home
RSS
April 9th, 2013

Elaborate hoax: No, Joel Osteen has not renounced his faith

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – Joel Osteen, the popular megachurch pastor from Houston, is the target of an Internet hoax that falsely reported the Christian leader was leaving his church and renouncing his faith.

On a website designed to mimic Osteen’s official website, the pranksters posted “A special message from Pastor Joel.” The post describes the Bible as “a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times” and announces that Osteen plans to leave his Lakewood Church.

Osteen and church staff  labeled the website a fraud and said the idea that he was leaving the faith was a "false rumor."

According to the website's registration, Lucas Skass with BMG Enterprises LLC, who lists his residence in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, purchased the domain name on April 1 of this year – April Fools Day.

Calls to the number listed for Skass, as well as people associated with BMG Enterprises LLC, have gone unanswered.

"I am leaving the Christian faith," says a big banner near the top of the page.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

In addition to the announcement, the website posted a fake screenshot of CNN.com that included a falsified headline about Osteen’s supposed decision. The pranksters also launched an associated Twitter account that has since been suspended.

The website - http://www.joelostenministries.com/ - spells Osteen’s name wrong and comes with an elaborate disclaimer.

“This site is the property of Pastor Joel Osten and Joel Osten Ministries. It bears no relation to ‘Joel Osteen’ or ‘Lakewood Church,’" the disclaimer reads. “Any implication or relation to 'Joel Osteen' and the 'Lakewood Church' is purely coincidental. 'Joel Osteen' is not in any way involved or related to this site and references to 'Joel Osteen' are, again, entirely coincidental.”

In an interview with ABC News, Osteen dismissed the prank.

“You know, I’m really not angry. I don’t feel like a victim,” Osteen said. “I feel too blessed, that life is too short to let things like this get you down.”

He continued: “You can’t stop everything from happening, but you can choose to say, ‘God, it’s in your hands.’ I’m going to move forward. I’m going stay full of joy and I’m going to enjoy this day.”

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

Though Osteen dismissed the hoax, many on Twitter fell for it and were shocked by the announcement.

When one person on Twitter asked Osteen directly whether he was leaving the church, someone managing Osteen’s Twitter account responded by knocking down the false report.

Osteen has led the 45,000-person church since 1999, after his father, the founder of Lakewood Church, stepped down. He is one of the most recognizable faces in American Christianity and his ministry says Osteen’s sermons reach some 10 million people a week in over 100 countries.

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Pastors

soundoff (1,629 Responses)
  1. lol??

Same ol' same ol' ...............Send me your money........... I believe in god with a gubmint flavor.

April 10, 2013 at 10:20 pm |
    • lol??

Saraswati,
      You do know who the socialists are. They made everybody worse than broke at the end of the age.

April 10, 2013 at 10:25 pm |
  2. Saraswati

Am I the only personwho had no idea who this Joel Osteen person was before this story came out?

April 10, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

I'm sure you are not.

Though I have to admit I know exactly who this cheeseball is.

I give him credit for realizing that even an evangelical preacher can be inclusive and not deliver the worn out judgmental hellfire sermons. His approach instead was 'Jesus wants you to be rich' which is highly ironic given the supposed words of Jesus.

I suspect he is disliked even more by the traditional evangelicals than by non-believers.

April 10, 2013 at 8:25 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

I see him as a smarmy but clever motivational speaker who has figured out that unlike working the corporate circuit, he doesn't have to pay taxes as a preacher and can make a ton of money telling people who want hope what they want to hear.

He's a slippery fish and will never be pinned down on serious theology.

April 10, 2013 at 8:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

That is true, ^GOP. Most of the more traditional Christians are very critical of the Prosperity Doctrine. Actually, Joel is more on the side of Prosperity-Lite.

April 10, 2013 at 8:29 pm |
    • Saraswati

Wow...weird stuff. I guess if people rushed out and bought The Secret they'll go for that kind of thing.

April 10, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Saraswati,

just so – Google 'Joel Osteen books'.

People do rush out and buy this stuff. I have to admit that he's a lot less scary than the likes of John Hagee or Franklin Graham and not superannuated like the old guard – Billy Graham and Pat Robertson.

April 10, 2013 at 8:35 pm |
  3. Kilto

Atheism requires faith. You can believe there is no God but you can't really state it as a fact. I think Atheists are really just Agnostics which means they don't have a reason to believe in God. Human minds are finite, while God is Infinite.

April 10, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

Try actually learning what the two terms mean before you display your ignorance.

April 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
    • clarity

And then let's see your proof that "God is Infinite".

April 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm |
    • Kilto

Far from it...you idiot troll.

April 10, 2013 at 8:03 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

@Kilto

"Atheism requires faith."

Ummm no. It doesn't.

April 10, 2013 at 9:44 pm |
    • Larry

Kilto
      Atheism requires faith?
      Faith is what you need to convince yourself to believe in something when you haven't got any evidence to back it up with. In everyday language, we say that someone is holding onto their faith that they will survive cancer when the prognosis is terminal, for example. It's when you believe in something that you have no good, common sense, reason to believe in. That's faith.

We atheists don't believe in any gods. Why? Because there is no good, common sense reason to even suspect that they might actually be real. There is no good, compelling, testable evidence for the existence of God. That's why we're unconvinced that he exists, just like most people are unconvinced that unicorns and elves are actually real. Nobody is dead certain that they aren't, but there is no good reason to live your life as though they are, or even might be real, right?

Human minds may be finite, but the irony is that human minds conceived that God is infinite. So it's just as easy that our limited minds got this wrong as anything else.

April 11, 2013 at 12:44 am |
  4. JJ

Who cares... zzzzzzzzzzz.......

April 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm |
  5. TG

Mr Joel Osteen is no different than the Jewish religious leaders when Jesus walked the earth, in which for (1) he in reality is lover of money and (2) he has litttle accurate knowledge of the Bible. After Jesus had given an illustration about not being able to be "slaves to God and to riches", the "Pharisees, who were money lovers, were listening to all these things, and they began to sneer at him."(Luke 16:13, 14)

Just as these Jewish religious leaders put on a front of piety, so likewise does Mr Joel Osteen. Just as the Jewish religious leaders had little accurate knowledge and understanding of the Mosaic Law, so likewise does Mr Joel Osteen have little real knowledge and understanding of the Bible. Hence, he preaches a "prosperity gospel", whereby he never condemns anyone or anything, in which sin is never mentioned except just casually, but never specifically.

This is in contrast to Jesus, who brought forth specifc truths, especially concerning the "kingdom", a heavenly government that was created (Dan 2:45) for the sole purpose of bringing this earth to a paradise with "meek" ones living on it forever, as our Creator, Jehovah God purposed. Jesus said: " Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."(Matt 5:5, KJV)

April 10, 2013 at 7:37 pm |
  6. As Joel says...

"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful att i tude is going to determine how you're going to live your life."

April 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
    • Larry

And you can do that perfectly well while still not believing in any gods.

April 11, 2013 at 12:45 am |
  7. Claire

God is awesome. He created everything into existence with merely the sound of his voice. Pastor Joel Osteen turned the other cheek. God bless him and his family.

April 10, 2013 at 7:19 pm |
    • sam

Yes, he turned the other asscheek so that one could get spanked too. What a guy!

April 10, 2013 at 7:23 pm |
    • Larry

How did God do that, Claire? Have you thought about it, or have you just accepted this claim at face value, without any evidence to support it?

April 11, 2013 at 12:47 am |
    • sam stone

just by the sound of his voice?

put the bong down, claire

April 11, 2013 at 2:58 am |
  8. kdpeterson1

Of course he's not going to denounce his faith!!! There is way too much money in the family business. Although, if he did denounce, he'd probably make more money with the growing secular movement.

April 10, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
  9. Salero21

Well, well; Who could have tell, ABC just reported on the guy who did! He sounded kind of gay in the intonation and the inflection of his delicate voice. Complained about Osteen's so called Prosperity Gospel, but admitted to admire Osteen as a Preacher. I would not be surprise if he is an atheist. But if not then I'll apologize to atheists. Which won't do any good anyways, because atheists will still remain Stupid!

April 10, 2013 at 6:57 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

Not all Atheist are stupid, just the Westburo Baptist types of Atheist. 🙂

April 10, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • Science

Hey Salero21 and Vic read you were looking for this !................ Now the question is can you read ?

Atheist Prof. Peter Higgs: Stop calling Higgs boson the ‘God particle’

Professor Peter Higgs said recently that there is no God and so people should stop referring to the theoretical partial that
      bears his name as the “God particle.”

April 10, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • Salero21

Nice try fake Salero, Fatso loser babboon.

Mark From Middle River when I want your opinion I'll ask your butt. Do you have the ho.mo butt flu yet?

April 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • Salero21

I can tell who is gay just by listening to their voices, you know. I see you ho.mos, hiding everywhere in plain sight bothering the good folks with your brutish atheist ways.

April 10, 2013 at 7:15 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

Salero, you will get my opinion. Sorry, that is how free speech works.

Also, I have many friends who are Gay and also Gay and Christian. If you want to say that I am LGBT, that is ok with me. 🙂

April 10, 2013 at 7:50 pm |
  10. RWH

Whether he confirms or denies is irrelevant. He is the Harold Hill of the 21st century.Without a "note" being played, he has amassed a fortune.

April 10, 2013 at 6:46 pm |
  11. Steve Wainscott

This weasel preaches just a few miles from my house. I watch bewildered at my TV thinking why intelligent people would waste a Sunday morning listening to this guy's bad jokes. His so-called sermons are nothing more than a pep-rally that gives everyone in attendance a warm-fuzzy feeling. It's the same old tired rehashed message of..."if life hands you lemons, make lemonade" sermon. These people hold up their bibles and in unison say "I am what it says I am, I do what it says I should do..." Crazy!

April 10, 2013 at 6:39 pm |
    • lol??

European educated flock. The Monroe Doctrine wasn't gud enuff for the pwogwessives.

April 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm |
  12. BobA

Joel sounds like he is delivering a good message, however, if you listen closely and see through all the theatrics, he never does say the name of Jesus. The entire gospel is and should be in the name of Jesus!!!

April 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
  13. Marc

Even if he became atheist he wouldnt tell anyone. He would keep right on preaching and collecting his money.

April 10, 2013 at 6:20 pm |
  14. Annabelle

Dearest Joel, I believe you. You are God's messenger. I want your wife to have more fancy clothes so I will be sending you my disability check. I will suffer because God wants me to.

April 10, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

April 15th is coming up and the Obama's and all the other government politicians will be taking a bigger slice of your check...

... You do not have to even make the choice if or not to send it to them.

April 10, 2013 at 6:28 pm |
    • the real Tom

What does income tax have to do with disability checks?

Here's a news flash for you: our taxes are not even close to being as high as taxes in many other countries–I believe we rank 17th.

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.

April 10, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • sam

Mark, if you have such a hard on for Obama these days, go find some nutty political blog to wank to. Maybe they will understand your mutterings.

April 10, 2013 at 6:48 pm |
    • the real Tom

Maybe Mark should try impersonating Lycidas again. That was pretty entertaining.

April 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

TomTom. I was hoping to draw you out of your hole. Hope you are well today.

TomTom, us in the working class pay taxes and for most of us that is us sending our money to the Government with the hopes that they will do good with our money. Both parties are taking more and more out of our checks, paycheck, SSI checks and the Lot and what we get are Obama playing Golf and both Parties soaking up our money.

I agree Taxes are a part of individual life but even we can agree that there are some en devours that our tax money is being put to that make no sense.

Sam, we should not give our elected officials a pass, part of their lives should be to always have their feet put to the fire. Same as with those behind the pulpit. I threw in Obama because some worry more about what others are doing with their money than with what our elected officials do.

If a person wants to send their check to Osteen that is their choice. The same as if they use it to get hammered on Whiskey, buy a minivan full of Girl Scout Cookies or purchase a “lady of the night”.

But taxes …. we do not have a choice.

TomTom..... that was a love tap you gave me …..are you going soft on me all of a sudden?

April 10, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
    • the real Tom

That post of yours was so badly written it defies belief.

No wonder it's taking you so long to get that associate degree.

How many times did you have to repeat remedial English, Piddler?

Did you ever figure out the origin of Lycidas's name?

How about commas-got the skinny on those yet?

April 10, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
    • the real Tom

April 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • sam

Mark used to make slightly better sense than this. Mark, maybe go get yourself checked out, maybe you have a blockage.

April 10, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

Still “stuttering posting” TomTom? I thought you got better control of your blogging and learned how to make a single post at a time. Instead you are looking like a person who can not get their thoughts organized. Please seek professional help for your condition.

Notice, how you can not put together arguments in your blogs. This was your problem when you were TomTom the Pipers son and I see that in your latest name, this disability has carried over.

Do not worry, I have a few errands to run tonight so I might take a bit to respond. I mean unlike the 1 to 3 minutes you have between your post.

My suggestion TomTom, use your time to get all the words in your head in the right order.

April 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
    • sam

Ah, Mark. That's hilarious, coming from you.

April 10, 2013 at 7:20 pm |
    • the real Tom

"Notice, how you can not put together arguments in your blogs."

I notice you made the same error in comma usage as you did when you were posting as Uncouth Swain the other night. Are you going to tell me that I "was served" again, Piddler?

I wonder if you realize how stupid your posts make you look.

April 10, 2013 at 7:20 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

TomTom, one post ... you are learning. Now the next steps will be easier. trust me. 🙂

Sam, still latched on to TomToms teat?

April 10, 2013 at 7:48 pm |
    • the real Tom

Oh, I know all I need to know. So does anyone else who reads your drivel.

You poor little thing. It's so sad to see you struggling.

April 10, 2013 at 9:32 pm |
    • lol??

Gotta have empathy for people like Tom with their personality disorders, til they start killin', and sometimes with a mob.

April 10, 2013 at 10:51 pm |
    • clarity

You have some nerve talking about anyone having a personality disorder, lol?? Not getting enough attention today? Maybe one of your walls will talk to you if you stare at it long enough.

April 10, 2013 at 11:01 pm |
    • the real Tom

I think lolly needs speech therapy. Of course, no one can legally suggest it, because IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!!

April 10, 2013 at 11:04 pm |
    • lol??

clare, are personality disorders something to be ashamed of and hidden? With HIPAA? God says at the end, nutso will rule.

".Luk 6:11 And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus."

April 10, 2013 at 11:14 pm |
    • lol??

communed, communed, communed?? Oh, Ohhhhhh. Socies.

April 10, 2013 at 11:17 pm |
    • Larry

the real Tom
      "Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society."
      Don't like the amount of taxes you pay? Complain about who gets to loophole their way out of paying a fairer share of taxes, like the big corporations, the super-wealthy, and church organizations who get automatic tax exemption even if only a fraction of their business rightfully qualifies as charity. They pay less and we pay more, that's how it works.

April 11, 2013 at 12:54 am |
  15. Melinda

Dear Joel, I will be sending you my paycheck when I get it on Friday. We will go without food so that you may brighten your white teeth some more.

April 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
  16. Reality

Joel,

Time to enter the 21st century:

Only for the new members of this blog:

The Apostles' Creed 2013: (updated by yours truly and based on the studies of historians and theologians of the past 200 years)

Should I believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
    and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
    human-created, spirit state of bliss called heaven??

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
    preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
    named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
    girl named Mary. (Some say he was a mamzer.)

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
    the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
    a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
    Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
    many semi-fiction writers. A descent into Hell, a bodily resurrection
    and ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
    Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
    grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
    and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
    called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen
    (references used are available upon request)

April 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm |
    • Chef

Wow! Your so intelligent. How do you define faith?

April 10, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
    • BobA

That's why they have never been proven false in over 2000 years. Your little soliloquy is quite laughable at best.

April 10, 2013 at 6:42 pm |
    • Reality

Only for the those interested in a religious update:
      1. origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

“New Torah For Modern Minds

Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions – the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years – have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity – until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine docu-ment. “
      prob•a•bly
      Adverb: Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

2. Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations (or “mythicizing” from P, M, M, L and J) and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Ludemann, Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.

earlychristianwritings.com/

For added "pizzazz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "filicider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedophiliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!

2 b., Luther, Calvin, Joe Smith, Henry VIII, Wesley, Roger Williams, the Great “Babs” et al, founders of Christian-based religions or combination religions also suffered from the belief in/hallucinations of "pretty wingie thingie" visits and "prophecies" for profits analogous to the myths of Catholicism (resurrections, apparitions, ascensions and immacu-late co-nceptions).

Current problems:
      Adulterous preachers, pedophiliac clerics, "propheteering/ profiteering" evangelicals and atonement theology,

3. Mohammed was an illiterate, womanizing, lust and greed-driven, warmongering, hallucinating Arab, who also had embellishing/hallucinating/plagiarizing scribal biographers who not only added "angels" and flying chariots to the koran but also a militaristic agenda to support the plundering and looting of the lands of non-believers.

This agenda continues as shown by the ma-ssacre in Mumbai, the as-sas-sinations of Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh, the conduct of the seven Muslim doctors in the UK, the 9/11 terrorists, the 24/7 Sunni suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the 24/7 Shiite suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the Islamic bombers of the trains in the UK and Spain, the Bali crazies, the Kenya crazies, the Pakistani “koranics”, the Palestine suicide bombers/rocketeers, the Lebanese nutcases, the Taliban nut jobs, the Ft. Hood follower of the koran, and the Filipino “koranics”.

And who funds this muck and stench of terror? The warmongering, Islamic, Shiite terror and torture theocracy of Iran aka the Third Axis of Evil and also the Sunni "Wannabees" of Saudi Arabia.

Current crises:

The Sunni-Shiite blood feud and the warmongering, womanizing (11 wives), hallucinating founder.

4. Hinduism (from an online Hindu site) – "Hinduism cannot be described as an organized religion. It is not founded by any individual. Hinduism is God centered and therefore one can call Hinduism as founded by God, because the answer to the question ‘Who is behind the eternal principles and who makes them work?’ will have to be ‘Cosmic power, Divine power, God’."

The caste/laborer system, reincarnation and cow worship/reverence are problems when saying a fair and rational God founded Hinduism."

Current problems:

The caste system, reincarnation and cow worship/reverence.

5. Buddhism- "Buddhism began in India about 500 years before the birth of Christ. The people living at that time had become disillusioned with certain beliefs of Hinduism including the caste system, which had grown extremely complex. The number of outcasts (those who did not belong to any particular caste) was continuing to grow."

"However, in Buddhism, like so many other religions, fanciful stories arose concerning events in the life of the founder, Siddhartha Gautama (fifth century B.C.):"

Archaeological discoveries have proved, beyond a doubt, his historical character, but apart from the legends we know very little about the circu-mstances of his life. e.g. Buddha by one legend was supposedly talking when he came out of his mother's womb.

Bottom line: There are many good ways of living but be aware of the hallucinations, embellishments, lies, and myths surrounding the founders and foundations of said rules of life.

Then, apply the Five F rule: "First Find the Flaws, then Fix the Foundations". And finally there will be religious peace and religious awareness in the world!!!!!

April 10, 2013 at 11:19 pm |
  17. Todd E

@Quoter
    "I'm going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell."
    – Joel Osteen

Anyone would recognize that as a total cop-out.coming from someone who claims to be a Christian leader.

April 10, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
    • Akira

I don't believe there is a person alive who is qualified to tell another person whether they are going to heaven or hell.
      The problem arises when one attempts to.

April 10, 2013 at 6:05 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

Akira, they are so used to fire and brimstone preachers that ones such as Osteen are hated by the Westburo Baptist/700 club types and rabid Atheist , the same.

April 10, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
    • sam

Mark, are you drunk?

April 10, 2013 at 6:42 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

No, to the mentally handicapped I might appear drunk.

Sam, I hope you can come up with post with more substance that I can pick apart. That was a weak response.

April 10, 2013 at 6:52 pm |
    • the real Tom

No, to the mentally handicapped, you look like a kindred spirit.

April 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • Mark From Middle River

No TomTom, that is just you looking into a mirror.

Sadly, I have always wanted to know which medications you were on ma'am.

April 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
    • sam

It's like Mark is on an entirely different wavelength. Are you typing with one hand while reading Obama fanfic?

April 10, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
    • the real Tom

The Piddler is just upset because he got caught with his drawers down. It happens a lot here. He lies, gets called on it, and tries to "ma'am" his way out of owning up to it.

April 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
    • Larry

Mark From Middle River
      If anything, I'm pragmatic. I'm pretty sure that Christians and Christianity isn't going away entirely any time soon. With that in mind, would much prefer that more preachers teach a message like Osteen's, one without hate, doom and gloom that is the norm in most places here. It would actually disappoint me greatly if he dropped out and left us completely at the tender mercies of the uber-conservatives. If you're looking for a good suspect for this prank, look to the man's Christian critics. They're the ones who really don't seem to like him.

April 11, 2013 at 1:03 am |
  18. mark

Of which you have displayed none.

April 10, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
  19. Mark

I believe in God, signed Joel. Send me all your money.

April 10, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
  20. Melvin

Send your money to Joel. That's all he cares about.

April 10, 2013 at 5:26 pm |