home
RSS
May 11th, 2013

My Take: ‘Gay Christian’ is not an oxymoron

Editor’s note: Justin Lee is the Executive Director of the Gay Christian Network and author of Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate.

By Justin Lee, Special to CNN

(CNN)–In high school, I was a Christian know-it-all.

My nickname was "God boy," and I was known for regularly preaching at my friends about social issues of the day. I dismissed their objections - and accusations of homophobia - as intolerance for my faith.

"I'm just telling you what God's Word says," I'd argue.

Years later I realized my mistake. What my peers most objected to wasn't my beliefs - it was my condescending attitude. I debated and preached when I should have listened. I thought that stating my position loudly and unyieldingly was a sign of strength. In the process, I alienated my friends.

I'm still an evangelical Christian, but one thing is now crystal clear to me. American evangelicals' bad reputation isn't just because of what we believe. It's mostly because of how we behave.

When ESPN commentator Chris Broussard was criticized for saying that openly gay NBA player Jason Collins was “openly rebelling against God,” some evangelicals argued that conservative theological views are no longer tolerated in America.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

But they're missing the point.

Broussard's language didn't just express a religious view about sexual morality; it referred to gay people in ways that were dehumanizing, reducing all gay people's lives to a single sex act. Other outspoken Christians routinely say even worse things, comparing gay people to pedophiles, for example.

No one is immune from criticism in a free country with diverse beliefs. But if Christians feel particularly singled out at times, I'd argue that our perceived lack of empathy for others is largely to blame.

I can often test a Christian's level of empathy by offering a single admission: When I was 18, I realized that I'm gay.

Empathetic Christians are typically intrigued by such a statement, even if they also question how a conservative Southern Baptist could also be openly gay. They want to know about my struggles, how my family and church responded, and whether I ever feel my faith and sexuality are at odds with one another.

I love these questions, because they show that the other person genuinely sees me as a human being.

But far too often, Christians respond not with curiosity and questions but with politics and preaching.

They quote Bible passages at me, make assumptions about my faith, or tell me why they’re opposed to same-sex marriage.

I'm no longer a person to them; I'm a symbol of a culture war. A battlefield. And when I don't want to be treated that way, they assume I'm turning away because I didn't really want to hear the truth.

This kind of behavior is why so many of my LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) friends want nothing to do with the church.

But it's not only them.

In my book, "Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate," I share the story of Cindy, a conservative evangelical mom whose life was thrown into turmoil when her son told her he was gay.

This wasn't a political question for Cindy; it was a personal one. But the dehumanizing rhetoric about gay people she heard from the pulpit made her afraid to talk to anyone at church about her son's sexuality.

Christians are not a monolithic group. I know many empathetic Christians, including many who speak up regularly for their LGBT brothers and sisters.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

The loudest megaphones do not speak for the rest of us, but they are still loud, and legion. To them I say: Gay people are not an issue. We're people. Some of us are Christians, too. And if it disturbs you that I refer to myself as both gay and Christian, I invite you to take the time to get to know me, and read what I write. You don't have to agree, and you might think I’m a sinner, but at least you’ll see me as a human being.

Baptist minister and author Tony Campolo quips that Jesus entreated Christians not to "love the sinner and hate the sin," but to "love the sinner and hate your own sin."

Jesus saved his harshest words for the self-righteously devout and chose the outcasts and sinners as his closest friends.

Perhaps a lesson in Jesus-style humility might do us all some good.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Justin Lee.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Homosexuality • Opinion

soundoff (3,629 Responses)
  1. mama k

HeavenSent wrote recently today about others lying (see last page or two). This was same article (page 4) from yesterday:

======================
    mama k: I'm still trying to figure this one out: "HS: "A dvocates of s ame-s3x m arriage have never been s uccessful at the b allot box when citizens were allow to cast their votes."" Does HS actually think someone prevented people from casting their votes in Maryland, Washington (state), or Maine?
    May 12, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    ======================
    (reply) HeavenSent: Open you eyes mama k and tell me what election day did this occur? Aaaaaaaah, no election, none, nadda.
    May 12, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    ======================
    (reply) The Sad Floppy Life of Cluckles the Boneless Chicken:
    From Wikipedia: "Same-sex marriage in Maine became legal on December 29, 2012. The bill for legalization was approved by voters, 53-47 percent, on November 6, 2012, as Maine, Maryland and Washington became the first U.S. states to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote." Got that date?
    May 12, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    ========================

Thanks to Cluckles for clearing that up. But alas, I'm not sure facts will come to HS anytime soon.

May 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • Science

Chad and doogie too................ mama k.

Peace

May 13, 2013 at 7:31 pm |
    • HeavenSent

mama k, what about the other states that didn't vote them in either? Purest form of history being rewritten by the unbelievers and shoveled out to serve the lost.

May 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm |
    • mama k

HS: "mama k, what about the other states that didn't vote them in either?"

Well that's a different statement, isn't it? That wouldn't be your original: [
      HS: "A dvocates of s ame-s3x m arriage have never been s uccessful at the b allot box when citizens were allow to cast their votes." ]

now would it?

May 13, 2013 at 8:47 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The only truth I can think of mama k, it must have been bad weather closing down the roads in Maine that election year. Either that, or most residents were on vacation.

May 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm |
    • Saraswati

I'm trying to follow HeavenSent's logic here. Are gay voters harder workers who take fewer vacations? Live on better streets?

I think the HS person might be putting us all on. He's sounding a bit like a caricature.

May 13, 2013 at 10:30 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Saraswati, everyone that lives and votes in ME aren't g-ay, but, then again, the bombarding of the g-ay agenda does make it's rounds especially when throwing Jesus' truth under the bus for satan's lies.

May 13, 2013 at 10:53 pm |
    • As he plummets down the cliff, Cluckles ponders the aerodynamic inefficiencies of boneless chickens

Satan's lies have their own bus? I would think that Satan could afford a G6 for them.

May 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm |
    • G to the T

Hey HS – I'm from Maine and voted in favor. Now what slanders were you trying to put on Mainers? I'd be interested to hear what you have to say for yourself...

May 14, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
  2. AMAZING

Im amazed at all the Christian HATE comments based off of SHALLOW ASS-UMPTIONS without researching the cultural context of why the Bible was written. LoLLL The ignorance is amazing.

Critics: 'You are making hate comments just because you hold to a different viewpoint in life.' If Christianity is a bunch of BS, then why are you wasting your own life on this web-site leaving comments? Don't waste your time!

'Think about it', ur waisting your life leaving comments about something you believe is BS. Get a life. If you think leaving hate comments is fun, then it is a true reflection off your mental ignorance and it relects that you truly value hating others.

***CAN'T WE ALL JUST HOLD HANDS AND SING KUMBAIYAH?*** No, we cant do that, it has the term, Lord, in it.

May 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
    • lol??

A&A's do find weird pastimes while they are waiting judgment.

May 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • mama k

Quite simple, "Amazing". Because people will always try to knock down the wall of separation.

May 13, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
    • HeavenSent

What's amazing is how many foolish ears satan whispers his lies in to.

May 13, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
  3. We are evangelicals

E we Embrace all

V we Value life

A we Adore God

N we Nurture you

G we share the Gospels

E we Empathize

L we Love mankind

I we Inspire

C we are Compassionate

A we Appreciate God's creation

L we love Life

S we are all sinners seeking to reconcile with the Savior

May 13, 2013 at 6:56 pm |
    • Athy

May 13, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
    • Hear This

We are evangelicals,

That little ditty sounds like something you got at Middle School Youth Group.

Do your parents know that you are on this site?

May 13, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
    • Evan Gelical, Christian

E we Embrace all, except gays and atheists and agnostics and Hindus and Mormons and Jews and Muslims and, well, just about everyone but us And most of us aren't true Christians anyway, so them too. Basically just me. I embrace me.

V we Value life, except gays and atheists and agnostics and Hindus and Mormons and Jews and Muslims and, well, just about everyone but us And most of us aren't true Christians anyway, so them too. Basically just me. I value me

A we Adore God. The God I say exists, not any other, including all the false versions put forth by phoney Christians who do not understand that God is what I say it is.

N we Nurture you, unless you are gay or atheist or agnostic or Hindu or Mormon or Jewish or Muslim or, well, just about everyone but us And most of us aren't true Christians anyway, so them too. Basically just me. I nurture me, and pass laws against everyone else.

G we share the Gospels. My version, not anyone else's.

E we Empathize, with people who agree with us precisely. We condescend to everyone else.

L we Love mankind, as long as mankind does exactly what we tell them. If not, we lovingly tell them they will be tortured forever. For Jesus loves us so much he runs an Auschwitz for people who don't suck up.

I we Inspire shock at our stupidity and our inability to write a coherent sentence.

C we are Compassionate to Christians who think exactly like us.

A we Appreciate God's creation, because science is just too hard for us.

L we love Life. That's why we want you to die and burn in hell.

S we are all sinners seeking to reconcile with the Savior. Your sin cannot be fixed, so you burn in hell. Mine is always forgiven, no matter how often I repeat my sins and fail to even try to stop doing them.

It makes sense to me.

May 13, 2013 at 7:43 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Athy, you posted "Don't share the gospels with me. If you need to adore a make-believe god, go ahead. Don't try to make the more sane among us to do so as well."

WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY: Don't remind me what sin is and don't tell me that I'm going to fry because I refused to deep six them.

May 13, 2013 at 8:37 pm |
    • The Distressing Inability of Cluckles the Boneless Chicken to Pull the Ripcord

There is no sin, there is no hell, there are only bitter resentful Christians who lust for bad things to happen to people who have other ideas.

May 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Boneless Chicken, telling yourself the lies satan whispered in your ear will never negate Jesus' truth.

May 13, 2013 at 8:55 pm |
  4. mama k

Yes – congrats to Minnesota in the news.

Same-se-x marriage in the U.S.

Done deal: Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington & the District of Columbia.

Who's next?
    Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn called on the Illinois House to send him legislation to legalize gay marriage, saying lawmakers had plenty of time to make up their mind on the issue. The state Senate passed the measure on Valentine's Day, and the governor has said he's ready to sign it.

New Jersey: Gov. Christie doesn't seem to be against gay marriage coming from a ballot measure, but has stated in the past he would veto such a change from legislators. This was his stance before the President changed his views. If Christie reconsiders, NJ could be sooner than expected.

California: It seems gay marriage will be in CA soon one way or the other. This is because polls show a much larger support for gay marriage than when Prop 8 was passed. So even if the upcoming SCOTUS case were to fail, it would likely be put to voters there very soon again.

Hawaii: Already has some good laws on the books evidently, and although things have been put on hold until after 2013, legislators there are attempting to speed up the process.

==========================
    Let's see around the globe:

Done deal: Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Uruguay, & portions of Brazil.

In the works:

France: Has already passed same-se-x marriage bill in both houses; president intends to sign; right-wing party plans to challenge in the Consti tutional Council to try to force a delay on enactment.

Germany: On 22 March 2013 the Bundesrat passed an initiative to open marriage to same-se-x couples, which now moves onto the Bundestag for approval.

Ireland: On 14 April 2013 as part of the Consti tutional Convention a measure voted in favour of same-se-x marriage by a margin of 79 percent.

UK: On 5 February 2013, the House of Commons debated the Marriage (Same Se-x Couples) Bill and approved it in a 400–175 vote at the second reading. (Third reading to be scheduled.)

Finland: 03-19-2013: The citizens' initiative overrides the committee's decision, and thus the bill must now be considered by the Parliament.

Brazil: In November 2012, the Court of Bahia legalized same-se-x marriage in the state of Bahia. In December 2012, the state of São Paulo legalized same-se-x marriage. More Brazilian states are considering measures.

Luxembourg: On 6 February 2013, the Chamber's justice committee agreed to approve the measure opening marriage for same-se-x couples. On 20 February, the committee initially backed the right to simple adoption for same-se-x couples. On 6 March 2013, the committee confirmed that position.

Australia: lower house MP will seek to have his Marriage Equality Amendment Bill brought for an immediate vote in the House on June 6.

Mexico: rulings due this summer.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULdaSrYGLQ&w=640&h=360]

May 13, 2013 at 6:42 pm |
    • lol??

Mama K LUVS da wurld, just like God. Copy feline.

May 13, 2013 at 6:48 pm |
    • Science

See..............MOM AND DAD DID IT !!!

Scientists Identify Why Some Fathers Are Left Holding the Baby

Mar. 12, 2013 — A century old mystery as to why, for some animals, it's the father rather than the mother that takes care of their young has been cracked by researchers at the University of Sheffield.

May 13, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Science

From another thread............

But Sara..................the POLITICIANS...............military and police forces should know the information and understand IT !

May 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Looks like W h o r e d o m Centrals are breaking more and more ground! As if in Life's whoring ways we bring about better social relationships.

May 13, 2013 at 7:09 pm |
    • Truth Prevails :-)

I just have to wonder where all these bigots will go once same sex marriage is legalized in their state. They wouldn't want to risk running in to a gay or lesbian now or perhaps have one as their next door neighbor...it might just be a signal to them that the end is near and then we'll be forced to listen to the same old rapture stories over and over and over again (not unlike their scriptures of course).

May 13, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Truth Prevails, you still don't get His truth. The only thing same s3x marriages does is to bring Jesus back to earth in our lifetime. It's all been written.

May 13, 2013 at 8:40 pm |
    • G to the T

If it's necessary to start the "end times" you gotta wonder why christians are all against it...

May 14, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
  5. 12 down 38 to go...

Congrats to Minnesota on legalizing same se.x marriage.

May 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
    • lol??

Usurpers in charge of marriage??

May 13, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
    • 12 down 38 to go...

Who issues a marriage license? The church or the state?

May 13, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
  6. Honey Hush

HS, you are normally not worth responding too. Count em, 5 billion people that could not care if your jesus ever existed, without jesus there would be nothing (void), really how stupid are you?

May 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Tommy, you always use dummy handles to argue your point. You can't destroy His truth. You can't change His truth into satan's lies. He is the Alpha and Omega. Besides, Revelation 21:8 is a must read for rocks.

May 13, 2013 at 8:47 pm |
  7. Hodor

no, it's true. if you are gay you cannot be a christian. it violates the holy word of god in the bible. the book god wrote with his own spiritual pen. in fact, the only true christians are christians that have never worn garments woven with more than one fabric. that's right. if you've ever worn a nice cotton-polyester blend shirt or banana hammock, guess what, you're in SIN. the bible knows. in fact, most christians aren't really christians. mormons aren't – they worship joe smith and brigham young. catholics aren't – they worship the pope and the virgin mary. not very christian to worship false idols is it? even jesus christ himself was jewish. guess what, that makes him not a christian, and thus a sinner, and thus jesus is in hell. jesus fails his own standard. it is said that he returned from hell, but how could he? he is jewish, and therefore in hell. and since he is seated at the right hand of the father, that means, proven by logic, that god is also in hell, especially since god is not a christian. so if god and jesus are both in hell, then only real christians that get saved are the ones that only ever have worn single FABRIC clothing! maybe god and jesus should have been more christian in their beliefs. but no, they in hell.

May 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm |
    • Bostontola

If sin disqualified a person from Christianity, there would be zero Christians.

May 13, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • Chad

@Bostontola "If sin disqualified a person from Christianity, there would be zero Christians"

=>absolutely correct!

May 13, 2013 at 6:37 pm |
  8. Charles Darwin

I agree. I don't give a fig leaf if you want to believe in talking snakes, but for CRYING OUT LOUD, if it's that good them just keep it to your self and your own and stop preaching at me.
    I don't believe any of this stuff, I won't ever believe any of it, and I'm sick of hearing about it.
    So, in short.....SHUT UP!

May 13, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
    • lol??

Just leave the belief blog, silly.

May 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm |
  9. lionlylamb

Animalisms’ crusaders for the instinctual caring of those lamed by mankind's w h o r e d o m does psychologically imprison many allotments by humanisms’ tyrannical escapades.

Gay pride is but a socialite deviancy to win other’s emancipation and declare to the world that sodomy exists and will not go away on its own merits. For as w h o r e d o m goes, many a sodomite is at their best whenever they exalt and over inflate their inbred socialite egos making the w h o r I n g crowds go wild!

May 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
    • .

Yawn.... LL is the belief blog pseudo intellect, just laugh at their stupidity and move on.

May 13, 2013 at 6:26 pm |
  10. Rob-Texas

Everyone is a sinner. Some confess and some don't. I don't have any issues with your statements. I just wish we didn't need to know your personal affection life. People that like S & M don't feel the need to share or have a parade, or a special day. I understand that LGBT people want equal rights. Civil unions through congress is the way to go on that issue.

May 13, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
    • ..

Ypu are really stupid to equate S & M, which denies no one their rights, and being gay, who routinely are being denied equal rights. Moron.

May 13, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
    • lol??

Double minded dot, your concept of right and wrong has been disabled.

May 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
  11. Moby Schtick

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw&w=640&h=360]

May 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm |
  12. Moby Schtick

May 13, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
  13. Chris

If Gay Christian is not an oxymoron that neither should pro-abortion, adulterous, lying, cheating, stealing, fornicating, pedophile Christian be an oxymoron. You can twist the bible to defend any lifestyle, you just need to cut out the parts which condemns your lifestyle.

May 13, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
    • lol??

Why the socies want the gubmint involved in marriage?? To KILL Dad. They did it. Now you can go back to touchy feely sensual consensus building.

May 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
    • ..

Does the truth hurt, lolbigot? You are in overdrive in the hate department today. In your manic phase? Ready to crash?
      What's a socie? What's a gubmint? A manifestation of your illness?

Dad hasn't been around for years. At least my two dads" stick the fuck AROUND.

May 13, 2013 at 6:32 pm |
    • HeathanMike

Really? If a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ and considers Jesus the son of God, I don't see that "oxymoron" comes into the picture. The Bible arguably condemns same-s3x behavior, depending on your reading of it, but Jesus makes no reference to it anywhere. One can certainly be a student of Christ's teachings and still take issue with the Apostle Paul. Last I checked, Paul was not Jesus, though they do share the common trait of both being dead. had to slip that heathan part in there. : ) I think Jesus was a pretty cool dude with a lot of good stuff to say. I just don't buy the whole Christian fairytale paradigm. but for the many many people who cannot fathom giving up their faith, I say kudos! to Justin Lee for arguing for a more loving, Christ-like interpretation of scripture.

May 13, 2013 at 6:52 pm |
    • HeathanMike

As for the claim that Jesus taught to embrace all the Old Testament law, he said he came to "fulfill" the law, meaning, his personal sacrifice became enough. Again, it's a fairytale to me, but if you're going to shape your life around a primitive written account of the world, at least try to be constructive in which points you choose to emphasize as your guide. The Fact is no one, no matter how arrogant and self-righteously pretentious, can actually adhere to the Bible literally, because it contradicts itself. What would you expect with 60 or more authors. You have to pick and choose. LGBT Haters choose to ignore the whole "don't touch a pigskin–don't wear blended fabrics–better marry your dead brother's widow even if you're already married–etc." parts. Yet strangely, you're fine with emphasizing the mean-est tiny number of scriptural references that you think condemn LGBT people. That is hardly Christ-like. So much for spreading the love of Jesus!

May 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • Pssst

HeathanMike,

Pssst: It's spelled "Heathen" if you mean not into religion. Otherwise, good posts!

May 13, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • LinCA

@Chris

You said, "If Gay Christian is not an oxymoron that neither should pro-abortion, adulterous, lying, cheating, stealing, fornicating, pedophile Christian be an oxymoron."
      Comparing being gay with lying, cheating, stealing, etc. only shows what a complete and utter fucking moron you are. The difference, which makes all the difference is that most of the activities that you compare being gay with are activities. Most are activities that cause harm to others. Being gay is not an activity, nor does it cause harm to anyone.

You said, "You can twist the bible to defend any lifestyle, you just need to cut out the parts which condemns your lifestyle."
      Which is exactly what most christians do. They pick and choose the parts that fit their prejudices and ignore the rest.

May 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm |
  14. Galileo Galileo

If you say you are married and you are living together, that's enough. the rest is just for tax purposes. If you think a simple ceremony means that much, then you have missed most of your life.

May 13, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
    • Abdullah Abdullah

self-centered -ism

May 13, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
    • Tom Tom Club

Bohannon Bohannon

May 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
  15. a.g.

gay christian is the same as saying jewish nazi.

May 13, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

An alogy fail. Can you figure out why?

May 13, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
  16. Mark

There really isn't any excuse for being Christian anymore. The scripture has been translated into a language that you can understand, so you cannot defend the contents ignorantly anymore. A gay Christian is as confused and confusing as:

A black Christian, considering the uncomfortable preachings on slavery and the Curse of Ham.
    A female Christian, considering the treatment in the scriptures of women as subhuman property.
    A democratic Christian (supporting democracy, not the party), considering the totalitarian theology of a lord with absolute law and surveillance of all action and thought.
    A scientific Christian. This is the point which will always receive the most resistance. Since evolution is true Adam and Eve never existed, there has been no Original Sin, and humans are born morally innocent. Then, even if we bend over backwards to suggest that blood sacrifice even works, it is unnecessary for everyone's salvation. Evolution cuts at the foundation of the entire story, and believe in evolution and Christianity simultaneously is an act of doublethink.

If you love Big Brother (call it Jesus, Allah or Yahweh), and if you tell me that 2+2=5 (walking on water, teleporting across the desert, parting the sea), you have renounced your personhood. And you, an unperson, would dare take it from others!

May 13, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
    • lol??

Christian unpersons, prepare for ovenhood!!! Light off in 10 minutes.

May 13, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
    • ..

Your persecution complex is in high gears today also, lolbigot. What's the matter? Won't your inflat-a-date "obey" you?

May 13, 2013 at 6:37 pm |
    • lol??

"...........................And you, an unperson, ......................." Mean anything double empty??

May 13, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
    • HeavenSent

The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Psalms 58:3

Amen.

May 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm |
  17. brianz72

Justin Lee – too bad you were brainwashed beyond repair. Religion is for medieval illiterates. You may think you're trying to "bridge the gap", but all you're doing is lending support to a corrupt politicized mass cult that spreads false hopes at best, and misery at worst, to the entire world.

May 13, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
  18. Post of the Century.

Thank you, The Sad Floppy Life of Cluckles the Boneless Chicken, this is priceless.

Clue to the clueless: Flinging biblical diarrhetoric at people who think the Bible is idiotic and ridiculous, well, it's just not as effective as you think.

May 13, 2013 at 6:08 pm |
  19. ME II

"In high school, I was a Christian know-it-all."

And what exactly has changed?

May 13, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
    • Larry of Nazareth

I thought the same thing.

May 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm |
  20. lol??

How many dufus humanoids actually believe that gubmints are in charge of marriage??

May 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm |
    • lol??

Still . . . can't . . . make . . . sense . . .

May 13, 2013 at 6:09 pm |