home
RSS
October 17th, 2012

Bible Belt Christian pretends to be gay

Timothy Kurek talks to HLN's "Evening Express" team about why he pretended to be gay for a year.

- A. Hawkins

Filed under: Christianity

1. STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

Human call me to seek "competent professional mental help" for speaking truth absolute of ALLAH or ELLAH, absurdity of monkey goons, denier of truth absolute of Bible Belt Christians with Gays on Their Minds.

October 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  2. STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

Follower's of Christianity, but hindu Mithra ism, pagan savior ism in reality are hindu, denier of truth absolute GOD and traitors to American consti tution founded not on hinduism, corruption of truth absolute religion's, but truth absolute GOD, deserving not of any precognition as a person of nobility, but a hindu, criminal, anti America.
    "Diests" mean's nothing else but believer of truth absolute as GOD, none other , founding fathers rejected hinduism, corruption of truth absolute, religion's and obeyed truth absolute GOD, and made truth absolute God, foundation of American consti tution. Period.
    there is big time misunderstand of word Secular, Atheist Jew or hindu, self center ism by fundamentals of language, they are not noun's but an adjective, an act of a person in a given state, Human can never be in state of hinduism, denial of truth absolute in a permanent state. So to claim to be a hindu, Jew, Atheist or a secular in permanent state is hinduism, denial of truth absolute, Truth absolute is GOD, foundation of American consti tution and essence of existence for every one thing, and matter. As it is quoted by
    Rainer Braendlein
    America needs the divine wisdom of the genuine American Benjamin Franklin again.

Benjamin Franklin, the First American, about the faith (this is from his Autobiography which is even available online):

I had been religiously educated as a Presbyterian; and tho' some of the dogmas of that persuasion, such as the eternal decrees of God, election, reprobation, etc., appeared to me unintelligible, others doubtful, and I early absented myself from the public assemblies of the sect, Sunday being my studying day, I never was without some religious principles. I never doubted, for instance, the existence of the Deity; that he made the world, and govern'd it by his Providence; that the most acceptable service of God was the doing good to man; that our souls are immortal; and that all crime will be punished, and virtue rewarded, either here or hereafter. These I esteem'd the essentials of every religion; and, being to be found in all the religions we had in our country, I respected them all, tho' with different degrees of respect, as I found them more or less mix'd with other articles,

which, without any tendency to inspire, promote, or confirm morality, served principally to divide us, and make us unfriendly to one another. Fouding father's were perfectly right to reject hinduism, denial of truth absolute GOD, because religion's were created by hindu's, criminals by hinduism, corruption of truth absolute GOD.
    To see what founding father's of America were in realization and reason they rejected religion's as part of American consti tution please visit, limitisthetruth.com. .

October 17, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  3. Stop The Presses! Seriously. Five copies of this turkey will be more than enough.

Why did he pretend to be gay? He wants money and his fifteen minutes.

Well duh, he's just another dingbat Christian who decided to write a book, and CNN is helping pimp it for him.

Didn't consider his audience very well, did he? No Christian is going to read his blasphemy, and no gay is going to put up with a poser's eye view of what they have already experienced.

Very lame and self-interested, buddy.

October 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  4. Jeffrey

Women aren't shy about baring it all in front of a gay man. Maybe that's why he wanted to pretend to be gay.

October 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
  5. Roman

He broke one of the commandments, by lying to the gays, making them believe he was gay. "Thou shalt not bare false witness".

October 17, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • sam

Wow, how much do you suppose he bared?? I didn't think he'd take it that far!

October 17, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • Ursa

sam,

I dunno, but I've heard that some gay men like to bear bare bears!

(*"bear" is a slang term for a burly, macho gay man)

October 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  6. Roman

yeah, right, he "pretended" to be gay for a year. He looks pretty comfortable in that photo!

October 17, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  7. RGM

At least he was willing to go to extremes and now he is, hopefully, a better, more empathetic man for it.

October 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
    • gunnard larson

I agree. It's a strange thing to do, but it seems like he atleast had good intentions?

October 17, 2012 at 10:57 pm |
    • CosmicC

I don't know about his intentions. All I can tell for certain is that this is a pretty poor excuse for journalism.

October 19, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
  8. toad

Timothy's pretend 69 rim-job was pretty close to the real thing. At least that's what the Motel 6 staff says. They get everything on tape you know.

October 17, 2012 at 12:20 pm |
  9. Marcus

Interesting....it didnt feel like he was pretending to be gay when I encountered him at the White Swallow Book Store.

October 17, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  10. STOP MURDER OF CHILDREN , Human be aware of hindu filthy dog's of hindu Atheism, self center ism , DENIAL OF TRUTH ABSOLUTE GOD.

absurdity of Pagans, all Christians pretend to be gays, goons, when they shake hands, they squeeze little harder, goons, corruption of GAWD.

October 17, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • Inis Magrath

Please seek competent professional mental help before you hurt yourself or someone else. Also, your caps-lock key on your keyboard seems to be flaky.

October 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm |
    • Micky Mouseism source of Filthy word saladism

Word Salad is the Source of intellectual dishonisty and delusionalism, seek a coherant form of communication before it is too late!

October 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm |
  11. Jim Simpson

I've got another news story for you CNN. Hitler was only pretending to be an anti-semite. If given enough time he would have let everyone in on the joke.

October 17, 2012 at 10:32 am |
    • ???

Huh?

October 17, 2012 at 10:58 am |
    • Sam Yaza

Hitler and I are in he same band, so i can say with 100% certainty that this is true... wait we are talking about Susan

October 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
    • gunnard larson

enough about hitler already. this guy and hitler have nothing in common.

October 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm |
  12. HarryJ

His mom wrote that she'd have rather been told that she had terminal cancer than that she had a gay son. That's really some incredibly sick programming. Bible Belt Christianity is a cult, a very big one, but still a cult.

October 17, 2012 at 9:59 am |
    • JD

Yes it is.

October 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  13. Ting

No one gets sick(vomits) prior to "pretending" to be gay. Did he "pretend" to kiss another man? Did he "pretend" to have se x with another man? Too bad he is religious and can't be himself. Ted Haggart should have used this one. "I was only pretending to be gay."

October 17, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • Len

Knowing how his family and community would react, of course he got sick. I'm not him and I get sick just thinking how they reacted at first. They've been programmed to believe that being gay is equivalent to being a child molester. It's just amazing how many choose to just accept what their pastors say instead of actually THINKING about the issue.

October 17, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • myweightinwords

From what I've read on the man, he didn't engage in any relationships.

You do know that not every gay person is IN a relationship, yes?

He merely chose to tell people he was gay, and to live among the gay community to better understand them.

While there are a myriad things wrong with what he did, I gotta give the man kudos for the effort. Not many evangelical Christians that I've ever met would be willing to do this. He subjugated himself to some of the most vile hatred and ostracization from those he loved. Takes balls.

October 17, 2012 at 10:29 am |
    • Ting

Usually when someone does something like this they write a book or make a doc umentary. I don't recall the video indicating he did either of those. My point is that he probably came out of the closet and didn't like the way he was treated and found a way to get back in. That is sad if it's true. If not, then he should have shot a film or kept a diary and written a book. He could have made a lot of money. A lot of people would be interested to hear about his experience.

October 18, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  14. Oppa gangnam style!

Why do the focus so much attention to this? Jesus had something to say to the deeply religious people who thought they knew it all.

October 17, 2012 at 7:51 am |
    • Lt

Yes, if Jesus were to come back today he'd be butting heads with the Conservative Right just as he did with the Pharisees in his own time.

Pharisee |ˈfarəsē|
      noun
      a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanct.ity.
      • a self-righteous person; a hypocrite.

Bible Belt Christians usually act just like this. Ironic, isn't it?

October 17, 2012 at 10:28 am |
    • Sam Yaza

yup, when i point this out to evangelicals,.. there always speechless

October 17, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • gunnard larson

acording to christians, if jesus was to come back today he'd be surrounded by angles blowing trumpets and the dead would rise and all the chosen people would fly up to heaven and the rest of us would be left in a he ll on earth for the next couple of thousand years. So. I'm kind of glad that there isn't a jesus and that he isn't coming back.

before you christians get all huffy, and tell me that there was a jesus and his existance can be proved, i'm not arguing with you there, simply that he isn't anylonger. what he once was is now dirt and a dangerous memory.

but none of that has anything to do with this guy who pretended to be gay so I will add that as a "prodigal son" I have to say that rejecting the cult is a good way to instantly lose all your friends and family. I've done it. He was pretty committed to his curiosity.

October 17, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
    • Lt

gunnard larson
      Only Christians would welcome an alien invader intent upon destroying the planet.

October 18, 2012 at 12:13 am |
    • fintastic

@gunnard........... Right on the money!

November 8, 2012 at 8:53 am |
  15. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

October 17, 2012 at 4:33 am |
    • Suck on this

October 17, 2012 at 4:52 am |
    • Tod

Sock puppet.

October 17, 2012 at 9:52 am |
    • Tod

Just to let people know, when you respond to "Atheism is" you're not actually responding to a Bible Belt Christian, he's actually a non-believer using this as a straw man.

He slipped out of character in the recent "Spiritual, but not religious" article where he posted

"If people weren't barraged with absurdities from the religious there'd be no such decisions to make."

Honestly, does that sound like "Atheism is..." to anyone? His usual post appears on that page, but someone just forgot to switch user names on the next one.

October 17, 2012 at 10:18 am |
    • Jesus

You're a proven liar. Prayer does not; you are such a LIAR. You have NO proof it changes anything! A great example of prayer proven not to work is the Christians in jail because prayer didn't work and their children died. For example: Susan Grady, who relied on prayer to heal her son. Nine-year-old Aaron Grady died and Susan Grady was arrested.

October 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • .

"Ronald Regonzo" who degenerates to:
      "truth be told" degenerates to:
      "The Truth" degenerates to:
      "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to:
      "another repentant sinner" degenerates to:
      "Dodney Rangerfield" degenerates to:
      "tina" degenerates to:
      "captain america" degenerates to:
      "Atheist Hunter" degenerates to:
      "Anybody know how to read? " degenerates to:
      "just sayin" degenerates to:
      "Kindness" degenerates to:
      "Chad" degenerates to
      "Bob" degenerates to
      "nope" degenerates to:
      "2357" degenerates to:
      "WOW" degenerates to:
      "fred" degenerates to:
      "!" degenerates to:
      "pervert alert"

This troll is not a christian:..

October 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
  16. Bippy, the Most Humble and Tongue-Confessing Knee-Bowing Born-Again Squirrel-Christian

My friends, my fans, I have been saved! I have finally found the Lord, the light, the shepherd, glorious Jesus! Yes brothers, I was truly verily at rock-bottom, in the depths of all that atheist anger and despair and immorality, just depraved, yes I admit it, I was watching Gilligan's Island and eating cheetos!

Oh the anger! Oh the darkness!

And then brothers, like a warm sunset wind, I was embraced in the loving arms of the Lord in a brilliant flash of light! Jesus spoke to me! He said "Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down!" clearly meaning he had saved me and that I am now his most favorite buddy ever.

Sniffy Bob said I got some of that brown acorn from Woodstock, but I know the truth when I hallucinate it!

Ah! the joy of knowing that I am now right there with BuddyJesus! I scampered across the street and only lost part of my tail to that crazed swervy atheist swine buckyball, who was angrily driving his buckytrucky and singing along to KC And The Sunshine Band, smiling and whistling in that way atheists do when they are really angry but hiding it. Yeah.

And so I scampered straight into the nearest church and said "Praise the Lord! I am SAVED!! I was an atheist but now I have seen the light!!!" Then I saw the light again, but this time it turned out to be gunflashes, as I was deep in the whiskey-shotgun South when I had my furry epiphany, and the church was full of guys named Cleetus and large spherical women named Edna who seemed to think squirrels are good eatin', saved or not.

So I decided that others have had my experience, and they have found the cold hard cash of BuddyJesus' love on the book-and-speaking circuit, and now I am on a nationwide tour of 739 trailer park churches, spreading the good news and sharing their wealth.

I am saved. God is good. Marjoe Gortner is my hero.

October 17, 2012 at 4:05 am |
    • WASP

@again: you're not the real bippy. easy way to tell is bippy is usually foaming at the mouth and rabid attacker of christian propaganda.

October 17, 2012 at 7:49 am |
    • tallulah13

I'm a big fan of the buckytrucky.

October 17, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • Bippy, the Verily Born-Again Squirrel-Christian

NOT THE TRUE BIPPY!!! NAY!!!! NAY I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!! NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are nothing but a dirty atheist libtard nay-sayer, and there is nothing lower than a nay-sayer!!! Nay-sayers are the smelliest, most bad-breathy fetch-doggy toadies of humans on the planet!!! I say NAY to you, most verily! Nay I say . . .

Wait a minute . . .

I am Bippy, and I have been embraced in the loving inviso-arms of BuddyJesus, for I just cannot lose Pascal's Wager, so I am placing my bet with BuddyJ!!! I call him BJ for short, though when I go up to people on the street and tell them the good news about getting BJ in my life, I get strange responses. I either get my incredibly handsome furry little face slapped, or very-well dressed men invite me over for Chardonnay around 6 o'clock, and those get a little weird.

But I digress.

But of course, I got to thinking, as a squirrel is wont to do, and I realized that I needed to convert to all religions to cover the bet properly, so I am now" Bippy, the Born-Again Follower Of Every Religion Including A Super-Secret Wiccan Scientology Kabballah Sect But Not That Evil-Worshiping "Eat Squirrels" Religion That Coyotes Follow (What Depraved Scum They Are)."

It makes for a busy schedule, all that praying and whatever to all those different gods, sacrifices to Apollo at 8, another Muslim prayer at 9, but the good news is that everyday is a religious holiday for me, so I get 100% paid vacation.

So just keep a watching as I drop by and share my adventures in Religionlandia, sharing my stories and giving you the truthiest truths, not that angry science facts evidence nonsense you are being lied to with. Facts are the tools of Satan. Of all the Satans. Except the Malaganzese Satan, a plumber named Larry who uses wrenches as his satan-tools. Larry isn't much of a devil, as it turns out. Fixing people's leaky plumbing just isn't as terrifying as you might think. He should have been a dentist of a clown. Darn little scarier than a dentist or a clown. If I ever go back to inventing my own religions so I can be head of them again, like Joseph Smith and Jesus did, I am going to have my satan be Clown Dentist Satan.

Oh crap! I am late for prayers to Pele again. She blasts out volcanos if she is mad, so I got to go.

October 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  17. Righteo

Here is what is really happening: He actually is gay, he came out, then after a year of the inevitable Christian pressure and repression, after all the intense conflict that deep Christian programming would inflict upon him, he knuckled under and said "it was all a test!"

Let's face it: there is NO WAY anyone would do something like that unless he was gay. He came out then threw up. Right. Lived a lie for a year, lying to everybody. Right.

October 17, 2012 at 3:32 am |
    • Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I think you hit the nail on the head mr righteo.

October 17, 2012 at 7:54 am |
    • RGM

Why couldn't he have done this with the intentions he stated. Lots of people step into the shoes of others to find out what it's like.

October 17, 2012 at 10:00 am |
    • Lt

There are plenty of young evangelicals who haven't totally bought into the programming yet. Why aren't you encouraging them?

October 17, 2012 at 10:31 am |
  18. Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

Oh my god. He IS gay. "I just pretended to be gay" Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He IS gay as a 2 dollar bill. Listen to him.
    He is obviously ONE conflicted, screwed up guy. How utterly sad. 100 dollars in 1 year, he will be screwing around with guys. Who is he kidding. This is what the Bible Belt produces. "I would rather have terminal cancer than have a gay son". No WONDER he has to live a fake life. ...

October 17, 2012 at 2:44 am |
    • thecollegeadmissionsguru

Hey, I am a product of the Bible Belt, and thankfully, I was able to tear myself away from the whole nonsense that is religion. But, I do know some guys like him that are closet gays, but choose to be "normal" so as to not feel the wrath of their family. Imagine what I went through with my family when they found out I was an... GASP.... Atheist....

October 17, 2012 at 2:49 am |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

Look at the picture. He's as happy as a clam. Sorry people. He's a liar. Often coming out is a "process", of back and forth for a while. He's obviously "in" the process.

October 17, 2012 at 2:52 am |
    • thecollegeadmissionsguru

Fluffy, I agree with you on that. Trouble is, he's already told his family for a year, they were getting used to the idea, and now they will have to do it all over again. Sad, really.

October 17, 2012 at 2:57 am |
  19. Jesus is Dead.

October 17, 2012 at 2:43 am |
    • fintastic

That comment from his mother is just unbelievable!!!!

November 8, 2012 at 8:58 am |
  20. thecollegeadmissionsguru

I have to say this, it's sad this young man had to go to all this trouble just to learn something that should have been easy to understand. It's called empathy, stupid.

October 17, 2012 at 2:34 am |
    • random1

No secrets between sailors!

October 17, 2012 at 2:44 am |
    • RGM

Some people have to go to extremes to learn empathy. I'm glad he was brave enough to take the journey. Why can't people be happy that he learned something and is a different person at the end of it all?

October 17, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • myweightinwords

The problem is, when you are so deep within that particular kind of Christianity, empathy isn't...I was going to say easy, but that isn't right.

Just like everything else in that state of being, empathy is all twisted. You think you're empathizing, you think you're helping by projecting your own guilt over sin onto others and "showing them the light" without really understanding that what you're empathizing with isn't even real.

It takes something drastic, something big to cut through the brainwashing and dogma to true feeling, true emotion, and thereby true empathy.

It's sad, for certain. But having come out of that place, I know it to be true.

October 17, 2012 at 10:37 am |