home
RSS
August 9th, 2013

'No Muslim parking' signs spark outrage

From CNN affiliate KPRC

Houston - New signs posted outside a mosque in Spring Branch, Texas, have sparked outrage from Muslims nationwide.

In black letters, the signs reads, "No Muslim parking in the Westview Shopping Center. Your car will be towed."

The posters lined the street near the El Farouq Mosque, where Muslims heading to worship services said they were were offended.

"I feel sorry for the person who wrote it," Ahmed Hassan told CNN affiliate KPRC. "This is what comes to mind because obviously he has a lot of hate."

"I'm very shocked because we do live in a society that's supposed to be very accepting, and this is what we all preach," said Yara Aboshady. "That we all have the freedom of religion."

The parking signs were mentioned Thursday in an newsletter from the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Muslims civil rights group.

In recent years, Muslims have faced protests nationwide when trying to construct new mosques, including in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, where mosque opponents have filed an appeal with the state supreme court to block construction.

The El Farouq Mosque sits across the street from the shopping center. Store employees did not want to go on camera for KPCR but did say they get angry when mosque members park in their lot, taking up spots meant for customers.

With the Muslim monthlong fast for the holy month of Ramadan ending and a crowd expected at the mosque, the signs anonymously appeared.

No shopping center employees would admit to posting the signs. One worker said the shopping center owner, Steve Kwon, posted the signs. He denied it.

"I did not put up the signs," Kwon said. After speaking with KPRC, Kwon removed the signs.

Aboshady wondered about the sign writer's true motive.

"It could be no parking for the sake of patrons that come in," Aboshady said. "Or it really could be a prejudice and just a mean thing to say."

She and others still find the signs insensitive and offensive.

"It's really offensive and it's hateful," Hassan said.

The shopping center owner says he will call a tow company to try to get all of the cars that shouldn't be parked there out. He also says he'll be checking the property to make there are no more of the offensive parking signs.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Discrimination • Eid al-Fitr • Holidays • Islam • Mosque • Muslim • Ramadan • United States

soundoff (1,063 Responses)
  1. Muzamil Khan - Lahore

To be fair we are most intolerant of all religion.
    The shopkeeper was most likely saying please mosque people, do not park here because our customers have no place to park.
    But immejutly all Muslim organisations and agency will start to complain racism ! bigotry ! blah blah blah... and call TV channel to make big class action suit so that every American will laugh at Muslims.
    No other people like this. They simply say Sir please take this sign down, we understand and we will ask the Muslim to don't act like fools and take every parking spot in private property.
    I am so ashamed of things like this in media that I want to convert to Christianity, a more easy going forgiving religion instead of this type of insane mentality.

August 9, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

If you're a Muslim, I'm a ninja chipmunk who fights inter-dimensional shadow thieves.

August 9, 2013 at 9:41 pm |
      • Akira

I agree...although I would like to know what a ninja chipmunk who fights inter-dimensional shadow thieves looks like...sounds like a blast.

August 9, 2013 at 9:49 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Do some acid and watch Alvin and The Chipmunks in the dark. That may have the desired effect.

August 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
    • You are not....

....Muslim. Do you think you fool anyone with that lame ass pseudo accent? Puhleeze.

August 9, 2013 at 9:43 pm |
    • henrystravels

If the intent of the sign was to keep people from parking at the mall, it should have said so.
      "Parking for mall customers only - all others will be towed."

What the sign says is that no Muslims can park there, even if they are there to shop at the mall.

It's not an embarassment for Muslims to be upset about this. Civilized people should be upset about this.

August 13, 2013 at 1:52 pm |
    • HA!

I call baloney sandwich!

August 20, 2013 at 9:09 pm |
  2. Change the sign to ...

Parking for infidels only

August 9, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
    • Rob

nailed it!

August 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm |
  3. The Mockingjay

The signs are certainly insensitive and shouldn't have been done, but what bothers me is that Muslims seen to carry a big chip on their shoulder. The slightest little offense and they want to fight. They wanna fight us. They want to fight jews and each other. They can't seem to get along with anyone anywhere and I am afraid that if more of them come to America, they will just cause trouble because that is all they seem to do!

August 9, 2013 at 7:00 pm |
    • I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

Had the sign said "No Mosque Parking" would the response have been the same?

"No Church Parking", "No Synagogue Parking" and "No Mosque Parking" all seem OK to me.

"No Christian Parking", "No Jewish Parking" and "No Muslim Parking" are all equally wrong.

August 9, 2013 at 7:38 pm |
    • tallulah13

I'm an atheist and this sign makes me angry, just as a sign that said "No christian parking", or "No jewish parking" or "No atheist parking" would make me. This sort of thing has no place in a country that allows freedom of religion.

August 9, 2013 at 10:46 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

What about a country that guaranteed property rights?

August 10, 2013 at 2:37 am |
      • Burst Your Bubble

atheism isn't a religion.

August 12, 2013 at 8:54 am |
        • yll

freedom of religion doesn't mean you have to be a member of one faith or another, merely that you can believe whatever you choose, be it a religion, a personal spiritual/supernatural belief, or none of the above.

August 21, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • Susan StoHelit

What chip? Those quoted in the article were understanding if it was merely a sign trying to reserve parking for patrons of the shopping center.

August 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm |
    • HA!

The sign could have easily said, as so many do, some variation of, "parking for shopping center patrons only."

August 20, 2013 at 9:11 pm |
  4. AE

The Westview Shopping Center should cut off the head of one of the parking violators and post it on youtube.

August 9, 2013 at 5:52 pm |
    • Trista

What the hell is wrong with you? Have you taken leave of your senses, or is this not the AE that usually posts here?

August 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I imagine it's a facetious remark.

August 9, 2013 at 6:26 pm |
      • AE

Yes, I wrote that.

Anyway, seek humility and don't start a new thread taking a quote of mine out of context and start talking about something completely different. Or else I will question you about it. Bla bla bla.

August 9, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
      • Trista

AE, I am answering the same thread your post is on; what the heck are you talking about, taking your post out of conext? It doesn't seem characteristic of the AE that usually posts.
        You need to seek humility a little more...along with a little empathy. Your Christian Elitist mentality seems to be peeking through, and it's rather ugly.
        So, I called you out on it. Bla bla bla.

August 9, 2013 at 9:31 pm |
      • AE

Trista

They should convert everyone by leading crusades into the shopping center and mosque and start murdering people, just like the Christians.

(See, I'm just joking with the OP)

August 9, 2013 at 11:34 pm |
  5. I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Let's no start giving people ideas.

August 9, 2013 at 5:44 pm |

Not.

August 9, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
  6. flying spaghetti monster

Man, this place is slow today... anyone know any good jokes?

August 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

No, but I know some men that do.

August 9, 2013 at 5:31 pm |
      • Akira

Man, I miss those guys.

August 9, 2013 at 10:38 pm |
    • Alias

How many cops does it take to change a lightbulb?
      None, they'll just beat the room for being black.

August 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm |
      • Dennis

Good!

August 24, 2013 at 11:34 am |
  7. skytag

This was the work of some uneducated dimwit who was too stupid to realize Muslims shop in malls. This was in Texas, after all. Maybe Rick Perry put up the signs.

August 9, 2013 at 5:01 pm |
  8. Honey Badger Don't Care

What about someone who was mooslum who was shopping in his store? Could they park there?

August 9, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
    • AE

August 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm |
      • •O•

Would you feel the signs were a-ok if the mall was across from a Christian Church and the signs said "No Christian Parking"...et al? And a Christian were to to want to shop there? Would they be able to park there?

August 9, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
        • AE

I would probably find it funny and take a pic!

One church I go to used to have to remind people to "park in a loving manner", because neighbors were complaining of people blocking their driveways on Sunday mornings. Access to a new parking lot solved that problem.

Same type of problem happens during parades, fireworks and Google events.

August 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
        • Akira

I had that problem, except this woman thought it would be acceptable to park IN my driveway. I warned her, and she acted as if it was her RIGHT to park there...she did it again the next Sunday.

She got towed.

Problem solved.

I have no patience for idiots.

August 9, 2013 at 9:55 pm |
  9. jim

Let them buy some land and build their own parking lot.

August 9, 2013 at 3:36 pm |

Hear, hear.

August 9, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
      • Lycidas

They tried something like that already in NYC and it caused all sorts of stupidity from the riff raff.

August 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Those people are idiots who need a crash course in The First Amendment.

August 9, 2013 at 4:38 pm |
  10. Honey Badger Don't Care

"So much for religious freedom I guess. Saying all muslims are terrorists is just as bad as saying all christians are part of Westboro."

Actually all xtians are terrorists. Anyone that threatens you with burning for eternity for the finite crime of not believing in something for which there is no evidence is a terrorist in my book.

August 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

If that's Christian terrorism, I'll take that every day of the week over Islamic terrorism.

August 9, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
      • Honey Badger Don't Care

OK, how about xtians that bomb ab0rtion clinics or shoot doctors?

August 9, 2013 at 3:48 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Well, that's a different kettle of fish.

August 9, 2013 at 3:58 pm |
    • Lycidas

Honey Badger Don't Care- "Anyone that threatens you with burning for eternity for the finite crime of not believing in something for which there is no evidence is a terrorist in my book."

They are no more threatening you with burning forever than you are with them in regards to the entropy of the universe.

August 9, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

That's not a threat though, it's (probably) an inescapable occurrence. The Christian threat of torture is an attempt to coerce people into believing.

August 9, 2013 at 4:16 pm |
        • Lycidas

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that- "it's (probably) an inescapable occurrence."

From the christian pov, so is h e l l

August 9, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

But with entropy (I'm assuming we're talking heat death), there's likely no alternative. With Christianity, the alternative to eternal damnation is to worship their deity. That's a specific threat.

August 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm |
      • oh dear

Actually a lot of Christians think that's BS and there's even a very common belief system called Christian universalism that many common, non-pundit Christians hold without even knowing it.

August 23, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
  11. Honey Badger Don't Care

How is he going to know which car belongs to a mooslem and which one isnt unless they have an "I brake for AIIah" or "AIIah is my copilot" bumper sticker? Maybe a fish with a turban on it?

August 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
  12. Reality

Why there is some validity to said signs:

As the koranic/mosque driven acts of terror and horror continue:

The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century

■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "

and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.

and more recently

1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured

3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US troops killed in action, 3,480 and 928 in non combat roles. Iraqi civilians killed as of 05/10/2013/, 113,249-123,978 mostly due to suicide bombers, land mines and bombs of various types, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.[2]

5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.

6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.

9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.

10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,385 killed in action, 273 killed in non-combat situations as of 09/15/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.

13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,

14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.

15 The daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings in the terror world of Islam.

16) Bombs sent from Yemen by followers of the koran which fortunately were discovered before the bombs were detonated.

17) The killing of 58 Christians in a Catholic church in one of the latest acts of horror and terror in Iraq.

18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.

19) A Pakistani minister, who had said he was getting death threats because of his stance against the country's controversial blasphemy law, was shot and killed Wednesday, 3/2/2011

20) two American troops killed in Germany by a recently radicalized Muslim, 3/3/2011

21) the kidnapping and apparent killing of a follower of Zoraster in the dark world of Islamic Pakistan.

22) Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN 3/30/2011) - Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl. Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public. Hena dropped after 70 and died a week later.

23) "October 4, 2011, 100 die as a truck loaded with drums of fuel exploded Tuesday at the gate of compound housing several government ministries on a busy Mogadishu street. It was the deadliest single bombing carried out by the al Qaeda-linked al-Shabab group in Somalia since their insurgency began. "

o 24) Mon Jun 4, 2012 10:18am EDT
    o
    BAGHDAD (Reuters) – A suicide bomber detonated an explosive-packed car outside a Shi'ite Muslim office in central Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 26 people and wounding more than 190 in an attack bearing the hallmarks of Iraq's al Qaeda affiliate.

The bombing on a Shi'ite religious office comes at a sensitive time, with the country's fractious Shi'ite, Sunni and Kurdish blocs locked in a crisis that threatens to unravel their power-sharing deal and spill into sectarian tensions."

25) BURGAS, Bulgaria | Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27am EDT

(Reuters) – A suicide bomber carried out an attack that killed seven people in a bus transporting Israeli tourists in Bulgaria, the interior minister said on Thursday, and Israel said Iranian-backed Hezbollah militants were to blame.

26 ) September 12, 2012
    U.S. AMBASSADOR KILLED
    Envoy to Libya dies in rocket blast

27) Boston Marathon horror – April 2013, four dead, hundreds injured and maimed for life.

August 9, 2013 at 3:19 pm |
    • skytag

"Why there is some validity to said signs"

Only if you're an ignorant bigot.

August 9, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
    • Reality

What instigated the attack on the Twin Towers, Flight 93 and the Pentagon?

And what drives today's 24/7 mosque/imam-planned acts of terror and horror?

The koran, Mohammed's book of death for all infidels and Muslim domination of the world by any means.

Muslims must clean up this book removing said passages admitting that they are based on the Gabriel myth and therefore obviously the hallucinations and/or lies of Mohammed.

Then we can talk about the safety and location of mosques and what is taught therein.

Until then, no Muslim can be trusted anytime or anywhere..................................

August 9, 2013 at 11:27 pm |
      • Capt Nemo

You ignore how many wars have been fought for, or over, Christ and differing versions of Christianity. Even the Nazis had "Gott Mit Uns" on their belt buckles, and they didn't mean Allah...

Remember the Crusades? How about the civil wars in England between Protestants and Catholics?

Selective use of history does not make you a historian.

No religion has a monopoly on the moral high ground.

August 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm |
  13. Akira

I see "Customer Parking Only. All Others Will Be Towed Away At Owner's Expense" signs all the time.
    It was clumsily done, but if the signs had said that, it would have been perfectly innocuous.

August 9, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • sam

That definitely would have been the more sensible thing to do.

August 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
    • skytag

Obviously the person who made up the signs isn't very bright.

August 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  14. Thought Purification

ya we do live in a society that's supposed to be very accepting, but not at the expense of business owners. May be the guy got tired of Mosque goers constantly parking in his private lot, and posted 'No Muslim Parking". You have to put yourself in business owner's shoe too!!

August 9, 2013 at 2:44 pm |
    • AE

"No El Farouq Mosque Parking" would have worked just fine. Maybe include a caricature of Mohammad just to be funny.

August 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

A caricature of Mohammed fellating Jesus would be hysterical.

August 9, 2013 at 3:07 pm |
        • flying spaghetti monster

Sacrilicious!

August 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm |

August 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
        • HotAirAce

Mohammed and jesus fellating each other would be more than hilarious.

August 10, 2013 at 2:21 am |
  15. I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

If Kwon had put the signs up, I see no issue. It's his property and he should reserve the right to allow who he wants on his property. If it wasn't Kwon, then they should be removed and people should move on and forget about it.

August 9, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
  16. G to the T

While I don't agree with either christian or muslims, I would rather live in a country where both are free to their beliefs... so long as they don't infringe on the civil rights of others.

August 9, 2013 at 2:23 pm |
    • sam

Do you have the right article? Only their freedom of parking was violated and their feelings were hurt. The sign didn't say "No terrorist parking".

August 9, 2013 at 2:33 pm |
      • Zombie God

Not too long ago not much happened to the blacks...I guess their feelings only got hurt with all those Whites Only signs

August 9, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

If a private business doesn't want to serve people of a certain ethnicity or wants to separate ethnicities, they should be allowed to.

August 9, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
        • sam

"Not too long ago not much happened to the blacks..."

Ok...not much happened not too long ago, you're right. wtf?

Also, you're assuming it was more than an idiot choice of words. They likely couldn't spell 'mosque'.

August 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
        • Snow

You want wanton discrimination based on race/ethnicity legal, Dave? what is wrong with you?

August 9, 2013 at 4:19 pm |

I like freedom.

August 9, 2013 at 4:34 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

What about Kwon's property rights (assuming he did it)?

August 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
      • G to the T

I'm all for property rights and if he meant "No Mosque Parking" that would be a different story. I apologize as I was just dealing with some particularly ignorant people on my end and may have transposed some of that into the article.

August 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

If you're all for property rights, you should also have no problem with a business denying access to people based on religion, race, s.exuality, etc.

August 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
        • •O•

If you are in a retail setting, you don't get to choose your customer base, much as you would like to think you can. Although I realize you are a Libertarian, your rights to discriminate doesn't trump my rights not to be discriminated against based on your particular flavor of bigotry. This isn't 1840, and the laws of a civilized society apply. If you don't like Muslims, don't operate a business in a neighborhood that have Muslims in it. Simple.

This could have been avoided with a simple "customer parking only" sign. Even the stupidest business owner can spell that.

August 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I'm not a libertarian, I'm a conservative. And my position isn't based on any sort of bigotry (if I owned a retail outlet, I personally would serve anybody), it's based on property rights.

August 9, 2013 at 3:56 pm |
        • •O•

Personal property rights, maybe. If you own property and lease it to retail establishments, you have no say in who they serve; they don't, either.
          Even if you own the retail establishment, there are discrimination laws that apply. It cannot be a free-for-all. This is pretty much why the laws exist in the first place...because people took their property rights to mean they can do whatever the hell they wanted under the guise of that "right."
          I can limit who I want on my personal property, but I cannot in my business establishment, according to the business laws in my town.

Sorry I thought you were Libertarian. I thought I read that you were.

August 9, 2013 at 4:15 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I realize the way the law is, I'm talking about how the law should be. In my opinion, minimum government intrusion, contract law and property rights are the sacrosanct basis of a free-market system. The further we deviate from these three foundations, the closer we get to a socialist dystopia.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid and selfish. Either way, these are my views.

August 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm |
        • •O•

I see. I respect your right to hold that view, even if I disagree with it; I don't believe anyone has the right to discriminate against other people because they hold the deed to a property. Especially in a retail setting.
          I suppose some laws are necessary to keep people civilized, for history has shown that most of the time, they most decidedly are not when it comes to ownership of people, places, and things.

August 9, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
  17. Saraswati

I wonder if they really meant the signs to say that or just didn't understand the difference between writing "No mosque parking" (which is similar to thousands of parking signs) and "No Muslim parking". I see "No restaurant parking" and "no school parking" all the time. If a store were next to a school I can imagine someone might put up "no student parking" which would be similar, but less offensive. A poor choice of words, but without knowing more it seems wrong to jump to any conclusion but idiocy.

August 9, 2013 at 2:22 pm |
    • sam

Chances are it was stupidity borne of annoyance...but these days everyone assumes hate crime.

August 9, 2013 at 2:31 pm |
      • Zombie God

Hate crime is a category used to describe bias-motivated violence: "as sault, injury, and murder on the basis of certain personal characteristics: different appearance, different color, different nationality, different language, different religion."

"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts that are seen to have been motivated by bias against one or more of the types above, or of their derivatives. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, haras sment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).

August 9, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
        • sam

Thanks for the lesson. What's your point? Mine was that hatred was being automatically assumed, and that's a dangerous road to travel.

August 9, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
    • Thought Purification

intentionally or not intentionally, he solved his parking problem. I have seen this happening in all towns. People lie to the town officials about their number of members attending churches, temples, mosques; they don't create enough parking and when their places get crowded, they don't provide overflow parking. I personally think Mosque Board of trustees are somewhat responsible for the incident too!!!

August 9, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
      • Saraswati

They'd probably do best to tow a few cars from any church or mosque doing this and the message would get out soon. Or run the signs by the inst itution first so they don't come out as stupid sounding as these ones did.

August 9, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • MrHighMighty

I agree that these signs had a legitimate purpose, but were clumsily done. Around here there are "No Church Parking" signs in the shopping center near a mega-church, and the church members do not make a fuss, but I bet if the signs said "No Watered-Down Man-Centered So-called Christians Parking" there would be a lot of upset folks and it would be worthy of a CNN Blog story.

August 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
  18. Store Owner

Bootyfunk keeps parking in the handicapped parking spot at my store. When I said 'hey, sir, you look able bodied' he pointed to his head and said 'ima atheist, duh'. He walked into my store. When I said 'hey, sir, this is a christian bookstore, what are you doing here' he pointed to his heart and said 'du, you stoopid idiot i am here to just f-ing mock and ridicule you.' "Why" I said. 'Du, dont worry nothing matters at all, dhar.'
    True story,
    Hannah

August 9, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
    • Zombie God

hmmm I get it...this is a KKKhristian Blog and our country is a KKKristian Nation

August 9, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
    • •O•

Is this what passes for Christian humor?

August 9, 2013 at 4:21 pm |
    • Doobs

Oh, look, Booty, you have a fan!

August 9, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
  19. Bootyfunk

christians are so welcoming to people of different faiths...

August 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm |
    • The DuckOfDeath

Yeah, because Kwon sounds so Christian..dummy.

August 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Kwon is a Korean names. Many South Koreans are devout Christians. It's doubtful that Kwon did it anyway.

August 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm |
      • Honey Badger Don't Care

South Korea has the highest population of xtian per capita of any country. It is in the south isnt it?

August 9, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
    • R.M. Goodswell

@Duck

He could be....there millions Asian Christians. More likely the mosque doesn't have adequate parking. A parking space can equal $12k a year, If that shopping center is hurting for parking as well I could see signs going up. Customers only would have been better..who knows it could improve business – make people come in and buy gum, water etc. they d need for spending hours listening to one rant after another.

August 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm |
    • Atypical Atheist

Glad to see that you don't let your bias get in the way of logic and common sense.

August 9, 2013 at 3:58 pm |
  20. Lyicdas

Idiots...would love to see them show up in person and tell them this.

August 9, 2013 at 2:03 pm |