home
RSS
August 29th, 2012

My Faith: My Sikh prayer for the Republican National Convention

Editor's note: Ishwar Singh is the president of the Sikh Society of Central Florida and owns a small business called Industrial Scan, Inc.

By Ishwar Singh, Special to CNN

I am honored to be the first Sikh American in U.S. history to deliver the invocation at a national convention. On Wednesday, I will offer a prayer at the Republican National Convention from my Sikh faith.

The prayer calls upon the American public to join with us in recognition that we are one family. As an immigrant, a small-business owner and a father, I am humbled by the opportunity to address the nation. When I came to this country over 40 years ago, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the honor of offering a prayer for the nation. My story is possible only in America.

My prayer will be an opportunity to share the spirit of the Sikh faith with the American people. The tenets of Sikhism - humility, equality, and justice - lie at the heart of the American ethic.

For more than 100 years, Sikhs have lived, worked, and worshipped in America as farmers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, entrepreneurs, artists and more. We see ourselves as part of one America. On Wednesday, I’ll be honored to stand as a proud Sikh with my turban and beard as a fellow American.

Opinion: Is Sikh-led prayer at RNC a hollow gesture?

Unfortunately, the recent mass shooting of Sikhs in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, and attacks on mosques across the nation call us to recommit to a vision of unity.

These acts are just the most recent in a history of violence against our community. In the aftermath of the Iran hostage crisis, the first Gulf War, the Oklahoma City bombing, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, subsequent wars, and the controversy over the so-called “ground zero mosque,” Sikhs have been on the receiving end of hate.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

I hope that my presence Wednesday on the national stage will play a small part in helping Sikhs - and people of all races, faiths and orientations - be seen as part of the great American family. We Sikhs draw strength from the nonpartisan support we have received in response to the terrible tragedy in Oak Creek.

On the Republican side, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Rep. Paul Ryan, and now the Republican National Committee have extended a hand of friendship. On the Democrats’ side, President Obama ordered flags flown at half-staff and Attorney General Eric Holder and first lady Michelle Obama have visited Oak Creek to mourn with us and express their support.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

After Wednesday, I hope that we will see more engagement and inclusion. I hope our elected officials will stand against hateful speech this election season. I hope that the government tracks hate crimes specifically against Sikhs and that Sikhs will be considered eligible to serve this country, as we have served so many others, in the police and armed forces.

I hope that our children and grandchildren will be permitted to be full and equal members of this great American family. As our first teacher, Guru Nanak, and the founders of our faith taught us: I see no stranger.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Ishwar Singh.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: 2012 Election • Sikh

1. onenadune

Atheist generally don't have any principle or ethics.

August 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • Huebert

Christians who repeat this tired lie are usually banal dolts.

August 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

People who are too stupid to know the plural form of atheist, is atheists, generally have never graduated from 3rd Grade.

August 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • @GuileOfTheGods

Because every atheist is EXACTLY alike. They all look, act, and think alike. They're like robots, and you, onenadune, have discovered the secret to the conspiracy!

August 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • chris hitchens

@huebert
      Usually but in this case it is common knowledge, so it is not a lie and the poster is quite intelligent and an excellent judge of character.

August 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
    • jqent

To the contrary... they generally arrive at atheism after deep thought, meaning they realize they themselves are responsible for their own deeds, and cannot fall back on the Devil or "forgiveness" as a way of justifying themselves. Unlike the "Christian" who may "sin" all week and pray for "forgiveness" on Sunday.

August 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

Atheist generally don't have any low IQ.

August 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
    • Huebert

@chris

I see you don't know what "banal means.

August 29, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
    • J. Singh

As a Sikh, I still believe there are many atheists and agnostics that treat people well and with respect. My first instinct is to say they are wrong and that I am right, but then I can say that about everyone else too...which I will not. As long as people are aware of consequences of their actions, and do their best to learn about others and treat them well and protect others...I think we are all going to be ok.

We should all have a conscience. That is what should guide us...along with out life's experiences and knowledge about right and wrong. We should help the less fortunate, especially those that have mental and physical disorders...the best we can.

August 29, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

fuk you J. Singh

August 29, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
    • J. Singh

Hi Christard
      No, I don't swing that way. But your gayness is completely accepted.
      J Singh

August 29, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
    • Doug

I'm thinking that your sole reason for posting this was to make atheists angry and not to contribute any real substance to this forum. Am I right about that?

August 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
  2. Grim

That's right, bow, pray, yield, kneel, oh and donate your money to me.
    Obtuse people of faith, brainwashed from birth, never allowed choice.
    Do you know what a god is? The very first SUPER HERO. Makes perfect sense to me when these people barely understood lightning and thunder.

August 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
    • HeavenSent

@Grim

Just because you keep believing the lies of satan does not mean you will be collectively mini-gods. My urine soaked granny panties make an excellent planter. Do as the atheists do in this country to ensure the USA goes belly up.

Amen.

August 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • J. Singh

Hey Grim,

Sikhism is an Agnostic faith and doesn't believe in rituals, castes or rock/idol worship, or joining a specific religion for salvation. All people are equal despite their claims of superiority because of ideological beliefs. Sikhs believe that a Muslim or Christian is no better than each other, or anyone else, despite what each religion teaches about exclusivity...and the struggle of each member to 'love the enemy' but still thinking that the 'enemy' is inferior. I've been on that side of the fence too...not good.

Sikhs do not believe is 'Super Heroes' the way you think, but thanks anyway. I had collected Superman comics most of my life and know the difference. 🙂

August 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
    • @GuileOfTheGods

Atheists are destroying this nation. With them protesting at soldier funerals, oh wait, they worship Jesus and God. Oh yeah, the 9/11 attackers! No, they worship Allah. Um... I know, the people who blow up abortion clinics and yell at gay people for being themselves! No, they worship God also...

August 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • BJ

Lighting is still not well understood.

August 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  3. Seriously though

"The tenets of Sikhism – humility, equality, and justice – lie at the heart of the American ethic."

He needs to find a new party.

August 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
    • Dhobi

Ameen

August 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • J. Singh

Good point...maybe the Republicans can learn from him. Wishful thinking, but it's worth a shot.

August 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  4. Bob

A Tea Party thug shoots a bunch of Sikhs and the first thing the Rethuglicans who sent him do is try to get a Sikh to pray for them so they can be absolved of the wrongdoing.

Rethuglicans. "Not racist, just #1 with racists"

August 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • onenadune

You are a great representative of the democrat liberal party, ignorant and stupid. Keep up the good work.

August 29, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
  5. Live Free Or Die

Religions are corruption of truth, a criminal way to deny accountability for their criminal deed's.

August 29, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
  6. Timmy Suckle

I kissed my way up to VP at a health insurance company. Now I take over $500,000 of your health care dollars for NO VALUE ADDED to your health care. And that’s just me. Now think about how many other VPs, Directors, Managers, etc. are at my company alone. Now multiply that by thousands of others at hundreds of other health insurance companies. From 10 to 25% of your health care dollars go towards administration that adds NO VALUE to your health care. But my company’s PAC dollars will continue to fool you little people into thinking that a single payer system will be bad. Little people like you are so easy to fool. Little people also don’t realize that a single payer system is the ONLY system that would allow little people (as an entire country) to negotiate better health care prices. Little people don’t realize that the Medical Cartels already know that. And that is the reason why the Medical Cartels spend so much PAC money from the hospitals and doctors lobbying against a single payer system. Some little people say that a single payer system would cost you little people more. But if that were true, then wouldn’t the hospitals and doctors WANT that extra money? Yes they would. So why do the Medical Cartels lobby against a single payer system? It’s because the Medical Cartels know it would allow little people to negotiate better health care prices. And that’s what the Medical Cartels are afraid of. Period.
    But us big wigs at insurance companies, hospitals, and pharmacy companies don’t ever need to worry about health care no matter what it costs. We get our health care paid for one way or another by you little people. And we get the little people that work at our companies to contribute to our PACs. And us big wigs say it’s to protect the little peoples’ jobs. But in reality it would be in the little peoples’ best interest to NOT contribute to the PAC. Again, little people are so easy to be fooled. I won’t ever have to worry about losing my job with so many little people being brain washed by the Medical Cartels’ PAC money. Not only that, the Medical Cartels’ PAC money is used to elect so many republicans that will never allow a single payer system. Republicans have always fought against any meaningful health care reform. But that’s what our Medical Cartels’ PACs pay them for. Politicians can be bought so easily.
    Pretty soon the only people that will be able to afford health care is us big wigs. And that’s the way it should be. We don’t want you little people using up the resources when we need them. And once again, I thank you little people for capping my SS tax at the $106,800 level. Now I only pay 1.3% SS tax and you little people pay 6.2%. Also, thank you for extending my tax breaks. I’m using the extra money on my vacation houses.

August 29, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
    • Chemack56

Stop it Timmy, you're scaring me!

August 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

The President of United Health Care took home around $98,000,000 total compensation of YOUR health care premium money last year, and twill this year. How he sleeps at night is beyond me. What possible value could one man add, that is worth that ?

August 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  7. Marie Aslem

Why is it that atheists and non-believers in anything mock and criticize those who do, and who are trying to do something good? Why are you guys to vial and mean spirited towards anybody who believes in God. If you do not believe in God and feel comfortable with your life, then so be it, but what kind of person are you that you have to put down your neighbor simply because s/he disagrees with you? When you guys do that, one can only think of how pathetic your lives must be that all you do is insult and denigrate those who you disagree with.

August 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

Hmmm, so it couldn't have anything to do with a political party that panders and directly obscures the founding of our country, and the first amendment for political gain, and in order to legislate their religious beliefs on everyone? Not to mention in some states having laws liteally stating that people cannot run for office in those states if they don't believe in a god. Or how about complete lack of humanity on the parts of the heirarchy of said religion. The double standrads, the immorality, and the conviction that all those things listed aren't bad things at al.

August 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
    • james

Your entire post seems to have been just to insult and denigrate us. How are you better?

August 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • Q

Um, Hawaiiguest, please site the source where someone in the US (in this century) was banned from running for political office because of a state law requiring that they believe in God. If you don't have a source, its obviously completely made up!

August 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
    • KB

Woah, hey, I'd like to point out that while yes Atheist groups have been known to get kinda nasty the same goes for some Christian groups.

I'd also like to say that while I am atheist, I don't care if you're Muslim, Christian, Jewish, whatever. People believe in what they want to believe and thats fine by me.

August 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
    • J. Singh

Despite anything...atheists and agnostics and religious people are all respected if you look at the heart of Sikhism.

No membership required...just be humble, serve and treat others equally. Wow...monumental moment.

August 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Q

Seven states (Texas, Maryland, Mississippi, (Article XIV, Section 265), North Carolina, South Carolina, Arkansas [Article 19 Section 1], and Tennessee) do include language in their constitutions requiring state officeholders to have particular religious beliefs; additionally, one state (Pennsylvania Article 1 Section 4) specifically protects officeholders with religious belief but is silent on whether those without such beliefs are also protected.[1] The required beliefs include belief in a Supreme Being, and belief in a future state of rewards and punishments. Some of these same states specify that the oath of office include the words "so help me God".

August 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
    • @GuileOfTheGods

So blowing up abortion clinics and yelling & screaming at soldier funerals is "good"? And THAT is Christianity!

August 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Bible Clown©

Actually, here you are calling US names. Do you really not see how insulting and mean your silly rant is? Man, I can just feel the love of Jesus emanating from you. You are a credit to the church.

August 29, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Q-(werty)

Sorry Hawaii guest, that didn't answer the question. It was to cite when someone was *stopped* from running for office by a US State law in the current century due to their lack of belief in god.

The answer? Never!
      Thanks!

August 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Q

Wow talk about dishonesty on your part.

August 29, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  8. tim young

Richard JESUS said the only way to the Father is thru him. Im not calling that group of people satan but if you try to get saved thru any other way than JESUS CHRIST satan is useing them. The word of GOD I stand by it. You may be a CHRISTIAN but are you a disciple of CHRIST filled with the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, THE SAME SPIRIT THAT RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD. Blessed are the peace makers, 2 Timothy 2 -15
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

August 29, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
  9. fekt

the people you are trying to reach will not hear your words. this is a futile gesture. you're empowering the party the allows this rhetoric of hate against you to go unchecked. after your 15 seconds in the spotlight for a photo opportunity you will be swept aside. it will be business as usual. they will still cater to the fringe elements of their party. they have more votes than you do. that's all that is important. you do a great disservice to you and yours.

August 29, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
  10. Hugh Jass

Pandering to the people who shot up your church is a bad idea. Good doggy, arf arf. Wag your tail for conservatism! Here's your ten thousand dollar doggy biscuit.

August 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • Q

Claiming that the extremists that shot up the Sikh church are the same as all Conservatives, is equal to saying that people that wear turbans are all terrorists. Both statements are ignorant and offensive.

August 29, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • Bible Clown©

Q, and yet you believers have no problem equating me with Mao and Stalin. No, sorry, they are all alike. I wish they weren't.

August 29, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  11. Amused

You can tell me you have all the faith in the world, but when it comes to crossing the road, I know you look both ways
    – House

August 29, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
    • tim young

I have faith in JESUS CHRIST not this world. My MOM is very sick and if she died today my faith in JESUS would not go down. I would lean on him more because I the bible says it is appointed once to every man to die and when it is all said and done, my lord will know i loved him and served him with all my heart, strength, mind. If you would like to get know JESUS read the Entie chapter of Matthew and JOHN and ask GOD to reveal who JESUS is because if you read the bible without asking GOD to help you the scriptures you will not understand and JSUS will not be revealed to you. GOD BLESS you friend.

August 29, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
    • Thetruth

Thats because its faith not blind faith. If you are looking both ways before crossing the road thats common sense. If a car comes out of nowhere and hits you, breaking your legs and it was impossible to see before then that is submission to the will god.

August 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  12. TonyInNYC

I'm glad about this. I only wish it had happened sooner - but that doesn't take away form my appreciation that it is happening now.

August 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
  13. john s.

What is wrong with you people;

why is everyone who posts on cnn comments so full of hate regardless of which side of the isle you sit on?

August 29, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

fuk you john.

August 29, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • noden

It's not just CNN. There are angry hateful posts on any site that allows posts. Some are so awful, I cannot believe that their is so much hate inside a person.

August 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
    • J. Singh

john s.

Good point. Thanks for your insight.

J Singh

August 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  14. Brent Slensker

They throw nuts at blacks saying, "This is how we feed animals!" They SHOUT down a Puerto Rican guest speaker....Do you think they respect YOU at all Ishwar Singh?!?...I hope they PAID you a lot of money to betray your people!

August 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • Collin

Not true. You have heard incorrect reports. They did not shout down the hispanic woman. They were objecting to the way delegates were being handled or trying to drown out those who were objecting. It had nothing to do with her. The media just assumed that it was racism because they see everything conservative as racist.

August 29, 2012 at 2:57 pm |
    • Dhobi

What a sell out !!! you are the same as Niki Haley and Bobby Jindal who abandoned their faith, converted to Christianity just so that they could be elected to a political office. The members of the Republican party, through Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Carl Rowe and Rush Limbaugh have contributed to the race baiting and scare mongering that is so prevalent today, not to speak of Aikin and his moronic views of women. As a Sikh, who stand for humility, and the well being of all (Sarbat da Bhalla), you choose to be associated with backward thinkers, who promote discrimination and racism.

August 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
  15. Calvin Grant

Perhaps you should pray for gun control and the end of pet treatment for "domestic terrorists". It is funny that you are giving this prayer. The NRA runs the RNC which makes gun cheap and accessible to the masses. Shameful.

August 29, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
    • ChristardMingle.com

Yup.

August 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
    • Brent Slensker

Yep!

August 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
    • Collin

Maybe you should research what science has to say about gun control and crime rates.

August 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  16. mac

hawaiiguest
    Put a sock in it or try to recognize the reality of truth. Seek and you shall find!!!

August 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

Awww how cute. The moron doesn't think I've seeked before. Then again, the inconceivability that some people might not blindly accept religious idiocy is so foreign to some people.

August 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
    • Doug

@hawaiiguest Seeking...Wikipedia, they're all the same to you right? So proud of your open mind and your beliefs while you openly denigrate others for being proud of their beliefs. You sir are the one who's funny to watch.

August 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Doug

Try some coherency if yo're going to attempt and "insult" me. It might help to get your complete non-point across.

August 29, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
    • Doug

@hawaiiguest That's right, attack writing style when you've got nothing to say. Oh, BTW, congratulations for just recently jumping onto the atheist bandwagon. You seem so proud.

August 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Doug

Actually I just couldn't understand your point. I don't know what wikipedia or seeking (whatever that is) has anything to do with anything.
      Also, it seems you haven't been paying attention to the other theists. Blind assertions that something is "truth" doesn't make it so. I'm not sure where you get off thinking you know anything about my atheism, but your blind assertion is fairly common, and not really surprising.

August 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • @GuileOfTheGods

I'm not too sure why mac & Doug care so much about what other people believe in. Go out and see a movie, or read a book or visit with friends. Worry about fulfilling your own life and not trying to control others 🙂

August 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • Doug

@hawaiiguest I know plenty of atheists who don't attack theists like you have to Mac above. They accept that people will believe what they believe as do I. I don't really care if you believe in a God or you don't, but what I can't stand are people who blindly attack people for their beliefs while at the same time, instilling their belief system as the "correct" way to think. That's one of the things that atheists dislike so much about religion right? It's very simple, stop rubbing your superiority complex in all of our faces, then you and I can get along.

August 29, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Doug

Wow you really didn't pay attention to the conversation did you? Mac telling me to shut up or recognize what he realizes to be truth, and you rebuke me? Really? Have you ever heard of a double standard? Your rant is at least keeping consistent with the rest of your posts.

Here's a simple question, when did I ever assert that non-belief in gods is 100% correct?

August 29, 2012 at 7:25 pm |
  17. Reality

Free Will and Future are inherent to all the thinking beings in the Universe. This being the case, it is not possible to alter life with prayers. Statistically, your request might come true but it is simply the result of the variability/randomness of Nature..

So put down your rosaries and prayer beads and stop worshiping/revering cows or bowing to Mecca five times a day or saying your ntnem banis . Instead work hard at your job, take care of aging parents, volunteer at a soup kitchen, donate to charities and the poor and continue to follow the proper rules of your religion or any good rules of living as gracious and good human beings.

August 29, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • whatdoiknow

Not sure if it is intentional but your second paragraph is what that religion teaches.

August 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
    • ThinkTank

Democrats don't think of how greed and easy money corrupted Wall Street.

August 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • Reality

Putting the kibosh/”google” on religion to include Mormonism:

• There was probably no Abraham i.e. the foundations of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are non-existent.

• There was probably no Moses i.e the pillars of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no strength of purpose.

prob•a•bly
      Adverb: Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

• Fat Buddhas here, skinny Buddhas there, reincarnated Buddhas everywhere makes for a no on Buddhism.

Added details available upon written request.

e.g. Taoism

August 29, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
  18. tim young

Are you telling me the RNC has given in to satan. The old RNC would not ever have prayer by some one who does not believe in JESUS or the Only true and living GOD. President Ronald Regan would not be happy with this. By the way i am a DEMOCRAT with Republican VALUES. GOD bless America because the scriptures are coming true and JESUS is on the way back for a church without spot or blemish. If you are not saved and filled with the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD you will not understand what I have Just written.

August 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

You need some professional help or some medication.

August 29, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • sam

There are a lot of aluminum foil hats in here today.

August 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • James PDX

You know what would have been good times for Jesus to come back? The Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch burnings, the Europeans wiping out the Native Americans, the Civil War, WWI or WWII, the black plague, etc.

August 29, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
    • Richard

Your ignorance and lack of understanding regarding one human family is precisely the fuel that spreads the hate. There is but one God, and many paths back to him. I am also Christian, but I do not condone the ignorance you spew and neither would the Jesus that I love and follow. Before you start spewing hate and calling Sikhism satanic, why don't you pull your provincial head out of the narrow minded, hate filed, world you live in and realize that not every religion is satanic if it doesn't follow Jesus Christ. Yes, I could accept that the argument that Sikhs may not be Christ followers and so therefore do not have the final truth and way to heaven, but it is not up to us to judge and name call. It is not Christian like. The hate and vitriol you spew is no different than the hate spewed by islamic jihadist, it comes from a supposedly Christian orientation. All of you extremists and ignorant haters should be shipped off to and island and have at each other, so us God fearing, understanding, tolerant people can live normal lives without the problems that people like you create.

August 29, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

That is an interesting self affirming circular mental loop. It's a bit like mental masturbation. "I only have the truth, and I know it, because I know it". It's like William L Craig saying, "I believe I have the Holy Spirit, because I believe I have the Holy Spirit".
      The least you could do is perform some Bible quotes for the audience.

August 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • Hugh Jass

Richard, you are no true Christian. Where's the spew of hatred? You almost seem as if you might consider loving your fellow man, or stooping to forgiveness. You aren't a Baptist, that's for sure.

August 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
  19. Ofenzif

And they paid him enough to buy another taxi.

August 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  20. Outraged

I've heard from reliable sources that peanut sales will be discontinued two hours before his appearance...

August 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • tim young

My friend go back and read how many years NOAH preached to the people the flood was coming and they laughed at him

August 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
    • Hugh Jass

"NOAH preached to the people the flood was coming and they laughed at him" Of course they did; there was no flood. The whole thing's borrowed from the epic of Gilgamesh. Get a better grip. Even Jesus said not to take the Old T too seriously.

August 29, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Outraged Really!

the guy who lives in his mother's basement claims he heard from reliable sources. Are you eavesdropping your mama on phone or she is telling you while trying to put you to the sleep?

August 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • Bible Clown©

"the guy who lives in his mother's basement claims he heard from reliable sources" He's pulling your leg. Get it now?

August 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
    • Outraged

Bible Clown©, Huge Ass is apparently unaware of sarcasm. "Mother's basement"? He should ad "Hole" to his name.

August 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm |