home
RSS
July 11th, 2012

Ex-Scientologist: Cruise was top church recruit

Montreal, Quebec (CNN) - For the secretive Church of Scientology, "there was no bigger recruit than Tom Cruise."

The top Hollywood actor's membership in the Church beginning in 1986 "was huge," says Karen Pressley - a former Commanding Officer of the Church's Celebrity Centre in Hollywood from 1987 to 1989.

"My job was to ensure that celebrities were recruited, that celebrities were well serviced within our organization, and also to open up new celebrity centers around the world," she told CNN.

The high-profile marriage split between Cruise and actress Katie Holmes, who was raised Catholic, has re-ignited media interest in Scientology's influence in Hollywood.

Related story: What is Scientology?

A joint statement released Monday to announce their divorce settlement said, "We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents." It's not known if Holmes joined the Church of Scientology.

Cruise is just one of many celebrity members of the church, including John Travolta, Jenna Elfman and Kirstie Alley.

See photos of other Scientology celebs

But Cruise was among Scientology's biggest fish, says Pressley. "Is there a bigger name than Tom? We called him TC."

Church founder L. Ron Hubbard realized celebrities were key to his mission, according to the Scientology website.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

"The world is carried on the backs of a desperate few," Hubbard is quoted as saying on the site. By "the few," Hubbard was referring to leaders in the realm of art, politics, industry, and sports. To cater to these people specifically, the church formed a special branch of Church of Scientology called the Celebrity Centre International. With locations around the world, Hollywood's celebrity center was established in 1969.

Its aim: to provide celebrities "… with a practical technology for improving one's happiness and creativity," the website says.

The church opens the Celebrity Centres for public tours. The Hollywood center offers classes and even a Sunday brunch, according to the website.

According to Pressley, celebrities get special perks including private entrances and course rooms, along with access to a VIP lounge.

She says Hubbard targeted celebrities specifically to add credibility to the Church's beliefs and to encourage more people to join.

Pressley, who was a Scientologist for 16 years, described internal wish lists and strategies discussed among church leaders in the 1980s to recruit other celebrities - including Brad Pitt and Demi Moore. Those discussions about how to bring Moore and Pitt into the fold never bore fruit, Pressley said.

The church would work to win over celebrity recruits, Pressley said, by giving them individual attention and by explaining how Scientology could help them achieve their highest goals as artists.

In exchange for tailored treatment, Pressley says Scientology leaders expected celebrities to stay committed to the church's teachings and speak glowingly of its benefits.

Many of them do exactly that. Travolta's spouse, Kelly Preston, credited Scientology with helping the couple cope with the death of their son, Jett.  Alley said the Church helped her overcome a drug addiction.

As for Cruise, he has publicly touted the benefits of church teachings, famously debating NBC's Matt Lauer about the church's stand against psychiatric drugs. More recently, Cruise told Playboy magazine that Scientology offers him a "search for how I can do things better, whether it's being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve."

"Individuals have to decide what is true and real for them," Cruise said.

Watch Cruise talk about Scientology

Like many faiths, Scientology prides itself on providing couples with communication tools to succeed at marriage. "It works," the church website says. "Whether applied to marital or personal relationships, to one's family or career or simply one's personal peace of mind – Scientology changes conditions for the better."

But Pressley says, as Scientology's celebrity poster child divorces for a third time, it hurts the church and Cruise.

"What does that say about .. a senior level Scientologist like Tom - TC?" Pressley asks. "What does that say about his ability to succeed in relationships? I think it's a huge statement."

The church has only said the divorce is "a private family matter " between Holmes and Cruise and said it "will continue to respect their privacy."

In response to CNN's questions about the relationship between the Church and celebrities, Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said in a statement, “The Church does not speak about the beliefs and practices of parishioners.”

“Scientology appeals to men and women in all walks of life, as do other major religions," the statement continued. "The perception that it uniquely appeals to those in the arts is a misperception conveyed by the media. There are as many reasons individuals turn to Scientology as there are parishioners, but generally Scientology offers answers to age-old questions, spiritual awareness and greater ability because it provides tools they can use in life.” (Read Pouw's entire statement below.)

In an earlier statement, Pouw commented about Pressley and other members speaking out against Scientology. "...the Church regrets that excommunicated self-serving apostates are sadly exploiting private family matters to further their hate-filled agendas against their former faith. Having left the Church many years ago, these sources have no current knowledge about the Church and their recollections are distorted by their animosity."

Pressley left the Church in 1998, after she "became so disillusioned by what I had earlier believed in, I couldn't live with myself and I no longer chose to allow the Church to control my life."

Splitting with Scientology, she says, is not an easy task - especially for high level officials.

"You don't have the freedom to make a choice like that just to walk out. You have to get permission," she says. "But in order to get permission you have to go through an intensive security check, interrogation procedure before you can be approved to leave."

Now that she's speaking out, Pressley says she's concerned about her safety.

"But," she says, "I can't remain silent about things that matter and I deal with it as it happens."

Editor's note: Below is the complete July 10 statement from Church of Scientology International spokeswoman Karin Pouw to CNN responding to questions surrounding its report about celebrities and the Church.

"The Church does not speak about the beliefs and practices of parishioners. I have never seen CNN ask the Roman Catholic Church to discuss an individual parishioner by name and it points out the insensitivity of your questions.

Scientology appeals to men and women in all walks of life, as do other major religions. The perception that it uniquely appeals to those in the arts is a misperception conveyed by the media. There are as many reasons individuals turn to Scientology as there are parishioners, but generally Scientology offers answers to age‐old questions, spiritual awareness and greater ability because it provides tools they can use in life.

The Scientology religion is enjoying a period of tremendous growth with new Churches opening throughout the world. Each has a Public Information Center providing hundreds of videos about the religion and our social and humanitarian programs in the fields of drug education and rehabilitation, education, criminal reform, morals and human rights. Anyone desiring correct information about the Church can find it at one of these churches or on our website, www.scientology,org."

Watch Anderson Cooper 360° weeknights 8pm ET. For the latest from AC360° click here.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Celebrity • Scientology • TV-Anderson Cooper 360

soundoff (1,662 Responses)
  1. Kal

You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god Katie is taking her daughter out. Thank god she has a good Family behind her.

July 11, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
    • Dennis

Yeah, thank you for Katie, Zeus.

July 11, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
  2. Sam Yaza

so what is the market value of a soul,.. or a thetan

July 11, 2012 at 8:15 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

because this religion is just throwing them away,. imagine how much money you can make just by recycling them,...

i wonder if Mastema has that market tapped yet???

July 11, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
  3. tonyinlargo

People are finally "getting It" about Scientology. It reeks. This is something for young, adventurous, dreamy people to consider and then say "NO" to when approached.

July 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm |
    • Dennis

Same goes for any other religion. Different mumbo jumbo, different weird rituals and rules and different dresses for the high priests, but the gods and most of the stories are fictional.

July 11, 2012 at 9:29 pm |
  4. Kal

Hey Eugenia....I just sent one for you agreeing. Apperentely it didn't get posted. Why does everyone think they split for marriage reasons. Why don't they get the fact katie is wanting custody....To keep her out of Scientology. According to "the TABLOIDS" Kelly Preston has had a time with John. Hasn't he been in the nasty columns. Yay Katie Holmes taking Suri into her life and her Family...about time ....BIG CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm |
  5. QuietStormX

Strang, really strange? I have never been married yet, but I remember going to church with a girl I was dating. I'm Catholic and would to prefer a Woman who is Catholic and our Children. The first time I went to a baptist church, I thought it strange and long. Songs I didn't know or herd before. I can see something with Church effecting the other. But not after Marriage and Children.... Strange???

July 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
  6. sean

Where are all the God hating freaks when it comes to this evil and vile cult. Apparently atheists only having something to say about Jesus Christ.

July 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

I don't see scientologists going into our government and attempting to mandate their religious beliefs. I don't see them attempting to strip the rights away from those they think are immoral. I especially don't hear of scientologists letting children die because they think that "If I just pray hard enough, God will heal my child". Do you? Look past your persecution complex and open your eyes to the fact that those things are not unprovoked.

July 11, 2012 at 8:03 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

they joined the Pagan alliance,.. so its kinda unconventional to attack some one whose on our side,.. on that note i got nothing against them they are just following their beliefs they haven't hurt any one outside their religion,... yet

July 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

Correction: There are no god-hating atheists. Do you hate leprechauns and fairies? We can't hate what we don't believe exists. Make sense?

July 11, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

he didn't say Atheist he said freaks,.. i assume he was talking about me,.. you know being a freak and all

, and i do believe in and hate their god,..i know unconventional of a tolerant and accepting Pagan but i see some one out to destroy me and mine and i get mad

July 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • Nan

As for hawaiiguests response to your question. hawaaiiguest, because of the secrecy of Scientology, you don't know that children and adults die because of lack of medical treatment because the cult is so secretive. The Scientologists don't believe in all of the medical treatment of modern medicine and think that they can heal with their minds, and when they do die, it's behind cult compound doors and they quickly dispose of the diseased body. They don't necessarily have any type of memorial for the person and don't even tell relatives who aren't Scientologists about the death. A lot of people die of things that could have been easily treated and prevented. It's another thing that the Scientologists won't admit, but they have some pretty strange and secretive methods..

July 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
    • sam stone

sean: people cannot hate something in which they do not believe. and, some of them make fun of the adherents of all religions.

July 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
  7. rob

Tom Cruise and The Church of Scientology are perfect for each other.

July 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
  8. theoldfool1950

It's a church that it's founder, a science fiction writer, began to lower his taxes. He was a tax cheat. Just because they have no respect for "free will" doesnt make them a church and should not give them exempt status. It's just another scan to allow small minds to control smaller minds. Those on top are all the public gets to see, you never see the those who have given up their free will to be a part of something bigger than themselves. They chose poorly. Good for Katie. She is obviously a strong person who knows actors when she sees them. Tell us everything, Katie.

July 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
  9. Kal

Get a life..3rd marriage.....who's next????? You're not that great looking by the way....I have friends gals would be on their knees for and it's not about $$$$$$$$$$$$. But that's all you see. Good luck Tom.

July 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
  10. Dale

See I dont think Scientology is quite as bad as people are making it out to be...I dont think its a cult either...I think this lady who spoke out is someone who is stirring things up on purpose...the higher ranking people almost seem like they are characters out of a James Bond movie...seriously people...lets use common sense and not read to much into more than likely a very bogus report?

July 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm |
    • Morgan

Dale, my friend ... if you knew about things like their cozy little compound hideaway in the San Bernardino Mountains ... you'd think twice about suggesting this woman is overreacting. Scientology is bat&$&t crazy.

July 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm |
    • Nan

Dale, I know that you are a Scientologist puppet planting this to brainwash us into going along with your propaganda. We're not as gullible as you are, so your post didn't do its job.

July 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
    • theoldfool1950

It's a scam! How do you feel about fraud? They build these posh houses of worship all over the world. It is as if they are modern day pharohs.

July 11, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
    • spoddney

Just skip to 18mins...where he discovered (through being audited) he was the father of Jesus Christ...now tell me if you think this is a cult or not.

July 11, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
    • Robert

HA! posh houses of worship. That is a laugh. Granted I haven't been in an org in 20 years, but they find any cheap place they can. I have been in quite a few local orgs (in various cities) they are plain. The people are underpaid and the services and books that they "sell", most of the money goest to rent and lights. In the Sea Org they are treated more like a navy. The ones that have the money are the ones that cater to the wealthier clientelle. It's a matter of having the money on hand. There are 3 or 4 orgs that are "showcases". There's 50(?) more that are just plain janes.

July 11, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
    • Dale

I'm sorry, but I really dont think this scientology is that bad...I'm not a scientologist either...but I think these people who believe in scientology dont even consider it a religion, i think that categorize it for tax breaks...I think there are alot of made up stories on this...but again I have never been to san bernadino either

July 11, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
  11. Bob

Let's see. First, a hack science fiction writer decides to start a new religion to make a quick buck. Then, unlike most hare-brained ideas, this one actually catches on. In fact it does so well the founder doesn't know how to handle all the money (he was, of course, still just a hack science fiction writer) and so he had to be let go, liquidated, as it were. The official version is that he fell off of his private yacht and was swallowed by a whale, but there are other theories that suggest he might have had a little help and been wearing a Chicago necktie at the time of the incident. The active recruitment of people who have been featured on "Life Styles of the Rich and Brain Dead" and on the covers of the tabloids gives credence to the idea that the whole thing was begun, is now, and forever shall be just another money making scam flying under the banner (and tax exempt status) of religion. Ask yourself this: Does a real religion need celebrity endorsements?

July 11, 2012 at 7:22 pm |
    • theoldfool1950

Boy, I couldn't have said it better. Thanks. I needed that.

July 11, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
    • moviestar

Just about sums it up! I wonder how much money TC gave to this organization. Money would of better be spent for something worthwhile. The spiritual enlightment thing didn't seem to work for TC. ........3 divorces and the millions he put out, in addition to being a lost soul now. Kinda a sad how this ended up.

July 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm |
  12. Robert

@hawaiiguest – let me rephrase. From the posting I see from athiests they would rather I not believe in anything that believe in god, a god, or whatever my belief. I DO NO CARE what your belief is, that is up to you. I will grant that many atheists are of the live and let live variety and more agnostic than non-believers, but they are rarely the ones that post. I am not promoting one religion over another nor trying to lead you anywhere. You have a right to your path, my only point is just because someone is not n your path doen't make them wrong and to many of the athiests quit telling me to get off my path.

July 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

I have an issue with your post. I think that you are putting agnosticism within the same scope of atheism, and this is kind of wrong.

Agnosticism/Gnosticism deal with knowledge, or claims to knowledge.
      Theism/Atheism deals with beliefs or lack thereof.
      It's very possible to identify both as atheist and agnostic, since they are not mutually exclusive.
      I think what your describing is the so-called "strong/weak atheism".
      Keep in mind, that some people tend to be that way because of the harm that religion can do to the individual, and the actions that people can take in response to some religious beliefs.

July 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • Robert

That they could be both was my point. I said that many are.

July 11, 2012 at 7:45 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Robert,

you say: "they would rather I not believe in anything tha(n?) believe in god"

No, not necessarily. From my stand point, I am happy for you to believe anything you want so long as you don't try to, or want to, convert me.

There is a lot of very childish "I reject your reality and want to replace it with my own" silliness that goes on here.

Atheists believe in lots of things, just not God.

July 11, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

Your post makes it sound as if you think that agnostic is merely a less hardline stance than atheism.

"I will grant that many atheists are of the live and let live variety and more agnostic than non-believers"

Mixing those two terms in the sentence in that way muddies the difference between the two.

July 11, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • Nan

Robert, Allow me to apologize for the tone I used in my reply to you a few minutes ago. I don't know how to italicize on here and used capital letters, and the Kool-Aid comment was impolite. I'm not usually one to be rude when someone voices a difference of opinion. I just don't think that you realize that when you are giving a Cliffs Notes version of all of the world's beliefs in a criticism and defending Scientology, I thought, "Wow. This man defends a cult that has abused and detained people, even children, against their will and been behind so many horrible crimes, yet manages to put down everyone else. That's bold!" Read the Village Voices series of articles on the subject of Scientology, Operation Freak out (concerning journalist Paulette Cooper), Operation Snow White (on Wikipedia, etc) and the ex-Scientology kids website. When you find out the truth of what Scientology really is, you will understand why the public is not supportive of its practices. I

July 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • Robert

@Nan I don't believe that there aren't some abuses, but that's no different that someone using the Bible or Koran to condone atrocities. When a priest molests a child it is not due to the teachings of the Bible. When a suicide bomber blo ws himeself up, it's not due to the Koran. The Torah teaches that killing is a sin, so when Isralais boms some Mosque it isn't the Torah that said to do it. Atrocities are carried out by people usually contrary to the teachings of the philosophy they subscribe to. As I said before, Scientology is an offshoot of Buddahism. I know a lot of Scientologists, every one I know is a pasciist, anti-drug and tries to be fair to a fault. This is not everyone, but look at the actual teaching before you condemn it.

July 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm |
    • GodFreeNow

For the record, the bible doesn't condemn molestation and r.ape... only 2 dudes getting it on.

July 11, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
    • Bugmenot

RTORBOELRLT (Robert troll)

July 14, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  13. TomGI

This cult, I mean church, has a "commanding officer"? OMG!

July 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
  14. Your Religion Might Be Bullshіt If...

July 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm |
  15. Pilgrim

I firmly believe that scientology is the largest cult in todays society. These people are deluded, and don't know that you cannot get into Heaven on good works or on their own rightsness. When they die they will stand before a Holy God, only to hear the words depart from me , I never knew you; and will be cast into hell for all eternity. The Holy Bible says that Jesus Christ is the only way to get into Heaven. by confessing your sins and asking Christ to come into your heart and by believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Bible also says that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. I feel sorry for all of the scientologists. The god of this world satan has blinded their eyes . That's it !!!

July 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
    • John

According the Holy Quran you are wrong and are going to hell be being a Christian heathen.

All organized religion is delusional and it is all the same bullshit.

July 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
    • The Devil Is In The Details

People can walk in the light, or choose to walk in darkness. It's their choice.

July 11, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
    • GetACrew

It always makes me laugh when members of one religion call another religion a cult. Scientology is nonsense! Who could believe that crap? Why don't they become Christians where we believe sensible, logical things like people resurrecting from the dead, getting turned into pillars of salt, walking on water, curing blindness with mudpacks, having conversations with shrubbery, and parting the sea with a wooden staff. And let's believe that a guy who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago is one day going to come back and take us all to his dad's house in the sky. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm |
  16. Truth

We're living in Satan's Kingdom of The Cults.

July 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
    • The Devil Is In The Details

Unfortunately, some Christian churches fall into that category. I would say the churches of 'prosperity' in particular.

July 11, 2012 at 7:18 pm |
  17. Get a Grip

Just because one's a wealthy Hollywood elite it doesn't necessarily make one intelligent and rational. The only ones cleaning up financially are the ones in charge. L.Ron Hubbard, when he was alive, no doubt laughed all the way to the bank. Suckers!

July 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
  18. Robert

People here are so intolerant.
    Religion n. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.
    Scientology has its roots in Buddhism and literally means the study of knowledge.
    There can be no doubt that it fits the above definition.
    I know Scientologists, (ex- and non-)Scientologists who don't like the practice, (ex- and non-) ex-Scientologists who do like the practice,
    I have never heard, from a Scientology perspective, about aliens, life on other planets, or much of the crazy media stuff you read about.
    I have known many that have left, including me, and it's not hard, they do try to convince you to stay and they try to figure out why you want to leave, but it's not that hard. There's a standard form.
    When you put in perspective some of their practices they are as "religious" as other religions.
    Yes, L Ron Hubbard was a fiction writer, but the vision of hell that most Christians accept came from another fiction writer Dante Alighieri, hell only appears in the Bible once, and not like the Divine Comedy.
    Paul's Letters to the Romans was not supposed to be a religious text, you just can't tell what will be seen as divine inspiration from a fiction writer or the Apostle following a carpenter.
    An using celebrity to further a cause... oh no group religious or otherwise does that. [that was sarcastic for those who missed it], Christianity was a cult in Rome until Constantine the Great converted.

July 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm |
    • Trollman

Stop posting the same thing over and over

July 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

Gee I never knew that I believed in nothing. And here I was actually taking the difference between disbelief in a claim and believing nothing. You have such an insight into the minds of atheists, you should feel proud.
      /sarcasm

July 11, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
    • Robert

I tried to find the other posting and I coulnd't. I didn know if I just couldn't find it or it was deleted.

July 11, 2012 at 7:13 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Robert,

it's on page 22. Please don't assume things here regularly get deleted. There isn't much moderation. The hateful tripe that should be deleted gets to stay and the word filter prevents lots of meaningful posts appearing.

Cut and paste jobs don't get taken seriously by people who recognize them.

July 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
    • Nan

"Robert", We're not interested in drinking your Kool-Aid. I can't speak for all Christians, and I can't speak for other faiths, agnostics, or atheists, but I think that you pretty much have voiced intolerance towards most of us. Good luck with THAT working for your cult's public image.

July 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
    • Pilgrim

So Robert , What faith or religion do you ascribe to? Athiests already have their tombstones inscribed with these words;
      ALL DRESSED UP AND NO WHERE TO GO but hell will gladly accept them.

July 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm |
    • Robert

@I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV, ty and I agree about cut and past. I don't post much and have had things deleted for some arbratary stuff.

Others read my post @hawaiiguest up a little.

July 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Robert

regarding your comment directed at atheists: "And for the Atheists out there, belief in something is better than a belief in nothing."

Surely you admit to being provocative there. Had you said, "I find that a belief in something is better than a belief in nothing" there would likely be less response, though I wouldn't guarantee it.

There is so much 'baiting and biting' practiced between atheists and theists here that any statement might be considered a challenge.

July 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • OTOH

Pilgrim: "ALL DRESSED UP AND NO WHERE TO GO"
      (that was o–l–d before @HeavenSent brought it up about a year ago)

The same inscription is apt for the believers' tombstones.

July 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
    • Robert

@Nan The only intolerance I showed was to Athiests that tell me that my belief is BS. I am Christan, have read my religous texts, not just the Bible. I try to get as many perspectives as I can. I know enough to not take all texts, especially ones translated 10 times over 1500 years, and absolute truth. You have to UNDERSTAND what is being written and why, not just follow blindly. I drink nor serve any Kool-aid

July 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
    • Helpful Hints

Robert,

There are no live moderators here. Rather than being deleted, some of your past posts may have included one or more of these:

Bad letter combinations / words to avoid if you want to get past the CNN automatic filter:
      Many, if not most, are buried within other words, so use your imagination.
      You can use dashes, spaces, or other characters or some html tricks to modify the "offending" letter combinations.
      ---
      ar-se.....as in ar-senic.
      co-ck.....as in co-ckatiel, co-ckatrice, co-ckleshell, co-ckles, etc.
      co-on.....as in racc-oon, coc-oon, etc.
      cu-m......as in doc-ument, accu-mulate, circu-mnavigate, circu-mstances, cu-mbersome, cuc-umber, etc.
      cu-nt.....as in Scu-nthorpe, a city in the UK famous for having problems with filters...!
      ef-fing...as in ef-fing filter
      ft-w......as in soft-ware, delft-ware, swift-water, drift-wood, etc.
      ho-mo.....as in ho-mo sapiens or ho-mose-xual, ho-mogenous, etc.
      ho-rny....as in tho-rny, etc.
      hu-mp… as in th-ump, th-umper, th-umping
      jacka-ss...yet "ass" is allowed by itself.....
      ja-p......as in j-apanese, ja-pan, j-ape, etc.
      koo-ch....as in koo-chie koo..!
      nip-ple
      o-rgy….as in po-rgy, zo-rgy, etc.
      pi-s......as in pi-stol, lapi-s, pi-ssed, therapi-st, etc.
      p-orn… as in p-ornography
      pr-ick....as in pri-ckling, pri-ckles, etc.
      que-er
      ra-pe.....as in scra-pe, tra-peze, gr-ape, thera-peutic, sara-pe, etc.
      se-x......as in Ess-ex, s-exual, etc.
      sl-ut
      sm-ut…..as in transm-utation
      sn-atch
      sp-ank
      sp-ic.....as in desp-icable, hosp-ice, consp-icuous, susp-icious, sp-icule, sp-ice, etc.
      sp-oon
      sp-ook… as in sp-ooky, sp-ooked
      strip-per
      ti-t......as in const-itution, att-itude, ent-ities, alt-itude, beat-itude, etc.
      tw-at.....as in wristw-atch, nightw-atchman, etc.
      va-g......as in extrava-gant, va-gina, va-grant, va-gue, sava-ge, etc.
      who-re....as in who're you kidding / don't forget to put in that apostrophe!
      wt-f....also!!!!!!!
      There's another phrase that someone found, "wo-nderful us" (have no idea what sets that one off).

July 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
    • Robert

ok I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV read my later post too to @hawaiiguest.

July 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm |
  19. Trollman

atheism is a cult of self worship!

No logic and reason required.

July 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm |
    • Trollman

I worship myself a lot, too. In fact, I'm worshiping myself right now.

July 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
    • Trollman

lol get your own name dumb troll.

July 11, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
    • Trollman

Lying again? Typical.

July 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
    • Trollman

My screen name is blueYours isn't.

You must be stupid.

July 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
    • Trollman

Mine name is black and this must mean you are even dumber

July 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
    • Trollman

It tells you are an actual troll who steals names.

July 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm |
  20. Eugenia

This is by and far a CULT!!!

July 11, 2012 at 6:59 pm |