home
RSS
March 29th, 2013

Pope Francis visits murderers and thieves

(CNN)–Pope Francis washes prisoners' feet in Easter ritual. CNN's Ben Wedeman reports.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Catholic Church • Pope Francis

1. fedthehellup25

All true Zingo, but this Pope hasn't done those things that you lay at his feet...no the ones before him. Maybe there is hope of better days to come, that's what I meant. Give the dude a chance.

April 1, 2013 at 3:02 am |
    • Zingo

So he isn't wearing the expensive clothes? He isn't living in the palace, being served the finest luxury? He sold the loot in the Vatican museums and gave the proceeds to the poor? He admitted the full scope of the criminal conspiracy to stonewall victims and shield the pedophiles? He has given up the bishops and cardinals who obstructed justice? He has revealed the unredacted secret files? He has admitted to the crimes and allegations we don't even know about but they do?

You really think any of that is going to happen? Really? That's terribly naïve.

April 1, 2013 at 3:08 am |
    • jed clampett

Give the "man" a chance! He is certainly a breath of fresh air. Just don't call him Francis! 🙂

April 3, 2013 at 12:43 am |
  2. fedthehellup25

AmadoC I applaud you!! Hear me clap! Love your words!

April 1, 2013 at 2:56 am |
  3. fedthehellup25

WWJD? Wouldn't he feed the poor, the tired, the hungry and help the people? Why do people freak out when someone does what he's supposed to? He's The Pope isn't. It his job to serve everyone, even crimminals?

April 1, 2013 at 2:50 am |
    • Zingo

Would Jesus wear super expensive clothing like the Pope, or life in an uberpalace and waited upon hand and foot in the most extreme luxury? Would he have museums full of some of the finest art ever looted during invasions? Would he stonewall victims of the pedophilia scandal and shield the perpetrators?

April 1, 2013 at 2:55 am |
  4. AmadoC

Strange how we always see symbolic images of the Pope, but to be honest one where he commands the World along Jesus Christ who is according to the bible... the only true King of Earth who you should be the only servant to and nobody else of/nothing more to... I bet it would even inspire me to read the last chapters, like 200 pages more of the thousands or so I have read from page 1. As I await my God to be referred to with my name, that the loved one who brings us a vision and order to a greater world from an actual historic place... there's so much I expect to be found in those last chapters by those fewer last words from such a grand book that they should only be words of inspiration and but with authority such as we see in the judicial system of Western civilization, might I add my educated glimpse of the actual last chapter, that as you gaze at another's smile like the Pope's in one of these pictures, find yourself living a great life with perhaps just a little sweetness to perceive yourself as a little angel and guardian of someone someday... and not in apocalypse like Syria or the situation in Palestine... that obviously is more interconnected than some of us might understand but hope I don't read about the result of this current war printed on the last page.... thank God I somehow believe Jesus was educated by Roman scholars and might have read a few knowledgeable books of such a faraway land, I can say I can actually walk away from apocalypse myself leaving behind but only a better place not to heaven yet because I was taught the power to view beauty even in the darkest of places and a place like hell in this world will someday not even exist. Is the Pope smarter than we think he is? I see he is but here in Las Vegas my pastor would be waiting for the child to stop crying out loud, the badly dressed woman to leave the church, capturing your servitude because his ultimate point most importantly is God. I wonder who those feet belong to but shall they at least place a coin in the collection?

April 1, 2013 at 12:48 am |
  5. splassher6

and today he pleaded for world peace...seriously word peace? that's original. Is he running for miss USA?

March 31, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
  6. Maria Constantine

There is much greater language and more pithy sayings in the Gospel. I advise you to listen to what Jesus actually said, if only for it incredible beauty, rather than attack him with heavily charged emotional and untrue words. For ex., how can you say it is a fraud since you don't know? How is it a blood cult? The words at the sacrifice during the Divine Liturgy are 'bloodless offering' and Jesus' only sacrifice was wine and bread, although he died because people viciously attacked him. If you stick TO what is written, you will find that what Christ offers is faith, not a religion or cult at all, but a way of seeing things that is fair and stands for love, grace and freedom.

March 31, 2013 at 7:41 am |
  7. In celebration of the resurrection of Christ

Thank you Jesus !

March 31, 2013 at 6:35 am |
  8. Mopery

Sounds like an ordinary day of meetings at the Vatican.

March 30, 2013 at 11:27 pm |
  9. Wes

He's just starting at the bottom, so as to work his way upward to an "entry level position".

March 30, 2013 at 9:45 am |
    • Bob1god

LOL !

March 30, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  10. Reality

Time to enter the sanitary 21st century by not using communal holy water fonts and not washing the dirty feet of others.

March 30, 2013 at 7:42 am |
  11. bernelle aoki

If you think Catherine`s story is super,, 2 weeks ago my auntie basically recieved a check for $8089 working eleven hours a week from there apartment and they're buddy's step-aunt`s neighbour was doing this for 4 months and earnt more than $8089 in their spare time from a computer. apply the information on this site.......... BIT40. ℂom

March 30, 2013 at 6:12 am |
  12. John Stefanyszyn

But Jorge Bergoglio also declares that it is right to be free to worship the god of one's own justification.

Christ served his followers....and his true followers are to serve Only the One True God...for it is written (it is commanded) that we are to worship the Lord our God and Him Alone to serve.

March 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm |
    • Douglas

It's also written that you are supposed to sacrifice a peach to the great sky Leopard, and that you shouldn't wash while looking at your feet on Thursdays in April. Done that yet?

March 29, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
  13. SAAB

when is he going to visit victims of Priests s ex abuse?

March 29, 2013 at 4:11 pm |
  14. Bootyfunk

the pope visited murderers and thieves... how quaint. to visit child molesters he just has to go home to the Vatican.

March 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
    • .

you will be there?

March 29, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
  15. Ever notice that Jesus' miracles sound like something the clown would do at your kid's birthday party?

Pope Franky washed the feet of prisoners. He washed the feet of Priests. They were the same feet.

March 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
    • Douglas

Kills one jailbird with one stone, I guess.

March 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
  16. Bill

"Pope Francis visits murderers and thieves"

He will be hanging out with child molesters next.

Oh wait, he's catholic, he already does that.

March 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
  17. Qwerty Elemeno

IT'S RABBLE-ROUSER ON A STICK DAY!!!!!

Whoo hoo. Can't wait for Zombie Resurrection Sunday.

March 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
  18. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

March 29, 2013 at 11:03 am |
    • Bill

I have been praying for a pack or wild dogs to chew off your fingers for months now.

Prayer obviously does not do jack shyt.

March 29, 2013 at 12:13 pm |
    • .

The only prayer available to you willie is the sinners sincere prayer of repentance without that your voice is more useless than your sorry ass.

March 29, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
    • Jesus

March 29, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • Really?

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things"

That's why the data, has shown that atheists have happier and healthier lives than conservative Christians. Your post is built on a lie!

March 29, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • Mason

Prayer does change. Lives and for prayers to be herd you have to except Jesus Christ as your savior and have complete faith that through him all things are possible prayer has to be from the heart and you you can't have any doubt in you whatsoever. My wife was diagnosed with cancer and had many unsuccessful treatments and they said we would never bare child but with prayers and through faith god healed my wife and we bared child so ill pray that you unbelievers soon believe because blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin and I don't want you to burn for an eternity it saddens me that people allow satin to rule them and keep them from god but it is your choice and Christ Jesus is my savior and my shepherd and through him I can overcome anything I love you father god and thank you for sending your son to die for our sins so we can have the chance to have everlasting life through Christ and Jesus you are my strength and the light that guides my way.

March 30, 2013 at 1:35 am |
  19. Bob

Leaders of a god fraud blood cult should be right at home with criminals. Especially in the case of a leader of the Catholic church, that is well known to have acted to shield child abusing priests.The Mafia, by another name...

March 29, 2013 at 10:52 am |