home
RSS
Daughter's 911 call to report megachurch pastor is released
Audio from a 911 call from Creflo Dollar's daughter detailing what she said was an altercation between her and her father was released on Tuesday.
June 12th, 2012

Daughter's 911 call to report megachurch pastor is released

By George Howell, CNN

Atlanta (CNN) - With a calm voice and collected manner about her, a 15-year-old girl called Fayette County 911 to report that her father assaulted her. The call led police to the suburban Atlanta home of megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar and ultimately resulted in a night behind bars on Friday.

The audio from the phone call was released Tuesday.

“I just got into an altercation with my father. He punched me and threatened to choke me,” the girl told a 911 dispatcher. “Um, this is not the first time that this has happened. I feel threatened by being in this house. Um… I don’t know, I don’t know what can be done. But I’m scared, I’m shaking.“

Dollar publicly denied punching or choking his teenage daughter during Sunday service at World Changers International Church, but in the police report, he admitted emotions ran high very early Friday morning and he attempted to “restrain” his daughter when she became “disrespectful.”

In the 911 tapes, the teen explained to the dispatcher that her father attacked her because of grades and a dispute about a party that she wanted to attend.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

“It was a previous argument about me going to a party on Saturday. And he brought up grades and I started crying so I walked out the room to the kitchen with my sister. It was just me and my sister in the kitchen. He followed me while I was crying and he kept asking me why I was crying. And I said I do not want to talk to you. And he went off. That’s when he went off,” Dollar's daughter says on the tape.

According to the police report, an investigator also interviewed Dollar’s 19-year-old daughter, who backed up her younger sister’s account of what allegedly happened.

Megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar on his daughter: 'She was not punched'

In the 911 audio, the young victim explained that her father became increasingly aggressive.

“He came, he put his arm around my neck. Choked me and bent me over the table and I pushed him off of me and he threw me on the ground and punched me in my face. And this is going on for a good two, three minutes. Then my mom came in the room, and he stopped. And my mom asked him what happened, and he said I hit him first. Which is a lie,” she told the dispatcher.

Creflo Dollar's prosperity gospel finds followers and critics

Police took Dollar into custody and charged him with simple battery and cruelty to children.  Dollar told his congregation that this a family matter and also flatly stated, “I should not have been arrested.”

Dollar is a controversial pastor in the Atlanta area and is best known for preaching a prosperity gospel – a belief that the better Christian you are, the more wealth you will acquire.  His church claims 30,000 members, and he has a popular television ministry as well.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Church

1. Jack

Hello. Everyone is invited to visit thestarofkaduri.com

June 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
  2. Atheist Hunter

Yes, she's so abused. Scratch and all. Terror in her voice. Whatever!

June 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm |
  3. kindness

MY personal testimony.
    A thought to consider without an ego response

Accept Jesus christ as your lord and saviour. You never know how soon is too late. Transcend the worldly illusion of enslavement.
    The world denounces truth....

Accepting Jesus Christ (for me) resulted in something like seeng a new colour. You will see it .....but will not be able to clearly explain it to anyone else..... Its meant to be that way to transend any selfism within you.

Also... much the world arranges "surrounding dark matter into something to be debated" in such a way that protects/inflates the ego.

The key is be present and transcend our own desire to physically see evidence. We don't know anyways by defending our own perception of dark matter.

Currently.... most of us are constructing our own path that suits our sin lifestyle. Were all sinners. Knowing that we are is often an issue. But both christians and non are sinners.

We don't like to Let go and let god. We want control to some degree. This is what Jesus asks us to do. "Follow me".
    It's the hardest thing to do... but is done by letting the truth of scripture lead you (redemptive revelation)... as I said .

Try reading corinthians and see if it makes sense to you. Try it without a pre conceived notion of it being a fairy tale.
    See the truth...
    do we do what it says in todays society... is it relevant... so many have not recently read and only hinge their philosophy on what they have heard from som other person...which may have been full of arogance pride or vanity..

Look closely at the economy ponzi, look at how society idolizes Lust , greed , envy, sloth, pride of life, desire for knowledge, desire for power, desire for revencge,gluttony with food etc .

Trancsend the temporal world.

Just think if you can find any truth you can take with you ....in any of these things. When you die your riches go to someone who will spend away your life..... You will be forgotten.... history will repeat iteslf.... the greatest minds knowledge fade or are eventually plagerzed..... your good deeds will be forgotten and only give you a fleeting temporary reward . your learned teachings are forgotten or mutated..... your gold is transfered back to the rullers that rule you through deception. Your grave will grow over . This is truth .

Trancsend your egoism and free yourself from this dominion of satan. Understand you are a sinner and part of the collective problem of this worldly matrix... Repent.... Repent means knowing (to change) The Holy spirit (within) will convict you beyond what you think you can do by yourself. Grace is given to those who renounce the world. That are" in" the world but not "of " the world.

Evidence follows faith. Faith does not follow evidence..... Faith above reason in Jesus Christ.

Faith comes by Reading or Hearing the word of god from the bible . Ask Jesus in faith for dicernment and start reading the new testament... You will be shocked when you lay down your preconceived notions and ....see and hear truth ... see how christ sets an example ... feel the truth....

Read Ecclesiastes. Read corinthians.

You cant trancend your own egoism by adapting a world philosophy to suit your needs. Seek the truth in Christ.

Sell all your cleverness and purchase true bewilderment. You don't get what you want ....you get what you are in christ.

I promise this has been the truth for me. In Jesus christ .

Think of what you really have to lose. ...your ego?

Break the Matrix of illusion that holds your senses captive.

once you do . you too will have the wisdom of God that comes only through the Holy Spirit. Saved By grace through Faith. Just like seeing a new colour.... can't explain it to a transient caught in the matrix of worldly deception.
    You will also see how the world suppresses this information and distorts it

You're all smart people . I tell the truth. Its hard to think out of the box when earthly thinking is the box.
    I'ts a personal free experience you can do it free anytime . Don't wait till you are about to die.. START PUTTING YOUR TREASURES WHERE THEY REALLY MATTER >
    Its awsome and It's just between you and Jesus

my testimony

Romans 10:9

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

June 13, 2012 at 11:57 am |
    • WASP

@kind: ok at first it was cute, now you're turning into a troll; due to the fact you keep copy/paste the same thing over and over.

June 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • ldpirozzi

And again I ask. What part of relevance do you not understand. Your post doesn't have much or anything to do with child abuse. OTOH I didn't bother reading it.

June 30, 2012 at 12:53 am |
  4. Lover of Knowledge

Another wiley criminal dressed in shepherd's clothes leading 30,000 ignorant sheep...all of which will end up dirt or ashes no matter what they follow now–that's it–dirt or ashes. There is no heaven & there is no hell, you're just dead. People fear that fact so much that they're willing to follow anyone who can make up a better story–that's the reality of it.

June 13, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  5. Laurence Ringo

Sorry,"Portland Tony","Crooklo"Dollar has believed his own hype far too long to admit to being wrong;just the other day,he preached a sermon in which he told his congregants that they don't don't even have to confess their sins anymore!! After all,"Crooklo"is a "little god"himself,and what god stoops to the level of mere mortals? Besides,he's already beat his daughters to the punch,so to speak;he threw them under the bus by branding them liars and found a whole Biblical passage(not just a verse) to back him up!! No one,no one has given the girls the benefit of the doubt,not"Crooklo's"brain-dead,spiritually bereft sheep,not the asinine bloggers(some of them)on this site,not even their own mother!! I have no doubt that if Dollar had killed the girl,his zombified flock would have claimed she committed suicide!! She's only 15,but stay tuned folks:the book is coming in a few years(God willing),right before The Interview.Can't wait!

June 13, 2012 at 11:02 am |
  6. robing

For what it is worth, I never liked him. My gut was right.

June 13, 2012 at 10:58 am |
  7. george washington

Just another money changer in the temple...... Jesus missed a few.

June 13, 2012 at 10:21 am |
  8. LynnAnn

We are all commanded by our Lord to not spare the rod. He has the spiritual right to reprimand his children as he sees fit.

June 13, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • Huebert

Any way he sees fit?

June 13, 2012 at 9:49 am |
    • Devil made me do it

Your crazy. Your commanded by your god to beat your children....actually your told to kill them if they get out of line....
      No one has the "spiritual right" (whatever the fvck that means) to beat or abuse their child.

June 13, 2012 at 9:49 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Do I have the spiritual right to execute anybody who uses the phrase "spiritual right" as some sort of legal justification for child abuse? If so, watch out.

June 13, 2012 at 9:51 am |
    • WASP

@lynn: you want to know what happens to children physically "reprimanded" in such a way? they turn into people like me......a person that has to carry a demon inside their gut named rage. i live with the memories of my christian guardians " chose not to spar the rod" those memories cause me constant pain and make me a loose cannon when put in a situation that may become violent. the funny part of those beatings is when i got too big for them to grab hold of, they backed off out of fear of the rage they instilled in me........especially after they pulled my trigger and they seen what they had created.
      oh one more thing............children grow as you get older......whom will protect you when your abused child comes calling for payback? trust me the police won't get there in time to protect you.

June 13, 2012 at 9:55 am |
    • No Religion

Well, this is a country that has division of church and state. So, while your "god" may see fit to allow you to abuse your child, we here in reality don't. Hope he had fun in jail thinking about what he saw fit to do to his kid. I wish someone in jail would have saw fit to kick his greedy, lying, money grubbing a$$ while in there.

June 13, 2012 at 11:21 am |
    • Lover of Knowledge

You are ignorant. You are a sheep led by the fear imposed on you by cunning shepherd, not truth. You are afraid to think for yourself. I'm sorry for you and anyone like you & I hope you have no access to children.

June 13, 2012 at 11:24 am |
    • ldpirozzi

The "spare the rod" nonsense is in the old testament. As Christians the old law does not apply. Christ gave us a new route to salvation. It did not include beating up defenseless children. Oh – it's also ILLEGAL. He should be locked up for more than one night. If you let him off the hook he sees it as proof that he's divine and can do whatever he wants. Next time there will be blood.

June 30, 2012 at 12:48 am |
  9. anonymous

I agree with portland tony. Stop lying and admit that you hit her.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 am |
  10. anonymous

Creflo dollar been watching too many reruns if ike turner beating up on tina turner. "Sing it like I tell ya Anna May!"

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 am |
  11. HotAirAce

I wouldn't believe anything this or any other religious charlatan (and that would be anyone that claims there is a god) says, in or out of their cult's clubhouse.

June 13, 2012 at 1:44 am |
  12. Silent Claw

She deserved it.

June 13, 2012 at 1:31 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Yeah, how dare she have an existence which isn't dependant on her charlatan father?

June 13, 2012 at 7:28 am |
    • Hello Dolly @ Silent Claw

Agreed. He has the spiritual right to discipline his children the way he sees fit.

June 13, 2012 at 8:08 am |
    • Devil made me do it

No such thing as spiritual right. Your an idiot.

June 13, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • Kelly

Silent Craw:

Why?

June 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
    • ldpirozzi

It's not okay to beat your kids. Child protective services should be called. Knocking down and punching is never deserved. This man is in need of a class on parenting skills, a class on anger management, 30 days in jail and a firm reprimand. This is emphatically NOT a man of God. He lies, he cheats and he's abusive. Great role model.

June 30, 2012 at 12:42 am |
  13. Kindness

Sorry to everyone not responding to comments, it would really be a full time job...these posts are my personal testimony... Which is all I have. They are for the public to know and others that have found christ.... To relate to. I do read all the comments... Again ... This is my experience... Thank you.

MY personal testimony.
    A thought to consider without an ego response

The world denounces truth....

See the truth...

Trancsend the temporal world.

Read Ecclesiastes. Read corinthians.

I promise this has been the truth for me. In Jesus christ .

Think of what you really have to lose. ...your ego?

Break the Matrix of illusion that holds your senses captive.

You will also see how the world suppresses this information and distorts it

Its awsome and It's just between you and Jesus

my testimony

Romans 10:9

June 13, 2012 at 12:39 am |
    • Silent Claw

Not reading this garbage.

June 13, 2012 at 1:32 am |
    • DeWayne

True, every word is true, thank you.

June 13, 2012 at 4:49 am |
    • DeWayne

Poor Silent Claw.....I think you woke him up. Poor boy.

June 13, 2012 at 4:51 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

"True, every word is true,"

That would make you a liar!! You have no way to verify that any of it is true, especially given that you can't prove god ever existed.

June 13, 2012 at 5:07 am |
    • Silent Claw

DeWayne, poor christian. I've never met an intelligent one.

June 13, 2012 at 8:21 am |
    • Which God??

@ Kindness. Fvcknut. Troll.

June 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
    • ldpirozzi

What does any of this have to do with beating children?

June 30, 2012 at 12:38 am |
  14. itsokay2bfrizzle

the wierder part of these last 2 Creflo Dollar articles is that no one is denying his status as a "prosperity preacher." Back in the late 80s and early 90s, prosperity gospel was considered a dirty thing and nobody wanted to admit to doing it, although plenty were.
    So strange, how we will all vote soon in our elections based on who can best take care of the US economy, and we're watching Spain in the news and the European Union.
    I remember hearing a sermon about a warning in the Old Testament how a certain country would be given the "fat of the land" and would need to be careful not to get eyes wandering from the Lord from the properity.
    And in these days and times most people in US have what they really need, or maybe not? but our mind wanders towards gadgets and electronics, things that cost, things we think we must have...... Somehow, for many, building a positive family is no longer the sign of success and in its place individual happiness and success is the goal with disregard to the fallout on the child.
    Is it prosperity gospel we need in the US? Do we really need more stuff? Jesus says the riches are within, a character born of suffering and self-denial. And in Proverbs it says that a man with self control is stronger than a city gate or something like that.
    I guess I remember hearing sermons about being strong in character being somewhat of the Christian goal. I'm not dogging technology. I'm sitting here right now reading internet articles using technological devices instead of spending time with my family.

Hmmmm..... prosperity gospel. This is me just thinking out loud here. Sounding off.

June 13, 2012 at 12:00 am |
    • george washington

It's no longer about the person attending the religious service, it's now about the religious service or those that run it.
      Are there still monks that swear a vow of poverty? Those are the truly pious.....

June 13, 2012 at 10:26 am |
  15. junior

Could anyone explain to me. If atheism is enlightenment, then why has Peter Hitchens, brother of the late atheist Christopher Hitchens, turned away from atheism and toward Christianity?

June 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm |
    • Varlund

Peter Hitchens is just another brainwashed zombie. Just because his brother was an atheist means nothing to someone in a cult. He was always a Christian and never "turned away from atheism" so why don't you just go play in the street little boy.

June 12, 2012 at 11:54 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

i'm an atheist but i have christian family members. you're point is... kinda lame. proves absolutely nothing.

June 13, 2012 at 1:08 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Unlike theists, Atheists are not out to convert you.

June 13, 2012 at 6:14 am |
    • Huebert

You would need to ask Peter Hitchens that.

June 13, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  16. Arthur Dent

Proof that religiousness has nothing to do with morality. I am an atheist and I never did, nor would ever imagine choking or punching my child. I hope he rots in hell.

June 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm |
    • pj

no adult has a right to put there hands on a child i dont think he needs to be a pastor of any church the man needs help and he should go to jail i think dcfs should be called on him and make his kids safe i would never put my hands on my kids and wouldnt let anyone eles what a pastor what is he teaching the church how to beat kids put him in jail

June 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm |
    • Dakattack

Wow. your an atheist, and yet you say he should burn in hell, if Heaven and God arent real,, why do you think hell is?

June 13, 2012 at 12:05 am |
    • Interested2

Good one Dakattack

June 13, 2012 at 7:22 am |
    • WASP

@Dakattack: hell doesn't exsist for atheists, however it does exsist for this "pastor" you really think a violent man will be welcomed into "heaven"? it's about like saying the racist will be welcomed. HA! Mr.dollar believes so it's real for him.

June 13, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • Arthur Dent

To Dakattack (and his lackey):
      Groan... I knew this was coming. Never heard of "figure of speech", have we? What are you, 13? Jeez.

June 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
  17. hippypoet

for any and all believers of any god(s) who may or may not exist:

we atheists need not prove the lack of existence of something that has no impact on our daily lives, however those that believe based purely on the idea of somethings existence is a bit disconcerting! Proof is the burden of those that believe. The real fact is that those who believe use the lack of proof to show how non believers can't show any proof of its non existence....circular agurments can be fun but i prefer ones that go places. Belief in god or any god type is nothing less then equal to that of children believing in santa – be good or else! Maybe that is what your believers problem is! – poor parental figures as children so you joined a cult who WHORships a make believe father ( who killed his son, btw)....not a very intelligent choice – but i guess i'd make pi$s poor choices too if i was taught to never lie all the while being lie too...that is gods way – don't lie but i can – double standard i believe is what its called! 🙂 go preach love while hating on more then half the human species!

oh yeah, according to gods words, women have no right to disobey men in any way! no rights really in general – but thats for a different time. 🙂

take this as angry as you wish, its not –
    go to hell 🙂

June 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
    • DeWayne

Poor sick hippypoet thinks upside down, maybe you'll grow up some day puke.

June 13, 2012 at 5:00 am |
  18. mannydanny455

Corporal punishment from parents to their children is not uncommon in the Black community. His parishioners know that, so they're giving Dollar a free pass.

June 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
    • Portland tony

Nothing is "free" in Dollar's world. 🙂

June 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm |
  19. aheist fur 2

Wy cant there be peece?

June 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm |
  20. Portland tony

I can understand Dollar's frustration with his daughter, but not every father uses physical violence to solve a "family mater" as he did. He was wrong and should be man enough admit it. Being the Pastor of a Mega-Church doesn't necessary mean one has to be a meglomaniac.

June 12, 2012 at 7:43 pm |