home
RSS
My Faith: After my mosque was torched
The Islamic Center of Columbia, Tennessee, after it was torched in 2008.
August 7th, 2012

My Faith: After my mosque was torched

Editor's Note: This piece was originally published in 2011. Daoud Abudiab is president of the Islamic Center of Columbia, Tennessee, where he works as an administrator for a physicians' group.

By Daoud Abudiab, Special to CNN

Last year, my son and I attended the White House conference on bullying prevention. We heard stories of people being bullied for being black, gay, lesbian and Sikh. The stories were compelling and left me more critical of our culture, in which it is popular to act in ways that dishonor our traditions.

Some of my friends were interested in the details of my Washington trip. I commented on the diversity at the White House event. A friend made a joke about the composition of attendees reflecting a typical Democratic Party gathering.

I thought of it as a typical American gathering. But I have become aware that not all Americans honor my American citizenship.

Read: Missouri mosque destroyed in fire

In some circles, my Muslim faith is not even accepted as a religion.

And Muslims everywhere are feeling increasingly less welcome in America. We see our kids bullied in schools over their faith and our daughters, wives and mothers picked on and ridiculed for wearing hijab, the Muslim headscarf.

Mosques  across America have been vandalized in recent years. Mine was one of them.

In 2001, I was excited to be among the founders of the Islamic Center of Columbia in central Tennessee.

We are a small Muslim community in a small town. Our families felt welcome, and we were positively featured in the local newspaper on a couple of occasions.

But in February 2008, the Islamic Center of Columbia was destroyed in a fire. A year later, three young men from Columbia were sentenced to prison terms of 6 to 14 years for hate crimes against our house of worship.

According to the federal complaint against them, the fire they set was at least partially inspired by the Bible. “What goes on in that building is illegal according to the Bible,” one of them told authorities afterward, referring to our mosque.

The men belonged to the Christian Identity Movement, according to the federal complaint, and said the arson gained them honor among the group’s other members.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the right-wing movement is “nominally Christian” but has little in common with even the “most conservative of American Protestants.”

After the fire, many Christians supported us. The pastor at First Presbyterian Church of Columbia, Bill Williamson, invited my congregation to pray at his church until we found a new home.

In November 2008, at the opening ceremony for our new location, I handed Bill back the key to his house of worship. We remain friends and share our story of love and compassion for one another any time we get the chance.

There were other Christians who did not act very Jesus-like after the mosque fire.

When my son countered middle school tormenters who called him a terrorist by telling about the burning of mosque, one response was “that’s OK, because you are in our country and we can do that to you.”

One local Christian pastor, meanwhile, publicly criticized First Presbyterian Church for sharing its space with my congregation, arguing that Muslims worship a different God than Christians.

People like that often claim superiority to Muslims, but they don’t walk the walk.

Last year, I shared a stage at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tennessee with Robert Montgomery, a Pulaski pastor who I met through Bill Williamson.

We discussed the journey that led to our friendship. He claims to have become a better Christian as a result of the non-Christian friends he has known over the years. I know that’s true for me as a Muslim.

There is nothing to fear or compromise in such a friendship and everything to gain.

When I articulate my faith to someone who does not share it, I feel accountable. It is uncomfortable to be a hypocrite, or at least it should be.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Daoud Abudiab.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Islam • Mosque • Tennessee

1. keith

When Cain killed his brother Able, God cursed Cain and his seed. His seed has evolved in the Muslim faith of the Koran. Jesus died for all sin except the devil and his angels. Who will be cast into Hell. America was not founded on the Muslim faith and they are moving to America.

March 25, 2011 at 6:53 am |
    • Sally Li

Don't eat scrambled eggs for breakfast before you read the Bible. The story of Cain and ABEL has nothing to do with Muslims. In fact, if you read the Bible carefully, you will see for yourself that the Bible states that Noah was descended from Seth, not from Cain. Abraham and Ishmael were descended from Noah, according to the Book of Genesis.

March 25, 2011 at 7:20 am |
    • Navman

Keith, The Muslims are descendants of Abraham's first son Ishmael. This son was sired through the handmaiden Hagar, and if you read the bible you will find that God did not hate Hagar or her son, as he rescued them from sure death after Sarah had Abraham put them out once she bore Isaac. I doubt God hates any of us he only hates what we do. God hates Sin, not sinners.

March 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  2. Gianni

"Let me say to non-Muslim Americans: I do not want to convert you. I simply ask that you be true to who you say you are. Let us all honor the best of our traditions."

Hypocrite. It specifically says in Quran that converting infidels (by sword, if words fails) is your duty as a Muslim. And unlike Christians, Muslims believe that their book is the unadultered word of Allah. So anyone claiming to be a Muslim *and* claiming to not want to convert infidels is a liar one way or another.

March 25, 2011 at 6:49 am |
    • Medardus

I'm pretty sure there are things in your holy book you don't agree with.

March 25, 2011 at 7:52 am |
    • Abdurahman

Please read verse 2:256 in the Holy Qur'an. What your saying about Islam is a lie. The verse specifically says that there shouldn't be any compulsion in religion.

March 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
    • AtheistKing

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
      -Matthew 10:34

You silly ignorant fool 🙂

March 26, 2011 at 11:58 am |
  3. gandalf101

who cares ! it's another fugfing muslim

March 25, 2011 at 6:43 am |
    • Rick

Go play in traffic, pendejo

March 25, 2011 at 7:51 am |
  4. Bones

I respect this guy, I have respect for his religion, but I can't stand his culture. I don't have to "like" his culture and if it shows on my face as you treat your wife(wives) as second class citizens then so be it. Move to a culture that fits your religion.

March 25, 2011 at 5:43 am |
  5. Sharia Law?

As long as your branch of the Muslim religion does not support Sharia law then you are cool in my book and I would spit on anyone who would attack you or destroy your property. You do not even have to condone it, just do not support it. The very second that you start endorsing Sharia law I will be the one to burn your Mosque to the ground with you inside of it.

No Sharia Law = you can come over and borrow my sugar
    Sharia law = I will hide your remains in hog waste so you can never enter the afterlife
    No Sharia law = come hang out and have dinner with me
    Sharia law = I cut off your head and make a youtube video out of it
    No Sharia Law = We can be Bros
    Sharia law = I will remove your cojones and stick them into your eye sockets.

TL;DR Do not try and bring Sharia Law into the United States

March 25, 2011 at 5:43 am |
    • Medardus

What's it like being a bigoted idiot?

I ask only for information.

March 25, 2011 at 7:35 am |
  6. lizazabc

I wonder how all of the Christians in Ethiopia and the many other places felt when their churches were burned and their people were slaughtered in the name of Allah? Where were you? Where was your woe is me article then? What about the the Jewish family in Jerusalem that was slaughtered in the name of Allah the most merciful? Their 3 month old baby who's neck was sliced open? All in the name of Allah? You see Daoud there have been far too many examples of violence, torture, murder, slaughter in the name of Allah for it just to be a few wing nuts. People are scared of your Koran, and for good reason.

March 25, 2011 at 5:21 am |
  7. T

Mostreligions are a farce. The good they do is far outweighed by the violence perpetuated in their name. It just so happens that Islam is the biggest sham of them all. The US and Westen societies in general were founded on democracy and if you want sharia then go back from where you came. I personally think we should isolate ourselves from the Middle East completely and put a moratorium in immigrtion from any of those predominantly Muslim countries whose edict is to "kill the infidels."

March 25, 2011 at 5:03 am |
    • Sally Li

It is not religion which is the farce. It is the violence committed by petty minds in the name of religion which is the farce.
      And the newest religion in America is child protection, because most Americans really don't have any time to spend with their kids until and unless they become unemployed, so this is guilt-motivated. And now we are seeing violence and all kinds of excessiveness perpetrated in the name of this new American religion of child protection outrage. Most other countries think that the way Americans handle this issue is ridiculous, and self-defeating, and hypocritical, and full of witch-hunting.

March 25, 2011 at 7:16 am |
    • Cullen

The United States was not founded on democracy, we were founded as Republic.

And you say the violence carried out in the name of religion outweighs the good it has done. I could say the same thing about nearly all forms of government and political ideology. I can say as a fact that more people were murdered in the name of Marx than of Christ.

March 25, 2011 at 8:29 am |
  8. R. Hamilton

Just remember what it feels like when you read about the 50 churches that got
    burned down in Ethiopia.

Neither case is right. Anyone that doesn't get that is missing the point entirely.
    Anyone that only tells sob stories about one group isn't doing anyone a favor either.

March 25, 2011 at 4:20 am |
  9. dr.music

so in the end what will happen to islam ?
    will it just vanish?

March 25, 2011 at 4:14 am |
  10. dr.music

S you're stuck in islam and don.t have the guts to leave this cult you were mistakenly born in ....sad.

BEING HUMAN IS A FUN THING...BUT TO BE HUMAN AND IN ISLAM IS JUST VERY VERY BAD LUCK...MORE BAD LUCK FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN AND BECAUSE OF THAT ... BAD FOR ALL MUSLIM MEN TOO. JUST FACE FACTS.....RELAX READ THRU...
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY OTHER CULTURES DON'T NAME THEIR KIDS MOHA-MAD ? I'LL TELL YOU...IT'S BECAUSE MOHA-MAD IS THE DIRTIEST NAME ON THE PLANET. THE DIRTIEST DIRTIEST DIRTIEST. NOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ISLAM THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE YOU READ THIS....AND YES YOU'RE WELCOME. ANYTIME LOOK AT THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU MADE BY THE KAFFIRS THAT ISN'T MESSED UP. WITH DICK-HEAD ARABIC AND THINK.... IF ISLAM CONTINUES YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN WILL BE SLAVES TOO AND THERE WILL BE NO KAFFIRS LEFT AND ALL YOU’LL HAVE IS POVERTY ALL AROUND YOU AND THE ARABS WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR MASTERS AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY OWN THAT STUPID KORAN AND IT TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO NOT HAVE A LIFE OTHER THAN ISLAM BECAUSE ISLAM SAYS SO. MOSQUES LOOK STUPID ANY WAY YOU SEE THEM SO A THOUSAND MOSQUES LOOK A THOUSAND TIMES STUPID AND ALL THEY TEACH IS STUPIDITY BECAUSE THE STUPID BOOK SAYS IT IS SO. THERE WON'T BE PEOPLE LIKE ME AROUND TO GUIDE YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN TO GET OUT OF THIS EVIL CULT OF ISLAM STARTED BY AN EVIL EVIL AND DEMENTED MAN WHO HATED WOMEN AND CHILDREN BUT PEPPERED HIS LANGUAGE FLOWERFULLY WITH WORDS LIKE HUMANITY ETC, WHICH HE'S TWISTED SO BADLY AND CRUELLY THAT THE SIMPLE ARABS JUST FELL FOR IT. BUT.... YOU DON'T HAVE TO...SORRY ABOUT THE CAP LOCKS .... BUT I THINK ISLAM HAS DEADENED YOUR LOGIC TOO MUCH. LOOK AROUND YOU ...READ THE KORAN...MOHA-MAD WAS A CERTIFIED VERY EVIL MAD MAN....WHAT DO YOU THINK...JUST READ THE KORAN...JUST READ THE CRAP IN IT AND MAKE A JUDGMENT FOR YOUR KIDS....REMEMBER...THE KORAN SAYS YOU CAN'T QUESTION IT ....BALLS....NO ONE CONTROLS YOUR MIND...NO ONE...DEFINITELY NOT A LONG DEAD MAD MAN AS YOU'LL SEE... USE LOGIC...YOU KNOW ENGLISH... THAT'S A SUPERB START..... COME ON MAN ...THINK !!!

March 25, 2011 at 4:11 am |
    • Pipy

Uh.... you left your cap lock on. Oh, and you're a closed minded trolling dumb ***.

March 25, 2011 at 4:29 am |
    • Sally Li

Mohammed means "delightful". The name Mohammed actually derives from the same root as Madonna!

March 25, 2011 at 7:11 am |
    • Medardus

Obviously forgot his meds this morning...

March 25, 2011 at 7:49 am |
    • Seriously

Mohammad means ' the praised one' and is the most common name in the world, hahaha, good night troll.

March 25, 2011 at 9:08 am |
    • Geoffrey

LIKE YOU ARE STUCK IN CAPS-LOCK?

Your diatribe is insane and completely wrong. Islam is a religion that has existed in its current form longer than protestant Christianity. It is no more "a cult" by any possible interpretation of theology than any other world faith. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. You are going to have to figure out a way to live with them. Fortunately it is easier to do that than to put up with a jerk like yourself. Get a life.

March 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  11. Abdurahman

What is this non-sense about "can't a build a church in muslim-dominated countries"? That's false, ridiculous, absurd, & a denial of reality. There's a church in every muslim-dominated country. Even in countries such as Somalia, where Christianity makes less than 1% population, and where 99% of the population is muslim, there are churches. The only muslim country that might not have a church is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia–100% of the Saudi population is muslim, & yet there are American troops stationed in areas inside the Kingdom where they can meet for Bible study & prayer services; where as in other parts country such would not be allowed. But still, you can't say that Christians can't worship in muslim countries, including places such as Saudi Arabia. These allegations that I'm hearing is propaganda & non-sense.

March 25, 2011 at 3:59 am |
    • Belita

Totally agree!!! I have been to many countries and with my own eyes have seen other places of worship other than muslim.
      For anyone to say that no other places of worship exist other than muslim in the middle east, speaks with a "forked tongue."

March 25, 2011 at 4:26 am |
    • Frederica

@Ab-, It's all for a show or for foreigners only. Lying to infidels is no wrong to you. Muslims who convert to something else get death. Is that a religious freedom? Liers.

March 25, 2011 at 4:53 am |
    • lizazabc

You should speak the truth Abdul:

-In Saudi Arabia, Christians, a large percentage of the foreign workers making up a quarter of the population, will not be able to find any churches whatsoever to worship in. Churches are forbidden. Dozens of those who pray together in private houses were arrested and jailed earlier this year. This fanatically intolerant kingdom even forbids Muslims, under threat of death, to wish a Christian "Happy Holidays," much less "Merry Christmas."
      -In Egypt Christians are treated as "second-class citizens" under state-sponsored discrimination and actively persecuted by Islamic militants apart from the government. He cited the week-long riot in October against St. George's Coptic Church in Alexandria by a 10,000-strong mob incensed by rumors of blasphemy.
      -In Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country and one traditionally renowned for its religious toleration, terrorists bombed churches in 18 cities, killing scores and wounding hundreds. Violence against the Christian minority has steadily continued over the past decade." As an example, he cited the beheadings of three Christian teenage girls in Sulawesi in late October. International Christian Concern's Jeff King brought photos of the incident; the girls' heads were left at a church, each with a note that vowed, "We will murder 100 more Christian teenagers and their heads will be presented as presents.
      -Attacks on Christian minorities over the Christmas period were also reported in Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country, and in mostly Sunni Muslim Pakistan. In one case last year in Gojra, Pakistan, several Christians were burned to death and Christian homes and churches destroyed by a mob after reports circulated that a Qu'ran had been desecrated. "The attacks on Christians seem to be symptomatic of a well-organised campaign launched by extremist elements all over central Punjab," Pakistan's human right commission chairwoman Asma Jehangir said.

-Disturbances have also shaken majority Muslim Malaysia in recent weeks, where attacks on churches and a Catholic school followed a row over whether Christians should be allowed to use the word "Allah" to refer to God. In separate incidents, extremist thugs have also picked on Malaysia's Hindu minority.

There is not enough room on this board to list the murder, slaughter, hate, biggotry in the name of Allah.

March 25, 2011 at 5:43 am |
    • Medardus

@lizazabc

So the people who've been burning mosques, bullying Muslims and leaving pipe bombs at Islamic centers are what?

March 25, 2011 at 7:47 am |
  12. Frederica

The last line doesn't sound authentic Islam at all. It sounds more like meaningless rhetoric of Hindus.

March 25, 2011 at 2:51 am |
    • collins61

Meaningless rhetoric is a pillar in Islam.Who are you kidding?

March 25, 2011 at 4:01 am |
  13. Frederica

I don't know why this man expects kindness – walk the talk – from Christians in the first place. Christians are infidels; how can he expect them to behave better than his fellow Muslims? I would not expect single kindness from any kind of pagans no matter what religions they claim. And if I knew Christians are the only ones who'd show unconditional love of God to everyone regardless, I'd convert to Christianity no matter what my original religion is.

March 25, 2011 at 2:44 am |
    • collins61

Yeah, and having said that, Muslims lose one little backwoods mosque and the world is out to get them yet over 40 churches were burned to the ground, usually with Christians in them in Pakistan alone and no CNN article. Well, how's it feel? Maybe its time to teach the rest of your pagan clan what it's like. Your Mosque could have been torched with everyone inside it, but it wasn't. I Wonder why?

March 25, 2011 at 4:00 am |
    • Wolf

You need to stop grouping people into the same category. Not every person who is Muslim believes or practices EVERYTHING in the Qur'an, Hadith or Sura. Just like not every Christian believes or practices everything in the Bible. Not all Jews believe or practice everything in the Talmud or Torah.

March 25, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  14. MM

Would Muslims allow Christians to worship in their mosque? They call all non-Muslims infidels so how would they justify Christians worshiping in their mosque? I mean I truly don't understand. I'm not being sarcastic.

March 25, 2011 at 2:34 am |
    • Don

I have know a lot of Muslims and I am too, I have never not once hear any of them say that. All the ones I've met are respectful and teach me to always be respectful of everyone regardless of religion, race or culture.

March 25, 2011 at 3:40 am |
    • lizazabc

Don lives under a rock.

March 25, 2011 at 5:26 am |
  15. Frederica

Christians, protect Muslims from harms.
    Muslims in the free world, work to your bones for fair treatment of infidels back in the countries of your origins. You tasted what it means your worship places are burnt down.

March 25, 2011 at 2:30 am |
  16. fronz metal

Dont your knees hurt ??? Is there any fun in islam? I mean im a pagan vegetarian and islam is boring, i went to a mosque once and they were eating chicken on white bread, Its like everything they do and eat turns me off. They have no kind of altar or deity, they are like jews , they pray at blank walls, Shiva ,Krishna. is a lot more meditative. Question did any of you guys ever check into the far out world of the VEDAS?

March 25, 2011 at 2:00 am |
  17. fronz metal

im glad you dont eat pork , go all out lacto -vegetarian and you guys would get it, The problem with islam is that they eat red meat, abstraining from pork is not enough, quit meat fish and eggs, dairy OK

March 25, 2011 at 1:54 am |
  18. jojo mojo

Will they let Churches in Muslim dominant countries? I say shut down any mosque by ANY means neccesary.

March 25, 2011 at 1:53 am |
    • Truthseeker

Well said. Completely agree.

March 25, 2011 at 2:28 am |
    • PitchBlack

What, because Christian Churches aren't allowed in some Muslim countries, we shouldn't allow Mosques here? Way to take the high road, Jesus would be proud.

March 25, 2011 at 3:01 am |
    • David

Two thoughts; first off, the fact we have religious freedom is what sets us apart from some other countries. Secondly, the fact that you would attack freedom of religion of others makes you more an enemy of our country than Al-Qaeda, and this is coming from a military service member.

March 25, 2011 at 4:04 am |
    • hassan

you must not know the history of christians desiring to live in muslim countries rather than under jewish or their own christian bretheren's rule for hundreds of years, what your witnessing is a new phenom, prior to this... every heard of the crusades?

March 25, 2011 at 4:30 am |
    • leonid7

yes, there are many churches in countries like lebanon and egypt. In lebanon there are 1.6 million christians, and in egypt there at least 8 million. In UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait, christianity actually has significant government approval, if not outright support.

March 25, 2011 at 5:00 am |
    • lizazabc

hassan – ever tell the truth as to why the crusades started? What the Muslim hordes were doing to those they tried to dominate?

March 25, 2011 at 5:24 am |
    • Sally Li

That's a First Amendment violation. I say scrap the Patriot Act and the lying that goes on in lower courts all the time, where police are forced to incriminate themselves or face the loss of a job – that's a Fifth Amendment violation.
      The solution to theocratic overkill in Middle Eastern and other countries is not for the United States to hop on the bandwagon.
      The solution is to encourage secularism in theocratic domains, from Pakistan to Isr@el. And linkage should not be overlooked.The condition for building a mosque in New York City should be a church built in the largest city in Saudi Arabia and Iran. If our diplomatic corps were on the ball and doing its job, instead of riding feminist dead horse causes which alienated Egyptians to the point where they had a rebellion with strongly anti-foreign and Islamist overtones, we would have
      seen this linkage already. But this is the level of competence you get with a third of a century of Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity hiring and promotion in the Foreign Service.

March 25, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • Hally

Since when do foriegn nations set our national policy?

March 25, 2011 at 7:00 am |
    • Medardus

@lizazabc

Yeah, they put up schools.

March 25, 2011 at 7:42 am |
    • Rick

jojo: way to take the high road. that whole "freedom of religion" thing a bit tough for you to understand?

March 25, 2011 at 7:46 am |
    • Geoffrey

YES! They do exactly that. There are churches, very active ones in Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Syria, Jordan. It is obvious that your prerogative to be a bigot requires no need to learn or study. Elsewhere, there is relatively little Christian population but there are churches there. Even in Iran there are churches. There were far more but the Iranian government targets Christians because it is politically convenient and not because of any religious concept. If you must be a BIGOT get your facts straight first so you don't come off as someone whose hate leads them to believe something opposite of reality.

March 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
  19. Devonshire

I have Muslim friends and I deeply respect them and their religion. However, Muslims have failed to define "radical Islam". They
    have failed to define the difference between good American Muslims and those who do indeed commit atrocities. Until they differentiate themselves and define this difference then they will continue to be stereotyped. There are radicals among them and they need to isolate these radicals themselves and show them for who they are or nothing will change for them.

March 25, 2011 at 1:42 am |
    • Loulou

There are radicals in any sort of belief system... you don't need to denounce your intelligence any further by participating in such a foolish argument.

March 25, 2011 at 1:58 am |
    • hassan

As a Blackman should every caucasian have to prove thmselves nonracial, what about every u.s military GI have to prove that they are not murders because they have killed innocent iraqis or afgani. catholic? christian? Why should Muslim have to make that deterimnation? Be fair ask all groups to do the same. what about all americans for raiding others lands and taking over their resources- should all american can out the wicked- maybe but no one is asking! So unfair, so hypocitical(not U the situation)

March 25, 2011 at 4:16 am |
    • Geoffrey

That is not true. There is no more "Radical Islam" than there is "Radical Christianity". The differences are very obvious if you trouble yourself to learn about the faith. You could not be very good friends with these claimed "Muslim friends", if you even know any of them. If you do have these "Friends" why not be friendly. The answer to your question will be simple and obvious.

March 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  20. hubkapp

Do not judge others lest you be judged. America was founded around religious freedom. Where does anyone get off telling this American that he can't or shouldn't worship in his own way? I can't claim to know WWJD (what would Jesus do) but i'm fairly certain the Bible I read promotes love and tolerance. I can't recall any part that said "add excellerant to this corner of building for best effect".

March 25, 2011 at 1:39 am |
    • dave

So its ok that in ANY muslim countrys christians get isht on every day and they cant even worship in old churchs that the muslims stole?

March 25, 2011 at 5:31 am |
    • Anna

What churches have Muslims stolen? Squatting doesn't work these days

March 25, 2011 at 5:49 am |
    • Sally Li

Anna – are you familiar with the history of Constantinople?

March 25, 2011 at 6:52 am |
    • Dan Collins

Ask the French where tolerance of Muslims has gotten them. These rag heads WILL attempt to take over everything if we have tolerance of them. I will tolerate them when they go back to bobbing their heads in the sand of their own countries and worshiping a false god. And our nation was built on Christian principals not muslim doctrine!

March 25, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • Medardus

@Dan

You obviously haven't read Article 11 of the 1796 Treaty of Tripoli:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

You'll want to zip that up, Dan. Your bigotry is showing.

March 25, 2011 at 7:37 am |
    • Rick

@ Dan: The Christians will take over everything if we have tolerance of them. Also, t

March 25, 2011 at 7:39 am |
    • Rick

@Dan: Pretty sure you are not worshipping the "false" god? Typical arrogant Christian bigot

March 25, 2011 at 7:42 am |