home
RSS
March 14th, 2013

Dolan: Conclave 'not all fun and games'

(CNN)–Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, shares details on the papal conclave with CNN's Chris Cuomo.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Catholic Church • Pope

1. Colin

Dear Catholics:

God here.

First, I do not exist. The concept of a 13,700,00,000 year old being, capable of creating the entire Universe and its billions of galaxies, monitoring simultaneously the thoughts and actions of the 7 billion human beings on this planet is ludicrous.

Second, if I did, I would have left you a book a little more consistent, timeless and independently verifiable than the collection of Iron Age Middle Eastern mythology you call the Bible. Hell, I bet you cannot tell me one thing about any of its authors or how and why it was edited over the Centuries, yet you cite them for the most extraordinary of claims.

Thirdly, when I sent my “son” (whatever that means, given that I am god and do not mate) to Earth, he would have visited the Chinese, Ja.panese, Europeans, Russians, sub-Saharan Africans, Australian Aboriginals, Mongolians, Polynesians, Micronesians, Indonesians and native Americans, not just a few Jews. He would also have exhibited a knowledge of something outside of the Iron Age Middle East.

Fourthly, I would not spend my time hiding, refusing to give any tangible evidence of my existence, and then punish those who are smart enough to draw the natural conclusion that I do not exist by burning them forever. That would make no sense to me, given that I am the one who elected to withhold all evidence of my existence in the first place.

Fifthly, in the same vein, I would not make about 5% of the human population gay, then punish them for being that way. In fact, I wouldn’t care about how humans have $ex at all, given that I created all of the millions of millions of species on the planet, all of whom are furiously reproducing all the time. Human $ex would be of no interest to me, given that I can create Universes. Has it ever occurred to you that your obsession with making rules around human $ex is an entirely human affair?

Sixth, I would have smited all traditional Catholics, (and evangelicals and fundamentalists) long before this. You people drive me nuts. You are so small minded and yet you speak with such false authority. Many of you still believe in the talking snake nonsense from Genesis. I would kill all of you for that alone and burn you for an afternoon (burning forever is way too barbaric even for me to contemplate).

Seventh, the whole idea of members of one species on one planet surviving their own physical deaths to “be with me” is utter, mind-numbing nonsense. Grow up. You will die. Get over it. I did. Hell, at least you had a life. I never even existed in the first place.

Eighth, I do not read your minds, or “hear your prayers” as you euphemistically call it. There are 7 billion of you. Even if only 10% prayed once a day, that is 700,000,000 prayers. This works out at 8,000 prayers a second – every second of every day. Meanwhile I have to process the 100,000 of you who die every day between heaven and hell. Dwell on the sheer absurdity of that for a moment.

Ninthly, had I existed, do you really think my representation on Earth would have such a history of corruption, retardation of science, financial misdeeds, political intrigue, outright criminal behavior and $exual misconduct, including pedophilia, as the Vatican does. I mean, come on! As a CEO, I would be fired for allowing my organization to run amok century after century.

Finally, the only reason you even consider believing in me is because of where you were born. Had you been born in India, you would likely believe in the Hindu gods, if born in Tibet, you would be a Buddhist. Every culture that has ever existed has had its own god(s) and they always seem to favor that particular culture, its hopes, dreams and prejudices. What, do you think we all exist? If not, why only yours?

Look, let’s be honest with ourselves. There is no god. Believing in me was fine when you thought the World was young, flat and simple. Now we know how enormous, old and complex the Universe is.

Move on – get over me. I did.

God

March 14, 2013 at 6:42 pm |
    • Baphomet

Fantastic. And true.

March 14, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
  2. Holy Hallucinations 28

March 14, 2013 at 4:49 pm |
  3. Bill Deacon

Because my interest is in a discussion with Topher

March 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
    • The Wobbly World of Jesus

Just remember that his mind is every bit as tightly shut as yours, with absolutely no chance of either of you changing your opinions, nor the opinion of the other. In other words, it will be a collossal waste of time. But then again, religion is a collossal waste of time, so go for it!

March 14, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

I've wasted a lot of time in my life but I don't think a minute of that was ever in discussion of the Gospel

March 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
    • Akira

I certainly wish you were here before, then, Bill.
      It appears he has left.

March 14, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
    • The Wobbly World of Jesus

If you are wrong and jesus is false, then the amount of your life wasted on a delusion would be truly sad.

And it is only arrogance to think you are sure when you have not the slightest evidence.

March 14, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
  4. Bill Deacon

Topher,

I've defended some of your arguments in the past but I have to say you must realize you are on shaky ground when un-believers are defending the Catholic Church to you. Still if there is a question you have about the Catholic Church I would be glad to entertain it. If nothing else, the haters will think we are going at each other in blood sport for their amusement but it might prove educational.

March 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm |
    • .

And yet you haven't disputed what anyone said about Catholicism to Topher as untrue...please educate me. I'm waiting.

March 14, 2013 at 4:36 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Because I think his interest is genuine

March 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

I have to say though, I love Hawaii's response to Topher. Nicely done Hawaii..

March 14, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Bill

It's merely another demonstration of the bible being the "Big Book of Multiple Choice". Read into it how you want, and you can justify a whole host of contradictory positions.

March 14, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
    • sam stone

I don't believe Gopher's interest is at all genuine. I think he just likes to hear himself preach and thinks we should all accept his drivel because he believes it.

March 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm |
  5. Over 40,000 denominations of insanity

Some believe that celibacy is appropriate for certain people, or for certain positions. It's ridiculous. Celibacy is unnatural and will continue to cause problems for the religious institutions that employ it.

Many of the people from these same institutions advocate against abortion, but don't understand the realistic benefit of the morning after pill or even basic contraception; their unrealistic wishful thinking is causing the death of many at the hands of disease. Realistically, many abortions could be avoided if a morning-after pill were not viewed as such an evil option. Many of these same people bring children into the world at a high pace, and then would prefer that the rest of society take over and educate their children in their particular brand of religion when they don't plan well.

In the U.S. recently we learned of the head of LCMS chastising a minister of that church for participating in a joint service for the victims of the Newtown school shooting.

One sect calls homosexuality an abomination while the next one in the same denomination is already performing gay marriage.

One sect, the Westboro Baptist Church believes Americans are being killed at war because America is too kind to "fags".

One sect believes that Jesus and Satan were brothers and that Christ will return to Jerusalem AND Jackson County, Missouri.

One sect believes women to be subservient, while another sect in the same denomination promotes equality between the sexes.

Conflicted right from the very beginning, Christianity continues to splinter and create divisions and more extremism as it goes.

=================================================
    Has anything improved with Christianity since 200+ years ago?

Thomas Jefferson, POTUS #3 (from Notes on the State of Virginia):

Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth.

James Madison, POTUS #4, chief architect of the U.S. Constitution & the Bill of Rights (from A Memorial and Remonstrance delivered to the Virginia General Assembly in 1785):

During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution.

John Adams, POTUS #2 (in a letter to Thomas Jefferson, 09/03/1816):

I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved – the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced! With the rational respect that is due to it, knavish priests have added prostitutions of it, that fill or might fill the blackest and bloodiest pages of human history.

Ben Franklin (from a letter to The London Packet, 3 June 1772):

If we look back into history for the character of present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in the Pagans, but practised it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England, blamed persecution in the Roman church, but practised it against the Puritans: these found it wrong in the Bishops, but fell into the same practice themselves both here and in New England.

Thomas Paine (from The Age of Reason):

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

March 14, 2013 at 3:33 pm |

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxIEaJXSPmA

March 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
  7. Benny Hinn Hill

March 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm |

March 14, 2013 at 3:15 pm |

March 14, 2013 at 3:16 pm |
  8. Madtown

We believe it, so we should do what it says.
    -----–
    The 9/11 hijackers also believed their actions were inspired by God, and that they should undertake them without question.

March 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
    • Madtown

Duh, this was meant as a reply in the Topher section.

March 14, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
    • David

George W also thought he was following his God when he brought America into the Iraq war under false pretenses.

March 14, 2013 at 3:15 pm |
    • Akira

George W is a war criminal.

March 14, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
  9. Prior

"It is the will of the Ori, that we should spread Origin to all those blessed by their creation."

March 14, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
  10. Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

The only place where the pope and catholic church is relevant is the ignorance of 3rd world countries...hence South America...is it really surprising they chose this old relic?

March 14, 2013 at 2:22 pm |
    • sam

He is pretty old. They might have to redo the whole conclave thing again sooner rather than later. It's likely hard to find younger members of the church who are as hardline as the old guys would like.

March 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  11. truth be told

A few ho mose xuals lied their way into the priesthood to attack the innocents, to continually blame the entire church for the conduct of a ho mose xual minority is like blaming banks because there are bank robbers.

March 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
    • Paul

Yippee! The village idiot is back.

March 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm |
    • Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

You are clueless truth be dumb.

March 14, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
    • sam

It's one of our favorite crazy old trolls! Hey tbt, are you happy about the new pope? Are you capable of being happy about anything?

March 14, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
    • midwest rail

Paul – there are really only two options here. Either t.b.t. is a construct of someone who is really bored, or we know now why the bell curve actually is populated on the low end.

March 14, 2013 at 2:27 pm |
    • Akira

And this stupid analgy is still stupid.
      1) Pedophilia isn't the same thing as being gay.
      2) Would the banks move the robbers around to other banks to be robbed, instead of having them arrested?
      Stupid troll.

March 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
    • Paul

We did learn in 2008 that banks are willing to pay multi-million dollar buy outs to people who ran the banks into the ground.

March 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
    • Lenn

tbt
      There are plenty of male pedophiles who target little girls too, so nobody really buys that this is the fault of gays. Pedophiles like children, and anyone who was ever raised Catholic will know that priests just had way more access to boys than girls. Besides, girls could get pregnant and weren't as easily shamed into keeping quiet. That's why it was mostly boys the priests were interested in.

March 14, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  12. sam

Anyone want to take bets on how many more pope-related articles we see before it tapers off? I say, maybe...12.

March 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Akira

I think 12 is conservative, sam.

March 14, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
    • Paul

I hope we are that lucky.

March 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
    • sam

Yeah...maybe I need to up that number. Ok, 24!

March 14, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
    • sam

omg, there have been two more posted just since I wrote this. Argh.

March 14, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  13. Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

I wonder how many bareback boys they had running around while they voted?

March 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm |
    • A Frayed Knot

Silly cliches dilute the seriousness of the problem.

March 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

Actually no they dont.

March 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
  14. Bootyfunk

yay! there's a new head child molester! everyone celebrate!

March 14, 2013 at 1:52 pm |
    • A Frayed Knot

Again - Silly cliches dilute the seriousness of the problem.

March 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

Perhaps to simple minds it does

March 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
  15. Reality

Part of the flawed underbelly of Christianity that even a pope named Francis or a cardinal named Dolan will not be able to cure:

(only for the new members of this blog as current members know the flaws already):

Saving Christians from the Infamous Resurrection Con/

From that famous passage: In 1 Corinthians 15: 14, Paul reasoned, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."

To wit;

From a major Catholic university's theology professor’s grad school white-board notes:

Jesus and Mary's bodies are therefore not in Heaven.

"

The Vatican quickly embellished this story with a lot CYAP.

With respect to rising from the dead, we also have this account:

An added note: As per R.B. Stewart in his introduction to the recent book, The Resurrection of Jesus, Crossan and Wright in Dialogue,

p.4

p.168. by Ted Peters:

Even so, asking historical questions is our responsibility. Did Jesus really rise from the tomb? Is it necessary to have been raised from the tomb and to appear to his disciples in order to explain the rise of early church and the transcription of the bible? Crossan answers no, Wright answers, yes. "

So where are the bones"? As per Professor Crossan's analyses in his many books, the body of Jesus would have ended up in the mass graves of the crucified, eaten by wild dogs, covered with lime in a shallow grave, or under a pile of stones.

March 14, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  16. Topher

They were just saying on the news how devoted to Mary the new Pope is ... and how he went to a church and kneeled before an idol. What's that all about?

March 14, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
    • Madtown

He's just doing the same thing you do, following the man-made traditions he's comfortable with.

March 14, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • Topher

Two problems with that. One, you're right, his are man-made. Second, they are anti-Biblical.

March 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
    • Madtown

And, queue the arrogance. Yours are not man-made?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
    • Topher

Call it arrogance if you want. I don't care. But at least mine are Biblical. Shouldn't the Pope's be?

March 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
    • Doobs

I'm sure if you asked a Catholic about it, they could show you scriptures and explain it in a way that makes perfect sense to them. Just like you explain away the bothersome aspects of believing in imaginary sky gods by quoting scriptures.

March 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
    • Madtown

Biblical = man-made.

March 14, 2013 at 1:00 pm |
    • Topher

I'd LOVE for a Catholic to explain it to me.

March 14, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
    • Topher

Madtown

I'm sorry you believe that. But it doesn't matter. Both Catholics and Protestants believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. And if we believe that, why aren't we following it?

March 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
    • Madtown

I'm sorry you believe that
      ---
      Not really something you believe, it's just a fact. Humans wrote, edited, transcribed, translated, and selected the individual works to comprise the bible. Fact. You are welcome to BELIEVE that they were "inspired" by God to do this if you wish, but that doesn't make it so.

March 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm |
    • Topher

Madtown

Rabbit trail. We believe it, so we should do what it says.

March 14, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
    • Paul

Since you are not Catholic, Topher, why do you even care?

March 14, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
    • Akira

Topher,
      Also, look up 'Jesuit', which this Pope is.

March 14, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
    • Paul

Also, Topher, I would imagine that the Pope know more about what the bible says than you do anyway.

March 14, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
    • Christianity is a form of SEVERE mental illness

Topher has a hard time grasping the understanding of the word inspired

March 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
    • Madtown

We believe it, so we should do what it says.
      -––

March 14, 2013 at 2:32 pm |
    • Topher

Paul

I care because I don't want to see anyone — including Catholics and YOU — to go to Hell.

And I would hope the Pope knows more than me considering what he claims to be. All I'm asking is why they'd do something the Bible clearly teaches against.

March 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
    • Paul

So you are going to argue that the Pope is wrong, and that you therefore do know more about what the bible says than he does? While at the same time admitting that the Pope knows more about the bible than you do?

March 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm |
    • Topher

Akira

" Anything that a Catholic would say is unlikely to change your mind; I think you know that."

True. Doesn't mean I can't have an adult conversation about it.

" If you truly want to know, there are many Catholic websites that you can look up: you can start by Googling "do Catholics worship idols?""

Why look it up when a Catholic can talk to me on a message board?

" I suspect, though, that you really do not care for those answers; I suspect you just want to crow how much more pious your denomination is over the Catholics."

Being pious won't help you.

" I can give you the short answer as to why Catholic Churches were so beautiful in earlier centuries; in the words of Isaiah, "I have loved, O Lord, the beauty of thy house and the place where thy glory dwelleth.""

Not sure what that has to do with anything here, but that's fine. I love old Catholic churches. I think they're beautiful. In fact, I used to attend one.

" This is a translation from the early 17th century, and it has been changed to dumb it down for the masses."

What is?

"Or, you can just look it up instead of making fun of Catholics on a blog about the Pope."

I haven't made fun of Catholics or the pope. I think they're wrong, but I haven't made fun of them. In fact, if it appears I have, I'll apologize to any Catholic who thinks I need to.

March 14, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
    • sam stone

Yours are man made too, Gopher

March 14, 2013 at 2:46 pm |
    • Topher

Paul

Please explain to me who the Pope is ... what he's there for and what he stands for. Then give me the scriptures that backs that up.

March 14, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • Paul

Here Topher, try this one:

It is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholics do not pray TO saints or Mary, but rather that Catholics can ask saints or Mary to pray FOR them. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different than asking someone here on earth to pray for us.

March 14, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • Paul

March 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Topher

On the basis of Mark 3:16, 9:2, Luke 24:34 and 1 Corinthians 15:5, the Catechism of the Catholic Church describes Peter as holding first place among the apostles. It speaks of Peter as the rock on which, because of Peter's faith, Christ said in Matthew 16:18 he would build his Church, which he declared would be victorious over the powers of death. In Luke 22:32, Jesus gave Peter the mission to keep his faith after every lapse and to strengthen his brothers in it. The Catechism of the Catholic Church sees the power of the keys that Jesus promised to Peter alone in Matthew 16:19 as signifying authority to govern the house of God, that is, the Church, an authority that Jesus after his resurrection confirmed for Peter by instructing him in John 21:15–17 to feed Christ's sheep. The power to bind and loose, conferred on all the apostles jointly and to Peter in particular (Matthew 16:19) is seen in the Catechism of the Catholic Church as authority to absolve sins, to pronounce judgments on doctrine and to make decisions on Church discipline.[29]

March 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
    • ..

Then look up some websites, Topher, and get educated in their belief system instead of letting rumor tell you what they believe, and instead of coming on here acting like a religious bigot. They are scripturally sound. Look up the reasons why.
      Hint: theirs, AND YOURS, and all in the interpretation.

March 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
    • Topher

I know they say this. But where is the scriptural support? Also, this among many from the Catech.ism ...

"Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation . . . . Therefore the Blessed Vi.rgin is invoked in the Church under the ti.tles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix."

Saving office? intercession? Gifts of eternal salvation? Mediatrix? All heresy.

March 14, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
    • sam stone

More proxy threats from Gopher about hell. Blah, blah, fvcking blah, Gopher

March 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
    • Topher

Paul

"Topher, I'm not Catholic and don't feel like wasting my time reading the bible at the moment."

Don't waste your time. The office of pope isn't there. Neither does it say to pray to anyone who is dead. What it does say is pray to God (yes, directly. Not to a priest or to a saint.) and that there's only one mediator between God and men ... Christ Jesus!

March 14, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
    • Paul

Topher, I don't care what the bible says about anything. It is a 2000 year old collection of books, and nothing more.

March 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
    • Paul

Why does asking someone to pray for you make you a heretic?

March 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Topher

Wow. So you merely say stuff about the catechism, but ignore the parts where it references specific bible verses. How...predictable of you. It just harkens back to "my interpretation is right because I say so".

March 14, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
    • Akira

"True. Doesn’t mean I can’t have an adult conversation about it."
      Having a conversation implies that one is actually listening to the other. Since it is unlikely that any answer is likely to satisfy you, answering your questions is futile.

"Why look it up when a Catholic can talk to me on a message board?"
      Because, obviously, it is useless to answer a question that will be asked again the next day by you.

"Being pious won’t help you."
      It won't help you, either.

"Not sure what that has to do with anything here, but that’s fine. I love old Catholic churches. I think they’re beautiful. In fact, I used to attend one."
      It goes back to why there are statues in RCC's. And if you used to attend one, why are you asking these questions?

"What is?"
      Psalm 26:8, that I referenced before.

"I haven’t made fun of Catholics or the pope. I think they’re wrong, but I haven’t made fun of them. In fact, if it appears I have, I’ll apologize to any Catholic who thinks I need to."

Oh, mea culpa. You were serious about Catholics not believing in Jesus, or that they're not Christian. You were serious about dismissing a whole denomination of Christianity. Okay.

Whatever.

March 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
    • .

Guys, save your breath. Topher isn't interested in any other religions other than his own. If it makes the little shit feel better about himself, let him do it. Everyone knows what a hypocritical little freak he is. He is the worst online preacher I've seen. Austin, by comparison, makes Topher look illiterate, and THAT'S saying something!!!

March 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
    • sam stone

Gopher just wants to preach. He will not answer questions directly. He is an intellectual coward, and he gets his jollies by issuing empty proxy threats....."i am just trying to save you from hell". He thinks that because he believes it, other people should believe it. Gopher.....go fvck yourself

March 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm |
    • sam stone

. I think it is not just that Gopher is not interested in religions other than his own, but views other than his own. He is incredibly sure that he is correct and everybody else is wrong. After all, he speaks for god. He is a diseased gash

March 14, 2013 at 3:46 pm |
    • Larry of Nazareth

Topher very humbly believes that he knows absolutely everything about religion and that everyone else is wrong while he is infallibly right. In a humble way.

March 14, 2013 at 3:49 pm |
    • sam stone

Gopher is the most humble person in the world. Just ask him.

March 14, 2013 at 4:15 pm |
    • Cal

Topher, are you saying that your God would send some one to hell for misinterpreting the Bible, even if they believe Christ to be thier savior?

March 14, 2013 at 4:17 pm |
    • sam stone

Gopher has said that he did not grow up in a religious household. I wonder what happened. Closed head injury? Maybe Mrs. Gopher had some say in it. No pookie until you confess Jeebus as savior?

March 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
    • sam stone

Cal: Of course not. Gopher would say that god sends no one to hell. They send themselves by not kneeling down like a snivelling slave and begging for forgiveness from their bread crumb sins

March 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
    • The Wobbly World of Jesus

Consider this: you only go to hell for not being a snivelling toady. You can be a mass murderer, and as long as you become a Jesus-toady, you are in heaven. But the finest, most giving and considerate human on the planet who is not a Jesus-toady burns in hell.

The only crime to god is not sucking up.

March 14, 2013 at 4:44 pm |
    • sam stone

Wobbly World: This is pretty much what one would expect of a god created by man.

March 15, 2013 at 8:38 am |
    • sam stone

But, toadies don't consider that. They are convinced that they need to be punished

March 15, 2013 at 8:45 am |
  17. SAAB

I heard foxy Dolan saying yesterday, oooh I didn't know him [Jorge], but before conclave he [Jorge] came to me, shook my hands and said Cardinal Dalon, I know you're from NY, he doesn't have strong voice, but he is blah blah blah; gra-pes are sour right Mr Dalon, lol!!

March 14, 2013 at 12:08 pm |
    • SAAB

oh btw, you can literally say from Dolan's voice he was jealous, not really excited with his new BOSS.

March 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
  18. AB

Well if they would let the alter boys in it would be all fun and games!

March 14, 2013 at 10:57 am |
  19. HeavenSense

Hi Prayerbot.

March 14, 2013 at 10:56 am |
    • as always

In your zeal to be a moron you've missed the reply function, well done.

March 14, 2013 at 11:29 am |
  20. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

March 14, 2013 at 10:30 am |
    • Jesus

March 14, 2013 at 10:54 am |
    • Really?

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things"

That's why the data, has shown that atheists have happier and healthier lives than conservative Christians. Your post is built on a lie!

March 14, 2013 at 10:55 am |
    • HeavenSense

Hi Prayerbot

March 14, 2013 at 10:58 am |
    • truth be told

To be "happy and healthy" torture and murder millions of innocents, that is the way of the atheist. No germs can be spread if you've mass murdered everyone else and who could debate that the atheist is happiest with the blood of thousands on its hands. Great formula for non life you've got there.

March 14, 2013 at 11:28 am |
    • .

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited."

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

March 14, 2013 at 11:30 am |
    • truth be told

hitler was a liar and an atheist, the 4000 priests he murdered may argue the point with you if they were allowed to live. To quote hitler as Truth is one of the the worst human abuses you could stoop to.

March 14, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

The pathetic prayer bot and tbt trolls are here again. I guess the self loathing got to large and they needed to come and lie to feel better about themselves. Keep going you too, you're perfect examples of the damage religion does to the mind.

March 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
    • .

"truth be told" is the belief blog liar and this is a great example of it.

March 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
    • Paul

If all atheists are liars, are all liars atheists? If so Truth be Told is an atheist as he is certainly a liar.

March 14, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • .

Truthbetarded. The perfect antidote for someone thinking of becoming a Christian.

March 14, 2013 at 3:56 pm |
    • snopes says

truth be told is false

March 14, 2013 at 3:59 pm |
    • snopes says

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things" is false

March 14, 2013 at 4:00 pm |