home
RSS
8 ways faith will matter at the Republican National Convention
Paul Ryan, left, is Catholic, while Mitt Romney is Mormon.
August 25th, 2012

8 ways faith will matter at the Republican National Convention

By Dan Gilgoff and Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editors

(CNN)–For the next four days, the eyes of the political world will be on Tampa, Florida, the site of the Republican National Convention (which will now get started Tuesday, after Tropical Storm Isaac cancelled Monday's events).

Though politics will be the name of the game, it's a safe bet that religion will also play a major role. The convention opens with a prayer from a Hispanic evangelical leader and closes with a benediction from a Catholic cleric who's sometimes called "America's pope."

In between, balloons will drop on the first Mormon to be nominated by a major political party to be president of the United States. Here are eight ways faith will matter this week. What did we leave out? Let us know in comments and we'll expand our list as warranted.

1. The ghost of Todd Akin
Most people couldn't pick him out of lineup and he won't be attending the convention this week. But the Missouri Senate candidate who claimed that women could prevent conception in cases of "legitimate rape" opened a rift in the Republican Party, with GOP chieftains pressuring him to drop out while some powerful conservative Christian activists rally to his defense. Those activists are using the Akin episode to allege that the Republican Party wants quash their socially conservative agenda even as it happily accepts their votes. If the infighting continues into this week, there could be a battle for GOP's soul at a moment when the GOP wants to project unity.

2. The M word
Even now that he's talking more about his religious faith, Mitt Romney almost never refers specifically to Mormonism or to his membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And yet Romney has held a series leadership positions in his church. Will the Republican Party continue to studiously avoid one of its presidential candidate's defining characteristics? Or will some convention speaker make a case for why Romney's Mormonism is an asset? Will Romney himself mention his religion as he accepts his party's nomination?

3. Ladies night (or week)?
For months, the GOP has been on the defensive, as Democrats say Republicans are waging a "war on women," a theme the Dems began sounding when the American bishops blasted the White House for its contraception mandate for insurance companies earlier this year. This week, Republicans face a delicate balancing act in trying to assuage the concerns of moderate women voters while also satisfying its religiously conservative base. (See ghost of Todd Akin, above). A big part of that mission falls to Ann Romney, the Republican nominee's wife, and to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, both of whom have choice speaking slots.

4. The possibility of a culture war speech
"There is a religious war going on in this country," former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan told the 1992 Republican convention in a primetime address. "It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we shall be as the Cold War itself. For this war is for the soul of America." There are still debates over whether the speech, which provoked a media frenzy, helped or hurt President George H.W. Bush, who would go on to lose to Bill Clinton. But the Republican Party is keen on avoiding such moments as it tries to win over independents this fall. There's some nervousness about what Rick Santorum will say in his convention address.

5. Religious liberty
Many conservatives are livid over the Obama administration's requirement that health insurers offer free contraceptive coverage, even for employees of Catholic institutions. Plus, talking up religious liberty is likely less of a turnoff for moderate voters than is talk about bans on abortion and gay marriage, traditionally the top concerns of religious conservatives. Catholics and evangelicals, two key voting blocs, have been buzzing about religious liberty for months, with mega-pastor Rick Warren recently canceling plans for a presidential forum with Obama and Romney and announcing plans for one on religious liberty instead.

6. Israel
When it comes to foreign policy, look for convention speakers to try outdo one another in pledging support for the Jewish State - and in railing against Obama for what they'll allege are his administration's shabby treatment of a key American ally. Israel is especially important to the GOP's evangelical base, some of whom see a biblical bond with the Jewish people and some who believe Israel must be in Jewish control before the Second Coming can happen. Mitt Romney included Israel as one of his marquee stops on his recent foreign trip, including a photo-op at Jerusalem's Western Wall.

7. Hurricane theology
Will some televangelist claim that Tropical Storm Isaac, which is headed toward the Gulf Coast, is God's way of punishing the GOP for insufficient piety? It wouldn't be the first time a prominent preacher blamed severe weather on American insubordinance.

8. "America's pope"
The convention's closing prayer will be delivered by Catholic Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who leads the American Catholic bishops and is sometimes referred to as America's pope. It's a good indication of just how important the Catholic vote is thought to be this year, with Catholics accounting for 1 in 4 Americans and considered to be the quintessential swing bloc. Whoever wins these voters will likely win the White House.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: 2012 Election • Mormonism • Politics

Next entry »
soundoff (1,567 Responses)
  1. ChristardMingle.com

Christians ignore Jesus

Christians are Liars

Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:

Matthew 6:19
    Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 14:33
    Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 6:24
    No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.

Matthew 19:21-24
    Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:28-29
    Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 9:23-25
    Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

Matt 13: 22
    The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

Hebrews 13:5
    Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Phil 2:3
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Acts 2:44-45
    All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.

The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. Chances are you own a computer, pay for an Internet connection every month, live in a home or apartment, have a car, etc. In other words, you live a life at a level of wealth unimaginable in Jesus' time. Meanwhile, billions of people on the planet live in startling, abject poverty.

Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.

August 26, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@mingle

There you are are spewing your nonsense again, taking the Lord's words out of context. God wants our happiness but demands our allegiance to him. I would buy more bags for my feces but my hoarding has blocked the door. When will you learn that the only path to heaven is through Him? I don't need logic to make my points.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  2. ChristardMingle.com

From the Book of Mormon:

"I am Wind In His Hair! I am Wind In His Hair! Do you see that I am not afraid of you!? Do you see!?"

Wind in His Hair, being a worshipper of false idols, confronts Satan after being slain by the Pawnee.

Thinking quickly, the chief of the tribe decides to, "smoke a while".

It was at this point that Joseph Smith arrived with a "White Man's" hat and some magic golden plates! He was immediately wounded by an arrow of course and the Medicine Man was summoned to the teepee.

Many moons passed while Joseph Smith recovered from his injuries, during which time he spaketh the Mormon Gospel to Chief Ten Bears and a great friendship was forged between them. At length, it was time for Joseph Smith to head westward. As he waved goodbye to his new Lakota Indian friends, a voice could be heard on the wind….

"Joseph Smith! ... Joseph Smith! ... I am Wind In His Hair! ... Do you see that I am your friend!? ... Can you see that you will always be my friend!? Can you turn down the heat? It is like furnace down here!”

August 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • edweird69

Your posts suc.. u are a dullard.

August 26, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@edweird69

Don't get mad!

August 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
    • Abinadi

I agree, your post is what ed said.

August 26, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

I crack myself up. I can't help it if you don't like movie parodies!

August 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • Life of Brian

Crowd; He is, He is the Messiah.
      Brian: Now, fvck off.
      Arthur: How shall we fvck off, O Lord?

August 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
  3. edweird69

Jesus says, “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. “The real beauty of this verse is that Jesus demands people truly love him more then they love their own family. I ask you how can we love someone that we can not see or interact with? Love is an emotion pertaining to physical existence not to faithful ideologies, yet God threatens you with Death just because your love for your mother maybe stronger than your love for him. Matthew 10:34
    Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

August 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@edweird69

You twist the word of God to suit your needs and spew your filth about our Father the Lord God and his Son who died for our sins on the cross (Jesus). I thought I had ear wax but it turned out to be a roach. Jesus said he would give you reprobate minds. I hope you like worms.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  4. HeavenSent

@edweird69

You spread your babble to feed the hunger of your father satan (the devil) but Jesus does not hear you. I am a hoarder who wallows in my own feces, stepping carefully over my dead cat skeletons. the Lord said none can come to God except through him. You should start your walk with Jesus and read his truth the Bible which is true.

August 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • edweird69

Jesus doesn't hear me? But he knows everything. His eye is on the sparrow. How can he not hear me? He is omniscient. He knew he was going to post it, before I was ever born. I make sure I sin everyday... that way, he didn't die for nothing.

August 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Phone HeavenSent I know you are not me. You are terrorizing me on these blogs because you are jealous of God's son, Jesus. My arm pits have turned a strange greenish-red color. You athiests all want to be mini-gods and scoff at God's truth on earth.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

@edweird69

You should learn to read.

August 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • Lisa

HeavenSent
      How do you KNOW that these posts aren't from a future you channelled through some advanced technology? Are you saying that you are so closed-minded that you cannot change your position about God?

August 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
    • edweird69

@ChristardMingle – u should suc me raw, balls-n-all ...

August 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  5. exCONservtv

Ah yes. The party of the fake religious and nutjobs. I personally believe that faith is absolutely required and you are no closer to God if you are forced to go to church so never act on faith or not smart enough to realise that or just go to church because it gived you political shinyness. The GOP is more corrupt that the other options and since I'm not in the super-rich category that will benefit from their tax favors, my vote goes anywhere else. And hey yea, let's make religion important in our politics. That works so well for the other nations that have that...

August 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  6. edweird69

What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete–it needs nothing else. We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be. If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible.

August 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
    • mitch

Well reasoned, a good read on the subject..
      The Impossibility of God by Martin and Monnier

August 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
    • exCONservtv

Nothing sentient is happy alone. The happier we get – the more we want to share that. That is why we have children and pets.

August 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • Abinadi

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
      8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
      9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (New Testament, Revelation, Chapter 12)

God was not alone. We were there with him and we fought on his side in the great war – even you, Ed.

August 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
    • Lisa

Abinadi
      WE are angels? I thought that all humans, from Adam on down, had separate souls. Also given free choice, but a different created being. You're saying that's wrong?

Also, aren't the angels not creations of God as well?

August 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • Simran

@Ed,
      Bcoz there is a disequilibrium between what we are and what we want to be (and it is amazing how the human brain reached such complex thinking patterns), we created an image of a perfect being so that we could idolize.

August 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  7. HeavenSent

That's the phony heavensent's posts. Due to being degraded and harassed on this blog, I am changing my democratic status and will never vote the democratic ticket again.

August 26, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@TheRealHeavenSent

You are really out to get me tommie tom, just like my bosses showed me but the lies are not lies to the non-liar. If it weren't so humid I would bathe but the dogs are used to my smell now. You can keep stealing my name and playing your games pretending to be me but I am on these blogs to post Jesus' truth which is the real truth.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  8. truth be told

I think for myself, unlike the brainwashed atheists who will believe anything they are told. Jesus will punish thee...

August 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • Colin

oh the irony of that statement is rich......

August 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • TheRealHeavenSent

Don't bother with evil baby killing science loving atheists my friend. They think they are so smart with all their science and "reason". Always demanding evidence but the last time I read my Bible evidence wasn't what saves you from the eternal lake of fire. God Bless and Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • Larry Pooface

That's not a great way to structure a logical argument.

August 26, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@TheRealHeavenSent

You are really out to get me tommie tom, just like my bosses showed me but the lies are not lies to the non-liar. If it weren't so humid I would bathe but the dogs are used to my smell now. You can keep stealing my name and playing your games pretending to be me but I am on these blogs to post Jesus' truth.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • truth be told

you are replying to a stolen name. Thnk for yourself ? you are not capable of independent thought ass hole.

August 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
    • edweird69

Jesus is always so ready to punish someone. Yes, the horrible crime of not believing something, deserves eternal torture. For someone who is so loving, he sure rules with an iron fist. What a preeek !

August 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
    • Lisa

Disbelieving earns you eternal punishment? Punishing thought crimes. Stalin would be sooo proud!

August 26, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  9. Obuma the Communist

Godless liberals hate Jesus. This blog is for christians only. Why not go to a red party meeting instead where you non believers belong.

August 26, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • Ronald Regonzo

List of things that will no longer be in America under Romney / Ryan
      Godless liberals
      hate
      red party
      red party meeting
      non believers
      Romney / Ryan 2012

August 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • Colin

A bit dated, referring to opponents as "communists"isn't it?

August 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • Josef Bleaux

Go back to Faux News and drink some more of their Koolaid.

August 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • rjaddow

We don't hate Jesus, exactly... just His followers.

August 26, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
    • Larry Pooface

Did you read those books? Your statement does not agree with the teachings of Jesus; plus, your logic is skewed. Disliking people because they do not agree with you will only make your world much more smaller an unpleasant. Enjoy the diversity of opinions, you may hear something you like.

August 26, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
    • Larry Pooface

Ronald,

so, if we are liberal belivers, we're ok? You do get that we can have opposing political ideas and not be enemies, right? Or, is hate the only thin you know how to express?

August 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Check again dingbat...this is the belief blog ...not the Christian blog. We godless folk belong here because we challenge unfounded superstitious beliefs and our opinions deserve to be heard too..

August 26, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • captain america

Except you are in the wrong country ass hole, your opinion does not count for sh it here. There's your sign

August 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • tallulah13

Obvious troll is obvious.

August 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

I'll make you a deal captain asshole. When the US stops butting into international affairs then I'll keep my opinion to myself....don't hold yer breath. This is no disrespect to Americans (except for you..ya moron) but what affects your country also affects the rest of North America and indeed even the rest of the world....America is generally a force for good in the world but that doesn't mean we foreigners should turn a blind eye.

August 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Lisa

Jesus was probably an alright guy, but what some Christians think Jesus was about, including all the groups they think he hated, is just messed up. I've read the Gospels and the conservative idea of an anti-gay, returning with sword in hand Jesus just isn't in those books.

August 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
  10. albie

Focus on religion is why I will never vote republican – religion is responsible for a dumbing down of america – the rest of the world laughs at how religious parts of our country are

August 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@albie

You athiest dummies are the dummies dumbing down the truth of Jesus' letter to us the Holy Bible. I felt my trailer shift a bit when I farted. The snake crawls on it's belly and hisses the lies of satan, your father who lives in hades (hell) and is jealous of Jesus (God's son).

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • HeavenSent

That's the phony heavensent's post. Due to being degraded and harassed on this blog, I am changing my democratic status and will never vote the democratic ticket again.

August 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@albie

You athiest dummies are the dummies dumbing down the truth of Jesus' letter to us the Holy Bible. I felt my trailer shift a bit when I pooted. The snake crawls on it's belly and hisses the lies of satan, your father who lives in hades (hell) and is jealous of Jesus (God's son).

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
    • Idiocybreedsfear

Albie hit the nail on the head. Heaven Sent, you're flat out nuts and I pity you.

August 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

"Thanks for showing me what my bosses showed me, that atheists care less about anyone but themselves."

Right...and who are the ones that care that gays get the same rights as heteros...or that women aren't treated like incubators with no rights over their own reproductive systems....or support the research into stem cell therapies to cure disease...or fight to keep ignorant creationist garbage out of science classes. Oh...yeah....it's the atheists. Those damned selfish atheists spreading all that pesky equality.

August 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
  11. truth be told

I hope so. Finally something I can beat off to on television other than old holocaust footage.

August 26, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
    • truth be told

Think for yourself much? A stolen name with an atheist quickly degenerates to filth, glad you are one of "them"

August 26, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
  12. The Pacifist

I predict the RNC will kick off with Rick Santorum licking Mitten's butthole on stage.

August 26, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • Oh Snap Dreezy

I heard Ann Coulter and Barbara Bush plan on bumping donuts as well to incite the audience. Then Rush Limbaugh and Newt will bang each other.

August 26, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
  13. HeavenSent

You all know that Scotty, cough, tommie tom is the fake HeavenSent and is the webmaster on this blog. He already ruined the last web site he was on. Sometimes it is just easier to poop on my dinner plate and throw in a baggy later. I will keep telling athiests the truth about Jesus' truth and can just keep stealing my handle.

Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Good bye all. Remember, keep your focus on hating the Christians that gave you freedom in the world. Then remember, when you are cornered as cattle, remember their smiles and calling you pal. That too is written. Not in the Bible, but their man made book of lies.

August 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  14. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Invisible robot testicles will inherit the earth....

August 26, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • truth be told

An atheist with a stolen name quickly degenerates to filth. Glad you are on their side.

August 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
  15. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

I think I am having a seizure.

August 26, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  16. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

August 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • GAW

The Christians are killing carrots and chickens by the thousands. What gives?

August 26, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • truth be told

Stew... ardship.

August 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • HeavenSense

Hi prayer-bot.

August 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
  17. GAW

Rumor has it all RNC delegates wont have to pay the cover charge at Mons Venus strip club if they present their entry ticket. Or maybe it was a free lap dance I'm not sure.

August 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

That and Thee Dollhouse, another strip club in Tampa, is all decked out in red,white and blue, stars and stripes decor for those horny Republicans. The owner hopes to cash in and girls expect 3 times their usual tips from those so-called conservative family values hypocrites compared to their liberal counterparts.

August 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
    • Dodney Rangerfield

Did you hear the one about the ass hole Canadian that minded its own F'n business?

August 26, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Dodney Rangerfield

You wont the ass hole can't help itself from thinking someone somewhere will think it needs to hear from it.

August 26, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Doddering Captain Azzhole, you must be a riot at parties.

August 26, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • Dodney Rangerfield

Unlike you I am a professional.

August 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  18. Terry Moore

Yep, we are moving towards a theocracy..The good thing is I'll have moved out of the country before that happens, and will enjoy life among civilized people..

August 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
    • Ronald Regonzo

Iran will be lovely for you. Romney / Ryan 2012

August 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • TruthPrevails :-)

Ronald: And Islam will be lovely for you!!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE SECULAR COUNTRY known as the USA if you want a theocracy-you do not represent anything civilized or sane!!

August 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • captain america

Interesting phrase liar prevails since you are already outside of America. You are useless to US and to your own country as well. There's your sign.

August 26, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
  19. TheRealHeavenSent

Hey, "Atheism is not healthy for vegatables and other living things" guy here AKA HeavenSent/JustSayin. Just thought I'd let you know that you fornicators and other Jesus haters will burn in the ever lasting glorious flames of hell while me and Jesus masturbate to your screams. I am personally attending the God's Own Party (GOP) convention in sinful Florida to help make sure we True Christians® take back this country and finally make the word of the Bible the law of the land and you Jesus haters can move to Utah if you don't like it. God Bless and Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Terry Moore

Then when they make you Ayatollah, will you start sending people to burn at the stake ???

August 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • GAW

After the trolls have breakfast they head to the CNN belief blog.

August 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
    • tallulah13

I wish they'd go to Village Inn and get pie instead.

August 26, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
    • Born again and again and again and again....

@TheRealHeavenSent
      Listen HS I still have a lot sin left in me and live just outside of Tampa, maybe we could hook up while you are in town. Listen how old are you anyway? Do you think you get your frail old asz to ride a chopper, then me, in that order? I'm a beer guy but I could pick you up some gin or tequila, let me know.

August 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • DOinOH

Is there someplace, but not ebay where I can get True Truth® water by True Christians®? It too expensive there. I have very strict budget, but need better source. I need 14oz. size. Thanks you and god bless.

August 26, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • TheRealHeavenSent

Go ahead and laugh you hell-bound sinners we True Christians® will be pointing down and laughing at you from our Heavenly perch as we watch you scream in agony as you burn but yet, not die. The smell of your flesh igniting will be a sweet aroma in the nostrils of Jesus and me. You laugh now but when you are in flames it will be too late to beg for the blood of Jesus to wash over you. God Bless and Amen.

August 26, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
  20. Ricky Bobby

Contraception is evil. Jesus teaches us that "pulling out" is the preferred method of god.

August 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm |