home
RSS
June 5th, 2013

A plea from an exhausted Muslim woman

Opinion by Melody Moezzi, Special to CNN

(CNN) - I wasn’t surprised by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's recent statement about a “problem within Islam.”

It's not as though I've never heard anything like it before. I hear it all the time.

Still, his words - in response to a recent attack in London that left a British soldier dead - made me wonder: How might the public have reacted in a different context, had Blair replaced the word “Islam” with “Christianity” or “Judaism”?

I’m guessing not well.

But Muslims are used to having their faith openly denigrated by public officials.

We’re used to people failing to distinguish between “Islam” and “a few Muslims.” And we’re used to being called terrorists despite the fact that the vast majority of terrorist acts on American and European soil have been carried out by non-Muslims.

But being accustomed to abuse doesn’t mean we bruise less. If anything, being beaten repeatedly in the same spot makes each successive blow all the more painful.

I’ve written many reasoned commentaries in defense of Islam, Muslims and Muslim women in particular. This isn’t one.

Today, I’m going to do something different. I’m not going to cite relevant verses from the Quran. I’m not going to quote scholars. I’m not going on the defensive.

Today, I’m tired. So tired that I’m going to do something I’ve never done before. Not because I seek pity or sympathy, but because I think people should understand. Because maybe if they really understood, they’d stop.

Today, I’m going to tell you what it feels like to live with hate and hostility directed at you on a daily basis.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to turn on the news and hear people repeatedly call your faith hateful and violent.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be vilified any time a man named Mohammed commits a crime.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to wait at a subway station next to an advertisement calling you a barbarian.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to find a death threat in your inbox.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to know that the police are infiltrating your places of worship, finding nothing and still targeting you.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told that you can’t be a feminist and that so many of your gentlest brothers are misogynists, criminals or worse.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to see your people being slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands by state-sponsored terrorists, only to be called terrorists themselves for the crimes of a handful among them.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to have your own people call you a heretic when you’re fighting to defend their rights, while others call you a heretic for doing so.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told to go back to your country when you’re in your country.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be asked if you walk 10 spaces behind your husband or if he beats you or if he has other wives.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to have people assume you hate them when you don’t.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be expected to know why a stranger committed a crime because he claims to share your religion.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told that you don’t belong when you know there’s no place you belong more.

It hurts.

Editor's note: Melody Moezzi is a writer, activist, attorney and award-winning author. Her book, "Haldol and Hyacinths: A Bipolar Life," will be published in August.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Melody Moezzi.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Islam • Opinion • Politics

1. joney

Other faiths might talk bad about Islam but they don't go around killing people just because they don't agree with Muslims. By contrast muslims are willing to kill anyone they don't agree with.

September 7, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
  2. joney

Islam is it's own worst enemy

September 7, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
  3. Towel Heads

Towel Heads is what Towel Heads do.

September 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm |
  4. Choir Loft

Islam is the only religion on the planet with 2, count 'em 2, doctrines that support lying and deception.
    ***
    "Believers when in a weakened stage in a non-Muslim country should forgive and be patient with People of the Book when they insult Allah and his prophet by any means. Believers should lie to People of the Book to protect their lives and their religion.
    – Ibn Taymiyah "THE SWORD ON THE NECK OF THE ACCUSER OF MUHAMMAD"

Anyone who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters unbelief, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith – but such as open their breast to unbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful penalty.
    – Qur'an Surah 16:106

"Know this that lying is not sin by itself, but if it brings harm to you it could be ugly. However, you can lie if that will keep you from evil or if it will result in prosperity."
    – Imam Al-Ghazali (Muslim theologian and philosopher)

"The principle of sanctioning lying for the cause of Islam bears grave implications in matters relating to the spread of the religion of Islam in the West. Muslim activists employ deceptive tactics in their attempts to polish Islam's image and make it more attractive to prospective converts."
    – Abdullan Al-Araby (Muslim theologian, philosopher and leader)

2 doctrines of religious deception:
    taqiyya – (concealment) A muslim may lie about what they believe, denying aspects of their faith that are offensive [to others]. [Qur'an 16:106]
    Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Robert Spencer

kitman – (mental reservation, the telling of partial truth with intention to deceive or mislead)
    "the scholars agreed that if a person is forced into disbelief, it is permissible for him to either go along with them in the interests of self-preservation, or to refuse." – Ibn Kathir
    Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Robert Spencer
    ***
    Consider Muslim lies when you consider how to react.
    and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

August 29, 2013 at 11:46 am |
  5. Pravda

Poor Muslims, always the victim, never the terror bombing, infidel beheading, woman beating maniacs...

August 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm |
    • Whatever

There are Americans who are murderers, does that mean all Americans are murderers?

September 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm |
  6. Buildpeterson

I do respect your opinion, albeit actions speak loader then your words. Very few Christians or jews for that matter; if any, have killed, maimed or murdered as many people as Muslims, period. That is a fact. Islam was founded as a religion of violence and it remains a religion of violence. Are are Muslims violent? No and I would expect the percentage that are to be a pretty small percentage of the whole, however the fact remains. The Islamist culture is by and large a culture of repression and violence and no amount of talk can or will change that.

August 28, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
    • peaceman4peace

The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by
      the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book “Islam at the cross road” (Page 8):
      “History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping
      through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races
      is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated.”

the Muslims ruled Arabia
      for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians
      i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would
      not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.

Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world.
      The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, “Which Muslim
      army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?”

An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of
      the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century
      from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At
      the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased
      only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted
      millions of people to Islam? So please clear your misconception about Muslims.

August 30, 2013 at 3:23 am |
      • RealityMan

Islam was spread through Mafia-style Dhimmitude extortion on all Christians and Hindus. Let's return the favor by inflicting extortion on all Muslims in the West.
        There are now at least 70 burnt down Coptic Churches caused by Fanatical Muslims in the past month. Should we return the favor?
        Islam is growing faster not because it is the better religion but because Muslim families are birthing more children, plain and simple.
        So please clear your misconception about Muslims.

August 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm |
    • ayra

you should check yourself before you make stupid comments. ever heard of the crusades?

September 12, 2013 at 8:36 pm |
      • barry

define christian, alqeada

September 12, 2013 at 8:49 pm |
  7. Susan

Simply put: Then move to where you are comfortable. Go back to your homeland. I am happily in mine

August 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
    • KATIE

She is in her homeland, she's from Chicago! Your exactly the type pf person she's talking about! It's terribly sad that this Iranian-American woman has to be subjected to such percussion in her own back yard!

August 28, 2013 at 9:42 pm |
  8. Pentheus

Here's a quick reference chart on Christianity and Islam: http://goo.gl/jiuvM

If you'd like to hear about a devout Muslim who examined the claims of Jesus and found them to be true, do some research on Dr. Nabeel Qureshi. You can find a seminar which he taught called "The Gospel Truth about Jesus" here: http://goo.gl/CtFVB9

And if anyone thinks that Islam is a religion of peace, look no further than http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

August 22, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  9. Beauty

You are a pig

August 19, 2013 at 11:59 am |
  10. Beauty

Why don't you shoot yourself

August 19, 2013 at 11:58 am |
  11. Beauty

Islam has no place in this country. Bunch of sadistic murderers. She can leave anytime.

August 19, 2013 at 11:57 am |
    • Richard Cranium

Looking at the history of christianity, the same could be said for it. All people are not bad, all religions are because they cause people to do bad.

August 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
      • Beauty

Christians did not kill 2,000 people in the World Trade Center. History has no place here and now. They do not belong anywhere in this world. Fanatic murders. Go crawl back under you rock and go to sleep

August 20, 2013 at 4:02 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

No beauty, christians did not kill 2000 pepeople on 9/11. But they did kill countless millions in the crusades, the inquisition, the holocaust, and on and on and on.

Perhaps if christians had been a little nicer to the muslims, they would have so many that want to kill you back.

August 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm |
      • Beauty

What the hell do the Crusades have to do with what is happening now. Really you are just to stupid to post. Why don't you go to Syria and fight with them. You are certainly no American

August 20, 2013 at 4:15 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

Just pointing out that your original post could have muslim removed and christian put in its place without changing the meaning of the post.
          If you do not see what the history of your religion has to do with it today, you are truly a sad individual.
          What you said about muslims, can be equally said of christians. That is my point.

August 20, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

By the way, an American veteran and patriot.

August 20, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
        • Beauty

Muslims are a blight on the world. You are no patriot. Go fight with them since you are so sympathetic. We won't moss you ever. You are also what is wrong with this country

August 20, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
        • Beauty

You seem very uneducated. Just get in your pick-up truck and drive back to your swamp land

August 20, 2013 at 4:50 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

Whether or not you think I am an American patriot or not is moot. I am. Your opinion is insignificant.

You opinion about islam and muslims is the same as many in the world feel about christians.
          Getting upset at me for pointing out that fact is ridiculous. Telling me I sympathize with muslims is incorrect, presumption, and ridiculous.
          I have far more education than you, and have never owned a pickup truck. Seriously the ad hominem shows your lack of civility, and education, just what one expects from a christian.
          I have done my share of fighting, done with it.

August 20, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
      • Beauty

You are a Muslim sympathizer. You are not a patriot. If my opinion means nothing , why reply period. You are hostile and extremely misinformed about all religions. You obviously have no brains or soul. I am sure you spend all your time alone posting crap. Christians rule the world. Deal with it. Go get some education or go shoot something,whatever makes a loser like you happy. You are a disgrace to this country

August 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

Beauty
          It is people like you who are the problem. You think your beliefs are superior, you think christians rule the world and can do no wrong. You are so wrong about so many things. You really need to learn a lot about the world. Try traveling the world preaching your god spell. You will learn a lot if you survive.
          I am not a muslim sympathizer. I dislike any religions, because all of them are false, and all teach others how to hate. You don't have any idea what a patriot is. You attack me for simply pointing out that many in the world feel the same about christians as you do about muslims, but you haven't learned that your way leaves the world blind and toothless.

August 21, 2013 at 7:55 am |
        • LaLa

Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. I find this beauty to be ugly. And don't accuse anyone of not being educated when you can't even spell correctly.

September 2, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
      • Beauty

You are just beyond pathetic. Nobody gives a crap what you think. You are just a depressed, toothless, blind hater. You are no patriot. My guess is dishonorable discharge. Christians rule. Deal with it. You don't want religion, we don't want you..Go crawl back to your swamp you soulless POS. You are no patriot.

August 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
        • CR Smith

America was founded on the concept of religious freedom, Beauty. Your rampant religious bigotry makes you the un-American one. However, although I disagree with your words, I would never take away your right to say them nor would I interfere with your right to worship as you please. Freedom is meaningless if it applied to one group and not another.

If all are not free then none are free.

August 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
        • JHL

Beauty, I feel sorry for you. ...naive you are. Shame...

August 22, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
        • KATIE

Beauty-ignorence is bliss. Go be happy and clueless elsewhere and stop trolling! Richard thank you for your service.

August 28, 2013 at 9:48 pm |
        • Sandra

Beauty you are clearly the uneducated one here. As everyone else here shall agree I feel sorry for you.

August 29, 2013 at 11:55 pm |
  12. Shootmyownfood

Oh, you of little knowledge. Why do you think that all people of the Muslim faith are of Arabic descent? Could it be lack of education? There are members of the Muslim faith from all groups of people, of all colors and in all nations. To think that you can decide someone's religion based on their physical appearance is the epitomy of ignorance. FYI – the writer of this article is an American citizen.

August 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
    • Same Goes To You

Wow. I would have thought that someone so eager to call someone dumb would have at least done a quick google search before making themselves look so silly. Not all muslims are Arabic. The largest muslim population is in Indonesia, where there are very few arabs. India also has a very large muslim population. To answer your question about white muslims, they are much more common than you think. Albania is a majority muslim nation that is almost exclusively white. Bosnia also has a large muslim popation, as do Russia and Bulgaria. Spain was also a muslim nation before the Reconquista. As for Asian muslims, do I need to say again that the largest muslim nation is Indonesia? And there have been muslims in China since the Middle Ages. Beijing today is littered with muslim restaurants. As far as muslim eskimos, I have to admit that you are right, I have never seen a muslim eskimo. But then again, I have never seen an eskimo period, so that really means nothing. Please, check yourself before you spread your fourth-grade ignorance in the most arrogant way.

August 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
    • Same Goes To You

Criticizing the west while living in the west does not make you a hypocrite. It actually makes one more qualified to speak about the west. Sad this had to be pointed out to you.

By the way, does the same go for Catholics? Should a real Catholic move to a country that is majority Catholic? You too are an idiot.

August 16, 2013 at 4:04 pm |
  13. Pravda

If Muslims want respect, then their supporters must stop bombing people and spreading their hate through their training material that is shipped to Muslim schools all over the world. Until then, get used to it.

August 10, 2013 at 11:33 pm |
    • peaceman4peace

Remember one thing that Islam never ever allows suicide bombing. look if people do cruel things, thats down to an individuals so you cant condemn or blame an entire race or nation for that cruel act, Islam is totally against this barbaric act and it is against the teaching of ISLAM. Muslims never become extremist or narrow minded if they follow their religion properly. And if you see some Muslims indulged in wrongful activities then I would say that they are Muslims by birth and not properly following the Command of ALLAH (God). And when people see such type of by named Muslims, then it leaves a very bad impact on Islam because they are not practicing properly what our religion taught us and the only reason is that there is a gap between them and the religion. And for your kind information it is not a one sided thing, please tell me who started the first world war? Muslims??? who started the second world war? Muslims??? Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia? Muslims??? Who dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Muslims??? Who Killed millions of Indians in North and South America? Muslims??? Who took millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and had thrown in Atlantic ocean? Muslims??? Who killed more than 5 millions of jews? Muslims??? what about the Drone attacks in tribal areas of Pakistan killing thousands of innocent children and women, What about the killing of thousands of innocent children and women in Palestine. What about the killing of millions of innocent Muslims in Kashmir. Is this what you called justice? So please tell me honestly who deserve the hate??????????????

August 11, 2013 at 11:32 am |
      • Joe B

Sounds like the thinking and logic of an up and coming terrorist !!!!

August 12, 2013 at 10:14 pm |
        • peaceman4peace

The moment a robber sees a policeman he is terrified. A policeman is a terrorist
          for the robber. Similarly every Muslim should be a terrorist for the antisocial
          elements of society, such as thieves, dacoits and rapists. Whenever such an
          anti-social element sees a Muslim, he should be terrified. It is true that the word
          ‘terrorist’ is generally used for a person who causes terror among the common
          people. But a true Muslim should only be a terrorist to selective people i.e. antisocial
          elements, and not to the common innocent people. In fact a Muslim
          should be a source of peace for innocent people.

August 13, 2013 at 2:22 pm |
      • Owen Bradley

What I see of Islam is hate and violence. Does it not say in your Koran that infidels are not worthy and should not live.
        Look at the home lands of Islamic people, and what do you see. Hatred violence and death. Many Christians are no better.
        Religion is only a cult, in which to control, Islam deems it nessessary to control by fear, intimitation and violence. Look at many islamic countries, if you insult them or do not agree with them, they call for your death. Religion to me is about love tolerence and forgiveness, and I see islam as, do what I say and agree with what I tell you or risk death and destruction. Why are Islamic people so angry?

August 19, 2013 at 10:51 am |
        • peaceman4peace

Thanks Bradley for your comment. Actually i want to share so many things here to clear the misconception that people have about ISLAM, but unfortunately the censorship wont allow because i have tried to post my comments, which did not appear.

August 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm |
        • Richard Cranium

PM4P
          There is no one that is monitoring for content, but there is an automatic filter for "bad" words. words like const!tution will not post becasue it has a T!T in it.
          H0m0$exual will not post becasue of the h0m0 and the word $ex. Either learn to modify the "bad" words or learn to defeat the editor.
          There are some who have lists of words to avoid or modify as I have done above

August 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm |
        • peaceman4peace

well Richard, I did not write any uncompromising word that needs censorship.

August 25, 2013 at 2:44 am |
    • Moonshadow1

Perhaps they should join the Westboro Baptist Church or the KKK – two overtly Christian organizations.

August 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
  14. ph

Islam needs to exterminated lest it fester and propagate its social ills.
    It has nothing to do with extremism alone. It is their mission statement.

Quran (9:29) – "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." "People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews. According to this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole justification being their religious status. This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years. Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths.

August 8, 2013 at 10:22 am |
    • Shootmyownfood

I feel the same about all organized religions – Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism. Organized religion of any type is for those who do not wish to think for themselves. Misogyny runs rampant through all religions of the People of the Book – that would be Islam, Christianity and Judaism. The Hindus have their own problems, as do the Buddhists.

August 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
  15. COLDP

Perhaps when the Muslim community actively engages in preventing terrorist attacks, then I'll have sympathy. All I've seen from the Muslim community is "we don't condone the violence, but America's policies towards Muslim nations is to blame." First step: recognize that you have a problem.

August 5, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
    • Hydroman

You hit the nail on the head! The silence of the "GOOD Muslims" is deafening. You don't care if you kill Westerners or fellow Muslims as long as you kill. Look at Iraq and Syria and then defend your "peaceful faith".

August 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
  16. Just a Joe Shmoe

You said, "Today, I’m going to do something different. I’m not going to cite relevant verses from the Quran." These verses of which you speak are the Meccan verses which were subsequently abrogated by the ranting terror-propagating Medina verses. Truth does hurts, unfortunately.

August 4, 2013 at 10:53 am |
  17. CR Smith

Muslims are human beings who follow the religion of Islam. They are individuals. They may be good; they may be bad. They are people who, like any other person, have many facets to their personality; they are not solely defined by their religion. And as unique individuals, they deserve to be judged individually for who they are and not by anything else.

And for those people who have posted comments recounting their own experiences with prejudice and then called this woman a whiner: Shame on you. Those who have experienced prejudice should be sympathetic when they see someone else suffering the same.

August 2, 2013 at 11:36 am |
    • DoubleRocker

There is no like button so...'Like'

August 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
    • Shootmyownfood

Make that two "likes.'

August 13, 2013 at 3:26 pm |
    • Beauty

OH Cry Me A River. Boo Hoo

August 20, 2013 at 4:23 pm |
  18. CR Smith

I am astonished at the ignorance, hostility, and lack of sympathy displayed in many of these comments. People are confusing Muslims, Muslim extremists, and Muslim nations. Muslim nations, some of which do have many aspects that Westerners find alarming, are theocracies. Generally speaking, theocracies are oppressive because the leaders are not only being corrupted by secular power, they are corrupted by the belief that everything they do is the will of a higher power. Human nature being what it is, the combination of power and lack of personal responsibility brings bad results. Perhaps we can recall the Inquisition? Muslim extremists are criminals who use their religion as an excuse for their crimes. There is a saying that the devil can quote scripture for his own purposes. The words of any religion can be twisted to justify atrocity. Again, this is not specific to Islam; this is the dark side of human nature. Muslims are human beings who

August 2, 2013 at 11:21 am |
  19. lurch956

"I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be required to apologize for something you didn’t do."
    That struck a chord. I'm a southern American white male, honey. Boo-Hoo. Get off the cross, honey......ooops, that doesn't apply here does it?

August 1, 2013 at 8:20 am |
  20. peaceman4peace

one answer for all your questions... MISCONCEPTION due to media, newspapers, what they prepared for you is not the actual picture of ISLAM. Please do visit my website http://www.inthequestoftruth.webs.com and read the article Woman in Islam and you will get the fact. But yes on the other hand if a muslim or muslimah not following properly what our religion taught us then it is his/her fault, ISLAM NOT TO BE BLAMED.

July 28, 2013 at 2:52 am |
    • GOD

Yes its me........I am tired of all the bickering......PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!!!! THERE IS NO MAGICAL MAN IN THE SKY!!!! THIS APLLIES TO MUSLIMS, JEWS, CHRISTIANS ETC....MOST OF YOU ARE WELL EDUCATED AND SHOULD GET IT BY NOW......REALLLY!!!!!!
      P.S. THERE IS NO SANTA EITHER........JUST SAYING

August 8, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
      • peaceman4peace

Mr. G Suppose you find a watch in the middle of a desert. What would you conclude? Would you think that someone dropped this watch? Or would you suppose that the watch came by itself? Of course no sane person would say that the watch just happened to emerge from the sand. All the intricate working parts could not simply develop from the metals that lay buried in the earth. The watch must have a manufacturer. If a watch tells accurate time we expect the manufacturer must be intelligent. Blind chance cannot produce a working watch.

But what else tells accurate time? Consider the sunrise and sunset. Their timings are so strictly regulated that scientists can publish in advance the sunrise and sunset times in your daily newspapers. But who regulates the timings of sunrise and sunset? If a watch cannot work without an intelligent maker, how can the sun appear to rise and set with such clockwork regularity? Could this occur by itself?

Consider also that we benefit from the sun only because it remains at a safe distance from the earth, a distance that averages 93 million miles. If it got much closer, the earth would burn up. And if it got too far away, the earth would turn into an icy planet making human life here impossible. Who decided in advance that this was the right distance? Could it just happen by chance? Without the sun, plants would not grow. Then animals and humans would starve. Did the sun just decide to be there for us?

August 9, 2013 at 3:15 am |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Who put the putter there? Who created the creator? Who moved the prime mover?

August 9, 2013 at 3:19 am |
        • peaceman4peace

Logically speaking, look if someone get sick and goes to a doctor and the doctor says that you are infected by virus, so the patient cant see a virus but he/she believes in him and takes precautionary measures prescribed by a doctor. And if doctor warns some one that you are not going to eat this and that otherwise your condition might get worse because that thing would not be good for the patient. So the patient believes it and acts accordingly. So if patient ignores the doctor and do whatever he/she wants then what do you think? Those patients will get well soon or their condition would get worse? Same like this all the Prophets (Peace be upon them all) came to cure our inner (Soul) diseases and told us that there is GOD, there is Heaven and Hell, there is a day of judgment, there is another perpetual life after we die, the life which will never ends and all the human beings (Past, Present and will come in future) created for a test because being privileged by God all those Prophets knew all these things but we dont. And please telme one thing that what came before 1? hope you understand.

August 9, 2013 at 6:29 am |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Gibberish.

August 9, 2013 at 12:20 pm |
        • peaceman4peace

well thanks for your kind reply, I think its better to leave this matter on the day of judgement. take care

August 10, 2013 at 2:29 am |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Considering what you wrote, I believe it was as kind and concise as I could manage. You take care also and hopefully you will someday learn to critically analyze Islam (or any other religion) and realize that it's all hogwash invented to suppress Bronze Age goat herders.

August 10, 2013 at 2:35 am |
        • peaceman4peace

when ever you get free and relax too then do visit my website http://www.inthequestoftruth.webs.com and then do analysis before its too late. take care

August 10, 2013 at 10:06 am |
        • Richard Cranium

pm4p
          You make many false analogies. Doctors can see viruses, the planets and movement of the sun are not regulated, you have no concept of what time actually is ( clue...it is only linear to the observer).

Go ahead and believe in things there is no evidence for if you wish, but you should get some better rhetoric, yours falls flat.

August 10, 2013 at 10:37 am |
        • peaceman4peace

actually you didnt get my comment, i didnt say that doctor can not see viruses but what i mentioned is, patients believes in doctor because doctors are privileged and knows about the virus, same like this we Muslim believes iin all Prophets (from Adam to Mohammad Peace Be Upon Them) they knew all about that was revealed to them by ALLAH (God) because they were privileged. Hope you understand.

August 11, 2013 at 2:30 am |
        • peaceman4peace

And yes please read Quran and get the TRUTH. I am sure you will find many evidences in it. Please do visit my website http://www.inthequestoftruth.webs.com, Hope you will get all what you are looking for. take care

August 11, 2013 at 2:39 am |
        • Venthan

>Who decided in advance that this was the right distance?

God tossed several other planets before he came up with our Earth. Not a smart GOD.

August 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm |