home
RSS
Chick-fil-A's marriage stance causing a social storm
July 19th, 2012

Chick-fil-A's marriage stance causing a social storm

By Brad Lendon, CNN

(CNN)–The fact that Chick-fil-A is a company that espouses Christian values is no secret. The fact that its 1,600 fast-food chicken restaurants across the country are closed on Sundays has long been testament to that.

But the comments of company President Dan Cathy about gay marriage to Baptist Press on Monday have ignited a social media wildfire.

10 religious companies (besides Chick-fil-A)

"Guilty as charged,", Cathy said when asked about his company's support of the traditional family unit as opposed to gay marriage.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

"We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy is quoted as saying.

CNN's This Just In Blog has the full social media reaction to the latest Chick-fil-A flap
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity

soundoff (1,061 Responses)
  1. John

Some argue that since homosexual behavior is "unnatural" it is contrary to the order of creation. Behind this pronouncement are stereotypical definitions of masculinity and femininity that reflect rigid gender categories of patriarchal society. There is nothing unnatural about any shared love, even between two of the same gender, if that experience calls both partners to a fuller state of being. Contemporary research is uncovering new facts that are producing a rising conviction that homosexuality, far from being a sickness, sin, perversion or unnatural act, is a healthy, natural and affirming form of human sexuality for some people. Findings indicate that homosexuality is a given fact in the nature of a significant portion of people, and that it is unchangeable.

Our prejudice rejects people or things outside our understanding. But the God of creation speaks and declares, "I have looked out on everything I have made and `behold it (is) very good'." . The word (Genesis 1:31) of God in Christ says that we are loved, valued, redeemed, and counted as precious no matter how we might be valued by a prejudiced world.

There are few biblical references to homosexuality. The first, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, is often quoted to prove that the Bible condemns homosexuality. But the real sin of Sodom was the unwillingness of the city's men to observe the laws of hospitality. The intention was to insult the stranger by forcing him to take the female role in the sex act. The biblical narrative approves Lot's offer of his virgin daughters to satisfy the sexual demands of the mob. How many would say, "This is the word of the Lord"? When the Bible is quoted literally, it might be well for the one quoting to read the text in its entirety.

Leviticus, in the Hebrew Scriptures, condemns homosexual behaviour, at least for males. Yet, "abomination", the word Leviticus uses to describe homosexuality, is the same word used to describe a menstruating woman. Paul is the most quoted source in the battle to condemn homosexuality ( 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 and Romans 1: 26-27). But homosexual activity was regarded by Paul as a punishment visited upon idolaters by God because of their unfaithfulness. Homosexuality was not the sin but the punishment.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Paul gave a list of those who would not inherit the Kingdom of God. That list included the immoral, idolaters, adulterers, sexual perverts, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, and robbers. Sexual perverts is a translation of two words; it is possible that the juxtaposition of malakos, the soft, effeminate word, with arsenokoitus, or male prostitute, was meant to refer to the passive and active males in a homosexual liaison.

Thus, it appears that Paul would not approve of homosexual behavior. But was Paul's opinion about homosexuality accurate, or was it limited by the lack of scientific knowledge in his day and infected by prejudice born of ignorance? An examination of some of Paul's other assumptions and conclusions will help answer this question. Who today would share Paul's anti-Semitic attitude, his belief that the authority of the state was not to be challenged, or that all women ought to be veiled? In these attitudes Paul's thinking has been challenged and transcended even by the church! Is Paul's commentary on homosexuality more absolute than some of his other antiquated, culturally conditioned ideas?

Three other references in the New Testament (in Timothy, Jude and 2 Peter) appear to be limited to condemnation of male sex slaves in the first instance, and to showing examples (Sodom and Gomorrah) of God's destruction of unbelievers and heretics (in Jude and 2 Peter respectively).

That is all that Scripture has to say about homosexuality. Even if one is a biblical literalist, these references do not build an ironclad case for condemnation. If one is not a biblical literalist there is no case at all, nothing but prejudice born of ignorance, that attacks people whose only crime is to be born with an unchangeable sexual predisposition toward those of their own sex.

July 19, 2012 at 10:48 am |
    • HeavenSent

John stop telling Jesus what He had Holy men scribe and read what He had scribed. Big difference. Gays pay attention to man made lies getting away from Jesus' truth. Man isn't going to be standing next to a gay person when he's face to face with His creator, Jesus Christ.

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • YeahRight

"Gays pay attention to man made lies getting away from Jesus' truth. "

You have no clue what the truth is heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
  2. BoldGeorge

Oh no...not another CNN article brandishing a Christian belief stance against the readers. I have to admit, CNN does a terrific job posting articles and opinions about the ills of Christianity, never the real meaning behind Christ and His salvation, because that is what biblical Christianity is all about. It's not about snake-handlers, Koran burnings, gay-bashers or any sin-bashing to that respect, nor is it about end-time fanatics, or judging others, or going against the flow just to "Act" differently than the rest.

Biblical Christianity is this, to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 2: 2) and the reason why He was crucified. And that reason was for us to have a true hope in being saved from sin, from hell and from ourselves. A true Christian will preach this biblical message of love, that without Christ we cannot enter into God's kingdom no matter how hard we try nor how much more good than bad we think we've done. No one is good, no not one. Our righteousness can never compare to God's righteous standards. As a matter of fact, He is not looking for our good deeds nor our self-righteousness. God is calling people to come to Christ's righteousness. Through Him we can make it, not through ourselves.

Having written all this, anyone who claims to be a Christian and does not preach this, which by the way is all in the Bible, he or she will be preaching the wrong message...kind of what has been happening for the past one hundred years. A true believer does not bash any sinner, for he or she is a sinner themselves who have been redeemed–and all I want is others to be redeemed as well. That is all.

July 19, 2012 at 10:42 am |
    • Eric G

Hitler was a believer. Hitler accepted your Christ. Is Hitler in your heaven?

July 19, 2012 at 10:46 am |
    • BolderGeorge

Why don't you go to Faux news if you don't like what CNN writes? Seriously, judge not, lest ye be judged. Get lost!

July 19, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • BoldGeorge

Also...true believers will point out sin and how to avoid it–not point out the sinner themselves. It is sin in our life that will keep us away from God and we will never be able to have a close relationship with Him with a sinful unrepentant heart. But the biggest sin that God will resist us for is PRIDE. Because it is pride that will make us live in a way that makes us un-needy to God's redemption.

July 19, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then why is it you and HS are the most sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing posters here?

July 19, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • Peter

"But the biggest sin that God will resist us for is PRIDE."

Which you reek of in your posts.

July 19, 2012 at 10:54 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Eric G

Christ lived for and promoted this: Love God with all of your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. He also cried over Israel because He loved His people. This is my Christ. Was this HItler's Christ and was his belief system the same as Scripture???

July 19, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

BoldGeorge, Jesus Christ died on the cross as a man. The rest is a myth. It's so sad that people believe in a myth that is 2000 years old without ANY proof besides a man-written book! Christians are the least intelligent people in America and we're the ones tearing this country apart until we're so weak that another country will be able to take us over.

July 19, 2012 at 11:03 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Tom Tom

Why do you see me as a self-aggrandizing poster here? If it makes you more at ease, let me state this: I am in no way shape or form better than anyone, nor have I ever claimed that. Because I read my Bible doesn't make me better than anyone either, but the Bible has showed me and continues to show me how wretched I am and what it takes to have a personal relationship with God through Christ. And this is what I would love others to see. That is all. Reading and believing the Bible for what it says does not aggrandize anyone, but it actually humbles me, you and anyone who open's up to it.

Luke 11:10
      For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

July 19, 2012 at 11:17 am |
    • rAmen

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

— The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"

July 19, 2012 at 11:38 am |
    • Eric G

@BoldGeorge: "Your" Christ? What makes your description of Christ more accurate than Hitler or anyone else?

My opinion would be that you think that you are a better person than Hitler was. Because you think you are a better person, your belief system must be better too. Because you think your belief system is better, what you believe in must be better. Because the subject of your belief is better than the subject of Hitler's belief, you think your Christ must be a totally different Christ than the Christ Hitler worshiped.

Of course, I could be wrong. There may be millions of Christ's running around, so they may be different. Or maybe, just maybe your Christ is man made, which explains why he hates all the same stuff you do?

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, it's called being a salty Christian towards you unbelievers.

July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

BG, dear, you are not believable. Your posts about society and the past reveal you to be a self-righteous, self-satisfied proselytizer.

You're the old coot who yells "You kids get off my lawn" and then mumbles into his coffee about the downfall of society and how it's all the fault of the ending of forced prayer in school.

Get off it. You're not even close to being genuine.

July 19, 2012 at 11:47 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, it's not called anything of the kind except by a nitwit who doesn't know what "ghee" is or how to spell "principles".

July 19, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • HeavenSent

Phony heavensent, I never posted to BoldGeorge.

July 19, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, I do know how to spell miserable and you are that.

July 19, 2012 at 11:49 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then why read my posts, HS? I thought you were SKIPPING them. Was that a lie, too?

July 19, 2012 at 11:50 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Bold George, you ask why I think your posts are full of self-pride. Here's one of your diatribes: "But it just so happens that from the establishment of this country to the early 20th century, this country was predominantly a Christian nation. There was prayer in public schools, even creationism was taught public education's start-up, many laws, policies and political statements were based on Christianity and Christianity as a whole was defended and promoted. Now, we have the total opposite and this country is now living in chaos. And if you are oblivious to the days we are currently living, then that is where the problem lies. So please do please do your homework on early America and its Christian-themed beginnings."

You are full of misinformation about this nation's history, yet you refuse to learn. You blame the public schools for creating "chaos" because they won't teach Christianity and force students to recite Christian prayers, as if that would solve all of society's ills. You think that teaching children the lies of Creationism will make them 'good citizens' when it will make them nothing but ignorant. You are proud of your prejudice against anyone who doesn't subscribe to your brand of belief and would force all to adhere to your religion, when that is precisely what the founders did NOT espouse. You think you know better than everyone else and that if only we'd all do as you believe, the nation would be perfect. What else can anyone call that but HUBRIS?

July 19, 2012 at 11:58 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Eric G and Tom Tom

Ok, if you cannot understand much less accurately respond to my comments, you are much much less going to understand and accurately respond to the Bible, which by the way takes a spiritual discernment to approach it, not human wisdom. Or maybe, just maybe I am not really getting my point across too well. If it's the latter, I am truly sorry...because my point is the sin of pride and self-righteousness is what I am trying to preach against. Humility, spiritual discernment and righteousness only through Jesus Christ is what I am promoting.

And it may seem like to you that I am claiming to know all the Bible and my way is the truth. My friend, it is the total OPPOSITE. It is not my truth nor my way. I read, believe and preach the Bible as it is, not as it suits me. And trust me, the Bible as it is does not suit me if I want to indulge in my fleshly pleasures, like I've had in the past. But I have committed myself to learning, knowing and following the teachings of Christ and sharing my newfound joy of hope with the world.

July 19, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You can't fake it, BG. You are full of self-satisfaction that you possess the key to 'truth' when all you have is a book that allows you to excuse your prejudices as justified by some god.

July 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • rAmen

so what does the bible say about eating pork?

July 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

God told us he created scavengers to clean the earth and the seas. Eating a scavenger is a sin against your body because it can or will make you sick. It's not a sin against God. He's just telling us what is good and what is not.

July 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

So you never touch lobster, then, HS?

July 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • just sayin

HeavenSent

Just for clarity. Is there a recording tha of this or is this that we can listen to or is this from a doc u ment written by a man?

July 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • rAmen

so... rabbits are also "scavengers"? awesome science

July 19, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Eric G

@BoldGeorge: "I read, believe and preach the Bible as it is, not as it suits me."

So, as Hitler was a believer in Christ, do you think he is in your Heaven?

I am not trying to challenge or mock your belief, I really am curious as to your response and how you would justify your position.

July 19, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Eric G

I am no one nor do I like to put myself in the position of judging who is going to heaven and who is being cast into hell. But to satisfy and respond to your question, I will tell you this, that according to the Bible, Hitler did not believe in, follow or live for, nor preached the Jesus Christ of the Bible. So, according to the Bible, not me...Hitler is definitely not in Heaven.

July 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • Hush Puppy

Catfish are also scavengers, eating many types of dead things that come into the river or pond. They can eat carrion such as dead fish, dead bugs, or anything else that is dead.

Sorry, southerners.

(I like catfish too, though!)

July 19, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • Honey Badger Dont Care

BG,

That is a bold assumption that is absolutely not backed up by facts. I’m not going to give the quotes from HitIer and from the pope at the time and from everywhere else. There is OVERWHELMING evidence that he did in fact believe in god/Jesus and was using that as a basis for what he did.

This shows that belief in something for which there is no evidence for it’s existence is a very bad thing.

July 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Honey Badger

I have a coworker who is actually an atheist, really nice guy. Though he has an opposite belief system as mine, he did state this once: "To blame someone's negative actions on Buddha, Mohammed, God, Christ or even the devil is just as bad an excuse as saying 'my dog ate my homework'." I will tell you this though, many dictators and tyrants, especially communists, do not believe in God but believe in the evolutionary theory and the survival of the fittest.

Though it is true that one's behavior and proceedings will be based on their belief system, it is very important to note that a twisted version of a belief system that is suppose to bring you to righteous behavior is just as bad as any outright evil belief system.

July 19, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
    • Eric G

@BoldGeorge: For you to claim that, based on what the Bible says, Hitler is not in your Heaven, you are making an as-sumption that your interpretation of the Bible is correct. What verifiable supporting evidence can you present to show that you have the correct interpretation and all others are wrong?

July 19, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • Eric G

@BoldGeorge: Sorry, I have to leave so I will not be able to play this all the way out.

Let me skip to the end.

Your position is called the "No True Scottsman Fallacy". Google it, when you get a minute.

July 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Eric G

If you wish to come back and read my response to your previous comment, here it is: The evidence is this (and it's quite simple really). What did Hitler promote? What did he do? Who was he acting for and against? Did he further God's kingdom with his beliefs, actions and ultimate conclusion in life?

That is why he is not currently nor will he ever enter God's kingdom. And this is all according to the Bible. It's not my interpretation. It's scriptural fact. Furthermore, if you really knew the doctrine of Jesus Christ, just a minor part of it, you would have realized that you can't even place Hitler in the same sentence as Christ, much less claim that he believed in Him.

Besides, Jesus Himself stated in Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - And it is clearly revealed that the will of His Father is to receive, trust, believe in and follow His Son and His righteousness. Nothing Hitler ever did was righteous according to Scripture. And through Scripture is how I know who God is, what His heaven is like and who will inherit it.

July 19, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  3. JP

Is homosexuality a sin?

Self-indulgence is a sin. But the relationship of two people of the same sex may or may not be self-indulgent.

Abusing the neighbor is a sin. But the exploration of relationships among homosexuals as they search for partners, evaluate their existing formative relationships, and relate to each other may or may not be abusive.

Disobeying what God commands in the Bible is a sin. But, we have biblically-derived criteria for assessing and applying specific commands by reading them against larger themes.
    Turning your back on God is a sin. Homosexuals are often among those who have turned their back on the church, and may be sinning because they also rejected the God they found in church. The church needs to be in mission to homosexuals with the message of Jesus and who God really is.

Yielding to your passions, even celebrating them is a sin. Homosexuals do include those who have done this. But it is not an inherent aspect of being gay.

Since we see people who have dedicated themselves to God, and for whom their gay sexual life is integrated into that decision and we see that their sexuality does not draw them away from church we must conclude that being and living gay is not a behavior in and of itself that produces pain to the neighbor and leads one away from God.

By the criteria the scripture sets for us for what is godly life, and by the reasoning scripture asks us to employ, homosexuality cannot be described as against God’s law.

If this seems like a rather quiet sort of justification for homosexuality, then perhaps it is because the grand clichés of this debate have been shouted at us for too long. But look at the Bible: it's demands and vision cut across all categories, not staying on the surface but penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart, rejecting all forms of self-justification, all forms of attack on the "other" and all forms of escape from God's assessment of our behavior. How on earth could we have ever thought that a series of flat rules was all God wanted to tell us on morality?

July 19, 2012 at 10:25 am |
    • Robert Brown

What I think God is trying to tell us through the old testament law and even the teachings of Jesus is that we are all sinners who need a savior. If you were to totally ignore the law and live by the new testament alone, I think you would find that you still can’t obey it. That is the point, if you believe his word you realize you need him. Christ has done everything for our salvation. It is your trust in Him that saves you, nothing more nothing less.

July 19, 2012 at 11:04 am |
    • PRISM 1234

@JP
      Your post sounds right and good to those who have no discernment of God. But just as satan uses the Scriptures to twist the Word of God, so you have used the one in Hebrews 4:12 to put a stamp of authenticity/authority on what you're saying.
      If you really knew God and had the witness of His Spirit in you, you would recognize that what you say is not aligned with the Word fo God and testimony of His Spirit. You can cling on to the Name of Jesus and clothe yourself in robes of righteousness all you want, but if you deny the testimony of the Holy Spirit of God, who is the Spirit of Truth, you are deceiving yourself and living in a lie.

The only thing that needs to be said about h-uality, to make it clear: This is a sin like any other. It is not sinful to be tempted. Every sin that man commits starts in the mind. Satan plants the thought, and when a thought , not being resisted, has taken root, coems to a full growth, and before long it becomes an action.
      But do you have to let the bird build a nest on your head, just because it flew over it?....
      But when we are told by "experts" that to do what we want is our "right", and to live out our urges is only natural action on satisfying our "needs", then it is no wonder that we have generation of people who go by what that cursed man Aleister Crowley thought and preached. And those who clothe their teachings to appear more refined, are messengers of satan just the same as he was..... no difference!

July 19, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • JWT

I have no need of jesus. Never have and never will.

July 19, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • PRISM 1234

@JWT
      A blind man who never saw the light of day says he doesn't need eyes to see either!

July 19, 2012 at 11:41 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Prissy, do you actually know how to read?

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • HeavenSent

JP, you're just another fool that tries to tell folks what Jesus had Holy men scribe instead of reading what He had Holy men scribe. You're lost in darkness with all others that are on the wide path to destruction.

July 19, 2012 at 11:51 am |
    • JWT

I am not blind – how insulting of you to say that I am. I merely do not subscribe to your religion.

July 19, 2012 at 11:53 am |
    • 0G-No gods, ghosts, ghouls or goblins

"god" is not trying to tell us anything 'cause there are no gods! Until some believer comes up with some evidence, and there has been none for 2,000+ years, it's all man-made bullshit.

July 19, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • Which God??

Wow,JP. You opened your mouth.... and you spouted nonsense. Alot of it, and couched in a manner as to make yourself look it was reasoned out. Fail. It's still BS.

July 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

There's only one God and His name is Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior that died for all our sins to defeat death which is satan who is a liar. Believe in Jesus and you live. Believe satan's lies and you die. Very Truth of His to follow with the free will He gave all of us.

July 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
    • Honey Badger Dont Care

Actually there are over 2700 different deities worshiped all over the Earth. As far as xtianity goes, there are over 30,000 different, many mutually exclusive, denominations. It seems very farfetched that all of that can come from one moldy, Middle Eastern book.

Go ahead with the “No True Scotsman” fallacy.

July 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • YeahRight

"But when we are told by "experts" that to do what we want is our "right", and to live out our urges is only natural action on satisfying our "needs""

This just proves you have no clue about this subject, except ranting of a deeply prejudice person. It's stupidity like this that is fueling the bullying in our society. Heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

JWT,
      If you deny your own soul, you are dead while you live. And you walk in darkness, as a blind man.
      My intent i snot to insult you.Why would I want to do that?I don't' hold grudge or bitterness. But if I'm going to say anything to you, I won't sugarcoat it.
      What I said is true. Those who deny their souls walk in darkness, and don't know where they are going....would you rather for me to speak comforting words , but lie to you?

July 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
  4. myweightinwords

A privately owned company has the right to say/support whatever it's owners care to. I stand behind that right.

Of course, I, as a consumer, also have the right to not purchase products from companies that support causes that I believe violate human rights.

It's all a part of living in our free society.

July 19, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • Eric G

Perfect. Well done.

July 19, 2012 at 10:36 am |
    • J.W

I hope to stand up to them by not purchasing their product as well, but their chicken nuggets are very tasty.

July 19, 2012 at 10:40 am |
    • Which God??

Good on you!

July 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • Dr.Toxic

So, by your logic:
      if every business owner decided not to cater to african-americans, that would be alright?
      if every business owner decided not to cater to jews, that would be alright?
      if every business owner decided not to cater to mexicans, puerto ricans, gays, the blind, mentally-handicapped, wheelchair-bound, the green-eyed...etc., etc, etc., THAT WOULD BE OKAY WITH YOU??

It might be ok with you – BUT IT IS WRONG.

July 19, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
      • myweightinwords

I never said it was "right", nor did I say that it was okay for them to chose not to SERVE a specific group. What I said was they have the RIGHT to their opinion and their RIGHT to speak that opinion.

In response, we have the right to see them for the ignorant, bigoted and hateful people that they are and refrain from doing business with them.

July 20, 2012 at 8:46 am |
  5. junior

Satan's biggest act of deception is making many believe that he doesn't exist. The comments which are filled with hate are a testament to his existence. More the reason to follow Jesus.

July 19, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • Who invited me?

mans biggest scam was making gullible people believe that there are gods, and god wrote an instruction manual for us...

July 19, 2012 at 10:19 am |
    • junior

So please, everyone, I implore you...worship Satan! He is powerful, glorious and better than God!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:19 am |
    • Wizard of Oz

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

July 19, 2012 at 10:20 am |
    • ttwp

The fool says in his heart there is no God.

July 19, 2012 at 10:36 am |
    • HeavenSent

Amen to the real junior. The phony junior that hijacks Christians handles lives in darkness.

July 19, 2012 at 10:37 am |
    • Who invited me?

just like a christian to start name calling

July 19, 2012 at 10:37 am |
    • junior Translator

Translation of the root post:

'I can't use logic and/or reasoning to support my ignorant, hateful, bigotted beliefs, so I'll just resort to name calling. I have to better argument. Plus, I have a Persecution Complex that I want to make everyone aware of.

July 19, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • HeavenSent

And I live in darkness with junior! We live in the same psych-ward right now and we have a lot of "fun" together...if you know what I mean! Yum!!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • HeavenSent

Scott should be fired from his webmaters job, but, then again he works for heathens.

July 19, 2012 at 11:53 am |
    • Dr.Toxic

Dear Junior, please answer the following for me:

If God can rid the world of evil but won't – that makes him malevolent.
      If God can rid the world of evil but can't – that makes him impotent.
      If God has both the ability and deisre to rid the world of evil – then why is there evil in the world?
      But if God has neither the ability or desire to rid the world of evil...then why call him God?

July 19, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • Lycidas

@Dr.Toxic- more rehashing of old questions eh?

If God got rid of free will...would that make him malevolent?

July 19, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • Dr.Toxic

Dear Lycidas: they may be old questions, but no one has ever answered them adequately.

So, your assertion is that we have free will? What does that have to do with the questions I asked? I am left to ponder only one thing: God has the power to rid the world of evil, but won't (instead he gave us free will). Is this what you believe?

Then I say God is malevolent.

July 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  6. YeahRight

"Having same sx attraction harms no one. Acting out on those impulses, similar to alcoholism, is what is bad."

Social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—are unfounded. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not differ from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being.

July 19, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • junior

The research differs alright in regards to children raised by sm sx couples.

July 19, 2012 at 10:19 am |
    • YeahRight

"The research differs alright in regards to children raised by sm sx couples."

Hundred of thousands of experts have proven you WRONG! Duh!

July 19, 2012 at 10:21 am |
    • JohnJr

Junior, with your holier than thou spouting (which is getting old, because you're just coming across as crazy) where do you get facts about same s3x couples and how they raise children? Please keep your factless opinions to yourself unless you have something (that isn't right wing propaganda) worthwhile to say. Frankly, the way you go back and forth about being gay and not gay just sounds insane anyhow. How do you get access to a computer in a psych ward???

July 19, 2012 at 10:22 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Again, junior bird man, cite your source. I'm betting I know what it is, but cite it anyway. Everything you've posted here is, thus far, unsupported by research unless you cite it. Otherwise, it's nothing but your ignorant, unsupported opinion.

July 19, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

Follow man made lies does damage. Follow Jesus Christ's truth set anyone free from their bondage.

July 19, 2012 at 10:38 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Either HS is having a stroke or Nii has shown up with a new name.

July 19, 2012 at 10:41 am |
    • HeavenSent

I'll stick with the truth about gays written before the liars infiltrated the ranks of the societies you are basing your soul on. Man made lies not Jesus Christ's truth.

July 19, 2012 at 11:54 am |
    • just sayin

HeavenSent you are not making sense. You type broken engrish. Are you feeling okay today?

July 19, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • YeahRight

"I'll stick with the truth about gays written before the liars infiltrated the ranks of the societies you are basing your soul on."

That's why the experts also proved that what was written in the past about gays were done by bias and prejudice people, that includes the writers of the Bible. Duh! It's why they added the word homosexual later. LMAO!

July 19, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • HeavenSent

Just saying, those societies you want to believe in are not practicing Jesus' truth. Jesus created All, and told us what is best for us when reading His truth, the Bible. Which means in simple terms, follow man made lies sends you straight to hell. Follow Jesus' truth allows you to stop believing the man made lies, that being the gay lifestyle for one, adulterer for another, drunks, drug addicts etc... all being deceived by man made lies that love and follow satan.

July 19, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • YeahRight

"Which means in simple terms, follow man made lies sends you straight to hell. Follow Jesus' truth allows you to stop believing the man made lies, that being the gay lifestyle for one, adulterer for another, drunks, drug addicts etc... all being deceived by man made lies that love and follow satan."

What's sad is you're trying to use the Bible to justify your prejudice and bigotry which is nothing like your Christ. Heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
  7. Erik

"junior, being gay, alcoholic, drug addict, thief, liar is learned behavior"

Being gay is not a choice science, in fact, is actually not in dispute on this matter.

All major medical professional organizations concur that sexual orientation is not a choice and cannot be changed, from gay to straight or otherwise. The American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, and European Psychological, Psychiatric, and Medical Associations all agree with this, as does the World Health Organization and the medical organizations of Japan, China, and most recently, Thailand. Furthermore, attempts to change one's sexual orientation can be psychologically damaging, and cause great inner turmoil and depression, especially for Christian gays and lesbians.

Reparative therapy, also called conversion therapy or reorientation therapy, "counsels" LGBT persons to pray fervently and study Bible verses, often utilizing 12-step techniques that are used to treat sexual addictions or trauma. Such Christian councilors are pathologizing homosexuality, which is not a pathology but is a sexual orientation. Psychologically, that's very dangerous territory to tread on. All of the above-mentioned medical professional organizations, in addition to the American and European Counseling Associations, stand strongly opposed to any form of reparative therapy.

In my home country, Norway, reparative therapy is officially considered to be ethical malpractice. But there are many countries that do not regulate the practice, and many others that remain largely silent and even passively supportive of it (such as the Philippines). Groups that operate such "therapy" in the Philippines are the Evangelical Bagong Pag-asa, and the Catholic Courage Philippines.

The scientific evidence of the innateness of homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism is overwhelming, and more peer-reviewed studies which bolster this fact are being added all the time. Science has long regarded sexual orientation – and that's all sexual orientations, including heterosexuality – as a phenotype. Simply put, a phenotype is an observable set of properties that varies among individuals and is deeply rooted in biology. For the scientific community, the role of genetics in sexuality is about as "disputable" as the role of evolution in biology.

On the second point, that there is no conclusion that there is a "gay gene," they are right. No so-called gay gene has been found, and it's highly unlikely that one ever will. This is where conservative Christians and Muslims quickly say "See, I told you so! There's no gay gene, so being gay is a choice!"

Take this interesting paragraph I found on an Evangelical website: "The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" – meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are 'born that way.'"

But that's not at all what it means, and it seems Evangelicals are plucking out stand-alone phrases from scientific reports and removing them from their context. This is known in academia as the fallacy of suppressed evidence. Interestingly, this is also what they have a habit of doing with verses from the Bible.

This idea of sexuality being a choice is such a bizarre notion to me as a man of science. Many of these reparative "therapists" are basing this concept on a random Bible verse or two. When you hold those up against the mountain of scientific research that has been conducted, peer-reviewed, and then peer-reviewed again, it absolutely holds no water. A person's sexuality – whether heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual – is a very deep biological piece of who that person is as an individual.

The fact that a so-called "gay gene" has not been discovered does not mean that homosexuality is not genetic in its causation. This is understandably something that can seem a bit strange to those who have not been educated in fields of science and advanced biology, and it is also why people who are not scientists ought not try to explain the processes in simple black-and-white terms. There is no gay gene, but there is also no "height gene" or "skin tone gene" or "left-handed gene." These, like sexuality, have a heritable aspect, but no one dominant gene is responsible for them.

Many genes, working in sync, contribute to the phenotype and therefore do have a role in sexual orientation. In many animal model systems, for example, the precise genes involved in sexual partner selection have been identified, and their neuro-biochemical pathways have been worked out in great detail. A great number of these mechanisms have been preserved evolutionarily in humans, just as they are for every other behavioral trait we know (including heterosexuality).

Furthermore, there are many biologic traits which are not specifically genetic but are biologic nonetheless. These traits are rooted in hormonal influences, contributed especially during the early stages of fetal development. This too is indisputable and based on extensive peer-reviewed research the world over. Such prenatal hormonal influences are not genetic per se, but are inborn, natural, and biologic nevertheless.

Having said that, in the realm of legal rights, partnership rights, and anti-discrimination protections, the gay gene vs. choice debate is actually quite irrelevant. Whether or not something is a choice is not a suitable criterion for whether someone should have equal rights and protections. Religion is indisputably a choice, but that fact is a not a valid argument for discriminating against a particular religion.

July 19, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • HeavenSent

Science did not create man. Jesus Christ did and He had His truth scribed by Holy men to explain how He wants us to be the best that He wants us to be and how to get to know Him. The reasons for so many heartaches in the world is because people aren't reading His truth (the Bible).

July 19, 2012 at 10:40 am |
    • YeahRight

"Science did not create man. Jesus Christ did and He had His truth scribed by Holy men to explain how"

July 19, 2012 at 10:43 am |
    • HeavenSent

Those societies you follow are listed as Jesus' enemies. You following those lies sends you straight to hell with them. Your choice. Gays need to ask Jesus for forgiveness, ask Him if they can get closer to him by reading the Bible of what He wrote instead of what they wanted him to write, then, of course sin no more. Jesus will free those blinded to His truth if they just ask and seek Him.

July 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm |

"Your choice."

Obviously you have a really bad reading comprehension problem because being gay isn't a choice.

July 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  8. HeavenSent

With my GOD complex I know that I have the right to judge and condemn and hate with righteous indignation! That's what makes this country great! We Christians can hate, hate, hate and spread that hatred. It just feels so good to hate! It feels so good to be a loser too!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • HeavenSent

Phony heavensent, such a shame that you live in darkness. Come into Jesus' truth and see the light ... then you too can post His truth and get away from the babble of satan ... babble means lies and confusion.

July 19, 2012 at 10:42 am |
    • HeavenSent

I see myself! I am two people, I am three! I am filled with Gods light! I AM GOD! I don't need GOD I need Satan! I am insane! I love junior so much, I just can't help it! Come here junior! Yuuuuummmmm!

July 19, 2012 at 10:56 am |
    • Which God??

To WASP. Welcome home, brother, and Thank You for serving!

July 19, 2012 at 11:51 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, cough Scotty is having another meltdown of delusions. Come out of satan's darkness and start walking with Jesus' truth into the light.

July 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  9. *facepalm*

Can any bigot out there give any reason, outside of an ancient and highly immoral text, why gay marriage is harmful in any way?

July 19, 2012 at 10:15 am |

It is unsanitary

July 19, 2012 at 10:20 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You do know that straight couples have anal s3x, right, junior? And oral s3x?

It's not 'unsanitary' unless you're a slob.

July 19, 2012 at 10:22 am |
    • Who invited me?

if it is two gay guys, then they probably will plan the whole thing by themselves, which would harm the local wedding planner

July 19, 2012 at 10:22 am |
    • junior

And I should know...I'm full of the stuff!!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:23 am |
    • *facepalm*

@junior. Not necessarily. Plus, you do realize that married straight couples frequently engage in that behavior, correct? Fail. Try again. And also wouldn't apply to female homosexual couples.

So, please provide an actual reason against gay marriage. I won't be holding my breath.

July 19, 2012 at 10:37 am |
    • HeavenSent

You atheists are the bigots believing in satan's lies.

July 19, 2012 at 10:43 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

HS, why are you even here?

July 19, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • ,

"You atheists are the bigots believing in satan's lies."

That log in your eye is huge! What a hypocrite.

July 19, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

facepalm- You and I both agree that this Universe is govern by laws, with that being said, if you don't apply the right law you get the wrong result.

July 19, 2012 at 11:22 am |
    • *facepalm*

Kenrick – what laws are you talking about? Again, give a reason other than your immoral text, which is the only place you'll find your highly immoral "laws"

July 19, 2012 at 11:39 am |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

facepalm- Both scientific and God's laws.

July 19, 2012 at 11:52 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, I'm posting to ensure Jesus' truth is heard! As for the fool that can't even post his name, the log reference is to fools who don't know Jesus' truth.

July 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Do you really think anyone is listening to you, HS? You make yourself so ridiculous and obnoxious that any message you post is written off as the babble of a senile ninny.

July 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  10. Keith

I do have a god complex...I live to judge people so I go to my man-made book that some people call the bible and I use quotes from it to satisfy my hatred and need to judge and condemn people!!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:04 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hey, Pipe-fitter, do your pipes fit up your azz?

July 19, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • HeavenSent

Keith and Tommie Tom are blinded by darkness as they follow the lies of satan. Come into Jesus' truth (light) and free yourselves before it's too late.

July 19, 2012 at 10:45 am |

Scott, get a life.

July 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
    • Scott the CNN webmaster (not)

HeavenSent
      "Scott, get a life."

Just because someone used the screen name "scott the CNN webmaster" the other night, you think that is legitimate?! Or have you received certified email from CNN from said Scott? And even if you did, someone else may have also gotten such a missive and decided to as.sume the name here for fun.

July 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
  11. howart Dao

the biblical definition of the family unit : one man and many wives . Does Chic-a-Fil support the fundamentalist xtians, mzlims, mormons families ????

July 19, 2012 at 10:04 am |
    • junior

What church do you subscribe to?

July 19, 2012 at 10:12 am |
    • HeavenSent

When righteous in folks in Biblical times had many wives, they took responsibility of said wives. Not like the hit and run fools running around today pollinating all the flowers, running, running, running and avoiding all responsibilities.

July 19, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  12. junior

Tom Tom there is quite a bit of research answering the question Is alcoholism hereditary?

July 19, 2012 at 9:57 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

That's not what you stated. Back-pedaling now?

July 19, 2012 at 9:58 am |
    • junior

and the only reason I ask is because I'm trying to come to terms that I think my Dad was gay, so that's where it came from...that's how I became gay. I was born that way. Just like Lady Gaga says!!!

July 19, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • junior

There IS a predisposition to alcoholism among other factors

July 19, 2012 at 10:00 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

So you're comparing addiction to alcohol to s3xual orientation?

July 19, 2012 at 10:02 am |
    • junior

JUST like my predispostion for being gay because of my hereditary genes.

July 19, 2012 at 10:03 am |

There is an imbalance

July 19, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Look, moron, if you can't figure out how this comparison is absurd, you're too stupid to bother with. Alcoholism is a disease; it harms people, and not just the alcoholic. Being gay harms no one. How will gay marriage affect you? It won't. It hasn't. Can you point to any negative impact gay marriage has had in the states where it's legal? ANY? If you can, do so. I can wait.

July 19, 2012 at 10:07 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

An "imbalance"? Oh, so now you know all there is to know about what causes any predisposition to anything at all?

Great. Inform the scientists.

July 19, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • HeavenSent

junior, being gay, alcoholic, drug addict, thief, liar is learned behavior past down from generation to generation is the bond that enslaves these folks isn't broken by reading, comprehending and applying Jesus Christ's truth to their lives.

July 19, 2012 at 10:11 am |
    • HeavenSent

I meant to type is only broken by reading and applying Jesus Christ's truth to their lives. Those folks live in darkness and believe there is no hope. Only Jesus saves.

July 19, 2012 at 10:13 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Making a lot of Freudian slips today, HS. Your doubt is showing.

July 19, 2012 at 10:15 am |
    • junior

Having same sx attraction harms no one. Acting out on those impulses, similar to alcoholism, is what is bad. So rupturing one's rectm, spreading diseases, egregious promiscuity, festering parasites that migrate from the ans to the mouth, depression is harmless right.

July 19, 2012 at 10:15 am |
    • junior

And I KNOW about ruptured rectums!!!! That bottle hurt! But I'm nicer to Gerbils now. So my take is that I am gay and I won't act out on it, thereby denying what GOD made me...and I'm ashamed of what GOD made me because he doesn't make mistakes so my shame at being gay is my own fault.

July 19, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You are beyond stupid, junior. Do you not know that straights have the same s3x practices as gays? Or are you a virgin?

July 19, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

As for "promiscuity", you bozo, do you not understand the concept of "marriage"?

And cite your sources of information for all the 'harm' you mistakenly ascribe to gay s3x. Go ahead. You haven't given a single source for a single claim you've posted. I'm still waiting for you to produce PROOF.

July 19, 2012 at 10:21 am |
    • junior

So because some htrsxls engage in dangerous behaviour, is that your compelling argument? Wow, I am deeply humored.

July 19, 2012 at 10:21 am |
    • junior

Talk to a doctor or a nurse. They may even include some gory details.

July 19, 2012 at 10:22 am |
    • YeahRight

"Talk to a doctor or a nurse. They may even include some gory details."

In other words you have no facts to back yourself up. Duh!

July 19, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"Talk to a doctor or nurse."

Translation: junior bird man has NO sources he can cite, no proof, no substance.

He's just another zealot like HS.

July 19, 2012 at 10:27 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, we don't take the sources that have been changed and contorted to satan's lies. Keep believing in man made lies and you will not fry, you will be on the list of Jesus enemies and He gives you a worm that is never quenched, feeding off of you for eternity for telling lies against Him.

July 19, 2012 at 10:47 am |

Why are you here, HS?

July 19, 2012 at 10:48 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, no doubt of Jesus Christ's truth in me. My typos come from trying to type and take care of an animal that needs my attention at the moment.

July 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then get off here and give it your full attention. You're doing it no favors by spending hours here.

July 19, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, the only reason God allows you fools to exists is that you are a test from God to one, practice patience. The rest is to stay away from you and let you rot on your own if you insist on reject Jesus' truth. By your posts, I'd say you are doing a good job.

July 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, stop whining.

July 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  13. junior

Though, right now I'm writing this in the psychiatric ward and because of my mental disorder (I won't tell you what it is because I'm paranoid) I switch back and forth on my opinion. My therapist thought it was good to come out of closet as gay, but I'm still a mean, angry christian, so I have to judge, judge, judge and hate, hate, hate, even though Jesus said that only he and his father can judge. Wait, that means, there is more than one god huh? So I believe in multiple gods!

July 19, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • junior

Not the most humble of persons are you. Truth must be upsetting to cause you to regress to childish behavior. Nickelodeon dot com may be the appropriate venue for you, if I may suggest.

July 19, 2012 at 9:47 am |
    • Who invited me?

fake HS/junior/ every other fake name you post by.
      I don't know what you think you are accomplishing , but you are worse than the religous nuts that at least have the guts to post their opinions.
      You are just muddying the waters with your constant stupidity and you aren't even funny (most of the time)

July 19, 2012 at 9:48 am |
    • junior

I love talking to myself! I love it!!!!! Oh no, here comes the nurse with my meds!!!!!

July 19, 2012 at 9:48 am |
    • junior

I am not spreading the message of hate. If your parents corrected you when you were a child, did you consider them hateful?

July 19, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • Keith

Oh really?
      1Cr 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
      And:
      1Cr 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

July 19, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • junior

but then again, by writing on here that one group is superior to another and that God hates gay people (well I am saying that really...cause that's what they say in my church) then yes, I guess I am spreading hatred on here. I'm a hypocrite. I can't help it. I am a hypocrite but I love to point out other people's faults.

July 19, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's not your job to "correct" anyone but yourself.

July 19, 2012 at 10:02 am |
    • junior

God does not hate gys. They are children of God. I have my own faults, believe it or not I am not perfect, but we are called to fraternal correction. You cannot correct yourself without first understanding what truth is.

July 19, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You aren't qualified to decide what is "truth", junior bird man. What you think is true is simply your belief, not a fact. There are very few absolute truths and your bible isn't the source of them. Neither is your god.

July 19, 2012 at 10:11 am |
    • HeavenSent

junior, don't worry, Christians know what post is yours and don't pay attention to the babbling of satan's lies by those that hijack our handles.

July 19, 2012 at 10:15 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, I see you woke up miserable again today.

July 19, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, Jesus is truth, satan that you follow is nothing but lies.

July 19, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • junior

HeavenSent, get off me! We already did it last night, I don't want to do it again and besides, the nurses are watching us!

July 19, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

who didn't invite you. I'm not junior or any of the other Christians posting on these articles. Give it a rest with your paranoia about me.

July 19, 2012 at 10:49 am |
    • HeavenSent

Scott from CA needs to give it a rest and should be fired as a webmaster that has the v v v capabilities.

July 19, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • HeavenSent

junior, atheists don't regress to childish behaviors. That's what they achieve for not following Jesus' truth. What you are viewing is them.

July 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
  14. Which God??

To HS. You have to get it through your very thick skull that this country was NOT founded on christian principles. Just not so, not matter how much you want it to be true. It isn't. HS, you have an addictive personality. It allows you to latch onto something, as your character make up is weak. You truly NEED to feel special, especially from religion, as it tells you of these wonderous things you will have in heaven....after you are fooking DEAD. Sorry, but I want to live my life, enjoy my family, friends, job, and see what this world is about. I don't need religious nuts, of any persuasion, to tell me what to think, how to think, etc,etc. I've been in hell, the central highlands of Vietnam, so I know that heaven is breathing, feeling and being free to be me. I harm none, unless they try to harm me and mine. (then there will be hell on earth). I would suggest that you learn, really learn, that there is more to the world than your silly little book of myths, psuedo-history, and man made stories. Oh yes, one more thing. Whoever said that 'there are no atheists in a foxhole,' lied. I was in those foxholes.

July 19, 2012 at 9:40 am |

One nation under GOD!

July 19, 2012 at 9:48 am |
    • Derp

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

July 19, 2012 at 9:49 am |
    • junior

And that nation is IRAQ!!!! MY GREAT COUNTRY!

July 19, 2012 at 9:50 am |

junior
      that is not the way it was originally written, and they unconst i tutionally changed it in the 1950's
      by changing it, they excluded a lot of patriots
      So I say...prove it or remove it.

July 19, 2012 at 9:50 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

junior, those words were added in the 20th century. The Pledge of Allegiance didn't exist when the country was founded. How dumb are you?

This is a country that was founded on principles that predate Christianity and are common to many cultures. It is not a theocracy and while a majority of its population is Christian, that means nothing when it comes to government or laws. There's this little thing called "separation of church and state".

July 19, 2012 at 9:52 am |
    • WASP

@which: we both know that to be true. i'm atheist and i was in iraq, when they started mortoring my tower i wasn't asking no imaginary friend to save me. plenty of atheists serve in our armed forces and many more in other countries military, so we are not alone, and i salute you for your service.

July 19, 2012 at 9:53 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Which God - "that this country was NOT founded on christian principles."

July 19, 2012 at 9:55 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

"Soldiers do not fight and die for God, queen or country or all the glorious propaganda...in the end they do what they do, including some extraordinary feats of heroism and sacrifice, for their comrades."
      – Lt. Col Al Campbell (OSJ)

July 19, 2012 at 10:00 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

BG, do you ever read anything that isn't propaganda? Creationism is religion, not science. It has no place in the public schools. Neither does forced Christian prayer. if you're such a dumb fvck that you think the "good old days" existed, then just drop dead now. They weren't 'good' for everyone. Just for you.

July 19, 2012 at 10:00 am |

Bold george
      You Christians like to say it is a christian nation (or was) but that is not the case. the nation was deliberately seperated from religion.
      You think that the alleged decline in your view of "morality" is due to there being less christian influence...by all means...show me the direct cause and effect studies that prove any of it.
      I'll be willing to wager that you don't have a shred of evidence to what you say, and you are just regurgitating what you are taught by other "christians"

July 19, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • BoldGeorge

@ Who invited me? - "I'll be willing to wager that you don't have a shred of evidence to what you say..."

I don;t bet, but I can tell you this, you don't have a shred of evidence to what you say either and you also just repeat what others have taught you, especially in the public school system. Your evidence comes from you being taught. In that regard, we are the same. My only evidence is the visuals of a transformed life which can only come from the Word of God.

July 19, 2012 at 10:16 am |
    • HeavenSent

Which, this glorious country was founded on the principals of God. No matter how you atheists want to re-write history. Your lies crumble with satan that goes to the eternal flames ... along with his followers. Why? Because you are enemies of God and He created ALL for His pleasure and when He comes back, all those that don't please Him are dumped in the trash can called the eternal flames.

July 19, 2012 at 10:20 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"principals"?? What "principals"? Were they junior high school "principals"?

July 19, 2012 at 10:30 am |

Boy George
      My evidence comes from reading the dia ries and cor respondences of the fore-fathers. My evidence comes from the doc uments that we hold dear like the cons t i tution.
      As to the decline of "morality" I have no evidence of this because you made it up.

July 19, 2012 at 10:48 am |
    • YeahRight

"Which, this glorious country was founded on the principals of God. "

No it wasn't, when people came here they murdered and stole from the Native Americans, they enslaved African Americans, they treated women like crap and in many cases still do. If that is based on the principals of your god then your god is crap.

July 19, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • HeavenSent

The webmaster Scott is a die hard atheist on this site and blocks Christians posts.

July 19, 2012 at 10:53 am |

July 19, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • YeahRight

"Yeah Right, that's why those natives admitted to wanting to kill George Washington and couldn't. Washington was protected by God."

Thanks for proving how clueless you are about the REAL history of this country. You don't even know the real truth about Washington. LMAO!

July 19, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

I have read true history of our country and you won't find it on your web sites that change truth to lies.

July 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
  15. junior

Of course I'm a vegetarian and even though I think that God talks to me and also talks to Chick filet, I think that Jesus wouldn't murder all those chickens....what would Jesus do? Can you picture him frying living animals?
    Also, I have to admit that I'm a closetet gay man and I will never go to Chickfilet again!

July 19, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • junior

I am not a fan of Chic Fil A but I commend Mr. Cathy for standing up and living his belief. even if he may lose customers

July 19, 2012 at 9:50 am |
    • junior

I wish, though, that Mr. Cathy would put his money where is mouth is, go full out, and provide some stones in his restaurants for the parents of bratty little kids.

July 19, 2012 at 10:41 am |
    • junior

And ban divorcees. And remarried couples. And rape victims. And anyone wearing polycotton blends. And women having their period.

July 19, 2012 at 10:42 am |
    • junior

And non-Christians. And lepers.

July 19, 2012 at 10:43 am |

And lobster!

July 19, 2012 at 10:44 am |
    • junior

And anyone who has taken something from an idol while it was being destroyed. And anyone who has sacrifice and imperfect animal. And anyone who eats bacon. And bankers.

July 19, 2012 at 10:56 am |
    • HeavenSent

Christians hear the true junior and laugh at all you phonies stealing his handle.

July 19, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  16. junior

The Church is not against people, it is against the disordered behavior, whether it is same sx attraction or adltry of heterosxls.

July 19, 2012 at 9:26 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

Please define "disordered behaviour".

July 19, 2012 at 9:31 am |

junior
      So what you are saying is the church is trying to control people....
      Of course they are...it is the whole purpose your religion was created....
      dance puppet...dance!!!

July 19, 2012 at 9:31 am |
    • junior

The Church doesn't control people. You are free to walk away. But if you claim to follow Christ, there are many things that may bring you pleasure that aren't good for you.

July 19, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • Atone Deaf

Hahahaaaaa, your joking right!? Show me an instance were mass groups of Christians come out in droves to denounce adultery to the point they protest it and tell those who adulterer that they will burn in hell. They don't because straight Christians cheat all the time. Hypocrites!

July 19, 2012 at 9:36 am |
    • junior

Disordered behaviour in this case is a sxl attraction for a person of the same gender. Man and Woman are complementary. You cannot say that between two men or two women. You will probably argue that it is natural and that animals do this, but animals also eat their own feces.

July 19, 2012 at 9:37 am |
    • junior

please don't be hard on me. I just came out of the closet. Read what I wrote above this comment...I couldn't keep it inside anymore.

July 19, 2012 at 9:37 am |

junior
      so if you want to follow the church,you must act the way we tell you is right,or you could choose to burn in hell for all of eternity

Sounds like psychological techniques of behavior control to me.
      have fun with that, puppet.

July 19, 2012 at 9:38 am |
    • junior

And sometimes I'm tempted to eat my own feces as well....just like animals.

July 19, 2012 at 9:38 am |
    • HeavenSent

Doc, disordered behavior is believing sin isn't a sin ... continuing on in a sinful lifestyle such as atheists believing the lies of satan and rejecting their heritage in Jesus Christ's truth.

July 19, 2012 at 9:39 am |
    • junior

Tone Deaf, there are groups that have denounced publicly persons soliciting prosttutes. Heterosxl encounters if you will.

July 19, 2012 at 9:39 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@junior
      Is having a few concubines "disordered" behaviour?
      How about schtupping your dead brother's wife?
      Drunken, incestuous org/ies?
      Using your vir/gin daughters to placate a ravenous mob of rap/ists?
      Slaughtering your enemies and taking their women as s/ex slaves?

July 19, 2012 at 9:39 am |
    • junior

I must have struck a nerve to cause a person to use my handle.

July 19, 2012 at 9:41 am |
    • junior

All sinful acts Doc, even if it was in the Old Testament. That is why we need Jesus Christ, the perfect man and the Face of God. He is the fulfillment of the Faith.

July 19, 2012 at 9:43 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@HeavenSent
      What if an atheist doesn't have a Christian heritage?
      Are you condeming the ja/panese to hell?

July 19, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • AverageJoe76

@HeavenSent – just to place a guage on your sanity; would you kill for the Lord if requested? Just as Abraham had to prove his faith? Would you go as far to prove yours? Answer honestly, and without sarcasm, please.

July 19, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Which God??

Junior, your belief in the unkown gawd you speak of, is also considered a disordered behavior. A shrink can help you, so can some meds.

July 19, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • junior

On the other hand, I just heard that the myth of Jesus was stolen from the story of the Buddha...so I guess I can't call Jesus a perfect man if he didn't exist huh?

July 19, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

In the Old Testament, God was A-OK with all those things – in fact, He got downright angry at Onan for not impregnating his sister in-law.
      Since God changed his mind regarding the sinfullness of those acts from His angry, smitey youth – which Biblical passages have convinced you that being gay is wrong? If they're from the OT, isn't it possible that God changed his mind about that too?

July 19, 2012 at 9:47 am |
    • junior

Then Doc Vest, If I may suggest St. Paul's epistles to the Romans.

July 19, 2012 at 9:54 am |
    • junior

But who was Saint Paul? I mean, I think he was made up and who cares what letters he wrote to anyone? I can write a letter to the pope and it doesn't mean anything. Saint paul wasn't a god or anything...wait, maybe he was?

July 19, 2012 at 9:57 am |
    • junior

St. Paul was a servant of God. He is the apostle of the gentiles.

July 19, 2012 at 10:04 am |
    • junior

Still with no real physical proof that Paul existed I think that it's silly to believe anything he wrote or said!

July 19, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • YeahRight

"The Church is not against people, it is against the disordered behavior,"

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 10:20 am |
    • HeavenSent

Doc, read Genesis again. All mankind (which includes women) (all the races) were created on the 6th day.

July 19, 2012 at 10:24 am |

July 19, 2012 at 10:26 am |
    • YeahRight

"YeahRight, this is why you live in darkness, you believe man's lies and not Jesus Christ's truth."

You actually have proven over and over again you don't truly understand the bible and been proven a LIAR over and over again. Your prejudice opinion holds no value. Heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 10:28 am |
    • Chad

HeavenSent -"this is why you live in darkness, you believe man's lies and not Jesus Christ's truth."

The effects of prejudice and racism are all around–constant fighting in Israel and Palestine, wars in the Middle East because of religion and killings in big cities and small towns all over the world because of the color of someone's skin or sexual orientation. This affects mankind deeply and can lead to cynicism and hopelessness. Unfortunately, many people misinterpret the Bible and use it to support their violence and prejudice against others. They take portions of verses and use them out of context so they can feel better about the horrible way they treat others.

July 19, 2012 at 10:29 am |

Chad
      So what you are saying, is we should just throw out theat silly old book and start dealing with reality...good point!

July 19, 2012 at 10:32 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@HeavenSent
      According to Genesis, before Eve was cloned from Adam's rib, he had the time to name every single creature in Eden.
      For man and woman to be created on the same day, there were either very few creatures in the garden, or Adam talks faster than the micro-machines guy.

July 19, 2012 at 10:46 am |
    • HeavenSent

Yeah right (cough Tommie Tom and all the phony handles that Scott uses) ... none of you proved I'm lying. Again, just because you repeat your lies, only you atheist listen to.

July 19, 2012 at 11:00 am |
    • YeahRight

"Yeah right (cough Tommie Tom and all the phony handles that Scott uses) ... none of you proved I'm lying. "

You just did moron because I am neither of those people. LMAO!

July 19, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • HeavenSent

Chad, Jesus told us many people are on the wide path to destruction and He will tell them, depart from me because I never knew you. Meaning they change His truth to what they want to read instead of reading His truth for what it is.

July 19, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, it makes no difference, you're still miserable.

July 19, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Doc, stop listening to the lies of the RCC. Adam and Eve are 8th day creations. They are the humans that brought forth Jesus lineage ... and that is why satan lied to Eve so she would bring forth satan's seeds into the world. That's what the RCC is guilty of first ... not telling the truth that satan's children as well as Jesus' children are in this world.

July 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
  17. Doc Vestibule

According to the Bible, a woman should marry her ra/pist – assuming he has $50 to give to her father as payment.

July 19, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

Doc, you really are ignorant.

July 19, 2012 at 10:27 am |
    • Peter

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

July 19, 2012 at 10:31 am |
    • HeavenSent

That is God's way of giving the pervert a 2nd chance to learn what it is to be a real man, real responsibilities. If he refused, he was stoned to death ... as was our judicial system that is getting changed by the atheists today.

July 19, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • Peter

"That is God's way of giving the pervert a 2nd chance to learn what it is to be a real man, real responsibilities. "

With total disregard for the woman which shows the non-loving stupidity of your God.

July 19, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  18. derp

"the biblical definition of the family unit"

Nice to see that this backwards reck neck mouth breather supports polygamy and incest.

July 19, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ghee derp, if you wanted to really learn His truth, instead of listening to idiots from your side that don't believe or know what Jesus had Holy men scribe His truth, search the Net for true preachers explaining the scriptures you don't know the meaning of.

July 19, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"Ghee" is clarified butter, you moron.

July 19, 2012 at 10:31 am |

Tommie Tom, take your miserable self elsewhere. SKIP

July 19, 2012 at 11:02 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"SKIP"? Nah, I'd rather sashay. Oh, you meant you skipped my post? And you're telling me you skipped it?

Here, "SKIP" this, too: Ghee is a class of clarified butter that originated in South Asia and is commonly used in South Asian (Indian, Bangladeshi, Nepali, Pakistani, and Iranian cuisine) cuisine and ritual.

July 19, 2012 at 11:06 am |

SKIP.

July 19, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Not skipped. Read. Now you have no excuse for your ignorance. Let's try this one:
      lose/lo͞oz/
      Verb:
      Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appeti te".
      Cause (someone) to fail to gain or retain (something): "you lost me my appointment at the university".

loose/lo͞os/
      Adjective:
      Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
      Verb:
      Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".
      Synonyms:
      adjective. lax – slack – free
      verb. release – loosen – untie – unfasten – unbind – undo

July 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
  19. Keith

Good for them! About time someone has the guts to stand up to the LGBT "juggernaught". May God reward them in this life-and the next.

July 19, 2012 at 8:59 am |

Keith
      You are an idiot.

July 19, 2012 at 9:05 am |
    • HeavenSent

In the name of Jesus Christ, get behind us satan worshipers (aka who invited and all the atheists).

July 19, 2012 at 9:09 am |
    • Which God??

Hateful much there, Keith? You learned that part well enough, how about the compassionate part? Gays are people, never forget that. Someday it may be a gay doctor who saves your sorry ass.

July 19, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Pretty sure if there is a heaven none of you judging these people will be there...enjoy your hell, it is after all your creation!

July 19, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • WASP

@HS: works for me, makes easier for me to push you in that fire first for passing judgement on us atheists in the name of some imaginary friend of yours.

July 19, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • Who invited me?

I am no satan worshipper ...you are more ak in to one as I do not believe there is any such thing.
      There are so many HS at this point you all are just leaves blowing in the wind

what's that thum ping....Oh its just HS...pay it no mind.

July 19, 2012 at 9:13 am |
    • HeavenSent

Gay folks pay attention to the ways of the world, not Jesus Christ's truth. Every gay person needs to read the Bible daily, to get the babble out of their gray matter.

July 19, 2012 at 9:21 am |
    • HeavenSent

Who, I care less how many times you atheists steal my handle to write your babble. Christians know when I'm writing Jesus Christ's truth. Your tactics are typical of the liars and thieves in this world because you follow the liar satan.

July 19, 2012 at 9:23 am |
    • HeavenSent

WASP, Christians discern Jesus' truth. Jesus Christ will avenge us of any wrong you fools do to us in this world. Jesus Christ judges, Christians who follow His truth relay His message.

July 19, 2012 at 9:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

WASP, by the way, you atheists are fooling Christians ... you know Jesus Christ is real. Hence, why you are so busy denying Him and want Him wiped out of society. You can't, but, as you try, you get added to His list who's going to have a personal worm never to be quenched, feeding off that babble between your ears ... for eternity.

July 19, 2012 at 9:27 am |
    • HeavenSent

typed to fast ... that was you atheists aren't fooling anyone

July 19, 2012 at 9:28 am |
    • WASP

@HS: so what are jesus truth? the bible that was written by everyone but jesus hundred years after the man was " crucified". you can buy into your fairy tale if you like but when you cherry pick from it to make yourself sleep better at night then you aren't hearing "jesus whole truth" now are you.
      best saying i've ever heard " want to find god? go to a bar because the devil is in church."

July 19, 2012 at 9:29 am |
    • WASP

@HS: we atheists don't have to fool you christians.................you do that well enough on your own. we merely provide logic to your supersti-tion.

July 19, 2012 at 9:31 am |
    • HeavenSent

WASP, it's you atheists that cherry pick what scriptures you want to complain about on any given day. Christians aren't going to answer you with All His truth, just the ones you complain about.

As for my sleep. I have always and will continue to sleep well at night. Can't say the same for you atheists as you are miserable from dawn till dusk.

July 19, 2012 at 9:32 am |
    • HeavenSent

WASP, I already posted it was a typo. But, like a true atheist, you'll grab for any crumb.

July 19, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Keith believes that Obama's birth certificate is a fake and that he's a Muslim.

What do you expect from a dumb azz who thinks World Nut Daily and Tru News are 'reliable sources'?

And yeah, he IS an idiot.

July 19, 2012 at 9:40 am |
    • AverageJoe76

Maybe the reward is a slave that will be given to you by the Most High! It'll be your most hated enemy on Earth, and they're forced to clean up your mansion in heaven! They will wield a golden broom, they're cursed to never place down. Isn't that just the justiest thing you can think of? Oh, holy joyful teardrops of the righteous!!

July 19, 2012 at 9:40 am |
    • WASP

@HS: only thing i can say to your post is

ROFLMFAO. i needed a laugh thanks.

July 19, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • WASP

@HS: and just like a christian you totally miss that i was commenting on your correction, not your typo. you stated that we couldn't fool you, i was saying we don't have to fool you because you already fool yourselves into believeing that you are going to become immortal and perfect after you die. lmfao
      if you can't accept that you are perfect the way you are then you have some issues you may want to resolve. as for myself, i love exactly who i am.

July 19, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • Keith

Now if only they would stand up to the NAACP "juggernaut".

July 19, 2012 at 10:39 am |
    • HeavenSent

WASP, let see. You folks believe satan who is a liar thinking you as a group will be gods. LOL. Have fun with the worm that munchies on your for eternity because he's never quenched.

July 19, 2012 at 11:07 am |
  20. AGuest9

They have been bigots for a long time. It's one of the reasons I don't eat there. I don't need some business ramming their screw-ball views down my throat.

July 19, 2012 at 8:26 am |
    • SPA Knight

What about Google promoting LGBT rights in countries that do not recognize it? Do you feel the same and thereby boycott the use of their products? Just curious.

July 19, 2012 at 9:06 am |
    • HeavenSent

AGuest, you atheists are the bigots trying to destroy everything Christians built in this country.

July 19, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • derp

"What about Google promoting LGBT rights in countries that do not recognize it?"

Are you really so colossally stupid that you don't understand the moral the moral equivalency difference between supporting a company that works top ensure human rights versus not supporting a company that works to strip them?

Are you really that stupid?

July 19, 2012 at 9:16 am |
    • junior

LGBT membership is not a human right, it is a road to perdition.

July 19, 2012 at 9:29 am |
    • HeavenSent

AGuest, I'm sure you'll stuff any amount of food in that pie hole of yours when you get hungry.

July 19, 2012 at 9:29 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@junion
      "membership" ?
      Se.xual orientation is not a club to which you submit an application – it is an intrinsic part of the person.

July 19, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • HeavenSent

Doc, do you ever give up the babble of lies from satan. All children are infants when they are born ... it's conditioning away from Jesus Christ's truth and believing the lies of satan that allows gay folks to enter into the darkness.

July 19, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • junior

Alcoholism is an intrinsic part of the person but does that make the behavior proper?

July 19, 2012 at 9:45 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

People are BORN alcoholic? Do tell. Provide a cite.

July 19, 2012 at 9:54 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tom, it's called common sense, not that you have any. If you beat your children constantly as they grow ... in adulthood, most likely they will repeat your same bad behavior .... of beating their children and their children's children. Bad behavior past down from generation to generation until someone breaks the bound.

July 19, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • HeavenSent

Here's the typo for you to correct Tommie Tom ... the word was bond not bound.

July 19, 2012 at 11:11 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Drinking so early in the day, HS?

Try to focus, dear.

July 19, 2012 at 11:11 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I thought you were SKIPPING, HS. Did you get winded?

July 19, 2012 at 11:13 am |
    • HeavenSent

Skip is the righteous thing to do, not listening to satan's minions babble his lies.

July 19, 2012 at 11:59 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

So hetero parents are somehow passing ho/mo tendencies to their children?

July 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
    • AGuest9

@SPA Knight, if you want to boycott Google, go right ahead. Personally, I may not agree with the lifestyle, but don't have ho.mophobia.

July 19, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • AGuest9

HS, separation of church and state has been around for a long time, and was ratified by a Congress and states made up by and large, by christians. Fortunately, they weren't as closed-minded as the folks who came after them.

July 19, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
    • AGuest9

HS, while I don't believe it is a "DEADLY SIN", I think gluttony is stupid.

July 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • SPA Knight

AGuest9, I was simply trying to illustrate how absurd it is for you to call one company out for cramming their views down your throat but in the case of the other company that is doing the same thing it's perfectly acceptable because you happen to agree with them. It's what makes the liberal world view inconsistent and not credible. In the case of Google, one would claim free speech but in the case of Chick-fil-A they are bigots.

July 20, 2012 at 2:13 pm |