home
RSS
Yom Kippur started Tuesday night. What are you atoning for?
September 25th, 2012

Yom Kippur started Tuesday night. What are you atoning for?

(CNN) - What have you atoned for? What would you atone for if you were into that sort of thing?

Tuesday evening marked the beginning of Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement, which Jews consider to be holiest day of the year. It's marked by a day-long fast.

Photos: Yom Kippur in Israel

In the spirit of the holiday, we put the question "What would you atone for?" to Twitter and got a range of responses, from silly to serious:

@JuneMDriedger
For faithlessness.

@heatherjochens
I would atone for my laziness and impatience. However, I am Catholic and I atone for about 40 days in Spring also.

@PennyofaThought
I don't need to atone for anything. Jesus Christ already atoned for every wrong thing I've ever done or will do.

@llieNOtreB
in 3rd grade I pushed my sister down the stairs and blamed it on the dog.

What about you? What are you atoning for? What would you atone for if you did celebrate the holiday?

Or maybe you already did some serious atoning this year, during Lent or Ramadan. Whatever the case, share your atonement stories with us, and we'll update this post with the best responses.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Holidays • Judaism

1. Claire

If god is all-merciful, why should I have to "atone" for anything? I should be able to just ask forgiveness, and get it (and why I would even need to ask is a whole other question too).

Funny, the gods that people make.

September 26, 2012 at 11:37 am |
    • deb

Claire

I want to respond to your question in a way that is not offensive. The God I pray to requires that we ask His forgiveness of our wrongs and sins in the name of Jesus.
      He requires this as a way of building a relationship with us and to get us to acknowledge that we know we have done wrong and are sorry.
      It is very much like a toddler telling mommy and daddy they are sorry for spilling their milk after they were told not to spill their milk.
      God knows all but He wants us to make the effort to talk to Him and tell Him we are sorry.
      I hope this helps with your question.

September 26, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
    • Claire

No, deb, that doesn't answer the question at all. It just makes your beliefs look even more silly.

Always funny to hear what an omnipotent creature needs and wants, though. Keep up the non-think. It's hilarious.

September 26, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
    • holly

wow Claire,
      You sure are one negative know it all aren't you? Deb answered you kindly, and you reply with hate and judgement against her faith? Deb doesn't sound silly; you sound like a b!*ch

September 26, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
    • Claire

holly, better to be a bitch than the fat,ugly, stupid sleazebag that you are.

Seriously, my response was very appropriate to bitch deb's patronizing one. You can expect more of that tone as the world wakes up to the bigotry and evil that Christians have been getting away with for centuries, and as the fiction known as Christianity becomes exposed for what it is.

September 26, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • George

Cat fight! Cat fight! The claws are out. I'm betting on Claire. She's throwing better punches.

September 26, 2012 at 1:27 pm |
    • Russ

I bet holly and deb are the same person. Too similar.

September 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • Chad

Factually speaking, Claire is quite right; deb didn't answer the question.

deb, knowingly or otherwise,you did just put up the standard smokescreen, or try to. Comparing Claire to a child was also unlikely to get a good resonse, too, and was obviously offensive, despite your claim.

deb, I'm calling you a liar. Worse of one if you are holly too. An examplary Christian you seem to be, anyway.

September 26, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
  2. Sunday all day

Nothing....I am perfect...chosen people :))

September 26, 2012 at 11:36 am |
    • RealChristian

You are so lost...the good news however is that you are not too lost to be found and saved! Jesus loves you even if you dont beleive or accept it – so much so that he died for you. Unbeleiveable eh? but because of his death and resurrection you now have the ability to make these kinds of comments and think these thoughts... and you can still be saved. Awesome, awesome when you really think about it. Jesus is searching for you, will you receive him today? Only then will you really and truly understand what this is all about.

September 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  3. snowboarder

forgiveness without contrition and atonement is meaningless.

September 26, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  4. paul

The apostle Paul a murderer of Jews said... "I am a sinner saved by grace." I wish that all my Jewish friends whom I love & care about a Happy Yom Kippur & most important of all I wish them Jesus.

September 26, 2012 at 11:34 am |
    • Kebby

Erm... Happy doesn't really enter into it...

September 26, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
  5. Cosmo

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.”

September 26, 2012 at 11:32 am |
    • ALLAH

amen to that!

September 26, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
  6. PraiseTheLard

Well, the Jews SHOULD "atone" for introducing to the world this ridiculous notion of a single "Deity"... utter nonsense...

September 26, 2012 at 11:27 am |
    • mark

Wow yr perfect......... I want be just like you... NOT !!!!!!!

September 26, 2012 at 11:45 am |
    • Finally see the Light

I am constantly amazed at people like praisethelard, your intelligence and insight inspire me to throwup!

September 26, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
  7. Eric G

Freedom of religion does not equate to freedom from ridicule.

September 26, 2012 at 11:27 am |
  8. JustaJew

It amazes me that many of the comments to this article have to do with Jesus being the only path to salvation. Yet I wonder if the folks that post such remarks realize that Jesus was a Jew and there is a high probability that he attended Yom Kippur services and practiced the Jewish traditions. They should also remember that many modern day Jews still do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah, and therefore can find salvation by other means. My message is simply that, there are many paths to forgiveness, not just Jesus. For Jews its the Day of Atonement. For those that believe in Jesus, good for you, but leave the Jews to their beliefs and the Muslims to theirs.

September 26, 2012 at 11:24 am |
  9. cantilever

First, it's far better to call this a Holy Day than a 'holiday'.
    Second, although it's never made explicit in texts, the idea of atonement, to Jews, is not really forgiveness and self-improvement. Jews atone for being imperfect followers of the many commandments of the Torah. The commandments are the center of Jewish theology. They deal with being a 'good and generous person', but they mostly deal with obeying and venerating God and god's creations through prayer and other rituals.
    Therefore, you are not really 'forgiven' on Yom Kippur, you are ritually cleansed, if you acknowledge that you have been imperfect in observing God's laws and if you commit to trying to follow them in the future.
    It is true that 'forgiveness' is a word that is used, and it does connote being forgiven for defects of character. But the better and more traditional analogy is to being forgiven a debt. (I'm not an expert and would welcome other views.)

The Christian idea of forgiveness is radically different. The Catholics emphasize contrition and personal role and responsibility in forgiveness, and the fundamentalists, at the other end, emphasize Christ as savior, and the role of blind faith rather than detailed contrition for errors, although that is also part of it.

September 26, 2012 at 11:16 am |
  10. clubschadenfreude

As with most religions, Judaism isn't any thing special or correct. We have Lent and Yom Kippur, among other ways to apologize to a god. Nothing showings real yet.

Dear imaginary friend, I'm sorry for offending you by being a modern human being and finding your whole religion either very primtive and nasty or simply hilarious with your inablity to actually help humans, telling them that to cure leperosy (Leviticus 14) one has to use birds, one alive, one dead and dip the live bird into the dead one's blood, along with some greenery, and splash a building. Umm, where were the instructions that would actually work or heck, instructions to use blue bread mold?

I simply have to laugh when you declare that a menstruating woman is somehow "unclean" when you're the one who supposedly created the process yourself. I have to cringe when I read how you approve of genocide so "your people" can get land to live on, and how you commited genocide yourself in a magical flood that left no evidence. Honestly, the whole thing is just too silly. With some people sure that Yom Kippur is the way to atone and some thinking that Lent is where it's at, it's more than obvious that none of these people have some greater knowledge than the rest.

I'll be sure to give Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy your best.

September 26, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Chad

@clubschadenfreude "Dear imaginary friend, I'm sorry for offending you by being a modern human being and finding your whole religion either very primtive and nasty or simply hilarious with your inablity to actually help humans, telling them that to cure leperosy (Leviticus 14)"
      @Chad "you do realize that those regulations were for ceremonial cleansing.. They are not in the bible as actual cures for a disease.

you can make fun of the need for ceremonial cleansing, but you cant accuse God of listing ineffective actual cures. That isnt accurate.

September 26, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  11. Gerard Francis Amalraj

JESUS CHRIST the SON OF GOD is the only everlasting atonement for all the sins of all mankind.

The Bible clearly says in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

The Bible clearly says in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

Anyone can pray this simple prayer to ask Jesus to forgive their sins. "God, I am a sinful person but I know that you still love me. I believe that You sent your only begotten Son Jesus Christ for me to die on the cross. Lord Jesus, You died for my sins on the cross and paid the price for my sins. I believe you rose from the dead and that You are alive today to give me hope, a future and a life. Lord Jesus I pray to You to forgive me of all of my sins. Thank you for loving me so much. I make You my personal Savior and receive You into my heart. I believe that You have forgiven all of my sins. My God, I ask and pray this in Jesus' name. Amen."

– – May God richly bless you in Jesus Christ!!
    – – – – – – – – – – – – Gerard Francis Amalraj.

September 26, 2012 at 11:05 am |
    • Huebert

Do you have any evidence for your claim that Jesus is the son of god?

September 26, 2012 at 11:10 am |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@ Huebert:

It requires faith to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Faith is defined in the Bible in Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Do you have any evidence to disprove that Jesus is the Son of God?

September 26, 2012 at 11:20 am |
    • PraiseTheLard

It requires "faith"... you say... another word for a suspension of critical thinking – or, for that matter, thinking of any kind...

September 26, 2012 at 11:22 am |
    • talesfromthemotherland

Strange that you choose to respond to a post about a JEWISH holiday, with Christian preaching. Please be respectful and realize that not all of us are Christians.

September 26, 2012 at 11:29 am |
    • Veritas

Gerard. You seem to overlook that the starting point here is that religions claim there is a god to explain nature, etc. The christian religions futher claim that jesus is the son of their god. So religions injected god and jesus, so they need to prove it. You weren't born a believer – you learned from your parents (most likely) or some other way; so it's not the natural order

September 26, 2012 at 11:33 am |
    • Huebert

@Gerard

Stop trying to shift the burden of proof, it's on you. You are the one claiming that Jesus is special. If I told you I can fly you would say "prove it". If I then said "No, you prove I can't fly." you would, rightly, call me crazy and leave.

You are asking me to prove that you can't fly, which I won't do. So kindly provide evidence for your position, or admit that you can't defend it.

September 26, 2012 at 11:35 am |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@ talesfromthemotherland:

I was clearly respectful toward everybody's sentiments in my language and the way I put my thoughts because I love all mankind. Please bear in mind that I talk of Jesus who was born in Bethlehem Ephrathah in the province of Judea by the will of God. Many Christians know this fact and I too know it.

While Jesus was on earth, He was referred to as a 'jew'. I have high respect for jews and for the Tanakh (Torah + Neviem + Ketuvim) which is the Old Testament of the Christians. The Old Testament is the foundation of the New Testament (Brit Chadashah).

Believe me when I say that I love jews and I respect jewish sentiments but the truth remains that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only everlasting atonement for all sins of all mankind.

May God bless you in Jesus!!

September 26, 2012 at 11:54 am |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@Huebert:

I would like to first know the reason as to why do you disbelieve that Jesus is the Son of God.

September 26, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
    • Veritas

Gerard. You're tap-dancing around. You said jesus is the son of your god. The duty of proof falls on those who claim supernatural beings. Supernatural beings are the inventions of primitive peoples in an attempt to explain nature and the world we live in. For the last few centuries we've had science which is gradually explaining all we see with repeatable experiments and facts.

September 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@Veritas:

Contrary to what you mentioned, religions cannot inject God and Jesus into themselves. The first cause is not religion.
      The first cause is God / Jesus. People who truly follow Jesus Christ (or at least claim to truly follow Jesus) are called Christians. The faith gets the name Christianity with the starting point and the end point being Jesus.

Jesus said in the Bible in Revelation 1:8, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”"
      Revelation 22:13 says, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

I was surely not born a believer but when I consider the teachings of Jesus (in comparison to other 'teachers of faith') that they conform to reality and the truth, immediately I can see the supernatural in Jesus. The teachings of other 'teachers of faith' do not conform to reality. Only Jesus shows us the true condition of our heart and the desperate need of forgiveness of sins. He gives us meaning in life. Life without Him is empty. He alone knows how to lift us without flattering us; and He alone knows how to humble us without humiliating us.

May God bless you in Jesus!!

September 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Veritas

Dude, if you've got nothing to back it up, you're a lost cause. Spouting verses from the bible only proves you can read.

September 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
    • Finally see the Light

Veritas what epiphany did you have to KNOW that God doesn't exist???? It is funny how atheist seem to claim to have all this knowledge. They know that God doesn't exist. How? because it doesn't make sense? Well it doesn't make sense to me either, yet I believe. Maybe they are smart and I am not; yet I graduated from college with honors, have a graduate degree, straight "A'" and am successful in my career. I have a beautiful wife and three great kids who are all very good students. So I don't have the trappings of a delusional m0r0n. I have faith, but so do atheist, they have faith that there is no God. They don't have proof. They have faith when they drive a car that the persons who built the car did a good job, when they fly in a plane, that the pilot is a good well trained pilot, when they eat, that the food is of good quality and not poisoned. I do not agree with them but so many of my friends are atheist and agnostic, I don't call them unintelligent or other pejoritive names.
      I celebrate Yom Kippur as well because like all people I have many sins to atone to. I worship the God of Israel, of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, the God of the Universe. I am a Jesus follower, not a Christian, a term coined by people who hated followers of The Way. I do not expect my jewish brothers and sisters to believe in my faith in Christ for they are the Chosen people of God.

September 26, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
    • truthwins

the problem with convertees like you are that you act and behave as if you re the first descendants of Jesus and mind you, you all converted to christianity for money and not for the truth and no religion says or follows truth. I am appalled at your statement that "JESUS CHRIST the SON OF GOD is the only everlasting atonement for all the sins of all mankind" and it proves that you are receiving quite good money for propagating this religion among persons who would sell their soul for money. For your information, religion does not guarantee anything to you other than hatred and the way you tried to project a person who died 2000 years aslo I am sure all those persons who talk about religion so passionately are at the border line of being criminals.
      if any of your statements is true will you bother to respond to the following?
      it is not possible for a dead person to know what all sins (I still do not know what is a sin and why should I bother about hell when I do not know about it or seen it or experienced it) and secondly is the sin transferable and if yes why cannot I give my sins to an ant or a plant or to a glass and feel relieved? then what is Karma and personal ownership and if we expand the theory of Jesus dying for future generations why cannot I commit a crime and ask a goat to serve the prison sentence since I can pass on my sins and crimes to another living thing. and when the god did not appear to prevent the world war I or world War II or did not come to stop Hitler from killing so many innocents should i think he will come now? and what was the need for him to be born 2000 years ago when his need was more during world wars and in another angle, by appearing 2000 years ago what did he really change in this world, other than making some people rich and super rich for preaching his name. or even if he comes now what is stopping him from starting another religion. also when a person who was so close to God, ate, drank, and lived with GOD could sell the God for few silvers and the God could not even change one person or the God's presence did not make one bad person good, how can he be good to future generations who just heard or read about him. Religion is nothing but money making business.
      and please don't use the preachers language of "I love all mankind" because that is a blatant lie. You love only christians and hate others else you would not be trying to convert innocent hindus.

September 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • truthwins

if any of your statements is true will you bother to respond to the following?
      it is not possible for a dead person to know what all sins the future generations going to commit
      when Jesus did not prevent the world war I or world War II or did not come to stop Hitler from killing so many innocents should i think he will come now?
      by appearing 2000 years ago what did he really change in this world, other than making some people rich and super rich for also when a person who was so close to God, ate, drank, and lived with GOD could sell the God for few silvers and the God could not even change one person or the God's presence did not make one bad person good, how can he be change the billions of sinners to good human beings.

September 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
    • Huebert

Gerard

Why do I not believe that Jesus is the son of god you ask. Because their is no evidence for god's existence, and certainly no evidence that he ever had a son.

September 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • Henry

All hail to Mithra!

September 26, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
    • truthwins

if these are truths

this cannot be true
      "Please bear in mind that I talk of Jesus who was born in Bethlehem Ephrathah in the province of Judea by the will of God. Many Christians know this fact and I too know it"
      neither this
      "God, I am a sinful person but I know that you still love me. I believe that You sent your only begotten Son Jesus Christ for me to die on the cross. Lord Jesus, You died for my sins on the cross and paid the price for my sins"
      because you talk about birth and death – beginning and end of Jesus – and still you say in bible he says he is the beginning and end and if he is the beginning was he alive when the earth started with the big bang and is he still alive? if he was alive when the earth was formed why are you saying he was "born" and if he is still alive now why do you say he is dead? are you following the irony in your contradictions.. that is why I call all those passionate religionists as border line criminals because they dont tell the truth, ever.

September 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@ Huebert:

It is not the absence of proof of the existence of God; it is actually the suppression of proof.

God surely exists but an atheist chooses to disbelieve in God not because of intellectual reason but because of moral reasons. Atheists have a pre-commitment to that kind of world-view. Some atheists keep denying even when presented with many infallible proofs but some former-atheists like actor Kirk Cameron do come to accept and believe the fact that God exists and that Jesus is the only way of salvation.

I know of decent living atheists who are very intelligent but keep denying morality when presented with some startling facts.
      As an example: The probability of an enzyme in the body to come together by random chance is 10 to the power of 40,000. Do you know how much is 10 to the power of 40,000? That number is approximately equal to the number of atoms in all the galaxies of the known universe. Do you think getting that probability (1 / that-number) is practical? That remotest of remote chance is startling even to the most intelligent scientist. That real small number of probability to come together as an enzyme surely requires an intelligent mind (of God) that you are trying to disprove. And this is just one of the examples I could give you.

Again, an atheist denies the idea of God not for intellectual reasons but for moral reasons.

I hope you will get to know the truth of the existence of God.

May God bless you in Jesus!

October 2, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
    • Gerard Francis Amalraj

@ truthwins:

How do you say that the truth "Jesus is the Son of God" is not the truth? What is your point of reference to say that?

My point of reference to say that Jesus is the Son of God is the Bible. What is your point of reference to deny it?

Jesus clearly says in the Bible in John 14:6, "..I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to my Father except through Me."

And by the way, I did not accept Jesus to be my God for money!

The fact remains that Jesus shed His blood for me, for you and for all mankind.

Since you brought up the topic about hinduism, let me tell you that the Rigveda itself says that nobody can attain forgiveness of sins except by the shedding of the blood of One innocent Person (i.e. Person without sin). The whole world knows who that Person is – it is Jesus Christ.

May you get to know Jesus for through Him alone there is forgiveness of sins.

October 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  12. AvdBerg

Now make sure you check out the correct site http://www.gaychristian101.com/index.html ~ Thank you Jesus!!

September 26, 2012 at 10:54 am |
  13. AvdBerg

For a better understanding of the division that exists amongst the religions of this world and the history of Judaism,Islam and the Middle East we invite you to read the articles ‘World History and Developments in the Middle East’, ‘Clash of Civilizations’ and ‘CNN Belief Blog – Sign of the Times’, listed on our website http://www.aworlddeceived.ca

All of the other pages and articles listed on our website explain how and by whom this whole world has been deceived as confirmed in Revelation 12:9.

September 26, 2012 at 10:49 am |
    • TROLL ALERT

This poster is a troll on this site. They are proven liars and are only trying to sell their cult. Don't bother viewing their lying website, click the report abuse link instead!

September 26, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  14. thetruth

Imagine that, CNN doing a positive article on religion. If this were a Christian holiday, or God forbid a Catholic holiday (on Easter CNN's main article disputed the existence of Jesus), CNN would do everything in its power to let the public know how absolutely foolish and absurd it is. My favorite thing about CNN is that the writers and editors are always so fair and open-minded, talented bunch they are.

September 26, 2012 at 10:38 am |
    • facefur

Kinda reminds you of Fox News, doesn't it?

September 26, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  15. David Taylor Jr.

We can't atone for anything, only Christ can take away the sin of the world.

September 26, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

What's that son? You hit little Timmy next door? Apologize immediately!
      No no – not to Timmy! Tell Jesus that you're sorry.

September 26, 2012 at 10:40 am |
      • David Taylor Jr.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to get across...

September 26, 2012 at 11:09 am |
    • Ally821

I'd be afraid to follow a religion whose God killed his own innocent 'son' for sins he never even committed. Where is the justification in that? And why would God even need a son? Is HE not capable of forgiving sins on HIS own? Of course HE is! So whats the middle man about? Nothing! Jesus was a mighty Messenger of God...and nothing more. Stop the blasphemy people!

September 26, 2012 at 10:54 am |
      • David Taylor Jr.

Jesus was not a middle man. He is God the Son, he and the Father are one God. The Holy Spirit is the same God. He laid down His life for us to save us from our sins then came back to life to reign eternally. One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. There is no blasphemy here.

September 26, 2012 at 11:08 am |
  16. Fred

All religion is dumb.

September 26, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • PraiseTheLard

You're too kind...

September 26, 2012 at 11:24 am |
  17. crappygovernment

Will they atone for blacklisting Tebow for his outspoken Christianity?

September 26, 2012 at 10:24 am |
    • tallulah13

So you really think Tebow was traded because he was a christian? Don't you think it had more to do with the fact that he wasn't really skilled enough to be an NFL quarterback? The object of the game is to win, not to pray every time you actually get something right.

September 26, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  18. barfly

religions, what morons

September 26, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  19. Roadturn

Seems to me the point of Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement) is that I am not able to "atone" for my error–that if there is any hope for me at all, the cure must come from my Creator. My job is not to atone, but to admit. Having done that, I can joyfully accept forgiveness and look forward to the coming year, desiring to walk in Wisdom and in Truth.

September 26, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • JPX

I'm so happy that I don't allow religious nonsense to guide my life. Can you imagine fasting for religion? If there was a god (there isn't, of course) would the god really care whether or not you ate food? Religion is silly.

September 26, 2012 at 10:05 am |
    • Just a John

@Roadturn
      Atone, pretty lame if you ask me. I screwed up but it is OK for now, see you next year, thanks. Now I really like being Born Again, no matter what kind of evil SOB you may have been or what sin you have committed, being Born Again washes it all away. Hallelujah!!! See you next month.

September 26, 2012 at 10:26 am |
    • Ally821

@JPX:

So I assume you came into existence from a drop of liquid...by what?...chance? How can you explain where his entire universe and all it's uncountable living things(which no 2 are alike) that dwell in it came from? And whatever it is you come up with, where did even THAT come from. Don't you think there has to be a much more supreme and intelligent unseen presence among us? How do you explain psychics who are able to communicate with 'people' whose bodies have already been devoured by the earth? Where did that spirit come from? May GOD, the one Who created you, guide you and have mercy upon you.

September 26, 2012 at 11:08 am |
  20. Ted

The one thing I really need to atone for is voting for Obama four years ago. Many others are also guilty of that. This is a terrible sin which should never be committed again.

September 26, 2012 at 9:36 am |
    • JPX

Oh yeah, Ted? It seems to me that Obama is ahead in every poll and in every swing state. Obama will easily win the election. Why not atone for voting for Bush/Cheney? Obama is still trying to clean up the mess they made over an 8 year period.

September 26, 2012 at 10:07 am |
    • Guest 345

@JPX you lead your life however you'd like and stop making fun of anyone else's believes or lack there of. I ,unlike you, can appreciate the devotion and self sacrifice made during this day. I am not Jewish, but I can appreciate a day to let go of your past errors and start anew with the reassurance that a higher being accepts that you are not perfect and is encouraging to try to better your self in the upcoming year.

September 26, 2012 at 10:27 am |
    • Cora Grace

jpx now you are saying might is right. You scare me dude. If someone does not want to believe ok. If someone wants to vote and then regret it that should be ok too. No one should be allowed to force like mindedness.

September 26, 2012 at 11:22 am |