home
RSS
Huckabee: Lack of religion in classroom leads to violence in schools
December 16th, 2012

Huckabee: Lack of religion in classroom leads to violence in schools

(CNN) - Responding to the deadly mass shooting Friday in Newtown, Connecticut, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said new laws regulating guns won't deter such shootings, linking a lack of religious discussion in the classroom to increased violence in schools.

"We ask why there's violence in our school but we've systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools have become such a place of carnage? Because we've made it a place where we don't want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability."

"That we're not just gonna have to be accountable to the police if they catch us but one day we stand before a holy God in judgment. If we don't believe that, then we don't fear that," he said.

"People are going to want to pass new laws," Huckabee continued. "This is a heart issue ... laws don't change this kind of thing."

FULL STORY
- Dan Merica

Filed under: Belief • Mike Huckabee • Politics • Schools

1. GodFreeNow

Translation: Accept my god, or your children will be murdered. Threats of death and torture have always been the most effective recruitment tools of christianity.

December 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
    • Topher

... not what the Bible says at all.

December 16, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Topher, GodFree did not say that is what the bible says. He said that is how Christians recruit and that is quite true.

December 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • Topher

If someone calls themself a Christian and uses that tactic, they are not a Christian.

December 16, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
    • Anon

Take your apologetic not "true a christian" card and shove it up your ass.

December 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
    • Atheist Basher

Historically, Christians have converted nonbelievers through acts of compassion, as well as through miracles and through martyrdom for their beliefs. Acts of compassion have converted many millions.

December 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • Actually

"Acts of compassion have converted many millions."

Christianity has only been at 30% of the world for centuries, you might be converting but many are leaving at the same time.

December 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • Anon

You forgot by the sword and trickery.
      Same goes for the Muslims after they went full retard with Mohammed.

December 16, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  2. Recovering Catholic

If you want to teach your children to behave or a horned demon will torment them for eternity go ahead. But do it at home and at your church of choice. You do not get to visit your imaginary friends on my children. I will teach mine to be decent human beings because it is the right thing to do. By the way, whose God do we shove down their throats at public school Mikey? Protestants? Catholics? Buddhists? Muslims? Baptists? Heaven knows none of the above have been associated with violence...

December 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • Atheist Basher

You cannot prove to your children that your ideas of right and wrong are valid concepts. And you can not persuade them to always follow those ideas. They will be self-indulgent, self-pitying hedonists like so many people are these days. God would be doing them a favor if He took their souls while they are still innocent, before they have become wicked and sinful due to your failure to teach them about Hell.

December 16, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • Charles

" They will be self-indulgent, self-pitying hedonists like so many people are these days. God would be doing them a favor if He took their souls while they are still innocent, before they have become wicked and sinful due to your failure to teach them about Hell."

You are one disgusting human being.

December 16, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
  3. Apple Bush

Lack of religion in classroom leads to violence in schools.

Lack of popcorn leads to traffic congestion.

Smelly socks cause global warming.

December 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • GAW

And as Kurt Vonnegut would say..."And so it goes"

December 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  4. GAW

And to make matters worse The Huffington Post has announced that Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing the upcoming vigil in CT.

December 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
    • Topher

Disgusting!

December 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

It's their right to do so. Also Topher, you should join them. You both worship the same deity. At least Phelps and his crew are honest about their beliefs and acknowledge the fact that Yahweh is hateful and genocidal.

December 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • GAW

I agree. It makes one want to spew.

December 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
    • JJ

Actually, Huckabee and all of FOX news would fit right in with them. One is just more obsessed with gays and the other hates all non-Talibangelicals.

December 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • Topher

We absolutely do NOT worship the same deity.

December 16, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • Anon

Yes you do, you're just to retarded to notice it.

December 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
    • Topher

... says the man who spells "too" wrongly.

December 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
    • Anon

Wow a typo.

December 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Topher, you of all people shouldn't be calling out anyone else on spelling, grammar, OR typos.

December 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  5. GAW

As usual the religious right rolls out its Procrustean bed and stretches or hacks the facts to conform to its ideology. And then they tell us We told you so.

December 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
    • Get Real

Hey Atheist Buster-

Glad to see you have a sense of humor!

December 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • GAW

@ Get Real I'm a skeptic....Where on earth are you coming from.

December 16, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  6. Get Real

Hey Atheist Basher-

Satan urinates on your lord god Jehovah.

Both are imaginary,

December 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • Gabriel

Did Huckabee join Westboro Baptist Church ?? Bunch of religious perverts !!!

December 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
    • Atheist Basher

Satan works for God, neither is imaginary. But someday Satan will urinate upon you. And it will be very real.

December 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Satan has human genitalia?

December 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • Brian

"Satan works for God"

That just proves your God is an evil monster and not loving as Christians try to portray.

December 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • +

You just shared the lies written by man in the Talmud. Don't believe you thought of this on your own, it's deliberately, sometimes overt, other times silently pumped into our society. Why? So God is rejected. Huckabee as well as other Christians are telling you truth.

December 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • Get Real

Hey Atheist Buster-

It's great to see that you have a sense of humor!

December 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  7. God Hates Facts!

Adam Lanza attended St. Rose Catholic School for his middle school years. The killer WAS at a school where prayer was mandated. God was IN his school.

December 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
    • lionlylamb

What about Adam's earlier years and latters years, not just Adam's mid-stream schooling?

December 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
    • JJ

But you see, it was the one year of non-Christian, Jesus hating, Evolution teaching public school that undid all the wonderous works done in all the previous years at the Jesus school. Once he darkened the door of the baby Jesus hating school god decided to use him to make them all pay.

December 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
    • God Hates Facts . . . And So Does LionyLamb!

More sleaze from you. You are one dishonest goy.

The claim that "this happened because God is not in school" fails totally if he attended a religious school for any length of time, which he clearly did. Now you are trying to play dishonest games. If I tell you he did three years, you will say four is bare minimum. If I say seven, you will say eight is needed.

If a killer spent years in a religious school, all claims that the problem is that God was taken out of school absolutely collapse.

Stop with your sleazy Christian tactics.

December 16, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Really, LL, you wonder why you get scorn and ridicule.

December 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Philanthropic gestations aren't your main dish now are they? Mine neither! Your running the gauntlet's chalices is mind numbing to say the very least! People GHF are by nature nurtured to do no goodness at least for their childhood years and even in their adolescent years but after that they are left to obeying their land's laws or suffer the consequences. I did wrong in my childhood years and even in my adolescent years and likewise in my adult years. I quit drinking alcohol on September 5th 2,009. If I didn't stop my alcohol abuse drinking, I might well have driven and killed someone maybe even myself.

Was it God who took away my emotional desires to drink? Or, did I make a stand to quit? The day I decided to quit, the emotional desire to drink was taken away and it wasn't thru my own doing. Many times earlier in my love affair with the king of beers and rum and cokes, I did make attempts to quit but I couldn't. It was God who took from my desires to drink the emotions around my desires to drink. I was once weak yet God gave me the strength to see my drinking ways for what might happen to me should I continue drinking.

Anyway, life brings with it all its evil and vileness ways from youngness to one's elder passions, many of which are plagued with dispassionate outcries for relief from many societal pangs. Left alone and to one's held compassions the world may seem vulgar and cruel and even misgiving. I ought know for I have walked such paths but thru God and His gentle understanding for my onward searches for his kingdom domains, I have become tempered and no longer see this world dispassionately. True, I am at times sharing some bitterness about things still yet unsure of. My life continues and I feel a goodness that comes knowing God and His kingdom domains are real!

December 16, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • God and LionyLamb Hate Facts

More sleaze.

Thanks for showing everybody what a dishonest sophist you are. Keep up the ole word-wank. It fits you splendidly.

December 16, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • Johnny Blammo

A drunk. What a surprise. LL is a wet brain. Explains a lot.

December 16, 2012 at 5:49 pm |
    • lionlylamb

GHF, "Thanks for showing everybody what a dishonest sophist you are."

In what way are my teachings dishonest? Tell me please for I would like to know where you find my words being a dishonesty. Things I write upon in times of dispassion are sometimes crude and insensitive yet they are my words!

December 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Johnny Blammo,

Three plus years of sobriety JB and counting! Fewer brain cells dying from alcoholism abuse!

December 16, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
  8. lionlylamb

In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. It makes gun killings seem quite unremarkable doesn't it? Where are the crowds demanding an end to DUI killings? Social bigots the whole lots of many masses are!

December 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Again?

December 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • Not so

Social outcry was instrumental in getting MUCH tougher drunk driving laws and enforcement. Before MADD and similar groups, cops regularly let drunks head home and sleep it off, with no ticket or arrest.

And cars serve a major social purpose. Guns do not.

Your logic stinks.

December 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I hate to agree with a bible-thumper, but here goes. I agree with your statement lionlylamb.

December 16, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
    • Rack of Lamb

Cars are not built with the intention to injure or kill. Guns are.

December 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Not so,

MADD has been around now for how long? 5, or 10 or 15 years? Society has become numb to such travesties ongoing deaths but when a new way of dying raises its ugly head out come the masses all proclaiming an outcry against a new way to die! I am saddened about such an ordeal but am very sullen about other issues of death whose tolls make such school massacres seem like a social manhunt for answers that cannot be absolved nor rightly answered via minds wanting to know! Bigotry does share the markets of death equally within the lame who just sit on their couches in watching from afar! I too am a bigot when all I can do is watch the newsreels spin their ways upon the social couch potatoes!

December 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
    • JWT

MADD has been around fro 25 years.

December 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • Not So

You are being very dishonest again, Lambo. As I said, drunk driving laws and enforcement got a LOT more strict due to the public outcry of groups such as MADD. You said where is the outcry about DUI, I showed you where, and what it did. Y

You are a sophist in the worst sense of the word. You have no interest in facts or truth; you just want to pervert anything and everything so that you can have your god and guns. You are utterly dishonest, which theoretically a Christian should not be but inreality, is the norm (Huckabee is doing the same thing).

And your diarrhetoric is the dumbest self-impressed foppery I have ever encountered.

December 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  9. Apple Bush

God's plan" is the way that Christians traditionally explain things like school massacres miscarriages, amputations, cancer, hurricanes and car accidents.

For example, if a Christian dies a painful and tragic death because of cancer, she dies as part of God's plan. Her death has a purpose. God called her home for a reason. Even if something bad happens to a Christian, it is actually good because it is part of God's plan.

You can see how pervasive "God's plan" is by looking in Christian inspirational literature. For example;

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

There is also this:

Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you.

Under this view of the universe, God plans everything.
    Take a moment and think about this, "He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death." Let's examine one simple implication of this statement. What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child (God chose the "exact time" of the death, the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die in the United States through abortion.

If God's plan is true, then each one of those abortions was meticulously planned by God.

If God does not intend for us to perform abortions, is it then wrong that God has a plan? If God has a plan, is he not the direct cause of every abortion? Simply think it through, and you will begin to see the problems in this proposition.

Think about Adolph Hitler. He was evil incarnate, and Hitler is well known for the atrocious things he did. What I would like you to do right now is to consider this statement: "Hitler is part of God's Plan." Think about this:

God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes. He has a reason for everything he creates. Every plant and every animal was planned by God, and every person was designed with a purpose in mind.

If God has a divine plan for each of us, then he had a divine plan for Hitler too. It is when you stop to think about it deeply that the contradictions hit you.

Now let's imagine that you say a prayer in this sort of universe. What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Christians seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.

Think about what God's plan means for you personally. If the plan happens to say that you will get hit by a bus tomorrow, or that terrorists will blow you up, or that you will be shot in the head four times, then that's what will happen. It would be the same with any disease. If you contract cancer this afternoon and die three months later, that is God's plan for you. Praying to cure the cancer is a waste. God plans for you to die, so you will die. He has pre-programmed the exact time of your death. There is nothing you can do to change the plan - no amount of prayer will help - because your death will have meaning and your death will cause side-effects that are also part of the plan.

Who will you marry? You actually have no choice in the matter. God has pre-planned your wedding in minute detail. "God knew that those two individuals [your parents] possessed exactly the right genetic makeup to create the custom 'you' that he had in mind. They had the DNA God wanted to make you." Therefore, your spouse was pre-chosen by God for you so that you would create the children who are a part of his plan. You also have no choice in the number of children you will have - God has pre-planned their births.

In addition, this sort of universe means that Hitler is blameless. Hitler was not "evil," because Hitler had no free will at all. Hitler was simply an actor forced to play his role in God's plan. God planned for millions of people to die in the Holocaust - he planned their deaths in exact detail. Hitler had to kill those people. Hitler was God's puppet in making that those millions of deaths happen right on schedule.

In the same way then, every murderer is blameless. Since God has planned each of our deaths in exact detail, murderers are actually essential to God's plan. Why do we punish them? We should be rewarding them for doing their God-planned duty. What if you get raped tomorrow and get pregnant? God did that because he planned the exact time of that child's birth and death. God actually pre-planned your rape, and the rapist was God's puppet. Rather than hating the rapist, we should celebrate God's plan.

Do you believe that murderers and rapists should be rewarded? Do you believe that Hitler was sent by God to kill millions of people in the Holocaust? Do you believe that God is the direct cause of every abortion on this planet? Do you believe that you have no choice in your spouse or the number of children you have? Probably not. But that is what you are saying when you state that Hitler or cancer or anything else is part of "God's plan."

If you think about it as an intelligent person, you will realize that the statement "It is part of God's plan" is one of those meaningless palliatives. When you sit down and think it through using your common sense, the statement makes no sense.

December 16, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
    • Atheist Basher

More illogical, fallacious atheist rambling? There's SO much wrong with that long post....

December 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
    • Apple Bush

What is wrong with it?

December 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
    • This was not God's Plan!

It is not God’s plan for bad things to happen! God doesn’t want us to hurt He doesn’t want little innocent children killed that is the evil in this world. Call it what you want! Satan, demons, sin I don’t really care but don’t call it God! God can make good come from hurt if we allow it but this was not God’s will for these children.

December 16, 2012 at 11:14 pm |
  10. Craig Stanton

Yeah, just what this country needs, mixing plentiful guns with God. A right-wing demagogue's wet dream. Huckabee should stick to microwaving innocent squirrels and leave attempts at brain activity to others.

December 16, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
    • Keith O. Harmon

Right and wrong are taught at home by the beliefs and examples of parents and family. Schools must support all faiths of their children's families. Automatic weapons respect neither life nor family values.

December 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  11. lionlylamb

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.-Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.-Albert Einstein

December 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • Your sleaze is busted, LiarlyLame

Classic out-of-context perversion of what Einstein really meant.

The second quote you provided comes from a letter, which if you read it in full, you will find this: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

From the same letter. Here is what Einstein said about it afterwards: "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

What you did was very intelectually dishonest. Very dishonest. Downright sleazy.

December 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  12. Bible Bob, Knight of Infallibillibabbity

Religion would have stopped this.

You see, the shooter was insane. You prevent insanity the same way you prevent the flu. You give an innoculation, a bit of what will come, to get the immune system up and ready. The innoculation must be the same thing as the disease, which is insanity. So you innoculate them with religion, and their immune system kicks in.

That's all sciencey and stuff, you atheist homo-lovers, so I'm right, you're wrong, nya nya nya!. It already works here in the South, where we have a crime rate so low that there is no crime.

December 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • Athy

Like!

December 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  13. Apple Bush

Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe? Why doesn't a book written by an omniscient being leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight? Wouldn't you expect the author to tell us things that scientists have not been able to discover yet?

Yet, when we open the Bible and actually read it, we find it is nothing like that at all. Instead of leaving us in awe, it leaves us dumbfounded by all of the nonsense and backwardness that it contains. If you read what the Bible actually says, you find that the Bible is ridiculous. The Bible is a book written thousands of years ago by primitive men. A book that advocates senseless murder, slavery and the oppression of women.

Why would anyone want to adopt this horrible book as a basis for a religion and a lifestyle?

December 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • JWT

Most of the religious people I know adopt the parts of the bible that make sense such as loving your neighbor and all that. They ignore the garbage. They also understand that their religious is theirs and not yours and do not expect you to adopt their beliefs.

Regretfully not all people are willing to accept the way things are and insist that everyone believe it all (their version of it anyway)

December 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • God

It's true. I am a boring author. I gave up writing years ago, because I'm just not very good. I wanted to tell people how to behave, and instead I ended up with begatty geneologies and guys in the bellies of fish and four totally different versions of the resurrection (oh why didn't I edit better?) and a bunch of laws about stoning family members to death for trivial thing.

I totally fumbled that project. But I am great at natural disasters and diseases and tragedies, so I decided to just do what I do best.

December 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  14. Bootyfunk

s God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?
    - David Hume, echoing the logical formulation that we have dubbed the "Epicurean Riddle"

December 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • Atheist Basher

Hume's insane illogic was refuted long ago. If you were objective, even you could see through it.

December 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Please elaborate on how this has been refuted.

December 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  15. Mike Hucksterbee

Oh yes, more exposure to religion is the answer. That's why religious countries have less crime than secular ones.

What? Religious countries have MORE crime?

Uh, well, you can clearly see that the Bible Belt is safer and has less crime than those hatefully secular parts like the west.

What? The Bible Belt has much more crime? Much higher murder rates?

Ignore the facts! God hates facts! Put God back in school! The Amish NEVER have school shootings!

What? Dead Amish girls?

You know, reality is a real pain if you are religious.

December 16, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
    • Danielrsss

Think about it, did we have mass shootings in schools before God was removed. Yes, facts are hard to handle, especially for those people who look at things without including God. Just for the record Connecticut has pretty stiff gun laws. They did not keep him from getting one. Another one would not have stopped him from entering the school either. Oh and by the way, if the teachers had been packing, he would not have gotten past the first room. One more thing, when people are taught that life is not precious, they place very littel value on it for anyone else or themselves. If they are taught that they will answer to God, they will place more value on life. The Ten Commandments is a nice place to start. Take that sixth commandment. What was it, "Thou Shalt NOT KILL." I think God said that.

December 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
    • OTOH

Daniel,
      " when people are taught that life is not precious, they place very littel value on it for anyone else or themselves"

Atheists actually consider life to be more precious than believers do. This is it. No do-overs. No "so sorry, Jesus" with one's last breath and on to the happy-ever-after.

December 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
    • OTOH

Mike Hucksterbee,

Excellent!

December 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  16. JJ

Pastor Huckabee is saying don't waste our time trying to make laws that further protect our children but allow Christians to proselytize and indoctrinate our children in our tax payer funded public schools via his tax exempt cult. This is his solution to all our problems.

December 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
    • Mike "Huckster" Huckabee

The NRA has suddenly been VERY generous to my coffers. No relation to my bait-and-switch smoke screen tactics at all. None. Really.

December 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  17. And he wanted to be president.

Insane guy kills people.

Religious fanatics scream that the lack of god in school is to blame.

I don't think non sequiturs get any more foolish or extreme or ridiculous than that.

December 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
    • Anon

Yet these religious f-cktards have the audacity to blame lack of faith (basically atheism) for causing this.

December 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
  18. Reasonably

There is plenty of prayer in church-run schools. No one is stopping parents from enrolling their children there.

December 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
    • Akira

Kids can even pray in public school; it's done all the time, privately.

December 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Akira, praying doesn't count unless there is someone to watch and admire what a good Christian you are.

December 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
    • Athy

Right on! If you pray alone nobody's listening so it doesn't "take."

December 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • Akira

But...but...you mean prayer is a spectator sport?

December 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
    • Apple Bush

See and be seen! What other use do churches have?

December 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  19. Get Real

More people god wants to kill!

Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.

That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.

December 16, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • +

Get Real, those scriptures are explaining that non believers refuse to learn and abide in God's truth. Obviously, those non believer were not stoned to death back then. If the obeyed God, we wouldn't have non believers today. I find it ironic that all you non believers pull out the scriptures pertaining to nonbelievers. The Bible explains the believers and non believers in the world. His truth is ever lasting.

December 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
  20. Apple Bush

Why I hate churches by Apple Bush:

1. The music. Who in their right mind would enjoy those awful hymns? (There are exceptions for Gospel and Gregorian chants) The lyrics are almost as painful as the music.

2. The textures. The polyester pews, the velvet in the bottom of the collection plate and hanging from the pulpits. The carpet with its static electricity. White table cloths with coffee stains. When I walk in a church it is like finger nails on a chalk board.

3. The smells. It smells like old people, stale coffee and ass.

4. The décor. There is a reason so many horror movies are set in churches.

5. Children’s bible school. Child abuse and mental anguish. You can see it on the face of every suffering child you encounter.

6. PowerPoint. Churches still use PowerPoint and they keep getting bigger screens and monitors. This creeps me out.

December 16, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

for me, it's the child molesters wearing white collars.

December 16, 2012 at 4:02 pm |