home
RSS
February 27th, 2013

Fill in the blank: Jesus is____

(CNN)– Justin Bieber's pastor, Judah Smith, says his book 'Jesus Is" challenges people to have a discussion about who Jesus was.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Jesus

soundoff (2,732 Responses)
  1. Britt

Jesus Christ is . . . Worshipped by millions SOURCE:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=360]

March 3, 2013 at 12:26 am |
    • Religion is

Superstition!

And your point is..?

March 3, 2013 at 12:34 am |
    • Answer

Those millions are said to be billions .. but what do they really know anyways?

A bunch of clowns that can't accept reality is all they are.

March 3, 2013 at 1:08 am |
    • o

You deny God as the spiritual source of the physical reality

March 3, 2013 at 1:32 am |
    • Answer

O do you really want to go and DENY all the other gods? Funny isn't it? XD

March 3, 2013 at 1:44 am |
    • Britt

My Point? These millions of outstanding citizens can't all be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v= hnvlpNVQocw

March 3, 2013 at 1:45 am |
    • Answer

Oh yah those big numbers sure are convincing..

Let's all be lemmings and jump off that cliff like the one before it. Sure convinces me that if I follow the crowd that I will be right.

March 3, 2013 at 1:55 am |
    • End Religion

Millions eat at McDonald's. Doesn't mean it is good for you. You have the logic of a 7 year old.

March 3, 2013 at 2:02 am |
    • Religion is

Superstition!

Truth is not established by popular vote.

March 3, 2013 at 2:07 am |
    • Austin

The Holy spirit has a personal seal,,a claim on someone who is saved. This results in resurrection power. He bears the truth of his word on your heart, and ministers to you personally. Starts with understanding the law of sin.

Then you gain spiritual sight and hearing. This has been an incredible experience. The living God is sovereign.

Jehovah Shammah. The Lord is There!

March 3, 2013 at 2:12 am |
    • o

You are fighting against the source of love, while others praise him

March 3, 2013 at 2:13 am |
    • Answer

The same bs every day Austin won't change your delusion.

Your kind are the losers and thank god you're dying off.

March 3, 2013 at 2:20 am |
    • Answer

What ever happened to just going away and just praying?

Are you retarded christians not going to care about your prayers?

March 3, 2013 at 2:22 am |
  2. Britt

Jesus Christ is... In His OWN WORDS He said " John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life ..."

March 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm |
    • Austin

The Lord liveth, And blessed be the Rock, And let the God of my salvation be exalted!

The angels in heaven fear Him and conclude, that our God is an awesome God!

March 2, 2013 at 11:49 pm |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

Any decent cult leader would say the same thing

March 3, 2013 at 12:03 am |
    • Religion is

Superstition!

You people sound like blithering idiots. Totally and hopelessly biblewashed.

March 3, 2013 at 12:05 am |
    • Austin

It's not brainwashing when you have a livid hatred for Christianity, and then
      God gets your attention.

March 3, 2013 at 12:14 am |
    • Britt

Thank you, we are washed by the Blood of The Lamb! ( remember passover?)

March 3, 2013 at 12:16 am |
    • End Religion

"For further evidence of the true cause of gravity—that we are being pushed down by His Noodly Appendages—we need only look at our historical records. The average height of h u m a n s two thousand years ago was about five feet three inches for males, compared with an average height of around five feet ten inches for males today. Useless by itself, this information becomes quite important when viewed in terms of worldwide population. Humans, apparently obsessed with fucking, have increased their numbers exponentially over the years. We find, counter-intuitively, that a small population correlates with shorter humans, and a larger population correlates with taller humans². This only makes sense in light of the FSM theory of gravity. With more people on earth today, there are fewer Noodly Appendages to go around, so we each receive less touching—pushing down toward the earth—and thus, with less force downward, we're taller."
      – Gospel of FSM

(²) If we are to believe that height is a function of nutrition, as we're told, then a smaller population with more food available per person should correlate to a taller height. This is not what we find.

March 3, 2013 at 12:16 am |
    • End Religion

Only a twisted and bizarre death cult adherent would be gleeful about bathing in blood.

March 3, 2013 at 12:19 am |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

"What do you do then. What would you do, if you experienced a supernatural spirit. ?"

I would try and figure out who slipped me the mickey finn.

March 3, 2013 at 12:20 am |
    • Bostontola

Simon of Peraea, Athronges, Theudas, Menachem Ben Judah, Vespasian. Just a sampling of people claiming to be the messiah around the time of Jesus. I won't even argue whether Jesus said what is in your passage. I just don't see why you would regard it as unquestionable.

March 3, 2013 at 12:24 am |
    • Britt

ONLY The Blood of THE Lamb can wash your sins as white as snow, so you do not suffer the 2nd Death.

March 3, 2013 at 12:29 am |

Nisan 14. Passover, crucifixion
      Nisan 15. Unleavened bread Representedmrisingmup out of bondage in Egypt
      Nisan 16. First fruits festival. And resurrection

49 days later. Feast of weeks. Assention to heaven.
      All feasts were consecrated around 1400 bc.
      Israel's rising up out of slavery out of Egypt, set apart by the Passover, is foreshadowing the deliverance from sin, through the blood of the lamb.

March 3, 2013 at 12:31 am |
    • Austin

Dont you see howmeverything Israel and moses were doing, Passover unleavened bread, first fruits, and feast of weeks, we're prophetic pictures of Jesus Christ?

That is so unbelievably powerful. Only God coul do this and then be crucified by Romans. While Israel was sacrificing their Passover lambs. Now read isaiah 53. Thenprophecy about the suffering savior.

March 3, 2013 at 12:39 am |

53 Who has believed our message
          and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
      2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
          and like a root out of dry ground.
      He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
          nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
      3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
          a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
      Like one from whom people hide their faces
          he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
      4 Surely he took up our pain
          and bore our suffering,
      yet we considered him punished by God,
          stricken by him, and afflicted.
      5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
          he was crushed for our iniquities;
      the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
          and by his wounds we are healed.
      6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
          each of us has turned to our own way;
      and the Lord has laid on him
          the iniquity of us all.
      7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
          yet he did not open his mouth;
      he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
          and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
          so he did not open his mouth.
      8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
          Yet who of his generation protested?
      For he was cut off from the land of the living;
          for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
      9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
          and with the rich in his death,
      though he had done no violence,
          nor was any deceit in his mouth.
      10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
          and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
      he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
          and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
      11 After he has suffered,
          he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
      by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
          and he will bear their iniquities.
      12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
          and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
      because he poured out his life unto death,
          and was numbered with the transgressors.

March 3, 2013 at 12:43 am |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

-Charles Manson

March 3, 2013 at 1:08 am |
    • Answer

With one stupid pathetic verse these religious cretins think they've cornered the rest of the world into their way of thinking. Utterly pathetic.

Here's my favorite quote to you I-D-I-O-T-S : "Don't be stupid."

March 3, 2013 at 1:10 am |
    • Austin

No really. The Moses Passover picture of the crucifixion, and Isaiah 53 is a divine prophetic breathtaking fulfillment.

And themholymspirit reveals himself within the heart of men and women.

March 3, 2013 at 1:15 am |
    • Answer

No really.. don't be stupid Austin.

March 3, 2013 at 1:16 am |
    • Britt

That's INCREDIBLE Austin, thanks sooo much for putting that together for the unbelievers and the believers as well. You certainly are storing treasures in heaven. And it's OK to be stupid for the Lord, He knows your heart and those of every commenter on this site. I'll most likely see you in a galaxy The Creator of the Entire Universe The Lord Jesus Christ is spreading out before us as we type, live and breath.

March 3, 2013 at 1:34 am |
    • End Religion

This is hilarious. Britt has chosen to side with a completely insane person who has been to prison due to his drunk driving and has constant hallucinations of religious/demon revelation. Wise choice, Britt, wise choice.

March 3, 2013 at 1:38 am |
    • Austin

God bless you Britt, I will pray for you.keep it up!

March 3, 2013 at 1:44 am |
    • Answer

Ya Britt carry onwards. Onto your death bed and still waiting for the second coming. Tell your children you were wrong in this lifetime. Tell them that it's in THEIR lifetime. XD

March 3, 2013 at 1:45 am |

DUI
      Jail
      You got me. And I had way worse problems, and the lord has fished me out of the deep waters. His mercies, spiritual perception, is a blessing, even when he allows you an encounter with demonic power. He turns one over to Satan as a tool for judgment. It's better than the destruction of the soul.

March 3, 2013 at 1:49 am |
    • Answer

Ya those sob stories by a wretched person. Oh poor you Austin.

Look at you turned to jeebus and now you give credit to a delusion instead of the people themselves who took care to see you get back onto your own feet. You pass the credit to not the actual hands that gave you the will to help yourself but a delusion.

You're a piece of work alright. More sob stories please. Include in why your parents abandoned you also. XD

March 3, 2013 at 1:53 am |
    • Britt

1). End Religion This is hilarious." I'm glad you are smiling at the posts and not out drunk driving. If Austin isn't perfect, then God can use him like all the imperfect heroes in the bible like David, Gideon, etc.
      2). "Answer Ya Britt carry onwards" Jesus said no one knows the day nor the hour, but the season can be discerned. REPENT SOON, Lest you must live thru the 7-year tribulation and risk taking the mark of the beast on your hand or head.
      3). Austin, pray for the unbelievers in the post and the hard workers at CNN more. Media is one of top hated jobs in the world so they need lots of prayer to keep their sanity. Esp. CNN in ATL.

March 3, 2013 at 1:58 am |
    • Answer

Oh look at that word "repent". Or what?

Let's see you pull out the threat of hell. Go on I wanna see how much you can dance to it.

March 3, 2013 at 1:59 am |

Please take Britt's advice there Austin.. pray for us. LOL

Do nothing more than pray.. because really we love it when you do nothing. Don't go and vote every again. Just sit at home til you die and pray. All you cretins do that – sit home FOREVER and pray for us.

March 3, 2013 at 2:02 am |
    • Austin

You bet, I'll do that. Take care.

March 3, 2013 at 2:04 am |
    • Answer

Don't come back now.. stay off your computer and just pray.

March 3, 2013 at 2:06 am |
  3. Austin

Akira, I don't know who her is, And I never threatened you, Idk what you are talking about.

March 2, 2013 at 11:10 pm |

==quote==

Austin

Watch your mouth......ya you.
      ==end==

Onset of sin being committed by the hypocrite. -> " the 11 year old teaching the 3 year old to say shut up"

March 2, 2013 at 11:18 pm |
    • Akira

Well, perhaps "threaten" was too harsh a word, Austin. And I was talking about these:

"Mob style below the belt cheap shot slander and name calling attacks."
      "Watch your mouth....ya you".

"Her" being lol??, unless that is who you were referring to in the first place.

March 2, 2013 at 11:20 pm |
    • Austin

Dang.. M. That's funny though.

I was talking to anyone and everyone who does the name calling .

I like you Akira. I just don't like slandering the authentic ministry of the Holy spirit, with claims that hitlers ww2 was inspired by xianity Hitler is in hell, meaning he was not saved. He was not a Christian, He was an apostate. He was evil.

Thenproblem is, you don't believe in the great apostasy or Antichrist deceivers, and so you group these deceivers in with legitimate Christianity. Same as the crusades. This is garbage and it is a dangerous thing to take the Lords name in vain, and to defame you neighbor or God. Hitler took the Lords name in vain.

March 2, 2013 at 11:35 pm |
    • Akira

Now, see Austin, there you go again.

I am not going to discuss Hitler with you again.
      I do not slander Christianity; I stated a fact. Whether you agree or not doesn't change that fact.
      And for the last time, and please retain this: I don't think Hitler represented Christianity any more than Westboro Baptist Church does.

The REAL problem is that you know not what I believe, and so, with one fact that I stated, you lumped me into some sort of category of your own devising, and presume to tell me what I believe or don't believe.
      This is a big problem with you; your absolute presumption that you know, when you don't.

As I said, I am not going to talk about Hitler again, and if you continue to bring him up with me, I am going to conclude that you are doing so as some sort of warped wish to get a negative reaction from me, which it most certainly will. In other words, when you see me on the board, saying "hello, Akira" is a much better salutation than "Akira, was Hitler Christian?" as you have repeatedly done. Ignoring me is an option, also, if you cannot restrain yourself.

Just stop it. It is getting tedious, and I dislike tedium as much as I dislike people making assumptions about me based on the one sentence I wrote that started off this whole disgusting debacle to begin with.

Are we clear?

March 3, 2013 at 12:24 am |
    • Austin

Akira , I had read some of your other posts. What is the point in you saying.....you don't know what I believe? Are you being secretive? If you aren't defending the cross it doesn't matter.

You matter to God!

March 3, 2013 at 1:09 am |
    • Answer

You matter to no one Austin.

March 3, 2013 at 1:10 am |
    • Jenesea

It MEANS, Austin, that you don't know what she believes and she is under no obligation to tell you. I've read both your posts and her posts, and now you are just going out of your way to be as antagonistic as you possibly can. Leave her alone. You're being a bully for Jesus, and that is NOT what He wants. What is your PROBLEM, anyway? You dig her or something?

March 3, 2013 at 1:21 am |
    • Answer

It's the most common tactic used by the pathetic religious wretches.

They pretend to spew "love", "guidance" and try to "save you" by any ridiculous means possible. All they want is for themselves to be satisfied that they've reduced a person to becoming a piece of turd to accept their "savior".

They're doing you a "favor" by making you become a loser so that their loser-ish ways can to taught to you.

March 3, 2013 at 1:27 am |
    • Austin

This is sick. I have never called her a name. She has called me over ten. And Been rude, and my only point, is that saying Adolfo hitler was a Christian, is a satanic lie.

She has made comments on my personality, called me filth, and I don't bother with her beliefs, I don't like the slander of Christ with hitler. M hitler was not a Christian, he was a deceiver.

I speak on this subject, not on the person of Akira. She speaks on my person. I believe in evil and satanic deception. I urge you not to take part in it. Hitler is in hell. He was not a Christian.

March 3, 2013 at 1:31 am |
    • Answer

Wish all you like Austin.. Hitler is in your heaven. Having a can of beer and talking and chatting with god and having his fair share of p-u-s-s-y.

March 3, 2013 at 1:33 am |
    • End Religion

Let this settle it: There is no hell, Hitler was a Christian, and Austin is filth. Can we all agree on this?

March 3, 2013 at 1:35 am |
    • Answer

If you'll acknowledge that Austin is one piece of psychological garbage also.

March 3, 2013 at 1:36 am |
    • Austin

While we were yet sinners. Christians need a savior because of our disease of sin. All the glory is for Jesus. I am not reducing anyone. There is one human race. We all in the same boat.

March 3, 2013 at 1:37 am |
    • Answer

People who are this psychological weak are so prone to the fanaticism of religions. They're really doing themselves more damage by coming to any blogs to try to convince themselves that the gods they've created are real.

March 3, 2013 at 1:38 am |
    • Answer

Austin.. you are a sinner. You want to have a claim on that "piece of turd syndrome". That is your right.

You are THAT piece of turd that you yourself has made of your own life. Cherish it.

March 3, 2013 at 1:40 am |
  4. End Religion

"Take gravity, for example: the force of attraction between massive particles. We know a great deal about the properties of gravity, yet we know nothing about the cause of the force itself. Why are particles attracted to one other? If we review the literature, we find a lot of material dealing with the properties of gravity, but very little dealing with the underlying cause of this attraction. Until we have a proven answer to this question, it seems irresponsible to instruct students in what is, ultimately, just a theory. However, if we must discuss the theory of gravity at all, then it's reasonable that all suggested theories should be given equal time, since none have been proven or disproven. Therefore, I formally submit that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is behind this strange and often misunderstood force.

What if it is He, pushing us down with His Noodly Appendages, that causes this force? He is invisible, remember, and is undetectable by current instruments, so in theory it is possible. And the fact that the gravitational powers of the Spaghetti Monster haven't been disproven makes it all the more likely to be true. We can only guess as to His motives, but it's logical to assume that if He is going to such trouble, there is a good reason. It could be that He doesn't want us floating off earth into space, or maybe just that He enjoys touching us—we may never know(1)."
    – Gospel of FSM

(1) It would appear that midgets receive the most FSM touching—thus placing them on a pedestal in His eyes.

March 2, 2013 at 11:07 pm |
    • Britt

Jesus Christ, The Creator of the Entire Universe required to created gravity, as well as every single atomic particle. He is the most creative of all.

March 2, 2013 at 11:46 pm |
    • Austin

ER. , You are justified. We love you.

Start by Yelling at God for the reasons you are mad at Him. Because of you moral objections that He is harsh? It's ok to be mad at God sometimes. He takes you right where you are at.

But God demonstrates His love for us in this, even while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

March 2, 2013 at 11:55 pm |
    • End Religion

Austin, Britt,

The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Creator of the Entire Universe required to created gravity, as well as every single atomic particle. He is the most creative of all.

Start by Yelling at FSM for the reasons you are mad at Him. Because of you moral objections that He is harsh? It's ok to be mad at FSM sometimes. He takes you right where you are at.

But FSM demonstrates His love for us in this, even while we were yet sinners, FSM boiled for us.

March 3, 2013 at 12:56 am |
  5. lol??

The pwoblem with naturalists is they are naturally indecisive. They are always lookin' for a mob for backup.

March 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm |
    • Akira

The problem with you is that you make generalizations about people you don't even know and somehow think typing with a lisp is "cute".

March 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
    • Austin

Mob style below the belt cheap shot slander and name calling attacks.

March 2, 2013 at 10:41 pm |
    • Austin

Watch your mouth......ya you.

March 2, 2013 at 10:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Jane, lol?? doesn't have anything worth saying but tries to goad people who do contribute. What's the appropriate response?

March 2, 2013 at 10:44 pm |
    • lol??

Indecisive, TT??

March 2, 2013 at 10:47 pm |
    • Johnny Guitar

The best response is to go turn on a nice movie and ignore the dingbats. lol??, Chad, Topher, Austin, et al are going to remain jabbering nincompoops for therest of their lives, and anyone who listens to them will be pushed closer to atheism.

I'm off to watch Kurosawa's "Stray Dog."

March 2, 2013 at 11:01 pm |
    • Akira

It's perfectly fine for her to attack people if she's a "good" Christian, Austin? Is that it? And you don't want to threaten me, Austin. Ever.

March 2, 2013 at 11:04 pm |
  6. End Religion

Live MMA fights from Japan are on FuelTV tonight. Maybe this'll finally be the night they begin pitting lions against Christians. Keep your fingers "crossed."

March 2, 2013 at 10:21 pm |
    • Austin

I had a dream once I was hanging from a rope and a lion was jumping up trying to get me.

I did a word study in the bible on lion and found a comparable verse. I thought that was neat.

March 2, 2013 at 10:27 pm |

@End Religion –

Thanks for the heads-up. Love me some MMA.

March 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

I had a dream I was eating bacon once, I woke up and my wife was making bacon.....that was cool.

March 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
    • Austin

Really, once a demon showed me a dead cat in a dream, and I woke up and it was actually dead, and that was the onlyn24 hr period I ever saw it. Never had a demon show me any other dead animal in a dream. Do a statistical analysis genius.

March 2, 2013 at 10:45 pm |
    • Doobs

Again with the dead cat dreams.

March 2, 2013 at 10:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Any cat resurrections? That would be impressive, Austin.

March 2, 2013 at 10:52 pm |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

My dream was very similar.....except it was a dead pig.

March 2, 2013 at 10:55 pm |
    • Oh Mighty Isis

I like bacon. I like it the best with eggs and hashbrowns.

March 2, 2013 at 11:01 pm |
  7. Jizelle

Invite you to watch the Bible series starting on History channel tomorrow. 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm |
    • Religion is

Superstition!

It's gotten bad reviews. And, being an devout atheist, it definitely wouldn't interest me. I'd rather watch the science channel, even if it's a rerun.

March 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
    • Steph

Christians are cheesy in real life, and ChristianTV shows are even more stinky. The worst of the worst on TV. Yucko.

March 2, 2013 at 9:15 pm |
    • Doobs

Have you ever seen one of their movies about Revelation? My fundie church used to show one about once a year. The acting is hilarious and the special effects are, well, special.

March 2, 2013 at 10:13 pm |
    • Blessed are the Cheesemakers

Is that before or after Ancient Aliens?

March 2, 2013 at 10:27 pm |
    • Roger that

When I first saw the preview for this, I was interested. After reading about it, I feel the same as the others. It is just a waist of time. It should be on TBN and not the History Channel. I'm surprised Mark Burnett didn't hire Kurt Cameron to play a leading role. Burnett was inspired to make this after he watched The Ten Commandments. Really? It sounds like it is nothing more than proselytizing by a famous producer or he is simply trying to make a buck. Either way, I'm not interested.

March 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
    • lol??

Nuthin' new about channeling. It's historical and been usurped by science.

March 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
    • lol??

Nuthin' wrong with TBN that bankruptcy can't cure.

March 2, 2013 at 10:45 pm |
    • Akira

Mark Burnett seems very proud of the fact that he has helped decimate television by the glut of "reality" shows that are so prevalent now.
      I used to watch TV to escape reality, lol...

March 2, 2013 at 11:28 pm |
  8. The obvious truth

No evidence means a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance any god exists. That's the same for Thor, YHWH, and leprechauns.

No evidence means a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance atheists are right.

As close to decisive as you can get.

March 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm |
    • lol??

Any references on that "no evidence"??

March 2, 2013 at 10:13 pm |
    • Akira

Your brain, lol??.

March 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm |
    • Britt

There's PLENTY of evidence that Jesus Christ, The Creator of the Entire Universe exists. BUT one must seek. Matt. 7:7

March 2, 2013 at 11:49 pm |
  9. Bob

Thanks to Really-O, we can observe how Chad was posting as Rachel. Today, Chad is denying it, the liar.

So, thanks again, Really-O. The link to look at again is
    Caught!

March 2, 2013 at 7:35 pm |
    • Platypus Rex

Based on how weaselly Chad is in debate, and how disreputable his fallacious argumentation techniques, I have no problem accepting Rachel is one of Chad's many alter egos.

March 2, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Wow. Just wow. What a lying little turd.

Rachel
      @Rufus T. Firefly "Chad, there is a problem with all of these creationist claims that life as we know it is too statistically improbable to have come about naturally."

=>statistics is the appropriate tool to reach decisions on things that lend themselves to probabilistic models.

right?

March 2, 2013 at 8:51 pm |

@Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son – regarding Bob's post

Good stuff, no? We need to pepper this blog with that link – cold hard evidence Chad is one dishonest, sad little man.

March 2, 2013 at 8:56 pm |
    • Correctlycenter

These posts prove that atheists dedicate an awful amount of wasted energy attempting to disprove God who supposedly doesn't exist. And, that they show their true character of sarcasm, negativism, vulgarity and offensive lies. True traits of the evil one...

March 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, CC, what they prove is that people like me have very good reason to dislike people like you, Chad, and others.

You've done not a thing to improve my opinion of zealots, CC. In fact, you reinforce it. I like Christians less now than I ever did before I started reading here.

March 2, 2013 at 9:07 pm |
    • Akira

CorrectlyCenter, these posts prove that Chad is a lying little twit, nothing more, nothing less. Defending his makes YOU look suspect.

Oh, that was Chad, all right. Notice how immediately afterwards, he abandoned his => ?

March 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm |
    • lol??

Pipe sayz,
      ".......... I like Christians less now than I ever did before I started reading here." AAAaahhh, ye ol' pwogwessive revelation.

March 2, 2013 at 10:16 pm |
  10. Bostontola

Many believe that god endowed humans with free will. If a person chooses to not believe in god, in many religions, that person is eternally damned. Given that consequence, defined up front by god, is that really free will?

March 2, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
    • Platypus Rex

Free will is never mentioned in the Bible. Free will is totally incompatible with an omniscient god who has known the future since he set it all in motion. As god had a plan for everything, that means you cannot possibly have any choice, and thus are not guilty of anything – god set you up. You only have the illusion of free will.

And now the really odd part: if God knew everything in advance, once he set it in motion, even he has no free will, for he cannot change it either, especially since it would alter revelations. God is trapped for billions of years acting exactly as he has always known he would (and must). Omniscient gods are paradoxically trapped in their own systems.

And, of course, it is uttely pointless for our omniscient god to even do it since he already knows the outcome. If you already know it, why do it? It's an insane little paradox.

Religion just falls apart when subjected to critical thought. That's why critical thought is so hated by religious people.

March 2, 2013 at 7:50 pm |
    • Britt

What is your def. of "eternally damned" Bostontola?

March 2, 2013 at 11:51 pm |
  11. Bostontola

What is true? Every religion can't be true, most are mutually contradictory. Either one is true and the others are false, or they are all false. Most members of each religion are completely convinced that they have truth. Since no religion represents a majority of the humans on earth, more than half are deluded. In fact, well more than half the people ever born were deluded.

I have a problem with a god that is willing to have the majority of people who have ever lived deluded.

March 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • Chad

so, your reason for rejecting the God of Israel is that not all people believe in Him?

What investigation have you done?

March 2, 2013 at 6:40 pm |
    • Bostontola

Chad,
      What investigation is needed? Do you think there is a religion that more than half the people on earth believe in?

March 2, 2013 at 6:42 pm |

@@chad

You have to admit, if a deity is supposedly spouting off a 'perfect' message it would lend credibility that the message is indeed not perfect if even one person chooses to ignore it.

March 2, 2013 at 6:48 pm |
    • Yeah Right

If all studies ever done in all the fields of science have failed to find any credible evidence of anything supernatural, then why is any study needed? If all the evidence ever known says "nothing there", then it is very safe to say "nothing there." In the face of a total lack of credible evidence of even a hint of anything supernatural, it is pretty crazy to say "something there," and to be even more specific and say "the thing for which no evidence exists is the God of Israel."

March 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • Chad

@Yeah Right "If all studies ever done in all the fields of science have failed to find any credible evidence of anything supernatural"

@Chad "science (the study of the natural) can not, by definition, be used to measure the non-natural (supernatural).

that's like asking "why are there no married bachelors"

March 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
    • Bostontola

Yeah Right,
      The argument above is logically closed without having to address the existence or not of a god. The fact that science has never validated supernatural phenomena proves nothing. It is a logical fact that if there is a god, it is satisfied having the majority of humans deluded for the entirety of their lives.

March 2, 2013 at 6:59 pm |

@Bostontola,
      you should investigate it before rejecting it. If you havent investigated it, you have no basis whatsoever to reject the God of Israel.

@Damocles,
      the "I would have done it differently" argument isnt much of an argument, especially when the person advancing it has done no investigation at all in to the subject..

March 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Then you admit you have no evidence for the existence of god.

March 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"If you havent investigated it, you have no basis whatsoever to reject the God of Israel."

I have just as much basis to reject him as you do to accept him.

March 2, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
    • Chad

What is your basis for rejecting Him?

March 2, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
    • Bostontola

Chad,
      How do you know I haven't investigated god?

Can you address my observation above?

March 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I see no evidence he exists. I am not saying he doesn't, but I see nothing that indicates he does. Can you present any evidence? You've been here for years, blabbing on and on, and yet there is no evidence.

Why do you continue to insist you have some, when all you have is a belief and faith?

March 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm |

@@chad

See, now you take the stance that anyone who does not believe as you do has not looked into it. I did, the idea of a perfect message that is obviously flawed is evidence. The fact that supposed prayer is a crapshoot at best is evidence. The fact that a loving deity murders, is evidence. The fact that you lend credence to the possibility that I, as a mere mortal, could have done things better is evidence.

March 2, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
    • Religion is

Superstition!
      If it's supernatural and can't be investigated by normal methods, how can it be investigated?

March 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • Science

Chad you dizzy yet???

Paece

March 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • .

Chad, have you ivestigated every other claim of a diety? Why not? Not doing so would invalidate YOUR assertion that your God of Israel be investigated. Insisting that people who don't believe in ANY God investigate YOUR God is retarded. Drop it. It makes you look dim-witted.

March 2, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • Doobs

Why is it perfectly fine to accept your idea of god with no investigation, but not to reject him with no investigation? Most christians don't investigate why they believe what they believe, they've usually heard it since childhood and don't bother to ask if any of it is really true. Yet, according to you, serious, extensive investigation must be done to reject god.

Why the double standard?

March 2, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
    • Science

Chad maybe you have them maybe not ???

Supreme Court to Decide if Human Genes Can Be ... – Reason Online

reason.com/24-7/2012/.../supreme-court-to-decide-if-human-genes-c

Nov 30, 2012 – The justices' decision will likely resolve an ongoing battle between scientists who believe that genes carrying the secrets of life should not be exploited for commercial gain and companies that argue that a patent is a reward ...

No god(s) needed for patent !!!!!

March 2, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
    • Science

Chad do you have the genes in you ???

Peace

March 2, 2013 at 7:30 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

If you think what Chad is doing is "showing the light" to the world, you're as delusional as Austin. If anything, Chad shows everyone the very worst of religious beliefs. His posts do nothing to convince anyone that there's a god worth knowing or loving-after all, do his posts sound like those of someone full of peace, joy, and love of others?

March 2, 2013 at 8:56 pm |
  12. Robert Brown

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

March 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm |

Micah 6:8 KJV

March 2, 2013 at 6:47 pm |
  13. Bob

Rachel is ... Chad.

March 2, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
  14. lol??

The A&A's have EDD, Ethics Deficit Disorder. bigots

March 2, 2013 at 5:24 pm |
    • Bostontola

Lol,
      Do you think all people who don't believe in god lack ethics?

March 2, 2013 at 5:31 pm |
    • OTOH

It's pretty hard to get more unethical than this alleged "God" of Israel.

- Toss out an ambiguous trail of breadcrumbs, some of which lead right off a cliff, and burn for eternity those who, in all sincerity, follow the wrong stupid trail...

March 2, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Akira

I see the idiot lol?? still hasn't grasped the meaning of the word "bigot". If she did, she would realize that she is the one who is guiltiest of that behavior.

March 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
    • Science

lol?? I guess you even have them.... mayber not !!!

Supreme Court to Decide if Human Genes Can Be ... – Reason Online

reason.com/24-7/2012/.../supreme-court-to-decide-if-human-genes-c

March 2, 2013 at 5:51 pm |
  15. perry

god

March 2, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
    • Roger that

And God is a character in a story book.

March 2, 2013 at 5:52 pm |
    • Live4Him

@Roger that : And God is a character in a story book.

How do you know this to be true?

March 2, 2013 at 6:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

How do you know it isn't, Lie4ever?

I hope you're keeping good records of your slam-list. I wouldn't want you to forget to ignore me.

March 2, 2013 at 6:44 pm |
    • .

Yeah, I. In the slam book. Lots of ...............going on there.

March 2, 2013 at 7:16 pm |
    • isch

demonic activity has become fever pitched

March 2, 2013 at 8:37 pm |
    • terry

i am sorry you cannot see the evidence.

March 2, 2013 at 10:39 pm |
    • doods

sorry they cannot see the evidence

March 2, 2013 at 10:42 pm |
  16. the AnViL

this is appropriate here too:

Jebus is – the flatly fictional figurehead of an ancient middle eastern slave cult.

it's a flat fact that ancient middle eastern slave cults are physically, psychologically, and socially dangerous to all of humanity.

the abrahamic religions are predicate on ignorance, misogyny, fear, hate, division, bigotry, and intolerance.

if one thing is clear, if history has shown us anything... it is the complete and total lack of divinity in xianity.

it is impossible for any adherent of xianity to "be nice" and still remain faithful to the admonitions, instructions and edicts in their bibles.

xians are virtually identical to their muslim cousins. they seek to control others and eschew liberty. they seek to restrict others and stomp on equality.

xianity – being a slave cult, has instilled the slave mentality in its adherents. they literally desire to be eternally dominated by an unjust, megalomaniacal, vain, jealous, homicidal, infanticidal, intolerant, bigoted, hate filled, imaginary man who lives in the sky.

they believe it is their moral, ethical, and divine duty to assert that if others do not believe as they do – they are damned to an eternity in a lake of fire. most of them, with great pride and glee are happy to point this out, and relish in the fact that those who do not agree with them will suffer infinitely. evidence of the malevolent nature of xianity.

time and again – xians prove themselves to be the true force of darkness in this world and an intolerable danger to our nation.

xianity is the enemy of freedom, liberty, and equality.
    tolerance of religious idiocy is coming to a swift end.

March 2, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
    • Chad

Can you name any serious scholar that claims Jesus didnt exist?

Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed,[5][6][7][8] and biblical scholars and cla ssical historians regard theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.[9][10][11] Scholars generally agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was born BC 7–2 and died AD 30–36.[12][13] Most scholars hold that Jesus lived in Galilee and Judea[14][15][16] and that he spoke Aramaic and may have also spoken Hebrew and Greek.[17][18][19][20][21] Although scholars differ on the reconstruction of the specific episodes of the life of Jesus, the two events whose historicity is subject to "almost universal as sent" are that he was baptized by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate.

[5] Jesus and His Contemporaries: Comparative Studies by Craig A. Evans 2001 ISBN 0391041185 pages 2-5
      [6] Christopher M. Tuckett In The Cambridge Companion to Jesus edited by Markus N. A. Bockmuehl 2001 ISBN 0521796784 pages 122-126
      [7] Amy-Jill Levine in the The Historical Jesus in Context edited by Amy-Jill Levine et al. 2006 Princeton Univ Press ISBN 978-0-691-00992-6 pages 1-2
      [8] Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium by Bart D. Ehrman (Sep 23, 1999) ISBN 0195124731 Oxford Univ Press pages ix-xi
      [9] In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman (who is a secular agnostic) wrote: "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees" B. Ehrman, 2011 Forged : writing in the name of God ISBN 978-0-06-207863-6. page 285
      ^ Robert M. Price (an atheist who denies existence) agrees that this perspective runs against the views of the majority of scholars: Robert M. Price "Jesus at the Vanishing Point" in The Historical Jesus: Five Views edited by James K. Beilby & Paul Rhodes Eddy, 2009 InterVarsity, ISBN 028106329X page 61
      [10] Michael Grant (a cla ssicist) states that "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary." in Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels by Micjhael Grant 2004 ISBN 1898799881 page 200
      [11] Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more." in Jesus Now and Then by Richard A. Burridge and Graham Gould (Apr 1, 2004) ISBN 0802809774 page 34
      [12] Robert E. Van Voorst Jesus Outside the New Testament: An Introduction to the Ancient Evidence Eerdmans Publishing, 2000. ISBN 0-8028-4368-9 page 16 states: "biblical scholars and cla ssical historians regard theories of non-existence of Jesus as effectively refuted"
      [13] James D. G. Dunn "Paul's understanding of the death of Jesus" in Sacrifice and Redemption edited by S. W. Sykes (Dec 3, 2007) Cambridge University Press ISBN 052104460X pages 35-36 states that the theories of non-existence of Jesus are "a thoroughly dead thesis"
      [14] The Gospels and Jesus by Graham Stanton, 1989 ISBN 0192132415 Oxford University Press, page 145 states : "Today nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed".
      [15] Paul L. Maier "The Date of the Nativity and Chronology of Jesus" in Chronos, kairos, Christos: nativity and chronological studies by Jerry Vardaman, Edwin M. Yamauchi 1989 ISBN 0-931464-50-1 pages 113-129
      [16] The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament by Andreas J. Köstenberger, L. Scott Kellum 2009 ISBN 978-0-8054-4365-3 page 114
      ^ Joel B. Green, Scot McKnight, I. Howard Marshall, Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels (InterVarsity Press, 1992), page 442
      [17] The Historical Jesus in Recent Research edited by James D. G. Dunn and Scot McKnight 2006 ISBN 1-57506-100-7 page 303
      [18] Who Is Jesus? by John Dominic Crossan, Richard G. Watts 1999 ISBN 0664258425 pages 28-29
      [19] James Barr, Which language did Jesus speak, Bulletin of the John Rylands University Library of Manchester, 1970; 53(1) pages 9-29 [1]
      [20] Handbook to exegesis of the New Testament by Stanley E. Porter 1997 ISBN 90-04-09921-2 pages 110-112
      [21] Discovering the language of Jesus by Douglas Hamp 2005 ISBN 1-59751-017-3 page 3-4
      ^ Jesus in history and myth by R. Joseph Hoffmann 1986 ISBN 0-87975-332-3 page 98

cue: ignore evidence, restate nonsense.

March 2, 2013 at 6:13 pm |
    • Bob

I'm a serious scholar and I claim that Jesus did not exist as a divine being.

And how are we today, Rachel (Chad)?

March 2, 2013 at 6:24 pm |

Hi Bob,

1. I agree that the there is no question regarding the historical existence of Jesus, and that they only question for the atheist to answer is regarding His divinity.
      2. Perhaps you can explain this weird notion on the part of atheists that there is only one Christian in the world, posting under a plethora of pseudonyms?

March 2, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Perhaps you can explain why Rachel only ever shows up when you're posting drivel and does nothing but kiss your ass.

March 2, 2013 at 6:42 pm |

Chad posting as "Rachel" –

Starting ~September 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm
      Busted – September 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm

March 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
    • the AnViL

chad – once again – copying and pasting from wikipedia has managed to ignorantly proclaim that there's no question about the veracity of the jebus story.

how disingenuous, dishonest, and blatantly ignorant.

there's no question at all about the supposed divinity of xianity. it is clear to people of sound reason that xianity is the antithesis of divine.

March 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm |

the AnViL,
      Christianity is the exact opposite of slavery, it is freedom, freedom from the condemnation of sin, freedom from the cares and worries of this life. It is peace, hope, and joy.

28 If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. 29 Take the yoke[f] I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. 30 This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.
      (Mat. 11 CEV)

March 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm |

@RB

A gilded cage is still a cage.

I have peace, hope, and love without a deity.

March 2, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
    • Chad

actually, I could only find a few of Rachels posts to this blog that were in response to one of mine.

March 2, 2013 at 6:51 pm |
    • the AnViL

Robert Brown you're either a troll, or really and truly brainwashed.

either way – you're the enemy of reason and you've nothing of any substance to inject into discourse – just noise.

dismissed.

March 2, 2013 at 6:53 pm |

@Really-0

lol
      sorry to disappoint you, I have never once posted under a different handle than "chad" or "Chad"

as hard as it is for you to believe, yes indeed, there is more than one Christian on this blog... 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
    • Chad

"there is a plethora of modern day scholars who assert clearly that jebus most probably never existed, or – jebus is an amalgam."

such as....

who?

March 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Funny. You seem quite able to "find" all sorts of things that support your beliefs, Chard.

March 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm |

@@chad

It took me 5 seconds of google to find some scholars who say he didn't exist. You can do it too as long as you look for what you don't want to see.

March 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm |

who were they? Names please 🙂

remember, "serious scholars"..

March 2, 2013 at 7:02 pm |

Damocles,

I noticed you left out joy, but anyway, what is the source of your peace, hope, and love?

March 2, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
    • .

Oh, stop with the insipid smiley face, Chad, you look stupid as hell when you resort to those. It's a sign you're getting hot and bothered.

March 2, 2013 at 7:04 pm |

the AnViL

Anvil, you're either a troll, or really and truly brainwashed.

either way – you're the enemy of Christ and you've nothing of any substance to inject into discourse – just noise.

If you will get over yourself and come to God with a humble broken heart, he will accept even you. Peace.

March 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, looky, Chard's got his panties in a twist. He's using emoticons again.

March 2, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Robert, I've asked Chard repeatedly whether he finds his god to be a source of joy. The only thing joyful about his posts are the smiley faces.

Do you think Chard represents Christians? If so, why would anyone want to be one?

March 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • the AnViL

serious scholars? then i'm afraid we're going to have to discount every theologian who you cite. sorry. they're just too biased to be serious.

i'm just going to post the url.... here's a list, son.

March 2, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • Really-O?

Robert M. Price and Richard Carrier both assert that it is probable the historical figure of Jesus never existed. Chad knows this from several other threads on this blog. This is just another example of his dishonesty.

March 2, 2013 at 7:11 pm |

@RB

Oh, I probably left out a lot of things. Did you know that without a deity I also have bad things as well? Things like anger, the knowledge that my help has been spurned in some instances? See, I'm a human, I have the good and the bad. I take joy in the good and learn from the bad.

I can spout off the scientific reasons for my joy and whatnot as a firing of synapses and neurons. It makes me happy to do good, the smile on the face of a friend as we talk, the joy that my child has when they do good on a test that I helped them study for.

Now, if you are going to posit a deity as the source of my happiness, then you must also use it as a source of my pain. You can not have your deity and partake of its flesh as well.

March 2, 2013 at 7:12 pm |

@@chad

No. Look for yourself. 5 seconds. Tick tock.

March 2, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • Shaggy

Robert Brown,
      "come to God with a humble broken heart, he will accept even you"

So will my dog (actually, _any_ friendly, good-natured dog will do it). What's so unusual about that?

March 2, 2013 at 7:16 pm |

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son,
      Christians are people and we are all different and approach things in unique ways. I think Chad has some knowledge of science, which I do not, so he approaches unbelievers in a different way than I do. Chad seems to be trying to help people believe, so if that is what you mean by representing Christians, he is doing what we are called to do.

March 2, 2013 at 7:16 pm |
    • Chad

There are, by a remarkable coincidence, roughly the same number of "scholars" (~5) whom believe that Jesus was a myth, as believe that the earth is flat..

March 2, 2013 at 7:17 pm |

@RB

A perfect message that needs help? That needs to be interpreted? An all powerful deity that can't speak for itself? *shakes head* No.

March 2, 2013 at 7:19 pm |
    • Really-O?

Robert M. Price and Richard Carrier are serious scholars and I'd wager neither believes the world if flat...or any of the other superstitious nonsense in the bible.

March 2, 2013 at 7:19 pm |

@@chad

I'm just going to flip the table on you and say that you haven't investigated enough.

March 2, 2013 at 7:21 pm |

Damocles,
      I don’t suggest that God is the source of your happiness. I was just wondering what you thought the source of those things was. When a nonbeliever says that they are at peace I am always curious what it is that brings them that peace. This is a crazy world we live in and yes, bad things do happen. It is easy to be at peace in the good times. If you ever find your source of peace lacking in the bad times please consider God.

March 2, 2013 at 7:26 pm |
    • Really-O?

Hey, folks...if you haven't already, please check out the link I provided in the post at March 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm. It's a brilliant example of just how pathetic Chad really is.

Cheers

March 2, 2013 at 7:29 pm |
    • Really-O?

@Robert Brown – regarding: "Peace"

Is that a serious question? If it is I'd be happy to point you towards some research that you may well find enlightening.

Cheers

March 2, 2013 at 7:31 pm |

@RB

Which is like saying 'hey, when you are feeling down in the dumps, rub this lucky rabbits foot and you will feel better.'

March 2, 2013 at 7:32 pm |

Damocles,

We are called to spread the perfect message. God does the work in each persons heart and mind.

I will assume you have read some of the bible, did you ever notice how he communicates with humans? It seems to me that he uses his creation. God is a spirit, not that I could tell you what that is, but it isn’t something that we can see. I have often wondered why he uses his creation to accomplish his plans.

March 2, 2013 at 7:33 pm |
    • Bob

So, thanks again, Really-O. The link to look at again is
      Caught!

March 2, 2013 at 7:36 pm |

Damocles,
      More like, not getting down in those dumps. Shocked, alarmed, surprised, sure, but quickly replaced by the peace that surpasses all understanding.

March 2, 2013 at 7:37 pm |

@RB

Now see, you contradict yourself in your first two sentences. If the deity works on every persons heart, why the need for mouthpieces to spread the message? Is the deity saying 'hey, I'm too weak to get through to this person, I need 60 of my devout followers to hammer my message into that person?'

March 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm |

Really-O?,

Sure, if you have some information that explains that peace that surpasses all understanding I’d be interested in checking it out.

March 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm |
    • the AnViL

seriously – did you even look at this list yet? http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/scholars.html

you must relent. there is a plethora of scholars (serious ones) 😉 who clearly assert that jebus never existed, or he was an amalgam....

can't find a single one claiming xianity is divine.

i don't discount theologians. i read their words carefully, comparing them to the facts. know what's obvious to someone looking for answers, not suffering from cognitive bias? wanna take a guess?

anyone????

March 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm |

@RB

Ahhh, yes, I suppose if all you do all day is rub the foot, you have little opportunity to experience anything in life.

March 2, 2013 at 7:42 pm |

@Robert Brown –

The research conducted by Professor Richard Davidson at the University of Wisconsin–Madison's Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience is a good place to start. Here's the lab's website –

Enjoy

March 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm |

sorry, no
      Richard Carrier believes in the historical Jesus

🙂

you might check out, in addition to the list below,

March 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm |

Damocles,

There again, I have also wondered why God does things the way he does them. Why use a flood to destroy everyone except Noah and his family? Why not, just vaporize them? Why prepare a great fish to swallow Jonah, to get him to do what he wanted? Why lead the children of Israel with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night? Why send prophets to tell the people what he wanted them to know? Why speak to Job out of tornado? Couldn’t he just talk to him?

I don’t know why he uses his creation to accomplish his plans, but just consider for a moment, if a being has the power to create all we can perceive, could we call that being anything other than all powerful?

March 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm |

dont forget to visit

you might check out, in addition to the list below,

March 2, 2013 at 7:49 pm |

@Chad –

Sorry, silly little man, but you're seven years behind the times; Richard Carrier's research led him to the conclusion in 2005 that Jesus probably did not exist –

"Only late in 2005 did my continued research lead me to conclude that it was very probable Jesus never actually existed as a historical person, which has changed my perspective considerably."

...but, you already knew that from other posts. Dishonest, sad little man.

March 2, 2013 at 7:52 pm |

Damocles,

Experience life, yes we all do, but what I was trying to relate was the effect it has on a person.

March 2, 2013 at 7:53 pm |

@RB

So your deity is much like the mafia? Send a poor horse's head as a message rather than just get to the issue at hand. The problem is that I, as a regular old human, can think of better ways to get my point across without the need for murder/torture/general mayhem. Why can your deity not think of better ways in its infinte, loving perfection? If you want to be more like your deity, then you would be, by definition, insane.

March 2, 2013 at 7:55 pm |
    • the AnViL

yes yes – more of your characteristic incredulity...

flat facts:

1) it's a long list of scholars

2) many of them assert jebus never lived.

3) many of them assert that jebus was an amalgam.

4) can't find any who believed jebus was divine.

the AnVil delivers – once again.

also – interesting to note – sam harris – richard dawkins – christopher hitchens – not listed

lol

i provided you with a list of scholars who refute the existence of jebus and assert jebus was an amalgam – and did it without referencing dawkins, harris and hitchens (ya know – except to point out attention that i did it without referencing them).

too funny

March 2, 2013 at 7:58 pm |

@RB

And what is the effect of solely rubbing the foot versus working through your problems as best you can?

March 2, 2013 at 7:58 pm |

@Chad –

Dance, monkey, dance. I'm waiting for the blather filled with emoticons and "you need to do some reading", "LOL", etc.

Silly little man.

March 2, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • the AnViL

i'd like to take a moment to reiterate:

xianity is the enemy of REASON, freedom, liberty, and equality.
      finally...
      cha cha chaaaaaaad, you are dismissed.

March 2, 2013 at 8:09 pm |

Really-O?,
      I went and read a couple of the articles, very interesting stuff. So, do you think it is all in the believers mind?

March 2, 2013 at 8:09 pm |

@Robert Brown –

I want to give you a thoughtful answer; I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say, "do you think it is all in the believers mind?" By "it", are you referring to the "peace" you personally have experienced?

March 2, 2013 at 8:12 pm |

Damocles,

I wouldn’t term God as being like the mafia. Ok, now I see your problem with God, or at least one of them. You are disturbed by his judgment of sin and rightly so. God’s judgment is a terrible thing, he even calls it evil. I already said I don’t know why God does things the way he does and I can’t understand why he has to judge sin, other than that he is holy, something we are not. He can’t look upon sin without judging it. The only way we can escape judgment is to have our sin removed from his sight.

The effect of trusting God is Peace, you will still have problems, but their effect on you is diminished. Rubbing is optional.

March 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm |

Really-O?,

The peace yes, but more importantly the source of the peace, or in other words do you think that the believer just thinks God is saying “Peace be still,” when it is actually just their mind and not God?

March 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm |
    • Chad

Richard Carrier believes in the historical Jesus, he rejects Jesus as divine...

sorry!

March 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm |
    • Chad

sorry AnVIL.. read the list again, and note the atheists and agnostics on it..

serious scholar 🙂

March 2, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
    • berry

sounds like a threat

March 2, 2013 at 8:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

@Robert: what a fvcking bullish!t answer.

You even lie about Chad.

March 2, 2013 at 8:35 pm |

@Chad –

Not a single word from Carrier in the blog you use as a reference (and no indication that Carrier recants his assertion that Jesus probably didn't exist). My citation gives a clear quote from the man himself indicating that he disbelieves Jesus existed. There is no way you have a tertiary education...I'd be surprised if you graduated high school.

Silly, sad little man...we call him Chad.

March 2, 2013 at 8:36 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

And Robert kisses his ass. What a pair of hypocrites.

March 2, 2013 at 8:43 pm |

@Chad –

Nice job with the emoticons, "read the list again" in you last posts...right on cue. Dance, monkey, dance. Silly little man.

March 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm |

@Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son –

Chad had to have experienced playground-terrorism as a child, right? What other explanation can there be?

March 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
    • Really-O?

'"read the list again" in your last posts', not '"read the list again" in you last posts'. I hate MFing typos.

March 2, 2013 at 8:48 pm |

the AnViL,
      says,

“i'd like to take a moment to reiterate:

xianity is the enemy of REASON, freedom, liberty, and equality.”

Christians show the light of Jesus to the world and are the reason that you have a nation with freedom, liberty, and equality. The falling away from God in our nation is the danger.

March 2, 2013 at 8:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Robert, self-proclaimed "Christians" like you and Chad do nothing to help anyone. You're both nothing but disgusting frauds. Your attempt to excuse Chad's smarmy snark and his blatant lies is nothing short of shameful.

March 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm |
    • Chad

You'll have to actually listen to the debate.. I know, I know.. it isnt your thing.. But thats the thing, if you dont want to be continually making mistakes in your assertions, you'll just simply need to do some reading (or listening). sorry about that, but that's the way it is..

here's another, he argues that Jesus is not divine, rather an apocalyptic prophet in a debate with Douglas Jacoby

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmKxTB7Twg&w=640&h=360]

March 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

"Can you name any serious scholar that claims Jesus didn't exist?"

I can think of a few who thought it unimportant, even uninteresting, whether Jesus existed or not.

March 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm |

Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son,

I guess it has more to do with perception. People ask Chad for information and he attempts to provide it. It could be that you don’t like what he provides or the way he presents it. It seems to me that he is trying to help.

March 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm |
    • Russ

as I've posted before...
      Bart Ehrman (the self-proclaimed agnostic with atheistic tendencies) has a new book out on this very topic: "Did Jesus Exist?"

Here's the introduction unedited...

------–

Every week I receive two or three e-mails asking me whether Jesus existed as a human being. When I started getting these e-mails, some years ago now, I thought the question was rather peculiar and I did not take it seriously. Of course Jesus existed. Everyone knows he existed. Don’t they?

But the questions kept coming, and soon I began to wonder: Why are so many people asking? My wonder only increased when I learned that I myself was being quoted in some circles—misquoted rather—as saying that Jesus never existed. I decided to look into the matter. I discovered, to my surprise, an entire body of literature devoted to the question of whether or not there ever was a real man, Jesus.

I was surprised because I am trained as a scholar of the New Testament and early Christianity, and for thirty years I have written extensively on the historical Jesus, the Gospels, the early Christian movement, and the history of the church’s first three hundred years. Like all New Testament scholars, I have read thousands of books and articles in English and other European languages on Jesus, the New Testament, and early Christianity. But I was almost completely unaware—as are most of my colleagues in the field—of this body of skeptical literature.

I should say at the outset that none of this literature is written by scholars trained in New Testament or early Christian studies teaching at the major, or even the minor, accredited theological seminaries, divinity schools, universities, or colleges of North America or Europe (or anywhere else in the world). Of the thousands of scholars of early Christianity who do teach at such schools, none of them, to my knowledge, has any doubts that Jesus existed. But a whole body of literature out there, some of it highly intelligent and well informed, makes this case.

These sundry books and articles (not to mention websites) are of varying quality. Some of them rival The Da Vinci Code in their passion for conspiracy and the shallowness of their historical knowledge, not just of the New Testament and early Christianity, but of ancient religions generally and, even more broadly, the ancient world. But a couple of bona fide scholars—not professors teaching religious studies in universities but scholars nonetheless, and at least one of them with a Ph.D. in the field of New Testament—have taken this position and written about it. Their books may not be known to most of the general public interested in questions related to Jesus, the Gospels, or the early Christian church, but they do occupy a noteworthy niche as a (very) small but (often) loud minority voice. Once you tune in to this voice, you quickly learn just how persistent and vociferous it can be.

Those who do not think Jesus existed are frequently militant in their views and remarkably adept at countering evidence that to the rest of the civilized world seems compelling and even unanswerable. But these writers have answers, and the smart ones among them need to be taken seriously, if for no other reason than to show why they cannot be right about their major contention. The reality is that whatever else you may think about Jesus, he certainly did exist.

Serious historians of the early Christian movement—all of them—have spent many years preparing to be experts in their field. Just to read the ancient sources requires expertise in a range of ancient languages: Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and often Aramaic, Syriac, and Coptic, not to mention the modern languages of scholarship (for example, German and French). And that is just for starters. Expertise requires years of patiently examining ancient texts and a thorough grounding in the history and culture of Greek and Roman antiquity, the religions of the ancient Mediterranean world, both pagan and Jewish, knowledge of the history of the Christian church and the development of its social life and theology, and, well, lots of other things. It is striking that virtually everyone who has spent all the years needed to attain these qualifications is convinced that Jesus of Nazareth was a real historical figure. This is not a piece of evidence, but if nothing else, it should give one pause. In the field of biology, evolution may be “just” a theory (as some politicians painfully point out), but it is the theory subscribed to, for good reason, by every real scientist in every established university in the Western world.

Still, as is clear from the avalanche of sometimes outraged postings on all the relevant Internet sites, there is simply no way to convince conspiracy theorists that the evidence for their position is too thin to be convincing and that the evidence for a traditional view is thoroughly persuasive. Anyone who chooses to believe something contrary to evidence that an overwhelming majority of people find overwhelmingly convincing—whether it involves the fact of the Holocaust, the landing on the moon, the assassination of presidents, or even a presidential place of birth—will not be convinced. Simply will not be convinced.

And so, with Did Jesus Exist?, I do not expect to convince anyone in that boat. What I do hope is to convince genuine seekers who really want to know how we know that Jesus did exist, as virtually every scholar of antiquity, of biblical studies, of classics, and of Christian origins in this country and, in fact, in the Western world agrees. Many of these scholars have no vested interest in the matter. As it turns out, I myself do not either. I am not a Christian, and I have no interest in promoting a Christian cause or a Christian agenda. I am an agnostic with atheist leanings, and my life and views of the world would be approximately the same whether or not Jesus existed. My beliefs would vary little. The answer to the question of Jesus’s historical existence will not make me more or less happy, content, hopeful, likable, rich, famous, or immortal.

But as a historian I think evidence matters. And the past matters. And for anyone to whom both evidence and the past matter, a dispassionate consideration of the case makes it quite plain: Jesus did exist. He may not have been the Jesus that your mother believes in or the Jesus of the stained-glass window or the Jesus of your least favorite televangelist or the Jesus proclaimed by the Vatican, the Southern Baptist Convention, the local megachurch, or the California Gnostic. But he did exist, and we can say a few things, with relative certainty, about him.

March 2, 2013 at 9:01 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"It seems to me that he is trying to help."

Then you're a fvcking idiot.

March 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm |

@Chad –

Here's an idea, Chad – when you cite a source, how 'bout you actually give a full citation to the information you believe supports your position...you know, like a quotation from the authority or, in the case of a nearly three hour youtube video, the timestamp that supports your position? By the way, don't think it slipped past me that you have not had time to watch a three hour video since you pulled this bit of silliness out of your arse.

Silly, sad (and kind of thick) little man.

March 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Chad is a valuable resource, Robert. He is an example of an apparently non-spiritual Christian apologist. Interesting the way a 12-meter racing boat is interesting – performance within severe constraints.

March 2, 2013 at 9:05 pm |

@Chad –

Just for giggles...I also noted that Robert M. Price asserts it is probable Jesus didn't exist; why are you avoiding that fact and instead obsessing about Richard Carrier? Dishonest much?

March 2, 2013 at 9:07 pm |

@AnVIL, @Really-O

sorry.. you'll find you get embarrassed less if you research more prior to positing something as definitely true.

I recommend listening to this talk by Carrier on the historicity of Jesus, it's only 30 minutes.

Of note: He specifically states that he DOES NOT recognize the position of some that Jesus was an invented figure as responsible history.
      "There are very few of us who actually advocate this [the position that Jesus never existed], this is accurately described as a fringe position, I always say it is a hypothesis that has not had a proper review yet. So, dont go around hitting people over the head with "Jesus definitely didnt exist"" – Richard Carrier July 2, 2012

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmKxTB7Twg&w=640&h=360]

March 2, 2013 at 9:13 pm |
    • Chad

oops, wrong url, here it is:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORm2QtR-os&w=640&h=360]

March 2, 2013 at 9:14 pm |

@Chad – regarding your March 2, 2013 at 9:14 pm Carrier video post

Are you an idiot? (forget I asked this) If you'd bothered to listen to the first three minutes of the video you offer-up as evidence, you would have heard Richard Carrier state that he is working on a book that will provide a "formal scholarly defense" of the "Secular Non-Historicity (of Jesus)" hypothesis.

You really are a dishonest, silly little man (and a douche).

March 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm |
    • Really-O?

Chad's "Richard Carrier" posts are yet another example of his dishonesty. I don't know whether Chad does this because he believes lying for Jesus is morally justified or if it is simply because he has a small penis, but, either way, it is reprehensible (and silly).

March 2, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
    • Really-O?

...Chad could just be kind of thick...that's another explanation.

March 2, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Chad has gone to a lot of trouble to defend something that's ultimately unimportant, Really-O? The actual Jesus (and I do believe there was someone at the center of all the myths), if his history was accurately known, would merit a footnote (at best) in a thorough work on Judaism.

March 2, 2013 at 9:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Chard's playing this hand for all it's worth because he knows he can't win with the other–he can't show evidence that his Jesus was divine.

March 2, 2013 at 9:44 pm |

@Tom, Tom, the Other One –

I agree. I've always accepted that Jesus was an historical figure; however, I don't remember ever believing the divinity fudge. If I was interested, I would probably read some of the recent works of Carrier and Price as they (both serious scholars) present contrary evidence. That said, who – other that Christians with skin-in-the-game – cares?

Shooting this weekend?

Cheers

March 2, 2013 at 9:45 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Hey Really-O?

1.5 inch group at 200 yards in a wind. I'm a happy camper.

March 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm |
    • Chad

Again, He specifically states that he DOES NOT recognize the position of some that Jesus was an invented figure as responsible history.

Regarding Price, I have listened to several debates him vs Craig.
      Price does NOT claim that Jesus never existed, he claim "we dont know", as member of the Jesus Seminar he specifically reviews and "approves" what he views as what Jesus "probably" said..

only an atheist could claim that providing a direct quote refuting a claim is somehow "dishonest"

oh, and BTW, Carrier did a very good job slamming the door on the Horus/Dionysys/Mithra "parallel myth" nonsense, thanks for that. That quote will be very valuable.

March 2, 2013 at 10:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

What is your objective with all this stuff if I may ask, Chad?

March 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm |

@Tom, Tom, the Other One –

1.5"@200...well done.

@Chad –
      Regarding Carrier –
      Your "So, dont (sic) go around hitting people over the head with "Jesus definitely didnt (sic) exist" is out of context. Within the next minute of the video, Carrier states that he is working on a book that will provide a "formal scholarly defense" of the "Secular Non-Historicity (of Jesus)" hypothesis. Are you really as stupid as you appear or is it all because of dishonesty?

Regarding Price –
      "we dont know" implies disbelief (non-acceptance of the hypothesis)- I know you don't understand this, but scholars do.

March 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Let's see. Where have you been today, Chad?

You think you have reason to believe in the reality of the God of Israel – something you worked on this morning.
      Jesus was probably based on a historical figure – something you seem to be working on now.

This is pretty basic stuff. Is it for your benefit, Chad?

March 2, 2013 at 10:20 pm |
    • Really-O?

Well, another Chad-ass-kicking under this blog's belt. I'm off to more rewarding endeavors.

Cheers

March 2, 2013 at 11:04 pm |
    • Chad

Just supply data to refute the usual atheist nonsense 🙂

Listening to the Carrier talk was instructive. There is a small group of people in the world that want desperately to believe that there are smart historians out there that dont believe Jesus was real.

but, as demonstrated, Carrier and Price do not go so far as to claim that Jesus never existed .Their debates show their view is that Christianity grew up not based on anything the historical Jesus did, but rather for other reasons. They see the divinity of Jesus as a later invention.

Want to thank Really-O for prompting me to listen to Carrier, out of which came this statement:

March 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm |
    • End Religion

Chad, are you still "a husband, Christ follower, and aspiring full-time minister of the Gospel"? Have you actually become a minister yet?

March 3, 2013 at 12:12 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

A minister? Ahahahhhahhaha! At what church? Our Lady of Perpetual Masochism?

March 3, 2013 at 8:53 am |
    • Really-O?

That's it, Chad...when all else fails, continue to deny, deny, deny (and yes, I'm referring to your continued dishonest representation of Richard Carrier's words). This blog expects nothing more from you. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be rather funny. Sad little man.

March 3, 2013 at 11:01 am |
    • Chad

@Really-O "dishonest representation of Richard Carrier's words"

=>unhh...
      this is a direct quote..

""There are very few of us who actually advocate this [the position that Jesus never existed], this is accurately described as a fringe position, I always say it is a hypothesis that has not had a proper review yet. So, dont go around hitting people over the head with "Jesus definitely didnt exist""
      Richard Carrier July 2, 2012

you also completely misunderstand the apparent subject of his upcoming book (which he describes more completely at the end of the lecture):

regarding this book "Proving History, Bayes theorum and the quest for the Historical Jesus" does two things: I establish an epistomology and a methodology that can be applied to all historical fields, something that no one had ever done properly before. And also I apply it specifically to the Jesus question and show that the methods used to prove historicity are completely wrong. .... We shouldnt commit the fallacy-fallacy and assume therefor that Jesus didnt exist, using an invalid method doesnt mean that the conclusion is neccessarily false, but it does mean we need to start over. We need to find a good method and look at the evidence again" - Richard Carrier July 2, 2012

As usual, you try to find something that something that sounds like what you want the person to be saying, and you just run with your misinterpretation.

==
      @End Religion "are you still "a husband, Christ follower, and aspiring full-time minister of the Gospel"? Have you actually become a minister yet?"
      @Chad "what in the world are you talking about? Where did you make up this idea that I am an "aspiring full-time minister of the Gospel"?
      I have no plans whatsoever to become a full time minister..

why are atheists so comfortable making nonsense up?
      and
      why are the very people so comfortable making stuff up, perpetually claiming that people delivering direct quotes are the ones making stuff up?

weird doesnt even come close..

March 3, 2013 at 1:34 pm |
    • Really-O?

You're hopeless, Chad...dishonest, ignorant, thick, and hopeless. I'm not going to waste my time trying to teach you to read.

...hint..."There are very few of us who actually advocate this [the position that Jesus never existed]" indicates Carrier is one who advocates the position that Jesus never existed. Idiot.

March 3, 2013 at 1:54 pm |
    • Really-O?

"Step 1 is always to simply try and understand what the person is actually saying.."

You really are a smarmy scumbag, Chad. You're the non-believer's best billboard. Keep up the good work.

March 3, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
  17. Bostontola

Jesus is__representative of a novel philosophy.

Too bad so many of the zealots took it upon themselves to bring eternal love to people via horrible deaths.

March 2, 2013 at 4:23 pm |
    • Answer

Nowadays it's resorting to mental slavery.

The words they use: "fallen", "instilled", "warning", "deny", "angry" and of course "god loves you".
      Classic ways to say you should come under this mantle of slavery because it gives you a confirmation that you are a piece of turd. But when you accept that you are a piece of turd then you can be remade "better" because there is that promise of you'll be "special". You'll be special in the eyes of this delusional daddy in the sky.

March 2, 2013 at 4:32 pm |
    • Bostontola

Answer,
      That tactic is tried and true. Most militaries use the same tactic. Tear the person down in boot camp, then build them back up with the needed creed. It is very effective, keeps soldiers alive. Of course, its not appropriate for civilians.

March 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
    • Austin

Honestly though, Jesus said many would come in his name and get spit out. The book of revelation is to 7 or so churches that he said are not up to par. The great apostasy is mentioned. The idolatrous Christianity is like the idolatry of the religious Jews, god hates it.

Try not to serve you desire to falsify hell by talking about the crusades. You are tricking yourself, and that is all.

The authentic ministry of thenHoly Spirit is alive and well. And the authentic deception of Satan, religious mimicry, has the numbers in a huge way. Narrow is the gate. Straight is the path.

Ask for faith. He is risen.

March 2, 2013 at 4:51 pm |
    • Bob

Hey, Austin, let's take a closer look at what's really in Revelations and elsewhere in your Christian book of nasty:

Numbers 31:17-18
      17 Now kiII all the boys. And kiII every woman who has slept with a man,
      18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Deuteronomy 13:6 – “If your brother, your mother’s son or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul entice you secretly, saying, let us go and serve other gods … you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death”

Revelations 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Leviticus 25
      44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
      45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
      46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Note that the bible is also very clear that you should sacrifice and burn an animal today because the smell makes sicko Christian sky fairy happy. No, you don't get to use the parts for food. You burn them, a complete waste of the poor animal.

Yes, the bible really says that, everyone. Yes, it's in Leviticus, look it up. Yes, Jesus purportedly said that the OT commands still apply. No exceptions. But even if you think the OT was god's mistaken first go around, you have to ask why a perfect, loving enti-ty would ever put such horrid instructions in there. If you think rationally at all, that is.

And then, if you disagree with my interpretation, ask yourself how it is that your "god" couldn't come up with a better way to communicate than a book that is so readily subject to so many interpretations and to being taken "out of context", and has so many mistakes in it. Pretty pathetic god that you've made for yourself.

So get out your sacrificial knife or your nasty sky creature will torture you eternally. Or just take a closer look at your foolish supersti-tions, understand that they are just silly, and toss them into the dustbin with all the rest of the gods that man has created.

Ask the questions. Break the chains. Join the movement.
      Be free of Christianity and other superstitions.

March 2, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
    • Bostontola

I definitely plan to burn an animal today. Juicy steaks on the grill.

March 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm |
    • Austin

Bob, god is Holy, and you moral compensation reveals his creation attributes in you. Your moral sensitivity

March 2, 2013 at 5:00 pm |

Bob, You have a choice.
      god spared Adams life, and provided atonement, For,

Sin.
      You are justified and he loves you, but you need atonement. It's simple. There is one final atonement, Christ.

March 2, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
    • Answer

Austin... you've accepted that you're a piece of turd. Just be proud of that and leave others alone.

March 2, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
    • Bostontola

Austin,
      Everyone should be able to believe what they want. Why do you insist on telling others what they should believe with an implied threat (eternal damnation). I claim that threat by you and your god is immoral. The penalty is not proportional to the transgression. Eternal damnation for lack of worship during the eye blink of our lives is not fair by any measure. That should concern you greatly.

March 2, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
    • Austin

Bob, war was tribal, and God hates sin. Also, humanity was already fallen so even Israel was blundered. But if God says do it, you do it.

Don't break spiritual law, it's suicide. Atonement is nit depressing, it's uplifting. Healing. Eternal life.

There is nothing immoral with God when people hate him and choose hell. That goes against Gods choice. can't blame him.

March 2, 2013 at 5:11 pm |

@Bostonola

Yep .. in regards to the military – it is needed. You can not have a person function all loving like when they got a job of killing your government's enemy.

March 2, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • Answer

Hey Austin ... who broke you? Was it your parents?

When did you first feel like you were a piece of turd?

March 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
    • Austin

Slandering salvation with apostate crusaders is demented. god isn't punishing you, you are rejecting him and going to the prison for the fallen angels that you choose to defer to.

Everyone is justified through the Blood of Christ.

If you won't bow to God, you are suicidal.

March 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
    • Austin

Sin and evil broke me, and God answered. I hated my parents for their beliefs.

He is risen. He will answer you when you understand sin.

I have to go .

March 2, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
    • Answer

Slave you are. Just prove that your god is the right one and that it exists.

March 2, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
    • Answer

Yep figures. A broken child that needed something to cling to. Given the "special" treatment and conditioning and then you're a good willing slave. Pay your fees to your church you turd.

March 2, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
  18. Metacommentary

Has anyone else noticed that our resident Christian posters have gotten a LOT crazier lately? Seriously, lol??, Austin and John cannot get a comprehensible sentence out for the life of them, and as impenetrable as their writing is, there are hints that the content is even crazier than the form. Chad has whipped himself into a bizarre pseudoscientific frenzy of absolute nonsense. Topher has become permanently dizzy from so many rotations of circular logic. And they are all getting weirder.

March 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
    • lol??

Great learning experience.

March 2, 2013 at 3:59 pm |
    • Metacommentary

Perfect example. Thanks psycho-lolly

March 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
    • The Devil

Tied shoes together !

March 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
    • Answer

It's the old adage of spinning more lies to cover the lies you've made out for yourself.

Religious retards can not give up their life of lies. There is that need for being special that they always "cling" to. It's hilarious watching them cling on so desperately.

March 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm |
    • Austin

My computer screen jumps around every time my computer refreshes. Whatever though , I know you catch my drift, that's all that matters.

Did you read Robert browns testimony about his vision to a year long prayer? I believe him because I have experienced the same spiritual life. The holy spirit is a sanctifying spirit that reveals Gods word within a persons heart. Proof comes not only from life, but through the Holy Spirit. god reveals himself on a personal level. After you understand sin.

March 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
    • Religion is

Superstition!
      Maybe it's the cornered-rat syndrome.

March 2, 2013 at 7:24 pm |
  19. Karen

That weird pastor guy really has a pear-shaped head. I guess his god screwed up on him.

March 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
    • End Religion

lol... he also looks 17 and has a comb-over already. It's like he's already prepping to be a cranky old man with a pear head and comb-over.

March 2, 2013 at 11:32 pm |
    • Austin

It dudes resemble a combover. He's hiding something.

March 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm |
    • End Religion

I think it's obvious his head is actually a pear and the comb-over is hiding a little stem.

March 2, 2013 at 11:41 pm |
    • Austin

I want a comb over when I grow up.

March 3, 2013 at 12:01 am |
  20. Answer

Let's hear it from you cretinous religious tools ...

Define your sin.

Each and every one of you lowlife all have different opinions of 'bad stuff'.. so go ahead and tell each other off that you HAVE the correct list of sins. Make a full list why don't you?

March 2, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
    • Answer

Let's start off with the easy stuff..

Is jaywalking a sin?

What about spitting?

What about going for a walk and just happen to spot a beautiful girl?

March 2, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
    • lol??

Did Athena and the educratists make you boss?? Studyin' to the test left yer thinkin' apparatus out o' commission. bigot

March 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
    • Answer

You can't state your list?

What's the matter? Not christian enough and have no authority? Go on and repeat the word "bigot" all you want.

Do go on.

March 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm |
    • lol??

Can't give up yer bosshood?? Trapped, bigot??

March 2, 2013 at 3:48 pm |
    • Answer

Can't you ever be relevant? Given up yet bigot?

March 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
    • Britt

There's a complete list of sin in the Holy Bible. Just Google it Mr. Answer.

March 2, 2013 at 11:53 pm |
    • Britt

Mr. Answer, it appears that you have entered a "Spiritual Desert" this video will help you get out;

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=560&h=315]

March 3, 2013 at 12:35 am |

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=560&h=315]

March 3, 2013 at 12:36 am |
    • End Religion

Keep trying, Britt. You will overcome your stupidity one day.

March 3, 2013 at 12:50 am |
    • Britt

Thank you Mr. End Religion. Your comment reminds of something Jesus Christ Said; God uses the simple and the weak to confound the wise and the strong. Here's millions of others who agree.
      [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLbfMQ1vcHE&w=640&h=360]

March 3, 2013 at 1:04 am |
    • End Religion

Thank you Britt. Your comment reminds of something The Flying Spaghetti Monster Said; FSM uses the simple and the weak to confound the wise and the strong. Millions of others agree.

March 3, 2013 at 1:07 am |