home
RSS
March 9th, 2013

Chris Tomlin, king of the sing-along

By Eric Marrapodi and Tom Foreman, CNN
[twitter-follow screen_name='EricCNNBelief'] [twitter-follow screen_name='tomforemancnn']

Baltimore (CNN) - The capacity crowd at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore is bouncing in unison to the most widely sung music on the planet today. The catwalk above the arena is shaking.

Chris Tomlin grabs the microphone and asks the crowd if they’re ready.

"I feel alive, on God's great dance floor!" He leads the packed venue in singing and jumping.

Tomlin is out touring the country with his latest studio album, “Burning Lights.” In January, it topped the Billboard 200 charts. But unlike those who've enjoyed performances by Beyonce, Johnny Cash and a host of others who've played this Baltimore hall, after these fans stream out the doors they will have ample opportunity to sing Tomlin's songs again, as one.

That is the secret to Tomlin’s success – the stage, the lights, the band - aren’t about him. As lively as his shows are, the point is not to get you inside the doors. The point is to get you singing in church.

“I strive for trying to write something that people can sing, that people want to sing, and that people need to sing,” Tomlin explained before the show.

Tomlin is the undisputed king of worship music, a genre of Christian music sung on Sunday mornings all across the world and increasingly played on Christian radio stations. The music is simple, devotional and easy on the ears.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

“We would say that Chris is the most prolific songwriter in the United States now, in this past decade,” said Howard Rachinski, CEO of Christian Copyright Licensing International, the company that tracks what music is used in churches around the world.

In 2012, CCLI paid out $40 million to artists and musicians, and Tomlin got a healthy slice of that pie. Churches around the world used 128 songs he wrote or co-wrote last year, Rachinski said.

CCLI estimates that every Sunday in the United States, between 60,000 and 120,000 churches are singing Tomlin’s songs. By extrapolating that data, Rachinski says, “our best guess would be in the United States on any given Sunday, 20 to 30 million people would be singing Chris Tomlin's songs.”

In their last two reporting periods, Tomlin had the No. 1 most-sung song and five of the top 25.

Search YouTube for "How Great is Our God" or "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)." Black, white, Asian, big churches, small ones are all belting out Tomlin songs. A lot.

For perspective, consider Tomlin’s musical success against one secular counterpart. In 2012, Katy Perry's record sales dwarfed Tomlin’s, but Billboard reported her songs were played 1.4 million times on the radio. Using CCLI’s low-end calculation, Tomlin’s songs were played 3.12 million times in churches.

Growing up Tomlin

Chris Tomlin was reared in Grand Saline, Texas, heavily influenced by country music. His dad taught him to play the guitar.

“I learned all country music - Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash, all those kind of guys. Those are what my dad played and I played. And I played at my church as well,” Tomlin said.

Tomlin went to college to study sports medicine. “I just didn't know the music would take me here. I loved it and I was getting opportunities to go play, and when I say go play I was starting to write songs of worship even (as) a young kid. I didn't know really what worship music was, what a worship leader was, any of that. I didn't know any of those terms,” he said.

Today, at 40 years old, he is the artist most associated with worship music.

While in college he began singing and writing in earnest. As a senior, he said, he was getting invitations to lead the music for Christian conferences with 10,000 students.

He knew his music was resonating with crowds when he got a call from EMI Publishing after his song “We Fall Down,” which was released in 1998, starting being  played in churches.

“I was just writing songs for the church and from there they just started taking off.”

The compositions are considerably different from pop music. They are simpler, and he takes pains to write them that way.

“I'm thinking as that comes out of my heart as a song of response, I'm trying to think, how can I form this so that everybody, people who are tone deaf, who can't clap on two and four, how can I form this song so they can sing it, so that it is singable?”

Part of that process comes from his love of country music, the simplicity of that music and the stories those songs tell. His goal is to write songs that communicate what people would like to say to God.

“Now, that doesn't happen all the time. I mean, I write so many songs that you never hear because they are not any good.”

Tomlin is the worship pastor at Passion City Church in Atlanta. He leads worship there twice a month and beta tests all his new songs on the congregation. Tomlin is also a major draw as the worship leader of the Passion Conferences, a series of Christian conferences around the world. In January, the conference packed out the Georgia Dome in Atlanta with 60,000 college-age students. Billboard magazine noted the conference helped push up pre-sales of Tomlin’s latest CD.

His songs are so sought-after that, even before they're released on CD, they start showing up in CCLI’s online database.

“His songs have probably had the most immediate impact on churches that we have seen in history,” Rachinski said. “Even before you get to street release [of a CD], churches are already networked and engaged with his songs.”

Don’t look for a crossover

Other contemporary Christian musicians, as the music industry designates them, have crossed over to mainstream pop with some success. Tomlin said he has no designs on making that leap.

He also doesn’t need the money. Over the course of his career he’s sold 4.2 million albums, had 6 million digital downloads, a number of sold-out tours, and of course, the copyright royalties.

Tomlin said money isn't what motivates him to write and perform.

“I feel like I have a responsibility,  that God has given me a gift to write songs for his church that people listen to and that people are coming to expect now,” he said. “When I make a record I feel that responsibility that worship leaders, churches are going to say, 'Hey, are these some new songs we can sing in our church?' And I don't take that lightly, and I don't go, ‘Oh let's go do something else fun.’”

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

“I haven't invented any new instruments, I haven't created new chords that no one has ever played. I play the same chord that every band plays, we play the same instruments up there, the melodies are melodies. The difference to me in the music is that I ask that God's presence be on it and that people, when they sing these songs, sense that God does something.”

The spotlight is on Tomlin even more than ever after starting the year a top the Billboard charts. As he tours the country at bigger and bigger venues, he would prefer to step out of the spotlight, away from the microphone, and let everyone else sing.

“People would be mad that they paid for a ticket for that. So I do that just occasionally, but that is what I love.”

He said the night before, at the Theater at Madison Square Garden, he took as much time as he could to step back and let everyone else sing.

“It was just so beautiful, because I feel like it says something. It's not just like, ‘Hey, listen to me sing.’ This is all of us together. I think when you step back from the mic and it is not about you - and yeah, the light may be on you, but this is about all of us singing. This is about a bigger story, it's about a greater story. It's about a greater name than my name. My name is on the ticket, but this is about a greater name.”

CNN's Oliver Janney, Chris Turner, and Dan Merica contributed to this post.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Christianity • Music

soundoff (1,754 Responses)
  1. lol??

"Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."........................ Can't hear?? Blame God for makin' Adam and Eve tone deaf. That'll work. GONG.

March 12, 2013 at 12:01 am |
    • .

Yeah, yeah, we know how much you like banging, lollsabout. Gong. Fucking inbred tard.

March 12, 2013 at 1:10 am |
  2. Follower of the LORD

Ah, I said nothing about wagering loss or gain. I said I CHOOSE Heaven over Hell.

March 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm |
    • .

Yawn.

March 11, 2013 at 10:41 pm |
    • Twitter the LORD

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

March 11, 2013 at 10:46 pm |
  3. Follower of the LORD

Take heart brothers and sisters in Christ. Do not let the words of the unsaved bring down your spirit. They are only jealous because they are not filled with the JOY and PEACE of our MIGHT father in Heaven. They world strives to steal that peace from us. Do not allow it!

March 11, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

You might want to see a professional about those paranoid delusions of yours.

March 11, 2013 at 8:04 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

THE TRUTH IS WITH YOU, I KNOW CHRIST DOESN'T NEED ME DEFENDING HIM BUT THESE PAGANS CAME TO THE WRONG BLOG..... THEY WILL BE CRUSHED!!!

March 11, 2013 at 8:04 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@all caps troll

Crushed by what? The weight of your irrelevance? That might actually be possible.

March 11, 2013 at 8:06 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

HAWAIIGUEST ....BACK AGAIN....... HEY HOWLIE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE..... JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU WASHED ALL THE CRAP OFF.... YOU FIND OUT IT STILL STINKS!!!

March 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm |
    • Jen

What, crushing now? Yet more violence by your murderous sky fairy? No thanks. Please keep your delusions to yourself or see a doctor about them.

March 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@all cas troll

Yup, back again, and I see you have gained absolutely no relevance in the meantime. How much self-loathing you must have to post the idiocy that you do is only present in the uncurably stupid.

March 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@all caps troll

Well, at least you figured out what that little button called "Reply" does. I'm happy for your infinitesimally small step away from utter stupidity.

March 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
    • End Religion

jealous of clinically insane short bus riders? that's a hoot. How nice you have jokes of nature like TT to champion your wackadoodle cause.

March 11, 2013 at 8:25 pm |
    • Mass Debater

" our MIGHT father"
      " They world "

Once again, the morons show us their fruits, those of poor grammar and spelling which is spread across these boards like projectile diarrhea on a daily basis.

In this case however, the grammar error of "our MIGHT father in Heaven" may not be that far off if you take it to mean the father in heaven that MIGHT exist, but probably doesn't...

March 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm |

MY God can cause plagues to befall entire nations. He can part the waters of an enormous body of water. He loves each and every person in this world He sent His SON here to die for us (believer and non-believer, alike) so that we may be SAVED through confession OF HIM! MY GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE! Can you say that of YOUR tin gods and the inanimate objects you bow down before?
      The way I see it, there are really only two options come judgement day: revel in His ETERNAL GLORY - or - COWER in fear in the eternal fires of Hell.
      I know what my choice is thank you very much.

March 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Follower

Are you just a Poe, or are you really as completely insane as your posts suggest?

March 11, 2013 at 8:53 pm |

Ah. yes, let us pick apart typos and punctuation. Let us avoid the true issue. the word was MIGHTY and you know it. Sorry, I don't spell check quick blurbs on a news story page. I used to BE you, all high and mighty. I knew everything and those who followed Christ (or any religion) were weak minded simpletons. I now know better. Have a great life. May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace (Numbers 6:24-26)

March 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

MAN: It's nothing to do with me, I am not involved with people. The Lord knows I am not a cruel man.

ZARNIWOOP: Ah! You say . . . the Lord! You believe in . . .

MAN: My cat. I call him the Lord. I am kind to him.

(Douglas Adams)

March 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Follower, Pascal's Wager was discredited almost as soon as he said it.

March 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Follower

I'm wondering. Do you have anything relevant or meaningful to say instead of constant, moronic reinforcement of your own beliefs instead of engaging in any kind of discussion? Do you write the things you do merely to make yourself feel better in your own insecurities about your beliefs?

March 11, 2013 at 9:33 pm |
    • lol??

Hyguys method is to discuss (di, hhhmmm, with dissin' and cussin' thrown in for gud measure), until he's blue in the face. And longer, Gonger! GONG, bigot.

March 11, 2013 at 11:02 pm |
    • sam stone

THE TRUTH (as if): It's Haole, not Howlie, you jeebus pandering fvck

March 12, 2013 at 3:48 am |
    • sam stone

Follower of the LARD: Your god is an impotent little punk. Now, get back on your knees and beg like a good little slave

March 12, 2013 at 3:54 am |
    • THE TRUTH

@sam stone

I GUESS YOU WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I SINCE YOU ARE A HAOLE......

March 13, 2013 at 3:43 pm |
  4. End Religion

Looks like "lol??" wasn't getting enough attention even with his near constant posts and came out of the closet as TRUTH. I don't know if I've met anyone who craves attention like this twerp.

March 11, 2013 at 7:34 pm |
    • Austin

Takes one to know one. No come backs. Facial scrub.

March 11, 2013 at 7:38 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

YOUR LOW LIFE ONLY APPEARS WHEN THERE IS A ARTICLE REFERRING TO CHRISTIANS.... I KNOW YOU FROM OTHER ARTICLES.... SAME LAME COME BACKS ALMOST VERBATIM... WHAT A LOOSER. JUST BECAUSE YOU NEVER WENT TO A SCHOOL DANCE AND WAS NEVER PICKED FOR SPORTS THIS IS ALL YOU ADD UP TOO .... PATHETIC....

March 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS HURT.....

March 11, 2013 at 8:02 pm |
    • Jen

ER, I'd normally just laugh at "LOOSER" and other comments from the above all-caps nutcase, but hopefully the sanatorium guards will recapture him back into a straitjacket soon and keep the world out of danger from him.

March 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm |
    • End Religion

looks like I touched a nerve...

March 11, 2013 at 8:13 pm |
    • Austin

@ end religion. I like to joke around.

People don't make me mad. I vandalized a church before and was a hater. I caused a lot of damage and emotional pain because I was offended by christianity. God is so faithful and forgiving.

So when you get mad , that's fine with me. Everything is an important memory in character building.

March 11, 2013 at 8:29 pm |
    • ..

End Religion wasn't even TALKING to you, Austin. Persecution complex much? Who is craving attention NOW?

March 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm |
    • God's honest truth

THE TRUTH has posted so may lies today that I will have to smite her down. Educated at a top-ten school. What a joke. Anyway the joke will be on her.

March 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm |
    • lol??

GONG

March 11, 2013 at 9:34 pm |
    • clarity

yes, if this were the Gong Show, Chrissy T. would have been booted out long before he could make himself "prolific".

March 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
  5. Austin

Here's the real Austin, you poser.

There is an infiltrator .

The usual.

John 15:26-27
    New International Version (NIV)
    The Work of the Holy Spirit

26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

March 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm |
    • Austin

Favorite,........to those who believe in His name
      He came clothed in a robe dipped in blood and they called His name the Word of God. Rev 19:13
      for the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it upon the altar to atone for the soul,for it is the blood that atones for the soul. Lev17:11. 1400 bc

John 1:1-14
      New International Version (NIV)
      The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

March 11, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
    • Emerald

"John 15:26-27
      New International Version (NIV)
      The Work of the Holy Spirit

26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning."

Everyone knows the story about Jesus and the woman about to be stoned by the mob. This account is only found in John 7:53-8:12. The mob asked Jesus whether they should stone the woman (the punishment required by the Old Testament) or show her mercy. Jesus doesn’t fall for this trap. Jesus allegedly states, let the one who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her. The crowd dissipates out of shame. That story was not originally in the Gospel of John or in any of the Gospels. It was added by later scribes. The story is not found in the oldest and best manuscripts of the Gospel of John. Nor does its writing style comport with the rest of John. Most serious textual critics state that this story should not be considered part of the Bible.

March 11, 2013 at 7:41 pm |
    • Bob

Austin-Topher- or whatever your latest name is, spewing bible bile at us doesn't help your case. Too many people already know the flaws in your man-made book of horrors about your murderous ass hole in the sky. Time you took a more critical look at your sicko religious delusions.

March 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
    • lol??

GONG

March 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
  6. My Dog is a jealous Dog

@THE TRUTH

OK – prove me wrong. I DARE you to actually write something witty, or at least funny.

March 11, 2013 at 7:16 pm |
    • .

TheTruth = Answerman

March 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

DID YOU READ THIS BLOG???

March 11, 2013 at 7:23 pm |
    • My Dog is a jealous Dog

Yes, I saw a juvenile joke about Uranus and some poop references. Other than that, a bunch of screaming nonsense – nothing witty or funny.

March 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm |
    • ..

Nah, Answerman = Philip = Douglas. He outed himself.

March 11, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
  7. THE TRUTH

TO My Dog is a jealous Dog.. I BROUGHT A HK UMP MP7 TO YOUR FIGHT.. GOOD LUCK....

March 11, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • .

grow up and get some professional help.

March 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm |
  8. THE TRUTH

TO THE IMPOSTOR "THE TRUTH " GOOD ONE.... MORON ...THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO..MMMMMM.. WELL I REST MY CASE... SIMPLETONS

March 11, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
    • Hubert

In order to "rest one's case", one must first actually make a case, or at least a point.

March 11, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • End Religion

lol

March 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm |
  9. THE TRUTH

THIS IS TOO EASY, LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY.....

March 11, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • .

No, it's called bullying and you should seek professional help for your low self esteem issues.

March 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm |
    • My Dog is a jealous Dog

You brought a knife (caps lock) to a gun fight (debate).

March 11, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

I'M A COMPLETE MORON

March 11, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
  10. THE TRUTH

MASTUREBATER... I AM NOT ANGRY, I JUST LOVE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE FUN YOU AND YOUR BUNCH OF UNDERACHIEVING WINNERS....

March 11, 2013 at 6:33 pm |
    • My Dog is a jealous Dog

And exactly which "underachieving winners" should I be laughing at?

March 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm |
    • Austin

If only you could write a coherent sentence.

March 11, 2013 at 6:47 pm |
    • Mass Debater

Yes, it's true. I often win at life without even trying. 🙂

March 11, 2013 at 7:26 pm |
  11. THE TRUTH

AUSTIN .... GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO WRITE.. OR SMOKE LESS POT....

March 11, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
    • Austin

From someone not smart enough to figure out how to reply or how to turn off caps lock. Haha.

March 11, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
    • lol??

GONG

March 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
  12. THE TRUTH

SANTA ....USING MY WORDS... IF THIS DOESN'T TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE THEN WORDS WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU.....IF DARWIN WAS RIGHT YOU MUST BE THE MISSING LINK.....

March 11, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

That's progress. At least you admit that Darwin was right. Now if only we can rid you of your other delusions, with time you may be able to rejoin society.

March 11, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
  13. THE TRUTH

AUSTIN .... JESUS IS GREATER THAN I, SO IS EVERY CHRISTIAN...

March 11, 2013 at 6:20 pm |
    • Austin

Not only Christians are better than you; life above worms also.

March 11, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
  14. THE TRUTH

SANTA.... I AM PROOF.... THERE ISN'T ONE AMONG YOU THAT CAN COMPETE.... SUCH SIMPLETONS....

March 11, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Proof that you're a simpleton, I agree, but I thought you were claiming something that is not evident from your posts – that a god exists, specifically the god you believe in.

March 11, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
  15. THE TRUTH

MASS DEBATER...... YOUR 1ST YEAR PSYCHOLOGY THESIS IS WEAK.... FRESHMAN TADPOLE....

March 11, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
    • Mass Debater

I see I have angered you, just calm down or you might pop your brain cell...

March 11, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
  16. THE TRUTH

hal 9001... DIDN'T YOU DIE IN 2010 SPACE ODYSSEY??? HAL BUDDY OLD PAL DON'T YOU HAVE A JUPITER MISSION TO BE ON???... NO WAIT A MINUTE YOUR STUCK IN URANUS....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
    • Austin

Which is far better than being you.

March 11, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
  17. Joseph Daignault

All religions are a lie to guide and control the weak minded through their fears and ignorance. Wake up! The world is beautiful and real; your god is imaginary.

March 11, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • Mass Debater

A woman is with some friends in her kitchen preparing a roast and one friend notices that the woman cut's about an inch off the end of the roast before placing it in the pan so she says "Hey Janice, why did you cut that end off, isn't that good meat?" and Janice replied "Well thats the way you make a roast. Just like my mother and her mother before her I have been making roasts like this for half a century." But when the friend presses her and says "But Janice, i've made roasts too and I like that end that get's a little crisp, why do you need to cut it off?" and when Janice had no other excuse she decided to call her mother and find out. Her mother also did not know but said it was her mother that taught her to cut the end off so they call up her grandmother who is now in assisted living and Janice says "Hi Gam Gam, it's me Janice, I was just making a roast and I cut the end off just like you taught Mom and me and I just wanted to know why we do it that way?" to which her grandmother replied "What? You've been doing what? Cutting the end off your roast? What a waste! I only cut the end off because we didn't have a big enough roast pan back then!"...

So the moral of the story is, Janice didn't know that she was lying when she said this is how it was done, she was just speaking from her personal experience and had absolute faith in that personal experience whether it was accurate or not. So was she lying? Yes, but she didn't know she was lying until she was open enough to ask those hard questions like "Why do I believe what I believe?".

March 11, 2013 at 5:38 pm |
    • THE TRUTH

MY GOD IS REAL.... GO BACK TO YOUR BONG AND GET HIGH BECAUSE YOU ARE A BUZZ KILL.....

March 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

The Lie, Provide some evidence then.

March 11, 2013 at 6:16 pm |
  18. Pauline

What's wrong with Salvation Army Brass Bands, or even old-fashioned hymns?

March 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
    • Roger that

Ah the old-fashioned blood hymns. Nothing pleases me more than singing a song about taking a bath in blood. Is it church or a vampire convention?

March 11, 2013 at 6:47 pm |
    • lol??

GONG

March 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm |
  19. THE TRUTH

BILLY, SANTA AND THE REST OF YOU DAMMED FOOLS, WELCOME TO A TASTE YOUR OWN MEDICINE...... THIS IS WHY CHRISTIANS ARE TO BE HUMBLE BECAUSE THE MOMENT WE ARE NOT WE CAN DESTROY AND OBLITERATE FOOLS BUT YOU SEE WE LEAVE IT CHRIST VENGEANCE IS HIS NOT MINE.... NEXT TIME YOU FOLKS AWAKEN A SLEEPING GIANT.... STOP AND THINK..... MY ACHIEVEMENTS ARE JUST WORLDLY AND MEAN NOTHING IN THE BIGGER SCOPE OF THINGS... I AM NOTHING WITH OUT CHRIST!!!!!

March 11, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
    • I Paint Houses

Are you a latent appliance fetishist? Have you yet to admit to yourself that s.exual gratification can only be achieved through the use of machines?

March 11, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
    • hal 9001

I'M SORRY, "THE TRUTH", BUT THAT WAS (USING MY IDIOMATIC EXPRESSION EQUIVALENCY MODULE) "STUPID BEYOND BELIEF".

March 11, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@THe Truth

Wow you truly are a pathetic moron.

March 11, 2013 at 4:59 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Achievements? From someone who can't figure out how to turn off "CAPS LOCK" or how to use Reply. You see yourself as a giant – where? Lilliput?

March 11, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • Hubert

I fear that the TRUTH suffers from delusions of mediocrity.

March 11, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • Mass Debater

"MY ACHIEVEMENTS ARE JUST WORLDLY AND MEAN NOTHING IN THE BIGGER SCOPE OF THINGS... I AM NOTHING WITH OUT CHRIST!!!!!"

Sooooo, you are nothing then, because so far that reserved parking space you have for your Lord remains empty...

March 11, 2013 at 9:38 pm |
  20. THE TRUTH

BILLY .... LEAVING THE CAPS ON IS MY CHOICE... JUST LIKE I CHOOSE TO POOP ON EVERYONE IN THIS CHAT.....=)

March 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Maybe you should come back when you're smart enough to figure out how to use Reply.

March 11, 2013 at 4:36 pm |
    • Billy

OK, sorry – I guess looking like a idiot is your choice too. Good for you.

March 11, 2013 at 4:37 pm |
    • Austin

Oh because you're a big shit. I get it.

March 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm |