home
RSS
Chick-fil-A's marriage stance causing a social storm
July 19th, 2012

Chick-fil-A's marriage stance causing a social storm

By Brad Lendon, CNN

(CNN)–The fact that Chick-fil-A is a company that espouses Christian values is no secret. The fact that its 1,600 fast-food chicken restaurants across the country are closed on Sundays has long been testament to that.

But the comments of company President Dan Cathy about gay marriage to Baptist Press on Monday have ignited a social media wildfire.

10 religious companies (besides Chick-fil-A)

"Guilty as charged,", Cathy said when asked about his company's support of the traditional family unit as opposed to gay marriage.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

"We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy is quoted as saying.

CNN's This Just In Blog has the full social media reaction to the latest Chick-fil-A flap
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity

soundoff (1,061 Responses)
  1. OnWhatBasis

The Christian concept of an alternative lifestyle is not flawed because it is not founded on what we think or what we feel or what we desire to be true. It is solely based on what God has said and inspired to be written in Scripture. To say this is not what Scripture says and teaches is an outright lie and complete falsehood. Every bible student knows this is the truth of Scripture and Scripture is the final authority for what Christians believe. So, if you have a probably with the definition of what is sin, your problem is not with Christians or what they believe, it is with what God has declared.

July 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm |

"If you have a problem"

July 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, "every bible student" does NOT conclude what you claim. You want to pretend that all Christians interpret the Bible as you do, and that is not true.

July 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Right...dutiful little sheep who can't think for themselves and instead allow themselves to be instructed by decree what is right or wrong. Your God never wrote anything and the "inspired" men were bigots so you act like one too.

July 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • Do Chickens Have A Chicken God In Their Image?

Hey, OnWhatBasis...do you personally have a "back and forth" conversation with God or does someone do that for you? Or do you just wait for a fuzzy warm feeling to confirm that God has answered you? Our problem isn't with your man-made scripture, it's with your man-made God.

July 19, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Onwhat basis
      You have a GREAT deal to learn about what "christians" believe....back to the drawing board with you.

July 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

I don't have a problem with beings that can't be proved to exist. I'm not bitter with the Easter Bunny. Yes, my problem is with god believers who think that their opinion on matters is somehow more special than people who believe in a different god or no god at all.

Opinions are as important as the logical reasoning behind them. If your opinions are based on stupid reasoning, then I have a problem with your opinion and with you. Stop pretending that everyone has to define their world exactly as you do and with your terms. That's stupid behavior.

July 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • Ting

And God is a schizophrenic because his scripture has been changed a gazillion times and yet it still contains inconsistencies. Who knows what God wants, but we do know that he likes his chicken hot and crispy.

July 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

Okay, I understand. I am wrong. Everyone else is right. But I have Borderline Personality Disorder and I LOVE to push people's buttons and pit them against each other. I'm actually a Muslim.

July 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • religion; a way to control the weak minded

" It is solely based on what God has said and inspired to be written in Scripture. "

too bad god did not say anything written in that book. Men wrote those words to control people, then other men edited those words to make money and retain power. They were not inspired by god, they only said they were to trick people into believing.

July 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

Very funny and agin interesting, impersonator. I don't get rattled by the insults or the name calling because I am single minded in my purpose just as you are in yours. The difference is that one day one of us will be proven wrong and will pay the cost of the foolishness.

July 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

The problem here is that people who believe in the Bible think it's a book that teaches morality. It doesn't...it declares laws. Arriving at a moral choice requires balancing the pros versus the cons and trying to cause the least harm. It's invariably different for each and every situation and is the end result of decision tree. The Bible doesn't teach you HOW to arrive at a morally good choice it just dictates them and a lot of the time it's wrong. For example owning a slave is morally reprehensible but in the Bible it's condoned.

July 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

Have you all noticed I have not called you bigots or said you are full of hatred because you disagree with what I have said?

July 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Gee, damned with faint praise. Aren't you just full of the milk of human kindness?

July 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm |

@AtheistSteve
      It is readily apparent you have no clue about anything about the bible. It would behoove you to keep all of your opinions about the bible to yourself. But, if you persist in your claim to know so much about the bible, then you know what says about those who add to it or take away from it.

July 19, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Eric G

@OnWhatBasis: No, you have not called anyone a bigot. You did, however, retreat to the last bastion of a believer with no argument...... Threats of hell.

Not overtly offensive, but bad form.

July 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • Athiests For Freedom Of and From Religion

The only thing anyone needs to know about The Babble is that there is nothing to back it up as being the word of any god. In other words, it is man-made fiction – the Harry Potter book of its day.

July 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

Y'all trolls be careful now, you hear. You never know when a real bible scholar might run across one these blogs and give you a real dose of truth. Good discussion, I'll chat with you later this evening. Gotta run for now.

July 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

As a former long time Catholic I beg to differ. I know and understand the Bible probably a lot better than you do. Especially when it comes to the history of how it was compiled. I've spent a long time researching the background of my old faith because of doubts I had and that's how I eventually became an atheist. The Bible is garbage and blindly following what you think it says is delusional. My opinion is just as valid as yours except mine isn't steeped in supersti.tious mumbo-jumbo and ignorance.

July 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • HeavenSent

True Christians that actually read, study, comprehend and abide in Jesus' truth never changed His scriptures to read what they want Him to have scribed. Only fools change His scriptures for the ant-christ to be worshiped.

July 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

LOL...no true Scotsman fallacy. Sorry HS...you lose. I was indeed a true Christian until I started using my brain to examine my beliefs, but then you wouldn't know anything about that now would you....troll.

July 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
    • sam stone

it is not what god has said. it is what ancient sheep mounters have said. amen

July 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • sam stone

"The difference is that one day one of us will be proven wrong and will pay the cost of the foolishness."

Ooooh....an empty proxy threat. Get back on your knees

July 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

@AtheistSteve, it is obvious you were never a true Christian because you are not still a Christian. All true Christians are Christians forever. And just because you say you studied the bible and its historydoes mean you found the truth.

July 19, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • SPA Knight

OWB – I hate to give your opponents any ammunition but I must correct the statement "Scripture is the final authority for what Christians believe". This statement and belief, also known as Sola Scriptura is only true for Christians that are rooted in Protestantism.

July 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  2. Bob

HeavenSent, Jesus can $uck my hairy ball sack.

July 19, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Not while he's sucking mine!

July 19, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
    • HeavenSent

LOL. Both you and the phony heavensent are pathetic, besides being foolish. All miserable, just like Tommie Tom.

July 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Goodness, HS. You really have a fixation on me, don't you?

A shrink could send two kids to college on what he/she would earn analyzing your psychosis.

July 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Tom,

now that there are a plethora of HeavenSents and an instruction manual to boot, you'll find lots of references to Tommie Tom.

I have to say that this one has a ring of authenticity, though it's getting really hard to tell anymore.

July 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Your guess as to its authenticity is as good as mine, G.

How about our little Brony, though? Isn't he a hoot?

July 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  3. Do Chickens Have A Chicken God In Their Image?

Because I am an animal hating hunter, I refuse to believe that Jesus would be kind or loving. Instead, I think he would hunt and kill everything all the time!

July 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • Voice of Reason

July 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Who invited me?

Be careful out there. In this country we have the right to arm bears

July 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • religion; a way to control the weak minded

"Ah yes, it doesn't get any better than an animal hating hunter. You're so powerful and fair! NOT!"

Don't worry, he only kills gay animals.

July 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
  4. OnWhatBasis

It is disingenuous to accuse Chick-Fil-A of bigotry and hate just beccause they don't condone a particular lifestyle. It just goes to show the depths to which people will stoop to defend whatever sin they desire to participate. When will they learn you will not be able to force everyone to eat this soup of sin?

July 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • Do Chickens Have A Chicken God In Their Image?

And instead eat your soup of sin? Sin is man-made. There never has been a God or Jesus. Christians are fools to believe in something that has never been proven after 2000 years...I mean, WOW. How stupid!

July 19, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Voice of Reason

Sin is not real.

July 19, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Bobby

If sin were real it would probably taste pretty good though.

July 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

If there is no God and there is no sin, then why respond to the beliefs of Chick-Fil-A. Why does anyone care about what they believe? Whay such an outcry (especially from the trolls)? The last time I checked, they were free to believe whatever they wanted.

July 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • It's like this

"Bigotry: stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own."

That describes the Christian attitude and behavior towards gays perfectly.

July 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Because your concept of h0m0s3xuality as a sin or an immoral lifestyle is flawed in it's initial basis. It is a$$erted without facts entirely on religious grounds. It is bigoted, hateful and exclusionary. Your position is the definition of immoral behavior in that it seeks to demean and indeed even inflict harm on individuals who are doing absolutely nothing to harm you.

July 19, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

@OnWhatBasis

You moron, people can disapprove of behavior without thinking that the behavior is sin. Take murderers for example: Most people don't want to be murdered, so most people agree with and make laws against murdering. There's no need for the concept of sin. Today, most people don't approve of other people being racist or bigots, so they have a right to not patronize a racist or bigoted business. You aren't really as stupid as your post implies, are you?

July 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

I didn't realize Chik Fil A sold soup:

The soup of sin, apparently!

July 19, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • Voice of Reason

@OnWhatBasis
      "If there is no God and there is no sin, then why respond to the beliefs of Chick-Fil-A."

First off you're an idiot if you don't know the answer to that and secondly shut the f*uck up!

July 19, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

On: Drink a little more of that koolaid there...maybe then you'll understand how bigoted you look.

July 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

The trolls continue to make blogging interesting by completely demonstrating the veracity of every word written by believers who only what to speak the truth. Name calling and profanity will not make your responses any more true or real, nor will it change the minds or hearts of true believers, nor will it shut them up.

July 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Silly OWB. Your "veracity" shouldn't need bolstering here. Why not go do what your Christ commanded and help people who desperately need homes, food, clothing, and companionship? Or are you like HS, too lazy to actually DO something?

July 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

Of course you have to understand where I'm coming from. I'm a christian communist. I believe that EVERYONE MUST believe the way I do...kinda like being the Stalin of Christianity. Jesus asked me to do it himself. So since I talked it over with him this morning at Chick-fil-A, I am on here spreading his hatred and communistic control.

July 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

TTtPS, I am doing what the whole counsel of Scripture teaches. Maybe it is you who needs to understand what it is that He commanded. Maybe you don't know as much as you think you know and maybe you cannot see that I doing exactly what He taught.

July 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hmm. So Jesus told you to type anonymously on a computer? Nope, I don't think so.

You and HS mistakenly think that you are achieving something here. If you are, it's this: you're stroking your own egos. Nothing more.

July 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • OnWhatBasis

I wonder if Jesus was hung?

July 19, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

Nuthin' like a topic mentioning the gays to bring out the ho-mophobes, always the busiest threads on the Belief Blog.

Other than the usual sport of lions and hyenas at the waterhole thing, does anyone find this 'news' story about Chik-Fil-A revelatory in any way?

July 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
    • Primewonk

Being born gay is no more a sin than being born left-hande, or black.

Oh...Wait...It wasn.t that long ago that religious nutters claimed being left-handed was a sign of the devil. And it wasn't that long ago that religious nutters claimed being black was the mark of Cain.

The reason stories like this, and companies like this anger so many of us is because these religious nutters are not satisfied just believing their magical skydaddy wants them to think gays are icky. No, they seek to force those views on everyone. They seek to legislate and legalize discrimination and hatred.

July 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • Kalessin

"It wasn.t that long ago that religious nutters claimed being left-handed was a sign of the devil. And it wasn't that long ago that religious nutters claimed being black was the mark of Cain."

Thank goodness it never came from the Torah or the NT...just some "nutter" that doesn't matter.

July 19, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  5. rAmen

oh what about wear mixed fabrics?

July 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • Mortimer Fondlechicken, PR Spokesman for Chick-fil-A

We at Chick-fil-A, being good Christians, don't let the chickens wear clothes with mixed fibers. And any chicken caught indulging in gay behavior is ripped apart right on the spot, as God would truly have it.

July 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  6. I'm boycotting Chick-fil-A until they stop their bigotry.

Protest time. I'm boycotting Chick-fil-A until they stop their disgusting bigotry.

July 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • ME II

I agree! Boycott Chick-fil-A until they realize that gays are equal to everyone else!

July 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • just sayin

I was already boycotting them because of their stupid christian values and imposing them through business.

July 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • Johnny Blammo

I boycott them because their food is shit.

July 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
    • .

@Fake ME II,
      You're an idiot.

July 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  7. Voice of Reason

I feel bad for the chickens. Stop buying animal products especially when they are slaughtered by and profited by religious idiots!

July 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I agree, I don't think that Jesus would slaughter chickens and then eat them.

July 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • Do Chickens Have A Chicken God In Their Image?

Why would a guy who killed a fig tree for not having figs on it out of season not kill and eat chickens?

Why would a guy who is going to mass-slaughter the human race (and all the animals) then torture most of them for the reest of eternity not kill and eat chickens.

Don't let the long-haired sandal-wearing blond hippy image fool you. Jesus ain't no hippy vegetarian!

July 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • Chicken God

Yes they do.

July 19, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • Lamb Chop

Jesus was allegedly the "Good Shepherd", right?

Shepherds keep their sheep for 2 reasons:
      1. Profit from the sale of their wool and from their sale at slaughter.
      2. To eat for dinner.

It's PEOPLE!!!!!

July 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • *facepalm*

Can I add a third reason? Sheep are stupid and will do what they're told without question, allowing them to be easily taken advantage of.

July 19, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  8. HeavenSent Blog

Hello! And welcome to the HeavenSent blog. This is YOUR opportunity to voice your HeavenSent opinions!

Here are some suggested key words to get you started:

Smug atheists
    Amen
    Prayer really works
    Lies, lies, lies
    Enemy of Jesus

And much, much more!

Enjoy your stay, and remember….Muslims, Jews and Atheists need not apply!

Amen.

July 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
    • just sayin

you forgot burn,burn,burn for eternity

July 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
    • just sayin

You need to post that after every HeavenSen post lol

July 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I'm the biggest, most hateful bigot in the world!

July 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • Shamma-lamma

If you eat at Chick-fil-A you'll be amongst the biggest.

July 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  9. Proclamation from 100 pastors

As Christian clergy we proclaim the Good News concerning Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) persons and publicly apologize where we have been silent. As disciples of Jesus, who assures us that the truth sets us free, we recognize that the debate is over. The verdict is in. Homosexuality is not a sickness, not a choice, and not a sin. We find no rational biblical or theological basis to condemn or deny the rights of any person based on sexual orientation. Silence by many has allowed political and religious rhetoric to monopolize public perception, creating the impression that there is only one Christian perspective on this issue. Yet we recognize and celebrate that we are far from alone, as Christians, in affirming that LGBT persons are distinctive, holy, and precious gifts to all who struggle to become the family of God.

In repentance and obedience to the Holy Spirit, we stand in solidarity as those who are committed to work and pray for full acceptance and inclusion of LGBT persons in our churches and in our world. We lament that LGBT persons are condemned and excluded by individuals and institutions, political and religious, who claim to be speaking the truth of Christian teaching. This leads directly and indirectly to intolerance, discrimination, suffering, and even death. The Holy Spirit compels us:

-to affirm that the essence of Christian life is not focused on sexual orientation, but how one lives by grace in relationship with God, with compassion toward humanity;

–to embrace the full inclusion of our LGBT brothers and sisters in all areas of church life, including leadership;

–to declare that the violence must stop. Christ’s love moves us to work for the healing of wounded souls who are victims of abuse often propagated in the name of Christ;

–to celebrate the prophetic witness of all people who have refused to let the voice of intolerance and violence speak for Christianity, especially LGBT persons, who have met hatred with love;

Therefore we call for an end to all religious and civil discrimination against any person based on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression. All laws must include and protect the freedoms, rights, and equal legal standing of all persons, in and outside the church.

July 19, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • HeavenSent

Where did you find these minions of satan? LOL. Jesus wrote His truth that most of these preachers would forsake His truth and follow the liar satan. No new news here.

July 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
    • .

"Where did you find these minions of satan? "

It takes one to know one. 😉

July 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
    • HeavenSent

It's true, I am a minion of Satan. All Hail LORD SATAN!

July 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • It Can Finally Be Revealed!

Satan, Santa – same letters in a slightly different order.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

July 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
  10. James

"They can blame themselves for not following Jesus' truth and if they do read the Bible stop telling Jesus what He had Holy Men scribe and read what He did have scribed."

The scriptures actually say nothing about homosexuality as a psychosexual orientation. Our understandings of sexual orientation are distinctly modern ones that were not present in the minds of Scripture writers. A few passages of Scripture (seven at the most) object to certain types of same-sex expressions or acts. The particular acts in question, however, are sexual expressions which are exploitative, oppressive, commercialized, or offensive to ancient purity rituals. There is no Scriptural guidance for same-sex relationships which are loving and mutually respecting. Guidelines for these relationships should come from the same general Scriptural norms that apply to heterosexual relationships.

July 19, 2012 at 11:55 am |

July 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
    • YeahRight

"James, the scriptures provide Jesus' truth throughout the entire Bible for those that have eyes to see and ears to hear. You obviously don't and are still in darkness for following satan's lies."

The only LIAR here is you. Heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
    • HeavenSent

James, you're not in as much darkness as I am in right now with junior in the closet here at the psych ward. We can't have any "fun" with the nurses watching us all the time!

July 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • just sayin

Please frame your posts to best preach to Atheists about the dangers of a Godless life-style. .

Here are some suggested key words to get you started:

Smug atheists
      Amen
      Prayer really works
      Lies, lies, lies
      Enemy of Jesus

And much, much more!

Enjoy your stay, and remember….Muslims, Jews and Atheists need not apply!

Amen.

July 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  11. Jeannine

The Scriptures were written approximately 2000 or more years ago when there was no knowledge of constitutional homosexuality. The Scripture writers believed that all people were naturally heterosexual so that they viewed homosexuality activity as unnatural. Women today are pointing out that the inferiority of women expressed in the scriptures was a product of culture and the times in which the Bible was written; it should not be followed today, now that we are beginning to appreciate the natural and God-given equality of men and women.

Similarly, as we know that homosexuality is just as natural and God-given as heterosexuality, we realize that the Biblical injunctions against homosexuality were conditioned by the attitudes and beliefs about this form of sexual expression which were held by people without benefit of centuries of scientific knowledge and understanding.

It is unfair of us to expect or impose a twentieth century mentality and understanding about equality of genders, races and sexual orientations on the Biblical writers. We must be able to distinguish the eternal truths the Bible is meant to convey from the cultural forms and attitudes expressed there.

July 19, 2012 at 11:53 am |

July 19, 2012 at 12:05 pm |

loose/lo͞os/
      Adjective:
      Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
      Verb:
      Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".
      Synonyms:
      adjective. lax – slack – free
      verb. release – loosen – untie – unfasten – unbind – undo

July 19, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
    • YeahRight

"Jeannine, you're just another fool that changes Jesus' truth to satan's lies. You loose. Accept your plight of being a fool."

The real truth is heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of SocialWorkers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured."

July 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Sorry Jeannine, in my humility and godlike love, I apologize for being so low. The lowest of the low. I don't deserve forgiveness because I am so evil.

July 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
  12. Chad

Chick-fil-A has now officially become the only fast food restaurant I will eat at.

July 19, 2012 at 11:44 am |
    • Bigots Unite!

Yay for ignorance!

July 19, 2012 at 11:45 am |
    • HeavenSent

Well hate attracts hate huh? Hope you get food poisening Chad.

July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am |
    • Chad

Hey, don't be so hard on me! I left school after 3rd grade, so Im kinda dumbish and I hate lots a people.

July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am |
    • Madtown

They can run their business any way they see fit. But, to close down completely on Sundays? That's just bad business.

July 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Chad, the phony heavensent posted her foolishness. She's miserable, as usual.

July 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
    • Go for it, buddy! That's a great idea for you!

Oh please do, Chad! Within a year you will weigh 700 lbs and have your second heart attack.

"For I tell you truly, My followers must eat overpriced deep-fried fat-saturated chloesterol-laden nutrition-free food in My Holy Name so as to enrich my Godly narrow-minded bigot-followers. Amen" Corpulence 4:35

July 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Thanks for proving your bigotry to the world. Hope one of your kids turns out gay...I'm sure you'd disown them but the loss would be yours lone to bear and they'd be free from your ignorance and hate.

July 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
    • ME II

@Fake Chad,
      I find your name games disgusting.

July 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • ME II

But because I'm a narcissist, I want to let everyone know that ME is GOD! So I think that anyone that thinks of something that I didn't is beneath me. I am the only one that GOD loves!

July 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm |

ME II
      "I am the only one that GOD loves!"
      I don't think God exists.

July 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  13. *facepalm*

Still waiting on an actual answer to this:

Can any bigot out there give any reason, outside of an ancient and highly immoral text, why gay marriage is harmful in any way?

Appealing to 'natural laws' is an appeal to an immoral, ancient text. Especially since nature itself is in no way governed by said inaccurate text. Also, answers which apply equally well to heterosexual couples doesn't really work unless you want to advocate for banning all marriage and relationships.

July 19, 2012 at 11:41 am |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

facepalm- I am not a bigot but i answered on page 1.

July 19, 2012 at 11:45 am |
    • Bigots Unite!

Yes, I saw that. You appealed to your bible. You obviously can't answer the question without doing that. The only 'natural laws' you refer to come from your bible, not nature.

Fail.

July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

facepalm, Bigots Unite- I stated both Scientific and God's law, just one example: Reproduction.

July 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Reproduction is not a requirement for marriage. If it were, those past menopause, those who are infertile, and those who don't want children would be forbidden to marry. They aren't.

Furthermore, gays are not sterile. They can and do have children all the time, the same way many straight couples do–by donor and using IVF. Do you have a problem with straight couples engaging in those means? How about adoption?

July 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

That's right. There is no secular argument against same-s3x marriage that can't also be applied to hetero marriage as demonstrated by Tom,Tom's comments. Also to state that gay behavior isn't natural is to ignore same-s3x behavior observed in many species other than man. So how is that not natural again?

July 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Kendrick: Where you fail is the fact that in the world in which we live god's law has no bearing. It can't be used for determining innocence or guilt in a court of law or the laws mandating our lands. Science and religion are not inclusive to one another. Science is based on numerous different areas and will always include verifiable facts and evidence through peer reviewed studies. Religion is built on fear mongering stories that usually involve stepping on the basic personal rights of people, in turn teaching hate and bigotry.

July 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

Tom Tom- You are missing the Point.

July 19, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

SInce you have yet to make one, I don't see how that is possible, Kenny.

July 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

TruthPrevails-unfortunately I don't have time for a debate today, duty calls. some other time.

July 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You spent plenty of time making no points, Kenny. Now suddenly you have some 'duty'?

Lame.

July 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
    • Kenrick Benjamin

TruthPrevails- I have a little time this morning to address your comment. Science and God are inclusive for the secientific study of God is Theology and before you tell me Theology is not a science look up what science is.

July 20, 2012 at 8:19 am |
  14. Chick-fil-A : Becuz spellinz fur atheeeiztz!

"We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit."

Well Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian, wants them to know what the Bible says about marriage!

July 19, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  15. midwest rail

" ...........and we are married to our first wives." Now we get to the heart of the matter. Can we assume that they give as much money to supporting legislation outlawing divorce for str8 couples as they do to combat S.S.M. ? If not, their defense of the " sanct,ity of marriage" is full of sound and fury.

July 19, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  16. HotAirAce

They are free to believe whatever bullshit they like. I am free to call it bullshit and not give them my business. Waiting for them to discover that 10% of their family is gay...

July 19, 2012 at 11:26 am |
    • HeavenSent

That's why Christians know where the bs comes from when an atheists opens his mouth or types his lies, it's still lies.

July 19, 2012 at 11:35 am |
    • 0G-No gods, ghosts, ghouls or goblins

So HeavenStinker, can you prove that you are not the liar? That you are not mentally ill? I don't think you will get much support in here, from atheists or believers – you are one sick puppy by any measure!!

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 am |
    • HeavenSent

If you'll read my past posts, you can see that I'm sick! I'm mentally ill! Don't judge me! Just because I have a God complex doesn't mean you have the right to judge me! I can judge other people but you cannot judge me!!!!

July 19, 2012 at 11:44 am |
    • HeavenSent

HotAir and gobblins, it's your side that are the poor losers as you hijack Christians handles to post your lies. You're the ones lost in satan's darkness. Not our problem, you own being the fools.

July 19, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
  17. Bob

If I was gay, I would get my boyfriend and go make out at every Chik-Fil-A in the city just to spite them.

July 19, 2012 at 11:25 am |
  18. just sayin

HeavenSent, please explain how Cain is the son of Satan?

July 19, 2012 at 11:16 am |
    • HeavenSent

just saying, you can start your debate all you want from the beginning because you lost every lie you spewed. Go onto a bible sight and type in your search, they'll provide you with the scripture.

July 19, 2012 at 11:37 am |
    • HeavenSent

see how ignorant I am? I said go onto a bible sight instead of site! Ha ha! see, I don't even know the difference between the two words, how can I be believed? I'm just a typical christian after all.

July 19, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • just sayin

Sorry HeavenSent that does not answer the question. So Cain was not Adam's son? What next..Satan slept with Eve????

July 19, 2012 at 12:00 pm |
    • just sayin

Sorry b a b y ca k e s, but you have yet to provide any credible evidence, pr o o f, do c u m e n t ation that is prior to the Sumerians. You have only provided a doc u ment written around 500 B C E. Do you have anything besides ba b b l e?

July 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Read scriptures written as Jesus' truth tells us that Cain is the seed of satan when he killed his brother.

July 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm |

Smug atheists
      Amen
      Prayer really works
      Lies, lies, lies
      Enemy of Jesus

And much, much more!

Enjoy your stay, and remember….Muslims, Jews and Atheists need not apply!

Amen.

July 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

just saying, even that filth the talmud tells you that satan slept with Eve. That's what beguiled means.

July 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • just sayin

If cain is not the son of Adam and Eve then Satan ban ged Eve.

July 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, cough Scott, you truly are miserable. No wonder your Christian wife left you.

July 19, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"That's what beguiled means."

HS, have you figured out what "loose" and "lose" mean yet?

July 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • just sayin

You speak heresy HeavenSent. And my position still stands...do you have anything prior to the Sumerians?

July 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  19. just sayin

When I found out before this about their Christian crap and being closed on Sundays, I stopped giving my business to them. Same goes for Hobby Lobby. Are they a business or a church?

July 19, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • HeavenSent

just saying nothing but lies again.

July 19, 2012 at 11:38 am |
    • *facepalm*

Do you know if Hobby Lobby discriminates? I could care less if some place is closed on a Sunday. But if they're integrating bigotry into their business practices, they'll lose me as a customer.

July 19, 2012 at 11:44 am |
    • Madtown

Right. They can take any stance they wish, and certainly can run their business anyway they see fit. But, closing down entirely for 1 full day out of the week, and taking a stance on a controversial topic will accomplish only 1 thing: alienate customers. Alienating customers is bad for business. They may feel good about the stances they've taken, but their business, and employees, will pay a price.

July 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
    • just sayin

"just saying nothing but lies again."
      Do tell and point out which part of what I posted was a lie?

July 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  20. Janet

"It is sin in our life that will keep us away from God and we will never be able to have a close relationship with Him with a sinful unrepentant heart."

The Biblical condemnation of homosexuality is based on human ignorance, suspicion of those who are different, and an overwhelming concern for ensuring the survival of the people. Since the Bible regards homosexuality as a capital crime, it clearly assumes that homosexuality is a matter of free choice, a deliberate rebellion against God. We have learned from modern science that people do not choose to be gay or straight; hence it is neither logical nor moral to condemn those whose nature it is to be gay or lesbian.

July 19, 2012 at 10:53 am |
    • HeavenSent

Janet, you're another enemy of Jesus' truth. Gays are paying attention to the ways of man (lies) and turning away from learning (actually picking up the KJV of the Bible and reading Jesus' truth). They can blame themselves for not following Jesus' truth and if they do read the Bible stop telling Jesus what He had Holy Men scribe and read what He did have scribed.

July 19, 2012 at 11:19 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I'm sure Janet is just all agog, HS.

Do you really think anyone pays attention to what you burp up?

July 19, 2012 at 11:24 am |
    • HeavenSent

Janet, forgive me for my superiority complex, I am torn between being a spokesman for God himself and realizing that I have a lot of mental issues that I can only be treated for here in the psychiatric ward that I am currently living in. At least I don't believe I am actually GOD himself anymore...well, I'm struggling with that a little bit. But I am the worst sinner of all, so God must be the god of sins!

July 19, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • HeavenSent

Tommie Tom, not my problem you get irked about reading His truth. You need to get a grip Scotty.

July 19, 2012 at 11:40 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, not irked. Just amused that you think you're making Brownie points with god and doing any good.

July 19, 2012 at 11:42 am |
    • HeavenSent

I love you Tommie Tom, we should have children together.

July 19, 2012 at 11:52 am |
    • HeavenSent

That the thing about you phony heavensent, Jesus already wrote that you slither like snakes on your bellies through life.

July 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm |