home
RSS
Look at Obama’s faith draws criticism, praise
Some readers thought we went too far by asking why some thought President Barack Obama was the "wrong kind of Christian."
October 24th, 2012

Look at Obama’s faith draws criticism, praise

By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) - People have all sorts of questions for presidential candidates in an election year. But there was one question I asked last weekend that scores of readers griped about:

Why do so many people doubt President Barack Obama’s faith?

Obama has talked publicly about his faith for years, but doubts persist. Why? Was it race? Was he a different kind of Christian than his predecessors? How can anyone judge whether another person is a Christian?

Those are some of the questions I presented in the article. The reaction was stunning: more than 8,000 comments, 25,000 Facebook shares, 700 tweets and citations on political websites such as Talking Points Memo and the Washington Monthly.

Praise and criticism came from all political sides - liberals and conservatives both liked the piece and loathed it. Some saw it as a ringing defense of the progressive Christian traditions that shaped Obama’s faith. Others thought I was trying to sabotage the president's re-election chances with an unfair question.

The comments from readers tended to land on certain themes.

He’s not Christian - no matter what anybody says:

I got the impression that if Obama were suddenly surrounded by an angelic host during a press conference, and the voice of God declared, “He is not a Muslim,” some still would not believe it.

A reader named “Paul” put it this way:

"Sorry, the premise that Obama is a new kind of Christian is, in my opinion, just flat wrong. He is a Muslim."

Who gets to determine if someone is a Christian?

Other readers took offense at some pastors in the article who declared that Obama couldn’t be a Christian because he never talked about being “born again” and he supported same-sex marriage and abortion rights.

The article mentioned several prominent conservative Christians - including Focus on the Family founder James Dobson and the Rev. Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham - who questioned Obama’s faith.

One pastor in the article, the Rev. Steven Andrew, author of “Making a Strong Nation,” even said that he thought Obama was “an anti-Christ.”

A reader identified as “C. J Mills” wrote:

"These ministers represent the kind of Christianity that makes me reluctant to say to people I don't know that I'm a Christian, and the kind of speakers for the faith that drove all my children out of churches because they would not put up with such judgmentmentalism. ..."

A ‘hit’ piece on Obama?

What was most surprising to me was the reaction of Obama supporters. The article featured several progressive Christians who said the sources for Obama’s faith are not sinister. The president’s faith is influenced by a brand of liberal Protestantism that dominated American public life during the early 20th century and a biblical perspective shaped by his exposure to the black church and the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

A “Cindy” called me Sunday and left a two-minute phone message skewering the story, and added a lengthy e-mail.

Her message:

"Your Sunday morning pre-election hit piece on President Obama is an outrage! ‘Is he the right kind of Christian?’ ‘He’s been called the anti-Christ.’ Really? It is disgusting, and doing it on a Sunday morning is an outrage."

I called Cindy at home and, after apologizing for her “cranky” message, she explained the source for some of her anger. She’s an Obama supporter living in a conservative state, and she said was on edge because of the election. She thought any article questioning Obama’s faith would convince people not to vote for him.

Another reader, “Muffin72,” had the opposite reaction. The reader thought the article was a puff piece on Obama:

"Nice CNN Obama PR piece trying to get a last grasp at another group of voters. … You can't support abortion and be a good Christian at the same time. ... Sorry, it just doesn't compute."

Other commentators asked when I would write a story asking if Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate, was a Christian. One commentator frankly declared progressive Christianity was an “apostate form of false Christianity.”

One of most unusual comments came from a “Clarke.”

"John Blake, I do not care for your article. To be fair, please tell us in your own words, what is the right Jew, the right Mormon, the right Christian. Why CNN would let you write about any religion, is beyond me. Religion is a personal thing, and does not belong on your sleeve and for you to judge others is just wrong. Makes me wonder if there was not money exchanged for this article. Shame, shame on you and CNN."

I can assure you Clarke, no one paid me to write the story. Yet there was a payoff for me.

Most journalists love to get people talking about what they write. Though I’ll always wonder if some of the commenters actually read the entire article, I’m glad that a provocative question could generate so many follow-up questions, even angry ones.

- CNN Writer

Filed under: Belief • Bible • Billy Graham • Christianity • Culture wars • Obama

soundoff (1,150 Responses)
  1. Loretta

We are a nation that is changing as fast as the technology we run our lives with. We are a nation whose white children and grandchildren are marrying blacks and hispanics and gays and muslims and mormons and buddhists. Many of us have decided that we will accept our children and their choices because we love them. We have accepted the fact that this is no longer the pure white, white power world we may have grown up in. As a result, we grow and learn to accept cultural differences. Sadly, not all of us have. The radical right white in this country believes that only the "born again" are true Christians. Try having an intelligent discussion with them – I challenge you to that. The last time I tried I was told that dinosaur bones were planted all over the world by the devil to make us believe the earth is older than the 4000 or so years that the zealots calculate it to be. Because of their steadfast ignorance, that population can never accept that a black man named Barack Hussein Obama could possibly be a Christian.

October 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
    • Religion is for dummies.

He is a white man and I doubt he is a Christian.

October 24, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  2. Lamento

if God could post a comment today. what we say to us?

October 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • Religion is for dummies.

Dumb question. God can't post. There is no God.

October 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • "God"

*crickets*

October 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • God

Wow, this internet things is pretty cool, why didn't I think of it?...

October 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • Rufus T. Firefly

Perhaps, "Quit using Me as an excuse to pursue your own petty agendas."

October 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
    • ceg10

So everything that man has invented, man has invented but who created man? Ask yourself that question, and no nature didn't create man. Who created the universe with a place we call earth that rotates around the sun at the precise angle which gives us four seasons giving us enough water to survive centuries.... Who do you think?? Or just think?

October 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
    • Rufus T. Firefly

ceg10: "but who created man? Ask yourself that question, and no nature didn't create man"

In other words, "ask yourself that question, but accept my answer only."

October 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
    • Religion is for dummies.

@ceg10

Man was not created. Man evolved. You are a dummy.

The Earth exists in it's current state due to natural forces. You are a dummy.

October 24, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
    • The Truth

"Who created the universe with a place we call earth that rotates around the sun at the precise angle which gives us four seasons giving us enough water to survive centuries.... Who do you think?? Or just think?" And if all of those complex things had to be created by a creator, then the creator must be ultimately complex, which by your logic would then require a more complex being to have created your God, and so on and so forth. If you cannot understand this, then you are a moron not fit to debate on these boards.

October 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
    • ceg10

It's okay. The truth is hard to accept but the light bulb does come on. The fact that you can see and type to communicate is a very complex design created thousands of years ago when man began writing. You don't have to accept it but think of all the complex things that is happening all around you right now. The intellgence is in the design, when people can't explain it they call it natural. It's ok. If we were any closer to the sun we would burn up, and any further away this planet would be frozen. The clues are in the Intellegent design by God.

October 24, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
    • The Truth

"If we were any closer to the sun we would burn up, and any further away this planet would be frozen."
      "The clues are in the Intellegent design by God."

I'm sorry, but you are an idiot. By your logic there shouldn't be any other planets anywhere in the universe in any other orbit than one that would supports life because what other purpose would God have for the other planets then future possible population by his creations? The fact that not only our solar system but many others, possibly billions and trillions of other solar systems with planets blows your ignorant theology out of the water.

October 24, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  3. William Demuth Sr

Is my boy out here spreadin' gibberish again? Will y'all do me a favor and send him home? He's got chores.

October 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  4. RSM

Reading the spiritual ignorance on this board is...painful...reminds me of a line in a story I once read...

"One sure mark of a fool is someone who claims anything outside their experiences as impossible..."

As a result, skeptics are the biggest imbeciles on the planet we call earth. After all anyone who is not smart enough realize that they were never going to reach a realm founded in faith based off a philosophy that encourages doubt and does not have the brains to figure that out does not seem to be terribly intelligent in my book.

October 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • sam stone

Good for you and your book.

October 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
    • TheSchmaltz

Nobody's going to reach 'a realm founded in faith' because it doesn't exist.

The problem with living by faith is that you'll fall for the first con artist that gets his hands on you.

For the record, God isn't impossible. I have no proof that Yahweh doesn't exist exactly as described in the Bible. You also don't have any proof that he does, and the story is so unlikely, implausible, and nonsensical that I choose to live my life as though he doesn't. I don't believe in him for the same reason I don't believe in unicorns, Thor, and reincarnation. They're all silly and don't have anything to do with the world we live in. I can't say with authority that you're wrong, but I can call you a fool for buying this obvious malarkey, and a facist for using it as a basis for restricting my freedoms.

October 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
    • Rufus T. Firefly

RSM, the cool thing about books and recordings and science and experiments and mathematics and stuff is that we have access to information beyond our own personal experiences. The fool is the one who sees a hypothesis fail over and over and insists it is true anyway.

October 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
    • RSM

"Religion is for dummies.
      Dumb question. God can't post. There is no God."

Thanks for proving my last comment...

"There must not be a God because I say there is or isn't" mentality...

Such stupidity is...awe inspiring...

In a way Religion is for Dummies...reading your comments has been true pleasure because I did not think it was actually possible to have a discussion with someone who would post a comment that stupid on a board....there is a god or there is no god because I say so because of my limited experience...what wonderful ignorance most people here have...

I do have one question for you though...

Just how do you get up in the morning and dress yourself with having only half a brain in your head? I am not kidding...I really do want to know...

October 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  5. Jano

Dear Parnha,
    You need to use some of that intelligence and research 2016 and how it came about. It is based on a writer's opinions and facts that have not been substantiated. I don't take things at face value as you apparently do. Do your research, then perhaps you can express an intelligent opinion. Secondly, please don't attack someone for expressing their opinions. We can disagree without being disagreeable. I learned a long time ago, if you want to attach, familiarize yourself with the other side of the argument and you will be much more effective

October 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • 4Yearsoffailures

Ask CNN where "White House knew the terror attack while it was happening" story went. Again, shame on you CNN. You can keep negative story of conservative politician for a whole day but major story or a white house LIE "sweeps under the rug."

October 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • sam

I'm glad 4years has the copy/paste skills needed in most low wage jobs.

October 24, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • WASP

@4years: i would say obama's 4 years look s alot better than your buddy bush jr's 8 years. lmao
      obama: cleared taking out osama
      obama: lowered unemployement nationally
      obama: saved the auto industry
      obama: extended tax breaks needed for families
      obama: got us out of iraq, given he wanted to keep 30,000 troops there to aid/guide afgan forces
      obama: stands up for eqaul rights for gay rights

bush: broke the economy
      bush: placed in to 2 wars
      bush: couldn't get osama for his whole term. hahahahahahaha what a loser.

October 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  6. Right on.

@Bill Deacon
    Did you name all your cats after Ranier, I think he is sweet on you?

October 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  7. lee

And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21) -m Book of Mormon

October 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  8. phk46

I have had fundamentalist protestant believers tell me that Catholics are not Christian. And I have had Catholics tell me that protestants are not Christian. And apparently a lot of people believe Mormons are not Christian.

So who gets the last word on this? It must be the pope, because he is infallible. 🙂

Regarding those who claim that Obama is a Muslim – I am pretty sure there are many Muslims who will say that he is not. Whose word should we take for that? Surely some born again Christian off the street must be the ultimate authority for that.

October 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • sam

In this case I think 'muslim' is being used as an idiot's code word for 'darkie'.

October 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • 4Yearsoffailures

October 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
    • sam

4years – go fail somewhere else. It's cute that you believe you know what happened. I'm sure fox news has everything you could want.

October 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
    • JoeSeattle

Actually, one of the issues of Islam is that it denies non-believers even the dignity of not being lied to. The Quran advacates lying to non-believers for the cause of Islam. So, technically, claiming not to be a Muslim is a completely useless statement – by definition it doesn't mean anything.

So if Obama was a Muslim trying to further the cause of Islam in the world, claiming to be a Christian would just be a holy lie.

The bigger issue with his "Christianities" stem from the church he claimed to have attended for long is an imposter (what many call a church of hate), his conversion coincides with the start of his political career, he's never given any account of why he converted to Christianity (people who do convert invariably have very specific reasons), and in one of his books he vows that he will stand with Islam.

But, in truth, he's probably just a megalomaniac – his only standard of belief is in whatever furthers his own grandiose dreams of becoming the first head of a world government.

October 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
    • ceg10

President Obama is unashamefully and unapologetically Christian. Don't let the name fool you!

Meanwhile, Mitt Rommeny is NOT Christian! He is 100% Mormon.

And for you who are Christian and vote for a Mormon over a upright living Christian.... God will remember your sin. This blessed nation is blessed because the President is always Christian.

October 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
    • Bibletruth

The bible gets the last word. It is God inspired from Genesis to Revelation. Just study it and you will become a believer in its inspiration, although you could still be a rejector of God. Does that sound strange? In a way yes, until you come to realize that the bible (and no other book) has all (yes ALL) within it (prophecy) to accomplish belief, faith. Although one can reject, they will know they are rejecting truth. No other religious writing (Hindu books, Muslim books, Buddhist books, Book of Mormon, etc., etc. ) have prophecy in them, simply because they are not God inspired and only God knows the beginning and the end.

October 25, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  9. Sam

Who cares honestly. Most Christians are idiots and the bible has a lot of discriminatory passages. Most bible thumpers are racist. All it is, is a bunch of racist white people hating on Obama. I'm white and I don't care what color our president is as long as he cares about us as a whole. And he does!!!! He isn't disrespectful towards women like Romney. I can't believe how ignorant some people are in society.

October 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • JoeSeattle

Sam likes to talk about things he knows nothing about. No wonder he likes Obama.

Christians have been the champions of racial equality in this country, which is faring far better than the rest of the world on that score.

October 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
    • sam

Nice try, Joe. Christians are champions for christians. Feel freee to keep those blinders on, though.

October 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  10. jjwiggs

I guess my faith would be in question if I followed Jeremiah Wright too!

October 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • Primewonk

Did you actually read Wright's sermons and see the context?

Or are you just another ignorant fundiot spewing the bullshit from your tea bagger pupetmasters?

October 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  11. sisi

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 3 LINE ARTICLE ABOUT THE WHITE HOUSE BEING AWARE OF THE ATTACK ON LYBIA??? HOW LONG DID YOU HAVE IT UP CNN? THREE MINUTES BEFORE YOU HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN.!!!

October 24, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
    • sam

Uh...I'm sure there are plenty of places you can cry about that aside from the belief blog.

October 24, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
    • Ned

@Sam

you mean "lack of belief" blog

October 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • sam

I don't give a shit either way, Ned.

October 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
  12. kamarasune

When your party just introduces a bill to hide your presidential records I think there is more to worry about than just what faith he practices.

October 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • The Truth

You sir, are a blatant liar. Please peddle your pile of horse shlt elsewhere.

October 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  13. freethinkingfaith

What's the big mystery here? As far as I know, President Obama is still a member of the United Church of Christ – a progressive, mostly white, mainline Protestant Christian denomination with a rich American history that includes, among many others, the Pilgrims and Congregationalists of New England and many African-American churches, schools and colleges established in the south after the Civil War. The fact that he does not where this on his sleeve, his forehead or anywhere else is fine with me, but I assure you there are MANY other deeply committed Christians of the same "kind," including me. Go to http://www.ucc.org for more info. Rev. John Gill

October 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • William Demuth

Free thinking and faith are contrdictions.

Let go of the silliness and admit it is all lies.

You know you don't believe a word of it.

Be responsible for once, you can always get another job.

October 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • Dale Maran

I too consider myself a Christian and agree with all you said. There is certainly a lot of disrespect for President Obama by a lot of people, including our own so-called Christian. I don't care what faith a president practices, as long as he is a man that practices faith in the well being of his fellow man. I am proud of my president and as far as I am concerned he is representing
      our country very well. Also, people like "Trump" should keep their opinions to themselves because his money means nothing
      to a lot of people like myself.

October 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  14. Billie

So what if Obama is a Muslim and even though I am very proud of it if that is. Does that mean that a Muslim American can't be the Commande in Chief???? Please give me an answer because I think that some people are just showing ignorance around here.
    Still waiting for my answer...........

Thanks,

October 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
    • The Truth

There is nothing illegal about a President being a Muslim, it's just that the majority of ignorant fearfull Americans who can't take the time to do even the slightest bit of research and prefer to just listen to Fox news all day, would never ever vote for a candidate who is Muslim. That being said, Muslims are no more educated and hold many of the same prejudices as their American Christian Taliban partners, so the only real peace will come when you both get your fvcking hands out of my government.

October 24, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
    • Prahna

Dear Billie, you could study the history of islam or just watch the video "Innocence of muslims" on You Tube. Our country was founded on Christian principles. Actually to be a "Muslim-American is an oxymoron, that religion which I personally believe is not a religion but a political system, is totally contrary to the American foundation and essence. Watch the movie 2016 to learn more about this president and his believes in his own words, thank you!

October 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
    • sam

Hey Prahna – your buddy Dinesh's christian principals have him screwing around on his wife. You must be proud! He seems pretty typical of you lot.

October 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
    • LB Colorado

If he were muslim, he would never ever have been elected. Just in case you don't know, muslims do not like the american way, only the freedoms so they can impose their BS. They are not our friends, America only tolerates them being here. If we went to muslim countries we would not be able to adhere to our religion and culture and dress. So whatever you have to say, it is falling totally on a I don't care what you think. America would never elect a muslim. If Obama was muslim, he would have been assassinated by now by the muslims as he has professed to be a Christian and isn't that grounds for beheading in the muslim world/culture.

October 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
  15. J. Davis in Knoxville, TN

Fundamentalism in any religion is dangerous. Personally, I think President Obama is a good kind man and a good Christian. He cares for the poor and isn't that the real message of Jesus. Romney, on the other hand, changes positions daily and does not appear to know that it is a sin to bear "false witness." Also, pursuit of personal wealth at all costs and without consideration of those who are hurt by this overriding wealth motive is not Christ-like to me. Think of all the people who lost their jobs because of Bain Capital. People should realize that Obama saved this country from another Great Depression, especially in bailing out the auto industry.

October 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
    • Prahna

Dear J. Davis, the Bible says "the lack of knowledge kills people". yours is immense. Have the guts and intelligence to watch the movie 2016. Before you talk about your wonderful president, learn what he says about himself.

October 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • sam

@Prahna – idiot. Did you happen to see what good old Dinesh has been up to? Shall we talk about that?

October 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
    • jaywingfuller

Prahna, you're so out of right field and deluded. Really, that screwball 2016 movie? You do know the guy who did that movie was tossed out his position at a college for lying, yes? Lying! And this is your basis for... anything? Good god, crawl back under you're bigoted rock.

October 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
  16. Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Can anyone make a seed to germinate an egg or even make the egg for a seed to germinate?

1Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

October 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
    • Bob

Well then you had better get laboring on your daily goat sacrifice then cuz nasty god sez he's gonna torture you forever if you break his laws. Jesus said the goat rules and all the rest still apply, so go get that goat...

October 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
    • Innerspace is God's Place while outerspace is for the human race.

Killing a cow or pig or chicken and even goats and sheep for that 'mattering', is for God's wanting needs within our 'cellularized' bodies' innerspace places of which God and His kind does so inhabit. The "Matrix" between the "innerness " and "outwardness" of voided places leaves trace-roots for many science branches to verbally resonate among the 'sheepish' and likewise the 'ape-ish'.

October 24, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  17. Kanchan

CNN went too far first time and now trying to save their face. I am losing respect for this network. it is getting worse than a Gosip Magazine. Leave the stupid religion out of dirty American politics. it is already bad enough. Shame of CNN to bring someone's personal faith and belief to public.

October 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  18. The Truth

Fact: Religion will be dead and burried by the end of this century. It's just sad that it's going to take nearly 80 more years to rid ourselves of such ignorant and aborhant behavior.

October 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • jeff

I don't think so. It will be minimized in places like Europe, but the Arab world and the southern US will cling to thier religion like its the last glass of water in the world. !00 years isn't long enough to fix stupid. In fact, the religious breed in greater numbers than those of us who have a life outside of church, so it is possible that religion will be even more dominant in 100 years

October 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
    • richunix

Sadly I doubt it. As long a man gives into his fear of the unknown, we will have religion to explain it.

October 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
    • this guy

I agree...the exponential growth of technological advancements leand towards the conclusion that religion will become obsolete when more of the unknown becomes known. Fear of death probably wont go away, but the explanation that religion gives us will eventually fade. hopefully what replaces it isn't as bad.

October 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • The Truth

Mark my words, dead and burried. You don't have to have faith in it's demise for it to actually take place. Dead and burried. And don't get me wrong, I am not refering to any religious persons, I mean organized religion as we know it. Dead. Eaten up as if by dog's in the street with only her palms left to remind us of what the wh.ore of babylon represented which was hate, deviciveness, violence and slavery.

October 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
    • jaywingfuller

I appreciate what you guys are saying, but really.... we're talking about humanity here. Humanity - the greatest destroyers the planet has seen since it got its ass royaly kicked by an asteroid 68 million years ago. The majority of our species aren't any smarter than house ferns. In fact, now that I think about it, the house ferns may have the advantage!

October 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  19. Bill Deacon

Pray for the President Psalm 109:8

October 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • Teddy

How are all those cats you're keeping doing, Bill? Like that other poster said, prayer just makes you hoard cats.

October 24, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
  20. Alex

What exactly has Obama ever done to suggest that he is Muslim anyway? I don't understand where these people are coming from.

October 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
    • Prahna

Alex, obviously u don't know much. Have the guts and intelligence to watch the movie 2016. That will answer many of ur questions.

October 24, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
    • Barbara

AMEN! I'd like to know also.
      What is important to me is Barack believes in something outside of himself, he believes in a higher power that is acceptable to America.

October 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
    • The Truth

Well he doesn't have to "do" anything other than be a few shades darker than the average Alabama voter to be considered a muslim.

Remember the Sikh who was shot and killed? Another mistaken muslim casualty.

The people who think Obama is a muslim are just morons who wouldn't have a vote if they required a basic understanding of how our government works before you could vote. No poll tax, Yes on Poll test to get rid of the idiots because having a democracy of idiots is worse than having a dictator, it's more like being surrounded by dick-taters.

October 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm |