home
RSS
Christian college student's idea leads to rally for burned mosque
Surveying the destroyed Joplin mosque.
August 8th, 2012

Christian college student's idea leads to rally for burned mosque

By Josh Levs, CNN

(CNN) - When 20-year-old Ashley Carter heard about a mosque burned to the ground in her town this week, she was shocked.

"I was very saddened," she told CNN on Wednesday. "I thought it was very evil."

So Carter, a student at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri, texted a friend, suggesting they organize an event "promoting acts of love."

But quickly, the idea changed: They would organize a "rally of people coming together, from all walks of life, all religions, a really diverse group of people trying to promote this radical love."

She called Kimberly Kester, spokeswoman for the Islamic Society of Joplin, whose worship house serving about 50 families in the southwest Missouri city burned down Monday. Investigators have not determined the cause, but the mosque has been attacked in the past.

My Faith: After my mosque was torched

Kester supported the idea. So Carter and some of her friends created the plan for the rally and announced it on a Facebook page. The next day, Tuesday, word began to spread. By Wednesday morning, more than 400 people had posted that they would attend the event, scheduled for Saturday, August 25.

Carter said she was inspired by "my love for Jesus. And I know that Jesus calls us to love people."

"With everything that's been happening in the news this week" - which includes a shooting Sunday at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that left six worshipers and the gunman dead - "I was pretty discouraged," Carter said. "Regardless of what you believe, I think everybody's entitled to loving whoever."

Kester told CNN she and other members of the mosque plan to attend the rally.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

The response to the burning from people throughout the community has been "outstanding," she said. "There were representatives from different churches, different organizations at the site that afternoon speaking to the Imam. People have been calling anyone that they know that has been involved with the mosque, offering to help."

St. Philip's Episcopal Church in Joplin is hosting an iftar - a meal eaten by Muslims after dark during Ramadan - on Wednesday evening. The Council on American-Islamic Relations announced that speakers will include members of the interfaith community. Sponsoring groups include the South Joplin Christian Church, the United Hebrew Congregation, the First Community Church and Peace Lutheran Church, CAIR said.

Representatives of various Islamic groups will attend, Kester said. They will discuss the future and what provisions are needed to continue Sunday school and prayers.

The mosque is holding daily prayers at someone's house now, and expects to rent a new place as soon as this week, although numerous religious institutions have offered their facilities, Kester said.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

"We're hoping for security and that type of support from our community," she added.

Members say this is an opportunity to kind of start over and improve on things that we've always wanted to improve upon, like our security system or Sunday school facilities," she said. "It's a time for us to unite and focus on supporting each other. And yes, it's a tragedy ... but we want to focus on coming together and building a stronger community."

No final decision has been made on whether the mosque will move to a new location, but there is a consensus to move inside the city limits, Kester said. "We feel that the response time for fire employees would be less if were in the city limits and it would offer us a little bit more protection and security."

No definite plans will be made before an investigation is completed into the burning, said the mosque's treasurer, Navid Zaidi. "We need to get this crime solved, before we do anything."

He said he hopes the rally is safe and that authorities keep everyone protected. Assuming the fire was arson, the perpetrator "is out there - he is loose," Zaidi said.

Zaidi described the support coming from the community as "tremendous."

A fundraising effort to help rebuild the mosque is off to an auspicious start.

The website of the official campaign shows a goal of $250,000, with more than $40,000 pledged by Wednesday afternoon.

A video for the campaign refers to the mosque as "our refuge in a crazy and hectic world." It shows what the mosque looked like, followed by images of the charred wreckage.

Arsalan Iftikhar, an international human rights lawyer and founder of TheMuslimGuy.com, tweeted that he will donate a dollar for every retweet of his message. He quickly got hundreds of retweets.

Iftikhar is a frequent contributor to CNN.com.

Carter says she expects donations to be taken at the rally. And anyone who wants to donate money to cover the costs of staging the rally can through the Facebook page.

Different kinds of bands will play, including religious bands, she said. And speakers will talk about "promoting love."

"When there's an act of hate, you have a choice to make it something beautiful. So that's what this is all about: making things beautiful from things that aren't."

–CNN's Anna-Lysa Gayle contributed to this report.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Islam • Missouri

soundoff (1,091 Responses)
  1. Mark

May allah guide you all to the final and best religion.

salam-

August 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • Jack

religions for weakmined scared people who can't accpet that when you die you're just that...dead.

August 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm |

minded

August 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • Jack

and nothing more dangerous than a scared religious person

August 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Except a scared little teenager trolling instead of studying.

August 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
    • Jack

Tom Tom...thanks for thinking I'm so young. I do look good too. I've been around for a long time and have forgotten more than you know...in fact, everything you know is wrong.

August 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Bragging about how long you've "been around" again? Why don't you tell everyone when you were born, Jackie-poo? You keep pretending you are something you're not and you're simply not believable. Here's a bit of advice: don't go into acting. You really s u c k at it.

August 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

There's a very good reason I think you're a teeny-weeny, Jackie. It's your level of intelligence and knowledge as evidenced by your posts. You write like a kid. If you're not one, you should go back to school and demand an education.

August 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm |

Tom tom...you first

August 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Fine. I was born in 1955. Your turn, babycakes.

August 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Come on, Jackie. Or are you going to lie as you do about everything else you write here?

August 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • the Cohen

I'd like to add that the youn lady n this report has the exact right idea in supporting the Muslims in the loss of their place of worship... This is what Jesus would do as well as all his apostles ..Jesus said bless those who curse you pray for those who dispitefully misuse you , rejoice when you are persecuted ...do gooooooooood !!!!!!!!!!!!
      not evil... but persons like jack in this forum and those whom he worships ( conservatives ) , take Jesus name and mis use it .. God bless their poor souls.. save them from their mis guided darkeness...
      GOVERNMENTS CANNOT SERVE GOD.... becaue they cannot keep Satan out ...

August 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Eh, ignore him. He's a little punk.

August 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Crickets chirping. Pretty much what I predicted.

August 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |

Tom Tom 1953. see I'm much older and wiser

August 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You're neither. You're nothing but a liar, Jack.

You're a kid. You write like a kid. You're naive as a baby. You were no more born in '53 than you're employed.

Get off it.

August 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Andrew

Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions

August 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • Adult

Ahem, excuse me, Tom, Tom, but while you have some valid points here and there, you are the one who sounds like a teenaged bully. Occasionally your ad homs are humorous, but your general hostility and brow-beating are not; and in fact, cast a detrimental light on non-believers.

August 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • Jack

tom Tom.. Why do you stand up for a religion and knock christianity when islam wants to limit your freedom as a woman and is so intolorant of other religions? You're standing up for a religion that is geared by their book and imams and clerics to take over. They are the only RELIGION to take over a country and run the government in the world. I don't get your logic.

August 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Adult, stick it. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. I won't be a bit upset. I'll respond to azzholes like Jack any way I choose.

Jack, you are such a complete moron. I don't "stand up" for any religion, whether it's Christianity or Islam. I'm an atheist/agnostic. I DO stand up for religious freedom, and that includes the freedom of all citizens to practice their religion as they choose as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's legal rights.

Can you show me any way in which Sikhs are interfering with my rights under law? If not, the only point you have is the one on your teeny-bopper head.

August 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You are also ignorant of history. I told you to study the Crusades, Jackie. Christianity has done its share of 'taking over' or attempting to take over other nations. Why don't you know that? You should.

August 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Adult,

TTTPS likes the 'eye for eye, tooth for a tooth' approach.

Honestly, it's the only approach most of the fundies here respond to. They claim to be new covenanters but always ignore what Jesus says (Matthew 5:38) if it supercedes their OT preferences. They even think it the concept is from Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20 and Deuteronomy 19:21 (3 against 1, so the OT wins), rather than the code of Hammurabi.

It's all well and good to take the high road and use reasoned argument. That mostly gets ignored here.

If you are looking for a dust-up, be as obnoxious as possible. It's what they understand.

August 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Thank you, GOPer. I know I'm obnoxious when I post to trolls like Jack. I'd be happy to discuss a topic rationally, but if Adult thinks that's possible with the likes of him, Adult hasn't read Jack's drivel.

There's no point in arguing civilly with people like that. There's no point, really, in arguing with them at all. It's not my purpose to change their minds, since they either have none or aren't here to discuss matters but to get attention. My purpose is to observe, pass judgment, and ridicule and scorn as they deserve.

August 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Jack

Tom Tom... first of all I have no problem with the Sikh's, they are welcome. It's the muslim religion i have a problem with. Secondly I'm familiar with the crusades. There's a lot of jusification from both sides but that has nothing to do with today. Also what you said about not being religious but thinks we should have religious freedom. That's my belief as long as they aren't using it to overthrow. islam is geared to overthrow and if you don't know that you haven't done your homework. You still call names when you lose. look back at our corrospondenes and see how you've re-acted. The only name I called you was a traitor and that was in line to what we were talking about. you are the one that needs to grow up.

August 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

Religions were created by corruption of truth absolute by hindu, crooks of Egypt and Persia and imposed by force on humanity to justify hindu, criminal King's and their hindu sanatans, filthy goons as truth absolute, to make humanity their gentile, slaves, by use of truth as their justification to be, what ever hinduism, terrorism they committed against humanity against "HIS WILL" THE TRUTH ABSOLUTE.
      Word religion does not exist in Hebrew, Aramaic or Arabic language, but Theen Allah, way of truth absolute.

August 9, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Jack, does your nose get longer when you lie?

By now, you're going to need to hang a red flag from it so nobody runs into your schnozz by accident.

August 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
  2. Aaron

While I applaud the intent here -to show love instead of hate- I question some of the ways this is being done. It's pretty clear that Christians and Muslims have VERYdifferent views on who the real god is, as well as the issues of Jesus and Mohammed. Each believes that the other is not of god, but of evil, or the devil. Because of this, the idea of having one group offer prayers to their god in the supposed house of the others' god seems very much an offense to the host, and possibly to both. Jesus loved everyone, but he didn't have worshippers of Zeus pray in the Synagogue. And I'm sure Christians would not be welcomed to pray in Mecca, which makes logical sense I just find this to be either uninformed or serving some ulterior motive.

August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Nabun

Aaron, I think you need to go to a mosque and ask. Your diatribe is incredibly ignorant. Its not your fault actually, our education system is such a mess.

August 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • Jack

Nabun...there's only one reason to go to a mosque.

August 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • Jack

nabun hates the truth about his oppressive religion

August 9, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • Nabun

Your right Jack Christianity is oppressive, from the way the pope treats nuns, to how fanatics bomb clinics, parades of those of a different color, burn down houses of worship. Yep, you are right Christianity is oppressive. Poor you, a victim of our lousy educational system.

August 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Aaron

Nahum, thanks for the projection. I have been in mosques in 4 countries, Christian churches in 4 as well. It is so completely clear that Islam and Christianity are mutually exclusive, that to fail to see that is the real ignorance. I am not opposed to either set of beliefs, nor am I labeling others as intolerant. However, if one believes that Jesus alone , being in very nature God, is the only way to salvation, and the other soundly rejects the deity of Jesus, as Allah is one, and to have Jesus be God/Allah makes that invalid, the idea of them praying to the opposing deity while in the house of prayer to the other deity goes against both systems of belief. Give me a logical, not defensive argument against that.

August 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • Jack

Nabun...do you realize that their is other christians besides catholics. there's a lot of different beliefs of christians and different denominations. I guess that makes you a bigot, right!

August 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • Nabun

Jack, please learn to read, obviously you missed my reference to mormons who practice poligamy. Really, how much of an idi0t do you have to be to focus on just READING. Go get your GED, you really need it.

August 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Doesn't matter, Aaron. The basic purpose of all religious beliefs is the same. The details are unimportant. There are many people who believe that all paths that lead to self-knowledge, enlightenment, and understanding are equally valid.

August 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
    • Jack

Nabun...Your religion is the only country in the world that takes over governments and is doing that as we speak in Africa and the middle east. no christians are doing that. Your religion is in the news daily for killing christians and anyone who gets in their way. you';re not welcome here.by most, only ignorant traitors people like Tom Tom and Sam stone.

August 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@TTTPS

Indeed so:

Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different road, so long as we reach the same goal. Wherein is the cause for quarreling? – Mahatma Ghandi

I guess it's a bit too much to ask Americans to respect the notion of non-violence as a doctrine.

August 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

One word, Jackie: Crusades.

Look it up.

You are embarrassing yourself.

As for "traitor"? My nephew is in the army. My father served in WWII. So did my uncle. My ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War for this country's freedom from tyranny.

The only traitor here is you. You are a traitor to your country because you choose to remain stupid and ignorant instead of making something worthwhile of yourself. You are becoming the very thing my ancestors and relatives fought against.

But since you're just a troll and here only for self-gratification, I doubt you believe or even understand most of your gibberish.

Have a cookie.

August 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • Huh?

"Your religion is the only country in the world that takes over governments and is doing that as we speak in Africa and the middle east. no christians are doing that."

That's why evangelical Christians try to get their kind elected through the Republican party, it's why Christians added the words "In God We Trust" on the currency.

August 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

The ding-a-ling Jackie blathers: Your religion is the only country in the world that takes over governments

--–

A religion is a country, now? Lay off the weed.

August 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • the Cohen

@aaron
      Jesus was completely at odds with the leadership in Jerusalam. yet he healed theri sick..it is nothing wrong with sitting dwon with your advasaries when he is hurt or sick...Christians in the US have a lot of fences to mend with the intolerant behaviour of those pharasees or wolves among us..
      Christians began as sheep with no ill intentions against any! 🙂
      It was the introduiction of Romanism into Christianity after Constantine (which also coinsided with th dark ages ) that turen the entire movement into that of wolves in sheeps clothing... with few lambs if any for generations...

August 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • Adult

If you kids can't get along while playing with your imaginary superheroes, someone rational is going to have to step in and put you both in time-out. You are going to put someone's eye out with those things!

August 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • the Cohen

@ Jack .. look yourself up in the parable of the sower in Matthew 13 , Mark 4 Luke 8 ... under stony ground. your kind is the one that produces strife and contentions... In God we Trust is a lie... a symbolic pretense ... and not accepted by God I strongly suspect.... because you see... the nations of Europe all of them were exceeding strongly Christian... yet they all disobeyed God continously in their wars with each other right up till WWII ....
      please try for the good ground that Jesus so much is pleased with...

remember all governments are temperal and are subject to change...be the good ground that Jesus is looking for in each of his... 🙂 in love and strong rebuke. 🙂 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • Jack

Tom Tom...Your relatives that served are probably ashamed of you

August 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Why would they be? I doubt yours are very proud of you-you're likely causing them tremendous embarrassment.

Have you read "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand? I imagine you'll need help with the big words, but try to manage. Move your lips if it helps.

August 9, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

I took tom's advice:

The Crusades were originally launched in response to a call from the leaders of the Byzantine Empire for help to fight the expansion into Anatolia of Muslim Seljuk Turks who had cut off Christian access to Jerusalem, and were also sparked by the destruction of many Christian sacred sites and the persecution of Christians under the Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim.[3]

August 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

And lastly. This took about five minutes to gather tom. Why don't you do your own homework?

Viewed in the light of their original purpose, the Crusades were failures. They made no permanent conquests of the Holy Land. They did not retard the advance of Islam. Far from aiding the Eastern Empire, they hastened its disintegration. They also revealed the continuing inability of Latin Christians to understand Greek Christians, and they hardened the schism between them. They fostered a harsh intolerance between Muslims and Christians, where before there had been a measure of mutual respect. They were marked, and marred, by a recrudescence of anti-Semitism....

August 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

more on the crusades:

The rise of the Seljukian Turks, however, compromised the safety of pilgrims and even threatened the independence of the Byzantine Empire and of all Christendom. In 1070 Jerusalem was taken, and in 1071 Diogenes, the Greek emperor, was defeated and made captive at Mantzikert. Asia Minor and all of Syria became the prey of the Turks. Antioch succombed in 1084, and by 1092 not one of the great metropolitan sees of Asia remained in the possession of the Christians.

August 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

So what seems to be the problem with the Crusades? That war is ugly? That we won? Or did we lose? What if they had never been fought?

August 9, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Billy Idiot, my point stands. Regardless of the outcome or the reasons for them, the Crusades were fought BY CHRISTIANS to take over other nations. The moron I responded to claimed that no other group but Muslims ever did that.

Do you have anything pertinent to add? Can you refute what I said?

Then why are you here?

August 9, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Here tom, to help with your reading comprehension I'll only use one sentence this time.

One reason I'm here is because I believe, as someone stated, that one day your hatred is going to blow a gasket in your brain. I want to be here when that happens

August 10, 2012 at 11:12 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Billy, you're a hoot. You're here to watch a gasket blow in my brain? And you call yourself a Christian?

And then you wonder why people turn away from belief in a supernatural being.

Listen up, dear. Did the Crusaders take over other nations? Yes, they did. You can contend they invaded in response to a request of others, but the point stands. They invaded other nations.

August 10, 2012 at 11:16 am |
  3. tgm

Naive students "organize an event promoting acts of love." How sad. Unfortunately the target of their "love" is a creed that exists to see the subjugation and exterimantion of all non-believers. The only a"act of love" necessary to appease the "peace religion" in qestion would be for those naive wooly-monded students to collectively "martyr" / 'jihad' themselves to islam

August 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Jack

Glad someone on here gets it

August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Gets what? Bigotry and hate?

Why are you 'glad', Jack? Are you pleased to be getting attention? Didn't mommy breast-feed you?

August 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Jack

Tom tom...gets what's really is going on with islam

August 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Are you really that stupid, Jackie?

You're the one who's displaying hate and bigotry. What makes you right and those you hate wrong?

August 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • the Cohen

thee naive students do what Jesus said to do... for some reason they have a lot more faith in him than they do in a religion like Golaith of Gath .... Islam is easy to be taken... why can't you see that???? 🙂 🙂

If you do what Jesu says he will change the Muslims HImself!
      the reason you can't see that is because you don't know him...
      Introduce yourself to Jesus.. begin in Matthew chapter 5 that's Matthew FIVE ... 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
  4. Nabun

Promoting religious unity across faiths in the south, Romney ok with gay boy scouts. Hmmm, conservatives seem to be changing.

August 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
  5. Nabun

American traitors, are those who want to limit religious freedom, wish death on those who are different from them, only to satisfy their own delusions.

August 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • Jack

Theres a line between religious freedom and freedom to organize for takeover. When I say take over I mean the eventual course islam takes to oppress non believers and control the government. You only have 1% now but 10 to 20 years and maybe even thirty as shown in other countries your religion will try to take over. You are basically the enemy. No freedom for you

August 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Nabun, you'll have to excuse Jack. He's a high school drop-out.

August 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
    • sam stone

"The sky is falling! The sky is fallling!"

Bigot

August 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Agreed, sam. Jack reminds me of the guy in my hometown that started stocking up on ammo and guns because he was convinced that the coming race war would result in blacks leaving the cities and taking over his home.

That was about 40 years ago.

August 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • Jack

Tom and Sam stone...You are the same two traitors that knock Christianity but support a religion that denies womans rights and oppresses non-believers. You two are losers and hate America. You can't see for looking

August 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Jack, you are a brainless moron who doesn't have the sense god gave a turnip.

August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Jack

Tom...isn't it time for you to go to the mosque and say one of your five prayers today? maybe we'll all be muslim one day and you will lose all your rights as a woman.

August 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Nabun

Hey Jack, you mean the way the pope is deniyng the rights of Nuns in the Catholic organization? Or the way fanatic Christians bomb clinics? Or the way they force 14 year olds in plural marriages to marry older men? I am sorry but obviously you have a serious issue in reading comprehension and analysis. Its not your fault though, our public education system is in such a sad state, that all we are doing is producing morons.

August 9, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Well, fvcktard, since I am not a believer–in any sort of religion–I don't say one prayer a day, much less five.

When do you need to report for your shift at Mickey Ds?

August 9, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • sam stone

Jack, you inbred fvck.....i am not knocking Christianity, I am knocking bigotry.

August 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
    • sam stone

Also, cvnt, I love America. I just am put off by bigoted mother mounters like you. So, truly, go wander in front of a bus.

August 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • Jack

Sam and Tom Tom...peole start calling names when they are losing an argument. i guess I've won.

August 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You guess wrongly, little boy.

August 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • the Cohen

@ Jack you are so pitiful... You believe in islam..... you are fearful hysterical sissy .. in your rants ...Why?

NO FAITH IN CHRIST!!!

Do you conservatives ever worship HIm???

August 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
    • Jack

@ The Cohen...Speak English!

August 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
  6. beezy

first off, the guy who shot up the movie theatre in colorado was not a christian, he was a lunatic. the temple shooter was a white supremasist, again not a christian. but for the sake of argument lets say they were. lets even throw timothy mcvea in there too. now compair what they have done to the wtc 2 times, the bombing in the 90's and then 9/11. the pentagon, and pennsylvania. the tower bombings in africa, the hundreds of bombings a day across the world all in the name of islam. christianity is not perfect but islam is pure evil thru and thru.

August 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • Jack

These American traitors will fight you on that but you're right. They know these guys have nothing to do with religion. It just givers them an opportunity to insult Christians.

August 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
    • Nabun

Incredible how your own delusions are necessary to hate people. Are you saying that Christian right wing hate groups are also lunatics? Or good ol' christians. There is no excuse for hating all people of a particular group by the deeds of a few "lunatics", as you term it.

August 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

There is no difference among those acts. They were all committed by lunatics, not people part of the mainstream.

August 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • therealpeace2all

@beezy

Great... yet another example of over-generalized bigotry.

Peace...

August 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • sam stone

And, of course Jack(off) here is a fine example of Christianity....takes great joy in the mosque being burned to the ground. Jack....eat the end of your sidearm

August 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

"christianity is not perfect but islam is pure evil thru and thru"

religion is all far from perfect. so what you say here is a great example of extreme retardedness on the subject of religion

August 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  7. Naija

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” -Gandhi

August 9, 2012 at 11:24 am |
    • Jack

How many times is that going to get posted? That really means nothing.

August 9, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • bobcat

Typical comment from a Muslim. We get it, you love camels, dirt, and rocks. That's why you still live in caves.

August 9, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Jack

I don't like your mohammad and i don't like Islam. Me!

August 9, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It ought to be posted until some of the extremist Christians comprehend what it means.

August 9, 2012 at 11:32 am |
    • Jim

Yo like Mohamad was some kind of Saint, no wonder his own people killed him. They are still killing eachother to this day and always will kill eachother-Islam is for idiots. Pave over the ashes and put up a parking lot Walmart is moving in to Ala's spot.

August 9, 2012 at 11:36 am |
    • Jack

Tom the pipers son who's really a woman...Who are you, the christian police. Do you oversee the Christians to make sur ethey're acting to your specifications

August 9, 2012 at 11:37 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Yup. Any other stupid questions, or are you done now?

August 9, 2012 at 11:39 am |
    • Udoosh

Just listen to these Christian responses...

August 9, 2012 at 11:57 am |
    • MMinDC

bobcat - Ghandi was a Hindu... not a Muslim. Muslims and Hindus typically do not like each other. India v Pakistan. I know it probably does not matter to you because you sound like an equal opportunity hater.

August 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
    • Mohammed_Islam

Mohammad was not killed... he died in his 63 years of old...

If the entire mankind dislikes Muhammad or the religion Islam or the Creator of heavens and the earth and everything between them, does not lower the position of The Almighty and if the entire mankind likes, does not elevate HIS position... He The Creator is He who He is.... so much patient otherwise humnan will not survive...

Peace to you all!!!

August 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm |
    • Jack

Udoosh...I don't see any response where they identify themselves a christian.

August 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

“A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than the sav'ages or natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw K.....” (Reference: The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, Government of India)

The Durban Post Office: One of Gandhi’s major “achievements” in South Africa was to promote racial segregation by refusing to share a post office door with the black natives.

....and my favorite Ghandi quote

"In response to the rise of white nationalist politics, which stressed racial separation, Gandhi wrote in his Indian Opinion of September 24, 1903: "We believe as much in the purity of race as we think they do, only we believe that they would best serve these interests, which are as dear to us as to them, by advocating the purity of all races, and not one alone. We believe also that the white race of South Africa should be the predominating race.""

Naija ....Is this the same Ghandi you speak of? Seems like his dislikes were also racial as well. Well, in the last quote he considered his own race to be an inferior race.

Thanks for throwing Ghandi in.... 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
    • Mohammed_Islam

Actually the message of Islam brought arabs to a great civilized generation... if you study the pre-islamic time in arab peninsula....

The quran was not a word of any human and it was written in a prison.... if you study then you will find that these verses were revealed based on the incidents took place at that time and Quran gives us the picture of the past, present and future... and there is no contradictory message in it.... pure monotheistic.... not like you believe in One and you submit to His creations....

Peace

August 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

I am not a Mulsim. I grew up as a Christian. More importantly, I have studied the religion for many years. Ghandi's quote is more appropriate today than ever before. The seeds of politics, evil, contradiction and misconception were planted in Christianity very early in its existence. The way I express what Ghandi said is: The teachings attributed to this person Jesus of the NT had some nice ideals (regarding how people should treat one another), but it didn't take long at all for those ideals to be corrupted by the political forces in the earliest moments of the Christian church. I think humans are mostly decent by nature, so I don't mean to say that the early builders of Christianity were evil – I mean to say they were human and politics most clearly played a role in their writings and their "witness" and their interpretation of Jesus' words.

August 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • Jack

mahammad. You book is all wrong...you're worshipping a evil book that disguises itself as good. You're brainwashed.

August 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

gosh – i must should no better to just copy and paste: Gandhi, not Ghandi

August 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I'd say you're the one that's brain-washed, Jackie, but that would imply you possessed a brain.

August 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • Craig Doug

The Prophet Mohammed married a wife and a goat. One was meant solely for work and the other was the goat.

August 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • Nabun

It actually means a lot if you read into it. You obviously do not understand the difference between the words from Jesus in the bible, what he promoted, in relation to how some Christians act (bombing clinics, hatred of those who are different).
      I also must apologize to you on behalf of all the tax payers in the USA. Our schooling system is so awful, all we do is produce morons who cannot understand semantics or euphemisms. Look those up, you can google them.

August 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • sam stone

Jack...you are a bigot and a coward.

August 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Nabun, by now you can probably see that Jack can't read, much less read into, anything above a 3rd grade level.

August 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
    • Mohammed_Islam

My sincere prayers for Jack and people like him in all over the earth...

I ask The Almighty to help us and guide us all to a path that would please Him only Him... and we have been given the chances to do so till we have our life time... once someone’s life ends it actually the starting of his day of judgment, does not matter if it takes thousands of years it to come… and there is no way to come back and do some good and go back...

Actually the Quran gives a picture after the day of judgment takes place... people will be in hell file would be wishing to be 'dust'... 'O I wish I would have been dust' – Al Quran 78:40, why 'dust'? its because the everything in this earth except human will become dust and dust will not have any accountability.... so human will wish to be dust so that they will not have to go through the accountabilities....

August 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Mark from Middle River,

you quote Mahatma Ghandi as a young man in South Africa, not the man who brought the world's largest empire to it's knees through non-violence when an old man. It is the equivalent of cherry-picking chapter and verse from the self-contradictory bible and is intellectually dishonest – as I am confident you realize.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. – Mahatma Ghandi

Put those in the context of our current electoral cycle and see what you come up with.

Here's one for Fox News fans, birthers and "Obama is a Muslim" morons:

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained. – Mahatma Ghandi

August 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • the Cohen

@ Jack is should be posted every day every where until Christians begin to act like Jesus ... 🙂
      see you haven't gotten it YET!!! 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

>>>"you quote Mahatma Ghandi as a young man in South Africa, not the man who brought the world's largest empire to it's knees through non-violence when an old man. "

In the research some can not positivily connect Ghandi to the actual quote that the OP posted. Also the quotes that I presented were made while Ghandi worked as a lawyer in South Africa, so his words would have been of record enough for legal matters. So we are not talking about a young child. Lastly, since you speak of cherry picking... why then not give the last half of the quote.

".....The materialism of affluent Christian countries appears to contradict the claims of Jesus Christ that says it's not possible to worship both Mammon and God at the same time. "

If I resided in a poorer country and I saw richer countries that had more than me then I would make such a claim as this. Listen to BBC Radio and report after report from poorer countries are comments that we in the Western countries value our material items and pursuits so much that we should re-focus our money to them.

So, with the full quote I do not think that his statement was anything more than class warfare.

August 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • Mohammed_Islam

Najia, Muslims are the one who loves Jesus most... this is part of the main pillars of Islam.... if someone does not believes in Jesus, he is not a Muslim...
      Now what is the believe about Jesus in Islam? – that Jesus is created by The Creator and The Creator created the first human Adam and his mate Eve, the only difference is that Adam was created from no parents and Jesus is created from only mother and which is why the name Jesus is mentioned in the Quran more than 80 times, there is chapter with his mother Mary's name (chapter Maryam # 19), there is another chapter with his grand father's name (Chapter Ale Imran # 4)... and Jesus was sent to the people of Israel as a messanger and he showed miracles to them so that people of Israel believes in him as Moses showed miracles to people of Israel and pharaoh.... if you do not know who are the people of Israel – they are currently called Jews....

I hope it will little helpful to understand about what Islam is… and what Muslim believes about Jesus…

Peace!!!

August 9, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
  8. Wrenn_NYC

We need to think about the words we use to express ourselves.

Specifically.... As the girl quoted above ... 'radical love'.

2000 years of predominantly christian western culture... and the idea of loving thy neighbor (as thyself) is 'radical love'?

August 9, 2012 at 10:51 am |
    • the Cohen

lets' think about promoting that in the USA in a real radical way and change the whole world with it..

we will lose some soldiers to violence... Just liek DR. King and Ghandi , the martyrs of Jesus mentioned in the book of Revelation 6:9-11 ( which was three centuries ) yet at the end of the martrys came Constantine who Changed Christiansity to God's own displeasure thus bring in the dark ages... no more layin gdown ones life for his prethern but for the sate f Rome...and Constantinople .. LOL 🙂

back to them martyres though... they overcame the oppression of the Roman Empire...HOw they do that with no weapons :
      🙂 🙂 ..."this is the victory that over comes the world even our faith " ....the bible says... 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  9. aujolie

in my opinion, no matter your faith, helping others in need is never wrong... over analysis leads to words of ignorance

August 9, 2012 at 10:36 am |

i agree

August 9, 2012 at 10:48 am |
    • sam stone

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
      Abraham Lincoln

August 9, 2012 at 10:50 am |
    • the Cohen

100% right 🙂
      those in need

August 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
  10. Rainer Braendlein

More dangerous than all fanatics are our current politicans which lump together all beliefs. They pursue a certain strategy.

By that they take all believers for idiots, as if they would say: "look at that childish fool, he actually needs a faith, how weak is he, he cannot cope with life without his childish delusion, etc."

In daily life you are required to be wheeler-dealer neglecting the needs of your neighbour only pursueing the aim of increasing to profit of the company. That is anti-Christian or serving the demon Mammon which is the idol of materialism.

Christianity is the only true faith which leads us to love and righteousness against everybody. Christians will not neglect anybody for the sake of the profit of their company. Christians don't serve Mammon, but the God of Love.

Hence, dear members of cults and sect and false churches, don't you notice how the capitalistic Western establishments fools you. Yes, they tolerate or even accept your (false) belief, but not because they respect you as a human being. They only need you as a human robot which keeps silent concerning any religious question.

We as Christians would not tell you that it would not matter if you become a Christian or not, but tell you the truth. On the other hand we would not exploit your manpower abusing you as a human robot.

Choose, what is better: Christ or the Anti-Christ.

August 9, 2012 at 9:14 am |
    • sam stone

"Christianity is the only true faith which leads us to love and righteousness against everybody"

No it isn't.

"Christians will not neglect anybody for the sake of the profit of their company. Christians don't serve Mammon, but the God of Love."

Have you been following the Chick-Fil-A controversy here in the United States?

August 9, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

What about that controversy?

August 9, 2012 at 9:28 am |
    • sam stone

Who are you to claim to know what is a false belief? Can you be any more arrogant?

August 9, 2012 at 9:46 am |
    • sam stone

"Christians will not neglect anybody for the sake of the profit of their company."

Yet they want a whole group of people to have lesser civil rights, and this led to them having a huge increase in the sales in their franchises

August 9, 2012 at 9:48 am |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

Rainer said "Choose, what is better: Christ or the Anti-Christ."

Well as it turns out, Rainer, there is a rainbow of choices available, some of which are void of both Christ and Anti-Christ. And some that are void of all gods and monsters.

August 9, 2012 at 9:49 am |
    • sam stone

Basically, Rainy, it was an appeal to bigotry

August 9, 2012 at 10:03 am |
    • NVTS

'The significance of our lives and our fragile planet is then determined only by our own wisdom and courage. We are the custodians of life's meaning. We long for a parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from our childish mistakes. But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable.'
      Carl Sagan

August 9, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • Jack

SamStone. that's sure lumping all chiristians together. That could be called bigotry

August 9, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  11. Rainer Braendlein

I condemn all religious fanaticism and bigotry. Let us love the Sikhs and people of all other beliefs, even if we cannot accept their beliefs as truth or legitimate religion. Religious freedom must include the possibilty to have another opionion regarding the faith, and what is wrong about that as long as someone doesn't apply violence, in order to destroy a distinct faith?

However, when we lump together all religions we even promote fanaticism and bigotry.

I myself am neither bigoted nor fanatic, and would never harm someone who has got a distinct belief.

Yet even me, I could upset when the media and the governments try to establish a moderate, modified, Western Islam (they may even modify other beliefs) which has nothing to do with the genuine Islam, that is simply a work of lie.

Strict Muslims or strict believers of any sect or cult will feel to be taken for id-iots, if they realize that the Western establishments tries to establish modifications of their original beliefs. That will increase their anger and hatred, and exactly the opposite will happen of what the Western establishment intented (breeding handy human robots for their factories with standard faith).

I have a better solution:

Let us admit at last that Christianity is the the faith which is most historical trustworthy, has the best content, delivers real health for the human being, is not bigotted or fanatic.

Of course, even the Protestant Churches, which are to favour regarding the good Christian doctrine which they have, are not perfect at all, but some wolves in sheep's clothing are also there, and pursue their own selfish purposes. Even some Protestant Churches or their leaders may be greedy for honor, power and riches, and aspire for temporal rule and impact.

Therefore it is good when a state promotes religious freedom, and rewards only real, practical virtue and righteousness, independent from the creed. When the state keeps neutral it prevents the emergence of a church which seeks for temporal rule.

It is only that the state should not say that it would not matter what exactly someone beliefs, or that all beliefs will finally lead to eternal life. It is a crime to lump together all beliefs. It is a matter of fact that Christianity is the most favorable faith according to its historicity, good content regarding the doctrine, being non-fanatic, but constructive. Frederic the Great, King of Pruzzia, proclaimed that no other faith is more useful for the society than the Protestant faith, only let us beware, he said, of wolves in sheep's clothing (selfish preachers or clergy) which even affect the Protestant Churches, and cause misfortune.

August 9, 2012 at 8:20 am |
    • sam stone

"I condemn all religious fanaticism and bigotry. Let us love the Sikhs and people of all other beliefs, even if we cannot accept their beliefs as truth or legitimate religion."

Can't you just taste the irony?

August 9, 2012 at 8:30 am |
    • sam stone

At least you're not being a fanatic, Rainy. (heavy sarcasm)

August 9, 2012 at 8:32 am |
    • sam stone

"It is only that the state should not say that it would not matter what exactly someone beliefs, or that all beliefs will finally lead to eternal life"

The state should not say anything about any religion

August 9, 2012 at 8:35 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Let us admit Christianity and its adherents are retarded.

August 9, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • sam stone

R.L: Some are, but I would lump all Christians together. Rainy is a fanatic, no matter how many times he denies it. His long, rambling posts reveal him. There are good Christians out there. There are good Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, HIndu, Atheists, etc out there. The net does seem to bring out the big mouths, though. Rainy is one example

August 9, 2012 at 8:46 am |
    • sam stone

would not lump all Christians together, that is

August 9, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Agree with that, meant Rainy and his ilk.

August 9, 2012 at 8:58 am |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

Rainer wrote: "Let us admit at last that Christianity is the the faith which is most historical trustworthy"

DELUSION ALERT! lol

I do, though, agree with sam that there are good and bad amongst all. But since I am certain the seeds for doing harm in the name of Christianity, along with the seeds for conflicting the minds of its followers, were planted at the very birth of Christianity, so obviously I will stand a strong stand when I see the kind of rhetoric that rainer spews.

August 9, 2012 at 9:11 am |
    • sam stone

save the world: as will i.

August 9, 2012 at 9:17 am |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

oh gosh, I shouldn't post BC (before coffee). my last phrase was very poor.

i should have said, "I will stand a strong stand when . . ." instead of:
      "so obviously I will stand a strong stand when . . ."

August 9, 2012 at 9:40 am |
    • save the world and slap some sense into a christard today!

sorry – third time is the charm i guess:

"take a strong stand"

oh gosh, I shouldn't post BC (before coffee). my last phrase was very poor.

i should have said, "I will stand a strong stand when . . ." instead of:
      "so obviously I will stand a strong stand when . . ."

August 9, 2012 at 9:43 am |
    • Jack

You need to go back and do some more thinking but when you're done, keep it to yourself

August 9, 2012 at 11:33 am |
    • the Cohen

Now see here young feller you said noting about the Roman Catholic Church and its' control of the Holy Roman empire 🙁

Christian had to learn of teh evils of religion in Government..... This the United States fo America is the first natinos and the greatest for it by it's first amendment...
      Congress shall pas no law with respect to the establishment of a religion ; neither prohibit the free exercise thereof... 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
  12. Kebos

Religion is like world leaders. It is not the people of any nation or religion that are bad, it is their religion or their leaders which are.

August 9, 2012 at 7:09 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Bad comparison.

August 9, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  13. Bootyfunk

christians should pay for it - it was probably christian haters who burnt it in the first place.

the most prejudice parts of the country are also the most christian - coincidence? don't think so.

August 9, 2012 at 1:46 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

You can't blame an entire religion for the actions of a small minority.

August 9, 2012 at 1:52 am |
    • MarkinFL

Which is what so many Americans do with the Muslims.

August 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
    • the Cohen

They are carnally minded stony ground Christains they are what jesus said offended..they have no root in Christ..

his advice for the offended kind is the firt thing he talkd about in the New Testament Matthew 5:10-12

August 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
  14. Jack

Hello folks. Everyone is cordially invited to visit – thestarofkaduri.com

August 9, 2012 at 12:40 am |
    • Bootyfunk

spam crap. go away troll.

August 9, 2012 at 1:46 am |
  15. Reality

If this were a Shiite mosque and there is proof that it was arson, then there is a high probability that the arsonist was a Sunni Muslim. And vice-versa if it were a Sunni mosque.

But to date, arson has not been listed as a cause.

More on the Sunni-Shiite global feud (e.g. Syria and also Iraq) is available at your request.
    ---------------------------------------------

August 9, 2012 at 12:06 am |
    • SPA Knight

Reality – Sikh's are not Muslim and should not be confused with the Shiite/Sunni conflicts you referenced.

August 9, 2012 at 10:19 am |
    • the Cohen

There are no known differences between the Muslims in the United States..that wouuld come to this sharp divide...
      Muslims in the United States have become keenly aware that the danger is from outside their camp...
      they are sort of like in the frontier with their wagons circled... 🙂 🙂

August 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
  16. collectivedementia

These forms of hate will not be easy to overcome. Trying to show understanding and compassion will help in the short term, and those who do so should be praised and thanked for their efforts. We should all strive to show the loving heart our creator has given us, if only to be undermined by the inherent evil that is so prevalent in society in general. Today we talk about this place of worship in Missouri, tomorrow it may be the one in Tennessee. Soon the Christian churches could be under the same kind of microscope, victimized because someone does not like nor agree with the ideas and tenets of the faith. They already are in other parts of the world. I thought America was created to be different, to be an island in the storm, a safe haven for ALL of Gods creatures.

August 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

Religions are hinduism, corruption of truth by hindu sanatans, filthy goons of Egypt and Persia, labeled as Jew's, self centered, word religion does not exist in Hebrew, Aramaic or Arabic languages, but Theen Allah, way of truth absolute. Live by hinduism, religions and expect peace, Islam, is nothing but a hindu pipe dream for humanity.

August 8, 2012 at 11:13 pm |
  17. hinduism, denial of truth

Does any one know the meanings of word HUMAN, it is HU, "HIS" MANN, DESIRE, "HIS DESIRE" us the human, in violation of of "HIS" commandments, THE TRUTH ABSOLUTE, OUR CREATOR,

August 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm |
    • TheVocalAtheist

From the dictionary:
      "Zoology of or belonging to the genus Ho mo."

"ORIGIN late Middle English humaine, from Old French humain(e), from Latin humanus, from ho mo ‘man, human being.’ The present spelling became usual in the 18th cent"

August 8, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Wow. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

August 8, 2012 at 10:43 pm |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

Yahoo, YA, Attentive by heart and mind, base word for English word yes, and Ya in Arabic, Hoo, "HE' translated from Latin to English Bible. meaning "HE' attentive to from my heart and mind, Allah, AL, THE, LA, LIMIT, H, MOST HIGH OR ABSOLUTE, a word of Latin language. No need to be gentile slave of hindu's, liars of 18th century, use your own education, knowledge to understand game of hindu's crooks to be man of your own, than to be a hindu gentile, filthy slave of hindu santans, filthy goons.

August 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • Wrenn_NYC

Human, Yahoo.... It's called coincidence, hinduism.

Based in very different languages, with no correlation. You're seeing patterns where none exist.

Just like the fundies who want to say that 'bible' = basic instructions before leaving earth..... when biblos, the greek word for 'book', and comes from both the common name for papyrus (biblon) and the port city (Biblos) through which ther papyrus trade.
      (They are also showing a distinct lack of knowledge of history, word and language origin, and any knowledge of language drift).

August 9, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

Every language stems from one language, LATIN, the truth, and Sanskrit is hinduism, corruption of language of truth Latin, by addition of ten letters and displacement of blocks of words, for education, knowledge, read book by Professor of language in New York.

August 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
  18. Sam Yaza

well their girls that act of love ,.. just caused you to sin more then you know,.. and trust me i know about how love causes you to sin, i fell because i loved the Grigori and the Grigori loved you all so i loved you all next thing i know god kicks me out, kills all of my followers loved ones, and I'm like what the f4ck,... my point is you sinned and know your going to hell, i hope you haven't accepted in Jesus yet because you know sinning while knowing its a sin after you have accepted Jesus is like strait ticket to hell,.. ehh what do you care you live in a nation of heretics

August 8, 2012 at 9:05 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Dont you just hate it when you land on the wrong planet!

August 8, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
    • Kebos

@Sam: Time to increase your meds.

August 9, 2012 at 7:11 am |
  19. Kathleen M Isabell

We are all human. Our beliefs and traditions differ, and that is what makes us human, a beautiful and diverse rainbow of human experience. Why some people are blind to this beauty continues to puzzle me, confuse me. I find it reason to celebrate, to learn and understand, to be open to new knowledge and new truths. What is so difficult about that? One of the most poignant experiences I had was when I was paying a friend's cell phone bill in a Cricket store. A young man was there to serve me, and he was listening to a recording of a man singing. I remarked that the singing was beautiful though I did not understand the language. He seemed awkward as he explained that it was not singing but someone reading a Quranic scripture - so it was a form of chant, a musical speaking of the word of God to the young man who was listening to learn. I told him I was grateful that he had explained, so that I could better understand what I was hearing. I hoped I had not offended him though I sensed that he was apprehensive since I was not of his faith. I truly was happy to learn something, and the musical reading of his faith's scripture was in fact very beautiful. We all are ignorant and we all can learn if we but open our minds.

August 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
    • Djandel

I agree! As if Muslim also behave the same..

August 8, 2012 at 9:34 pm |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

There are no two truth but one truth absolute, un dividable proven by quantum Physics, rest of it is hinduism, ignorance of hindu santans, ignorant goons pretending to be god's.

August 8, 2012 at 11:04 pm |
    • Jim

Dont need a rainbow just some good ol gasoline & matches. God put the smack down on a few tribes in the Bible so all you bible thumpers bubbling with love & affection and all you none believers thinking Christians are a bunch of ninnies think again. Time is coming when this kind of sickness will engulf this country this is just a begining. Sodom & Gamora so get over it.

August 9, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  20. VanHagar

"atheists have more time to be productive and contribute to society." Except, of course, when they're on this page. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

August 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • VanHagar

Sorry, that was meant for "atheism is good for kids and all kinds of critters" post on previous page.

August 8, 2012 at 8:05 pm |
    • hinduism, denial of truth

How an Atheist, self centered be more contributor to humanity, while he denies truth absolute in his hinduism, ignorance to be hindu filthy god himself?

August 8, 2012 at 10:31 pm |