home
RSS
September 20th, 2012

1. Jo

Any one who believes the Bible is coherent is nuts!!! It is the story of a people..... The Jews! Great examples of people's choices and consequences !!! Great literature!! Great poetry!! Full of contradictions!!! The Koran is the same! The Mormon 'tale' is a great fairy tale!!!

October 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm |
  2. Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There is no god, so I don't care about the religious side of this, but the gay-centric CNN clearly set this guy up and it's disgusting and shameful. Osteen didn't write the bible...if you don't like what the bible says, don't be a christian.

October 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
    • bshep425

that may be the best post i have ever seen an athiest make.

October 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
  3. Alec

Wow, the guy who keeps interupting Joel is incredibly ignorant. Typical New York media bully. I'd like to see that guy in an interview with someone like Ted Nugent who most likely would reach across the table and put a taxdermied squirrel in his mouth to keep him quiet. Good grief, let the pastor explain himself already. Terrible liberal bias in this segment.

October 9, 2012 at 11:16 am |
    • Um no.

Ted Nugent is a draft-dodging chicken hawk coward and bully...nothing more.

October 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
    • Im not gay

Most Jews are....duh!!!

October 9, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  4. SQ

Good for you Joel. You kept in your lane while "trying" to answer the questions presented to you. It would have been nice to let you actually finish your statements. Politics/religion, politics/religion. I'm so sick of it all. Can't someone just try to be a good person and lift people up without them all taking them down..

October 9, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  5. Rob

What a buffoon

October 9, 2012 at 2:37 am |
  6. I BELIEVE

So Glad Romney will be our president soon! It's time to take back this country, (in other words, time to take the trash out)!

October 8, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
    • midwest rail

Typical arrogance from a modern faux Christian.

October 9, 2012 at 11:18 am |
    • Billy

Bad news... November 6th is going to be a DISASTER for the GOP. Mitt Romney is the most unlikeable nominee in recent memory. Better luck in 2016. I hope your party gets their act together by then, but given everything I've witnessed this election cycle, I highly doubt they will.

October 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • James

By trash do you mean gay people? Are we going to go back to the good ole' days where everyone except for white christian males are discriminated against. Go smoke bath salts at a GOP convention and do some good for this country.

October 9, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Im not gay

If anything the Jewish media needs to be taken down a step. Who cares about these small segment groups of the population. GAYS and their rights, many of my gay friends are appalled by the questioning on non-gay leader and the ruthless tactics the media puts on them!!!

October 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  7. Diz

This video really made me LOL– evasion at it's finest.. I love seeing people post Joel's status updates on FB bcs it's such a farce– but god forbid I attempt to refute any of the evasions- (I become the "heathen" who doesn't understand scripture) *** I have read the Bible *** (and is there a more gruesome book out there??) I just can't understand how people buy into his bs..

October 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
  8. dave

I read somewhere once that being a bigoted christian is a sin.

October 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • tjbeck1973

But try explaining that to a bigoted "Christian"...

October 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  9. MadeULookAzzhole

Joel takes one up his azz...and yes, I know he's married, his wife's cooch is that big!

October 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  10. diablo135

I'm posting this because at the time, there were exactly 666 replies

Ps – I love the CNN reporters. They keep asking questions and he is trying to answer them but they keep berating him. Trying to get the gay viewer for their failing network.

October 8, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • krussy

This was so stupid. I can't believe that these people have such great jobs.

October 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  11. Tagatsingh

Simira Posted on hmmm I should do this I wish I was more motevatid about all this *sigh* I'm working on it though. I should def take pics maybe I can use this to help motivate moi we shall see

October 8, 2012 at 11:27 am |
  12. Mikey

This guy is one of the top D-bags on the planet.

October 8, 2012 at 10:51 am |
  13. jody

romans was written by Paul. Not Peter. if ur gonna be a wiseguy and sarcastic you need to know your facts

October 8, 2012 at 1:00 am |
  14. Gino

Joel Osteen, like so many of his ilk on "church television" is just one more religious conman making a terrific living off the deluded suckers in his audience.

October 7, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • Im not gay

Hey Gino, I knew you would say the punk comment. Watch his program for a month and then post on here ya GUIDO!!!! JO does a lot of good for society and is very uplifting in a society that is downtrodden and mediocre at best...

October 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  15. 110

Would have been helpful if they would have not kept interrupting him and actually let him answer a question completely.

October 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
  16. Lucifer

Joel is a good boy and doing just what I asked!

October 7, 2012 at 9:20 am |
    • tjbeck1973

hahahaha! Exactly!!!!!

October 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
  17. Willy Miller

Scurrilous>>>> The one word to describe them all! Lemar Davis, Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar, to name a few.

October 6, 2012 at 10:27 pm |
  18. BOB

The popularity of this guy escapes me! Personally I think if you stuck a blond wig on his head he would make an award winning drag queen.

October 6, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • 110

Wonder what you'd look like in the same fashion?

October 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
  19. David

C'mon Joel.. you know what the truth is according to God's word. God calls it an abomination. Read Romans chapter 1&2. The Bible teaches that those who practice sin will not enter Heaven. To practice is to do something intentionally and continually without regard. We all struggle with sin.It is our human nature. We shoud strive to be without sin and honor God's word.

October 6, 2012 at 8:36 am |
    • Glenn

David, God didn't write Romans, Peter did.

October 7, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • Kate

What about that camel and the eye of that needle? How could you vote for Mitt knowing what you know about camels and eyes of needles?

October 7, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • asdadsasd

Glenn, the Bible was inspired by God. But I see what you tried to do there.

October 7, 2012 at 8:06 pm |
    • Ekan

If you are not indoctrinated as a christian, then it really doesn't matter what the Bible says and citing it is silly unless you are just trying to get other christians to agree with you. If God doesn't like something, as you say, why not relax and let him deal with it instead of persecuting people. Does the bible say you need to take God's judgement into your hands? If you think it is your place to regulate the behavior of other people whose actions are not affecting you, arent you basically American Taliban?

October 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
  20. glenda

Olsteen preaches, if you give the church a hundred dollars, you'll get a thousand back, from God. If you don't get your money back, be patient, and just keep on giving. Sometimes it takes years, according to Olsteen, and if you don't get your wealth here, you'll get it in heaven. He's making sure, he gets his wealth here.

October 5, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@glenda,

gotta admire the man's business plan eh?

Q1.

Jesus is to shepherd, as ...
      believers are to _____________

Q2.

P.T. Barnum is to suckers as ...
      Joel Osteen is to _____________

Answers:
      Q1: Sheep
      Q2: His congregation

October 5, 2012 at 7:18 pm |
    • Really-O?

Osteen is a charlatan. It never occurred to me that one could snivel one's way through a con, but Osteen has made it work. Once again, P. T. Barnum is proved right.

October 5, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
    • Steve

You hit the nail on the head! His smile is enough to know that he's just not right!

October 8, 2012 at 1:33 am |
    • Correction

The wealth he has amassed is from his books not from the collection plate. He doesn't take payment from the church. FYI

October 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |