home
RSS
March 1st, 2013

Cardinals look to future after Benedict's exit

By Laura Smith-Spark, Richard Allen Greene and Hada Messia, CNN

Rome (CNN) - With the dust still settling from Benedict XVI's historic resignation as pope, the focus in Rome turns to the future Friday as Roman Catholic cardinals prepare to meet to discuss a timetable for picking the new pontiff.

A letter issued by the dean of the College of Cardinals on Friday calls the cardinals to come together Monday morning for the first in a series of meetings, known as general congregations.

There will be a second session Monday afternoon, according to the letter from Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

One of the cardinals' first tasks will be agreeing when to hold the secret election, or conclave, in which they will pick Benedict's successor.

However, the date for the conclave may not be set Monday, Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said Friday.

FULL STORY
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Catholic Church • Pope • Pope Benedict XVI

1. AB

Atheists, with few exceptions, are the most interesting and moral people I know. This is not scientific, just my experience. Atheists have eyes wide open and appreciate the amazing diversity of life and the incredible mysteries of the universe. Atheists push the envelope of discovery, always eager to learn more and understand the reality behind what we experience. They give, they are caring, they are intelligent, they are educated, and they are inquisitive. They are the driving force behind civilization.

March 1, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • Kan

Yeah, that's exactly my experience with Theists too.

March 1, 2013 at 9:13 pm |
    • AB

Really Kan? I find that very hard to believe. (Although it is easy to believe you are a liar.)

March 1, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
    • jarhead333

@AB Really? Kan is hard to believe? Most atheists I know are not as open minded as the proclaim. It seems, in my experience, that the thing atheists hate the most about Christians is exactly what they are. The "Theists" I know are VERY well educated, amazed by God's creation, and always thirsty to learn more.

March 2, 2013 at 1:00 am |
    • End Religion

jarhead, it can be frustrating for both sides. Christians seem to want to "save us" and we so easily see the scam running inside religion that we'd like to help you avoid it.

March 2, 2013 at 2:10 am |
  2. AB

Christians are the most selfish people I have ever experienced with very few exceptions. It's is not scientific, just my experience.

March 1, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Maybe that's why they became Christians, to try and get help with their sin.

March 1, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
    • Ted

Disproportionate number of Christians in jails. Draw your own.

March 1, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • AB

Bill, excellent response. It seems going "Christian" did not help them. They are still low-quality people.

March 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
    • Nell

Ted, Steven Weinberg I think it was who said roughly,

"With or without religion, good people will do good things, and bad people will do evil things. To make good people do evil things, that takes religion."

I'll go with that.

March 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
  3. AB

Based on personal experience, only about 5% of all Christians are actual believers and excellent people. I have two quality friends that are 100% genuine in that regard. The other 95% are full of shit and a detriment in general.

March 1, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

If your two friends equals 5% of your sample, your survey is statistically irrelevant. Why do you base your conclusions on a database of 40 individuals. LOL I thought atheists were smart

March 1, 2013 at 4:36 pm |
    • AB

Bill, you thought atheists were smart? Is that why you spend so much time bashing atheists? LOL!!

March 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm |
    • Mohammad A. Dead

AB, if you consider +/-5% margin of error in your sampling, practically, there are no good christians

March 1, 2013 at 4:43 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Do I bash them? I don't think so. Make fun of certainly. I find them hilarious. Sad and hilarious.

March 1, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Mohammed, I think you are missing the point if you think Christianity makes one "good" That is the mistake non Christians make. First, they presume that Christians claim superiority by their faith, then they judge Christians when they fail. This all becomes a great premise on which to condemn the Gospel. Christians, of course, bear some burden for the false message. But, it is none the less a false message that there are good Christians. There is not one, not any. All have fallen short of the glory of God and find themselves in need of redemption.

March 1, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
    • Mohammad A. Dead

Bill, good or bad are individual things, not religion based, you seem like a good individual, but it has nothing to do with your religion

March 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm |

Hail, holy Queen,
      mother of mercy,
      our life, our sweetness,
      and our hope.
      To thee do we cry,
      poor banished children of Eve.
      To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning
      and weeping in this valley of tears.
      Turn then, most gracious advocate,
      thine eyes of mercy toward us,
      and after this our exile
      show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
      O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
      That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

March 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Wrong again. If I do good at all, it is only by that share of grace God has conferred on me in my imitation of Christ. When you are calling me good, you are saying I am acceptable to you, by your standards. If this board proves anything, it is that man's standards are varied and capricious. Therefore, none of us is capable of judging another either to be good or bad. By the standard of that which is truly good, and right, holy if you will, I am not good at all, and I doubt there is one who could stand that scrutiny, save for Christ HImself.

March 1, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • AB

@Mohammad A. Dead

I know of 3 total out of all the people I know.

March 1, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • Mohammad A. Dead

Bill, we call people good or bad based on our own standards, how true!! Religious people call Gays or Atheist bad, because they are not meeting their standards, shouldn't they lower their standards and accept all, whoever or whatever they are?

March 1, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

You have met and numbered all believers. What number am I ?

March 1, 2013 at 9:18 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Good, Bill Deacon. The "mother goddess" (Mary, and the feminine ideal), (see Joseph Campbell) was actually one of the ONLY real contributions of Christian culture to humanity. It's such sentimental tripe, but in it's day, (1000 years ago), it was meaningful.

March 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm |
  4. Mohammad A Dar

the heading should read hyaenas look to future after Benedict's exit.

March 1, 2013 at 4:26 pm |
  5. Todd

The future has the Catholic church in steep decline and its cardinals on the unemployment line.

March 1, 2013 at 4:21 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Hold that though. Review in thirty years. Then you might have an inkling.

March 1, 2013 at 4:37 pm |
    • Beth

Just look back at the past few decades and you already have your answer, Bill. You are clinging to a dying cult. Sure it will take a few more decades and there might be a few hangers on even then, but the likely outcome is obvious.

Rant all you want, but that is what is happening around you.

March 1, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
  6. lionlylamb

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THIS FORM OF ENERGY?

March 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  7. Bootyfunk

keep being irrelevant, catholic church! don't go away mad, just go away...

March 1, 2013 at 3:18 pm |

Hail Mary, full of grace
      The Lord is with thee
      Blessed art thou amongst women
      And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
      Holy Mary, mother of God,
      Pray for us sinners
      Now and in the hour of our death

Amen

March 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

Facebook13.2K
      Twitter891
      Google Plus82

For the past eight years, it has been my distinct pleasure to serve as head of the Roman Catholic Church. Spreading the message of the Bible around the world and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ is an experience I wouldn’t trade for anything. Honestly, I had a ball. But at some point, you just have to face the facts and realize that you can’t play make-believe forever.

Hey, everyone has to grow up eventually—it’s just a part of life. And several weeks ago, I decided it was time for me to finally move on and put all this pretend, fantasy stuff behind me.

Don’t get me wrong, serving as pope was loads of fun. For starters, as pontiff you’re always treated very well, you get to live in a palace, and millions of adoring people gather to hear you tell all sorts of silly old stories about a super-powerful being and other made-up nonsense about everlasting life in paradise. It’s enjoyable, it’s not particularly difficult, and you can say whatever you want. It really is a fun gig. You basically get to come into work and act like a little kid playing pretend.
      Being Pope Was Great, But You Can’t Play Make-Believe Forever
      Commentary • Opinion • ISSUE 49•09 • Feb 28, 2013
      By Benedict

March 1, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

I guess I just woke up one day and realized I’m 85 years old and I’m still putting on a little costume and hat and making a fool of myself in front of thousands of people. It’s time to be a grown-up, you know? Heck, I actually told people that if they really wanted something, all they had to do was clasp their hands together and ask an invisible force for it and it would deliver.

You know, kids’ stuff like that. The kind of stuff a 5-year-old would say.

When I sit down and actually think about the things I did all the time as pope, it’s kind of embarrassing. I made people tell me all the details of the things they’ve done wrong. I moved my arms through the air and claimed that people had been blessed because of it. And get this—a couple weeks ago, I literally dipped my fingers in ashes and smeared it on people’s foreheads and told them they would live forever. How messed up is that? That’s just not what a mature, functional adult does.

All the people who follow me need to realize this, too. They can’t just live in this make-believe world forever. All the ridiculous water-dunking, adopting saints’ names, and formally devoting yourself to an unseen being—that stuff’s okay for little kids, maybe, but all the adults out there, come on, enough’s enough. Time to move up to the big kids’ table, you know?

The sad thing is that some people cling to this candyland their whole lives. John Paul II, for instance, actually believed in Easter to the very end. Christ, talk about a Peter Pan complex. The guy refused to grow up. It’s pretty pathetic, when you think about it.

And that’s why I’m stepping down. As much as I love all the silly stuff I got to do—and it definitely was a ton of fun—the time has definitely come for me to put all that religion mumbo-jumbo behind me and embrace reality like an actual grown-up.

Farewell, brothers and sisters. And God bless you—oh, whoops, sorry. Force of habit.

March 1, 2013 at 3:26 pm |

The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:

And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.

Hail Mary..

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word.

Hail Mary..

And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us.

Hail Mary . . .

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:

Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

March 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm |
    • meifumado

@Bill Deacon

Satan laughs, Damnation sinks its talons deep into the womb of utopia spilling forth great rivers of virginal purity and bliss.

See, Anyone can say crazy things

But if you believe them then you are delusional and should seek help

March 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

It's Friday in the middle of Lent. Why not try an experiment. Go to a Catholic Church. Sit quietly and listen to the faithful pray the Stations of the Cross. When it's over, go have a nice fish dinner. Think of it as a learning experience, a pleasant night out to observe something you may not know much about.

March 1, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

I tried that. All I could think of was what a waste of a good life for Jebus to cause that ruckus in the temple, and get himself killed for being a trouble-maker.

March 1, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
  8. Reality

Dear RCC Cardinals,

Your days are numbered as the Internet to include CNN globally promulgates the truth about religion. A summary:

Putting the kibosh/”google” on all religion in less than ten seconds: Priceless !!!

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

Added details available upon written request.

March 1, 2013 at 2:50 pm |
    • Reality

Signori Cardinali RCC,

I tuoi giorni sono contati come Internet per includere CNN promulga globalmente la verità sulla religione. Una sintesi:

Mettere dato un taglio / "google" su tutte le religioni, in meno di dieci secondi: Priceless!

• Per quanto si sa o può dire, non c'era cioè Abramo i fondamenti del giudaismo, il cristianesimo e l'Islam sono inesistenti.

• Per quanto si sa o può dire, non c'era cioè Mosè i pilastri del giudaismo, il cristianesimo e l'islam non hanno forza di volontà.

• Non è stato Gabriel cioè l'Islam come una religione non riesce. Il cristianesimo non riesce parzialmente.

• Non c'era Pasqua cioè il cristianesimo è completamente fallita come una religione.

• Non c'era mormonismo Moroni cioè non è altro che un culto di business.

• Sacro / venerato mucche, divinità scimmia, caste, reincarnazioni e quindi fallisce l'induismo come religione.

• Fat Buddha qui, magro Buddha lì, reincarnati / rinato Buddha fa in tutto il mondo per un no sul Buddismo.

Aggiunto dettagli disponibili su richiesta scritta.

March 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You're incredible. You think a cardinal is reading your posts? What a laugh.

March 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
    • Reality

Carus RCC Cardinalium,

Fuerint dies tui numerati Penitus ut includunt rhoncus tincidunt eros globally promulgat veritatem circa religionis. Summarium:

Ponatur kibosh / "google" on omnis religio in minus quam decem seconds: INAESTIMABILIS!

• Quantum scit et cognoscit, non est Abraham fundamenta Iudaeis et Christianis temporibus non sunt Islam.

• Quantum scit et cognoscit, non est columnas Moses Iudaeis et Christianis temporibus non vis ut Islam.

• Non fuit Gabriel ie Islam deficit sicut a religionis. Christianismus partialiter deficit.

• non erat Pascha ie Christianismus totaliter deficit sicut a religionis.

• Non fuit Moroni ie Mormonism nihil plus est quam negotium cultu.

• Sacra / venerande vaccas, simia deos, castes, reincarnations et ideo Hinduismus deficit sicut a religionis.

• Fat Buddhas hic, macilentos Buddhas ibi, reincarnated / renascentis Buddhas ubique facit pro nemo Buddhismus.

March 1, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
  9. ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

Ya, who will play act of a hindu Mithra, racist savior to hind fool humanity to be gentile slave of another hindu crook man.

March 1, 2013 at 2:35 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Lick me.

March 1, 2013 at 9:23 pm |
  10. AB

There is but one word to describe the Catholic Church and its followers in 2013:

Obsolescence

March 1, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

How odd. Do you realize that Christians in generally and Catholics specifically feel they are particularly relevant at this point in history?

March 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
    • .

How odd. Because they can feel their relevance slipping away because of the malfeasance of the RCC?

March 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
    • AB

Christians "feel" they are relevent? LOL!!

March 1, 2013 at 3:18 pm |
    • Todd

Yeah, Bill Deacon, we've heard a lot about your priests feeling places they shouldn't. Your religion is going down bigtime – rather an appropriate metaphor for it too.

March 1, 2013 at 4:17 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Plant that thought in your brain Todd. In thirty years, take another look at it. You may, then realize something you never considered before, presuming you have any integrity.

March 1, 2013 at 4:43 pm |
  11. AB

AB

The pope is naught but an oozing, viscous filth. He is chosen by rodents with greasy smiles and profane tendencies. The church is their cage, its floor soiled with urine and feces. They swim through the stench and defilement to slip their bloody claws on the skin of the innocent. Great misery will come to those that bow to this vile syndicate.

March 1, 2013 at 1:54 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Yeah, we heard you earlier

March 1, 2013 at 2:03 pm |
    • AB

Thanks Bill.

March 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm |
  12. ReligionIsBS

Its a beautiful day on planet Earth when there's nobody that can claim they are unfalliable!

March 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
    • ReligionIsBS

How about we keep it like this!

March 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
    • Dippy's sub

It's "infallible."

March 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Spelling is subjective in a world of relativism.

March 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm |
    • AB

Thanks Bill. Brilliant.

March 1, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
    • ReligionIsBS

Sorry, I dont have the pope's abilities. I am infallable...and so is he.

March 1, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
    • ReligionIsBS

I mean fallable...and so is he. See, I did it again!!

March 1, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
  13. AvdBerg

The Spiritual Truth

Narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it (Matthew 7:14).

March 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
  14. AvdBerg

Please do not pay attention to the members of the gay community whose goal it is to control this blog by any capable means.

March 1, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
    • midwest rail

No one who responds to your drivel is stealing advertising, either. Thief. Con man.

March 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm |
    • AvdBerg

@ midwest rail

You yourself use this blog to spew your hatred, while we spread spiritual truth based on the Word of God; which the world cannot receive (John 14:17).

March 1, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
    • midwest rail

You use this blog to steal advertising for your personal website – nothing more, nothing less. Thief.

March 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

midwest is spot on, Andy. You are selling a book. You aren't paying for advertising. You are stealing. You are cheating. You are a liar. You are a fraud.

March 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
    • TROLL ALERT

AvdBerg is a troll on this blog; they are only trying to sell their book and website both of which are full of lies to support their cult.

Click the report abuse link to get rid of this TROLL!

March 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • Ummmmm

I don't Andy can comprehend that especially with all the lies they tell on their site about CNN, they don't understand spam laws, they don't understand WordPress, they don't understand how the internet works. They are frauds.

March 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

They don't know how shoelaces work.

March 1, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
    • Akira

TTtPS: Lmfao!

I read his self-serving whine-a-thon rant about CNN. The persecution complex runs high throughout. Ummmmm is spot on; Andy doesn't know how the blogs are run; if he did, he would pull that article immediately as being one of the most ignorant, baseless POS ever poorly written.

March 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
    • Todd

Andy Van De Berg in Nova Scotia. Or some name close to that. Dump your sentiments on his doorstep.

March 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Akira, I must have missed it-where was this rant?

March 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
  15. Bootyfunk

if the pope were a good/ethical person, he would not go quietly - he would stand up for all the children that have been abused under his watch, under the watch of the church for centuries. he would say, the church will no longer protect the molester at the expense of the victim. he would make public the long list of pedophiles around the world that the church knows about and protects. he would cleanse his organization of all child molesters by helping the authorities in every way to put these monsters behind bars where they can’t abuse more children.

but they think it would be bad for business to admit they have harbored abusers - and they're wrong. people might actually start having faith in the church again as a force for good. it's abhorrent behavior like this that makes me wonder how christianity is considered such a force for "good" in this world. i give credit where it's due. church communities feed a lot of people and are the underlying backbone for helping the homeless in the U.S. (though often the price for that bowl of soup is a sermon). but atheist/non-believers also give to or run charities. in fact, the two biggest donators to charity in world history are bill gates and warren buffet - both non-believers. the stereotype of the uncaring non-believer is simply not true. still, the church does amazing things in caring for the homeless/poor. but what about the bad things the church does?

they wear a bullet proof vest that protects them from all but the most grievous acc.usations. society celebrates christianity as this amazing force for good, but is it? what about the fact that anti-g.ay legislation in the U.S. is always back by christian groups? they openly promote h.omophobia and it's okay because they have a 2K year old book saying it is, so we give them a pass on their bigotry and prejudice. the bible tells its followers to kill g.ays (leviticus 20:13). just awful.

the bible regards women at about the same level as a barn yard animal. see any females at the vatican wearing a funny red hat? no, because misogyny is alive and well in the church. women are to be silent and subservient, or so says the bible. In fact, if a man finds that his bride was not a virgin when he married her, she is to be taken to her father’s doorstep and stoned to death. awful.

and where was the church in the Obamacare debate? why weren't they front and center sticking up for the homeless/poor getting adequate health care? you'd think that'd be their big fight, but nope, they rand and hid. churches knew, especially in the south, if they promoted Obamacare, they would have empty churches as most of their members were republican. you would think christians would follow many of jesus' examples of caring for the poor and be happy to give a little extra to the poor/needy.

how about gun control? would jesus really say “let's all carry guns”? no, he was big on peace, i hear. so where are the churches telling their members to turn in their guns? less guns = less violence. would jesus advocate for AK47s? why are christians so un-christ-like?

how about the spread of HIV/AIDs? the catholic church has helped to spread the horrible disease world-wide by telling people over and over that wearing a condom is a sin, akin to a man spilling his seed on the ground, a terrible offense to god. sure, the church also says not to have s.ex outside marriage - a ridiculous, unhealthy and unnatural command that few people follow. but a man will gladly tell his woman, "hey, we're gonna have s.ex - but we don't have to commit more sin by wearing a condom." the spread of HIV/AIDs in africa, latin america and asia has been greatly increased by telling people they are sinning by using condoms - a view the devout take very seriously. using condoms would give women a choice to have children or not, and the church can't have that. women with power is a no-no. see above.

the list goes on…

but the real good news is, the internet and education are doing away with all religious cults, including christianity. the church teaches bad information, as does the bible. the church fights science constantly – retarding stem cell research in the U.S. for almost a decade because of christians. check science websites (www.sciencedaily.com) and see how many advances are made with stem cells. that research could have taken place and started saving lives years ago if the church didn’t block it. but the church and it’s archaic ideas and worldviews are going away. guilt, fear and ignorance are the pillars of christianity, and they’re crumbling. people can fact check now, do research on the most obscure subject from their own home. it’s harder to pull the wool over youth’s eyes. questioning religion is not so taboo nowadays. people are breaking the mental shackles and thinking for themselves. who knows? perhaps someday when christianity joins the ranks of the other mythologies, churches will become community meeting places where ideas and goodwill are exchanged without the hocus-pocus aspect of religion. then maybe people will not mind going to church…

March 1, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
    • Science

Bootyfunk

Agree

Old GW and stem cells did not get along.

Paece

No god(s) required for stem cell research and education !

March 1, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

If Booty could point the finger at himself for a change, he'd go to confession.

March 1, 2013 at 3:13 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

went to confession last week. made out with a nun. hawt.

March 1, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
    • Bootyfunk

You know, kids’ stuff like that. The kind of stuff a 5-year-old would say.

March 1, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  16. AvdBerg

Spiritual Truth

March 1, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
    • meifumado

FOOL!

Your god is nothing!

I am a high priest of the dread lord Yog-Sothoth and he demands human souls as sacrifice,
      You will soon know the exquisite suffering of his malevolence.

March 1, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
  17. IHAVESEENT THELIGHT

meifumado please provide all of us silly naive believers proof that their is no God. We are all wondering where atheist discovered this fact...or is it just your opinion?

March 1, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • meifumado

The onus of proof is with the believer.

But let me say this, In all the thousands of years there have been thousands of religions and in all that time there has never been any proof or evidence of ANYTHING supernatural.

An other thing as an atheist if somehow proof of a gods existence came to light I would respect such proof and become a believer however no matter how many facts are given to the religious about how their beliefs are invented by man they will never not believe.

March 1, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • Evidence

No matter how much they believe or how hard they pray or who prays for them god has never miraculously healed an amputee, despite all the claims in the bible that prayers will be granted

March 1, 2013 at 7:55 pm |
  18. William Demuth

Hey look at that, right in the picture

He lifts his arm and an altar boy falls out of his robe!!

Good riddance to the ex Nazi ex Pope! May he burn in his own imaginary hell for his complicity in child buggery.

March 1, 2013 at 11:10 am |
    • IHAVESEENT THELIGHT

William, I am not a Benedict fan either, he was never accused of any wrong doing with children and as I understand it, he was working hard to solve the problem.

March 1, 2013 at 12:06 pm |
    • William Demuth

Really?

He is resigning over it?

The fish rots from the head, and this degenerates hands are all over the scandal

March 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Seen, you are operating under the illusion that Catholic haters should rely on facts rather than scandal. They don't have to right, just loud.

March 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
    • William Demuth

Malarcky

I don't hate your cult any more than any of the other groups that protect child buggering degenerates and defraud little old ladies

You are a dinosaur from a distant and filthy past, and you too need to be "retired"

March 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

You've advocated violence against Christians on this public forum. You may not consider that hate but it's still incitement. I think you are delusionally blinded by your hatred to the point you won't even study the facts of child abuse in the world. You'd rather grenade a church, or more cowardly, get someone else to do it.

March 1, 2013 at 3:16 pm |
  19. Correctlycenter

Follow Christ and His true word, not the man-made rituals, edicts, traditions and tragedies of the RCC throughout the centuries...

March 1, 2013 at 10:59 am |
    • Bill Deacon

Read the sixth chapter of John. Everything in Catholicism flows from that.

March 1, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • meifumado

All religion are man made.

Please wake up from your delusions.

March 1, 2013 at 11:40 am |
    • IHAVESEENT THELIGHT

I am not Catholic, nor am I a fan of Catholics who claim ownership of the Christian faith, BUT, lets not forget that if it weren't for the RCC, there would be very few, if any, hospitals in South Americ, sub saherin Africa and many parts of Asia. The RCC has done some high profile damage, like all large organizations, but, they have also done a lot of great things for this planet and its people!!!

March 1, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
  20. Observer

Praying for a godly man as the next pope.

March 1, 2013 at 10:48 am |
    • meifumado

Preying does nothing do not waste your time.

March 1, 2013 at 11:42 am |
    • Bob

@meifu:

Papal duties include praying. Betraying ignorance about liturgical requirements is not prudent.

March 1, 2013 at 12:46 pm |