home
RSS
My Faith: After my mosque was torched
The Islamic Center of Columbia, Tennessee, after it was torched in 2008.
August 7th, 2012

My Faith: After my mosque was torched

Editor's Note: This piece was originally published in 2011. Daoud Abudiab is president of the Islamic Center of Columbia, Tennessee, where he works as an administrator for a physicians' group.

By Daoud Abudiab, Special to CNN

Last year, my son and I attended the White House conference on bullying prevention. We heard stories of people being bullied for being black, gay, lesbian and Sikh. The stories were compelling and left me more critical of our culture, in which it is popular to act in ways that dishonor our traditions.

Some of my friends were interested in the details of my Washington trip. I commented on the diversity at the White House event. A friend made a joke about the composition of attendees reflecting a typical Democratic Party gathering.

I thought of it as a typical American gathering. But I have become aware that not all Americans honor my American citizenship.

Read: Missouri mosque destroyed in fire

In some circles, my Muslim faith is not even accepted as a religion.

And Muslims everywhere are feeling increasingly less welcome in America. We see our kids bullied in schools over their faith and our daughters, wives and mothers picked on and ridiculed for wearing hijab, the Muslim headscarf.

Mosques  across America have been vandalized in recent years. Mine was one of them.

In 2001, I was excited to be among the founders of the Islamic Center of Columbia in central Tennessee.

We are a small Muslim community in a small town. Our families felt welcome, and we were positively featured in the local newspaper on a couple of occasions.

But in February 2008, the Islamic Center of Columbia was destroyed in a fire. A year later, three young men from Columbia were sentenced to prison terms of 6 to 14 years for hate crimes against our house of worship.

According to the federal complaint against them, the fire they set was at least partially inspired by the Bible. “What goes on in that building is illegal according to the Bible,” one of them told authorities afterward, referring to our mosque.

The men belonged to the Christian Identity Movement, according to the federal complaint, and said the arson gained them honor among the group’s other members.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the right-wing movement is “nominally Christian” but has little in common with even the “most conservative of American Protestants.”

After the fire, many Christians supported us. The pastor at First Presbyterian Church of Columbia, Bill Williamson, invited my congregation to pray at his church until we found a new home.

In November 2008, at the opening ceremony for our new location, I handed Bill back the key to his house of worship. We remain friends and share our story of love and compassion for one another any time we get the chance.

There were other Christians who did not act very Jesus-like after the mosque fire.

When my son countered middle school tormenters who called him a terrorist by telling about the burning of mosque, one response was “that’s OK, because you are in our country and we can do that to you.”

One local Christian pastor, meanwhile, publicly criticized First Presbyterian Church for sharing its space with my congregation, arguing that Muslims worship a different God than Christians.

People like that often claim superiority to Muslims, but they don’t walk the walk.

Last year, I shared a stage at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tennessee with Robert Montgomery, a Pulaski pastor who I met through Bill Williamson.

We discussed the journey that led to our friendship. He claims to have become a better Christian as a result of the non-Christian friends he has known over the years. I know that’s true for me as a Muslim.

There is nothing to fear or compromise in such a friendship and everything to gain.

When I articulate my faith to someone who does not share it, I feel accountable. It is uncomfortable to be a hypocrite, or at least it should be.

Let me say to non-Muslim Americans: I do not want to convert you. I simply ask that you be true to who you say you are. Let us all honor the best of our traditions.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Daoud Abudiab.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Islam • Mosque • Tennessee

1. Cletus

No peace with Islam, ever. Mohammed was a fraud. Islam is religious totalitarianism.

March 24, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
  2. Hadi Mufid

I wish people could at least understand the true reason for their existence. things change in hour but beliefs and thoughts don't. nowadays, a lot of people invent new things, but no one reconsiders his/her belief whether it is true or not, they follow the religions that their ancestors did unaware of what the fact is.

March 24, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • Hugh Rockford

Mapping religious belief systems to behaviors provides unassailable evidence that ideology and one's regard for God is the greatest predictor of human rights and freedom gradations in a country. Atheists will not admit this, but not believing in God has HUGE ramifications in every other area of life – countries that reject the Christian God invariably become iron maidens of cruelty and cesspools of failure as History WELL DEMONSTRATES over...and over. How many more thousands of years must we watch godless and Islamic nations oppress, behead, stone, censor and destroy their people?

When will the American and British experiment, all the freedom of the Christian Western countries, be acknowledge, as it contrasts the censorship of non-Christianized countries?

If Britain appeases and cedes to Islam, the strongest most passionate force will occupy a tepid vacuum of power – Islam will rule Britain – UNLESS THEY RETURN TO CHRIST. Like Cancer, Islam is potent, BUT IT'S NOT MORE POWERFUL THAN GOD'S SON JESUS who left a handbook on how to defeat evil.

Jesus said, [Sometimes] to see, you must become blind. Sometimes everything you know must be evacuated and reassessed. This is the hardest thing any human will ever do. It is also earth's #1 need. Read The GOSPELS...isn't that the right way to live?

TheAngel . com

March 25, 2011 at 6:48 pm |
  3. N49

All of mankind is going to hell, regardless of what religion you are. Everyone just burn your religious books and lets party while we still can.

March 24, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
  4. Only Way

Jesus came to LOVE and DIE for others. This is what Jesus did. What Mohammad did was just the opposit. May the true seekers of God understand that Jesus is the ONLY WAY to true God. The True God came in the flesh (Jesus) to save mankind from punishment. Act 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

March 24, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
  5. imma notaraghead

Quit complaining, Muslims. If you don't like it here, go back to the desert. This country is not going to cater to your bizarre customs.

March 24, 2011 at 11:26 pm |
    • Muslim

Never gonna happen. Even if some Nazi like figure comes to power in the US and manages to put in place some program similar to what the Nazis were doing, eventually it'll lose and stop. And people will rebuild with a stronger connection to muslims just like what happened with jews. It doesn't matter what happens between now and then, in the end you're type will lose.

August 7, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
    • USAisAOK

Jesus is coming back to the desert. Then you're getting detention for being naughty.

August 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
  6. johnpaul

the day will come when the us will becomes too weak or will stop supporting israel. that will be the day tha the Musims will cleanse the middel east.

March 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
    • USAisAOK

Riiiiiight...Muslim empires were a super power for close to 1000 years and didn't "cleanse" out the middle east. If they wanted to they would have done it looooong time ago. The fact is there are jews and christians living in muslim nations. The fact is that the dwindling numbers of jews in muslim nations is because Zionism calls for all jews to immigrate to Israel from where ever they are. The fact is that it was the Roman empire and the Babylonians that expelled the jews from what is now known as Israel. The fact is that after muslims beat the Romans, it was muslims who invited the jews to return to what is now known as Israel.

August 7, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
  7. Only Way

If you become like Jesus that would be the solution to all the problems. However, if you become like Mohammad it would be a much different story.

March 24, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
  8. Siyajkak

idiots...isn't the message of every single religion on earth the one that GOD IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE! So what gives anyone, be they Muslim, Christian, etc, Catholic, Protestant, Sunni, Shia the right to attack people over differences in doctrine? who are you to dictate the ways of God? To claim you are acting in Gods name against an infidel, I think, is one of the most blasphemous things you can say! i like the wording of Emperor Constantine the Great: all religions should be permitted, so that, whichever one is right, the real God is being taken care of. not that any religion is likely completely true. I'm Chrisitian, but their are flaws in Christianity, and I accept that. just try to be a good person your whole life and respect the divine in all His/Her/Their forms

March 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  9. judas

Wow people that take books written by men thousands of years way to seriously.

March 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
    • poor soles

The unexamined life is not worth living

March 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
    • RoseMcB

@poorsoles You have to remember that not everyone has drunk the koolaid. Some of us have gone along for years "unexamined" and are just as happy as clams at high tide. Oh, I know... I know. We only "think" we're happy, poor deluded fools that we are. Say a few prayers for us Sunday morning, if you don't mind. I, personally, will be in my nice warm bed with my nice warm husband, catching a few extra snoozes and... 🙂

March 24, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
  10. Tony

Look at what leaders are saying, we want to protect civilians from not getting hurt and prevent casualties, the hypocrisy...is the world wants to help Muslim civilians!

March 24, 2011 at 7:56 pm |
  11. Yan

BG, I am hoping to learn Arabic as well. I have strong background in the Bible and Christianity, and can tell you what leaves me cold – that is, a group that would deny health care to its fellow human beings, would display insanity as far as trying to do away with abortion rights, and would spread lies and distractions as naturally as breathing. What passes as Republican and conservative nowadays is truly terrifying. However, I can't go without appreciating those who speak out against Muslims and Islam for this reason – it is a man who constantly refers to the coming "Islamic Socialism" that really spurred me on the investigating. And the more I look, the better it sounds to me. Warm and fuzzy? More like hopeful as far as finding relief from the cruelty, deprivation and filthy corruption that is America and its capitalism gone wrong.

March 24, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
    • BG

You are a Muslim apologist and propagandist. My previous sentiment to you stands – make certain that you study ALL of Islam before you commit to it.

And if you do decide to commit to it, be quite certain that you willingly accept responsibility for what happens when the American public finally comes to grips with the reality of the Koran's subversive agenda upon American society.

It's not going to be pretty. You might not want to crow to loudly about being Muslim.

March 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
    • take a hike

@BG to Yan, is that a threat?

@BG Who are you to say what will happen when people LEARN FOR THEMSELVES the meaning of any religious text. True, Yan, or anyone for that matter, should study religion and all of it. Furthermore are you saying that there is a motive behind the Koran? Specifically to attack America, a country that was not known to Middle Europe at the time of its religious conception?

March 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
    • off a short pier

"is that a threat?"
      No, it's a forecast.

"Who are you to say what will happen when people..."
      Because I am one of them.

"Furthermore are you saying that there is a motive behind the Koran?"
      You think? Robert Spencer and Wafa Sultan sure do.

"Specifically to attack..."
      any country that's not Muslim.

March 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm |
    • I hope there are no sharks

@BG,

Your claim is that the Koran leads people to :
      "Specifically to attack..."any country that's not Muslim,

A country cannot be muslim. As far as conquering of nations is concerned, historically Muslim Emperors have made that the case; the question is not was islam spread by the sword? it is why was the sword there?

Let that be, why is it that Muslim Countries are the one's being invaded, puppetteered, dictated by the external, by our secretary. Why is my dollar in the hands of corrupt Pakistani leaders, are you saying that people cannot discern between a good human being and a bad one? Do you judge all books by their cover?

As far as a motive is concerned, I fear that manipulation of people may ultimately be the downfall of the race. I hope that humanity can sort this mess out before its too late; who knows where the truth is lingering.

March 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
    • take a hike

AN addendum: Why is it that mosques are being burned down in the States? Was the mosque threatening society in any way? It would have been more effective to kill some believers...

March 24, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
    • BG

"I fear that manipulation of people may ultimately be the downfall of the race."
      We are all manipulated in different ways. Your argument presupposes that different populations are actually capable of governing their respective countries without undue self-interest. This is a naive and vacuous position.

Don't blame the U.S. Afghanistan can't keep it's own house clean. Neither can Pakistan. They are hotbeds of tribal and theo-political infighting for control and have been for centuries. Now the various dictatorial kingdoms are losing their grips, as all dictators eventually do. The ME peoples are refusing to be controlled and manipulated, but can resulting democratic electorates be trusted to participate in building peaceful international relations? Where are there true ME democracies? Iraq? The can't stop fighting amongst themselves long enough to build their own schools and hospitals. The only established ME democracy is Israel. The rest continue to be plagued by infighting and corruption. How long will the American fleet be in Bahrain? Does the Arab League really -not- want us there? Are they capable of policing themselves? Witness Libya. How long will the Saudi oil flow? (Now we can add to the fight lithium, among other things.)

The international 'recipe' for peace has always been part coveted resource, part trade; The pendulum has always swung both ways in a precarious balance. If the pendulum stops, there will be no peace for anyone.

It's not for "humanity to sort this mess out," as you say, but for the peoples of the various ME nations to grow up and begin living in the 21st century.

March 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm |
    • tired feet (BG)

"Why is it that mosques are being burned down in the States? Was the mosque threatening society in any way?"

I don't condone this. I would never do it, for the simple reasons that it's morally wrong, physically dangerous, and politically counterproductive. It's borne out of an emotional reaction of frustration, fear, and general lack of control of the outcome. Make no mistake – people in the US are well aware of what's happening in Europe. Now, ,maybe the cat's out of the bag? Maybe the Koran is actually being read? Maybe the inherent nature of Islam is only now truly being understood? Maybe the U.S. is actually listening to Islamic apostates and European heads of state because they make sense?

Liberalism is a funny thing. Fool me once, my fault. (Remember what happened to a fellow named Jimmy Carter?) Now with 'multiculturalism' on the loose in northern Europe, that would be 'fool me twice, three, four, five, times.. still my fault.'
      But not forever.

"It would have been more effective to kill some believers"
      That's an Islamic fundamentalist mindset. The reality is that that would do exactly the opposite. See 'burning mosques', 'dictators that can actually control', etc...

March 24, 2011 at 9:44 pm |
    • LLJonesin'

Yan,
      Come On! You're worried about women losing their rights? Yeh, fly Islam...

July 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
  12. Yan

You know how it is said that negative attention is still attention, and advertising? Well, the Muslims don't have to seek attention, because the idolatrous Christians are doing it for them. I for one have (long ago) rejected Christianity, and America's false patriotism as well, and the reason for the former is primarily because it is idolatrous to have Jesus as a god. Christianity is entirely unbiblical, and I like the Bible very much. However, because of all the attacks on Islam, it has come to my attention. I am reading the Qur'an, and would love to have a mosque nearby. The first thing I discovered about Islam, that is a very important point in the faith, is that it has ONE GOD without associate or partner – and it is Allah.

March 24, 2011 at 6:40 pm |
    • BG

Another lost Muslim apologist in the making.

Did you attend your first stoning yet? When you study Islam, make sure that you study ALL of it... and not just the 'pretty sounding' parts that make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

March 24, 2011 at 6:48 pm |
  13. BG

"In some circles, my Muslim faith is not even accepted as a religion."

In many circles. More and more. Exactly. Google 'multiculturalism has failed' for the European perspective.

Islam needs to be banned from America now. Sharia, specifically, needs to be outlawed. The people will if their government does not.

March 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm |
    • Sherman Herman

Your definitely in need of meds or a tin foil hat if you think sharia law will ever be in place when the majority of the United States citizens are christians. BTW It's already banned but I guess you never heard of separation of church and state.

March 24, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
    • BG

@ Sherm

No, it's not. The US Treasury Dep't. both encourages and endorses investment and participation in Sharia finance products. Simply Google 'Sharia in the U.S.' or go to creepingsharia.com. Open your eyes.

March 24, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
    • take a hike

sharia compliant funds are a devised financial tool to get people spending their money, in a Halal (pure) way, those funds generally abstain from things like tobacco, alcohol, music, and so on. Much different section economically, but it keeps the money moving so Muslims can integrate into this economy, after all these people live in this country.

Would you say Sharia = socialism?

March 24, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
    • BG

No. More like Sharia = Terrorism. Go to the US Treasury website for literally -thousands- of Muslim "charity organizations" that have been identified as suspected terrorist organizations responsible for accepting funds from Sharia sources.

March 24, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  14. Alec

Same for these acts against people who have never done anything that can be proven and are paying for it with things they value. The Extreme Literal Bible Christians are prety much just as bad as another Extreme Muslim. The extremes in this war and our own country need to stop before real progress can start.

March 24, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
  15. Judy

Hi Jeff,

To quote the Taco Bell chihuahua, "I think I am in love!"

I DIG smart guys. Thanks for the Linda smack down. Much appreciated.

March 24, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
    • jeff

Hey Judy,
      You seem like a pretty smart girl yourself, especially if your Taco Bell commercial quote says anything about your food preferences!
      If this weren't a CNN comment page, I'd probably ask you out to go get some coffee tonight : )
      haha.

March 24, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • Jesusfreakazoid

I heard taco bell makes a killer cappuccino :0

March 24, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
    • jeff

I'd be at taco bell all the time if they did. ha

March 24, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
    • Dover

@Jeff and Judy.....you two have a nice date now......just please don't breed. Taco Bell a nice place? Now who's from the trailer?

March 25, 2011 at 12:07 am |
  16. Alec

The United States needs to stop picking an eye for an eye, or wars and conflict won't stop. Also keep this in mind a war won't stop until one side starts to step down and this never means another won.

March 24, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  17. take a hike

Muslims should stay out of the US political system because it does not comply with the principles of law under Islamic Guidelines. That is to say that our current system in the States is not run by the people, it is a machine that labels and reduces people. Law according to the Quran is guided by the ethics and morals provided in the Quran, which is the word of god, therefore god is ethics, nothing else. This is very confluent with 19th century european thinking FYI. The secular political system we reside in will not cohere with the values of the Quran (presumming one sees positive value in them) unless people, relgious or not, develop a common ground for their issues rather than stab each other in the back like cowards and then lie about it like hypocrites.

@ Reality, you are very correct in your facts of the number of people who have been killed by terrorists. I hope you dont pick at your food though as much as you pick on your "facts." Do you believe every statistic sheet that rolls by in front of you. My question to you is, if a mormon priest is accused of pedophilia, are all X-tians pedophiles (not to say you are of that faith).

– The most killing observed is occuring in Muslim Nations by people who do not fear anything, US agents or Arab militants. The killing has begun, I am waiting for the mass murders to start, the lines of people who are persecuted because they have what we want and we have what they want.

March 24, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
    • RangerDOS

I've got what you want alright – a large roll of aluminum foil for making hats: Keeps the Government and "Space" alieans out of your brain.

March 24, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
    • Alec

Anyone who is a citizen in the United States is allowed to be The President, Governor, Senator, or Judge. I also don't think afear of muslim take over is reasonable. Any muslim more than less are here for a better life which most christians are doing an amazing job taking that away for them over different people who hurt us. I ask you when will the hate for another end.

March 24, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
    • BG

@ RangerDOS

and the time is quickly coming when fools like yourself who attempt to dismiss and marginalize the reality of the Islamic agenda will have their proverbial 'tin foil' stuffed down their throats.

Damned stupid liberal idiots.

March 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm |
  18. Reality

Solving many of these problems in less than 100 words:

Saving 1.5 billion lost Muslims:
    There never was and never will be any angels i.e. no Gabriel, no Islam

Saving 2 billion lost Christians:

There was and never will be any bodily resurrections i.e. No Easter, no Christianity

Saving 15.5 million Orthodox followers of Judaism:

Abraham and Moses never existed.

Added details upon request.-- To include short summaries on how to save Hindus, Buddhists and Pagans.

March 24, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • Siyajkak

saving the entire population of the universe: there never was a big bang; no big bang, no universe; no people in the universe

see, i can spout "facts" too

March 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  19. Linda

These "Mosques" are for men only! It's not a place for families to worship. I don't think most Americans realize this.

March 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
    • jeff

LOL @linda...
      always great to see the idiots of the world so willing to accept whatever they're told. Let me guess, 'ol Jimbo in the trailer next door told you that mosques are for men only? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you've never been anywhere near a mosque, so you have no idea what you're talking about. They're places where families come to worship their faith, just like virtually every other major religion. I know it's not nice to make fun of those who aren't as smart as the rest of us, but I can't help but laugh at you Linda.

March 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Jesusfreakazoid

But Jimbo read it online, so it has to be true...

March 24, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
    • Jafar Partowmah

Linda, your statement is not accurate. Perhaps the few mosques you have attended don't have adequate facility to meet the needs of women and children in your community, but to say that mosques are only for men is a gross misstatement that will lead people to believe things about Islam and Muslims that are not in line with the truth.

March 24, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • Mary

You are absolutely right! Most Americans don't realize that women and men don't pray together in mosques, which doesn't establish a family environment. It's not clear why Muslims want to establish a foothold in the U.S. since we are a predominatly Christian country and the two religions are not complementary.

March 24, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
    • Angelique

@Linda I know your statement is inaccurate because I recall learning that Muslim women are typically behind the men at prayer at mosques – and to someone like you, you would say look! That means they're saying women are inferior! However, the reason is so that men do not have women's backsides in their faces during prayer. It is a respectful practice towards the women, that I would choose to do as a woman in that situation as well given the way that they pray! I wouldn't want to be in that position in front of a bunch of men either.

March 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
    • Jackie789

linda–you are 100% correct. women and men aren't allowed to pray together, so families aren't allowed to pray together. their prophet muhammad said that if a man is praying facing mecca, and a woman or a dog pass in front of him, his prayers are cancelled.

women are always in the back, in another room, in another building. most americans do not realize this. and the ones that do are shouted down and insulted by idiots like "jeff," who thinks implying you live in a trailer park will somehow distract people from the fact that islam is the most woman-hating ideology out there. christianity and judaism are misogynistic too, but they haven't been political ideologies since day 1 of their calendars like islam has. and this is why families can sit together in churches today.

everyone needs to wake up.

March 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
    • amouri

Linda,go on fridays around 1:30-2:30 pm and you will see who prays at the mosques.do not fear the women,children and men,they do not bite

March 24, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
    • RoseMcB

@Jafar The most interesting thing to me about your comment was that perhaps Linda's experience with mosques has been with facilities too small to also accommodate women/children. What that says to me is where exactly women and children fit in on the Islamic totem pole. When other faiths build houses of worship, they automatically accomodate EVERYONE in the family. They don't prioritize their parishioners in order of social importance, which, it seems Islam does. Talk about your great big fat red flags. OMG. I actually laughed out loud.

March 24, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • agehrw

Unfortunately the fact that women aren't allowed to worship in the same room and have to be behind the men is true and I honestly think that American Muslims should change that. I have no issue with religion as long as it doesn't exclude people or treat them differently. It should be unacceptable to treat a woman differently (and some could argue inferior) just as it should be wrong to exclude someone for being gay. Intolerance should never be excused because of religion - in fact, most people wouldn't have a problem with religion if it didn't encourage certain kinds of discrimination. And anyone who dislikes those who practice a religion solely because they believe in a supernatural being should really find something better to do.

March 25, 2011 at 1:47 am |
    • Kevin

Doesn't sound like any mesjid (mosque) I've ever been to. It is forbidden to forbid women from going to the mesjid and yes, families do go there and meet each other too. The mesjid is a place not only for worship, but also to build a sense of community.

March 26, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  20. Peter

Some of the anti-Muslim comments that I read, about how American Muslims should no be allowed in government, there should be restrictions, etc, is shockingly similar to what was said about Jews and Catholics in America in the late 1800s. Oh well, I guess some things never change in America!

March 24, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
    • Harlan D

If religions didn't cause people to act like dunderheads, no one would object to any religious person in government.
      As far as I'm concerned, all believers who cannot differentiate between reality and delusion should not be allowed to work in government without proper safeguards in place.
      But, hey, no pressure. We're all gonna die anyway. Nothing I do can make a difference to those blinded by religion, so who cares anymore? The world is turning to shlt and we can thank religious people for most of that.

March 24, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
    • Jackie789

and btw, i doubt you're aware of this, but there are 2 muslims in congress, there are muslim mayors, representatives, and council members all over this country.

no one is saying muslims can't be a part of government, especially since we have a secular government with no religious test. stop imagining things.

March 24, 2011 at 11:45 pm |