home
RSS
September 20th, 2012

1. mariner v

The people that scream the loudest about other people's choices are usually the ones that practice them behind closed doors. Has anyone forgotten the pedophiles of the catholic chuch?

October 19, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
    • Da King

You're not making any sense.

October 19, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
  2. Kelly

Donna, That's interesting, I see your point! Who in their right mind would choose to be outcast like Sandusky??? He didn't choose his urges BUT he has to control his urges. Just like my ex-husband who had urges for dozens of women......it's just not right!!!

October 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm |
    • Da King

WHAT?

October 19, 2012 at 11:21 pm |
  3. Donna......

It's not a choice!!! Neither is pedophilia, both are unnatural and wrong........ If you guys don't want to judge anyone then maybe we should remove our judicial system!!!

October 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm |
    • midwest rail

Every medical profession disagrees with you.

October 19, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • Da King

Ok I give up. All these responders are stupid.

October 19, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
  4. Paula

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Greatest commandment: Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul and spirit and your neighbor as yourself. I have enough to do without judging others. Leaving that up to God.

October 19, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  5. kevmel1

The Bible is the authority of those who believe in God. If you don't want to believe what the Bible says, then you can wait to see what God says.

October 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
    • Damocles

Fantastic! That's the best way to deal with it, isn't it? If an all powerful deity can't just come down and explain things to people in terms that are easily understood, what good is a book going to do?

October 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
    • Jeff

Kev...buddy. I am so willing to take my chances with God. As I told Francis a few moments ago I hope you are in front of me or behind me when we meet God. I cant want to see what he has to say to you.

October 19, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
    • Alex Dumas

I believe in a supreme power (you call it God), but the Bible has nothing to do with my belief...it's a book that
      was written by religious people...but not God.

October 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm |
  6. Ticktockman

If Americans valued education, knowledge and critical thinking more, people like Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, Robert Tilton, Jimmy Swaggart, etc. might have to work for a living rather than by fleecing the sheep (tax free, I might add). The hostility toward education is, I believe, the main reason for the long, slow decline of our nation. A smarter populace would have the effect of electing smarter leaders who have the vision to move us forward. I can dream, I suppose.

October 19, 2012 at 11:17 am |
    • cor

ok, for the 100th time, ALL members clergy have to pay taxes, people. They do NOT get out "tax free". It's the church itself as an organization that goes tax free... geez...

October 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  7. Gil Nodges

Dear god....is it me, or does Joel appear to be VERY GAY himself? He is one of the most effiminate men I have ever seen.

October 19, 2012 at 9:39 am |
    • laroque

Yes he does, but his wife is Soooooo hot

October 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  8. Francis

In my opinion, it is unthinkable that people are born gay....it is the responsibility of the parent of a child to bring him/her up in a way he/she will not depart. Nobody is born gay

October 19, 2012 at 5:53 am |
    • Ticktockman

And so the talking mule has his say.

October 19, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Jeff

Francis...may I ask where you get your information? People like you just shock me. God made me the way I am as he made you the way you are. I believe in the deepest part of my soul when I get to meet God he will affirm what I say. I hope you are standing right in front of me or behind so I can see what he says to you.

Don't comment on something you know nothing about.

October 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
    • gmon

Francis...u are so shallow and under informed it's scary. Did you know Abe Lincoln slept with men and wrote romantic letters to his dearest companion...and that was not his wife. U probably believe that was mother Mary on that slice of toast as well. As for your claim. What science are you basing this on? What experience are you basing this on? Ohh just your opinion...well you know what they say about opinions!?!

October 19, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
  9. acheptler

We should start filling up FEMA camps with these religio-freaks right away.

October 18, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
  10. Evangenital

Another religious nut. The bible is a fairy tale.

October 18, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  11. David Turner

The only thing I am sure of is that God is not a vengeful, jealous or angry God and that we are all his sons and daughters. Jesus tried to teach us these things but we, as humans, have twisted and distorted them. Even his disciples were guilty of misinterpreting his teachings and he knew this would happen. Jesus tried many times to free people from the traditional dogmatism for which the priests were responsible. God is much more concerned with your spiritual growth than whether or not you had Bacon with your eggs. Jesus was put to death for no other reason than that he challenged these priests and these priest ridden laws of the Jewish people. His disciples were so stunned by the fact that he would allow them to try and crucify him and they were so conditioned by the doctrine of atonement that the only way they could make sense of it was to proclaim that he had to be offered as a sacrifice to ATONE for our sins. This is the single most unfortunate distortion of what Jesus came here to teach us, Salvation by Faith. God never has nor will he ever require us to sacrifice anything other than our own selfish and egotistical desires.

October 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  12. Ron

Only he who cast the first stone throws it the farthest

October 18, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Monika

Brian and Christine,I think your ideas are right on. As I try to understand the world, I see that evtniehyrg is energy. That makes makes sense to me, because if God is eveywhere and God is energy, then evtniehyrg is energy. In past meditations I spent most of my time working with energy, not necessarily connecting it wtih God at the time. One day, as I was thinking about the role of faith in life, I realized that faith is like the machinery (if you will) of answered prayer. Suddenly I realized that faith is the energy that powers prayer and from there realized that in meditaion, when I broght back my energy into my body, I was really working with faith as well. Thanks for sharing this post. Blessings, Sherry

November 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm |
  13. Paul Wilson

Joel Osteen also adheres to the Jewish food laws (see Youtube). I jeer at that. If Christ didn't abolish food laws, then – he accomplished NOTHING. Real Christians eat pork, ignore all Jewish days of obligation.

October 17, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • Kenneth

Actually real Christians followed the example of Christ. He never ate pork. They also followed the example of Paul, who also never ate pork. Peters' disdain for pork is shown when he refused to eat anything unclean when asked by God, that he dinied him 3 times. Of course the vision wasn't really about food, but you do see my point. Real Christian Don't Eat Pork.

October 18, 2012 at 9:14 am |
  14. GG

Joel Olsteen is a coward.

October 17, 2012 at 6:59 am |
    • Da King

A man who proclaims God in this world if far from coward because God is with in him!

October 19, 2012 at 11:16 pm |
  15. Angie

he never answered the question, how can anyone be mad at him? LOL!!!! People kept overtalking him.

October 17, 2012 at 4:08 am |
  16. Godspeople

God said it thousands of years ago and science has proven it more than once.

October 17, 2012 at 3:20 am |
    • acheptler

And if you can't believe a neo-nazi site, who can you trust?

October 18, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
  17. gia

the other guy is a bully. Joel osteen seems to be afraid to say that we are all sinners gay or straight. we are to live are lives in accordance with gods word if you bei=lieve in god. God loves us all gay or straight but if u follow him u choose to follow his word and his desire for ur life. God knew sin would cause pain. to u and to him. So his word is a guide to live ur life to get to him.

October 16, 2012 at 9:25 pm |
    • Ian

How do you know what god says or thinks? How do you know what god loves or what HE knows?

October 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • LastManStanding

Didn't you listen??? Osteen said "We are all sinners." That really shocked Socarides. Watch it again and listen this time.

October 22, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  18. Ben

Joel Osteen is close-minded & backwards. I know many gay people & they are great people who are just as normal as straight people & they mind their own business and don't try to dictate ignorant views to others. I don't know why religions seek to divide people and condemn anybody who is different. Its just as dumb as saying all left-handed people are wrong & need to be converted to right-handed. Well guess what, left handed people were born that way. Gay people were born gay & there is nothing wrong with it. Religions are becoming more obsolete every day, the sooner we abandon them completely, the better off everyone will be.

October 16, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
    • Paul Wilson

Eventually,the ONLY religious people will be the crackpots who deserve guillotining and denial of burial !

October 17, 2012 at 10:43 am |
    • Joel

"The better off we will be."
      Wow what a declaration. I'd go back and check your history if you feel that Athiest nations are the answer. Can you tell me which nations they were? The Soviet Union and China come to mind. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you think they have had a whole new set of problems? I would contend due directly to the exclusion of a higher moral authority concept, they had little or no concept of the value of mankind.
      Whether we chose to accept it or not, there is ultimate truth that is determined by God. Sorry that you are having a hard time dealing with that.
      The issue is not about who is nice or a "great" person. I'm sure even the worst person may have one redeeming quality. The real point, from a Christian perspective is whether I recognize that my sin does need forgiveness from my creator.

October 17, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
    • Chris

No body is born gay, it is a choice.

October 17, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • sam stone

Based on what, Chris?

October 18, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
    • Jeff

Chris...a choice? How do you know? Have you chosen?

If not, don't hate. And please stop trying to stick your foot in your mouth. It is not becoming.

October 19, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  19. John

He would lift my spirits if he kept quiet on his opinions of things he doesn't understand.
    The Bible is irrelevant to those of us who don't buy it.

October 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
    • Trish

John,

Oh yes, the Bible – God's Word will become very relevant to you when you stand before His Holy Throne to face your judgement – without believing in Jesus Christ we all face the White Throne of judgement. Today is your day of salvation – repent for the Kingdom of God has come to man.

October 19, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • /// o \\\

God is something man-made, and in man's image. The Abrahamic religions of today are simply fable that are by-products of older fable (this includes all of the Bible, Trish). What your mind obtains begins as brainwashing. The brainwashed mind, as powerful as it is, at some point will effect self-brainwashing. Partial psychosis at a minimum.

October 19, 2012 at 11:52 am |
    • Da King

We Know!

October 19, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  20. whutevr

The sole problem with this entire issue of God and Jesus is too many people, especially the people pushing religion to the masses, they put too much emphasis on worshiping God/Jesus and reading a book that is thousands of years old. They've completely forgotten the part of what being a follower of Jesus is supposed to be. His message wasn't for people to worship him. He wanted people to do as he did. And, just as importantly, He told us not to judge one another for we are all sinners, we are all imperfect. The only people Joel Osteen needs to explain himself to are the people dumb enough to think this man is who they should emulate. Other than that, the rest of us don't care what he thinks and he should keep his opinions to himself and/or his sheep. I think the news organizations are at fault for continuing to push the issue but he should simply tell those that ask to come to his church and hear what he has to say there and get over it.

October 16, 2012 at 11:44 am |