home
RSS
Kanye West's God complex
Is Kanye West's braggadocio blasphemy or just showmanship?
June 20th, 2013

Kanye West's God complex

(CNN) Kanye West wants his listeners to know that he is “a close high” to God.

His latest album, “Yeezus,” released Tuesday, offered several controversial track titles, including “New Slaves,” “Black Skinhead” and the most audacious, “I Am a God.” The track’s credit says “featuring God,” as if He’s just another artist – a Rick Ross or Pharrell Williams – stepping into the studio to spit a couple of verses.

The song closes with the verses, “I just talked to Jesus/he said, ‘What up, Yeezus?’/I said “S*** I’m chilling/trying to stack these millions'/I know he’s the most high, but I am a close high.”

So, does Kanye really think he's God's match?

FULL STORY
- lcc18

Filed under: Belief • Celebrity • Faith • Media

1. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things

June 22, 2013 at 6:19 am |
  2. tallulah13

Does this make that Kardashian chick the Virgin Mary?

June 21, 2013 at 11:14 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

I've witnessed docu mentary evidence that proves she ain't no virgin. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Mary wasn't either.

June 21, 2013 at 11:18 pm |
  3. faith

if TV evangelists can use God to make $$$ for them, so should Kanye use God to make $$$ for himself.

June 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
  4. Mopery

Kanye exists, therefore he can not possibly be god.

June 21, 2013 at 9:45 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

Mopery Wins. Flawless victory.

June 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm |
    • domesticdreams

I wonder if he does "requests"

June 21, 2013 at 10:31 pm |
  5. Skipper

It's funny to see how some need to write insults, and all. Nice to see some people who insult know some real intelligent words to go with their wonderful wisdom. Thank you for making me laugh.

June 21, 2013 at 9:24 pm |
  6. Skipper

I don't care if a stranger thinks ai have a simple mind, I just won't waste money on anyone who says things that are senseless to me. I didn't ask anyone to agree, and it's the truth, not fantasy that usually the public loses interest when a celebiry. There are some I enjoy, I just don't listen to music that I don't enjoy. Makes a whole lot of sense to me.

June 21, 2013 at 9:18 pm |
  7. Kanye West

Have you guys ever heard of satire??? You aren't looking into the deeper meaning of the music, just what you see on the surface. If you look into a lot of his work, you'll see that more than half the time he is lamenting his choices and is satirizing himself as a flawed figure eaten up by the fast life. Do some research.

June 21, 2013 at 8:16 pm |

It's still crap though.

June 21, 2013 at 8:16 pm |
    • Fortune holds more for the bold

He keeps trying to be provocative, running out of ideas and landed on some narrasistic rage, and now looks silly

June 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm |
    • Candiano

Do some research on a no-talen hack? Why would I waste my time?

June 22, 2013 at 12:08 am |
  8. GOOD NEWS

GOD absolutely exists, and powerfully reigns.

UNIVERSAL MAGNIFICENT MIRACLES

June 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm |

No he doesn't.

June 21, 2013 at 7:32 pm |
    • Rap with a capital C

June 21, 2013 at 9:25 pm |
  9. the AnViL™

kanye is a retarded untermensch – like all xians.

easily-led, dumb, ignorant – and proud of it.

nothing to see here, move along....

move along.

June 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

I've met many highly intelligent, knowledgeable Christians before. Blanket statements made about entire groups say more about the person making the statements.

June 21, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • the AnViL™

ALL xians are delusional and as a result, ignorant, and stupid.

people who believe in imaginary men in the sky are retarded. yes – that even includes great minds like isaac newton.

deal with it.

June 21, 2013 at 7:24 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

Delusional and stupid are completely separate characteristics.

Deal with it.

June 21, 2013 at 7:27 pm |
    • the AnViL™

haltard ignorantly spittled: "Delusional and stupid are completely separate characteristics."

wow – thank you, professor.

as for delusions – they cause people to operate on faulty data – and that's stupid. the two go hand-in-hand.

but you go on and reconcile it however you choose.... you won't change the flat fact that delusional people (xians) are ignorant and retarded.
      cha cha cha

June 21, 2013 at 7:39 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

Yeh, what have you ever accomplished?

June 21, 2013 at 7:41 pm |

Yeah

June 21, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
    • Uncouth Swain

Jeesh, must be Anvils time of the month.
      Cha cha cha 😉

June 21, 2013 at 7:46 pm |
    • the AnViL™

riiiiiiight – so in order to state plain flat facts, someone has to list their CV??

lol

get real, princess...

you are dismissed.

June 21, 2013 at 7:49 pm |

Exactly.

June 21, 2013 at 7:52 pm |
  10. Agnostic theist

Well y'know atleast we have some proof that Kanye West exists.

June 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

Agnostic theist is an oxymoron.

June 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
    • Apatheist

Not true. Agnostic means you don't know for certain. Not knowing for certain does not preclude you from a theistic or atheistc belief systems.

June 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  11. STFU

promoting God through guys like Kanye tells me how desperate these churches are.

June 21, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
    • Skipper

I pray for Kanye West, because I saw a big change in his music after his mom died a tragic death after cosmetic surgery. I see the music industry for what it is, people entertaining anyone who chooses to buy the music. And the word idol is like worshipping a person. I don't see entertainers as idols, but people who became celebriites because people paid money to be entertained, but no person in my eyes has God-like status, because of money, fame, possessions, and alot of PR (public relations). If people didn't get any press, who would know much about most of the celebrities? We choose what we listen to, what we watch, and if we let any person be in some all-powerful position. All of them are people with alot of money, and who would pay attention if they were in poverty? If he lost his fame and money, how important would the public make him or anyone else. That's what any celebrity knows about fame and fortune.

June 21, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

What church is doing that?

June 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
    • HeavenScent

So Skippy, what exactly is your point? They DO have fame and money as people bought their albums and liked them. So all you;re hypothetical conjecture is a total waste of time. There is only one response to all your simple-minded ranting about your fantasy world.

"Duh".

June 21, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Do not "pray".
      Allah has a plan. Stop screwing it up with your prayers. She already knows what she is going o do, (she is omniscient).

June 21, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
    • Candiano

HeavenSent, I thought Christians didn't critisize other Christians. So what are you complaining about?

"Duh"

June 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Candiano
      Can you read ?
      Look at the names .

June 21, 2013 at 11:39 pm |
    • Candiano

I just noticed that the HeavenSCent was actually posted by someone who thought stealing a handle and posting in almost the same asinine manner as the original would fool me. Well, it did. Well, aren't you the clever little piece of work? Is Central Scrutinizer. He used to pull this same infantile shit, and having an orgasm when he fooled someone. Yay for Apple Bush! Hope it was a good come.

June 22, 2013 at 12:18 am |
    • Candiano

And yeah, adding the c was cute. As was imitating her down to the "duh". Forgive me if I thought you were just as stupid as she is. Oh, wait...you are.

June 22, 2013 at 12:23 am |
  12. Lee

Who knows anything anymore?!? At the rate uneducated Americans are going, they may be worshiping Kayne West as some modern day Jesus in the future.
    Literally most Americans believe a 1st century Jewish carpenter resurrected himself so their bundles of soul energy get to fly around cosmos for all eternity. Like for reals? Yall are literate with internet access and wanna tell me a personal caretaker up in the sky cares about you and gave you a "purpose"....which is most of the time to repeat biblical nonsense to anyone and everyone and "spread the word". So after you die, your soul energy "ascends" into the heavens and you live forever. Got it! And if I choose not to believe this, I "burn" down below but an evil angel turned prince of darkness, cause good vs. evil was made up by God and not people, right?!? Right?!

June 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Lee,

The kingdom domains of the Gods lays upon the insides of our bodies which are nothing but godly buildings maintained and inhabited by the myriad families of God, the grandest father and architect of atomized creationism.

June 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
    • HeavenScent

No lionly, unfortunately for you, I work in surgery.
      What you say is in there, is not in there. Where it is, moron,is in your hyper-acute imagination. No where else.

June 21, 2013 at 6:12 pm |
    • lionlylamb

HeavenScent,

What you see in surgeries are but veils when one considers the atomized cosmos. The scalar similarities between the atomic and the celestial cosmologies simply cannot be waved aside and put upon a shelf. We have yet to consider the time-factors between the atomic and celestial dimensions of spatial relativities where say a minute our time here upon the celestial goes by and a hundred years goes by if one would be placed within the atomic cosmos.

June 21, 2013 at 8:08 pm |
    • evolvedDNA

LL why does there have to be a god for your cosmos... what in the cosmos proves your god.

June 22, 2013 at 1:17 am |
  13. Akira

Kayne West: the ego has landed.

June 21, 2013 at 4:03 pm |
  14. It's a Shhhaaayaaaaammee!

June 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  15. Post a comment

How much money did God spend to create the universe?

June 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
    • lionlylamb

God charged it all on His Discovery card! 👿

June 21, 2013 at 4:25 pm |
  16. What?

June 21, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
  17. ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

OH I like.

June 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  18. lionlylamb

The 'invisible' domains of the Godly kingdoms are found inside and upon the atomic cosmos. Celestial Life Forms are but buildings for all the Gods to take up residencies within and upon. Without the Gods there could be no celestial life augmentations. We are all the Gods' husbandries. We are their buildings. The Gods be with us always onto forever. May the generations of your Godly embodiments give you long life here upon the celestial constraints of cosmological orderliness.

June 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm |

Hokum.

June 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
    • Athy

We generally ignore Lionly. His posts make no sense whatsoever. All he wants is attention.

June 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

I just like saying hokum.

June 21, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
    • Athy

Gotcha. It does roll of the tongue nicely, doesn't it?

June 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Athy,

And what is your grade level? Or are you intellectually sightless and left up to be nothing more than an emotionally enhanced figurative understudy of parrot away vernaculars?

June 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm |
    • Matt

yawn....next fruit loop.

June 21, 2013 at 4:13 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Athy

A wee bit of-fish aren't we? I screw up all the time. Trying to master the English vernaculars is a lifelong endeavor.

June 21, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
    • Athy

Why don't you just give up, then, You're not getting anywhere close to mastering English.

June 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Athy,

Always the most positive aren't we Athy? One can only hope you aren't so apathetically negative when with your friends and family. The strengths of one's Word is in their worded deeds.

June 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
    • Athy

It's difficult to be positive where you are concerned, Lionly.

June 21, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
    • HeavenScent

oooohh.
      Good story lionly. But it needs some dragons.

June 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm |
    • HeavenScent

or maybe some zombies, or werewolves.

June 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm |
    • Le Loup-Garou

you called?

June 21, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Athy,

Do people, whom you find as having a sense of verbal distastefulness, a favor. Just don't be so sarcastically crass unless one is gnawing on the Word itself.

June 21, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
    • Athy

Can anyone translate that for me?

June 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
    • the AnViL™

kids – it's important to remember that every time you engage lionlylamb – you're dealing with an admitted diagnosed schizophrenic.

it may be fun to poke a stick at the mentally ill from time-to-time.... but it's not always smart.

June 21, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • Dippy

Forewarned is forearmed.

June 21, 2013 at 11:34 pm |
  19. hyyerlurnings

Psalm 82:6: "Ye are gods and children of the Most High."

He is not saying he is God's match, or anything even close to that. He's saying there is a God, or a higher power that controls the conditions in which we experience life, and Kanye acknowledges that God is almighty (He also say's he's a man of God in the song). Is it not taught in Christianity, that everything in this world has God essense, meaning in our most basic of forms, we are God. Kanye West seems to be very in tune spiritually, and realizes that while there is a God almighty, we too as humans posses an exponential amount of power, controlling the life in which we live. I

June 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm |

Hokum.

June 21, 2013 at 3:07 pm |
    • sam

That's a really nice way of looking at it. Sadly, he's actually a giant flaming douchebag with a massive ego. Which is fine, really; seems to be working for him.

June 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
    • ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

Word GOD is truth absolute specific, but we have authority to be like HIM, in our life, to be like HIM, or be a hindu denier of truth absolute GOD in life by hindu atheism, criminal self center ism, like hindu Lucifer, criminal secular, self centered of all in life as their god.

June 21, 2013 at 3:13 pm |

You need a hug.

June 21, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
    • ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

no you touch my ass I touch your ass

June 21, 2013 at 3:21 pm |

If you like.

June 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
    • Athy

What is an "exponential amount of power"?

June 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
    • ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

oh don't bet on it hindu, I am a Hijra with male and female couplings

June 21, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • HINDU FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTlTUTION

Word GOD is truth absolute specific, but we have authority to be like HIM, in our life, to be like HIM, or be a muslim denier of truth absolute GOD in life by muslim atheism, criminal self center ism, like muslim Lucifer, criminal secular, self centered of all in life as their god. Ismism

June 21, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
    • STFU

shut up you Satan.

June 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm |
    • meifumado

LOL @ Ismism!!!

June 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

You can touch mine, if I ... well, no... maybe not.

June 21, 2013 at 6:16 pm |
  20. Taylor Swift

Kanye, I'mma let you finish, but Beyonce had the best stupid baby name of all time! ALL TIME!!

June 21, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
    • Fortune holds more for the bold

"Taylor" now that's clever!!!

June 21, 2013 at 10:33 pm |