home
RSS
June 5th, 2013

A plea from an exhausted Muslim woman

Opinion by Melody Moezzi, Special to CNN

(CNN) - I wasn’t surprised by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's recent statement about a “problem within Islam.”

It's not as though I've never heard anything like it before. I hear it all the time.

Still, his words - in response to a recent attack in London that left a British soldier dead - made me wonder: How might the public have reacted in a different context, had Blair replaced the word “Islam” with “Christianity” or “Judaism”?

I’m guessing not well.

But Muslims are used to having their faith openly denigrated by public officials.

We’re used to people failing to distinguish between “Islam” and “a few Muslims.” And we’re used to being called terrorists despite the fact that the vast majority of terrorist acts on American and European soil have been carried out by non-Muslims.

But being accustomed to abuse doesn’t mean we bruise less. If anything, being beaten repeatedly in the same spot makes each successive blow all the more painful.

I’ve written many reasoned commentaries in defense of Islam, Muslims and Muslim women in particular. This isn’t one.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be vilified any time a man named Mohammed commits a crime.

I’m going to tell you what it feels like to find a death threat in your inbox.

It hurts.

Editor's note: Melody Moezzi is a writer, activist, attorney and award-winning author. Her book, "Haldol and Hyacinths: A Bipolar Life," will be published in August.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Melody Moezzi.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Islam • Opinion • Politics

1. Reality

More on the treatment of females in Islam:

Islam’s widespread practice of amputating the cli-to-ris and sometimes part or even all of the vul-va from the ge-n-ita-lia of Muslim women, affirmed in a had-ith by Mohammed himself, most likely also traces back to the founder’s deliberate abuse of se-x to lure pagan males into his cu-lt. The more the male s-ex drive is purposefully aro-used, the more the female s-ex urge may have to be proportionately suppressed, lest org-iastic he-ll begin to spread.

Consider then what frequently happens when even a modestly clothed young Western woman walks alone in broad daylight down a street in, for example, a non-Westernized area of a city in Pakistan. Muslim men around her can see her face, hair and neck—maybe even her ankles. Some of them perceive that much exposure as intent on her part to a-rouse them. The fact that she is not accompanied by a male relative confirms their susp-icions. Knowing that she, a Western woman, has not been subjected to that cruel amputation which Islam forces upon millions of Muslim women, some males may even imagine that she must feel s-exual desire for them.

They tend also to perceive themselves as not responsible to exercise decent social restraint. Rather she is responsible not to tempt them! Whatever lewd thing Muslim men around her say, do or feel as a result is regarded as her fault alone. . . .
    During a major upheaval in Indonesia in the late 1990s, s-ex-crazed Muslim men gang-ra-ped dozens of Chinese women in shops, homes and even in the streets, shouting in Arabic, “Allahu Akbar!” (God is great!)*

*http://www.colorq.org/humanrights/Indonesia/Jakarta.htm

June 11, 2013 at 10:13 am |
    • wjshelton

You are one sick dude. Do you believe everything you read on the internet or are you just making this up as you go?

By the way, I checked out your link. It didn't check out... So you really did make this up, didn't you?

June 12, 2013 at 7:44 am |
    • davidtuck

I don't believe the hadith actually calls for this.

June 12, 2013 at 10:23 am |
    • Reality

Oops, it appears that the referenced site was changed. Go to http://www.colorq.org/humanrights/default.aspx and check the incidents in Indonesia.

June 12, 2013 at 11:30 pm |
    • Reality

Regarding the genitalia mutilation in Islamic countries,

see http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/ and

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Female_Genital_Mutilation and

June 12, 2013 at 11:47 pm |
  2. GOOD NEWS

GOD is absolutely Real.
    HE is the one and only GOD of all Jews, Christians, Arabs, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, and all Others.

UNIVERSAL MAGNIFICENT MIRACLES

June 11, 2013 at 5:16 am |
  3. Scotty

The author may not be hatefull and violent, but the religion she follows is. A blind man could see that with a cane.

Islam really isn't a religion anyway – it is a political ideology of violent conquest. It is at war with the west – with civilization – and has been since it was created 1400 years ago by a murderous pedophile.

The folly is that we refuse to recognize Islam for what it is – a death cult married to a crime syndicate. Absolute evil.

June 11, 2013 at 3:34 am |
  4. uschristian

Jesus never killed anyone, fallow his example in love

June 10, 2013 at 8:59 pm |
    • Kilgore Trout

But aren't the Holy Trinity one spirit? God (and therefore Jesus – the same) ordered countless killings in the Bible.

June 10, 2013 at 10:08 pm |
    • uschristian

without getting into theological realms, yes, The Holy Trinity, God, The Holy Spirit, and Christ one in the same. however God, The Holy Spirit are beyond flesh, humanities comprehension, we are not to act as God or the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is God, The Holy Spirit represented in flesh, and we are to live as best we can as Jesus as the example, of God in flesh. God, The Holy Spirit, in flesh and blood, as a man never killed anyone

June 11, 2013 at 8:17 pm |
  5. uschristian

June 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm |
  6. uschristian

look at cnn home page, two boys beheaded by taliban, yahoo home page 15 year old boy executed by Islamist rebels in syria for insulting Mohommad,

June 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm |
  7. Rundvelt

> Today, I’m going to do something different. I’m not going to cite relevant verses from the Quran. I’m not going to quote scholars. I’m not going on the defensive.

Because your faith isn't defensible. It's a set of beliefs.

> Today, I’m tired. So tired that I’m going to do something I’ve never done before. Not because I seek pity or sympathy, but because I think people should understand. Because maybe if they really understood, they’d stop.

No, understanding that someone is hurt because they hold stupid and ridiculous ideas isn't a reason not to criticize stupid and ridiculous ideas. The person's hurt is directly tied to the intellectual points they hold.

> Today, I’m going to tell you what it feels like to live with hate and hostility directed at you on a daily basis.

Drama queen. I'm sure you're going to tell me that seeing a news story has shaken you to your core.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to turn on the news and hear people repeatedly call your faith hateful and violent.

Well howdy. Stop stating your opinion people. Because your opinion hurts my feelings!

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be vilified any time a man named Mohammed commits a crime.

I'm sorry religion plays a role in the culture that encourages people to massacre others. Are you to suggest that I should view you in the same light as the amish? Get real princess.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to wait at a subway station next to an advertisement calling you a barbarian.

Well, some of your people are. If you don't like being labeled as such, you can adopt a different set of values. Perhaps ones that you intellectually arrive at rather then are told to have.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to find a death threat in your inbox.

WAAAAH. Welcome to the internet. If you don't like being exposed to items like that, get the f out. Who hasn't gotten a death threat sometimes when posting.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to know that the police are infiltrating your places of worship, finding nothing and still targeting you.

Do you know why that is? Because the Amish don't typically commit acts of terror. We don't have infinite funds to protect ourselves. So we have to go based on trends. And the trends point to muslims as being terrorists at a higher frequency then quakers. Just like serial killers tend to be white males more then other races. Deal with it.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told that you can’t be a feminist and that so many of your gentlest brothers are misogynists, criminals or worse.

You can't because you hold opposing viewpoints. Either you believe in your faith, which sets women as different or you are a feminist who wants to see women granted equality. They're mutually exclusive positions.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to see your people being slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands by state-sponsored terrorists, only to be called terrorists themselves for the crimes of a handful among them.

So, depending on who the victims are is what determines what a terrorist action is? Perhaps you should stop, think about what you're writing and then post. I mean, this is getting silly.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to have your own people call you a heretic when you’re fighting to defend their rights, while others call you a heretic for doing so.

Because they hold stupid beliefs like you do. One of those stupid beliefs is that their beliefs are sacred and absolutely correct. So even if you're trying to help them, guess what, they still BELIEVE that you're doing them harm. Just like how you believe that your position is a reasonable one.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told to go back to your country when you’re in your country.

Cause you're obviously not from their country. Just like a guy from India who grows up in the US isn't from India.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be asked if you walk 10 spaces behind your husband or if he beats you or if he has other wives.

I'm going to tell you to pick a side. The religion and culture that permits it, or another viewpoint that doesn't. Accept it or don't. There's no sorta maybe I'm in the middle nonsense here sister.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to have people assume you hate them when you don’t.

That's their problem. Why are you associating with morons?

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be expected to know why a stranger committed a crime because he claims to share your religion.

Ok, I'm just going to call you stupid and move on. Because obviously you haven't had a reasonable thought in your head.

But first, I'll explain this to you. In life, there are people who are different and people who are very alike. When a person shares a religion, country or viewpoint, they're generally more like someone then a person who doesn't share those things.

So, because you share a religion, people rightly guess that you may have some additional insight that they do not. Just like I have some insight about the motivations of Christians that you may not have. It's just common sense.

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be required to apologize for something you didn’t do.

Who required you to apologize. Again, why do yo hang out with these bad people?

> I’m going to tell you what it feels like to be told that you don’t belong when you know there’s no place you belong more.

That you THINK you belong to. I think I belong to Mensa. They have a different opinion.

> It hurts.

WAAAAAAH. Something hurts. Everyone should stop what they're doing to alleviate my sense of hurt. Get over yourself puddin' cup.

June 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
    • meifumado

I hope she read s this and it wipes that evil smirk off her face.

June 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm |
    • Tam

She does look awfully smug, doesn't she? She doesn't look tired, she looks like a bitch.

June 10, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
    • R.M. Goodswell

She knows Rundvelt:)

Attorney = she debates and argues for a living.
      Activist= she cant get enough debate or arguing in from her job that she has to go looking for a fight on her free time.

Writer + being a Muslim, Lawyer and Activist = The woman lives, eats and breathes conflict, and probably tough as they come.

June 11, 2013 at 10:46 am |
    • Rundvelt

Yeah, I'm not looking to convince her, because holding a belief in a faith generally means you're able to convince yourself of things being true without actually having a reason.

What I'm looking to do is immunize people from silly arguments like hers, so that they don't get as much traction as they normally would have. Just like how pointing out how Sylvia Browne has been wrong about her psychic readings on TV means maybe less people will be conned by her.

June 11, 2013 at 12:22 pm |
    • light

For Christians please read this:
      If you as a father or mother has to choose one of the below two choices, please tell me which one you will choose:
      1-all your kids are to die.
      Or
      2-You'll be beaten to death.
      Normally and logically all of you will choose the second one.
      Why that choice? Because dying for one time is better than dying every day.
      Those who lost their kids are dying every day to the rest of their life.
      Also Those who are sick with dangerous diseases are dying every day.
      Those who lost their wives or husbands or beloveds are dying every day.
      And too many others are suffering and dying every hour because of the pain of the soul not the body.
      Actually the suffering body is nothing comparing with the suffering soul.
      Actually That concept destroying your faith from the base……………how?
      We can ask for how many hours the Christ suffered? Two hours? three hours? ten hours?
      Actually If he was sick for many years, or if he lost his family or if he lost much of his beloveds and dears or if he passed all these things then we can say that he suffered for the human kind.
      But suffering by beaten for few hours for all the human kind for all the time a little child can not believe it.
      That is why you can find too much atheists in your sociaty because what they found in Christianity is against the logic and the brain.
      If the forgiveness is by beaten, then what a cheap price for forgiveness.

June 11, 2013 at 4:44 pm |
    • light

read this to know how your goverment is involving in killing you.

read this to know how you are living in big lie of freedom .

US is completely under the antichrist control.

CNN is one of his official channels which through he can control the brains and concepts of people.

He planned for the 9/11 attacks and they said Muslims did it, and as usual fool people believe whatever they are saying.

See now how he can play with your brains and eyes using numbers,letters and words to know what is your CNN is:

Take a look on the CNN logo and read it upside and down you will get............. MD.......it means (M)onth and (D)ay.

Read it from left to right you will get.............. 911.

Read it from right to left and be ready for the shoke as you will get...............WTC......... read the T upside down.

June 11, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
  8. John Stemberger

Is it wise to tolerate ignorance?

June 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Well

Ignorance is only cured with knowledge, right? It's not a problem to share knowledge that will never be a problem and I don't think that's what the author is complaining about. I think it's wrong to be a jerk for the sake of your own enjoyment.

June 10, 2013 at 2:20 pm |
    • meifumado

Ignorance can be tolerated at first, But if they are unwilling to learn the actual facts then no.

June 10, 2013 at 4:33 pm |
  9. lazarus00000

Christians or Jews do not go around chopping the heads off of people in public or private. However, The problem with Islam is that westerners do not know about the internal struggles for dominance of Islam. As I understand it, there are the Sunnis (90%) and Shia(10%). As a westerner, who has tried to understand the conflict, I still do not understand which faction are the extremist who want to rule the world through conquest as is dictated by the Koran?
    This radical interpretation of a religion is the cause for the Christians to have killed for 1500 years and the muslims are no different today.
    Lazarus

June 10, 2013 at 11:40 am |
    • meifumado

There are no moderates in religion.

June 10, 2013 at 12:29 pm |
    • John Stemberger

lazarus00000

------
      Do they have a history of slaughtering those that did not believe as they did? Is there a difference in killing?

June 10, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
    • Well

Meifumado stating there are no moderates in religion is a flat out lie.

June 10, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
    • meifumado

@ Well

How so?

Fanaticism comes from where?

If you believe in a religion you are one step away.

June 10, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
  10. Jessica

Legs of Hollywood.

June 10, 2013 at 9:46 am |
    • meifumado

It's a shame she is allowed to push her political agendas.
      Actors are like children but they get paid to pretend for a living.
      They should all keep their mouths shut when not entertaining us.

June 10, 2013 at 10:08 am |
  11. Anna

Is It Wrong to Make Babies Cry For Art?

June 10, 2013 at 8:37 am |
    • meifumado

This is kinda cruel, but the kids will get over it.

I do think it's in poor taste.

June 10, 2013 at 10:12 am |
  12. GOOD NEWS

Jesus and Muhammad were the truthful Messengers
    of the same GOD (=i.e. YAHWEH ELOHIM = HUWAH ALLAH)!
    Here is the Ultimate Proof:

UNIVERSAL MAGNIFICENT MIRACLES

June 10, 2013 at 5:07 am |
    • Science

Hey Good news

Science wins over creationism in South Korea

Government asks publishers to retain examples of evolution in science textbooks.

June 10, 2013 at 5:35 am |
    • meifumado

Stay away from children. You should not be allowed to own firearms.
      Seek help from a professional,You are a threat to society.

June 10, 2013 at 10:04 am |
    • Woody

"Jesus and Muhammad were the truthful Messengers of the same GOD" – GOOD NEWS

Jesus was most likely mentally ill. Muhammad was pretty much a used car salesman, probably one of the greatest con artists of all time. With the unwashed, uneducated, supersti-tious people that populated the Middle East at that time, it was easy pickins' for both of them. Now that I think about it, unwashed, uneducated, supersti-tious people still populate a significant part of the Middle East.

June 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
    • Well

Meifumado, this poster has a right to whatever opinion he or she has about fictional things. That does not give you the right to take away his or her right to own fire arms. Stating that poster is a threat to society is a lie. Telling them to stay away from children is also an opinion of yours based on an equal amount of fiction.

June 10, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
  13. Truth_Good news - a must to know

Akira said: You are taking re-tracing your steps and finding your lost key as what? A miracle? A revelation? What?

Read Matthew 18:19-20. From the point of prayer I was led directly to the key without wavering.
    That my conscience spoke is an indication of the relationship we can have with God when we truly establish relationship with him today. The time for you to establish relationship with God is NOW . How? Only through Jesus Christ. You can call it miracle, revelation ...I call it relationship – take not of what the instructions from God are and take note of who answers.
    The examples to you today are God's instruction set in the Holy Bible and the testimony of Christian experience. I am giving you every opportunity, by recording for you, a true life example of walking and responding to God. Note it is about being obedient to God's instruction NOT man's. Jesus Christ sacrifice is for every muslim who will believe and every human being who will believe Call on God. Only He draws you to himself and only He can answer you. He does tell you how! Take the gift today.

June 10, 2013 at 3:11 am |
    • Reality

As with all NT passages, Matt 18: 19-20 has been thoroughly analyzed for historic authenticity by many contemporary NT scholars. It does not pass via a rigorous review using modern methods. (number of independent attestations, the time of the publications, the content as it relates to the subject and time period, and any related archeological evidence). See for example, Professor Gerd Ludemann's analysis in his book, Jesus After 2000 Years, pp. 205-206. "The verses are inauthentic". See also

June 10, 2013 at 10:46 am |
    • Akira

I need to read Bible verse before I can find a lost item?
      Nonsense.
      Retracing your steps and telling yourself to take your time in looking is how you found your key.
      It is not a miracle. It is not a revelation. Your key wasn't lost. Your key was dropped.
      See the difference?

June 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
    • Nancy

"Jesus Christ sacrifice is for every muslim who will believe and every human being who will believe Call on God."

Yo, crazymon, where did you come up with the assumption that Akira was muslim from her statement? 🙄

Dude, you found your key. No big whoop.

June 10, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
  14. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things ,

June 10, 2013 at 2:30 am |
    • Science

The e word wins all the time creationists ..........no god(s) made US............get over IT

Make sure to highlight above phrase..............then click on the little blue box and search with Bing.

Think out side the box and have fun .

The little blue box has new links today !

9-18 of 27,000,000 results Any time

My take: A word to Christians – Be nice – CNN Belief Blog ...

religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/09/my-take-a-word-to-christians-be-nice

Feb 09, 2013 · ... who have been made in God's likeness. ... are all over it. ... Evolution WINS hands down...time for the horn-y red devil to get the hell out of the way......

June 10, 2013 at 5:50 am |
    • Jesus

June 10, 2013 at 11:22 am |
    • Really?

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things"

That's why the data, has shown that atheists have happier and healthier lives than conservative Christians. Your post is built on a lie!

June 10, 2013 at 11:26 am |
  15. Grafted Olive Branch

Dear Islam,
    I know that many of you honestly and fervently seek to know God. Myself, as a Christian, ask you to forgive our trespasses against you as we forgive your trespasses against us.

You try so hard to be good and adhere to the peaceful tenants of your religion. But as is human nature, you have likely discovered that the harder you try to be good and righteous, and fail, the more frustrated you become with yourself. How then can we stand before a Holy God in judgment if we are ourselves un-clean?

I was the same way as a Christian, trying so hard to be good and righteous, yet failing miserably due to my own human fallibility and weakness, until I discovered that Jesus Christ is already “righteousness” for me. Jesus’ death on the cross paid the ultimate price for my sins. I am clean by His sacrifice. You can be also. You are offered the olive branch of peace that Jesus Christ alone can provide – forgiveness.

Hear the power of forgiveness from one of your own, Mosab Hassan Yousef, author of the NY Times bestseller Son of Hamas.

June 10, 2013 at 1:07 am |
  16. Science

Science wins over creationism in South Korea

June 9, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
  17. ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

melody, I am exhausted too!! living with four wives and sixteen children is not fun 😉 😉

June 9, 2013 at 6:44 pm |
    • Answer

Teach, them, all, to go, boom. Happy. Go in pieces..

June 9, 2013 at 10:39 pm |
    • Austin

four wives is though.

June 9, 2013 at 10:43 pm |
  18. visitor

I am sorry you are hurting and agree with much of what you say, except the statement about being a feminist. I happen to agree that feminism and Islam are simply, enemies.

I know too many women who have traveled to and through Muslim countries and came back with appalling stories. Bat treatment of women doesn't happen all over the world as consistently as it happens in Muslim dominated countries.

The more Islam dominates a government, the worse it is for women, always. Consistently. Never fails. You can say that about all religion, but nothing even comes close to Islam when it comes to creating bad environments for women.

It really is up to Muslim women to stop the bad treatment. Women all over the world have to struggle, but the struggles of Muslim Women in Muslim Countries are in a special class of bad. It is indefensible.

June 9, 2013 at 4:04 pm |
  19. Up yours Bill Killian-you might as well chop my head off and put me in a FEMA coffin

Now we know what Obama meant in 2008 when he said this, "We cannot continue to rely on our military...We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
    The h0m0facist/islamofacists now have the DHS and FEMA Corp(HItler Youth) with their 1.2 billion rounds of ammo and armored vehicles. The NSA is monitoring all of your phone calls and blog postings. Welcome to George Orwell's worst nightmare, Amerikka! Nice job you heathen fools, you've royally screwed up this nation.

June 9, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
    • Up yours Bill Killian-you might as well chop my head off and put me in a FEMA coffin

You idiots just keep watching cnn/faux/cbs/nbc/abc news. You're putting the noose around your neck and tightening the rope for them. This once great nation is done. Once the Supreme Court rules for g^y marriage this month, we've only to expect Judgment from a Righteous God.

June 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
    • Selective agreement

I agree that a civilian national security force is extremely bad news.

June 9, 2013 at 2:25 pm |

My immediate future does not appear on the surface to be that appealing-rather scary actually:
      Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

June 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm |
    • Commenter

Your brain, hooked on religion = fried

It would be merely sad if only you weren't this stark, staring mad.

Thanks for posting, though... really.

June 9, 2013 at 2:51 pm |

What better place to spend eternity?
      Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
      Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
      Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
      Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
      Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

June 9, 2013 at 2:52 pm |

Commenter, Even the secular people can see this nation is in deep cr^p, but the kool-aid chuggers such as yourself will live in denial until the end.

June 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm |
    • Brother Joe

Wow, those Revelation fantasies sound like:

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
      There's a land that's fair and bright
      Where the handouts grow on bushes
      And you sleep out ev'ry night
      Where the boxcars are all empty
      And the sun shines ev'ry day
      Oh, I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow
      Where the rain don't fall and the wind don't blow
      In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Oh, the buzzin' of the bees in the peppermint trees
      'Round the soda water fountains
      Where the lemonade springs and the bluebird sings
      In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
      You never change your socks
      And little streams of lemonade
      Come a-tricklin' down the rocks
      The hobos there are friendly
      And their fires all burn bright
      There's a lake of stew ...and soda, too
      You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe
      In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Oh, the buzzin' of the bees in the peppermint trees
      'Round the soda water fountains
      Where the lemonade springs and the bluebird sings
      In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

June 9, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
    • Commenter

Up yours,

I guess you guys are just not praying right, eh, or to the wrong god? Get on it, Slacker!

June 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
    • Brother Joe

Hang on, @Up yours,

You will eat, bye and bye
      In that glorious land above the sky
      Work and pray, live on hay
      You'll get pie in the sky when you die.

June 9, 2013 at 3:12 pm |
    • Austin

there is no such thing as a fema coffin.

June 9, 2013 at 10:44 pm |
  20. Up yours Bill Killian-you might as well chop my head off and put me in a FEMA coffin

The crescent news network, h0m0facist/islamofacists are good at deleting comments nowadays.

June 9, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
    • Doobs

As has been explained many times, CNN uses WordPress, which automatically flags naughty words, even if the word itself is benign.

So your post will not appear if you use the word substitute, because it contains the word "tit" within it. A bit of HTML will overcome it. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

June 9, 2013 at 1:13 pm |

Doobs, I'm speaking of comments that have already been posted and have since been deleted.

June 9, 2013 at 1:16 pm |

The h0m0facists/islamofacists hate free speech-it goes a long way exposing them for the evil that they are.

June 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
    • Hard Facts

You are a guest on a private company's website. Having comments deleted (read the site's TOS) is frustrating, but you are certainly welcome to set up your own private website any time...

June 9, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
    • midwest rail

There are no 1st Amendment issues involved when commenting on a private corporation's website. None.

June 9, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
    • .

as long as qu eers and atheists delete the Truth there are no 1st amendment issues but if the fa ggots and liars get cut watch the stink they will raise

June 9, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
    • Akira

You are quite bigoted, Up yours. Not a condemnation exactly, just a statement of fact. I hope you are comforted by that, along with your verses; but I honestly cannot see how you can be.

June 9, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
    • Akira

It would seem that . is in the same bigoted boat. Jesus would approve?

June 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm |