home
RSS
October 22nd, 2012

Belief Blog's Morning Speed Read for Monday, October 22

By Arielle Hawkins, CNN

Here's the Belief Blog’s morning rundown of the top faith-angle stories from around the United States and around the world. Click the headlines for the full stories.

From the Blog:

CNN: Atheist billboard attacks Romney’s faith, but Mormons say it's misleading
When he campaigns in southern Florida on Monday, Mitt Romney will have an unwelcome traveling partner: a mobile billboard attacking his religion. The billboard on wheels, sponsored by American Atheists, attacks the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for its treatment of African-Americans and gays, though the church says the attacks are inaccurate.

CNN: Pope names first Native American saint
Sunday was a big day for Catholics in North America. Thousands of miles away in Rome, Pope Benedict XVI named 17th century Mohawk Kateri Tekakwitha the first Native American saint.

CNN: Is Obama the ‘wrong’ kind of Christian?
Historians may remember Obama as the nation’s first black president, but he’s also a religious pioneer. He’s not only changed people’s perception of who can be president, some scholars and pastors say, but he’s also expanding the definition of who can be a Christian by challenging the religious right’s domination of the national stage.

CNN: Quarterback moves to trademark 'Tebowing'
Thou shalt not Tebow, for the wages of Tebowing is trademark infringement. A management and consulting firm representing New York Jets back-up quarterback and evangelical sports icon Tim Tebow has moved one step closer to holding the trademark "Tebowing" for use on things as widespread as clothing, pencil sharpeners and holiday ornaments.

CNN: Mother Marianne becomes an American saint
An American health care pioneer will receive the Roman Catholic Church's highest honor this weekend. On Sunday, Mother Marianne Cope – along with another North American, Kateri Tekakwitha – will become a saint, a designation so difficult to achieve that only 10 other Americans have been canonized before her. Saint Marianne Cope, as she will soon be known, may be best remembered for her work with patients suffering from Hansen's disease – or lepers, as they were called at the time.

CNN: Mali Islamists destroy tombs in Timbuktu
Al Qaeda-linked rebels in northern Mali destroyed historic and religious landmarks in Timbuktu on Thursday, claiming the relics are idolatrous, residents told CNN. Three four-wheel-drive trucks carrying at least 30 armed fighters arrived Thursday morning at three mausolea – all U.N. World Heritage sites – in the southern Timbuktu neighborhood of Kabara, two residents told CNN by phone.

Tweet of the Day:

[tweet https://twitter.com/HuffPostRelig/status/260191242942554113%5D

Belief on TV:

Enlightening Reads:

Religion News Service: State of the God Gap
So what's the current state of the God Gap? A good deal less robust than it was in 2008. Just in is a new Hartford Courant/UConn poll that tabulates presidential preference by frequency of (reported) worship attendance. And what we find is that frequent attenders prefer the GOP ticket (Romney/Ryan) by 51 percent to 43 percent. That's down by one-third from the 55-43 margin for the GOP (McCain/Pain) in 2008.

The Jerusalem Post: Britain’s deputy PM makes visit to Auschwitz
Britain’s Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg joined students from high schools and colleges from across the Southeast of Britain on a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau on Thursday. The visit was part of the Lessons from Auschwitz Project, run by the Holocaust Educational Trust, the London based charity which organizes for 3,000 students from the UK to visit the camp in Poland each year – two students from each institution of learning.

Reuters: Tweeting Turkish pianist Fazil Say denies religious insult charge
Turkish concert pianist Fazil Say’s exuberance has won him fans around the world, but it has also helped land him in court as a cause célèbre for those alarmed by Turkey’s creeping Islamic conservatism. On trial for insulting religion in citing a thousand-year-old poem on his Twitter account, the 42-year-old performer and composer told a first brief hearing in Istanbul on Thursday that he denied the charge, which can carry an 18-month sentence.

The Boston Globe: ‘Now or Later’ serves a powerful brew of religion, rights, and politics
Heaven knows there has been no shortage this month of high-profile, and occasionally high-temperature, political debates. But the clash of ideas in the Huntington Theatre Company production of Christopher Shinn’s “Now or Later’’ contains an especially volatile ingredient, one that’s virtually guaranteed to bring even the most arcane arguments to a boil: family. A complex father-son relationship lies at the heart of Shinn’s nuanced and thought-provoking drama about freedom of speech, the West’s relationship with the Muslim world, the challenges to gay rights, presidential politics, the contradictions of liberalism, and the perils of fundamentalism, whatever the religion.

Religion News Service: ‘Distilled Spirits’ traces birth of New Age spirituality
Gerald Heard is the most influential religious thinker you’ve never heard of. Without Heard, some of the major spiritual developments of 20th-century America - the introduction of Eastern mysticism, the development of the human potential movement and the spiritual use of psychedelic drugs - might never have happened. And at least one skeptical California newspaperman named Don Lattin might never have sobered up, stopped using, and found a measure of serenity and faith.

Join the conversation…

CNN: Billy Graham buys election ads after Romney meeting
The most famous and revered pastor in America, Billy Graham, is calling on voters to cast a ballot for their faith in full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and other newspapers. Graham's picture appears prominently in the ads, next to copy that reads, "As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last."

- A. Hawkins

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

InnerSpace places such as in one's body are the Kingdom(s) of God. Life is but scaffolding for Godly built buildings such as one's body. We are Life's topmost design built by the Godly thru innerspace ways and means not yet understood by humanity. The waters' divided give rise to Life within outerspace places. The "Gods" are no longer in charge of the outer regions of inner space places. We, our populace have been given absolute rule and governance over all Life upon the shores of outersace here upon this earth yet, the innerspace places of all that is Life here are where the Godly of innerspace reside and live out their ages. Death has no ending, only new beginnings.

October 22, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • DJ

If you read both Timothy and Phillip, there are passages which describe in detail that Jesus was cremated.

We know this because his friends were asked to take his ashes to the Sea of Galilee and deposit them over, "...the lapping waves of His Father's own sink basin".

Furthermore we read in a passage from Timothy that, “…the ashes were as grains of sand. I have tasted his body.” This passage is thought to have been incorrectly translated into the last supper myth.

October 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
    • InnerSpaceCadet

GOD IS IN THE SUPERTINY SPACES INSIDE ATOMS IN MY BODY ! ! ! SATAN IS IN THE SUBATOMIC SPACES OF MY THORAZINE, SO I DON'T TAKE IT ANYMORE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

BITE THE WAX TADPOLE!

October 22, 2012 at 6:07 pm |

DJ,

1Corinthians 3:9 "For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building."

Luke17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. "

I am an "organ donor" should I die unexpectedly. If by chnce I should die before the apportioned hour, I do want whatever organs worthy to be given to the needy. I know one's body is but a building inhabited by the Godly. I know without doubt that some inner parts of my body will go with the family of the Godly when there time to depart does come. The remains of my body is glady given up for others' needs and even for scientific studies. Now 57, I have lived a pleasent life here among you all who know me near and from afar off. I've sinned in my lifetime and know well the wages of sin is death. I also know that death is but a doorway to new beginning. Afraid to die, I am fearful yes, but I have faith in my understanding the Way of Life and its' InnerSpace place being of Godliness and the OuterSpace places being for celestial-based life.

Peace DJ and may your journey here be filled with the awe and wonders provided by your set pathway.
      G.O.D.

October 22, 2012 at 6:09 pm |
  2. DJ

Perhaps I can draw your attention to a passage in the Gospel of Truth, which states, "Jesus found the scribes to be ignorant and foul smelling..."

These men were his employees and Jesus showed a discernible dislike for them. Perhaps out of jealousy that they were educated where he was not.

The text goes on to say, "...and Jesus thought not of the female form, and from heaven came to remove ignorance"

Again giving weight to the common thinking that Jesus was a h.o.m.o.s.e.x.u.a.l.

October 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
    • Robert

DJ, you're the moron. The scribes were not his employees. He warns us about the Scribes and Pharisees that rose through the ranks of the churches and Synagogues and were not believers but taught the ways of man.

October 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm |

@Robert

I tend to agree with @DJ here. The common thinking is that Jesus was se xually active... maybe not h0mo... but "bi-curious" ? 😯

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • DJ

We know that Jesus was a practicing Buddhist monk, not a rabbi.

We know that Jesus was married.

We know that Jesus was a bit of a free spirit and had a volatile temper.

We know that the so called "missionary position" was so named after Jesus walked in on Mary Magdalene and Joseph having relations. He condemned their activities saying, "...you have soiled my sheets, you have confused my mission and compromised my position."

October 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • Robert

DJ, your mom is calling. Hopefully for another child to claim as her own.

October 22, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
  3. A few theology questions for Topher

Okay, I'm back Topher, and I see you again avoided answering the questions. Want to try again? I will repost one set for you. Go for it:

How did Noah round up all the 3,000,000 non bacterial land species and get them from all over the globe to the ark? How did he build a 440' ark out of wood when all attempts to built steel-reinfoirced wooden vessels over 300-350 feet failed (wood is not strong enough, no matter how much you use). If there were only 8 people, how did they feed those 6,000,000 animals – they woul have had to feed 4 species a second non-stop 24/7 for the whole journey. How did they get 6,000,000 animals and all their food into a 1,500,000 cubit foot structure? How did we get all the different races from Noah's descendants, who would have been the source of all humans?

October 22, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • Robert

I'll give you a joke answer. God shrunk them as he did your brain.

October 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm |
    • A few theology questions for Topher

If an ad hominem joke answer is all you can manage, Robert, then go for it. It's an dmission of defea, of course, but so be it.

The reason you chose a joke instead of a real answer is that nobody can give a real answer to those questions that doesn't admit that Noah's Ark was absolutely impossible. That's why Topher keeps avoiding the question, and why you went for ad hominem.

October 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
    • Robert

The real answer has been given many times on this site. It's not my fault you atheists refuse to accept them.

October 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
    • A few theology questions for Topher

Nobody has ever answered my questions about Noah's Ark, Robert. Nobody. You are lying.

If those answers are so well known, then it should be very easy to repeat them. Go for it.

October 22, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Robert? Are you really Heaven Sent? Sounds just like the old bat.

October 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Scandals or scandels maybe it's scandle for I could care less,
      Well ain't this special?
      Who then is more scandalous, care to make a wild guess?
      Who's special now?
      Religious or poitical scandals how long has it been?
      Well then, isn't this special?
      Marriage scandals and s3xual ones are the lay of Life's dirt!
      Well ain't this special?
      Where's the next scandal for who's it gonna hurt?
      Well aren't scandals special?

October 22, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  4. Answer

Robert

Yes, I am posting about this mid December, 2012.

===== We will look forward to your apologies and will have a blast laughing at you. XD

October 22, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
    • Robert

What are you talking about?

October 22, 2012 at 5:18 pm |

@Robert

Seriously – you don't read your own posts? That's so funny.

October 22, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
    • Robert

I was referring to what blast that you are going to have laughing. Laughing about what?

October 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm |

@Robert

I left you 2 posts below, where me and -Answer are waiting for your response.

Maybe you'll teach us something ? I'm always open to learning.

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
    • Robert

therealpeace2all, I also left, then returned to find a smug response from answer. I haven't a clue to why he believe the winter solstice isn't going to take place and I'm waiting for him to take the foot out of his mouth.

October 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
    • Robert

I won't do that for you therealpeace2all. ALL Christians are sitting back to see what the scientist think they know.

October 22, 2012 at 5:47 pm |

@Robert

-CS ???

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm |

@Robert

" I won't do that for you therealpeace2all. "

Er... won't do what exactly ?

" ALL Christians are sitting back to see what the scientist think they know. " 😯

What ??????????

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • Robert

therealpeace2all, I started the dialogue. Now, Christians are sitting back to see what scientists claim they know. If I told you the answer, you'd just pretend that you knew it before. Therefore, either you learn from your scientists what's going to happen or you don't.

Good night.

October 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
  5. DJ

I can tell you after many and many years of research of my own, including a number of papers, that there is much that does not get told in popular academia.

For example, Jesus tells us that his father and mother "have not spaketh a single word in two years plus three. This sounds like a man scorned to me.

How can we prove marital troubles in the home of Jesus? Reading from Mary (Magdalene), she says, "when Joseph's gaze met mine I felt a burning deep within...." She goes on to discuss Jesus' jealousy and rage.

Is it possible Joseph never forgave Mary for her affair, and Joseph and Jesus were competing for Mary Magdalene’s affection?

October 22, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
    • Robert

DJ, your mind is polluted. Get out and breath some fresh air.

October 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  6. DJ

In my research I have found that Mary Magdalene was in fact both consort and wife. A consort was simply a companion. If you read the scriptures, you will find that in the late BE and early CE, it was actually possible to both be married and single simultaneously.

How you ask?

You must refer to the Gnostic versus attributed to Phillip who said, "Be it spouse or alone, we are only that which our threshold allows on the Sabbath."

Loosely translated it means a woman can be beholden to a man one day, and quite free the next. This makes polygamy possible without breaking God's law against Adultery.

October 22, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
    • just sayin

Gnosticism is false teachinhg that is why it is Gnostic. God bless

October 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • Robert

just saying, good post. Gnostics are what modern day atheists call themselves.

October 22, 2012 at 5:21 pm |

@DJ

😉

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
    • CS

@realpeace

LOL 😉

October 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  7. Why are Christians so dumb?

Science hopes to find truth. It may take many hundreds of generations if it can be done at all. But there is truth out there. And if it is a god, so be it. It matters not to me as it has no effect on my life. I am just curious. I wish I could know in my lifetime.

I think what is obvious is the Judeo Christian god is an old myth. Whatever force is out there is certainly not likely to be the anamorphic super being from a man-made book of stories.

I imagine a multi-verse where scale is completely relative. The very fabric of reality could very well be spongy and wiggly and invisible to us. It is also very likely in my mind that the big bang that created this universe was fueled by explainable forces “behind” what we can perceive and is probably common place.

One thing is for sure. We don’t know anything. But it is fun finding out what we can in the short time we have. And I know this, if it exists, it is not supernatural. Following that logic, nothing can be supernatural, because if it exists, it is natural.

October 22, 2012 at 4:57 pm |

🙂

Judge the Word only and leave alone the judgements against manhood and womanhood for, such are God's to be judged accordingly.

🙂

October 22, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
    • Why are Christians so dumb?

@Innerspace

It is difficult to argue with a turnip.

October 22, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • Zingo

@ Why are Christians so dumb?

That was a rude and terrible thing to say. That kind of insult is a disgrace. What have turnips ever done to you that you would compare them to Innerspacecadet?

Bigot! Turnip-racist!

October 22, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  8. Answer

@Topher

–Too much to scroll–

So here..let's continue: –> Your heaven? Okay let's do that heaven thing then..

Do you have a body whilst in heaven? Do you have a job afterwards? Is there an economy? Is there magic involved?

How big is heaven? Of course you'll tell me it's all FLAT right? Tell me and let's see if you're not a bigger joke than HeavenSent.

October 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  9. Why are Christians so dumb?

Christian brain: Garbage in, garbage out.

October 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • Answer

It is an affront to them to critically evaluate their god. When the questions come in to them.. they are always dependent on their doctrine to try to answer them. They're not honestly thinking.

October 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm |

🙂 🙂 🙂
      🙁
      🙂 🙂 🙂

October 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Scoffers of any religion can only ridicule. Many have not a brain of their own from which to fend any ideas of their own. Dumb atheists and yes religious! Many parrot others who ridicule any and all religious aspects! And they call their scoffing parodies blameless insinuations for truths' sake.

Religious folk know no other way to be than recite the good books. At least the righteously religious are bound up by their teachings. Yes, some will fall by the wayside yet in stumbling down they will ever try to right themself up and repent of their sins. How much better are atheists who do no sinfulness in their onward affairs? God rewards those who try to be upright and righteous and whether they believe in Godliness or not; the judges of perdition will set the scales accordingly.

A penny becomes a nickel and a dime a quarter. The raising

October 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • Answer

"A penny becomes a nickel and a dime a quarter. The raising"

And only a man will apply any "interest" to it.

October 22, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  10. DJ

Jesus never actually said he believed in God. In fact, if you read the Bible you will learn that Jesus actually believed in what he called, "The Divine".

What does this mean? Jesus, while inarticulate and a bit clumsy in general, had an excellent grasp of the fundamentals of what the Native Americans call, "Mother Earth" and what it is to be a "Human Being".

How do we know this?

Look at the teachings of Jesus in the Gnostic literature that relates to being reborn as a Snake, a Lizard, and a Spider. Why did Jesus feel he was reincarnated; and why these animals and insects? That is easy if you read the Gospel of Mary.

Mary had many pet names for her lover and among them were Snake, Lizard, and Spider. Snake and Lizard I can understand, but the passages relative to Spider are less clear.

October 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Inward goes the good and outwards come the bad.

October 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • Why are Christians so dumb?

Garbage in, garbage out.

October 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm |

Blasphemy!

There's some good reasons why those books are not part of scripture.

October 22, 2012 at 4:53 pm |

And "why" are they NOT?

Let's figure this one out shall we? It's only logic that it was DECIDED BY OLD MEN.

October 22, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • Veritas

Topher. What are the reasons? btw Blasphemy is a ridiculous concept.

October 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
  11. HeavenSent

Statistics prove that the more devout someone is, the higher IQ they have. Read the Bible. It is 100 percent accurate in every facet. I taught my camel-toe to sit and shake, but it still won't fetch.You atheists will reap the sword of the Lord Jesus when He returns.

Amen.

October 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm |

@HeavenSent

Your continued bull-sh!t about Jesus and the Bible is making me sick.
      Thanks buddy... I LMFAO at that one.
      You really should read another book other than the Bible, and such, and such, etc...

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • CS

LOL 😉

October 22, 2012 at 4:54 pm |

Ouu ouu "when HE returns"... tell us the DATE. XD

October 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  12. DJ

The evidence would suggest that Judas, Mary, Jesus and others spent a great deal of their down time reflecting on the spiritual dichotomy of the soul vs. the physical and how that relates to the teachings of God.

Why did they do this? Jesus was attracted to Buddhism and often rested his decisions on the non-bias imaginings of one who would make sacrifice in this life only to be reborn in the next.

In short, Jesus was a Jew by birth, but not by practice. He taught his own flavor of Buddhism and his closest disciples, Judas and Mary for example, were quite sure he was a snake in a previous life.

October 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm |

;D

October 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

The Kingdom(s) of God lay within the crucibles/scaffoldings of Life itself. Inward only and by being reborn back into the innerspace places of the Godly can one see God and the Godly who hold the powers that be.

IN GOES THE GOOD WHILE OUT COMES THE BAD

October 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  13. HeavenSense

Topher, if god made everything and does not like sin then he would have never made it. Therefore if there is a god, he either likes sin or sin does not exist. Either way, the whole Jesus thing is absurd.

October 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
    • nope

@heave...
      nope

October 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • DJ

Jesus was quite real, and quite human. Even Timothy and Philip knew the true nature of Christ, as evidenced in this passage from the Gospel of Philip, "...and our Lord came unto me and witnessed as I behaved without intimidation."

Scholars believe this is evidence of group s.e.x.u.a.l activity, common place at this time in history among men afield.

October 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |

😉

October 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

absurd? The Messiah? The Savior? The Triune God? Absurdity breeches absurdness by those seeking it,

Inward goes the good and outward comes the bad.

October 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  14. Answer

So a question to the mormons.. who are always lacking in answers (just like all the other religious tards):

"If you owned your own planet .. how many people do you think -in your afterlife- are going to be working for you? To help you build, maintain and grow your planet?" Let's play the game of "look I have magic available to me" XD

October 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Don't ya just love simplicity ! ! ! ?

October 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
    • Answer

Of course. It makes life fascinating to see the simple things. XD

A planet is a physical object that is part of a universe. There is all that dirt on a barren planet that you have to overcome to make your life comfortable. So unless you're once again going to go with the phrase "in my magical universe ..."

Well most people will figure that out.

October 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

The innerspace places are more infinite than the finite places that outerspace places are relatively speaking,,,,, 🙂

October 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  15. William Demuth

I was wondering if we might begin a campaign to have CNN start the new year by revisting all the crack pot cults that said this was to be the last year?

Perhaps if we keep the bright lights on these roaches, they might crawl deeper into their holes.

I was looking forward to Ho Slapping some Mayans when thier prophecy fails, but alas, I believe we have already killed that cult off?

Does anyone actually know a real Mayan?

October 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm |

In goes the good 🙂
      &
      Out goes the bad 🙁

October 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
  16. DJ

I have spent a great deal of my professional life in the study of the Gnostic Gospels. As it turns out, the majority of “prophets” contributing to these scriptures was quite illiterate and most likely drew pictures to explain their wisdom.

Needless to say, transcribing pictographs to verse was a tough task for the monks in those early centuries.

Moreover, Jesus was the worst of the lot. This poor man could not even draw stick figures in the sand and apparently could not be trusted with anything sharp enough to draw with. As the story goes, Jesus would have to play a primitive form of "charades" while his scribes tried to guess his meaning.

Most scholars agree that this is why these books were omitted from the Holy Bible.

October 22, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
  17. HeavenSense

Maybe one of you Christian geniuses can explain this to me.

Ok, God is Jesus, Jesus is God. God wanted to have a physical manifestation of himself on Earth and though he created the heavens and the Earth, Adam and Eve, he couldn't manage a “Jesus” so he knocked up a virgin by proxy who then gave birth to Himself and then he waited for himself to grow up so that he could preach the "truth".

Then he set up his own death so that he could suffer on a cross to "die" (even though he can't die) for the sins of all the many billions of people who would be born who had not yet committed any sins but for whom he has a plan and that plan includes sinning for some unknown reason so he needed to die for them. Then he becomes a ghost, takes a little trip to Hades to hang with the red guy and then he "rises" and walks about frightening people and then disappears after telling everyone he would return and never shows his face again.

Why?

I would offer this counter possibility. Mary got knocked up by the blacksmith. Jesus was a cult leader. Jesus broke the law and was punished and died.

October 22, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
    • Topher

OK, let's take this one piece at a time. If you are asking why God had to be born, it's because He had to be fully God AND fully man. He had to be fully man so that He was one of us ... to represent all of us.

October 22, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
    • A few theology questions for Topher

I asked you a number of questions an hour ago, which you are conveniently ignoring. Why don't you answer those?

October 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You must be new here. That's all Gopher ever does.

October 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
    • Topher

Yeah, I missed those. Sorry about that. But I've been answering things now on both pages, so ...

October 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
    • Robert

God made all for his pleasure. Are you pleasing him Sense?

October 22, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
    • A few theology questions for Topher

Isn't it a lie to say you missed those when you gave a short answer to one and asked what order I wanted them answered in over a half hour prior?

You just lied.

October 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
    • Topher

Nope. Not lying at all. I startd talking to you about them as soon as I saw them. Don't get me wrong, I've lied plenty in my life, but not about this.

October 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

All you'll get from the Gopher is excuses.

October 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
    • Topher

C'mon, dude. Let's stay on topic.

October 22, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • HeavenSense

Topher, why did God need to represent us to himself? That is really dumb.

October 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm |

HeavenSense

Do you understand what the Gospel is claiming? Why Christ had to die and what that means?

October 22, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
    • HeavenSense

Topher, yes I do and is all complete nonsense.

October 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |

Why?

October 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm |

"Why?"

Then the same "why" should be asked.. "Why your religion? Why is YOUR religion YOUR religion?"

October 22, 2012 at 3:57 pm |

1. It's true.
      2. It makes sense.
      3. It answers all my questions.

October 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
    • Answer

So your opinion are those?

Then it's clear you are wrong. When you can't prove your opinion on what is "true". That is always the starting premise in a religious tard's mindset.

October 22, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
    • Topher

We shouldn't be asking what my opinion is ... we should be asking what is true.

October 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm |

Nuff said 🙂

October 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm |

Then what is "true"?

Your opinion on what is true is always a fabrication. To say it neatly – it is relative.
      So your religion is relative. It is not truth. Your opinion is of "true" but reality says – "well you are an idiot."

October 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm |

Is all truth relative?

October 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
    • Answer

Answer it yourself. Apparently you've never really posed such questions to yourself. Always wanting others to see your opinion – as truth – rather than really comprehending your own fallacy.

October 22, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
    • Topher

Is the statement "truth is relative?" true? Because if you say yes, you've got a self-refuting statement.

Christ is either God or He isn't. It is true or it isn't. True is true. False is false. They are not "relative."

October 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • Answer

You want your god – it's apparent.

Let's see you ramble on about your version of the truth. Not only are you going to defend your "branded" god.. let me see you defend the existence of Zeus.

October 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
    • Topher

Why in the world would I want to defend Zeus?

Are you recanting your stance on truth being relative?

October 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Just how much more simply put can Truth be told?

October 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |

Why not?

Why don't you question the existence of Zeus?

October 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Topher

Because I know the God of the Bible is true. He says He's the only God, so that means Zeus, Allah, Moroni and any others can't be true.

October 22, 2012 at 4:33 pm |

"Can't" LOL

Nice. A relative opinion from you. Go on with the excuses of why it "CAN'T".

October 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm |

What's so funny?

It's not a matter of opinion. God said there are no other gods. If GOD says it it must be true.

October 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm |

@Topher

Do you know why I don't play your game? According to your questions? Do you find me annoying that I can slap away your questions and then refocus on my own questions to you?

If you do.. then you've figured out that "why".. because you don't have any more answers than the ones I can figure out relatively – according to my education. By interjecting your own fallacy for your need of a god you've become settled on not answering other people who pose a challenge to your dogma. You better start answering to some one – especially to yourself when a question is asked of you.

October 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

He said it? How do you know? Did you hear him? Or did you just read that he said it in a book he never wrote?

October 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm |

By god.. do you mean "Zeus"? LOL

October 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • Topher

And yet I've answered the questions posed to me. I'm not so annoyed by you because it's typical atheist mumbo-jumbo — ask a question, don't expect an answer, when you get one you reject it. Dude I think you know there's a God. You reject it because you don't want to believe it — because you've got a sin you love too much to have to get rid of.

IF there's a Heaven, do you think you will be good enough to go there when you die?

October 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You didn't give any facts, Topher, except for one: it's a fact that you never have any facts. Just your beliefs. That would be fine, but you attempt to pretend that they're facts when they aren't. It's dishonest. And all it accomplishes is that it demeans your own faith.

Why don't you just stop attempting to answer questions when you can't, and just believe in your god and say so instead of pretending that you have facts and reason on your side? You don't.

October 22, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
  18. Fact

The Anamorphic Judeo-Christian god of the bible does not exist.

October 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • Robert

Says who? You (ha, ha, ha).

October 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
    • The Anti-Robert

Who says Thor does not exist? You? ha ha

October 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
  19. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things.

October 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
    • Cold Hard Facts

The Bible is bullshit.

Proven again and again and again and again and again.

October 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
    • HeavenSense

Hi prayerbot.

October 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm |
    • Robert

Things are going to change after mid December. I'd like to see those smugs looks melt off the faces of the atheists.

October 22, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
    • nope

@col...
      nope

October 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
    • Zombie Jesus Is Craving Brains, Can't Find Any Amongst His Followers

So "Tired of ignorance in atheists" is now "Robert." Okay. So "Robert", how about you share your insights on what is going to happen mid-December?

It wouldn't be . . . (cue spooky music) . . . THE END OF TIMES?!?!?! (cue flashy light show and loud chrashing noises)

October 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
    • Tired of ignorance in atheist

Zombie, go search your science sites to find out. I'd say they are slacking, to say the least (LOL).

Just because you atheists can't figure it out. There are many Christians writing to you from the same port. We only stay on long enough to post what needs posting. As far as reading the same tired nonsense you write. Too boring. No thanks.

October 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
    • Ronald Regonzo

No just the end of your times- no more heathen America, we will be on the verge of Glenn Becks greatest movement a Mormon Presidency. Romney / Ryan 2012

October 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • Tired of ignorance in atheist

Zombie, that's "end of days". Besides, you nonbelievers think that you are up on things. Yes, only when a Christian tells you. Go find out what happens during December's Solstice.

October 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • Tired of ignorance in atheist

Hey Regonzo, they blog about you on this site. It doesn't make sense to me. But, then again, I'm not an atheist.

October 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |

@Robert

" Things are going to change after mid December. "

Are you another *Mayan Calendar* end of the world guy ?

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |

@therealpeace2all

If you haven't noticed.. Robert didn't claim that date being in this current year: 2012.
      We'll see his excuse of "I didn't say it was THIS year.." in his excuse when it is all over and done.

October 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
    • Ronald Regonzo

Catch a clue morons, after December comes year 1 of restoring America to moral dignity under President Mitt Romney. Romney / Ryan 2012

October 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |

@Answer

LOL... ! Yeah... I noticed, and I'm very aware of our friend 'Robert' and his proclivities in his postings. Hence... the non-sequitur.

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • Robert

therealpeace2all and answer, the Mayan calendar has nothing to do with the heavens. The winter solstice is the subject. You brought the Mayan calender up due to your ignorance. Remember that. Besides, the reasons the Mayan calender ended is because they ran out of space for their rocks. Then their calender starts all over.

October 22, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Robert

Yes, I am posting about this mid December, 2012.

October 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Robert

I'm leaving the realpeace2all and answer. When you find the answer, let me know.

October 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
    • .

"Ronald Regonzo" who degenerates to:
      "Salvatore" degenerates to:
      "Douglas" degenerates to:
      Taskmaster" degenerates to:
      "truth be told" degenerates to:
      "The Truth" degenerates to:
      "Thinker23" degenerates to:
      "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to:
      "another repentant sinner" degenerates to:
      "Dodney Rangerfield" degenerates to:
      "tina" degenerates to:
      "captain america" degenerates to:
      "Atheist Hunter" degenerates to:
      "Anybody know how to read? " degenerates to:
      "just sayin" degenerates to:
      "ImLook'nUp" degenerates to:
      "Kindness" degenerates to:
      "Lorraine" degenerates to:
      "Chad" degenerates to
      "Bob" degenerates to
      "nope" degenerates to:
      "2357" degenerates to:
      "WOW" degenerates to:
      "fred" degenerates to:
      "!" degenerates to:
      "pervert alert"

This troll is not a christian:..

October 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm |

@Robert

Well, great... I was pretty much right then. So, what happens in the heavens after the winter solstice ?

By the way, I don't think the winter solstice is mid December. I think it's a bit after mid-December, yes ?

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!__

October 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm |

@Robert

Oh... and when you talk about things changing in the heavens, are you speaking about the 'earthly' changes...? Which I do understand the solstice.

If you are talking about some spiritual heavens, let me know ?

Peace...

October 22, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  20. Danny Kerensky

Hey there "Tired of ignorance of atheists", what did you mean when you said "Your planet Saturn leaves in mid December. Enjoy your evil while you can"?

October 22, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
    • Tired of ignorance in atheist

Danny, are you a nonbeliever?

October 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm |