you who don't have the guts to stand up to your child and start meteing out discipline through consequences. You're both pretty poor examples of good parents.

June 9, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • TomG

I AM a parent of two daughters, brought up in a caring (but non-religious) atmosphere. Both of them learned respect for others, not because some scripture told them it was the right thing to do, but because they KNEW what was wrong or right. Were they perfect kids? Of course not. But I never even considered beating them for doing something "wrong." And I wouldn't trade them for anyone else's kids for anything.

June 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • JWT

I certainly learned a lot obout irrational behaviour with my kids. And how to deal with it. Beatings was never a part of it thats for sure.

June 9, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
  7. Jason A.

The word says use the rod and discipline the ones you love. It does not say beat with your bare knuckles. I do not have a good feeling about someone, whom in my complete opinion worships the Dollar more than Christ. That is not the message being given to me. I do not know Creflo personally but I do believe he needs prayer like we all need prayer. For me to judge someone for doing something we perceive is wrong is me being hypocritical because I do things that are wrong. A sin is a sin, us telling a lie is like someone commiiting physical abuse. Just keep praying, that's all I can tell you.

June 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  8. Mrs. Katz

Christians make Islamists look like girl scouts.......

June 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • shut_up

they are girl scouts. they all dream of 76 virgins. trouble is you and your kind have been ridden more than seattle slew. go have a pork sandwich and your sand god. btw i bet you and your girlfriend both need to shave your beards.

June 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • TomG

shut_up, your posts are the perfect example of why so many people don't take religion seriously anymore. If your actions and comments (extremely childish, not to mention rude) are the results of your faith in your god, then we should all pity you very much. But you don't deserve any compassion from anyone here......."christians" or not.

June 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  9. Don in Louisiana

A word of advice. Anytime you meet a preacher whose name is Dollar and who tells you Jesus will make yo rich, turn and run the other way.

June 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Dorothy

If you take out the part that says "whose name is Dollar and who tells you Jesus will make yo rich" from your sentence, I would probably agree.

June 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • shut_up

louisiana makes me run the other way. have you played your banjo lately? just dont drop the soap maggot

June 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  10. Keith

So he's calling his daughters liars to protect his reputation and his income. Not very "Christlike". What a hypocrite!

June 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
  11. TW

What a spoiled little, ungrateful, and disrespectful child who apparently thinks she's an adult! BUT Mr. Dollar and his wife are the blame for not spending more time with their children instead of having spent the majority of their time building a multi-million dollar empire. There is always a positive and a negative. The positive is Mr. Dollar having fame and fortune. The negative being his children were neglected in the process. Buying children expensive gifts cannot ever replace a sense of TRUE love and compassion.

I pray for Mr. Dollar and his family.

Indio, CA

June 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • Jenny

You strike me as a spoiled adult used to dominance over the weak – or at least, you crave it. Why would the kid lie, why would she have marks, and why would the sister confirm what she said? Face facts, instead of being complicit in abuse. The child is not at fault, and adults – whoever they are – abuse. Vatican, anyone? It is a normal part of adolescence to start asserting your independence as this child did, it is not a consequence of being spoilt – and it did not deserve violence. It's pathetic adults like you that let this kind of thing go on, and always blame the child. I rather suspect you're just a troll. Jenny, 30 year old who thinks other adults who perpetuate this victim-blaming rubbish should grow up themselves, rather than pointing the finger at brave kids who do something about the abuse they experience.

June 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • Not Deulsional

Where did you read anything relative to your ASSumptive and ridiculous comments?
      1. No mention of expensive gifts
      2. Disagreement over a party (no mention of specific details)
      3. Fame and fortune are a positive for this guy?
      4. You got one right... negative is neglecting the children. Pursuit of money and things comes at a price
      I doubt this guy is a "Christian". "Church" is a relative term.
      Try READING comprehension before posting such utter crap.

June 9, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • dalewalk

The positive is fame and fortune for the Almighty Dollar? Are you kidding? It's ignorant people like you who support thieves like Creflo (where the f*@k did he get a name like that?) and think the more fame and fortune he attains from robbing sheep like you, the more wonderous and praise-worthy he's deserving of being in your eyes. Keep donating to this crook and his golden spaceship and keep beliveing you can buy your way to heaven fool.

June 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  12. BB

Typical religous family. Violence and intolerance. A 15 year old must obey their parents, which I agree. But violence is not the solution, this only furthers violence in the next generation. this pastor should go back and study the Bible as God commands. But sadly his dollars are his god.

June 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  13. LT

Christians are not perfect people. But we are forgiven people. Christ does not require us to be perfect before we deliver the message of salvation. Creflo hit his daughter. I do not condone this but I do not judge him either. I don't have the right. No one does. As Christians we are a work in progress that will continue as long as we live in this flesh. Creflo has repented and God has forgiven him. It's over. Your comments here and judgement against him will NEVER stop the Gospel of Jesus Christ from continuing in the earth. We are not perfect, but Jesus was, so it is HIS message and HIS Life that we will contintue to model our lives after every day. Though we may fall from time to time, and make mistakes, we will get up, ask forgiveness and continue on. We are not perfect, only a work in progress until our life is over on earth. Thank God for the forgiveness that Christ offers. I pray you all except this free gift before it's too late.

June 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

Dollar is a criminal, not because he has beaten his daughter, but because he teaches a false gospel (dollar-gospel).

June 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • Timothy

OVER until he loses his temper and rages off on her again. Once a man hits any woman, it only escalates, ending most times in death.

Dollars needs to be sentenced to a women's shelter for abused women,not for preaching, but for cleaning the floors and learning to be humble; maybe if he spent more time at home, instead of a gulfstream flying around collecting speaking fees.

June 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • JWT

Just remember that your christ applies to you and not to other people.

June 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
  14. Rainer Braendlein

I was glad, when they said unto me: "Let us go the House of the Lord!"

Ain't that a calamity that today the world is filled with sects and cults like World Changers Church?

Who is responsible for that?

Responsible for that is our current establishment (worldwide). The prominent people of our societies no matter whether they belong to the administration, education system, economy, etc. see no reason to give the One Holy Christian Church the high rank, which she has deserved.

Consequently, many ordinary people are at a loss concerning the question, what the real faith is. People go from one cult to another cult and from one sect to the next one. Reason: They never got any education about what the true Church is. Of course, in sects and cult and false churches people suffer a lot of spiritual damage and even death.

What is the true Church?

It is the Church, which keeps the One Holy Sacramental Baptism and teaches that baptism is the gateway to a life of love and righteousness in Christ. Of course, the Sacramental Baptism must get received by faith, in order to become effective. Baptism is not a magical or mere mechanical act.

What is the object of baptism?

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. One may have heard the gospel: God, the Father, delivered God, the Son, for our sins and raised him from the dead for our justification. To a certain extend we may be able to grasp this message by reason, but very little. In order to really grasp the gospel and to become true believers, we have to get baptized. At baptism we get metaphysically connected with Christ's death and resurrection. Christ's death and resurrection gets maken present by baptism, so that it becomes easy for us to belief. We die with Jesus on the cross and leave the sepulcher together with him at baptism. This is a spiritual reality, which cannot be explained by science, because it is a divine miracle beyond natural laws. However, the consequences of baptism are phantastic: After baptism we have died for the sin and entered Christ. These are two facts of health, which we should remember for ever and daily. In Christ we are able to do works of righteousness and love, despite our sinful, selfish, egoistic nature or body (the sin dwells in our limbs, St. Paul says).

This is the miracle of all miracles that the Son of God or the Holy Spirit is stronger than our sinfulness and helps us daily to overcome our personal sin by the power of Jesus' death and resurrection. Daily we should ask Jesus for help and to bring to life our body, which is dead in itself. Jesus should be our new life in a real sense (spiritual and physical).

Has such a church ever existed?

Yes, such a church has existed several times in history.

The Church exists since Pentecost, when God sent the Spirit, through which God will rule the Church.

The first three centuries after Christ the Church was persecuted by the Roman Empire, which wanted to remain pagan and worshipped the Greek idols, although God had visited the earth in the person of Jesus Christ, of which they had historical accounts, of course, from Palestine. The emperors of the Roman Empire up to 300 after Christ were complete morons.

About 300 years after Christ there was a great turn. The pious emperor Constantine the Great acknowledged Christianity as legitimate religion of the Roman Empire (civilized world) by the Edict of Milan. Up to about 600 after Christ the Roman Empire or later Eastern Roman Empire (under Constantine the capital shifted from Rome to Constantinople or Byzanz, which is today Istanbul) had got only one lawful Church and everybody knew, where he could find the presence of the real God, which has made heaven and earth.

Yet under Constantines rule a dangerous heresy broke out, called Arianism, which denies the divine sonship of Jesus Christ and regards him as a mere creature. Later the heresy of monophysitism broke out in the East of the Empire and disturbed the peace of the inhabitants of the Eastern Roman Empire. However, it was yet still clear, what the legitimate Church was, which got defined by the councils of Niceae and Chalcedon and others. The Byzantine emperors were always concerned to have a Church according to God's will.

Yet, arround 600 after Christ the worst calamity of all history occured, when papacy was established by an edict of the criminal emperor Phocas, which was an ancient Hitler. At the same time Muhammad started to preach Islam in Arabia, which was maybe a reaction to papacy.

In the course of time the Church of Italy, which was led by the pope, separated from the Ecu-menical Church of the Eastern Roman Empire, which was the legitimate Church of Christ. 800 after Christ Charles the Great was falsely crowned emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (territory: Europe) by the pope and for a period of time there were two emperors on eath: one resided in Constantinople (this was the legitimate one) and one in Trier or Aachen/Germany, which was the false one. Hence, the pope and Charles the Great have established a pseudo-civilisation with a satanic church, the Roman Catholic Church. The successor of the Holy Roman Empire is simply Europe, which is still a pseudo-civilisation, because it has no legitimate Church. There were only two short periods of time, when even in Europe a true church emerged: during the lifetime of Luther and Bonhoeffer, which were faithful Protestants and Refomers.

How is the current situation?

Many ordinary people have realized that the Catholic Church is a dunghill and forsake her. Yet, the problem is that they mostly land and end up in sects like World Changers Church, which promise true Christianity, but are as false as the Roman Catholic Church.

Solution: We need a free, international (not predetermined by the pope-rat) council of all theologians and historians, in oder to figure out again and define, what the real Church is. Today it may be appropriate to refom the Protestant Churches, in order to gain the true Church again. This would be a very happy state of the world and mankind, when people knew again, where they could find God certainly. In ancient times people went to Jerusalem and found God's presence in the Jewish Temple. That was a good state. The Christian Church should become known as God's new Temple, where God certainly dwells and where people could find him and get in peace with him.

June 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • shut_up

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! you and madeline ohare will roast soon and i wish it was sooner than later. your rambling psycho babble is garbage and no one reads it. when i see something that probably took you two years to type, it makes me want to bit@h slap you!

June 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@shut_up

Why do you get upset?

Please tell my concretely, what is wrong with my comment.

I am convinced my comment is completely true.

June 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  15. Grandma

Good job pastor..... I will stand for you and keep doing your great job.
    Whoever disagree with you are maniacs who think all children should be on the street!

June 9, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Thade

Yea good job pastor for beating a underage female with your bare knuckles. What an image of christ and vessel for the holy spirit you are. Such grace.

June 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • JWT

I don't know which is worse all the people supporting this idiot or people just trolling like they do.

June 9, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • TomG

Now be sure and sit down and send in your check to the Reverend Mr. Dollar! It's sad enough that these clowns suck money off disillusioned "followers." But for you to imply what he did to his own daughter physically was alright is even more sad.

June 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
  16. OMG

Another reason why atheists are re.tarded.

Who the h.eck said all Christians pray for hours, go to church every Sunday, read the bible for hours every single day, etc.?

June 9, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • sqeptiq

The government can put any words or pictures on the money that they want; as long as it still buys a beer, I'm good with it. Why should I refuse to use something just because it has fiction printed on it?

June 9, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  17. Gonzalez

SHAME ON NONBELIEVERS TO CARRY US $ MONEY ON THEIR POCKET/PURSE/BAG WHEN YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BACK OF THE MONEY – IN GOD WE TRUST-. SHAME SHAME

June 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • Thade

Shame on you for using technology created by atheists. Do me a favor next time you or your family have a major medical emergencies demand that the ambulance takes your directly to a church instead of a hospital.

June 9, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
    • Grandma

Have you heard of Christian hospitals?!
      St. (whatever) are all Christian hospitals, along with Jewish religious ones'.

Since 80% of Americans are Christians, it is more likely that 80% of the doctors are Christians as well.

June 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • Loriz

Who said tech is created by atheists? LOL you must be a troll

June 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Thade

Oh okay grandma so you are saying that medical science has not been at the teeth of the religious. Maybe you are familiar with the Polio cure, that was rejected by a majority of the religious, cause they argued that it messed with gods design.

June 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • kayclay

Here's a news flash for you: God didn't put his name on the dollar bill. Man did. Duh.

June 9, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Timothy

Grandma – first 80% of the Doctors are Christians? In the last five years I have trouble finding a doctor who isn't coming from a non-Christian nation centering around Pakistan or the Muslims areas of the Balkans.

Maybe 50 percent is a better guess.

June 9, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Get Real

Careful, Grandma, "St. (whatever) are all Christian hospitals,"

St. Jude Children's Hospital is wholly secular, as are many hospitals which take their names from the "St." part of their particular city.

June 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
    • kenny.cagle@sbcglobal.net

Only a Xtian would assume that just because I sometimes carry money that says "In Imaginary Sky Daddy We Trust" on the back. I scratch it out on every bill I have.

June 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
    • shut_up

maybe someday old THADE will learn to spell. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

June 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
  18. James AL

Parenting is very difficult today, because we have the law literally telling us how to raise them. However, their way is not working and they are taking them and beating them and sometimes killing them, but that is okay. Teenagers are very rebellious and will often try you, so if all she got was a scratch on the neck, she should be thankful and the law should keep the heck out of their home. This father has raised and provided for her all her life and he has to go to jail for doing what any good parent would do. Yes, I too would beat her but for coming in at 1 a.m. or thinking she could leave my house at that time, whichever it was.

If the law would let parents do their jobs, we would have a lot less children in detention centers and foster care.

June 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • smalltownkafka

The answer is not to let the reverend alone and to let him and you continue to look at parenting as a power struggle. Teenage rebellion, blah blah blah, if he choked her, he should be charged and you should be ashamed for supporting. Ask my 23-year-old daughter who just graduated college how necessary it is for daddy to be a bully. Or, even worse, is it OK because he's a man of God, representing the prince of peace and turn the other cheek. Or it s it OK for the reverend to punish anyone who doesn't bow down before HIM?

June 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Thade

I just want ask why is alright to puch your underage daughter but not your wife? I have no problem with disopline, but come on, a grown man hitting a child with his bare fists.

June 9, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Greg Morgan

Your response, James, is truly amazing. At least the pastor had enough understanding of right and wrong to lie, and say that he did not beat his daugher. He doesn't care enough about doing what is right to actually do what is right, but he at least knows that he needs to hide his wrongdoing. You, on the other hand, acknowledge that the pastor beat his daughter (which means he is a liar, since he said he didn't do it), and you say that you would beat a child just as he did. Your sense of morality is so clouded by viciousness and spite that you don't even know how repulsive a picture you paint of yourself.

June 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  19. Thade

Like being punched by a grown man. Is that the reality check you are talking about? Men hitting underage females with their bare knuckles. What reality do you live in, bronze age palastine?

June 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
  20. Barbara Jones

Pastor Dollar,
    I pray for your family. Put your daughters in a shelter or group home for a few months. They need to live like the real world (no money). Your children living under your roof can’t say they don’t want to talk to their parent anymore. They will be calling you begging to return to the mansion. There will be no more arguments or misunderstandings in your household anymore. These teenagers need a reality check.

June 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • Thade

Cool maybe your husband will beat you with his bare fists then kick you out, and then you will call and beg for him to take you back. There will be no more arguments or misunderstandings in your household anymore. Because thats reality right?
      Would it be cool for your husband to hit your daughter with his bare fists but not you? If so please explain.

June 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • terrell

PAster Dollar, all you have to do is DISOWN your Daughters, kick them out the house, have nothing else to do with them, they want to be grown, elt them fend for thenself's, if your DAUGHTERS call the police on you 1 time you can bet the devil is a lie that they WILL do it again!!!!, so disown them kick them outand never speak to them again.

June 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
About this blog